Type keyword(s) to search

S33.E08: I'm The Kingpin

Tara Ariano
  • Start Topic

It always strikes me odd that only one person goes idol hunting for the most part. You would think by now that just about everyone when the time is right is out looking for an idol cause so far only Jay, Adam, & David have gone idol hunting. Everyone else is just sitting about.

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, ShadowSixx said:

It always strikes me odd that only one person goes idol hunting for the most part. You would think by now that just about everyone when the time is right is out looking for an idol cause so far only Jay, Adam, & David have gone idol hunting. Everyone else is just sitting about.

That's editing. They only show the person the finds the idol/advantage not the people that don't find it.

• Love 7
Just now, ShadowSixx said:

What LanceM just said.  They all look.  And for hours.  No point of putting it on the show though if nothing comes of it.

Just like tribal councils last at least a couple of hours but we don't see all of them either.  No point.  Editors find the footage needed to tell the story and tell it within a very short 43 minutes each episode. 

You don't waste those few minutes on idol searches that go nowhere or questions Probst asks that had nothing to do with the storyline for an episode and/or didn't get some sort of interesting or entertaining response.

Edited by green
  • Love 5

I thought Zack and Chris were best buds after Zack fanboyed over Chris being an Oklahoma football player.  Or is he just jealous that Chris has other bros?

No, Adam, that would be a way to put a target on your back by stealing somebody else's award.

Wow, Taylor, way to be an asshole  food thief.

And damn, Adam why would you tell Taylor about your advantage?  That was so stupid!

Taylor says don't tell Will that Adam wants him out then immediately goes and tells Will.

Did they adjust the heights of those bars in the challenge to compensate for their heights?

Congratulations to Will.

"Information leaks".  Yeah, Taylor, from you.

Taylor is such a dumb jock bro.

Boy, Hannah didn't waste any time writing a name down.

Jeez, Adam, play your idol. He lucked out it wasn't him.  Zeke was on the verge of voting for him.

Taylor is an asshole.

• Love 3

I thought there was something brewing in that scene of Michelle questioning why Adam had to be targeted immediately....like she was going to go off and arrange some alternate boot that would've spared Adam, eliminated a Gen-X threat, kept her in the game (though she was obviously surprised to be on the block at all) and kept her alliance strong.  Unfortunately, it was just "target Adam?  That seems dumb.  Oh well, never mind!"

• Love 3

I knew that it would be Jay that would say "I'm the Kingpin".   I wish they had decided to take out either Jay or Taylor.  The two of them are so smug and arrogant.  There was no way they would play an idol, they were so arrogantly sure that all of the Millenials would vote with them to vote out Adam.

I'm not liking Will either.  It was really obvious that he would win immunity... the editors need to do a better job.  As soon as he said in a confessional that he needed it, it was obvious.   I don't like his association with Jay and Taylor.  And I hate his stupid hair.  

Too bad for Michelle, but oh well.

I'd like to see Ken, Jessica, Chris, Adam or David win.  I'm indifferent to Hannah, Brett, Sunday and Zeke.  I would be ok if anyone except Will, Taylor or Jay won.

• Love 11
30 minutes ago, Trick Question said:

I thought there was something brewing in that scene of Michelle questioning why Adam had to be targeted immediately....like she was going to go off and arrange some alternate boot that would've spared Adam, eliminated a Gen-X threat, kept her in the game (though she was obviously surprised to be on the block at all) and kept her alliance strong.  Unfortunately, it was just "target Adam?  That seems dumb.  Oh well, never mind!"

Yeah, after what Michelle did with the Mari vote I had high hopes for her being a power player, but she didn't really do much to follow up on that. She got kind of screwed by the swap and then ended up labeled the weakest person in her alliance (who couldn't have an idol).

I still can't tell all the millennial guys apart.

Edited by KaveDweller
  • Love 1
7 minutes ago, KaveDweller said:

Yeah, after what Michelle did with the Mari vote I had high hopes for her being a power player, but she didn't really do much to follow up on that. She got kind of screwed by the swap and then ended up labeled the weakest person in her alliance (who couldn't have an idol).

I still can't tell all the millennial guys apart.

Which actually goes against what they have been saying in secret scenes, specifically Zeke who called her the leader and most powerful person on the millennial tribe but since she is the merge boot we hear none of that. Michaela specifically mentioned in he exit interviews that Michelle was her next target  at the merge precisely because she had control over the other millennials (Jay, Will, Taylor and Hannah).

