Type keyword(s) to search

Legends are Everywhere: LoT Actors in Other Roles

• Start Topic

(edited)

DC's Legends of Tomorrow Star Shayan Sobhian's Bigfoot Movie Released Online
By RUSS BURLINGAME - March 4, 2022
https://comicbook.com/movies/news/dcs-legends-of-tomorrow-star-shayan-sobhians-bigfoot-movie-released-online/ 

DC's Legends of Tomorrow star Shayan Sobhian appears in a new short film titled Does Bigfoot Dream of Flowers, and you can watch it for free on YouTube. Released yesterday, the short was written by Sobhian and Max Mooney, an editor and indie filmmaker who also directed the short. It stars Sobhian alongisde Oona Roche (The Morning Show), and Ira Cortum (under heavy makeup, obviously) as Bigfoot. The story centers on a young couple tripping on mushrooms in the forest, who have a strange encounter with sasquatch. But is it real? Is it a trip? Honestly, it doesn't really matter.

The short is funny and heartfelt, and features a great performance by Sobhian, with minimal dialogue for most of its runtime. Cortum does a great job of emoting through all that makeup, and Roche serves as the short's anchor to reality, inasmuch as a short about meeting Bigfoot while on drugs can be.

(5thmoonproductions)

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

Out of Order appears to be an independent film (IMDb page link)...

Brooke Shields, Brandon Routh, Sam Huntington Board ‘Out of Order’ Comedy (Exclusive)
BY ETAN VLESSING    MARCH 17, 2022
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/movies/movie-news/brooke-shields-brandon-routh-out-of-order-comedy-1235112612/ 

Superman Returns co-stars Brandon Routh and Sam Huntington are joining Brooke Shields in the Out of Order comedy from director Guy Jacobson.

Routh will star as John Slater, an unsuccessful lawyer on a mission to win back his model girlfriend, played by Tao Okamoto. Huntington will play a best friend and co-worker while Shields’ character is a high-powered attorney in the feature.

In Out of Order, Slater accepts an offer from an elite law firm to turn his life around just as he takes on one last case at his old firm. Soon he realizes there’s double jeopardy as both legal firms are working opposite sides of the same case. With no options, Slater in disguise attempts to take down a massive pharmaceutical company, while also defending it.

The ensemble cast for Out of Order, now shooting in New York City, includes Krysta Rodriguez, Luis Guzmán, Sandra Bernhard and Asher Grodman.
Out of Order is produced by Isen Robbins, Aimee Schoof, B. Stephen Tedeschi Jr., Chris Bongirne, Routh, Jesse Manning and Katy Donnelly. Cemi Guzman and Luis Guzman are executive producing.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1
(edited)

DC SHOWCASE’S CONSTANTINE CREATORS SHARE EXCITEMENT FOR MATT RYAN’S RETURN TO ICONIC ROLE: EXCLUSIVE
Posted by Alex Loroff | Apr 3, 2022
https://www.theilluminerdi.com/2022/04/03/dc-showcase-constantine-creators/

A collection of four DC Showcase animated shorts will be released this year, three of which spotlight Kamandi, Blue Beetle, and The Losers. Those shorts served as bonus features on previously released DC animated films, but the fourth piece of the Showcase collection is the all-new Constantine: The House of Mystery. The short will be slightly longer than the other three, and stars an actor that’s become synonymous with the character over the last few years.
Constantine will be voiced by Matt Ryan in the short, the fourth animated project in which he’s played the Hellblazer. The House of Mystery serves as a follow-up to 2020’s Justice League Dark: Apokolips War, and finds the mystic anti-hero trapped in the aforementioned House of Mystery.
In an exclusive interview with The Illuminerdi, Supervising Producer Rick Morales spoke about getting Ryan back in the recording booth as John Constantine:

“He’s Constantine, there was really no choice. When I spoke to our casting director about it, we just presumed it’s going to be him. There’s some continuity to it of course so we have to carry that over, but he embodies the character, and as good as Ernie (Altbacker) is at writing in Constantine’s voice, he knows that character.”
Along with Apokolips War, Ryan has voiced the character in such projects as Justice League Dark and Constantine: City of Demons. Those past performances helped shaped screenwriter Ernie Altbacker’s script for the House of Mystery short:

“After seeing him do Constantine on Justice League Dark, now I don’t write for Constantine, I write Matt Ryan doing Constantine,”

DC Showcase Creators On Matt Ryan Returning To Iconic Constantine Role At WonderCon 2022
The Illuminerdi   Premiered Apr 3, 2022

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

Tala Ashe is doing another off-Broadway play (opening night is April 25)...

