Type keyword(s) to search

Let's Talk About The Rest Of The Family

Jaded
  • Start Topic

On 11/8/2017 at 1:48 PM, wings707 said:

Had she just done a simple face lift, no fillers no implants I bet she would look much better.  She was pretty when younger.  Her cheek implants make her eyes look smaller. 

robin-mcgraw.jpg?auto=compress&fit=crop&

• Love 4

Oh my gosh! You are my people! I've been wondering for years if it was just me who was mesmerized by and unable to look away from the Robin train wreck. Anyone else wonder why Dr. Phil invites anorexic guests on the show  to help when it's obvious Robin is literally wasting away in front of him? She is shockingly thin! 

• Love 7
11 hours ago, smithlb said:

Oh my gosh! You are my people! I've been wondering for years if it was just me who was mesmerized by and unable to look away from the Robin train wreck. Anyone else wonder why Dr. Phil invites anorexic guests on the show  to help when it's obvious Robin is literally wasting away in front of him? She is shockingly thin! 

No you are NOT alone on the fascination with Robin's anorexia and facial enhancements (teeth/veneers,cheeks, botox). Take a look at her Instagram posts. She is even thinner than what we see on Dr. Phil episodes. When she turns sideways she disappears! 

• Love 4
On 7/4/2018 at 6:02 PM, chenoa333 said:

No you are NOT alone on the fascination with Robin's anorexia and facial enhancements (teeth/veneers,cheeks, botox). Take a look at her Instagram posts. She is even thinner than what we see on Dr. Phil episodes. When she turns sideways she disappears! 

I’ve always heard that the TV camera makes a person look about 10 pounds heavier than they really are.  I guess it’s true.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, farmgal4 said:

I’ve always heard that the TV camera makes a person look about 10 pounds heavier than they really are.  I guess it’s true.

I think ANY camera could add to what one really looks like but Robin is SO thin you could blow her over if you sneezed. Yes she's a tiny petite woman, however she is still frail and fragile looking....like an elderly woman. 

• Love 4
On 5/20/2017 at 11:19 AM, Wings said:

A divorce would hurt his show, reputation  and image so I don't think either want that.  

Of course, he's already been divorced once, before Robin, but they keep that really quiet!

• Love 1

Kitcatkitcat, I totally agree with everything in your post. It happens so often with people who become famous for doing something good or productive for society. The money, fame and adulation become so over the top that these people start believing their own publicity. Welcome to Hollywood and NYC. Stay far, far away from both of the locales if you want to have any semblance of normal life.

• Love 3
On 7/10/2018 at 8:04 PM, chenoa333 said:

I think ANY camera could add to what one really looks like but Robin is SO thin you could blow her over if you sneezed. Yes she's a tiny petite woman, however she is still frail and fragile looking....like an elderly woman. 

I saw a repeat show from 2012 last week, and I was shocked at how different Robin looks now.  In 2012 she was attractive and looked to be a healthy weight.  Now she looks like a freak, from head to toe.  I think she must have body dysmorphia.  It’s sad, really, especially considering that 5 days/week she’s part of a show that claims to “help” people with their problems.

• Love 3

Yep. I’m not sure why Phil can’t convince his wife to love herself the way/age she is but obviously, he can’t. Of course, he’s going down hill fast too. I imagine Robin’s grandchildren are shocked and horrified when they go to visit grandma. 

• Love 2

Who is the good looking guy who sits next to Robin during the shows and gazes adoringly at her whenever she speaks?  He looks like he wants to hold her other hand and walk her out at the end of the show.

• Love 1

OMG I found you guys!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love phil but I cannot stand Robin!!! Her face bothers me to no end and I get so sick of him and her promoting her skin care and foundations! Each time they go to her face, I shut my eyes because she bugs me THAT much!!!!!!!!! I am so happy to find my kind of people who feel as I do!!!!!!!!! yay!

• Love 2
On 1/5/2019 at 8:33 PM, glitterqueen said:

OMG I found you guys!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love phil but I cannot stand Robin!!! Her face bothers me to no end and I get so sick of him and her promoting her skin care and foundations! Each time they go to her face, I shut my eyes because she bugs me THAT much!!!!!!!!! I am so happy to find my kind of people who feel as I do!!!!!!!!! yay!

Welcome aboard GLITTERQUEEN to the Robin McGraw Snark Train!! 

• Love 1

Did anyone else see the latest (Monday?) episode with the last 10 minutes of the show dedicated to Robin's skin care line and her latest lipstick collection named after her 5-ish year old grand daughter Avery? Robin is shown painting little Avery's lips with lipstick! Who puts lipstick on a 5 year old? Am I "out of the loop"? Not hip to the current trends for small children? 

