Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E06: The Adversary

Tara Ariano
  • Start Topic

32 minutes ago, Kokapetl said:

How sloppy must the whole operation be if a family of 5, plus their house, exists for 30 years and nobody noticed

Indeed! And yet, for me, quite believable. I've worked at a large company, one that involved secret projects. We all learned to get our own jobs done and not ask many questions. If that area was marked as "off limits," and nothing showed up on the current computer system to indicate anything was happening out there, I can believe that no one risked their job by wandering out there to look around. 

Same for Maeve's trip upstairs. I think it was risky, but maybe Felix was ready with a cover story, or was counting on being around other low-level workers just trying to do their jobs and finish their shifts.

We've even seen how, when Elsie starts asking questions, she gets a patronizing lecture from her boss. They seem to have a culture of "just do your work and don't look up."

• Love 6
15 hours ago, DarkRaichu said:

In case anyone missed Bernard's pad, Dolores was one of the older model designed by Arnold.  

Well, the voices can only be heard by older model? Was the host that killed other hosts for revenge while drinking milk an older model too or was it a retcon?

So Theodore Flood was one of Arnold's in the past live.  I was more interested in following Teddy's backstory than the oodles of dumb people in this episode :P 

Or...Teddy is adopting one of Ford's, maybe? Was it said definitively that his backstory is either one of theirs?

Like others here have said, I didn't miss William and Dolores in this ep at all. This episode was really engaging and intense, and I loved it. If I'm being extra honest, I find the William/Dolores stuff to be kinda dull, actually. I can't put my finger on why...it's probably because I find them as characters kinda dull?? I'm way more interested in Maeve, Teddy, MiB and Ford these days. 

Edited by Viv

Why would (possibly) Theresa need to smuggle data out of the park via an in-park host? She's an executive who could probably have just put the transmitter out on the roof deck where she has unlimited access already, and doing that would have avoided having to perform this particular unauthorized surgery on the host. So she must need data that's not available from the Mesa base. But what could that even be? The Control room has the power to surveil anything in the park.

And why put the transmitter in the woodcutter? His path goes near a mountain, which apparently is helpful for satellite communication, but it means he has much less interaction with guests than any random Sweetwater host. So it's information that's not available from the base and yet not specific information about guests in the park either.

Edited by arc
  • Love 1
14 minutes ago, SoothingDave said:

Elsie's shaming of the other technician for having sex seems to argue against that proposition.  That's how she blackmailed him into letting her examine the woodcutter.

Not necessarily. She knew about it, but didn't do anything until it served her purpose. In this episode, it was mentioned  that workers were able to have sex with the hosts, and then erase the record of it. The necro guy didn't think, for some reason, that what he did was being logged.

28 minutes ago, Uncle JUICE said:

Like why wouldn't you have built something into the hosts that immediately notifies a monitor team of departure from approved script / loop?

They have those.  Control received an alert as soon as Dolores ran away / went off script in ep 3 and she was flagged for retrieval as the result.

The plot hole is in how noone in Control noticed Meave being gone for that long.  She was the madame of the saloon, so her presence there was required  most of the time.  It was established early on that her repair job was often rushed (which lead to infection and bullet in her abdomen). 

Since she died VERY early in the morning, how come nobody ordered expedited repair job and checked on her status say every 1/2 an hour??

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, SoothingDave said:

Why do you think Teddy was "one of Arnold's?"

Oh, I don't know. I don't know anything really, which is why I posed it to the OP as to why he/she believes it's one of Arnold's backstories. I wasn't sure if maybe I missed something. We do know that Teddy's new backstory is rooted in truth, according to Ford, and it seems to tell a tale of two friends who ended up as enemies, and the way it's been shown so far (even if the memories are fake) that it was Wyatt who went nuts, not Teddy. If that's true, then Teddy is playing "Ford" in this narrative. But...we know Teddy is an unreliable as a narrator (including what he tells MiB about Wyatt), so I could see a twist in which Teddy is the one that initiated and led the massacre, and is the "Arnold" figure, not Wyatt.

What do you think?

