Type keyword(s) to search

S33.E08: I'm The Kingpin

Tara Ariano
  • Start Topic

What is it with people on this show telling people when they have an advantage/idol?  I guess TPTB figured the extra vote advantages were a waste since they never worked out.

They made it seem so obvious Adam was going home, so I figured that was a red herring.  Did get a little nervous, though.  I figured we'd see an idol come into play tonight.

Really surprised Michelle went over Jay and Taylor.  I mean, maybe not Taylor, because he makes Fabio look like a brain surgeon, so why not keep someone like him in the game.  But Jay to me is a bigger threat  (plus, they didn't know this at the time, but they could have gotten rid of the idol on top of it).  Still, he makes it interesting.  Another women down.  I wonder if Jeff is going to address this at the reunion.  

Hannah's a little more of a player than I thought.  Should have taken your revenge on Jay though!

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 11

Damn. I thought Michelle had so much potential and was arguably the most interesting player. At least she is on the jury!

I knew Adam would make it through tonight's vote once we didn't see anyone else's name but his being written down while everyone was voting.

Let's just make a mental note that the only women left in the game, though I like them all, are not getting particularly favorable edits: Hannah seems to be portrayed as overly sensitive (though I don't agree with that sentiment), Sunday seems to be a non-factor in the edit (though I think she has made the right call with her vote at each tribal council she has attended), and Jessica didn't get a confessional in the crucial merge episode.

Poor Sunday. Not a single confessional tonight from her. Though now that I think about it, I don't recall Jessica getting one either.

I was impressed that David held on for as long as he did in the immunity challenge.

Edited by jsm1125
  • Love 5
Just now, LadyChatts said:

Really surprised Michelle went over Jay and Taylor.  I mean, maybe not Taylor, because he makes Fabio look like a brain surgeon.  But Jay to me is a bigger threat in this game (plus, they didn't know this at the time, but they could have gotten rid of the idol on top of it).  Another women down.  I wonder if Jeff is going to address this at the reunion. 

I'm gonna guess the answer to that will be "No."

• Love 24

I have bad shoulders.  This challenge would be my nightmare.

@cleo Will is 18.  Jailbait!  He is also a year younger than my darling son.

Well duh of course it was Michelle because in this season only women can get voted out unless their name is Paul.

I actually don't care all that much, I didn't have strong feelings about her one way or the other.

I love how Taylor told Jay that they couldn't tell Will so he then turned around and told Will.

All millennials on the block tonight.  Interesting.

Edited by mojoween
  • Love 9

That was an exciting episode; had no idea which way the votes would go. Adam made a big (and right) decision to not play his idol, pheww I was worried he would use it and then be untrustworthy to the rest. 

Zeke and Hannah were right though, if Adam was voted out then it would be on him because he was all over the place. Can't believe he went back to Taylor after he had proof that Taylor spilled the beans on Adam's target, Will.

Jay, Taylor, and Will came off as really dim after the votes were read, just the expressions on their faces was soo "dooh.' Poor Michelle; its always the ladies who suffer for aligning with douches.

Hannah was surprisingly calm and rational after the Michaela vote and hid her distrust in Jay really well. 

This was a pretty heavy Will episode, and I find him annoying for some reason. 

• Love 19
5 minutes ago, wallflower75 said:

I'm gonna guess the answer to that will be "No."

He's probably thankful he has the Taylor-Figgy-baby mama drama to go over.  Maybe he can recruit one of his celeb friends to crash the stage and give a Survivor money to their charity, and take up 20 minutes so he can claim he ran out of time.

Michelle seemed nice, and I was hoping for big things from her post merge.  But it isn't the end of the world she went.  She hasn't gotten much airtime since the Mari vote, so I haven't found her as interesting as some others.

• Love 7

BOOOOOO

I mean, the second best call the majority bloc could have made, because only two people in that alliance were thinking with anything other than their dicks, but still BOOOOO.

Adam should have gone home because that was a truly atrocious sequence of gameplay from him.  Zeke and Jay get together and mutually agree that Adam sucks and then 12 of you will figure it out next time.