If I'm wrong and behind the times please feel free to correct me. But I would NEVER let my child/grandchild who is only 5 or 6 years old, wear lipstick. 

• Love 5
1 minute ago, chenoa333 said:

If I'm wrong and behind the times please feel free to correct me. But I would NEVER let my child/grandchild who is only 5 or 6 years old, wear lipstick. 

I guess that's two of us.   Between SM & "pagents" it's not unusual to see little girls looking like hookers before puberty.

• Love 4
(edited)

My Nana used to give me those little Avon lipstick samples to play with when I was little. Not sure if I ever wore any of it out. I don't see anything wrong with lipstick as long as it's not some bright or bold color like red that would stand out. This pic is just an example of what the samples looked like back then. Do they still come like this? I don't think a kid should be wearing the kind of lipstick that's really shiny and is applied with a wand. I don't even want to think about what Robin is saying to her granddaughters when putting that stuff on them. I don't really see her as someone who would instill a lot of self confidence into them. I mean look at her face and body.

image.png.8258b19464a6cb659daa6de28c561912.png

Edited by Jaded
  • Love 4
10 minutes ago, Jaded said:

There are as of now 5 reviews of Robin's company on Glassdoor (a workplace review site) and 4 of them are as negative as the site allows. Here's one I took a screenshot of.

RM.thumb.JPG.e4c1beeb77db9f3c11686403c13d345c.JPG

I'm not surprised. Robin thinks she's some special, above average woman because she has a non profit womens' domestic violence "charity". And 100% of the profits from Robin's lipstick line, go to "When Georgia Smiles".  I'll bet that's a miniscule profit/donation.

I don't hate Phil (yet) but I do loathe Robin who thinks she's such a special little flower. Hey bitch, how about buying shoes that AREN'T Christian Louibaton (or however he spells his name) and donating to charity, the thousands of dollars you pay for just one pair of your designer shoes. 

We see right through your fake ass self.

• Love 6

Every once in a while, I tune din to see if the topic is something in which I'm interested.  More & more, this "whipped" balloon is handing over the show to the wife.  She has no education or training in most subjects in which she pretends to be an expert.  I cannot STAND her nasal voice, her immoveable face due to waaaaaay too much plastic surgery, and their joint, blatant hawking of crap.  She has a high school education.  Period.  She has her personal camera and mic, and is desperate to be on-camera all the time.  I cannot believe that she apparently wrote a book on how to look good!  She has obviously undergone massive cosmetic surgery, plus dental surgery with teeth that are way too big.  Turned on his show today - and there she is again - onstage, giving advice.  I cannot believe ANYONE would take advice from one whose own family is dysfunctional.  They are both shameless and greedy.  I wonder just what Oprah's opinion is of these two, though I'm not a huge fan of her's, either.  Oprah is another one who sold out big-time to all the hype, but at least she had the good sense to leave her partner, Steadman, off the show.

• Love 3

I don't hate her but have definitely found her to have become a charicature of her former self. I agree that she is not any more knowledgable about what she talks about than the average person other than having possibly talked to experts. If she is on as a guest/co-host, I fast forward or turn off the tv.

• Love 1

I think they tape multiple shows in one day, and probaby don't tape every day so it probably doesn't take as much time as we'd think for her to be there. I wish we could see a show from the very beginning to see if she was there then or appeared at a later time.

On 1/26/2019 at 12:02 AM, parrotfeathers said:

Don't have a genuine opinion on Robin since the only time I see her is on the show.  I just think it is stranger she is at each and ever taping.   It's like a helicopter parent or something.

Apparently Robin does have a "job" on this show. She posted awhile back on Instagram a pic of her (involvement on the show) going over documents related to the upcoming episodes.

Like she's even qualified to contribute her opinion on someone's life crisis. And not only is she involved in the show, her woman's domestic violence charity and her "skin care" line, she also has time to shop for high end clothes, purses, shoes. She NEVER wears the same clothes twice. She seems self absorbed, narcissistic. Just because you donate to some charities doesn't make you a better person.

How much more money could go to a worthy cause if Robin didn't buy Christian Louboutin shoes and costly designer clothes. She is so OTT and not charming or genuine. But she believes she is all that. But I can't stop staring!!!

• Love 6
18 hours ago, sunshine23 said:

I think they tape multiple shows in one day, and probaby don't tape every day so it probably doesn't take as much time as we'd think for her to be there. I wish we could see a show from the very beginning to see if she was there then or appeared at a later time.