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, arc said:

Why would (possibly) Theresa need to smuggle data out of the park via an in-park host? She's an executive who could probably have just put the transmitter out on the roof deck where she has unlimited access already, and doing that would have avoided having to perform this particular unauthorized surgery on the host. So she must need data that's not available from the Mesa base. But what could that even be? The Control room has the power to surveil anything in the park.

And why put the transmitter in the woodcutter? His path goes near a mountain, which apparently is helpful for satellite communication, but it means he has much less interaction with guests than any random Sweetwater host. So it's information that's not available from the base and yet not specific information about guests in the park either.

I thought that Theresa was sending the data to the woodcutter, who then sent it to the satellite. I have to watch again to verify that.

2 minutes ago, DarkRaichu said:

They have those.  Control received an alert as soon as Dolores ran away / went off script in ep 3 and she was flagged for retrieval as the result.

The plot hole is in how noone in Control noticed Meave being gone for that long.  She was the madame of the saloon, so her presence there was required  most of the time.  It was established early on that her repair job was often rushed (which lead to infection and bullet in her abdomen). 

Since she died VERY early in the morning, how come nobody ordered expedited repair job and checked on her status say every 1/2 an hour??

Maeve wouldn't be considered to be out of her loop as long as she was  in maintenance. The upper staff wouldn't know the extent of her need for repairs and, even though she's the Madam, she is not an essential character.

• Love 2
10 minutes ago, Gobi said:

Not necessarily. She knew about it, but didn't do anything until it served her purpose. In this episode, it was mentioned  that workers were able to have sex with the hosts, and then erase the record of it. The necro guy didn't think, for some reason, that what he did was being logged.

I don't remember any mention of being able to erase the records.  

9 minutes ago, DarkRaichu said:

The plot hole is in how noone in Control noticed Meave being gone for that long.

But Maeve wasn't off loop, she was in maintenance/repair. She's getting killed maybe a bit more frequently than normal, but that's not a major deviation from her stats.

8 minutes ago, Gobi said:

I thought that Theresa was sending the data to the woodcutter, who then sent it to the satellite. I have to watch again to verify that.

Mmmmaybe, but I thought Elsie said the thing was a transmitter. So the woodcutter would need some other way to receive the data. And again, if Theresa could get the data on her own, she could have just transmitted it herself by going up to the roof, which seems easily as high in the sky as the mountains of the park.

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, Gobi said:

Maeve wouldn't be considered to be out of her loop as long as she was  in maintenance. The upper staff wouldn't know the extent of her need for repairs and, even though she's the Madam, she is not an essential character.

5 minutes ago, arc said:

But Maeve wasn't off loop, she was in maintenance/repair. She's getting killed maybe a bit more frequently than normal, but that's not a major deviation from her stats.

In ep4, she was needed back ASAP, which lead to a rush clean up that left a bullet left in her abdomen.  Was that a special occasion?  If not, why wouldn't someone in Control check up on her repair status every 1/2 hour?  She seemed to be out for an extended amount of time, just judging by the number escalators they had to ride for the tour :)

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, DarkRaichu said:

In ep4, she was needed back ASAP, which lead to a rush clean up that left a bullet left in her abdomen.  Was that a special occasion?  If not, why wouldn't someone in Control check up on her repair status every 1/2 hour?  She seemed to be out for an extended amount of time, just judging by the number escalators they had to ride for the tour :)

Maybe it was night?  During the day, when guests are about the park, she may be killed and repaired numerous times in quick fashion.  If this was her final "death" of the day, the pace and monitoring maybe more leisurely.

• Love 2
16 minutes ago, SoothingDave said:

I don't remember any mention of being able to erase the records.  

It was when Maeve was convincing Felix and Sylvester that they could alter her stats without being found out. Felix had told her about it.

Just now, Gobi said:

It was when Maeve was convincing Felix and Sylvester that they could alter her stats without being found out. Felix had told her about it.

OK.  I thought you meant the other scene with Elsie and the "necro perv" technician.  He definitely didn't know anything about anything.

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, SoothingDave said:

OK.  I thought you meant the other scene with Elsie and the "necro perv" technician.  He definitely didn't know anything about anything.

