Type keyword(s) to search

Lab Rats - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Wikipedia lists Rise of the Secret Soldiers on January 26 as the next new episode. I don't know how reliable that information is.

I think it is.  I know they have been advertising a new episode on Monday on Disney XD

...I've been seeing the adds the last couple weeks, it's correct.

"Bionic House Party" has been listed for a long time.  I was guessing they would push it back to season 4, but iMDB is saying that it will aired on February 2nd.  We will see.  Seems it would be strange to follow up the hour-long episode with something like that.  Maybe it will end up being the season 4 premiere?

The others sound, well, not real to me.  The iMDB synopsis for "Unathorized Mission" is definitely not real.  Someone is messing with them. 

I've searched Showfax a couple of times.  There is an episode called "Left Behind" that is listed as 401.  There is also one called "Bionic Action Heroes" that is listed as two parts.  There were several other titles listed at one time but I forgot what they were. 

...Elsewhere I've seen Bionic House Party as well, so at least that one will be part of Season Three as well, I noticed it was added to the wikipedia list of episodes.  I think we can disregard the other ones I posted.

Haven't posted about the show outside of episode dates, so to give a few comments...while having a bad headache, I apologize for any errors below:

Took me the last couple weekends but I'll finish Season Three tonight.  

I still have the last couple episodes to go, but so far Brother Battle is my favorite episode of the Season, with Alien Gladiators a close second, and Principal From Another Planet and Taken tied for third.  

Honestly, I liked Taken more than You Posted What!?!.  

Outside of a strong premiere episode the season started weak, but quickly found it's groove (around the time of Principal From Another Planet and Taken).  While Season Two filler was overkill and too zany, I thought filler was handled better this Season.

You Posted What!?! was good to move the story along and add to the universe with Krane and S-1, but Bionic Showdown was still stronger in that regard with a familial revelation IMO, but I will say Season Three overall was a vast improvement over Season Two...so far I'm Season One > Season Three > Season Two.

ETA:

Character wise, I loved goofy Adam season one, Chase season two, and season three, while Chase is still my favorite, Bree and Leo have grown on me, they've been given a bit to do this season between Bree's Tech Town Saga and wanting to be normal, while Leo's an inventor in his own right and now part of the team.

Edited by CyberJawa1986

"Rise of the secret soldiers" thoughts

first off the shallow obvious: finally we get a shirtless, flexing Adam!!  I just wish they would've found an excuse for Chase to be as well, but then they'd have to explain how he got to be that buff. Oh well at least we won't have to wait too see if that happens since we have a block of new episodes starting next week.

That was probably the best episode yet. There was some really great moments tonight, like Leo finally become a full member of the team with his own uniform. They set up the new season brilliantly with Crane's former army now joining the rats at the Bionic Academy (and since he just got blasted away I think it's safe to say he'll be back sometime soon). I'm hoping that kid with the laser trident(?) comes back next season as a foil for Chase.

I'm really hoping that tonight means we've seen the last of Perry. There's no way she'll be in charge of the Academy (but if Disney wanted to have a nice in joke they could have Lindsey Wagner and Lee Majors be the couple Donald puts in charge of the place.)

Edited by madhacker
  • Love 1

Rather like with You Posted What!? the humor in this episode was a little sledgehammery, but the core story was so good that it wasn't really a factor.  This was Aaron Stone-serious (and in keeping with the gentle escalation of stakes, we finally got to see Krane with an actual world-threatening plot), and action-packed, and it was glorious.

Though I couldn't help thinking "Of course Leo's mission suit is a hoodie."

• Love 1

February 2nd : "Bionic Houseparty"

February 3rd : "First Day of Bionic Academy"

February 4th : "Adam Steps Up"

February 5th : "Unauthorized Mission"

...I've seen this schedule posted around a couple other sites and the wikipedia list was updated, but we'll wait and see..

ETA: ...Sorry 88, not sure what happened here.  All apologies.

first off the shallow obvious: finally we get a shirtless, flexing Adam!!  I just wish they would've found an excuse for Chase to be as well, but then they'd have to explain how he got to be that buff. Oh well at least we won't have to wait too see if that happens since we have a block of new episodes starting next week.

That was probably the best episode yet. There was some really great moments tonight, like Leo finally become a full member of the team with his own uniform. They set up the new season brilliantly with Crane's former army now joining the rats at the Bionic Academy (and since he just got blasted away I think it's safe to say he'll be back sometime soon). I'm hoping that kid with the laser trident(?) comes back next season as a foil for Chase.

I'm really hoping that tonight means we've seen the last of Perry. There's no way she'll be in charge of the Academy (but if Disney wanted to have a nice in joke they could have Lindsey Wagner and Lee Majors be the couple Donald puts in charge of the place.)

...I'll be viewing for shirtless Adam alone.  But I prefer adorkable Chase.