• Love 5
3 hours ago, cleo said:

18 is actually an adult, at least in Canada (I'm Canadian) and I thought most states  as well.

But it's pretty harmless,. He just seems so much more likeable than Taylor and Jay. Clearly his mom did do a good job.

He is EMINENTLY more likable than Taylor and Jay. And seems more mature in some ways. I believe an adult is 21 in the States? Or is that just the drinking age? (I'd like to know the exact reasoning as to how you can vote before you can drink, heh heh). It is 18 in Canada (I'm Canadian too :)

ETA: And I'm wondering how many people who were old enough to vote last night wish they were also old enough to drink right now ;)

Edited by PerfidiousAmber
  • Love 7
4 minutes ago, PerfidiousAmber said:

He is EMINENTLY more likable than Taylor and Jay. And seems more mature in some ways. I believe an adult is 21 in the States? It is 18 in Canada (I'm Canadian too :)

isn' it 19 (depending on which province you live in or is that drinking?). it's late. I'm tired. LOL

I have to wonder - what the hell with the verbal diahreea, Adam! Jeeze. WHY ARE YOU TELLING TAYLOR YOUR SECRETS. Like the hell?  Though honestly the moment Brett said that he heard Taylor stealing food but didn't say anything i would have voted off. Like  - the man is eating the food for everyone. That is not the moment to shut up and let someone be the goat (it's like Ethan standing there watching Jerri and Rupert fight about digging a flipping bomb shelter on the beach and he's all "Oh yah, I totally know this is bad but I'm going to sit here and let Jerri take the heat for it." yah. but you suffer too, you idiot.). 

• Love 8
5 minutes ago, Daisy said:

isn' it 19 (depending on which province you live in or is that drinking?). it's late. I'm tired. LOL

Yes, that's drinking, and yes, you're right. In most of the provinces the legal drinking age is 19 (one of them being where I grew up and you can bet your ass I didn't wait till 19 ha ha). In three provinces including Alberta, where I live now, the legal drinking age is 18. The legal adult age is 18 across the country however, same as the States - I had a little bit of a brain fog confusing that with your legal drinking age.

I was one of the people who thought that Hannah wanted to sit at the cool kids' table when she let Michelle sway her into voting out Mari. Well, I thought it was hilarious that Hannah was the one to point out that Adam was campaigning to be with the cool guys! So fitting, so true of Adam, and I'm happily eating crow for having the wrong impression of Hannah :)

I mean, what was going through Adam's head when he went back to work with Taylor AFTER knowing that Taylor had already exposed his Will plan?! Talk about not being able to read a room! Adam, newsflash: Taylor has never been on your side. You were left out of the Mari vote, then only tolerated so much as you could benefit FigTayls, and when you screwed Taylor over by voting out Figgy, you correctly guessed that Taylor wanted nothing to do with you! 

(I think that Adam looks like Trey Songz's vanilla twin, don't ask me why! And Will makes me think of Macaulay Culkin and Eric Olsen at the same time.)

I hate Survivor Taylor. Maybe he's an okay guy in real life, but in the game he ate everybody's food and showed absolutely no remorse -actually thought that it was cute behavior. If I could've put my fist through the screen, I would've gone Poltergeist on that brain-dead smile of his. Everything about Taylor seriously bugs me from episode 1.

Did production have something against Michelle? I agree with the comment which pointed out that Michelle had the weirdest edit maybe of the season so far. I thought they were foreshadowing some serious game play from Michelle coming up! David and Zeke called her highly untrustworthy when we never really saw her do anything to prove that was the case. Why the hell did we have to watch her grin and bear a fart symphony?? Just disrespectful when I'm sure that some interesting footage of Michelle was left on the cutting room floor. But this point just leads me to...

The editing of women all throughout this season so far. Absolutely terrible! We still don't know a daggum thing about Sunday, and Jessica might almost as well not be playing. Cece was only ever shown moping about being on the bottom -and the one time she felt like she wasn't going home, she went home. Figgy was edited to be a flighty cheerleader with no other purpose in the game but to make out with Taylor - whether that was accurate or not, it's telling that "Barbie" got the most screentime in season where it's all about the popular guys and macho men! I continue to weep for my girl Michaela, who would've been a stage prop if not for her challenge prowess. Mari was wronged, and I'm having a hard time remembering the other 2 women's names. Thanks show!