Thanks,  saved me a lot of typing to copy the script!

11 minutes ago, SoothingDave said:

Maybe it was night?  During the day, when guests are about the park, she may be killed and repaired numerous times in quick fashion.  If this was her final "death" of the day, the pace and monitoring maybe more leisurely.

It was in the morning.  She woke up, went to the saloon, noticed the guest, lead him to a room, and was choked.  

Unless that was just one of those "clever editings" from the showrunner ;)

ETA: also, the people upstairs were busy working which suggested day time

Edited by DarkRaichu
  • Love 1
22 minutes ago, arc said:

Mmmmaybe, but I thought Elsie said the thing was a transmitter. So the woodcutter would need some other way to receive the data. And again, if Theresa could get the data on her own, she could have just transmitted it herself by going up to the roof, which seems easily as high in the sky as the mountains of the park.

I thought Theresa was using that transmitter to send the data to the woodcutter, I could be wrong. The only reason I can think of for why she wouldn't just go to the roof and do it herself, would be fear of being caught.

Just now, DarkRaichu said:

It was in the morning.  She woke up, went to the saloon, noticed the guest, lead him to a room, and was choked.  

Unless that was just one of those "clever editings" from the showrunner ;)

It's not clear how often Maeve has been killed and revived in order to meet with Felix. In this episode, whatever had transpired when she had the bird on her finger, at the end of the previous episode, was past. How many times since then she has been killed/revived I do not  know. My gut feeling was that it was several times.

• Love 4
12 minutes ago, Gobi said:

I thought Theresa was using that transmitter to send the data to the woodcutter, I could be wrong. The only reason I can think of for why she wouldn't just go to the roof and do it herself, would be fear of being caught.

The transmitter in the theater was used to both send message out via the woodcutter and send the behavior modifications to older hosts.  The transmitter was old technology which was not tracked by the newer system.  

Also, if she did it herself, it would have taken away her fun time with Bernard.  She was already busy enough with running QA and sabotage the older hosts on the side ;)

• Love 1

I'm tired of Lee Sizemore.  I don't find his neurotic fits entertaining in the least.  When he literally pissed all over the people in the control room, why wasn't he fired immediately?  How many days have passed since his "Odyssey on Red River" plans were rejected by Ford?  Has he been drunk and not working ever since?  Why are they tolerating him?  It's obvious that Ford is the one who controls the overall narrative.

• Love 15

The only reason I can think of for why they would keep Sizemore on, is that Delos (or whoever Theresa is communicating with) wants to force Ford out, and are keeping Sizemore on to write the narratives.

• Love 3
10 minutes ago, Gobi said:

The only reason I can think of for why they would keep Sizemore on, is that Delos (or whoever Theresa is communicating with) wants to force Ford out, and are keeping Sizemore on to write the narratives.

Even though he is an arrogant dick, Sizemore seems to be the kind of person who can develop a grand storyline while pay attention to meticulous details. These are needed to maintain how ever many thousands narratives currently ongoing

Edited by DarkRaichu
  • Love 3
16 minutes ago, DarkRaichu said:

Even though he is an arrogant dick, Sizemore seems to be the kind of person who can develop a grand storyline while pay attention to meticulous details. These are needed to maintain how ever many thousands narratives currently ongoing

Maybe even more necessary now, because Ford's narrative is interrupting ongoing stories. Easier to keep someone on who has experience, than to train someone new.

• Love 3
54 minutes ago, DarkRaichu said:

The transmitter in the theater was used to both send message out via the woodcutter and send the behavior modifications to older hosts.  The transmitter was old technology which was not tracked by the newer system.  

Right, yes, but if she has a laser satellite uplink, she shouldn't need to go HQ data -> park theater transmitter -> woodcutter stray -> satellite uplink. The middle two parts of that chain could be cut out altogether.

1 hour ago, Gobi said:

I guessssssssss. But plopping a well-hidden transmitter down still seems easier to me than cutting open a host's forearm and adding a new device, which also meant she needed a co-conspirator down in Livestock or Behavior or maybe both. I doubt she did the surgery and reprogramming herself.