I've been to a taping.  As he was walking out from the back, she and her production companion (who always sits right next to her) were coming out from where everyone else enters the studio.  We were all seated, and she didn't have to interact with anyone.  As befits the queen.

• Useful 2
  • Love 5
4 hours ago, AZChristian said:

I've been to a taping.  As he was walking out from the back, she and her production companion (who always sits right next to her) were coming out from where everyone else enters the studio.  We were all seated, and she didn't have to interact with anyone.  As befits the queen.

Of course not. Someone might ask her a compelling question of which she couldn't answer.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
42 minutes ago, chenoa333 said:

Of course not. Someone might ask her a compelling question of which she couldn't answer.

I always get the feeling that as they are walking out, there should be a little thought bubble over her head saying, "Grab Philip's hand.  Now . . . left foot, right foot, left foot, right foot."

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
55 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

I always get the feeling that as they are walking out, there should be a little thought bubble over her head saying, "Grab Philip's hand.  Now . . . left foot, right foot, left foot, right foot."

Hell to the yes on that! Robin is a "bubble brain"! But that's spot on AZChristian.

And let's not forget, every time Robin walks out with her man, she's always yakking/saying something to Phil. I just want to scream at her "STFU"! 

Edited by chenoa333
Smokin' hot Jamaican
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
On 1/27/2019 at 8:30 PM, chenoa333 said:

Apparently Robin does have a "job" on this show. She posted awhile back on Instagram a pic of her (involvement on the show) going over documents related to the upcoming episodes.

Like she's even qualified to contribute her opinion on someone's life crisis. And not only is she involved in the show, her woman's domestic violence charity and her "skin care" line, she also has time to shop for high end clothes, purses, shoes. She NEVER wears the same clothes twice. She seems self absorbed, narcissistic. Just because you donate to some charities doesn't make you a better person.

How much more money could go to a worthy cause if Robin didn't buy Christian Louboutin shoes and costly designer clothes. She is so OTT and not charming or genuine. But she believes she is all that. But I can't stop staring!!!

As vapid as I find her, I'm pretty sure her wardrobe for the show is provided on provided for her by a company.  If you watch the credits it's probably mentioned or she probably shills for them at some point.  I think it's more ridiculous when she starts giving skincare advice in really inappropriate situations.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 7
On 1/28/2019 at 1:16 PM, minamreeka said:

'm pretty sure her wardrobe for the show is provided on provided for her by a company. 

You're probably right about her "on stage" wardrobe being gifted. I was referring to the clothes/shoes I see her wearing in her Instagram pics, many of which are not photos from the show. They're family pics, b-days, anniversary, valentines day and any other friggin day of the year in Robin's "Life of the Rich & Famous"

On ‎2019‎-‎01‎-‎28 at 2:16 PM, minamreeka said:

I think it's more ridiculous when she starts giving skincare advice in really inappropriate situations.

I remember her shilling right after a horrendous & explicit battered wife episode, as if a fake smile and some overpriced makeup would help the victim turn her life around. 

Edited by deirdra
  • Love 6

I can remember several shows of horrifying subjects when the last 10 minutes were swallowed up by promotions of her skincare line. I couldn’t believe my eyes and ears. Talk about being tone deaf! And what idiot thought of the names of these products?!

• Love 5
On 1/27/2019 at 11:45 AM, AZChristian said:

I'm not surprised by this at all. She is above everyone else. When he says "Right Robin?" and she nods her head she reminds me of one of those dog bobbleheads people used to put in their cars when I was a kid. When I said "the beginning", I meant when the show first began. Did she always go to tapings or did she decided she wanted 15 minutes of fame later on? Whenever she starts shilling something, the term "Georgia Smiles" gets thrown out, or she is on as a co-host, I delete that day's recording.

No disrespect to Marlo Thomas who I've always loved, but Robin always reminds me of "That Girl" when she and Phil leave the studio.

11 hours ago, chenoa333 said:

You're probably right about her "on stage" wardrobe being gifted. I was referring to the clothes/shoes I see her wearing in her Instagram pics, many of which are not photos from the show. They're family pics, b-days, anniversary, valentines day and any other friggin day of the year in Robin's "Life of the Rich & Famous"

I saw an article about how "she" decorated the house for Christmas (read paid too much money to have someone else turn her house into a tacky display) with a lifesized gingerbread house. Seriously? Does anyone really think she would lift a perfectly manicured finger?