Compared to how many David confessionals today? I think Bret got at least 4, when he wasn't even integral to this episode's story. Chris got 1 or 2. The camera followed Zeke and Jay around a lot. Taylor and Will had confessionals, which is understandable. But I'm guessing since Ken hasnt been featured or heard much in a while, he's going to be snuffed soon. 

• Love 11

Nothing worse than an arrogant fool.  Taylor is an insult to his generation.  If they tell me Jay is charismatic I'll believe they see him. I just see a little bit smarter kind of arrogant. What's the betting on which woman will go home next week, Jessica or Hannah.  I like them both. After their gone the dude bros can form a circular firing squad and I hope Taylor goes first.  Ken is still the best looking one out there, and smart too.  I'm gonna miss Hannah and Jessica who completely upended my first impressions

• Love 7
3 hours ago, LadyChatts said:

Really surprised Michelle went over Jay and Taylor.

I was surprised as well and actually had to rewind to their vote-off strategy session to see what the hell I missed. It appeared there was concern that Jay might have an idol (although it was true I'm not sure how they arrived at that conclusion), and that as he and Taylor were obviously tight he may have given it to him at tribal. It was David that brought up Michelle as the most logical candidate for the next boot. The next bit was them all seemingly waffling over who to boot and Zeke freaking out a bit over that. Obviously a red herring, as  they came together as a whole for the unanimous Michelle boot. It did look though like there were different opinions, i.e. Ken, as to who to boot off, so it seemed really chaotic at the time, and I was wondering at tribal why Adam didn't play his idol! (By the way he is now officially more weaselly (and eminently more unlikable) than David.)

At first, I didn't get the Michelle logic at all. Jay and Taylor wanted Adam gone. If they knew Michelle (one of their key alliance members) was getting voted off instead, why wouldn't they use the idol for her? David used his for Jess.

Then I realized that David is a brilliant chess player. He was separating Zeke (and also Hannah) from the millennial alliance to be part of his coalition. If Jay or Taylor had gone instead, Michelle might have convinced Will, Hannah, Zeke, and Adam to side with her over David. Factor in Zeke's ties to Chris and Chris's ties to Bret and Sunday, and David would've been on the outs again.

• Love 10

I finally realized while watching Tribal Council that I couldn't stand Michelle from the get-go because she looks an awful lot like an ex-co-worker from 30 years ago or so whom I could not stand. 

How did they manage to stand there for 90 minutes?  I can't even. 

• Love 9
54 minutes ago, PerfidiousAmber said:

Oh, and I'm back to my utter disgust for Taylor. Petty thievery, selfishness,  arrogance, hubris, telling Jay not to tell Will and then telling Will, and I could go on but I don't even want to think about that self-centred little brat.

Douche, moron, simpleton. All of the above. Utter waste of a spot on what's turning into a decent season. Fingers crossed he gets medevac'd.

• Love 5

I don't want to say I like Taylor but I appreciate what's he bringing to the show as a character. I mean he was part of the most upfront romance that I can remember on Survivor. His frenemies dynamic with Adam is hilarious. And the fact that he would not only steal food but admit it at tribal council with a shit-eating grin on his face? Well, I found it entertaining.

I just don't think this cast has that much personality and I'm sorta of grateful for anybody who stands out. By the same token, I started to like Adam tonight when I realized he's a giant fucking mess.  

• Love 6
6 hours ago, RedheadZombie said:

Zeke mentioned Taylor, then David stated he feared Taylor had an idol.  Zeke (I think) said it's probably Jay with the idol.  David thought Jay could possibly share his idol with Taylor, but wouldn't share with Michelle.  So it was David who suggested Michelle.

Thank you! I thought I was paying more attention than I usually do but I got to the result and was so lost. 

3 hours ago, PerfidiousAmber said:

I was surprised as well and actually had to rewind to their vote-off strategy session to see what the hell I missed. 

I'm glad I'm not the only one. 

Also surprising because I would have figured Michelle to get a bigger edit in her boot episode, given her early gameplay. When we didn't see any votes but one for Adam I thought he might get all/most of them and it'd come down to him going or him idolling someone out, so this came out of left field. 

Otherwise, a big meh. Disappointing to see yet another woman go, but that's pretty much all I've got. 