Edited by arc
  • Love 1

My impression of the Meave/Felix walk is nobody noticed them because he's walking behind her looking at his tablet.  If his job is maintainence and he's walking around looking at his tablet while following Meave he can say she has an occasional glitch that he might be checking for like a car that makes a funny noise when overheating etc.  He looks like he's working and if nobody has any reason to suspect anything else there's nothing to worry about.  I am enjoying this show so much Thandie Newton was a revelation this week I'm enjoying her more and more she was so scary hot.  Anthony  Hopkins also brought the scary hot there is so much underlying menace this week I do not trust anybody.  

• Love 10
3 hours ago, Gobi said:
7 hours ago, numbnut said:

How so?

Nothing Bernard did was consistent with him being Arnold or a robot, and much was inconsistent. If he's Arnold, he wouldn't have been surprised by seeing Ford's robo-family; he would know all about them, he would have already known they were there. Similarly, he could have stopped the father dead in his tracks if Arnold has the access to the old hosts he is supposed to have. If he was just a robot made by Ford, Ford would  have no need to explain anything about robo-family. He could upload the info, if it mattered, or just order Bernard to erase the encounter. 

I was just asking how the Bernard = robot theory was disproved. (I don't think Bernard is Arnold.) I think Bernard doesn't know that he's a robot (like Rachel in Blade Runner) so he would react to Ford's family and other circumstances like a human.

• Love 4
1 minute ago, arc said:

Right, yes, but if she has a laser satellite uplink, she shouldn't need to go HQ data -> park theater transmitter -> woodcutter stray -> satellite uplink. The middle two of those parts could be cut out altogether.

Possible deniability since the host roams around the park while she is pretty much located at the building except for special occasions

• Love 1

So, who was the Adversary? Maeve? Theresa? The Rep (whose name I forget)?

Another thought - Did the dog really kill a rabbit? The only rabbits would be robots, and I'm not sure there's any compelling reason for robot rabbits (although that might have been a rabbit that cattle drive team was trying to cook).

So far, we've seen Dolores and the boy Ford robot lie. Is that something only the very first hosts can do?

• Love 1
38 minutes ago, DarkRaichu said:

True, but it's not like he should be the sole person in control.  He introduced himself to Hale as "head of narrative".  That implies that he is in charge of a department, otherwise he might have introduced himself as being a director in charge of the narrative.  I don't think he runs the entire narrative himself and would assume there should be some underlings that could step up.   I found it odd when Theresa said that Ford deactivated 50 hosts and now there are all these holes in the narrative that need to be fixed.  You would think there have to be some writers/coders that could patch those.  If there truly are thousands of narratives, no way is Sizemore the only person who can fix them.

I hope there is some consequence to his actions, and that they don't wave it away with a "so what if he peed on us, he's a genius and we need him."  No.  You don't.  There should be some punishment.  Make him work as a host for a week.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Hanahope said:

So I liked that they kept MIB and Teddy from Pariah stating that there was something going on there, thereby making one think that William, Delores, Lawrence and Logan were all just there when they had the big shoot out with the ex-confederate soldiers.  If there are two timelines, then we don't know exactly what happened in Pariah with just Delores.  All we can presume is that Lawrence was still able to get the nitro from the soldier's wagon (how is unknown for sure, though it looks like Delores participated, as her clothes had changed) since Delores was last seen in the train car with the coffin that in a prior scene with William and Lawrence, was shown to be a dead guy's body filled with nitro.  So maybe there still was some sort of shoot-out between the ex-confed soldiers and Lawrence's guys (since Lawrence may have still been with MIB at that time, we don't know for sure either).  So by not letting us see Pariah now, we don't know if it was post William/Delores (with Logan still there), or just post Delores.

I did like the expression on MIB's face when Teddy went all gattling gun.

I kindof agree that I don't understand why the butchers didn't just dumb down Maeve and report her to QC.  Ah, plot line requirements.

Of course, Elsie was going to get attacked.  That was telegraphed the moment she went off by herself in the dark.