Mona Mansour's The Vagrant Trilogy Begins Previews April 8 After 2-Year Delay
BY LEAH PUTNAM  APRIL 8, 2022
https://playbill.com/article/mona-mansours-the-vagrant-trilogy-begins-previews-april-8-after-two-year-delay 

The Public Theater presents The Vagrant Trilogy by Mona Mansour with a Joseph Papp free performance serving as the production's first preview April 8. Opening night is set for April 25. Performances of the Off-Broadway production will run through May 8.

The production was originally slated to run in 2020, but was cancelled days before its first performance due to the pandemic shutdown. Its originally announced ensemble cast, each playing multiple roles from a total of 19 characters across three generations and multiple decades, have all returned, including Tala Ashe as Abir, Ramsey Faragallah as Ghassan, Osh Ghanimah as Hamzi, Nadine Malouf as Jamile, Rudy Roushdi as Jul, and Hadi Tabbal as Adham. Bassam Abdelfattah and Caitlin Nasema Cassidy are understudies.

Directed by Obie Award-winner Mark Wing-Davey, The Vagrant Trilogy is an exploration of the Palestinian struggle for home and identity that unfolds over three parts. It begins with Adham, a scholar, going to London in 1967 with his wife and being faced with a decision of what to do when war breaks out back home in Palestine. His decision is played out in two alternate realities in the second and third parts.

2510a0f752d21b027aab77285d4636ff-8-vagra 

You can see 8 more production photos of Vagrant Trilogy here:
https://www.playbill.com/gallery/see-new-production-photos-of-vagrant-trilogy 

2_vagranttrilogy0349rr.jpg

4_vagranttrilogy0383rr.jpg

5_vagranttrilogy0081rr.jpg

7_vagranttrilogy0071rr.jpg

Edited by tv echo

Constantine - House of Mystery: John Tries To Escape [EXCLUSIVE CLIP]
Screen Rant Plus    May 2, 2022

Screen Rant has an exclusive clip from Constantine - The House of Mystery, the latest in a popular DC Showcase line of animated shorts. The R-rated shorts collection will be available from Warner Bros. Home Entertainment on Blu-ray and in 4K on Digital starting May 3, 2022. 

(edited)

Legends of Tomorrow Star Tala Ashe Nominated For Drama Desk Award
By RUSS BURLINGAME - May 19, 2022
https://comicbook.com/dc/news/legends-of-tomorrow-star-tala-ashe-nominated-for-drama-desk-award/ 

Tala Ashe, best known for her role as Zari Tarazi (and Zari Tomaz) on DC's Legends of Tomorrow, has received a nomination for a Drama Desk Award, which honors outstanding achievement on Broadway, Off-Broadway, and Off-Off-Broadway. The awards will be presented on June 6. Ashe's nomination is one of five for English, the play she starred in, which centers on an English language class in Iran and a number of students in it who hope to emigrate to English-speaking countries. Ashe plays Elham, a smart and assertive student who has struggled to turn her efforts into results on the government-mandated language test.
In addition to Ashe's award, English was nominated for Outstanding Play, Outstanding Director of a Play (Knud Adams), Outstanding Scenic Design For a Play (Marsha Ginsberg), and Outstanding Lighting Design For a Play (Reza Behjat). 

FS7xJr9WYAAkJ9W?format=jpg 
(pic source)

Edited by tv echo
  • Like 1
(edited)

Matt Ryan Reflects On His Final Outing as John Constantine in House of Mystery, And What Would Bring Him Back 
By RUSS BURLINGAME - June 4, 2022 
https://comicbook.com/dc/news/matt-ryan-john-constantine-house-of-mystery-what-would-bring-him-back/

Warner Bros. Animation recently rolled out DC Showcase – Constantine: The House of Mystery, an anthology that featured some eccentric DC heroes, and featured a Constantine short that served as the coda to Justice League Dark: Apokolips War. In that movie, John Constantine helped Barry Allen reverse the bad fortune of the DC Universe by essentially doing a Flashpoint-style reboot, setting the stage for a new generation of DC's animated feature films. The universe, it seems, wasn't too keen on being messed with yet again, and in House of Mystery, Constantine finds himself exiled to a Hell of his own making.