• Love 3

I knew it. I knew this would happen. I knew that when the merge came, the Millennials would think they had the numbers, but they wouldn't. I was pretty sure Zeke and Adam were going to want to keep working with the people they'd bonded with on their new tribes, not to mention each other. But Hannah really sealed the deal. So in hindsight, Jay's big move last week was really dumb. Not only did he lose Michaeala's vote, but because of the way he handled it, he lost Hannah's as well. 

I just wonder if they even realized that. He and Will seemed pretty shocked at TC. Was it just because they went for Michelle? Or was it because their Adam plan didn't work? They seemed to have an air of confidence about them, that they were sure Adam was going home. I know editing accounts for missing a lot of things, but did they not notice how tight Zeke and Adam, especially, had become with several of the Gen-Xers? I don't even think we saw them bothering to talk to Zeke at all. Stupid, if they really thought they had the numbers. 

Speaking of stupid, though - I kind of liked Adam before, but his game play this week SUCKED. First of all, WHY would he think he could go and talk to Taylor? Why? I don't care how "nice" Taylor seemed, I would never trust him because of what happened with the Figgy note. You'd have to keep in the back of your mind that he'd want to play you for revenge. And their conversation was so one-sided. Adam is spilling all this info, and Taylor is just "mmmhmmm", "okay". He would repeat Adam's suggestions as questions, but never agreed to anything. And then....AND THEN....once it's confirmed that Taylor ran and told Jay and Will, Adam STILL tries to go and work with him. 

He was just a hot mess. There's scrambling, and then there's SCRAMBLING. Dude was all over that beach like a baby sea turtle trying to get to the water before a seagull snatches him up. You can't just play both sides like that. Hannah and Zeke are already quite aware, and it's going to come back to bite him in the end. I really hated how he was afraid of playing his Idol if he didn't need it, not because it would be a waste, but because he would "look like a chump". Who fucking cares how you look??? I'd rather be safe. 

Also, his "advantage" doesn't seem like a true advantage, to me. I'd probably only use that if the reward from a challenge was ANOTHER advantage in the game. Otherwise, just snatching up someone reward? That's going to put a big old target on your back. 

Speaking of, Taylor the food hoarder is an asshole. Plain and Simple. 

Anyhow, I was kind of disappointed to see Michelle go. I thought she was very smart and could have played a good game given the chance. She was the one who didn't think it was wise to target Adam. If they had picked someone else from the Gen X tribe, they might have been able to get Adam and Hannah to vote for them. I don't know about Zeke, though. But the Adam target DID seem personal, as she said, and maybe not the most strategic. But what can you do, when you're opinion is outnumbered? 

I was quite impressed with Jessica at that challenge. She was not who I pictured being among the last standing, good for her. 

Zeke continues to earn my love with his vocabulary choices. This week - "coterie". 

• Love 21
9 hours ago, blackwing said:

I knew that it would be Jay that would say "I'm the Kingpin".   I wish they had decided to take out either Jay or Taylor.  The two of them are so smug and arrogant.  There was no way they would play an idol, they were so arrogantly sure that all of the Millenials would vote with them to vote out Adam.

Yup. I was with Ken on getting Taylor out. I think this would have been the perfect opportunity.  I agree that they wouldn't have played the Idol. Now they know where people stand and they're going to be gunning for Jay/Taylor next, so they'll be more prepared to play the Idol. It would have been better to catch them unawares. 

9 hours ago, blackwing said:

I'd like to see Ken, Jessica, Chris, Adam or David win.  I'm indifferent to Hannah, Brett, Sunday and Zeke.  I would be ok if anyone except Will, Taylor or Jay won.

I almost 100% agree with this, except I'd move Zeke over to the left. I really enjoy him. 

8 hours ago, sassykattt said:

Ken is still the best looking one out there, and smart too.

Yup. He knows how to be quiet and not dominate. He voiced his disagreement about who to vote for, but ultimately they went for Adam, so clearly he knows how to make compromises. It seems like he doesn't want to be perceived as one of the bigger threats out there right now, which is smart. 

• Love 10

Jay looks really good with the man bun. Like, really good. If he gets to the end, there's a high chance he could win. But can he get to the end? That's the question. Right now he's in a losing position.

Bummed that my girl Michelle is gone, so didn't have much chance to see her game play but I hope she can return in future seasons. I'm surprised that Bret and Sunday (and Chris to a certain extent) have so little screen time even compared to the booted contestants.

• Love 2

As it stands now, Taylor could be a perfect goat to take to the end. 

I doubt Chris will turn into much of an individual IC threat.  In the team competitions, he's fantastic.  The individual comps require a more rounded skill set than I think he has.  He's an excellent player, though, and this actually may help him go deeper.

