Type keyword(s) to search

Leah Remini: Courageous or Foolhardy

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, sigmaforce86 said:

I don't think Cruise is the heir apparent, I think he is and always will be the patsy kept in the dark and coddled with COS left hand stroking his ego while COS right hand is firmly rummaging around in his pocket to make sure they have full access to his wallet.  I get the feeling (possibly colored by having just read Leah's book) that Tom is a bit of a mental child; smart enough about some things but not nearly savvy or emotionally mature enough to run COS.   It is an interesting dynamic though - it's possible Davey won't be gone for 30 years or so and maybe (maybe) in 20 years or more he might think about grooming someone in his upper circle to take over.  But he seems more like the type to never fully trust anyone else and never let his power and control slip out of his hands for a second.  There are a LOT of words I think we could apply to Davey, ego-maniacal dictator, narcissus, tyrant, sadistic bully  (maybe we could just go with asshole?).  But even if he won't give up an inch of power right until the end Davey has already changed the culture of COS and the sad thing history shows is there's always another power hungry nut in the wings biding their time.  Somebody in his upper circle is just as sadistic as he is and that somebody is going to keep close enough to him and in his good graces long enough to slip in and take over just like Davey did when LRH died.

PS:  All this take over talk assumes COS will be here to need a leader!  Best case scenario is they lose their tax exempt status or even better fall apart completely!

I enjoyed reading your assessment of DM & TC very much. You make some excellent observations and you have some excellent conclusions. IMHO, you made a great post.

• Love 5

I supposed that I shouldn't have been surprised when Leah said that Elizabeth Moss got up and left the room when Leah received her award.  Leah understood it and said that it was expected.  To be in good standing, you can't condone people who speak out against the COS.  Hard to believe how much I used to really ADMIRE Moss and now how much I dislike her.  

• Love 10
On 12/6/2016 at 1:07 PM, zxy556575 said:

Other actors who are more low key about being Scientologists: Jenna Elfman, Juliette Lewis, Elisabeth Moss, Laura Prepon, Danny Masterson, Giovanni Ribisi, Catherine Bell, Nancy Cartwright. That's a lot of boycotting for me!

I think Mimi Rogers -- she who has Much to Answer For -- has left the church.

The one that shocked me was Greta van Sustern. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I supposed that I shouldn't have been surprised when Leah said that Elizabeth Moss got up and left the room when Leah received her award.  Leah understood it and said that it was expected.  To be in good standing, you can't condone people who speak out against the COS.  Hard to believe how much I used to really ADMIRE Moss and now how much I dislike her.  

I won't go near Handmaid's Tale because of her. Its a shame because it looks really interesting. 

• Love 11
6 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

I won't go near Handmaid's Tale because of her. Its a shame because it looks really interesting. 

You got that right.  I know, that she knows and continues to stay in it.  It distracts me so much, that I couldn't enjoy the show.  Perhaps, it's a good thing that I didn't realize she was COS when I watched Mad Men.  I loved that show and was a very devoted fan.  Oh well......

• Love 6
2 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

You got that right.  I know, that she knows and continues to stay in it.  It distracts me so much, that I couldn't enjoy the show.  Perhaps, it's a good thing that I didn't realize she was COS when I watched Mad Men.  I loved that show and was a very devoted fan.  Oh well......

I never watched that but was aware of it. I just can't support people who are in that cult. I knew Leah was in it when she was on King of Queens. I loved the show and loved her. I always felt she was smarter than to be in the crap. When she left the cult I was thrilled! 

Edited by libgirl2
  • Love 4

Yeah, I believe everyone has a right to worship the way they want, but, when innocent people are being exploited, hurt, and messed with in criminal ways, it goes too far and becomes our business....and law enforcement.  Why the FBI is not involved is beyond me. 

• Love 7
On 12/18/2018 at 5:28 AM, sigmaforce86 said:

I don't think Cruise is the heir apparent, I think he is and always will be the patsy kept in the dark and coddled with COS left hand stroking his ego while COS right hand is firmly rummaging around in his pocket to make sure they have full access to his wallet.  I get the feeling (possibly colored by having just read Leah's book) that Tom is a bit of a mental child; smart enough about some things but not nearly savvy or emotionally mature enough to run COS.   It is an interesting dynamic though - it's possible Davey won't be gone for 30 years or so and maybe (maybe) in 20 years or more he might think about grooming someone in his upper circle to take over.  But he seems more like the type to never fully trust anyone else and never let his power and control slip out of his hands for a second.  There are a LOT of words I think we could apply to Davey, ego-maniacal dictator, narcissus, tyrant, sadistic bully  (maybe we could just go with asshole?).  But even if he won't give up an inch of power right until the end Davey has already changed the culture of COS and the sad thing history shows is there's always another power hungry nut in the wings biding their time.  Somebody in his upper circle is just as sadistic as he is and that somebody is going to keep close enough to him and in his good graces long enough to slip in and take over just like Davey did when LRH died.

