Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
Jaded

Let's Talk About The Rest Of The Family

Recommended Posts

Robin looks anorexic. I wonder if she has an eating disorder or is ill. Either way, there will be an entire series or book about it, published of course, by hissonjay.

I have been married for 40 years. My husband would not even comment if I made a major change to my hair but he would notice if I became scary thin and would insist that I see a doctor. Is there not doctor on hissonjay's show that has asked her about her weight loss? They are doctors first.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
On 4/2/2019 at 2:04 PM, iHateAmpersands said:

MySonJay has yet another company that he's involved with, shown for the first time on today's episode.

Oh to the fucking NO! Mysonjay is seeping into the world of Walmart!? I somehow DON'T equate " safe, affordable baby products" with "made in China". 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
On 3/19/2019 at 11:12 AM, Showthyme said:

Robin looks anorexic. I wonder if she has an eating disorder or is ill. Either way, there will be an entire series or book about it, published of course, by hissonjay.

I have been married for 40 years. My husband would not even comment if I made a major change to my hair but he would notice if I became scary thin and would insist that I see a doctor. Is there not doctor on hissonjay's show that has asked her about her weight loss? They are doctors first.

Where is that ridiculous "Doctor On Demand" when you need it?  Another hissonjay podcast hawked on today's show, smh.  Jay, get off the family tit already.

  • Like 3
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post

I never thought it would happen but it did: MySonJordan is now being pimped out by dad with some podcast called Tracks of Life (?)

I thought/hoped that the reason Jordan was rarely on his father's show was due to Jordan not wanting to be a part of it. That his music was his art and he wanted to make it on his own. But apparently I'm wrong.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
On 4/16/2019 at 5:30 PM, chenoa333 said:

I never thought it would happen but it did: MySonJordan is now being pimped out by dad with some podcast called Tracks of Life (?)

I thought/hoped that the reason Jordan was rarely on his father's show was due to Jordan not wanting to be a part of it. That his music was his art and he wanted to make it on his own. But apparently I'm wrong.

With this family, it's anything for a buck.  None of this would be possible were it not for the show.  It's starting to get moldy.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

On one of the previews it reveals one of the episodes next week--the girl that had her boyfriend kill her mom and two brothers.   She has yet to take responsibility for the murders but admits "teenagers often make poor choices."   Who sits in a car while boyfriend kills mom and siblings and then goes have sex with him?    But this story is already made into a Netflix episode on Women Who Kill.  I wonder why Dr. P is going to rehash it and it seems like he is asking the very same questions the other guy did.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

I see why folks are talking about Robin's thinness.  I was turning the channel to watch Judge Judy, and a Phil rerun from 2018 was just ending -- he walked over to grab Robin and do their walk off camera.  Robin is wearing a pair of semi-fitted jeans and her legs look like damn twigs.  Most times I tune in, she's wearing a dress or shirt and her legs don't make an impact, but these jeans just highlight how horribly bony this chick has gotten. 

Phil should spend more of his energy on getting his skeletal wife some help.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, patty1h said:

Robin is wearing a pair of semi-fitted jeans and her legs look like damn twigs. 

Check out Robin's Instagram page if you want to see lots of pics she posts of her and Phillip and pics of just her looking so skinny. Her thinness is disturbing. 

Edited by chenoa333
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
On 5/28/2019 at 5:29 PM, chenoa333 said:

Check out Robin's Instagram page if you want to see lots of pics she posts of her and Phillip and pics of just her looking so skinny. Her thinness is disturbing. 

The wealthy motto, you can never be too thin or too wealthy. She looks like a cartoon.

  • Like 1
  • Laugh 3

Share this post


Link to post
On 5/28/2019 at 5:29 PM, chenoa333 said:

Check out Robin's Instagram page if you want to see lots of pics she posts of her and Phillip and pics of just her looking so skinny. Her thinness is disturbing. 

O.M.G! 😳 I just looked at her IG, and she is skeletal!  And her head looks so big!  She honestly looks like a cartoon character.  That’s beyond disturbing, especially since her husband is supposed to know how to “fix” problems like that. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, farmgal4 said:

That’s beyond disturbing, especially since her husband is supposed to know how to “fix” problems like that. 