Almost the entire episode, the editors did another great job painting targets on a whole lot of contestants.  The one exception was when the Gen Xers all jumped on the Michelle bandwagon, shortly before tribal. 

One millennial after another keeps making the same mistake: showing their true colors too publicly.  Zeke is one of the few who hasn't done that much, which is one reason (of many) his position looks good to me now. 

Adam is a pretty cool customer, knowing several players were gunning for him, but still not playing his idol.  That partially made up for his series of miscues earlier in the episode. 

Adam's 'advantage' seems to me more of a disadvantage.  It's bound to royally piss off at least one player and maybe more.  Survivor has tried a number of similar twists the past few years.  I only recall one (Michelle's vote negation) that worked well for the person who had the advantage.   

Sorry to see Michelle go... feel she got a little lackadaisical this episode (and maybe several before: seems clear she did not make alliances on her post-shuffle tribe)... and am enjoying this season immensely more than the last. 

• Love 6

Much like my bewilderment over recent political events, I was confused why the Gen-X/Nerd alliance didn't gang up to take out Jay or Taylor.  Even if anyone suspected either had an idol, why not split the vote?  Maybe they didn't have the numbers to split?  But Michelle was a dumb choice.  Sunday, Hannah & Jessica surely see the writing on the proverbial men's room wall - "Dicks B4 Chicks!"

Taylor is the walking poster child for anyone looking to put a face to the Millennial stereotype...entitled, selfish, clueless yadda yadda yadda.  Absolutely no self awareness or ability to read the room.  Keep grinning, Bro.  The hungry members of the tribe (and jury) will remember your "sweet" surfer douche dude moves, Bro. 

And can someone fluent in "Millennial" or "Logic For The Perpetually Stoned" explain something Taylor said?  When he was oh so not stealthily swiping food from the feast box, his voice over said something to the effect of "So, I thought 'hey! I'm pretty good with mason jars...and canning and stuff!  I'm gonna take some food and hide it in this mason jar!"  Um, how do his mad skillz re. being "good with mason jars" or knowing how to can preserves (like any good hipster bro should) correlate to knowing how to steal food and hide it from other hungry people?

• Love 24

I'm not sure how "being good with Mason jars" translates into "I'm gonna steal this food 'cause I'm hungry," but whatever, Tayls.  And you're actually not good with Mason jars, as you woke at least two of your tribemates while you clinked and rattled around in the middle of the night.  And that stupid smirk at TC when asked about stealing the food - dude had zero remorse.  Tayls should've gone home, but I can see the reasoning behind voting off an unexpected player to avoid Jay passing his idol to Tayls.  I was sad to see Michelle go, because I think she actually had some gameplay in her.

I feel awful for Adam, knowing what we know about his mom.  But I do wish he'd stop talking in Gameshow Announcer Voice.  I feel like he's speaking in soundbites in order to get screentime, and it's working.

Stay under that radar, Ken!  

EDIT: @BusyOctober - we had the same thoughts re: Mason jars.  I didn't understand the logic, either.

Edited by laurakaye
  • LOL 1
  • Love 19
1 minute ago, BusyOctober said:

Much like my bewilderment over recent political events, I was confused why the Gen-X/Nerd alliance didn't gang up to take out Jay or Taylor.  Even if anyone suspected either had an idol, why not split the vote?  Maybe they didn't have the numbers to split?  But Michelle was a dumb choice.  Sunday, Hannah & Jessica surely see the writing on the proverbial men's room wall - "Dicks B4 Chicks!"

I disagree.  Michelle is far smarter... a big challenge threat for mental ICs... and great at manipulating others.  Easily the best choice IMO.  Add in the worry about idols, and I believe they made the absolute best choice. 

• Love 6
5 hours ago, KimberStormer said:

Oh god, guys, I knew it before I started watching.  I'll see you in 2017.

When Probst starting reading Michelle's name I had a thrill of horror and whispered,  Kimberstormer is going to be sooooo mad.

Don't leave!  Stay and hate Tayls with us!  I almost thought it was Taylor playing Chad in this SNL sketch the other night.

http://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-live/video/office-hours/3421107

• Love 7

I will fully admit I was a Michelle fan, but this season is really starting to look suss. 

I don't think I have ever seen a season when 7 out of 8 boots were one gender just by coincidence. 