PS:  All this take over talk assumes COS will be here to need a leader!  Best case scenario is they lose their tax exempt status or even better fall apart completely!

I agree. I think there are several guys internally that remain in the fold that would step in. One is the guy who left, renounced Scientology, was featured in the movie "My Scientology Movie" then returned to the cult after Leah's show came out and denounced her and Mike (I can remember all of those details but can't remember his name - yeesh!!!). Another is the guy who was spokesperson after Mike, with the famous mother. I'm sure there are a couple more that haven't been highlighted. One thing I did hear was that many ex's don't like to mention who might be positioning for power because if it get back to Miss Cabbage it would result in that person being targeted.

• Love 1
47 minutes ago, Rlb8031 said:

One is the guy who left, renounced Scientology, was featured in the movie "My Scientology Movie" then returned to the cult after Leah's show came out and denounced her and Mike (I can remember all of those details but can't remember his name - yeesh!!!). 

Marty Rathbun is who you are thinking about. I don't know if he is high enough yet in the organization after coming back to actually take the reigns should Miss Cabbage have a grabber or some other thing befall him.

Edited by italianguy626
  • Love 1

Press coverage of the release of their new movie mentions that Jennifer Lopez and Leah Remini have been best friends since before Lopez married Marc Anthony.  Imagine the pressure on Remini to bring Lopez into CO$!   That would have been a mega - get.

ETA:   My copy of "Troublemaker" should come from Amazon today.  I know Remini has, in interviews,  mentioned the pressure on her to bring her "King of Queens" co-star into the organization so maybe she'll talk about all that. Can't wait to get the book!

Edited by Skycatcher
7 hours ago, Skycatcher said:

Press coverage of the release of their new movie mentions that Jennifer Lopez and Leah Remini have been best friends since before Lopez married Marc Anthony.  Imagine the pressure on Remini to bring Lopez into CO$!   That would have been a mega - get.

Leah mentions that in the book.  Really fascinating.

• Love 2
58 minutes ago, Lugal said:

Leah mentions that in the book.  Really fascinating.

Especially the part about how the church tried at the wedding to seat Leah and JLo at different tables not near each other, even though Leah was the entire reason JLo was there, as the church used Leah to invite JLo.

• Love 4

I  received  the book in the mail this morning and have read it already (very fast reader). It was excellent. I really recommend it.

It was really funny at the wedding (Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes) how badly the CO$ gremlins wanted to get to Jennifer Lopez and Leah kept blocking them, mostly unintentionally. She just wanted to hang with her buddy.  She got into a lot of trouble for that.

Edited by Skycatcher
  • Love 5

In her book, "Troublemaker," published in 2015,  Remini States that there are 35000 members of CO$ world wide.  That's not even a drop in the bucket so how come it's so powerful? Of course we're seeing how it works with Remini and Rinders work. But it still somewhat incredible that such a small group has such power and seems immune to organizations like the IRS, the FBI and the LAPD.

• Love 6

It’s not the members. It’s the ‘moolah’ from which their power, control and influence come.

Oh yah and the fact they own a lot of lawyers....along with the absence of honour, the accepted endless and infinite greed in the world  - the threatening and buying of all forms law enforcement and the IRS  they can rule the planet and they know it.

Edited by Dahlia
Punctuation sort of
  • Love 5
6 hours ago, Dahlia said:

It’s not the members. It’s the ‘moolah’ from which their power, control and influence come.

Oh yah and the fact they own a lot of lawyers....along with the absence of honour, the accepted endless and infinite greed in the world  - the threatening and buying of all forms law enforcement and the IRS  they can rule the planet and they know it.

Also add to this that so many of their followers are brain-washed fanatics willing to "fair game" people endlessly.  It doesn't take many fanatics to make the world miserable.  Just look at ISIS.  They are an equally small group as well.

• Love 6

So many things - so very difficult to understand. Whatever this thing may be - a cult, a scam, a business, a corporation, a church, a religion, an evil empire, a suicidal trap, a path to impoverishment and misery. So many possible definitions - all of which I have seen supported by fervent believers. It becomes very difficult to claim that any of these labels are wrong. However, the one label that seems to persist beyond most other is "evil". An "evil organization that harms large numbers of people and has little or no compassion for anyone who wants out of this madness.