Jay is pretty good at this but his poker face sucks.  I would love to sit at a table with him.

Zeke is my favorite remaining and I think playing the best overall game.

• Love 12
1 minute ago, dkb said:

This was a pretty heavy Will episode, and I find him annoying for some reason. 

I was hoping he'd go tonight, something about him definitely bugs. I didn't have an opinion on him until last week when he was looking so bright-eyed and perky during Michaela's boot, as if he had more power in that move than receiving marching orders from Jay.

• Love 12

18 is actually an adult, at least in Canada (I'm Canadian) and I thought most states  as well.

But it's pretty harmless,. He just seems so much more likeable than Taylor and Jay. Clearly his mom did do a good job.

Edited by cleo
  • Love 3

Ugh.  Honestly, if I knew someone was stealing the food and he sat there and admitted it with a smug smile on his face, I would've voted his butt out then.  Jerk.  Here's hoping that doesn't come back to bite the Gen-Xers in the end.  With this game you never know.

When will people learn one basic rule of Survivor: Trust No One???  What's that you say?  That's from "The X-Files?"  Oops.  Okay, I'll rephrase: Don't tell anyone you have an advantage/idol!  What, do you WANT a target on your back?  I'm trying to remember--has Jessica told anyone she's got a late-game advantage?  It doesn't seem to me like she has.  And where is she right now?  Fairly secure in her tribe.  Where is Adam?  Biting his fingernails and debating whether or not to play his idol.

• Love 12
7 minutes ago, cleo said:

That was awesome, not a Michelle fan and it made up for Mikaela a bit.

I'm afraid I'm getting a little crush on will. Someone tell me he is 18.

I think he's 17.

I must admit, Tayls is a hottie, but he is such a little tattletale. It doesn't help that Adam can't keep his pie hole shut. I was so afraid he was a goner.

Another woman is voted off? Before you know it, this season will be a reality show version of Lord of the Flies. 

Despite the lucky gene pool status of Taylor, it's still Team Ken FTW for me!

• Love 12

This was fun...I really enjoyed that. Taylor is such an entitled ass...but he is so annoyingly dumb, that taking out Jay or Michelle was the smarter move. That said, whoever settled on Michelle and gathered the rest of the votes was smart...we know what a player Michelle is...those on the island I think do not.

Shut up Adam...i have heard enough from you. That said, I was still yelling at him to play the idol...I really thought his number was up. And when I am wrong, I so enjoy it.

Jay is not charming to me...smarter than Taylor, which is not saying much, but who is with him now...Taylor, Will and...

I am loving Ken, and I have warmed to Chris. And who would have guessed Brett and Sunday still there, and Jessica showing major strength. 

Me, I am enjoying this season.

• Love 15

Yes. I do look forward to Ponderosa tonight. A 10 person jury?  Not really a big fan of that. I will say Michelle was absolutely right tonight. As much as I woud love to see Adam get voted out out it was a mistake for them to do it now.  It will come back to bit them all in the ass.

• Love 3

Lots of maneuvering, and what happens? Right . . . another woman exits, leaving us with three. I find this very disturbing.

I can't take Taylor seriously as a villian. He's too much of a bro, and he's not a generic douchebro.

• Love 9

Based on the fact that Michaela was such an integral part of the game, I found it interesting that the other teams didn't inquire about her.  I thought at least one person would remark on her absence. 

And now, there are three ladies left. 

• Love 8

Two of the ladies left have barely gotten any screen time this season, so if Jessica or Sunday suddenly are front and center next week, they're doomed.  Similarly, Hannah hasn't gotten a ton of screen time so I guess we'll see what next week holds for her.

• Love 2

It takes me a long time to notice some people, and tonight is the night that I notice that Jay is beautiful I guess.  Taylor is too, but his looks are not really my thang.  It's so..... "obvious".  LOL.  It reminds me of a funny Seinfeld line or something:  (Sarcastically:)  "Yeah.... I like to work really HARD to see beauty."

I liked Adam before this point but now I don't know, I don't get it.  I loved Zeke's confessionals about him.  He looked pretty "all over the place" as Zeke said.  Hannah was calming him down of all people.  (Sorry, meant to type ADAM here, not Jay.)