Good thing for Bernard that Ford just happened to be at his family's house when he showed up.  My impression is that the 'father' looks like Arnold, but Ford gave him more characteristics of his dad.  Whether they are one and the same, is not yet certain, but I don't think so.  

I bet that the broadcasting unit found by Elsie was turned on by Theresa.  Until Delores' father glitched due to the memory upgrade/photo, the older units couldn't receive the messages, which is like a virus.  Once the glitch happened, and the father received the starting phrase and passed on the 'virus' with the phrase, its now infecting other older units, who all can now hear certain "thoughts" that are the broadcasting, which was created by Arnold.  His last final 'fuck you' as it were, which was dormant until Theresa activated it.

It's DOLORES, for the love of god.

• Love 3
19 minutes ago, DarkRaichu said:

Possible deniability since the host roams around the park while she is pretty much located at the building except for special occasions

Yeah, but his espionage task required taking him way out of his loop and route. Worse, it derailed his whole group of hosts since they got stuck without someone able to cut wood. If a lone host, someone like a bounty hunter or gold prospector, was put to this task, there'd probably be way less chance of detection by control; the quasi-randomness in their narratives would allow them more freedom to roam to a mountaintop.

I do think the sudden desire to incinerate the stray was way more about covering tracks than standard procedure, but still, seems like an unnecessarily complicated plan.

1 minute ago, blackwing said:

You would think there have to be some writers/coders that could patch those.  If there truly are thousands of narratives, no way is Sizemore the only person who can fix them.

I like the idea of having a central person who makes final call on all the narratives. He's not hands-on the one who'll fix everything but I imagine him as the analogue to a TV show director. He's not the overall boss (showrunner), that's Ford, but he's making a lot of the little decisions that his own underlings come to him with. (I'm not 100% clear on what it is TV show directors do, so if this analogy doesn't work, I could come up with something about game level designers, a lead level designer, and the game's creative director.)

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, Gobi said:

So far, we've seen Dolores and the boy Ford robot lie. Is that something only the very first hosts can do?

I'd say yes, considering the older hosts are the only ones capable of receiving the the behavior modifications from the transmitter.  

But how old was older host?  When did they abandon the basement?  They indicated Meave was an older model, BUT were her behavior metrics changed via the transmitter or was she a completely separate case ??? 

• Love 2

Hard to say how old Maeve is. If you accept the non-linear story theory, part of the evidence is that she wasn't in Sweetwater when William and Logan arrived. On the other hand, she might have been in another story, the one with her daughter for example.

• Love 2
12 minutes ago, arc said:

Yeah, but his espionage task required taking him way out of his loop and route. Worse, it derailed his whole group of hosts since they got stuck without someone able to cut wood. If a lone host, someone like a bounty hunter or gold prospector, was put to this task, there'd probably be way less chance of detection by control; the quasi-randomness in their narratives would allow them more freedom to roam to a mountaintop.

I thought being trapped in a cave was an accident?  Normally the woodcutter would come back to the camp to continue their narrative.  He was not a stray because he went up to the mountain, he was a stray because he accidentally fell to a cave and never went back to camp.

• Love 3
13 minutes ago, DarkRaichu said:

They indicated Meave was an older model, BUT were her behavior metrics changed via the transmitter or was she a completely separate case ??? 

She's an older model? This conversation with Felix though, suggests she's the newer kind:

Maeve: [takes Felix's hand] We feel the same.

Felix: We are the same these days, for the most part.

1 minute ago, DarkRaichu said:

I thought being trapped in a cave was an accident?  Normally the woodcutter would come back to the camp to continue their narrative.  He was not a stray because he went up to the mountain, he was a stray because he accidentally fell to a cave and never went back to camp.

Good point, I may have misremembered exactly what happened in ep 3. I thought they were tracking him almost in real time with that footage of him out solo in the wilderness, but if it was just a cave accident that delayed him long enough to be noticed, then I guess my objections no longer hold.

• Love 3

Stupid question, and this has probably been addressed in earlier weeks, but do the hosts need to use the bathroom?  I'm pretty sure we have seen them drinking, I would assume they would need to urinate, since the hosts are supposed to be as realistic as possible.  We know they bleed and I think they cry, so I don't know why they wouldn't have other bodily fluids and human needs.