Warner Bros. Animation has shared some short videos exclusively with ComicBook.com, giving Ryan a chance to reflect on the era of DC animation that his Constantine helped to shape. Of course, barring a big change coming up, Ryan's days as that nasty piece of work John Constantine are likely over, since the character departed DC's Legends of Tomorrow a year or so ago.

Calling it "a real joy" to play the character, Ryan says in the first clip (seen above), "What I love playing about John Constantine is the fact that he's a really dark soul, but the way that he handles his humor and his wit, he can go from being really serious to really flippant like that, and it's a really fun thing to play, and as an actor, he's a real three-dimensional character."
"I did enjoy the spellcasting dialogue," Ryan said. "To be honest with you, it was a breeze. I've gotten used to it over the years in a way. I've played the character for four years now in different mediums, so that muscle is used quite a lot."

As he has said before, Ryan would love a crack as the "real" John Constantine as envisioned by his creators in the comics. The version of John that Ryan plays in animation is much closer to that, but for years, both on Constantine and Legends of Tomorrow, he played a version of John that fit in with the DC TV world, moreso than the horror roots of the character. 

Matt Ryan: The One and Only John Constantine [VIDEO]
By COMICBOOK.COM STAFF - June 5, 2022 
https://comicbook.com/news/video-matt-ryan-the-one-and-only-john-constantine/

-- Matt Ryan: "I feel so blessed, really, having gotten to play John Constantine throughout all these different mediums, and for so long. You know, it’s been years since I first started playing this character, and I’m still here, and I think that is partly down to the fans’ acceptance of me. The character is such an iconic role, and the first thing you want to do is try to be true to those original comics which I’ve fallen in love with. You know, that can be difficult sometimes in the various different mediums you’re working in, you know, whether it’s on network television or, you know, whatever you’re working on. I feel like I’ve come to really love John and feel like he’s a part of me in a way. There’ a much darker, more grittier aspect to the character that I’d really love the opportunity to kind of get to flesh out, in whatever medium that would be. I feel like, in some of the various different mediums that I've worked in, predominantly the television stuff, I feel like, you know, we’re doing a somewhat lightened version of him for television. And there's a part of me that really yearns in a way to do the R-rated stuff and really kind of show that I can really do that part of the character as well, and, uh - the nasty, dirty, you know, con artist kind of guy. But I feel just so lucky, man, that I get to put on the trench coat and, you know, get to play this character.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1
(edited)

Winners of the 2022 Drama Desk Awards were announced on June 14 - Tala Ashe did not win her category, but it's still impressive that she was nominated (esp. looking at the competition)...

https://www.dramadeskawards.com/nominees/ 

Outstanding Actress in a Play
Tala Ashe, English, Atlantic Theater Company
Ruth Negga, Macbeth
Andrea Patterson, Cullud Wattah, The Public Theater
**Phylicia Rashad, Skeleton Crew, Manhattan Theatre Club
Shannon Tyo, The Chinese Lady, The Public Theater
Michelle Wilson, Confederates, Signature Theatre

Edited by tv echo

Nick Zano & Shelley Hennig To Headline ‘Obliterated’ Netflix Series From ‘Cobra Kai’ Creators
By Nellie Andreeva   June 27, 2022
https://deadline.com/2022/06/nick-zano-shelley-hennig-obliterated-netflix-series-cobra-kai-creators-1235053024/ 

Nick Zano (DC’s Legends of Tomorrow) and Shelley Hennig (Teen Wolf) are set as the leads of Obliterated, Netflix’s hourlong action comedy series from Cobra Kai creators Jon Hurwitz, Hayden Schlossberg and Josh Heald as well as Sony Pictures Television.

Written by Hurwitz, Schlossberg and Heald, the eight-episode Obliterated is a high-octane action-comedy that tells the story of an elite Special Forces team who thwarts a deadly threat to Las Vegas. After their celebratory party, filled with booze, drugs and sex, the team discovers that a bomb they deactivated was a fake. The now-intoxicated team has to fight through their impairments, overcome their personal issues, find the real bomb and save the world.
Zano plays Chad McKnight, the head of an elite SEAL team who loves him despite his reputation for being a wild guy on and off the job. The night from hell in Vegas will test his commitment to both keeping the good times going and saving the world while he’s at it.