Taylor seems dumb, but Jay seems smart.  It was weird how The Cool Kids had zero plan.  They assumed Jay didn't have an idol and Will just went along and dumbly agreed.  I'm very disappointed the "nerdy seeming" Will is actually not a nerd at all but might even be more simple-minded than Taylor.  I guess that's why he's just a parasite swimming along the Cool Kids' shark and not with the nerds.  

Taylor's plan:  I want revenge, so I'll vote Adam.  Will:  I want revenge, so I'll vote Adam.  Adam: I will do 3 separate things, none of which makes the least bit of sense.  Who came up with the Michelle plan?  Was it Zeke?  That turned out to be a good plan.  Almost Edgardo-like.

Has there ever been a season like this, gender wise?  The only comparison that comes to mind is the one with Ami, Survivor: Vanuatu, where all of the men but one were knocked out.  Maybe a woman wins this season somehow.

Re: Playing versus not playing the idol

I think with some few exceptions (James in China, etc.) the person who is 'supposed' to play their idol knows very very well where the votes are.  Things get 'leaked' somehow; legally I guess.  That's why you rarely see someone play their idol unless they absolutely have to.  The James in China scenario, or the reverse (playing when there's no need) I feel like this very rarely happens now.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 7

Michelle's massive amounts of pre-merge screen time -- single-handedly saving Figgy and I believe, her attempts to vote out David -- coupled with her utter lack of screen time tonight make one of the strangest edits I've seen in a while. I can't get over that the last real decent screen time we saw from her was using a knife and fork while trying to eat over three guys' flatulence.

Bye, Michelle.

Millennials definitely reminding me of the mega-alliance in Samoa, or even the one many seasons earlier in Marquesas, who just started...voting each other out for no reason.

• Love 10

Did Jeff say Michelle was the first jury member? If so, I missed that.

As soon as I saw a group of guys on the beach talking over who to vote out, I knew Michelle was toast. Will was safe. The guys think Jay might have the idol, and he might play it for Tayls... but not Michelle. Also, the guys like Jay more than Michelle, and they don't trust her. The saw her as dangerous. Tayls they just see as dumb and selfish.

Adam came across as a blithering idiot.

• Love 4

I guess Taylor is kind of cute, but there's just so much stupid in those blue eyes I could never find him hot.  His belief that he should have more food because his hungry is different made me want him to go home so much.  I like the revenge thing myself.

Adam, nothing makes you "look like a chump,"  so much as going home with an idol in your pocket and you came so close.  His poor mother must be having mini-strokes watching him play.

I'm rooting hard for the Gen-X's now that Michelle is gone -- well there's Zeke -- I keep forgetting he's a millennial.  It seems  sadly fitting that a female would be evicted today of all days.

• Love 21
3 minutes ago, JudyObscure said:

I guess Taylor is kind of cute, but there's just so much stupid in those blue eyes I could never find him hot.  His belief that he should have more food because his hungry is different made me want him to go home so much.  I like the revenge thing myself.

Adam, nothing makes you "look like a chump,"  so much as going home with an idol in your pocket and you came so close.  His poor mother must be having mini-strokes watching him play.

I'm rooting hard for the Gen-X's now that Michelle is gone -- well there's Zeke -- I keep forgetting he's a millennial.  It seems  sadly fitting that a female would be evicted today of all days.

Not that I take pleasure in being the bearer of bad news, but Adam's mother passed away this past May.

• Love 3

Will doesn't sound 18 he sounds like he's 30 from his voice lol.

I was so happy that Jay & Taylor's plan blew up in their faces. Yeah Jay thought Adam was gonna have a shocked expression when it was Jay that had the shocked expression and I loved it. Hopefully he goes soon.

I said Adam should have played the idol he was just scrambling around talking to both sides and Hannah of all people had to calm him down and tell him to relax and stop having sidebars with other people and just trust.

Right now I guess I can root for either Adam (if he stops being so paranoid), Ken, or Zeke to win. Maybe Hannah too but I have to see how she plays from here on out.