I get a hateful, misogynistic vibe from Schill and the way he always describes women by their looks.  I see him as being a controlling asshole at home, that wouldn't tolerate a wife at the breakfast table without makeup.   

Then there's Robin getting old in Hollywood a city that worships youth and beauty.  She's clinging to her rich old husband like Kate Winslet clings to a floating door.

It's also an upper middle female mindset of that generation.  Their mantra is "I can still fit in my wedding dress"! 

I've got older females in my family that are scrawny bags of bones and proud of it.  Their "diet" is the same one they found in a magazine in 1958.  Black coffee, iceberg lettuce and broth.  Of course, they have no energy and zero muscle tone, but by god they are SKINNY!   Society has trained them that is what keeps a husband.

When you are that thin with so little meat, your plastic surgeon has to just keep yanking, nipping and tucking.

Robin has that tiny body, big head thing going on like Nancy Reagan.  IMO they look like Pez Dispensers.

  • Like 4
  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post
9 minutes ago, zillabreeze said:

Robin has that tiny body, big head thing going on like Nancy Reagan.  IMO they look like Pez Dispensers.

Both have spent half their lives gazing up adoringly at their husbands with wide, vacant eyes.

  • Like 2
  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post

I was listening to a radio show from 2004 called Loveline with Dr. Drew Pinsky & Adam Corolla. They were talking about the time they had MySonJay on their show. They asked him what kind of car he drove while in college...a Ferrari 355. I'm sure Jay paid for it himself!😁

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
On 6/20/2019 at 8:58 PM, zillabreeze said:

Robin has that tiny body, big head thing going on like Nancy Reagan.  IMO they look like Pez Dispensers.

😁 That's awesome snark!

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, chenoa333 said:

I was listening to a radio show from 2004 called Loveline with Dr. Drew Pinsky & Adam Corolla. They were talking about the time they had MySonJay on their show. They asked him what kind of car he drove while in college...a Ferrari 355. I'm sure Jay paid for it himself!😁

I enjoyed watching Loveline for most of it's run when it aired on MTV from the mid 90's until 2000. I never listened to it on the radio when Adam and Dr. Drew were hosting. I did listen/watch it online a few times a couple years ago not long before Dr. Drew left and was hosting with Michael Catherwood at the time.

That doesn't surprise me at all about MySonJay. He's always come across as a self entitled butterfaced (I hate using that word but it fits him) brat. I doubt he would have made it in the industry without his worn out his welcome father.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

I was on Zap2It's TV listings to see what's going to be on TV the next few weeks and came across this description for the 2019 Teen Choice Awards (on next Sunday on FOX):

Quote

Honoring the year's stars from film, TV, music, fashion and comedy; broadcast for the first time from Hermosa Beach, Calif.; scheduled performers include OneRepublic, Bazzi, Blanco Brown, Mabel, Jordan McGraw, Sarah Hyland and HRVY; Lucy Hale hosts.

Thankfully the show is in reruns so he don't have to see Dr. Phil pimping this like he does his favorite other son's projects.

Edited by iHateAmpersands
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, iHateAmpersands said:

I was on Zap2It's TV listings to see what's going to be on TV the next few weeks and came across this description for the 2019 Teen Choice Awards (on next Sunday on FOX):

Thankfully the show is in reruns so he don't have to see Dr. Phil pimping this like he does his favorite other son's projects.

Don't ya' think the pimping would be half-hearted at best?  

Let's be honest, here.  If Schill were to get cornered with a "Sophie's Choice" moment, poor ol' Jordan wouldn't have a prayer against MySonJay.

ETA- just for my own info, what did Ampersands ever do to you???

Edited by zillabreeze
  • Like 1
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post

I saw one of the new shows today. It was the one with the guy who was in love with Miranda Lambert. Boy, is Robin looking rough! She’s always had beautiful, thick hair but today the bangs looked so thin and gray. I wonder if she’s sick because she looks awful.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

I saw something that said Robin now has her own podcast. Has anyone checked it out? What is it about, ie what does she discuss? I don't want to listen to it myself but must admit I'm curious.

