Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: Kings and Queens

• Start Topic

I am on my cell phone in cannot figure out how to share a link. But there is a report of an attack and murder being committed at the Sydney Australia center.

I was under the impression that Scientology had been outlawed in Australia.

Thanks iluvobx.

The article I read, from a different source, said that the 16 y/o boy/perp was trying to see his COS mother, which may be the domestic incident they were referring to.  I wonder if this is a case of disconnecting.

If you guys haven't read Mike Rinder's blog you should really check out the 1/5/19 article where he outlines CO$ new attacks on A&E and their extraordinarily twisted account of an encounter at a Doctors office in Florida where CO$ claims they just wanted to talk but he violently beat his ex-wife during the encounter.  Mike explains his ex, their kids and two PI's ambushed and surrounded him and that evidence including a police report states the ex got a scratch on the arm.   I especially enjoyed him pointing out the hypocrisy and so many of their statements.

https://www.mikerindersblog.org/

• Love 7

Does A&E broadcast presidential adresses? There is one scheduled for 9:00 p.m. tonight and I'm sure most channels will be carrying it. Me? I could not care less! I'm just hoping it's not going to interfere with the CO$ Aftermath programming.  Tonight they're going to be talking more about CO$ money collection policies.

How ironic.  I'm sure the presidential address will be about getting billions of dollars, and so will tonight's Aftermath program. I could make all kinds of connections, but........nyah. 

Edited by Skycatcher
  • Love 1
42 minutes ago, Skycatcher said:

Does A&E broadcast presidential adresses? There is one scheduled for 9:00 p.m. tonight and I'm sure most channels will be carrying it. Me? I could not care less! I'm just hoping it's not going to interfere with the CO$ Aftermath programming.  Tonight they're going to be talking more about CO$ money collection policies.

How ironic.  I'm sure the presidential address will be about getting billions of dollars, and so will tonight's Aftermath program. I could make all kinds of connections, but........nyah. 

I was wondering the same thing - I never, ever watch a Presidential address no matter what party, I prefer to read the text of the speech later it takes out the grandstanding, unnecessary applause and inflections meant to shake your emotions (again I feel this way about all politicians no matter what party/ideology they represent).  Honestly I'd prefer these things be limited to news stations so people can tune in or not as they prefer.

But, to get off my soapbox and return to the issue at hand - Selfish as it might sound to some I was very much hoping that A&E is not in the loop for these and we get CO$ as usual with no interruption.  Was planning to watch the show live and rumor is the speech is only 8 minutes but in case A&E does broadcast it and it drags on or they have coverage before and after maybe I'll just set the DVR to record past 10pm or just watch the show on demand tomorrow.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, sigmaforce86 said:

I never, ever watch a Presidential address no matter what party, I prefer to read the text of the speech later it takes out the grandstanding, unnecessary applause and inflections meant to shake your emotions (again I feel this way about all politicians no matter what party/ideology they 

in case A&E does broadcast it and it drags on or they have coverage before and after

Don't forget the pundits following these broadcasts who have to tell us what we just heard and interpret it all for us. 

I'm with you. I would rather read the content. 

Personally I believe all politicians are in one way or another tainted. By the time you been elected dogcatcher you have sold your soul to somebody, and cannot be trusted.  

• Love 4
3 hours ago, Skycatcher said:

Usually only the cable news channels and over-the-air broadcast networks carry presidential addresses. Run-of-the-mill cable networks like A&E, TNT, TBS, etc. typically don't carry these.

• Love 1
7 hours ago, Skycatcher said:

No.  Only the four NON cable networks (CBS, NBC, ABC and FOX) are semi-required to carry it though the three cable "news" networks (CNN, MSNBC and FOX "so-called news") will as well of course.  PBS may or may not, don't know about them yet.  And I say semi-required because they could technically under the law refuse but then they would get sucked into a political storm and attacked if they refused. 

I would like to think (obviously don't) the timing opposite Leah was arranged by CO$ to try to cut into her ratings though because I too can see similar style connections too, heh.