Edited by ShadowSixx
  • Love 5

Do people not know Jay has the idol?  I guess I thought people did, besides Michaela and Will.

In terms of who I'm rooting for, surprisingly, almost everyone.  I guess it's a season where I don't really have anyone left I actively dislike.  I'd be fine if Taylor, Bret, Will, or Sunday went next, as those 4 do nothing for me.  I really want to see Ken, Zeke, and I guess Jay end game (as I think Jay's the more interesting of his alliance-not to mention smarter).  I like Adam and Jessica, and Hannah kind of redeemed herself for me.  Though I still don't think she's really cut out for this game.  Anyone I miss?  Oh yeah, Chris.  I guess throw him in the 'nice guy, but does nothing for me' category.

• Love 5

I want to smack Jay every time he gets that smug grin on his face. Hell, I want to smack him anytime. Taylor next, dude... needs to go.

Michelle thought she could lay back and trust people? Does she know what game she's playing? This isn't Tic Tac Dough.

Adam reminds me so much of a good friend of mine. Both very earnest and overthinking types.

• Love 8

Will they ever learn not to vote off people from their tribes?  Ever?  They're just voting off people that annoy them now.  Although I don't think the Millennials had a chance but they should have targeted a Gen-Xer.

• Love 7

Taylor voting off emotionally is a dumbass. "This is for Figs." Yeah and look how that worked out. Adam didn't go home. IDK why some want to vote emotionally instead of strategically.

I wouldn't expect that from Michelle to say she was gonna play the game just laying back when she made a move to take Mari out. You would think she would be on high alert and come up with a Plan B if Plan A looked shaky. 

Edited by ShadowSixx
  • Love 5

Tayls could not have been more punchable than when he was giggling in glee as everyone talked about how hungry they were.  Cannot stand him.  And as it turned out, he was in the minority.  And yet not one person had the courage to shut this glutton down when he was stealing food.  He has the special snowflake syndrome.

Jay is technically very attractive, and they seem to think he has charisma.  He still strikes me as looking very Manson-like when his hair is down.  I was rooting for him for about a half an hour when he mentioned wanting the win for his family.  I enjoyed watching his smirk and Taylor's grin wiped off their arrogant faces.  Bonus is remembering them snickering about anticipating the joy of watching Adam's dismay.

28 minutes ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

Was it Zeke?  That turned out to be a good plan.  Almost Edgardo-like.

Zeke mentioned Taylor, then David stated he feared Taylor had an idol.  Zeke (I think) said it's probably Jay with the idol.  David thought Jay could possibly share his idol with Taylor, but wouldn't share with Michelle.  So it was David who suggested Michelle.

• Love 17

I know, let's put out 'advantages' that will only draw you a beating... and see if someone goes for it! This was the least advantageous advantage ever. I should be named the 'Get you kicked in the balls advantage.' And should be pronounced with air quotes when you say the 'advantage' part. Who could be horrible enough and power hungry enough to steal a reward from someone. Oh no, that won't backfire on you at all... and yet Adam seems to be so totally into it even if used in the worst possible way. (ETA: GMTA mojo) It's actually the only reason I'm glad he survived.

Michelle is a kind of out of nowhere boot, can't really call it much of a blindside even. Just kind off like a 'oh... interesting... well, glad it's wasn't me let's move on!' kind of thing. But then that's pretty much why they did it as they knew she didn't see it coming and doesn't have an idol.

Edited by Wandering Snark
  • Love 12
19 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

Taylor's plan:  I want revenge, so I'll vote Adam.  Will:  I want revenge, so I'll vote Adam.  Adam: I will do 3 separate things, none of which makes the least bit of sense.  Who came up with the Michelle plan?  Was it Zeke?  That turned out to be a good plan.  Almost Edgardo-like.

I don't know whose plan it is but I  ...  EDITED OUT my guess because it was wrong and don't want to leave it in to confuse people.  Thanks to LanceM below for correcting me.

Me I'd rather have Jay gone but Michelle was certainly smarter and more dangerous than Taylor or Will so she will do too.