I am truly sorry that I ever had anything to do with these monsters and  I believe they now all do belong in prison. Not only for mental abuse of their members but for their physical abuse in causing them to hand over most all their money and to go into terrible crushing debt that they can never hope to repay in order to pre-pay for the most ridiculous "courses" that are fundamentally worthless and even dangerous and harmful.

This is one organization to which people should "Just say No", turn around, and flee. Flee like a fart into the wind. There is  no good that can come from any association with these Brain Washing Bandits  - except for the people who wind up with all of your life savings in their hands. Everyone else associated with this dreadful monstrosity comes out losing most everything they ever had and valued. Be warned! This cult is a certain road to ruination. Stay away! Stay away! Stay away!

• Love 3

I was a teen when the Dianetics came out.  My mom and I butt heads a bit.  When I mentioned that I might pick up the book, it sounded worth checking out (or so I thought). My mother went ballistic (she does not do that often). Freaked me out so I never bought it.  I called her specifically to thank her for that 

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
On ‎2‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 7:34 PM, blondiek237 said:

I was a teen when the Dianetics came out.  My mom and I butt heads a bit.  When I mentioned that I might pick up the book, it sounded worth checking out (or so I thought). My mother went ballistic (she does not do that often). Freaked me out so I never bought it.  I called her specifically to thank her for that 

My mom saw the commercials and said it sounded interesting.  She mentioned it at the bookstore at the mall, and the woman there told mom that Hubbard was a crappy science fiction writer, and she'd steer clear of the book.  Mom listened.

• LOL 3
  • Love 3

One of my parents picked up a copy when I was a kid, but it must have made zero impact because no one ever talked about it.  I only know because I saw it in the bathroom reading material.  Kind of the perfect place on it.

Years later I asked my mom and she said she picked up a copy but could never make any sense of it.

• Love 1
On 12/24/2018 at 6:44 AM, Skycatcher said:

In her book, "Troublemaker," published in 2015,  Remini States that there are 35000 members of CO$ world wide.  That's not even a drop in the bucket so how come it's so powerful? ................But it still somewhat incredible that such a small group has such power and seems immune to organizations like the IRS, the FBI and the LAPD.

On 12/25/2018 at 2:06 PM, Dahlia said:

the threatening and buying of all forms law enforcement and the IRS  they can rule the planet and they know it.

On 2/12/2019 at 1:54 PM, MisterBluxom said:

An "evil organization that harms large numbers of people and has little or no compassion for anyone who wants out of this madness.

I've said it before and I'll say it again:  Scientology's power is way out of proportion to its actual membership base.  Their smarts/cleverness is way out of proportion to its actual membership base.  Their dirty tricks are world class as far as effectiveness and deviousness and I suspect we only know the tip of the iceberg.  My conspiracy-theory brain goes to Russia--hear me out!:

What better way to "test market" your theories and control methods against the western world, than by  doing it right under our noses?  They did it with great success on social media.  I would not be surprised if they infiltrated Scientology years ago and have acted with impunity under the guise of a religion.  They've set up honey-traps, all kinds of powerful blackmail situations, they control local law enforcement and have influenced the IRS.  The ripples of Scientology damage spread much wider than one or two degrees of separation.

I really believe what they do is beyond the capabilities of a few thousand brainwashed culties and that there is much more powerful, much more nefarious powers at work.  Those nefarious powers are not doing it for the sake of Scientology, they are doing it as part of a wider experiment into influencing western democracy.  I just can't come up for an explanation for Scientology's power and influence otherwise.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Mrs peel said:

Sounds like CO$ is trying to claim that the delayed episodes are Leah’s fault (for demanding more money).  Pretty ironic from them.

in RE; the delayed Danny Masterson show. To give A&E the benefit of the doubt, it may be that there is too much legal exposure associated with it? 

• Love 1
20 hours ago, MamaMax said:

in RE; the delayed Danny Masterson show. To give A&E the benefit of the doubt, it may be that there is too much legal exposure associated with it? 

That could be, But as long as they state the “innocent until proven guilty” line they should be safe.  Heck, they have had multiple people state that ms. Cabbage beat up numerous people, that’s a crime.

• Love 1
On 2/15/2019 at 1:55 PM, Lugal said:

One of my parents picked up a copy when I was a kid, but it must have made zero impact because no one ever talked about it.  I only know because I saw it in the bathroom reading material.  Kind of the perfect place on it.

Years later I asked my mom and she said she picked up a copy but could never make any sense of it.

I bought a copy back in the 70s. It made zero sense to me. 