Are we missing an edit that production doesn't like because there are 9 guys and 3 girls, some boots made sense but some where just inexplicably stupid. 

• Love 4
41 minutes ago, kikaha said:

One millennial after another keeps making the same mistake: showing their true colors too publicly.  Zeke is one of the few who hasn't done that much, which is one reason (of many) his position looks good to me now. 

I think Zeke is in a great position. If they manage to knock off Will, Taylor, Jay - they're going to have to start turning on each other, relying on smaller voting blocks, etc. Zeke is close with Adam and Hannah. He's also close with Chris, who can bring along Sunday and Brett. David seems to really trust him as well. So he could really position himself well, if he's smart about it. Or it could be his downfall, if people start to notice that and see it as a threat. But I'm hoping they won't. 

• Love 10
18 minutes ago, Catstorm said:

I will fully admit I was a Michelle fan, but this season is really starting to look suss. 

I don't think I have ever seen a season when 7 out of 8 boots were one gender just by coincidence. 

Are we missing an edit that production doesn't like because there are 9 guys and 3 girls, some boots made sense but some where just inexplicably stupid. 

no - I just think it's coincidence. Like. if it were 7 out of 8 boots were the other gender I wouldn't think anything of it either. And the thing is I can see the reasons for all of them. I'm even trying to think which ones were inexplicably stupid and I can't see it (other than the Michalea boot). 

• Love 3

Okay!  My first time in days to venture out from MSNBC and the Election Anxiety Support Thread.  I'm so rusty I had to re-start the Froth We Call Survivor four times.  [*creak*creak* Oil can.]

Although Michaela silently expressing "This can't fucking be true" and Jay silently expressing "Ah but yes it's true" were worth a four-watch.  (Props to Jay for omitting any sign of schadenfreude, as far as I could see; his nod was vaguely Yoda-esque.)

So the ep didn't get my usual laserbeam focus, but here's my question:  has there ever been a Tribal Council where everyone agreed, "Screw it, let's just vote out this douche instead"?  Because I think Tayls could have made some of that Survivor History everyone loves so much.

• Love 3

Tayls mason jar/ canning comments had me confused too. My daughter-17 said he was just being sarcastic. And it dawned on me that he is still pissed about losing his snuggle buddy. Super pissed and out to wreak havoc a la tattoo-doucebros when they hid the machete/tools and poured water on the fire. He's so dumb that he doesn't realize he's sabotaging his own game. And poor Adam thinking he can 'make nice' with him. That will NEVER happen. Hope Adam has the 411 on that now.

• Love 3
24 minutes ago, Daisy said:

no - I just think it's coincidence. Like. if it were 7 out of 8 boots were the other gender I wouldn't think anything of it either. And the thing is I can see the reasons for all of them. I'm even trying to think which ones were inexplicably stupid and I can't see it (other than the Michalea boot). 

Agreed. It sucks to see only 3 females left with all those men, but I do think it's merely coincidental. In hindsight, the Michaela vote was colossally stupid, but I get why Jay thought it was a good idea, and I don't think it had anything to do with her being female. 

• Love 2

Not upset that Michelle is gone. I haven't forgiven her since she persuaded her tribe to vote out Mari. It was a dick move. Survivor is skewed against most female players simply because of the physicality of the challenges. So, it's always disheartening when females vote against each other right out of the gate. It puts them at a disadvantage right away.

It seems like women have been losing a lot lately, and in much bigger arenas than Survivor. More's the pity.

Chris or Ken for the win, with David a distant third.

• Love 2
13 hours ago, KaveDweller said:

I thought of that too. The smart play is to only use it if the reward is ever an advantage in the game or an immunity challenge.  

I wonder if he had to take it, or if he could have wrapped it up and stuck it back up top. Then point it out to someone like Taylor who wouldn't think of the fact that using it would piss people off.

I like that kind of devious thinking.

Since they never tell us the rules, would it be possible to steal the reward from an ally, then take said ally on the reward?

• Love 4
1 hour ago, JudyObscure said:

When Probst starting reading Michelle's name I had a thrill of horror and whispered,  Kimberstormer is going to be sooooo mad.

Me too! Sorry, @KimberStormer

After the election, the fact that it's been all but 1 women voted off is making me even more sad. And I'm sorry, but I don't believe it's a coincidence. No, I don't think these people are hardcore racist misogynists, but there's some subconscious stuff going on there imo. Sigh.