I prefer to see Survivor fans get cast instead of mactors but the downside for the fans is that too many of them go all Adam-like.  They really appreciate being there and it is a chance of a lifetime they probably fantasized about numerous times over the years so they go all batshit crazy about "doing" stuff once they get on the show and end up making every mistake in the book.

He made the merge and he was so over the top excited he felt he had to make "the move" then he says he is going to quietly hang on to his advantage for the long haul and tuck it away and the next thing we see he couldn't keep his mouth shut he is so excited about it.  And telling Taylor of all possible people about the advantage?  Really?

Then when you find you are targeted because Taylor ratted you out, instead of gratefully working with the people who are trying to save your behind -- albeit for their agendas which is to be expected -- you instead start distrusting them and run right back to Taylor who you now actually know betrayed you originally?!?!?!  And you talk to him so that the people that can save you see you do it?!?!

That is like three major and really pathetic moves right in a row.  Stop. thinking. so. much!

Adam, I want to talk to you on Camera 3.  Remember the early days when you were at the very bottom of your original tribe?  That the cool kids didn't want to play with you?  Well, guess what.  Nothing has changed.  Go to Zeke and chain yourself to the guy because he actually knows how to play.  Also find an island equivalent of duct tape to put over your yabbering mouth. 

Who knew Hannah would have to be the calm, cool voice of reason to Adam who was busy having a Survivor-style brain fart panic attack.  Kudos to her for saving Adam's bacon.

Edited by green
  • Love 22
1 minute ago, Wandering Snark said:

I know, let's put out 'advantages' that will only draw you a beating... and see if someone goes for it! This was the least advantageous advantage ever. I should be named the 'Get you kicked in the balls advantage.' And should be pronounced with air quotes when you say the 'advantage' part. Who could be horrible enough and power hungry enough to steal a reward from someone. Oh no, that won't backfire on you at all... and yet Adam seems to be so totally into it even if used in the worst possible way. It's actually the only reason I'm glad he survived.

Michelle is a kind of out of nowhere boot, can't really call it much of a blindside even. Just kind off like a 'oh... interesting... well, glad it's wasn't me let's move on!' kind of thing. But then that's pretty much why they did it as they knew she didn't see it and doesn't have an idol.

Of course Adam is into it because he seems absolutely giddy that they never had an "advantage" like this before on the show. I bet he uses it too for precisely that reason.

• Love 6
2 minutes ago, mojoween said:

Not to mention, how shitty of an advantage is that steal a reward nonsense?  First you have to explain how you got it, then you take someone's family from them, if that is when you decide to use it?

That advantage is guaranteed to cost you votes if you make FTC.

I thought of that too. The smart play is to only use it if the reward is ever an advantage in the game or an immunity challenge.  

I wonder if he had to take it, or if he could have wrapped it up and stuck it back up top. Then point it out to someone like Taylor who wouldn't think of the fact that using it would piss people off.

• Love 15
1 minute ago, green said:

I don't know whose plan it is but I do remember the scene where they were talking about Taylor being the target and Ken spoke up and said he'd rather vote out Michelle over Taylor.  Interesting because Jessica wanted to work with Taylor back last episode and she and Ken are together.  Maybe at that point Ken still had that possibility in mind as a Plan B or just knew how stupid Taylor was for just having been on a tribe with him so know anyone would be a better choice to get out ahead of Taylor the Dumb.

Nope Ken wanted to vote out Taylor. It was David that mentioned Michelle.

• Love 8

This season sucks. That was the last person I had any interest in whatsoever . 

I hope Taylor gets his revenge , because Adam is the fucking worst. All of his shitty scheming where he thinks he's smarter than he is and just arouses suspicion. The fact that he thinks he is more powerful than he is and can force others to do his bidding. The whining he and Zeke did when they didn't get their way followed by the way he tags behind people he has fucked over , all the while running his mouth . Just can't stand him . 

I guess I am pulling for Sunday , since she's the only person there whom I don't just despise . I can officially label this a shitty season when my rooting interest is a non-player who doesn't matter. 