Also, the host boy Robert, his face opened up to reveal the mechanical insides.  I think Ford said only the older models could do this?  So is that something that Dolores can do too?  How would the newer ones "open" to allow access to their mechanical faces?

I also thought that it was said that one of the problems with the older models is that you could definitely tell they were robots, there were jerky movements and whatnot, like with Buffalo Bill.  Have the older models that are still being used today (boy Robert, Dolores, etc) then been refined to be less jerky?

3 minutes ago, Gobi said:

Hard to say how old Maeve is. If you accept the non-linear story theory, part of the evidence is that she wasn't in Sweetwater when William and Logan arrived. On the other hand, she might have been in another story, the one with her daughter for example.

Hmmm.... I still believe there is only one timeline, and I think the explanation for why she wasn't in Sweetwater could be any number of reasons.  Maybe she was downstairs or they just chose not to show her.  She could have been with a guest in his room and not in the public spaces.  Or if hosts need to use the bathroom, she could have been taking a giant dump.

10 minutes ago, arc said:

I like the idea of having a central person who makes final call on all the narratives. He's not hands-on the one who'll fix everything but I imagine him as the analogue to a TV show director. He's not the overall boss (showrunner), that's Ford, but he's making a lot of the little decisions that his own underlings come to him with. (I'm not 100% clear on what it is TV show directors do, so if this analogy doesn't work, I could come up with something about game level designers, a lead level designer, and the game's creative director.)

I agree with you, I like the idea of one person being in charge with final approval powers.  But when that person gets all pissy because his feelings got hurt that his storyline got rejected, and disappears for days on end to get sloppy drunk and refuses to show up for work, like a big baby..... it's time to let some Senior Manager or the equivalent in that department step up and fill in.  I just don't buy him as this indispensable genius.

• Love 2
Just now, arc said:

She's an older model? This conversation with Felix though, suggests she's the newer kind:

When she malfunctioned in ep2 they were ready to put her in the basement because she was older model. But was she old enough to have the older receiver in her?

• Love 4
8 hours ago, BloatedGuppy said:

That was, I believe, the Vitamin String Quartet's version of "Motion Picture Soundtrack" by Radiohead. 

By my count that's now three Radiohead songs on the show in total through six episodes, including two in this one alone. I approve.

And yeah, that walk scene with the music was absolutely gorgeous, and perhaps the highlight of the entire show up to this point. Powerful and sad.

Came here to say this; it's probably my most favorite Radiohead song (and yeah, at least the third I've noticed), and I have the string quartet cover album that includes this version.  It really is such a perfect piece to accompany that walking sequence. 

4 hours ago, jbrecken said:

Appropriate, since in this episode we learned that Arnold's robots can receive updates remotely, so they may literally have radios in their heads.

Niiiiice.  I hope that is intentional on the show's part, but even if it's not, nice catch. :)

21 minutes ago, Franky said:

Yes, HA! And it's "MAEVE", not Meave. It bugs me too, lol.

If it had only been Dolores and Mulva, we'd have had a Seinfeld episode. :)

• Love 6
45 minutes ago, Gobi said:

Another thought - Did the dog really kill a rabbit? The only rabbits would be robots, and I'm not sure there's any compelling reason for robot rabbits (although that might have been a rabbit that cattle drive team was trying to cook).

Given that the story of the dog killing a rabbit so closely parallels the story Ford told last episode, and that there is apparently someone with an agenda that includes revenge against Ford (as evidenced by Dolores' father in episode 1), I think that this was more a case of someone sending a message to Ford. (IE, it probably didn't actually kill a rabbit.)

8 minutes ago, blackwing said:

Also, the host boy Robert, his face opened up to reveal the mechanical insides.  I think Ford said only the older models could do this?  So is that something that Dolores can do too?  How would the newer ones "open" to allow access to their mechanical faces?

The newer models are biological, not mechanical. At least, that's what I've gathered over the last two episodes.

EDIT: Or, at least, synthetic materials that closely resemble biological components.

