Type keyword(s) to search

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Rewatching the last episode. This is Mista's inner monologue as he tries to get the drop on Secco: "I should be able to see him the second he tries to get me. Then it's murder time, baby!"

People who prefer subs over dubs might have a point with that bit. Just the way Mista says the line, it's like he's got a warehouse full of "IT'S MURDER TIME, BABY!" t-shirts waiting to get sold.

27 minutes ago, lathspel said:

(Funny hoe my auto correct is lousy with basic words but can easily predict “Polnareff”.)

You're right. Hoe about that!

I'll have to rewatch the episode . . . saw it "live" on Saturday. Giorno's trashing of Cioccolata was based off seven pages of "MUDA!" from the manga. If Gold Experience's beatdown wasn't the most epic pummeling in the history of the franchise, it does beat Jotaro and Star Platinum annihilating Steely Dan in Stardust Crusaders. Poor Secco . .  .when he finds out his sugar cube daddy got killed (I'm assuming), he is gonna lose his mind. Well, what's left of it.

42 minutes ago, lathspel said:

I think it was the very last scene.  But, am I misremembering?  I thought Polnareff was dead?  He even got the cloud send off and everything.  

Nope . . . he was the only surviving hero from Stardust Crusaders that was not a Joestar. That was a pity, since I would've taken Kakioyin or Avdol over him. Or Iggy. Polnareff was a putz.

Polnareff lives! Not very well, though. I know the guy has fans, but he's still a putz that got Avdol and Iggy killed, among other things.

Secco fell into the same garbage truck as Cioccolata. That was funny.

I went to a small comic/anime/whatever-themed show today. All outdoors, most of the people  smart enough to be wearing masks. I met this artist, and she sketched Abbacchio & Moody Blues in my book for a reasonable price.

1797341626_abbacchiomoodyblues.thumb.jpg.5e1370ffc660a32f0576c3ecff33ee97.jpg

I've been getting commissions on blank comic book covers, so anime stuff isn't an option for me since I'm a traditionalist. The only Stand User in the main group that I'm lacking is Fugo/Purple Haze. I printed out a few references for Ghiaccio because I like body armor-based stands. I'll probably do the same for Secco, even if he's a glorified gimp.

Checking in to see if anyone is watching.

Polnareff lives! Wait, he's dead. Nope, his Silver Chariot has now "Jojovolved" into Chariot Requiem (think of the "Digivolve" transitions from Digimon), and now Polnareff is the turtle. Chariot Requiem has gone "Freaky Venerdi" on Rome, swapping minds around. Why? Reasons, I guess. Apparently, that's what happens when you stick Silver Chariot with the Stand Arrow. That's why Giorno and Narancia have switched bodies, as well as Trish and Mista. Comedy ensues!

Oh, and the credits get tweaked thanks to Diavolo. Here they are in case you missed the episode. Watch for the subtitles!

Edited by Lantern7

Trish and Mista:  comedy gold.  
Glad we still get one more ep of Polnareff, although he doesn’t sound very good. 

For some reason I thought they would also have swapped stands just to make it more complicated, but that didn’t happen. 

Edited by lathspel

Am I weird in wanting someone to make a tiny replica of Polnareff's hair and attach it to his turtle head?

This week: Giorno dies! Actually, Narancia gets impaled while in Girorno's body, and his soul leaves before Giorno can repair the damage. After that, we have two comedies: Chariot Requiem stumbling around aimlessly, and the gang (including Bucciarati in Diavolo's body) trying to retrieve the arrow, only for their Stands to turn on them. High point: Sex Pistol #1 kicking Mista in Trish's face, while his brothers try to snap him out of it.

Another "Am I weird" question: does anyone else see Diavolo's hair and think "watermelon"? It's the color and the dots that resemble pits.

Edited by Lantern7
On 9/27/2020 at 1:25 AM, Lantern7 said:

Am I weird in wanting someone to make a tiny replica of Polnareff's hair and attach it to his turtle head?

Now that you mentioned it, I really want them to do that.  Poor Narancia.  That's what happens when you start talking about the future.  

So was it ever explained why Silver Chariot Requiem was so destructive to life, while Golden Wind Requiem is apparently under control?  I don’t really get it - is it implying that Polnareff wasn’t worthy?

On 10/16/2020 at 8:10 AM, lathspel said:

So was it ever explained why Silver Chariot Requiem was so destructive to life, while Golden Wind Requiem is apparently under control?  I don’t really get it - is it implying that Polnareff wasn’t worthy?

I have no clue. Maybe because Giorno was healthy enough for GER to be coherent?

Season finale airs tonight. One good thing is that I can share all the videos that include Golden Wind and its spoilers. Like these interpretations of the “Traitor’s Requiem” credits, for instance.

Edited by Lantern7
  • Love 1

The last episode was pretty much an unnecessary coda to what could have been made a decent ending in the previous episode (which I missed because my DVR decided it would only record Assassination Classroom that night - I had to go to a JoJo wiki to get caught up)

So, is Giorno going to give us a kinder, gentler Mafia with street hoodlums helping little old ladies cross the street, opening halfway houses for wayward girls, and bribing police and politicians to actually do their jobs? Are we getting an Italian version of Sanctuary, only with highly idiosyncratic psychic powers?

Overall, I thought this series was a bit of a letdown from the wild goofiness of Diamond is Unbreakable but some of that may be due to my dislike of the glamorization/romanticization of organized crime.

• Love 1

They must have been contracted for 39 episodes, but only had enough material for 38. Hence the flashback that explained Bucciarati was doomed from the beginning. Not sure how Giorno ended up as the Big Boss, he was just a newbie and why none of the lieutenants took over. Only stand users are eligible? Maybe they were overawed by a talking turtle. I also fanwank he and Trish end up married.

No more on deck because Stone Ocean, the next chapter, has not been animated.

Team Four Star wraps up their take on “Stardust Crusaders” . . .

. . . and Jonathan Joestar will be fighting Tanjiro next week in Death Battle. Here’s his preview:

ETA: Here’s DIO vs. Alucard from last October. DIO’s dub VA reprised his role!

Edited by Lantern7