Edited by green
  • Love 1

I saw an ad for a show called Ministry of Evil  today. It’s about the cult headed by Tony Alamo. Sundance TV is going to air a four part mini-series about it starting February 27. Their ad says it’s “more fanatical than Jim Jones, more secretive than Scientology, more controlling than Charles Manson.”  I don’t get Sundance and I really wish I did because I would like to see this. Alamo’s base was in my home state, Arkansas, and growing up I remember vaguely hearing about him and run-ins with the law, but as a kid I didn’t really pay attention. I thought y’all, my fellow watchers, might enjoy seeing it if you get the channel. 

Edited by ramble

LOL, there’s a $camatology gag in the latest episode of Black Monday:

Tiffany is distraught over the potential end of her high-profile engagement and says she “tried to talk to [her] pastor but she’s only an Operating Thetan IV and it would be another $100 grand.” (paraphrasing)

• LOL 1

So, we have been spring breaking in the Tampa area this past week, and I took my kiddo to Clearwater Beach for the day.  OMG, driving thru downtown Clearwater was spooky.  And there are A LOT of stop lights (or so it seemed).  I really wanted to roll down my windows and holler “WHERE’S SHELLY???” when I was stopped at the Flag intersection.  But alas, I was honestly afraid of what could happen.   I saw one girl dressed in the uniform crossing the street.  It was all so strange, very creepy!   And for the rest of the day we spent at the beach I kept wondering how many Scienos I was surrounded by....😳

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

I’m at a production of Godspell tonight and it freaked me out to see L. Ron Hubbard and Marianne Williamson in the cast of characters—they weren’t in it when I was in the show (whispering) 40 ytearsears ago!

Edited by magpye29
Tears and tears are not the same thing!
  • LOL 2

I haven't encountered a Scientologist handing out leaflets since the 1970s when I visited LA. Today, I was walking in my dinky city's downtown and a man held out a paper to me. Something  made me leery even before that, so I looked down and saw that it was for Scientology (well, it said L. Ron Hubbard, but...). I made a scoffing noise and said, "Leah Remini and MIke Rinder say "hi!" 

• LOL 10
  • Love 7

Did you guys know that Michelle Pfeiffer was apparently a member of a cult early in her career?  The Breatharians.  I mean, I know cults brainwash their victims slowly, but wouldn't you back out of a group that claims you can just live on air and sunlight?

That Time Michelle Pfeiffer Accidentally Joined a Cult and the Truth About Twinkies

(Also, as an aside, could anyone teach me how to insert YouTube clips and tweets in my posts? I wanted to just insert the video, but I still can't figure it out, so I just added a link to the video instead.)

Edited by piccadilly83
2 hours ago, piccadilly83 said:

Did you guys know that Michelle Pfeiffer was apparently a member of a cult early in her career?  The Breatharians.  I mean, I know cults brainwash their victims slowly, but wouldn't you back out of a group that claims you can just live on air and sunlight?

That Time Michelle Pfeiffer Accidentally Joined a Cult and the Truth About Twinkies

(Also, as an aside, could anyone teach me how to insert YouTube clips and tweets in my posts? I wanted to just insert the video, but I still can't figure it out, so I just added a link to the video instead.)

Just paste the actual link in the post and the forum will automatically embed it for you. I banged my head against the wall trying to figure out how to embed before I realized this, LOL.

Example: When I pasted the link https://youtu.be/SFZ5FbUmH7M into this post, the site automatically embedded the video below. (Until I hit the “paste as link instead” button to show you the actual text.)

4 hours ago, link417 said:

Just paste the actual link in the post and the forum will automatically embed it for you. I banged my head against the wall trying to figure out how to embed before I realized this, LOL.

Example: When I pasted the link https://youtu.be/SFZ5FbUmH7M into this post, the site automatically embedded the video below. (Until I hit the “paste as link instead” button to show you the actual text.)

Lol, that's wild. I never would have thought of that.  Thanks link417.

• Love 1