EXCLUSIVE: 'HARLEY QUINN' SHOWRUNNERS ON BRINGING MATT RYAN'S CONSTANTINE INTO THE FOLD
By Josh Weiss    August 15, 2022
https://www.syfy.com/syfy-wire/harley-quinn-showrunners-matt-ryan-john-constantine-exclusive 

... While the supernatural gumshoe only appears onscreen for a handful of minutes, Ryan's willingness to reprise the character for what ultimately amounts to a brief cameo serves as a reminder of the actor's deep love for the comic book gig.

"Matt Ryan, in our book, is the definitive John Constantine," Harley Quinn co-showrunners Patrick Schumacker and Justin Halpern, said in an exclusive statement provided to SYFY WIRE. "That’s why he’s endured across multiple series and animated work. He’s simply the best, and it’s awesome to see the fans immediately recognize him the second they hear his voice in this episode."

• Love 1

Legends of Tomorrow's Lisseth Chavez Joins ABC's The Rookie for Season 5
By Matt Webb Mitovich / August 23 2022
https://tvline.com/2022/08/23/the-rookie-cast-lisseth-chavez-season-5-legends-of-tomorrow/ 

TVLine has learned that Chavez will be appearing as a guest-star in multiple Season 5 episodes of the Entertainment One and ABC Signature co-production.

Specifically, Chavez will play the role of Celina, a new rookie with an easy confidence and high marks at the Academy, and whose unconventional approach to police work will pose a unique challenge for her training officer.

Tala Ashe will have a recurring role on The Girls on the Bus (HBO Max series starring Melissa Benoist)...

TVLine Items: Legends Vet to Benoist Series, Orphan Black Casting and More
By Vlada Gelman / August 30 2022
https://tvline.com/2022/08/30/tala-ashe-the-girls-on-the-bus-cast-hbo-max-series/ 

Tala Ashe is trading the Legends on the Waverider for The Girls on the Bus.

The Legends of Tomorrow vet has joined fellow Arrowverse alumna Melissa Benoist (Supergirl) in the aforementioned HBO Max series, which chronicles four female journalists who follow every move of a parade of flawed presidential candidates, while finding friendship, love, and scandal along the way. The comedic drama is inspired by a chapter in Amy Chozick’s 2018 novel Chasing Hillary, which was based on the author’s time covering Hillary Clinton’s 2016 presidential campaign as a political reporter.

Per our sister site Deadline, Ashe will recur as an offbeat yet accessible progressive who is one of the reporter’s clear favorite in the presidential race. Additionally, Griffin Dunne (This Is Us) has boarded the recurring ensemble, which also includes the recently cast Scott Foley (Scandal), while Brandon Scott (13 Reasons Why, Dead to Me) has been tapped as a series regular.

Edited by tv echo
  • Like 1

Maisie Richardson-Sellers Weaves Academics Into Her Acting Process
by Iana Murray    Sep 2, 2022
https://www.wmagazine.com/culture/maisie-richardson-sellers-undeclared-war-kissing-booth-legends-of-tomorrow-interview-2022

After breaking out in Legends and in The Kissing Booth films as Jacob Elordi’s college bestie, Richardson-Sellers’s latest project, the speculative political drama The Undeclared War, presented a much-needed tonal departure that catered to her intensive process. “I was just craving telling a very organic, true, gritty, human story where the emotion of everyday life is put at the center of it,” she tells me over the phone. “It was also an opportunity for me to really study and learn about an area that I think will affect our lives very soon.”

Set in 2024, The Undeclared War imagines the very real possibilities of global conflicts migrating from the battlefield to our computers, as cyber warfare unfolds between the UK and Russia. Drama is told on desktops, as data analysts—like Richardson-Sellers’s NSA transplant, Kathy—discover secrets in computer codes. Predicated on authenticity, it’s a dense show that demanded its fair share of homework. Writer Peter Kosminsky provided “pages and pages of backstory,” while Richardson-Sellers sought insight from YouTube videos of whistleblowers.
As for Kathy, a queer Black woman navigating the “homogenous, white male world” of cybersecurity, those effects are only compounded. It was an experience that resonated deeply with Richardson-Sellers. Growing up, she was the scholarship kid in private schools, and, of course, educational establishments don’t get more exclusionary than Oxford. The actor earned a degree in anthropology and archaeology, a kind of secret weapon she uses to enhance her performances. After all, acting, at its core, is about understanding people. Even a show as technically intricate as The Undeclared War taps into something innately human.

