Type keyword(s) to search

LIVE CHAT: Election Night 2016 (11/8/2016)

Just now, AimingforYoko said:

Oooh, good point. I just always mix them up.

Grrrr, lol.  Kornacki makes me stabby and Hayes used to be my on teevee nerdy geeky boyfriend - but he's been replaced by 538's Harry Enten....

::swoon::

Don't think to ill of my love of the youngsters.

• Love 2

I noticed that Ghouliani, took a perverse pleasure in describing, his belief that Hillary, has had  health problems. The hatred of the Clintons, by the right, has always fascinated me in so many ways..

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 2

Erm...Kornacki? Those pants are a rather unfortunate color. Makes me think you've just crawled through the mud. He's been gearing up all year for his map games. I wish he'd stop lunging at the camera. IT has to be freaking the camera operator out. Back, Steve! Back, I say!

The cat wants my cheese that I'm eating so I don't get too sloshed on my wine before my wife comes home. 

2 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

I noticed that Ghouliani, took a perverse pleasure in describing, his belief that Hillary, has had  health problems. The hatred of the Clintons, by the right,, has always fascinated me in so many ways..

Nosferatu has a very stinging particular hate for Hillary - he's bitter that she became the Jr Senator of NY after he had to drop out due to his woman shenanigans and prostate cancer.

Edited by NextIteration
because better is not bitter.
  • Love 5

Come through, North Carolina! It's going to be close. There were some technical issues in Durham, which would affect a  lot of African American votes, but the polls there will be extended to 8:30 now. So, it looks like even though most of the polls are closing soon, we won't know for another 60-90 minutes.

• Love 1
Just now, Drumpf1737 said:

so Joy Reid then... :-)

Joy is so damn good. I discovered her over the course of  this bizarre election. I love her.  What a gracious and intelligent woman.. She has the patience of Job, she had that repugnant bitch Omarosa, on her show over the weekend, she was a typical Trump surrogate, distorting the facts and was rudely interrupting people..Joy never lost her temper.. Joy politely put her in place..

• Love 7

If anyone hasn't seen this yet, when John McCain and his wife Cindy went to the polls today, Cindy was wearing A WHITE PANTSUIT! and the Senator was wearing white pants with his dark jacket.

• Love 7

Okay, I already need a break -- I'm going to watch an old episode of Modern Family on USA.  But I'll be back.

I am drinking whiskey at 4:00 in the afternoon.  I mean, not that it's never happened before, but damn you Donald Trump!

• Love 4
9 minutes ago, callmebetty said:

Had to turn on MSNBC. Was disheartened to see Florida until I noticed that it was only 2% of the votes in. 

FiveThirtyEight's blog says: http://fivethirtyeight.com/live-blog/2016-election-results-coverage/

HARRY ENTEN 7:25 PM

I’m looking at returns from two major counties in Florida: Duval and Palm Beach. In the early vote, Clinton is doing better than the amount that Obama won by overall in those counties in 2012. In Palm Beach, she’s running 7 percentage points ahead. If that holds, it’s going to be a very long night for Trump.

• Love 4

I've got Law & Order reruns on, expecting multiple calls from my mom, who's almost 90 and lives in IN.  She, bless her heart, made sure I checked her absentee ballot to make sure she marked it correctly for Hillary.  I tried to tell her, well that's nice, but you know she won't carry IN.  

• Love 4

HARRY ENTEN 7:25 PM

I’m looking at returns from two major counties in Florida: Duval and Palm Beach. In the early vote, Clinton is doing better than the amount that Obama won by overall in those counties in 2012. In Palm Beach, she’s running 7 percentage points ahead. If that holds, it’s going to be a very long night for Trump.

::swoon::

;)

Quote from 538...

The Country Is Terrified

In preliminary exit polls according to our partners at ABC News, voters were more scared by the thought of a Trump presidency than a Clinton one. Women, especially, expressed fear at the thought of President Trump. Overall, though, voters are expressing more fear than excitement over both a Trump and a Clinton win.

