Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
Stinger97

The Challenge in the Media: "The road to [fame] is straight and narrow."

Recommended Posts


I can't tell you how long I looked at that picture of Cam and LeRoy before I figured out there was coincidentally a woman walking by outside who's leg mirrored Cam's.

  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post
13 hours ago, MVFrostsMyPie said:

Isn't that just a reflection of Kam's leg? It looks exactly like her leg, and the shoe is the same.

After looking at the picture, I think you could be right.  But by the same token I am not sure because neither of them are reflected anywhere else.  I feel like a fool for not being able to figure it out.

Share this post


Link to post

Now I don't know either.  I was confused at first because I thought Reflection Leg was wearing like a leopard spot boot.  But now I think that's how everything in the reflection is, kind of mottled?  But why isn't anything else reflected?  I'm so confused!

  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post

28 minutes ago, falltime said:

Premiering Wednesday, April 1 at 8/7c

 

giphy.gif

Also happy that no one can make a final unless they win an elimination. About damn time.  It will be interesting to see how that plays out.  

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post

Individual season so not teams/pairs.

Returning cast - Veterans 

Ashley Mitchel,

Aneesa Ferreira 

Cory Wharton

CT Tamburello 

Dee Nguyen

Kyle Christie 

Johnny “Bananas” Devenanzio 

Jenna Compono

Jennifer West

Josh Martinez

Jordan Wisely

Kailah Casillas

Mattie Breaux

Melissa Reeves

Nelson Thomas

Nany Gonzalez 

Rogan O’Connor

Stephen Bear

Tori Deal

Tula “Big T” Fazakerley

Wes Bergmann 

New cast - Rookies

Asaf Goren – “Big Brother Israel,” “So You Think You Can Dance”

Bayleigh Dayton – “Big Brother”

Christopher Jordan “Swaggy C” Williams – “Big Brother”

Kaycee Clark – “Big Brother”

Faysal Shawn “Fessy” Shafaat – “Big Brother,”  “American Ninja Warrior”

Jay Starrett – “Survivor”

Jennifer Lee – “Amazing Race”

https://www.ibtimes.com/mtv-challenge-season-35-cast-members-premiere-date-teaser-trailer-total-madness-2933839

 

 

Share this post


Link to post

I saw this commercials of Cory on that awful Teen Mom show.

Looks like he knocked up Cheyenne who was on the Challenge and he's telling her he got someone else pregnant?

But he's got time to do another Challenge?

Oh I guess he's got to provide for his baby mommas?  Those other MTV shows aren't paying him enough?

  • Like 2
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post
On 3/5/2020 at 10:31 PM, scrb said:

I saw this commercials of Cory on that awful Teen Mom show.

Looks like he knocked up Cheyenne who was on the Challenge and he's telling her he got someone else pregnant?

But he's got time to do another Challenge?

Oh I guess he's got to provide for his baby mommas?  Those other MTV shows aren't paying him enough?

It worked for Tony, maybe Cory is just following his example.

  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post

@Lantern7 (or anybody else) know if the COVID-19 outbreak has delayed filming for Challenge 36? I thought they traditionally left in March, similar to Survivor.

If Survivor can't film, I cannot imagine this show still can -- for the same reasons as Survivor, that you'd have to quarantine the crew before they left.

Share this post


Link to post
25 minutes ago, Eolivet said:

@Lantern7 (or anybody else) know if the COVID-19 outbreak has delayed filming for Challenge 36? I thought they traditionally left in March, similar to Survivor.

If Survivor can't film, I cannot imagine this show still can -- for the same reasons as Survivor, that you'd have to quarantine the crew before they left.

They're running promos for the new season to start airing on April 1.

So by now, all filming has been done and if there's anything remaining to do, it's all post-production at this point.

 

Now future seasons, if they were planning to air the next Challenge after this upcoming one like later this year, that may be affected.

Share this post


Link to post
On 3/4/2020 at 8:48 PM, luckyroll3 said:

giphy.gif

Also happy that no one can make a final unless they win an elimination. About damn time.  It will be interesting to see how that plays out.  

Finally! I hope that they actually stick to that and there isn't some weird loop hole. I'm so tired of seeing people get to a final without an elimination. 

Share this post


Link to post

1 hour ago, MaggieG said:

Finally! I hope that they actually stick to that and there isn't some weird loop hole. I'm so tired of seeing people get to a final without an elimination. 

They did this a few years ago. i cant remember which one but I didn't really like it. I hope that just because a team has won doesn't mean they cant get put in again.

Share this post


Link to post

@xfuse I don't remember them doing that. To be fair, some of these seasons are blurring together though. I was just thinking about Cara and Paulie last season when they completely skated through. Would have loved to see them both throw fits about having to go into an elimination. Sadly (or luckily for us) they are sitting this one out.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Does anyone here remember Television Without Pity? Remember when I used to hold "Rumbles," which were basically "March Madness"-style tournaments? Well, ChallengeMania is doing it now. Two tourneys for both sexes, 64 Challengers apiece.

 

Share this post


Link to post
On 3/16/2020 at 2:03 PM, xfuse said:

They did this a few years ago. i cant remember which one but I didn't really like it. I hope that just because a team has won doesn't mean they cant get put in again.

I think they did something like in the Island and during the oasis portion of Invasions. But with the latter, winning the daily challenge was also an option. 

Share this post


Link to post
On 3/18/2020 at 11:47 AM, Lantern7 said:

Breaking: MTV shows off full-on trailer of the new season.

 

Nice beard, Wes XD

Share this post


Link to post

Random question:  what's it called on the show when the challengers enter into romantic relationships to help them advance in the show?  Is it polidicking or politidicking?  Literally asking for a friend.  Lol!