I hope Ken wins simply because he really wanted to vote Taylor's dumb ass out. At first I thought he seemed like a sweet, very stupid guy, but after the girlfriend stuff came out and with these past two eps he's coming off like a real dick.

It's already been said, but I gotta echo the comments that Michelle's edit was weird as hell. Based on exit interviews and extra scenes/confessionals I do think Michelle was probably voted out because she was legit the smartest/best player of that group, but from the edit the show is giving us it doesn't appear that way. Everyone goes on and on about how great Jay is and then they're like, "So let's vote out Michelle lol!" There was no talk about actually voting Jay out, which made no sense. The edit has just been strange all around really.

I can see now why Probst loves this season. All the women voted out and he's left with a bunch of douchebros he can slobber over. 

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 11
31 minutes ago, Dominii said:

Not upset that Michelle is gone. I haven't forgiven her since she persuaded her tribe to vote out Mari. It was a dick move. Survivor is skewed against most female players simply because of the physicality of the challenges. So, it's always disheartening when females vote against each other right out of the gate. It puts them at a disadvantage right away.

It seems like women have been losing a lot lately, and in much bigger arenas than Survivor. More's the pity.

Chris or Ken for the win, with David a distant third.

again - I don't think so. I personally feel that a lot of the challenges are somewhat balanced so there is an aspect that an Older person can do well, a Smaller person can do well, a Bigger person can do well, a Taller person can do well, a Woman can do well and a Man can do well. Sometimes depending on a season when someone goes "we need someone to be strong in the challenges." it's not necessarily to the pint that "we just need male strength." (anymore). Some times it is, and when it is - I am very much of the "um, so you can't boot off the weaker male guy instead?" but - and i think this is where it has hurt the show for a while - we don't see the camp life anymore, unless it's DRAHMAH. So where as in Old School Survivor, you knew that X was with Y - other than showmance-y reasons, but there was a legitimate bond, that weaker person gets protected (again regardless of gender). 

Sometimes you see it now. David was again slated the first to go, but he was aware enough to know it was his Paranoia that was setting people off. So he basically promised to cool it in regards to that - and that he was loyal to the end and will vote. In the early days - that's paramount. Michelle wasn't doing a dick move by going after Mari. Mari wasn't in her alliance and Mari wanted Figgy (who was in Michelle's alliance) out. I don't see it as disheartening for a woman to take out another woman as a target - just like i wouldn't see it as a man doing it to another man. And Michelle - was the Edguardo this season. Will had Immunity, they thought Jay had the idol - so go for Michelle instead of Taylor where the obvious impression would be "Oh - i should protect Taylor because they are gunning for them."

38 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

Agreed. It sucks to see only 3 females left with all those men, but I do think it's merely coincidental. In hindsight, the Michaela vote was colossally stupid, but I get why Jay thought it was a good idea, and I don't think it had anything to do with her being female. 

Me either.  I've had this debate so much over facebook lol i feel like i need to copy and paste it. There are seasons - where you fully get the feeling the only reason why someone is getting voted off (or doesn't win) is because she's a woman. like you know. And that's been pretty much laid thick throughout the entire season so it's not a shock, and I think that's when I get angry because that's stupid (but also - why i love this game because - it is emotional. and Emotions aren't Logical). 

This season I don't think I've sat down once and went "well - you know. that's kind of shady pants. I think - just to what's going on right now it's somewhat heightened, but everyone got voted off - for really good solid reasons in my opinion.

Boot 1:
David + Rachel messed up. David was targeted (mostly due to Paranoia), David begged for his life (because he was aware), Rachel got booted

Boot 2:
Mari was going after Figgy, Figgy was in Michelle's alliance, Michelle saves Figgy by booting out Mari.  

Boot 3:
Paul was being an obnoxious bossy boots, Paul goes home (also floated out an all male alliance that scared Jessica)

Boot 4:
Lucy literally saw why Paul got booted out - and decided to "hey, I can control the game now." and be obnoxious about it, Lucy goes home. (saving Jessica who everyone was targeting because Brett + Chris were mad that she flipped on Paul). 

Boot 5:
Zeke bonds with Chris, David doesn't want to betray Chris again, and Michelle saves her butt to vote out CeCe who is really not bringing it in challenges. Cece goes home. 