Edited by NextIteration
  • Love 1
5 minutes ago, random chance said:

Florida yeeeeeeeeeeessssssssss sorry I freaked out there Florida!

You scared me!  Florida vote watchers I follow on twitter, seem to think it's looking good for Hillary (at least as of an hour ago), so I was afraid something drastic had happened.

I prefer CNN these days to MSNBC on election nights, but have to flip away immediately when Lewendowski or Jeffrey Lord are on.

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, AimingforYoko said:

We might not know NC until Nov. 9th.

Can I just say now, FUCK the NC General Assembly! They have made this whold election like jumping through hoops with the reduced early election sites and hours. I used to like living here because of the state's natural beauty, but it's becoming harder and harder the past few years.

• Love 5

If the absolutely impossible happens and that Oompa Loompa wins, My hubby reminds me constantly these days that I should be so happy I married a Brit and have dual citizenship. We kept our house over there and the exit plan is ready, though I have faith that it will not be needed.

• Love 6
1 minute ago, pennben said:

You scared me!  Florida vote watchers I follow on twitter, seem to think it's looking good for Hillary (at least as of an hour ago), so I was afraid something drastic had happened.

I prefer CNN these days to MSNBC on election nights, but have to flip away immediately when Lewendowski or Jeffrey Lord are on.

Ohhhhh don't you hate those two guys?  I hate them and want to throw them both in our swamp that Donald says he's going to drain.

• Love 1
32 minutes ago, hoosier80 said:

It was always a joke in our house growing up - oh here goes Indiana for the GOP again.  I made a bet that I'd dance outside of my house if Obama won Indiana (back in 2008).  He did eventually - and this old broad was outside the next night, dancing in my front yard (no street lights by me, so no one was harmed or impaired by seeing that spectacle).  Before Obama won IN in 2008, last time before was with LBJ landslide.  

Can't believe OH is a toss up.  My voting place was packed this morning (at opening).  Hearing there's heavy turnout throughout the state.  Fingers crossed.

I'm in NE IN, as I think I said in another post/thread. There was a Tweet on my feed from a local TV station, in conjunction with him & Pence (since he's our sitting Gov, no surprise) winning the state. It said IN has gone Republican 12 of the last 13 POTUS elections (the only Democrat win was Obama in 2008).

1 minute ago, pennben said:

I vaguely recall that Florida came in pretty late in 2012 because there were people still in line.  It turns out that President Obama won the state, although he didn't really need it because he had enough electoral college votes to win it.  All the votes from Florida weren't counted and certified until the following day I think.

I'm sick of the shenanigans in NC!  My brother-in-law lives in Cary, NC and almost convinced us to relocate.  I told him recently that when someone is trying to deny me my right to vote, that's a deal breaker for me.  I also told him that we might consider it when they get rid of those tea party people in their government.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, Shannon L. said:

I heard today that Kelly Anne Conway was complaining that the RNC didn't help them enough .  sounds like something you'd say if you weren't that hopeful. Or that could be wishful thinking on my part.

Uh no you nasty rode hard put up wet looking haggard bitch, it was the opposite.

• Love 2
27 minutes ago, jazzpno said:

Neither state means anything in the presidential race, but if Evan Bayh of Indiana can take the seat currently held by a Republican, it can change the balance of the Senate.

Yeah, but is that realistically going to happen. Is it close between them? Didn't they call the senate race for these states already. I know I saw that R. Paul won.

Just now, pennben said:

On CNN, Lewendowski, Jeffrey Lord, Kayleigh, AJ Delgado, Betsy, Karina Peirson, Scottie Neil Hughes are all horrible. I have a visceral reaction, whenever I see them, pontificating on how Trump is the savior and Hillary is the devil.. CNN bends over backwards for them in their efforts to be fair...

• Love 5