Edited by Cthulhudrew
  • Love 3
8 minutes ago, Cthulhudrew said:

Given that the story of the dog killing a rabbit so closely parallels the story Ford told last episode, and that there is apparently someone with an agenda that includes revenge against Ford (as evidenced by Dolores' father in episode 1), I think that this was more a case of someone sending a message to Ford. (IE, it probably didn't actually kill a rabbit.)

What if whoever is taking information form the older models is getting information from Old Bill as well, and so "heard" Ford's story about the Greyhound?

• Love 6
9 minutes ago, Cthulhudrew said:

The newer models are biological, not mechanical. At least, that's what I've gathered over the last two episodes.

EDIT: Or, at least, synthetic materials that closely resemble biological components.

I think even the older models, except the robo-Fords, have been upgraded to biological models, with their original AI incorporated.

3 minutes ago, morgankobi said:

What if whoever is taking information form the older models is getting information from Old Bill as well, and so "heard" Ford's story about the Greyhound?

I like  it!

• Love 3

I think the key comes down to what transpired between these two guys (last episode? Two eps ago?), when DT comments that Felix will never be able to rise above his station, so why bother? I got the sense that there is some real stratification between the various employees, and it fosters some resentment. You see this even with Elsie and QA. So, for the moment, I'm thinking Felix sees this as an opportunity to expand his knowledge of programming and the androids- like with the bird, but on a larger scale- plus, I think he's still a bit shell-shocked and not thinking clearly. DT, I think, just got talked into it by Maeve, who appealed to his sense of inferiority and ambition. Hopefully they dive into it a bit more with them both, though.

This makes the most sense of all the explanations I've heard, Ctulhudrew.  Also, calling Douche Tech DT in your post made me laugh. :)

• Love 3
1 hour ago, blackwing said:

I'm tired of Lee Sizemore.  I don't find his neurotic fits entertaining in the least.  When he literally pissed all over the people in the control room, why wasn't he fired immediately?  How many days have passed since his "Odyssey on Red River" plans were rejected by Ford?  Has he been drunk and not working ever since?  Why are they tolerating him?  It's obvious that Ford is the one who controls the overall narrative.

I find him tedious. His over-the-top behavior stands out in contrast with most of the other human characters who are guarded or circumspect. He drinks, publicly pees, shouts insults and somehow keeps his job. Maybe he will be the first human killed by a host. Alternatively, he did voice concern about making the hosts a little too real so perhaps he does posses some sense.

Teddy taking control was a great moment because James Marsden is too pretty to get beaten/killed in every episode.

When talking to a few less observant viewers, they did not make the connection that "Arnold" was in the faux cottage. As the weeks go on, it will be interesting to see how additional clues about Arnold unfold. It can't continue to be subtle for too long.

Given how shows like these make me very skeptical, I'm not sure at all that it -was- Theresa doing the uplinks. I think someone else was just using her codes or whatever.

And with Elsie, I kept waiting for that costume or whatever was hanging in the background to start moving.

• Love 2

I actually sort of like Sizemore, despite his repetitive shtick, but this pissing incident belonged in a bad sitcom.

I mostly liked the episode but as mentioned already too much of it was driven by plot induced stupidity. And they better not kill Elsie.

Teddy killing all those people with the Gatling gun was the most video-gamey thing so far, I am surprised he didn't get a level up notice or something.

I wish they would think of some other way of portraying how much of a hardass Theresa is, and not just through her endless smoking. The note to Sizemore was a nice touch, more of that, please.

Does this park have a single employee who isn't breaking regulations left, right and centre? I am surprised that the robots haven't revolted already, considering this level of disorganization.

So the hosts apparently have more "processing power" in their brains than humans... what kind of an idiot creates something like that an use it for a stupid theme park?

And yes, Maeve is totally Shaw, hence totally awesome.

Edited by Jack Shaftoe
  • Love 1
3 minutes ago, Ellaria Sand said:

He drinks, publicly pees, shouts insults and somehow keeps his job. Maybe he will be the first human killed by a host.

I'm thinking it will be the Delos lady.