Who is Jennifer Tong? Meet the actor who plays Rebecca Li in Netflix series Fakes
Nikita Mahato    Sep 1, 2022
https://www.sportskeeda.com/pop-culture/jennifer-tong-rebecca-li-netflix-s-fakes 

DC's Legends of Tomorrow's Jennifer Tong will play Rebecca "Becca" Li on Netflix's upcoming comedy-drama series Fakes, which is set to premiere on Friday, September 2, 2022, at 3:00 a.m. ET.

Tong will co-star with Emilija Baranac from To All the Boys I've Loved Before and Richard Harmon from The 100.

Fakes follows the turbulent lives of two high school students who unintentionally create one of North America's largest fake ID businesses. The criminal dramedy is a brand-new offering from CBC Gem and Netflix.
Zoe Christensen (Baranac), and Rebecca Li (Tong), two childhood friends, expand their businesses and amass more wealth than they can imagine (because who doesn't need a fake ID, right?). Their good fortune, however, comes to an end when the feds finally bring them down.

ETA: Jennifer Tong played Inez Martin in LoT episode 5.12 (Freaks and Geeks).

Edited by tv echo

Matt's Inside Line: Get Scoop on 9-1-1, Vampire Academy, Justice U, Leverage, Stargirl, The Rookie, L Word and More
By Matt Webb Mitovich / October 4 2022
https://tvline.com/lists/911-season-6-spoilers-buck-married-couple-proposal/the-flash-justice-u-good-trouble/ 

Legends of Tomorrow fan here! Any scoop on Lisseth Chavez’s Rookie debut? –Claire
Chavez first appears this Sunday as Celina, a new rookie whose unconventional approach to police work will pose a unique challenge for her training officer — meaning, Nolan. “I’ve been saying from the very beginning, ‘How do you keep it The Rookie?'” as Nolan graduates to T.O., says showrunner Alexi Hawley. “But he is going to become the oldest rookie training officer, right? And it won’t go great at first. He’ll have a rookie that’s very challenging to him and who will have him on his heels. With any new job, things come at you 100 mph. It’s just different.

Recent podcast interview with Tala Ashe...

The Middle Geeks Episode 48: Tala Ashe on Her Career and the Situation in Iran
December 31, 2022
https://thenerdsofcolor.org/2022/12/31/the-middle-geeks-episode-48-tala-ashe-on-her-career-and-the-situation-in-iran/ 

Like us, you know her, you love her as Zari Tarazi on Legends of Tomorrow, it’s Tala Ashe herself on the podcast! Mae has a riveting conversation with Tala on her life and career, her time as Zari on Legends, what she learned about herself playing the role, her theater roles in the SWANA plays English and The Vagrant Trilogy, and much more!

Edited by tv echo

David Greenspan and Tala Ashe to Star in Sarah Einspanier's Lunch Bunch
Zachary Stewart     February 15, 2023
https://www.theatermania.com/off-broadway/news/david-greenspan-tala-ashe-lunch-bunch-cast_94876.html 

PlayCo has announced the cast and creative team of Sarah Einspanier's Lunch Bunch, which is set to begin performances at 122CC on March 15 for a limited run through April 8. Presented with Clubbed Thumb, Lunch Bunch was originally set for a spring 2020 production, but was delayed due to the pandemic.

It is based on the real-life lunch club set up by a group of public defenders in the Bronx. According to an official description, "Lunch Bunch is a tribute to the sacrifices public servants make every day. The play's characters seek meaning and order in daily culinary minutiae amidst the failures and injustices of the systems threatening their clients' families, as the momentous (the law) projects itself onto the mundane (their lunches)."

Renowned solo performer David Greenspan, who recently completed his run in Joey Merlo's On Set With Theda Bara, will be a part of the ensemble cast. It will also feature Tala Ashe, who was nominated for Drama Desk and Lortel Awards last season for her performance in Sanaz Toossi's English.

Edited by tv echo
(edited)

That Off-Broadway play Tala Ashe was in, English, won the Obie Award for Best New American Play...

