Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E07: San Francisco

Tara Ariano

I feel like this show has spent too much time on characters I don't care about, like the publicist and her assistant, the new catcher or some random chick at a party in LA. I want more about Ginny and Mike. The show is starting to lose me a little bit.

On 11/17/2016 at 6:41 PM, topanga said:

Thanks. but his waist did look different between the time of the ice bath and the photo. Were working out and starving enough? Dieter's tea, maybe?

And the angle. He's twisted, not straight in. That will shave off inches.

• Love 2

And the angle. He's twisted, not straight in.

This. Look at his hips—we're seeing his waist completely from the side and his chest straight on, which is creating the appearance of that Dorito shape.

• Love 1
On 11/12/2016 at 11:20 AM, DearEvette said:

I am enjoying the evolution of Oscar as character.  In the pilot he just came off as a slick operator.  Now he seems more like the GM.

You know, in the pilot, I vaguely felt he was being smarmy for the sake of a joke and just getting it over with, almost like he expected her to think he'd hit on her, so he did, smarmily, then went about his business.

During the trade negotiations and especially during his ranty rants, he's fair, level-headed, and makes complete sense. His rant at Ginny was like, YOU AREN'T SPECIAL, which is exactly what she wanted and needed to hear.

Is Ginny in the general locker room yet or does she still have her own little janitorial cubby? Because she really needs to move into the locker room now (especially after the photo spread). I think Livan is supposed to be Ginny's foil. He comes in like a jackass and suddenly everybody's all about the OTHER rookie (gender irrelevant) because that one's always been a team player.

On 11/13/2016 at 9:35 PM, Raja said:

Should the tie remain for an extended period baseball is like soccer and once a person leaves the game he can not return.

So the Royals are in the AL, which has designated hitters. In one game this past season, we were getting creamed. We ran out of pitchers in the 9th inning, IIRC. Once you run out of pitchers, then what do you do? Grab somebody who is not a pitcher, like...our backup catcher Drew Butera. THEN he hit a double. Yeah, we got creamed. But it was worth it to see Butera pitch.

Re the coach-dad:

Someone upthread said they expected it to go the molester route and I did, too, so I was surprised. Then it was clear mom's scamming the coach, but I thought she was a grifter, too, and that was just a thing she did. I'm all *sad sigh* over the coach because he looks so helpless to help Mike. THEN she says that's his father and I immediately assumed the mother was an ex. Mr. Mojeaux said, "No, he had a fling with the mom and he doesn't want his family to know he has a kid on the side." Then all my sympathy for the dad-coach went up in smoke and I'm like, "I'D SCAM YOU TOO, YOU DICK!" Crap, I'd have told the wife just because he wasn't paying her any support unless she scammed him for it.

Unpopular opinion: I like flashbacks.

• Love 3