• Love 5
1 hour ago, sunshine23 said:

When I said "the beginning", I meant when the show first began. Did she always go to tapings or did she decided she wanted 15 minutes of fame later on?

I had heard this story before, and found an answer to your question, from Dr. Phil's own lips:

“People have wondered a million times why I walk Robin off the stage every time and how that came about,” says Dr. Phil. “There’s no big story. We were actually doing the first show ever and they asked me, ‘How are you going to get off stage? Well, why don’t you walk down there and turn right?’ And I did. And Robin was sitting right there. I walked by and it seemed totally unnatural that I would walk past my wife like I don’t even know her and leave!”

So he spontaneously took her by the hand as he walked out, and the rest is history.

• Love 4
8 hours ago, AZChristian said:

I had heard this story before, and found an answer to your question, from Dr. Phil's own lips:

“People have wondered a million times why I walk Robin off the stage every time and how that came about,” says Dr. Phil. “There’s no big story. We were actually doing the first show ever and they asked me, ‘How are you going to get off stage? Well, why don’t you walk down there and turn right?’ And I did. And Robin was sitting right there. I walked by and it seemed totally unnatural that I would walk past my wife like I don’t even know her and leave!”

So he spontaneously took her by the hand as he walked out, and the rest is history.

Thanks. Can't fault him, or her, for being a dedicated spouse.

• Love 3

I’m fine with them walking out together. It’s the blatant promotion of her skincare line with her questionable claims and her denial of any kind of plastic surgery intervention that I object to especially when they do it on a show with grieving families or horrible subject matter. How about some sensitivity? As soon as Shill says anything about this “mom” who puts everyone else first/is going to a reunion/has gotten a divorce etc, I immediately change the channel.

• Love 10
(edited)

Here's a 25 minute YT show by a man talking about it all. There are some graphic scenes and photos so I'm issuing a warning for the squeamish. If you don't want to watch the entire video just scroll through and read each time one of those white boxes pop up. If you take a look you'll know what I mean. At the 15:00 point in the video there's a recording of the voicemail from a PR person that's been included in the flagged and removed videos I mentioned at the start of this post. If you watch for a bit after the voicemail he discusses how the prosthetic nose the PR person mentions that was done for "free" wasn't that at all. A claim was put through on the woman's insurance and she paid the balance.

The dentist The Doctors allowed to come on the show to offer help isn't even trained to to what needs to be done and tried to license the work out. Any mention of the woman appearing on the show has been removed from their social media. 

Edited by Jaded
On 2/1/2019 at 2:12 PM, Jaded said:

Here's a 25 minute YT show by a man talking about it all. There are some graphic scenes and photos so I'm issuing a warning for the squeamish. If you don't want to watch the entire video just scroll through and read each time one of those white boxes pop up. If you take a look you'll know what I mean. At the 15:00 point in the video there's a recording of the voicemail from a PR person that's been included in the flagged and removed videos I mentioned at the start of this post. If you watch for a bit after the voicemail he discusses how the prosthetic nose the PR person mentions that was done for "free" wasn't that at all. A claim was put through on the woman's insurance and she paid the balance.

The dentist The Doctors allowed to come on the show to offer help isn't even trained to to what needs to be done and tried to license the work out. Any mention of the woman appearing on the show has been removed from their social media. 

How did this NOT become a top story on TMZ, People Magazine, etc.? 

Thanks for posting that video Jaded.

• Love 2

Sorry that I don't know how to post pics from Instagram on PT. However, for a good laugh, check out Robin's Instagram pic of her (and Phil) on their way to the Super Bowl. Robin's veneers are HUGE! I've seen donkeys with smaller teeth! 

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
On 1/30/2019 at 4:19 AM, sunshine23 said:

I saw an article about how "she" decorated the house for Christmas (read paid too much money to have someone else turn her house into a tacky display) with a lifesized gingerbread house. Seriously? Does anyone really think she would lift a perfectly manicured finger?

I know. The excess in this episode was appalling. I couldn't even watch it all.  I thought the whole thing was hideous and indicative of the Gilded Age in which we are living.

• Love 6
On 2/18/2019 at 8:30 AM, Gam2 said:

Why are her eyes so squinty? And lately, her lips are looking wonky. Is her face melting?

I think she's past the point of no return! Even "Botched's" Dr. Dubrow can't fix that face. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

These posers are trying to take over the planet. Retire and enjoy your trillions, Shill and Robin. And leave us the hell alone with our fat bodies, bad skin, dysfunctional families and drug addicted selves. Ugh.

• LOL 4
  • Love 6