Broadway-Bound ‘Fat Ham’ Among Obie Award Recipients – Complete Winners List
By Greg Evans    Feb 24, 2023
https://deadline.com/2023/02/obie-awards-2023-fat-ham-winners-list-1235270102/ 

BEST NEW AMERICAN PLAY

· Sanaz Toossi, English (Atlantic Theater Company, Roundabout Theatre Company)
SPECIAL CITATIONS
· Creative Team and Ensemble of English (The Atlantic Theater, Roundabout Theatre Company) Knud Adams (Directing), Marsha Ginsberg (Set Design), Enver Chakartash (Costume Design), Reza Behjat (Lighting Design), Sinan Refik Zafar (Sound Design) Tala Ashe, Ava Lalezarzadeh, Pooya Mohseni, Marjan Neshat, and Hadi Tabbal (Ensemble)

Edited by tv echo

Jes Macallan guest starred in last night's episode of The Company You Keep (new ABC series) - here's an article about that episode...

The Company You Keep episode 3 recap: Charlie cons a con-man
By Gregory James Wakeman    March 5, 2023
https://www.whattowatch.com/features/the-company-you-keep-episode-3-recap-charlie-cons-a-con-man

When Charlie arrives, he learns that Jones is now going by the name Frankie. He is also tricking the extremely wealthy venture capitalist Martha Pope (Jes Macallan) into buying a horse he doesn't even own. Jones has also tricked Martha into falling in love with him, and he's going to ditch her once the transaction is done. 

(edited)

English, an Off-Broadway Play Starring Legends of Tomorrow's Tala Ashe, Wins a Pulitzer Prize
By RUSS BURLINGAME - May 10, 2023
https://comicbook.com/tv-shows/news/english-an-off-broadway-play-starring-legends-of-tomorrows-tala-ashe-wins-a-pulitzer-prize/ 

Sanaz Toossi, an Iranian-American playwright, won the 2023 Pulitzer Prize for drama for her play English. The show, which was directed by Knud Adams, ran off-Broadway last year, and starred DC's Legends of Tomorrow standout Tala Ashe in the lead role of Elham, a smart and assertive student who butts heads with her English language teacher in an Iranian adult education class. The play has earned praise from critics since it debuted, and was nominated for numerous Drama Desk awards, including one Oustanding Actress in a play for Ashe, Outstanding Play, Outstanding Director of a Play (Knud Adams), Outstanding Scenic Design For a Play (Marsha Ginsberg), and Outstanding Lighting Design For a Play (Reza Behjat).

English won the Lucille Lortel Award for Outstanding Play in 2022, the Obie Award for Best New Play that same year, and Toossi earned the Horton Foote Award from the Dramatists Guild of America. Marjan Neshat, who starred as English teacher Marjan in the play, also earned Drama Desk's Sam Norkin Off-Broadway Award, for her performances in both English and Sylvia Khoury's Selling Kabul.

Edited by tv echo

NCIS: Sydney Casts Legends of Tomorrow Vet, 5 Others — See First Photo From Australian Edition of Hit Franchise
BY MATT WEBB MITOVICH   JUNE 12, 2023
https://tvline.com/casting-news/ncis-sydney-spinoff-cast-olivia-swann-legends-of-tomorrow-first-photo-1234999136/

The NCIS: Sydney team will be led by NCIS Special Agent Michelle Mackey, played by DC’s Legends of Tomorrow alum Olivia Swann, and her 2IC AFP counterpart, Sergeant Jim “JD” Dempsey, played by Todd Lasance (Spartacus: War of the Damned).

(edited)

Dominic Purcell Replaces Late Ray Stevenson In ‘Cassino In Ischia’ Movie From Republic Pictures & Paramount Global
By Andreas Wiseman    June 29, 2023
https://deadline.com/2023/06/dominic-purcell-prison-break-legends-tomorrow-movie-ray-stevenson-cassino-ischia-paramount-italy-1235427064/ 

EXCLUSIVE: Prison Break and Legends Of Tomorrow star Dominic Purcell is replacing the late Ray Stevenson in Paramount and Republic Pictures’ movie Cassino In Ischia, which is now back underway in Italy.

Production came to an abrupt halt in late May after lead actor Stevenson suffered sudden illness and was rushed to hospital where he passed away aged 58.