• Love 2

Jay and Will are dead to me for what they did to Mikayla (who was the highlight of the season) so I eagerly anticipate their fall. Also Will sounded stupid when he was saying how he couldn't believe being the youngest person to win the first merge challenge. What is so surprisinging about that? He's got youth and stamina on his side. Jess going toe to toe with him was far more impressive.

Adam...using your idol when you don't have to might make you a chump but not using it to and getting voted out makes you  a chump on steroids. He's lucky he was apparently forgiven for straying.

Michelle I dub thee the seasons "One Hit Wonder". She had that episode where it looked like she was about to emerge as a key figure in the season when she was able to pull off the Figgy save....but since then her storyline fizzled and she wound up basically as collateral damage to the Jay/Taylor nexus.

• Love 12

Adam really is just clumsily bumbling around in the game at this point. Take the "Yeah man I screwed you and your game royale. Good talk!" thing and then add in todays paranoia and absolute desperation to "make a move" talking to anyone who would listen? Yeah, you think you're "playing" but you're just flailing around in plain view.

• Love 7

Rooting for Zeke and Dave.

Used to like Adam but his gameplay, tonight, left me all like, WTF!

Glad to see Michele go. Never liked her for some reason. She lied way too easily.

Tayls is dumber than a box of rocks. And arrogant. His buddy, Jay, is also arrogant. Don't like that crap.

Oh, Hannah. I like her but her neurosis is a bit much. Though she didn't lose her mind the way Adam did and she actually helped keep things together a bit. Kudos!

Also don't like the Will kid. Don't know why, just don't. Maybe how he was just out for vengeance and wasn't thinking strategically. But, boy, was he tough at the IC and Jess too. Double kudos!!

• Love 8
15 hours ago, LanceM said:

Nope Ken wanted to vote out Taylor. It was David that mentioned Michelle.

Okay I stand corrected.  I thought the others wanted Michelle targeted later because they were afraid of an idol being played by Jay to save Taylor.  But before that scene I thought ken had mentioned Michelle.  Oh well.  Me bad.

But yeah David has known how dangerous Michelle is and good for him wanting her out though I would have loved to see Jay go because as it turns out The Jay Gang didn't see that vote coming and he would have gone home with that idol in his pocket. 

Which says to me they probably thought they still had Hannah and Zeke which is just weird because they had targeted Zeke right before the swap.  Maybe they brought in the Gen-X people as in "you are safe if you vote for Adam this time, mums the word" type of thing.  But of course we didn't get to see any of that so it is only a guess.

I am loving this season.  My "villains" have been The Jay Gang from the beginning so it has been fun so far except for Michaela who I wished wasn't in their alliance.  And my "villains" are like the gang that can't shoot straight so are so fun to root against as opposed to loathing.

And about Michaela.  Hey Jay, how did voting out Michaela work out in your attempt to save Michelle?  Bet you wished you had her vote this time around because I bet she would have seen the Adam danger as being more important to deal with than Michelle and would have changed her mind on same. 

Great season.  Interesting cast.  One of the best seasons so far in my book.  I'm rooting for David and Zeke and Ken and now even Hannah as she picked herself up from the ashes and did good this episode.  I like Adam but no way he will make it much further.  He has everyone paranoid about him now because they all have reason to be paranoid about him now.

Edited by green
  • Love 8
58 minutes ago, cooksdelight said:

I want to smack Jay every time he gets that smug grin on his face. Hell, I want to smack him anytime. Taylor next, dude... needs to go.

Michelle thought she could lay back and trust people? Does she know what game she's playing? This isn't Tic Tac Dough.

Adam reminds me so much of a good friend of mine. Both very earnest and overthinking types.

She is not wrong though. You do need to trust people. Nobody can make it through the game without it. The key is to find the right people to trust

• Love 3

So it seems like no one really decoded the clue in the weird merge message, Adam (is it Adam? too many guys I can't tell apart) just went idol hunting and happened upon it?

ETA: It was posted in the spoiler thread that

Spoiler

if you take the first letter of each word it spells out "Mail brings advantage find it first".

Edited by Quilt Fairy
  • Love 2