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, luckyroll3 said:

Random question:  what's it called on the show when the challengers enter into romantic relationships to help them advance in the show?  Is it polidicking or politidicking?  Literally asking for a friend.  Lol!

I thought they were saying polidicking.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
44 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

I thought they were saying polidicking.

That's what I thought it was.  Thanks!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

My sister and I started a Challenge Podcast, The Challenge Read, and we're recapping this season.  Check it out!  And if any of you want to join us as a guest to talk shit about this ridiculous show, holler at me! 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

2 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

Dammit, I don't need him invading another show I enjoy watching!

I feel like I should go back and watch some old seasons. I just started watching a couple of seasons ago* and he hasn't really done anything to earn his db deluxe reputation. 

* I started watching because my favorite Floribama Shore guy was cast. Just in case y'all needed to feel better about your life decisions. 😂 

Anyway, I'll enjoy seeing Johnny on Worst Cooks. I hope he pops off at Chef Anne; that's a (verbal) beatdown for the ages. 

Share this post


Link to post
12 hours ago, IndyMischa said:

I hope he pops off at Chef Anne; that's a (verbal) beatdown for the ages. 

I don't hate this idea.

I loved Johnny in Real World Key West and probably his first Challenges but somewhere along the line he turned into such a shit stain lol. Maybe around when him/Evan/Kenny were buddies. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
9 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

I don't hate this idea.

I loved Johnny in Real World Key West and probably his first Challenges but somewhere along the line he turned into such a shit stain lol. Maybe around when him/Evan/Kenny were buddies. 

The Island was his heel turn, I believe. It was actually jarring because he came across so differently. Not coincidentally, it was also the first season he won (Kenny was also on the winning team, but Evan wasn't on that season. The first time all three of those fools were on together for any length of time was the Ruins. And yes, I had to look all this up.)

Edited by tracyscott76
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, tracyscott76 said:

The Island was his heel turn, I believe. It was actually jarring because he came across so differently. Not coincidentally, it was also the first season he won (Kenny was also on the winning team, but Evan wasn't on that season. The first time all three of those fools were on together for any length of time was the Ruins. And yes, I had to look all this up.)

Thank you, I've put these two seasons on the watch list!

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, IndyMischa said:

Thank you, I've put these two seasons on the watch list!

Don't thank me yet lol, those are pretty grim seasons.

  • Like 2
  • Laugh 3

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, tracyscott76 said:

Don't thank me yet lol, those are pretty grim seasons.

I'm furloughed for another month, and am fully stocked with wine. The bigger the shitshow, the better.

  • Laugh 4

Share this post


Link to post

On 4/29/2020 at 7:56 PM, IndyMischa said:

I feel like I should go back and watch some old seasons. I just started watching a couple of seasons ago* and he hasn't really done anything to earn his db deluxe reputation. 

* I started watching because my favorite Floribama Shore guy was cast. Just in case y'all needed to feel better about your life decisions. 😂 

Anyway, I'll enjoy seeing Johnny on Worst Cooks. I hope he pops off at Chef Anne; that's a (verbal) beatdown for the ages. 

Omg I hope he is on Anne's team and she rips him a new one. 

  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post

Jay's out of contention, but his legend grows. Here is his Purgatory win against CT, as told through Animal Crossing:

 

 

  • Laugh 4

Share this post


Link to post

Jordan was on tonight's episode of The Blacklist.

Share this post


Link to post
13 hours ago, BK1978 said:

Jordan was on tonight's episode of The Blacklist.

Did he get killed off?

  • Laugh 3
  • Surprise 1

Share this post


Link to post

10 hours ago, lilabennet said:

Did he get killed off?

Yes he did, I believe he was shot in the stomach.  I was not looking at the screen when it happened, but I saw him lying dead with a gunshot wound in that area.

Share this post


Link to post
On 5/8/2020 at 2:09 AM, Lantern7 said:

Here is his Purgatory win against CT, as told through Animal Crossing:

I find it ironic that Animal Crossing depicted the exact opposite of what happened. Had that been CT's strategy (pile numerous heavy boulders in front of the bunker) instead of getting too cute by a half with the knots, I believe this challenge would've gone exactly the way everyone expected.

But oh my goodness, I love this. Jay's red skull on his beanie. Bear with a literal bear hat! Josh crying for no reason! Genius. Thanks for posting.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Who is the guy beside Kailah? I can't figure it out!

I would (sadly) watch this but you have to pay so I (thankfully) won't lol.

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

Who is the guy beside Kailah? I can't figure it out!

I went and watched the trailer and I still don't know who he is.

  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

Who is the guy beside Kailah? I can't figure it out!

I would (sadly) watch this but you have to pay so I (thankfully) won't lol.

That is Sam Bird, Kailah's new boyfriend.  He was on Love Island in the UK and most recently on Ex on the Beach: Peak of Love here in the US (Georgia's ex, they met while competing on Love Island).

  • Like 2
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post
On 5/13/2020 at 4:33 PM, Decider said:

That is Sam Bird, Kailah's new boyfriend.  He was on Love Island in the UK and most recently on Ex on the Beach: Peak of Love here in the US (Georgia's ex, they met while competing on Love Island).

These people all sleep with the same people.  Do they not meet people outside of the Challenge/Love Island/Are You The One?

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

I haven't watched yet (have to find it online) but for some reason I assume Bananas would be a good cook. And yes, I assume Chef Anne rips him a new one.

Share this post


Link to post

This shouldn't take long, he's already cursing, jumping over tables and making drinks instead of cooking. Also he and Dave Coulier and not going to get along.

  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Customize font-size