Purcell takes on the role of Nic Cassino, a former action star who is knocked off his perch by the next generation of action heroes. In an attempt to revive his career, he travels to Italy to make the first ever “Neo-Realist” action film with a down on his luck Italian director. When unresolved family struggles resurface, he is forced to reconcile all he left behind on his road to fame.

Pic is being produced by Martin Scorsese collaborator Barbara DeFina, whose credits with the filmmaker include Silence, Casino, Cape Fear, The Color Of Money, and others.

Edited by tv echo

Obliterated: Nick Zano and Teen Wolf’s Shelley Hennig Get Wasted, Save the World in Netflix Comedy — First Look
BY ANDY SWIFT   AUGUST 28, 2023 
https://tvline.com/previews/obliterated-release-date-netflix-nick-zano-shelley-hennig-1235034304/ 

Die Hard meets The Hangover in Netflix’s new “high octane action-comedy” led by a pair of familiar faces from Teen Wolf and DC’s Legends of Tomorrow.

Hitting the streamer on Thursday, Nov. 30, Obliterated‘s eight-episode first season “tells the story of an elite special forces team who thwarts a deadly threat to Las Vegas. After their celebratory party, filled with booze, drugs and sex, the team discovers that the bomb they deactivated was a fake. The now intoxicated team has to fight through their impairments, overcome their personal issues, find the real bomb, and save the world.”

oblitered-release-date-netflix.jpg 
obliterated-netflix-4.jpg

obliterated-netflix-1-1.jpg

obliterated-netflix-2.jpg

Edited by tv echo

‘Nine Perfect Strangers’ Season 2 Adds Annie Murphy, Christine Baranski, Maisie Richardson-Sellers and Five Others
By BreAnna Bell   Dec 14, 2023
https://variety.com/2023/tv/news/murray-bartlett-christine-baranski-annie-murphy-hulu-nine-perfect-strangers-season-2-1235838836/ 

Murray Bartlett, Annie Murphy, and “The Good Fight” alum Christine Baranski have signed on to star in Season 2 of Hulu‘s “Nine Perfect Strangers” as series regulars along with Dolly De Leon, Maisie Richardson-Sellers, King Princess, Aras Aydin and Lucas Englander.
... Richardson-Sellers will portray Wolfie. Aydin will star as Matteo, and Englander will step into the role of Martin. In her acting debut, musician King Princess will play Tina. Additional character details have yet to be released.

Season 1, which debuted on Hulu in August 2021, followed nine stressed strangers from the city as they venture to a boutique health-and-wellness resort that promises healing and transformation in an attempt to get on a path to a better way of living. Watching over them during this 10-day retreat is the resort’s director, Masha, a woman on a mission to reinvigorate their tired minds and bodies. The series is based on the novel of the same name by Liane Moriarty, who also served as an executive producer on the first season.

Edited by tv echo
(edited)

Brandon Routh and Mena Suvari to Star in Joseph Kahn’s ‘Ick’ From Interstellar Entertainment (EXCLUSIVE)
By Katcy Stephan   Mar 15, 2024
https://variety.com/2024/film/news/brandon-routh-mena-suvarijoseph-kahn-ick-1235943576/ 

Brandon Routh and Mena Suvari will lead the cast of Grammy-winning director Joseph Kahn‘s next film, “Ick.”

The film aims to evoke the timeless creature features of the 1980s with an ambitious arsenal of scares and comedy. Routh (“Superman Returns,” “Scott Pilgrim”) stars as Hank, a high school science teacher who still pines for his childhood sweetheart, played by Suvari (“American Beauty,” “American Pie”). While discovering he may have a teenage daughter, portrayed by Malina Weissman (“Lemony Snicket’s Series of Unfortunate Events”), Hank must grapple with a terrifying alien anomaly (the titular “Ick”) invading their small town.

Tala Ashe, Geneva Carr, Julie Halston, Louis Ozawa, More to Star in Breaking the Story Off-Broadway
BY MARGARET HALL   MARCH 13, 2024
https://playbill.com/article/tala-ashe-geneva-carr-julie-halston-louis-ozawa-more-to-star-in-breaking-the-story-off-broadway 

Alexis Scheer's Breaking the Story, which will receive a world premiere staging Off-Broadway at Second Stage Theater's Tony Kiser Theater later this spring, has announced its complete cast.