Boot 6:
Figgy.  because of the whole obnoxious showmance thing (and - editing to add - they might have thought that Figgy was the brains behind Taylors moves. so cut the head off and the snake will follow. a lot of times in this scenario it's a 50/50 draw. Ken went home before Whitney. Candace went home before Adam. Jamie over Eric - Amber won over Rob, and even non-sexualized ones - Rodger fell on his sword for Elisabeth, and Pascal purple rocked his life because he didn't want to vote against Neleh). 

Boot 7:
Michalea shows how smart she is, Jay doesn't want someone super popular and super smart (stated by most people in her tribe) - to make the merge because she's a closer. Michalea gets blindside instead of Brett (whom people don't trust because he's lying). 

Going through this  - and re-reading the recaps because i wanted to remember the order: everything made sense to me. Like David could have gone home a few times - but he saved his own life. Same with Adam (and Hannah saved Adam). those two shot their mouths off, but peddled enough to save their butts. You could have argued Taylor (which, I wished) - but again as i broke it down above - Michelle made the most sense, to ultimately prevent an Idol ricochet. 

The most recent example I can think of where it was reverse - was One World with Kim. And She didn't necessarily want an all girls alliance, it just happened to work out for her, and all the guys got booted out in order.but that was systematic. I don't even necessarily think the Black Widow Brigade in Micronesia intended to be an all women's alliance, Parvarti had multiple options as did Cirie but that gloomed together and pick pick pick. (and it was delicious fun because most of the guys were kinda not paying attention). 

Fiji i'd argue was a systematic "pick off the women coz we're weak." (because they stated so). 

But this one? nah. it it easily could have turned on other people easily, but i think the dice just happened to land on side girl (and sometimes because of their own actions. actually 98% because of their own actions). 

Edited by Daisy
  • Love 9
16 minutes ago, PaperTree said:

Since they never tell us the rules, would it be possible to steal the reward from an ally, then take said ally on the reward?

because this is caused to make dramah - probably not. 
this is a dumb thing because it just makes people mad at you. this is why i'd never want to win a reward where you have to choose people. you never win. those challenges you toss and hope someone takes you lol

• Love 5
12 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

Did they adjust the heights of those bars in the challenge to compensate for their heights?

It didn't appear that they did.  Chris was able to get a strong hold with his entire hand and Jessica could not, even more reason to be impressed with her success. 

45 minutes ago, PaperTree said:

I am pretty sure the rules state that you cannot steal an idol which would include a game advantage.   You can go inside their bag and look though.   

10 hours ago, PerfidiousAmber said:

Oh, and I'm back to my utter disgust for Taylor. Petty thievery, selfishness,  arrogance, hubris, telling Jay not to tell Will and then telling Will, and I could go on but I don't even want to think about that self-centred little brat.

How about the preview from next week's show?

It was Taylor (wasn't it?) who told Jay that revealing the secret of Adam's "advantage" (the right to steal a reward) from someone else will "destroy" him.

Sorry, I'm not certain as to who said that or whether they used the word "destroy" or not. I'm feeling very depressed about the US election right now. But I needed to come here to say that I'm surprised no one seems to question whether this is really and advantage or not. It sure seems to me like it could well be a disadvantage more so than an advantage.

If you won a reward as a result of a hard fought challenge and then some rat stands up and says, "Oh Probst? I think I'd like to take that reward. Here's a piece of paper that says that says I have the right to do that. What would your reaction to that be?

Edited by AliShibaz

What a great season! But I am confused - why were the Cool Kids so sure they had a majority when it was 6 Gen-Xers to 7 Millennials and they were voting for a Millennial - Adam? Who did they think they had with them? Did they think that Adam was going to vote for himself?

Taylor eating the food and then playing it off as just fun-lovin' was a totally youngster thing to do. I have actually seen teen-agers doing something so similar to this. My husband calls it the "wussification of America". In our day (and I am 48 not 86) - someone who pulled this would have gotten a verbal beat down, been ostracized, and possibly would have required some kind of restitution made. "Go find 6 coconuts, you hog-body."

I kind of like Will because he is so coherent. He speaks in complete sentences and uses words correctly. It seems rare in young men these days. He doesn't seem dumb to me at all. Naïve, sure, but not dumb. I also like Chris, Ken, Sunday and Jessica is growing on me. I didn't think I was biased to the Gen-X crowd, but I guess now I am. I really liked Michaela though, but I can see why she was a threat going into the merge.

I agree with whoever said, "Put that 'advantage' back where you found it and let some other poor sap get it and use it." Or just use it to get the immunity advantage, that would be the only time to use it.

• Love 6