Type keyword(s) to search

LIVE CHAT: Election Night 2016 (11/8/2016)

1 minute ago, Spartan Girl said:

C'mon Florida! Don't let me down, I'm going to Disney/Universal in March!

Florida + Elections = Idiots / The Rest of Us Pissing Our Pants + Excedrin

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, Spartan Girl said:

C'mon Florida! Don't let me down, I'm going to Disney/Universal in March!

Yeah, remember Florida is the state that let George Zimmerman continue to walk around free and elected Rick Scott. What  a place for the "happiest place on earth" to be located, ugh.

• Love 7
5 minutes ago, hoosier80 said:

Seems like they called WV for the Oompa Loompa.  No big surprise, but it sickens me to see that asswipe ahead at any point.

What is really sad about this is that WV is so uneducated and coal dependent that they didn't understand that Hillary was the only one with an actual plan for them and not naked lies about "bringing coal back" - that's over.  Automation and natural gas made that so.

Edited by NextIteration
  • Love 8
1 minute ago, Frost said:

I was hoping for an absolute blowout so the fact that Donald is already projected with 24 electoral votes makes me very very sad.  Zero was the number I was looking for.

I know it was a nice dream, but realistically the chances of Trump not having at least 150 Electoral Votes is about the same as the chance of us finding out the Moon is really made of Cheese.

• Love 4

I've watched some CNN, but am mostly watching CBS because Gayle King soothes me.

Everybody at the roundtable is just calm and thoughtful, even if they're saying how the general mood of the electorate is "disgusted."

i don't drunk, but I have a giant whoopie pie standing by. Would like to go to sleep tonight knowing the Republic is safe, but the last time I did that Gore had "won" and I woke up to some startling news.

• Love 2

I can't stand this. I have the same feeling as I had when I stayed up all night to follow the Brexit vote results (and we all know how that ended; I walked around like a zombie the whole next day because I was sleep-deprived and in denial.) It's almost 2am here and I should probably just go to bed and spare myself the waiting, but I don't want to miss finding out if the apocalypse is getting averted or not.

• Love 4
5 minutes ago, Rilla-my-Rilla said:

Shrimp Fried Rice and Berry La Croix......

Meat loaf and baked potatoes.  I made chocolate cupcakes earlier.  I thought comfort food was a good plan but I don't know if I am going to be able to eat now.  But need something to soak up the wine.

NATE SILVER 7:50 PM

Not a surprise, but Clinton is really overperforming a typical Democrat in wealthy, highly educated areas. She’s winning Loudoun County, Virginia, by 16 points, for example, when Obama won it by just 4 points four years ago. If anything, these demographic shifts look even more profound in the vote so far than they did in the pre-election polls.

HARRY ENTEN 7:48 PM

I’m a little worried about relying too much on bellwether counties for projecting results in Florida because the vote patterns in Florida may have changed a lot since 2012. Still, Clinton is up by 10 percentage points in early returns from Hillsborough County. That’s good for her, but again, we need to wait for more data.

• Love 2
54 minutes ago, Bastet said:

What's everyone ingesting to get through this night?

Maker's Mark here.

I've got a bottle of Martini & Rossi Prosecco to pop when there is truly something to celebrate or grieve....could be a while.

I don't watch cable news, I just read about politics on line.  I was planning on watching Jeopardy nad when it wasn't on heard that Trump won IN and KY and got nervous.   Now I'm watching Forensic Files.

Kellyanne Conway appears on my screen and I get physically angry.  Even more so than when Drumpf speaks.  She is the WORST.

I'm watching CBS and drinking water.  Seeing 24 electoral votes to HRC's 3 makes me think I need to get the vodka out of the freezer.

• Love 10

I'm watching CNN, MSNBC with all their fucking pontificating with that annoying Brian Williams, are behind in calling these races. 

My heart was in damn throat until I turned to CNN.

Edited by Keepitmoving
Just now, partofme said:

I don't watch cable news, I just read about politics on line.  I was planning on watching Jeopardy nad when it wasn't on heard that Trump won IN and KY and got nervous.   Now I'm watching Forensic Files.

Love! I'm one of those people who is calmed by Forensic Files. I fall asleep to it, because I know the good guys will catch the bad guys. That and the late, great Peter Thomas' narration.

• Love 1

So as an aside, funniest thing.  When the lass and I toured Wellesly four years ago - all over the campus are Grandma Maddie and Grandma Hillary cardboard cutouts.  The most amazing thing is all the banners about girl power on the drive in from the main road.

• Love 1

Any word on Ohio?

I think it, paired with Virginia, turns into a REALLY vital vote if somehow Trump wins Florida.

Projection if Trump wins Florida, Arizona and Nevada, but Clinton wins Ohio and Virginia. 

JTLUpx.jpg

Oh, I forgot to list my drug of choice for tonight.

Psilocybe cubensis (aka "magic mushrooms")

(Uh. . . did I just say that out loud?)

My homemade wild fermented hard cider! (Yeah, that sounds better.)

Only  an hour to go before polls close in NY and I'm still bombarded by ads for local contests. Please make it stop!

• Love 3