• Love 1
On 2/15/2019 at 1:55 PM, Lugal said:

IMO, one possible explanation for why so many people buy this book - aside from the relentless pressure by the cult members - is that people are loathe to admit they can't make any sense out of it and so they pretend to understand it and tell others how wonderful it is.

Meanwhile, it really is a bunch of gobbledy-gook and no one really understands it and the myth continues to be propogated. But with any luck, this monstrous evil should collapse sooner than later.

I've heard it said by people in the know that this Scam had to purchase all this real estate in order to keep their Tax Exempt Status. But now they have a huge problem. They can't afford to pay the property tax on all these empty buildings. They have no money coming in. But they still must find a way to pay the property tax. This could well be a recipe for their demise. I certainly hope so.

• Love 1
On 2/16/2019 at 12:48 PM, Mrs peel said:

That could be, But as long as they state the “innocent until proven guilty” line they should be safe.  Heck, they have had multiple people state that ms. Cabbage beat up numerous people, that’s a crime.

You would certainly think it is a crime. Most every person in their right mind would think it was a crime.

But, the truth is they may be able to get away with it by calling it part of their religious practice. They could call it something else ... maybe Corrective Applied Therapy ... or some such horseshit. Then, they could claim it was a religious practice and the victims agreed to it.

16 minutes ago, MisterBluxom said:

I've heard it said by people in the know that this Scam had to purchase all this real estate in order to keep their Tax Exempt Status. But now they have a huge problem. They can't afford to pay the property tax on all these empty buildings. They have no money coming in. But they still must find a way to pay the property tax. This could well be a recipe for their demise. I certainly hope so.

However, in the USA, churches and other places of worship are exempt from property taxes on property used for their religious purpose. Other property owned by the church may be subject to property tax.  So they could only possibly owe property tax on any buildings that they aren't claiming have a religious purpose and how many are those?

2 minutes ago, MisterBluxom said:

IMO, one possible explanation for why so many people buy this book - aside from the relentless pressure by the cult members - is that people are loathe to admit they can't make any sense out of it and so they pretend to understand it and tell others how wonderful it is.

I'm not sure.  This would have been back in the 80s when they had the "volcano ad" airing all the time.  I remember getting home from school and watching afternoon cartoons and seeing that ad several times in an afternoon.  They would have been buying a hell of a lot of airtime if the ad showed up during kid's cartoons.  I think back then they just saturated with ads, more than a few people saw it, picked up the book and discovered that it was gobblygook and the book goes in the toilet reading pile, the giveaway box, or the trash.  Sales numbers don't necessarily translate to people reading and absorbing the book.

On 2/16/2019 at 10:48 AM, Mrs peel said:

Heck, they have had multiple people state that ms. Cabbage beat up numerous people, that’s a crime.

The problem is for almost everyone that's out of the CO$, the statute of limitations for assault has probably expired and for the ones that are still in, they all simply deny that it happened.  Like a sad version of the Skidmore Town Bully case, if no one says anything, they can't do anything.

• Love 2
On 2/21/2019 at 8:23 PM, Absolom said:

However, in the USA, churches and other places of worship are exempt from property taxes on property used for their religious purpose. Other property owned by the church may be subject to property tax.  So they could only possibly owe property tax on any buildings that they aren't claiming have a religious purpose and how many are those?

^^^^This. If you looked at some of the posts from the episodes on Clearwater, the Co$ pays a fraction of the total tax its assessed. The vast majority of the property in downtown they pay little to nothing for taxes on. 

• Love 1

I just started watching this on Hulu. I thought I would hate it but I am actually finding it very interesting. I had no idea of who Leah Remini was. I probably saw her through the years but not really into the TV shows she was in. 

As for the show, I hope more people watch it. And I also hope that more people make the connections with other religions that can be as cultist as Scientology. I have a family member who is an evangelical pastor and I can't even talk tho them anymore. The whole family, including the young children, are brain washed to believe in ignorant explanations for things they don't support, while ignoring the very clear facts of abuses of people they do.

When Leah talks about how the church of scientology preaches things they violate all the time, the image it comes to my mind is of these family members being the arrogant beings, full of superiority, giving the rest of us the bible quotes while supporting all the oppression right in front of them.

• Love 7
15 hours ago, DXD526 said:

Here’s another link about it.  Man, best of luck to Leah.  She’s so brave.  I really hope this action helps bring justice and reveals the truth.  

https://www.tmz.com/2023/08/02/leah-remini-sues-church-of-scientology-stalking-invasion-privacy-harassment-retaliation/

• Like 6
  • Useful 1

Her actions definitely speak to the title of this thread. Courageous or foolhardy? Maybe both. Courageous, though, absolutely. Good luck to her, taking on a cult leader. 

• Like 5