Beginning performances May 15, the production, which will be directed by Jo Bonney, will officially open June 4. ....
Breaking the Story centers on a foreign war correspondent named Marina. After returning from a particularly bloody conflict, she considers what a life of peace would look like, and what it would take to move forward from the trauma she has witnessed.

The production will star Tala Ashe (English), Geneva Carr (Bull), Julie Halston (Hairspray, Gypsy), Louis Ozawa (Jack Ryan), Gabrielle Policano (Baby Girl), Matthew Saldívar (Bernhardt/Hamlet), and Maggie Siff (Billions).

Edited by tv echo
(edited)

RETROSPECS 
https://www.elysiantheater.com/shows/retrospecs0421 

Sunday, April 21, 2024
2:00 PM  4:00 PM

Back in the early days of television (the 1990s), writers hoping to break in would write episodes of existing shows; these "spec" scripts were never meant to be produced, only to serve as samples for the aspiring writer. Spec scripts have gone out of fashion, but, in addition to being a great way to learn the craft, they were a lot of fun! You got to see the stamp individual writers put on your favorite shows.

In Retrospecs, we dig those old scripts by established writers out of their drawers and expose them to the warm light of the Elysian stage. Starring actors you know and love from TV, film, comedy, and the stage. From Girls to Gilmore Girls, from the Big Bang Theory to Buffy, get NEW EPISODES of your favorite shows, written by writers who never wrote for those shows! Only from Retrospecs.
The April 21st show will feature: 

The West Wing written by Marc Guggenheim (co-creator of Arrow and Legends of Tomorrow)

The Big Bang Theory by Helen Shang (Hawaii 5-0; 13 Reasons Why

Brandon Routh (Superman Returns)

Katie Cassidy (Arrow)

Olivia Scott Welch (Fear Street)

Kiran Deol (Destroy All Neighbors)

Ricardo Hurtado (School of Rock)

Hrishikesh Hirway (West Wing Weekly; Song Exploder)

Edited by tv echo
(edited)

Caity Lotz and Kyle Schmid Team for Lifetime’s Yoga Teacher Killer (Exclusive)
BY KEISHA HATCHETT   APRIL 15, 2024
https://tvline.com/news/caity-lotz-kyle-schmid-lifetime-movie-yoga-teacher-killer-1235200768/ 

Caity Lotz (Arrow, DC’s Legends of Tomorrow) and Kyle Schmid (Big Sky, Being Human) are quite the deadly pair in an upcoming Lifetime movie about a love triangle gone very wrong, TVLine can exclusively reveal.

The network has greenlit the Ripped from the Headlines film Yoga Teacher Killer: The Kaitlin Armstrong Story — which stars the real-life couple and Larissa Dias (When Calls the Heart) — as part of its summer slate.

Based on true events, the movie centers on a deadly love triangle that led authorities on an international manhunt.
“When pro-cyclist Moriah Wilson (Dias) is found dead after a short-lived affair with fellow professional Colin Strickland (Schmid), all signs point to Texan yoga teacher and Strickland’s on-and-off girlfriend, Kaitlin Armstrong (Lotz),” per the official synopsis. “After being accused of allegedly killing Wilson in a jealous rage, she vanishes into thin air. On the run, Kaitlin alters her appearance in attempts to elude the authorities as they work to track her down, leading them to places that they never expected to find her.”

Edited by tv echo

Brandon Routh is no longer participating in the RetroSpecs Table Read of The West Wing on April 21...

THIRD TIME'S THE CHARM?
LegalDispatch .95

MARC GUGGENHEIM   APR 16, 2024
https://marcguggenheim.substack.com/p/third-times-the-charm 

As I mentioned in a previous Dispatch, writer Ben Blacker is holding one of his “Retrospecs” shows where real actors table read spec scripts written by professional writers before they broke into the business. This Sunday, they’ll be reading the West Wing script that got me my first job in television. I’m grateful that Katie Cassidy (Arrow) and Jason George (Eli Stone) will be among the actors lending their talents.

Arthur Darvill and John Barrowman were at Comic Con North East (Newcastle upon Tyne, UK) the weekend of April 13-14...

Doctor Who Panel | Jenna Coleman, Arthur Darvill & Freema Agyeman | Comic-Con North East 2024
Monopoly Events   posted Apr 21, 2024

Torchwood Panel | Gareth David-Lloyd and John Barrowman | Comic-Con North East 2024
Monopoly Events   posted Apr 21, 2024

Edited by tv echo