I also wonder how to find the amount of subscribers for podcasts. It just doesn't seem like she would have a large amount of fans that would translate to listeners. Podcasts are still a younger persons' thing and the "over 25" group tends to listen to books or podcasts that are true crime, etc., not the wife of a television personality discussing her makeup line. She just doesn't have a personality that I think would translate to a large demographic of listeners. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, Christina said:

I saw something that said Robin now has her own podcast. Has anyone checked it out? What is it about, ie what does she discuss? I don't want to listen to it myself but must admit I'm curious.

I also wonder how to find the amount of subscribers for podcasts. It just doesn't seem like she would have a large amount of fans that would translate to listeners. Podcasts are still a younger persons' thing and the "over 25" group tends to listen to books or podcasts that are true crime, etc., not the wife of a television personality discussing her makeup line. She just doesn't have a personality that I think would translate to a large demographic of listeners. 

And her voice is grating enough on TV.  She doesn’t have the voice for broadcasting.  Not trying to insult, but without Phil, she would have no platform.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, Christina said:

I saw something that said Robin now has her own podcast. Has anyone checked it out? What is it about, ie what does she discuss? I don't want to listen to it myself but must admit I'm curious.

The description from the podcast's official website:

Quote

Robin’s got a secret- actually LOTS of secrets- and she's ready to share them all with YOU! Grab your girlfriends and tune in to feel empowered, motivated, and EXCITED to live your happiest and healthiest life. Consider this your weekly girl time! Robin leads discussions and interviews with the world’s most powerful and talented women and men, while offering her own experience from being a best-selling author, entrepreneur, philanthropist, fashion and beauty icon, television personality, and matriarch of her family. With every show, Robin and her friends will be swapping secrets with celebrities, thought-leaders, political pioneers, innovators, and heroes. From beauty, fashion, and entertaining to motherhood, health, and career… no topic is off limits! By listening to this podcast, you become a member of her Secret Squad of women learning, growing- and MOST importantly- laughing and having fun together.

Warning: this podcast may change your life!

If that doesn't make you want to gag, there's also this interview with the Daily Mail that includes promo pics and screenshots of the first episode (and some gushing about her wonderful "Phillip", of course).

  • Like 2
  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, iHateAmpersands said:

Warning: this podcast may change your life!

What they don't clarify is whether my LISTENING to the podcast is what will change my life.  I don't think if I listen to it, she'll have anything worthwhile to share, so listening to it may be a period of time I don't get back in my day.

I'm sure I'm not her target audience anyway.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, iHateAmpersands said:

The description from the podcast's official website:

If that doesn't make you want to gag, there's also this interview with the Daily Mail that includes promo pics and screenshots of the first episode (and some gushing about her wonderful "Phillip", of course).

That's actually worse than I expected. Those video clips sounded absolutely awful and she looks really bad, like ill bad. I don't want to harp on the looks of a woman in her 60s but she insists she hasn't had plastic surgery and everything is a result of her make up line. Well, that makeup is obviously toxic. 

It may still be around but does anyone remember Goop? Gwenyth Paltrow started a lifestyle blog that was so out of touch for 99% of people that it became a parody. That's what Robin's podcast looks like it will be. There is not a single suggestion for a girls night out that I think we would agree on, so thankfully I don't have to listen to her.

Dr. Phil probably got her to do her own to get her to stay out of his. She probably wants to join in and give her two cents during the interviews, too. 

Wow! Just wow! Make her stop Dr. Phil. At least make her acknowledge her massive weight loss and plastic surgery addictions. She's going to embarrass herself if/when this podcast fails because she's full of shit. I heard she got uninvited to The Talk because she got into it with Osbourne and thought that clip in The Daily Mail may have been it but if it was, it didn't show much. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Christina said:

she insists she hasn't had plastic surgery and everything is a result of her make up line.

And I'm a Victoria's Secret model.

(But I have NOT had gigantic, thick, long veneers placed on my teeth! Lol!)

  • Like 2
  • Laugh 3

Share this post


Link to post
11 hours ago, parrotfeathers said:

What exactly is a "thought leader?"

??Secret Squad of women??

I once interviewed with a consulting firm that wanted me to talk to one of their 'thought leaders'.  I declined the interview and the proffered position.  There's no such thing.  It's a feel-good, silly title that has no merit.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
On 9/17/2019 at 11:42 PM, parrotfeathers said:

What exactly is a "thought leader?"

??Secret Squad of women??

A "thought leader" is the person who sits around coming up with ideas while everyone else does the work.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...