The episode sounds awesome, but you just made sure I'll check it out.

And I kept wondering how the Bionic Academy would have students when renewal and season four announcements were made...and the minute I read the synopsis for this episode...well, there it is, instant click.

Rather like with You Posted What!? the humor in this episode was a little sledgehammery, but the core story was so good that it wasn't really a factor.  This was Aaron Stone-serious (and in keeping with the gentle escalation of stakes, we finally got to see Krane with an actual world-threatening plot), and action-packed, and it was glorious.

Though I couldn't help thinking "Of course Leo's mission suit is a hoodie."

...Aaron Stone comparisons always a good sign, can't wait to check it out...and still miss Aaron Stone...

And...

Rewatched "Spike Fright" and finally watched "Face Off" and "Merry Glitchmas"...won't be able to see the new episode until tomorrow but at least I'm finally caught up on Season Three.

Face Off had some good moments...and many at Chase's expense...they always find new ways to embarrass the poor kid and Adam was a little...too much of a jerk this episode, he had so much glee at Bree and Chase's expense and embarrassment.  Too much Perry Proper and Faux Bree Perry...pretty weak compared to some of the filler this season.  I think Leo's b plot saved the episode from Perry Overload.  

Merry Glitchmas was fun...loved it.  ETA: Favorite line "Toy Chase can fly...".  I think last years mission themed holiday episode was better...hey, I like my missions, especially when the the rats, Leo or Davenport don't start the mess, but this episode was pretty fun.

Edited by CyberJawa1986

Well, color me surprised.  It looks like we will be getting four new episodes next week.  I'm OK with the bionic academy idea, as long as it doesn't take over all of season 4.  I guess they do have to do something with all of Krane's proteges. I still think some of the synopises are fake, though.  We shall see.

I really liked "Rise of the Secret Soliders."  The plot was great, the fighting among the siblings was pretty intense and kind of realistic, and the action was good.  Except for the kid fighting Chase with his giant red tuning fork of death- he would have been scarier if his voice had changed. 

I actually thought the humor balance was better in this episode than in some of the other ones.  The jokes didn't take me out of the action as much as they usually do.  In the past, it has felt like the writers were afraid of getting too serious, but that didn't seem to be the case here.

I was bothered by the lack of Tasha.  This was an important episode, and she deserved to be in it.  :(

• Love 1

Well, color me surprised.  It looks like we will be getting four new episodes next week.  I'm OK with the bionic academy idea, as long as it doesn't take over all of season 4.  I guess they do have to do something with all of Krane's proteges. I still think some of the synopises are fake, though.  We shall see.

I really liked "Rise of the Secret Soliders."  The plot was great, the fighting among the siblings was pretty intense and kind of realistic, and the action was good.  Except for the kid fighting Chase with his giant red tuning fork of death- he would have been scarier if his voice had changed. 

I actually thought the humor balance was better in this episode than in some of the other ones.  The jokes didn't take me out of the action as much as they usually do.  In the past, it has felt like the writers were afraid of getting too serious, but that didn't seem to be the case here.

I was bothered by the lack of Tasha.  This was an important episode, and she deserved to be in it.  :(

Just watched Rise of the Secret Soldier...wow...blew my mind away...again, I loved Bionic Showdown...but this easily took the spot of favorite episode.  I didn't find an issue with humor like some of our fellow PTV posters...but again that was just me.

I take S-1 and the Trident kid (I'm assuming he's the S-3 credited in the credits)...they'll be the somewhat regulars...I'm sure some of these Bionic kids will be recurring/minor/guest type characters...since those two were the only two that spoke...that's fine with me...as long as we don't get a bionic kid of the week scenario...I'll be fine...S-1, if they remember, established she liked Chase, keep it going writers...and S-3, he can be a rival to the rats, especially Chase...

I agree about the lack of Tasha...especially since they shoehorned Perry in during the first half...I'm still saying...just waiting to see that she's the "headmistress" of the Bionic Academy...ETA: I could see them writing Perry blackmailing the Davenports or whomever...her modus operandi so far...or Perry working some type of angle, to keep her in the series...

Edited by CyberJawa1986

Watched "Bionic Houseparty" and enjoyed it.  Enjoyed the Adam is their leader jokes and bits.  I take it S-3 will be the new "little brother" type character for the main group...

...So glad Tasha was included in the aftermath of the previous episode.  

I'm caught up now and so far, I'm not impressed with "Bionic Island" week.  :(

The first episode with Donald in the hospital was pretty good, because it focused on the family and they remembered that Tasha is on this show, too.  I was really surprised/pleased at Donald calling Leo his son. 

The two episodes after that were...not good.  I feel like my show has been taken away and replaced by something else.  To me, at its core, Lab Rats has always been about the blended Davenport family.  Adding in all these new characters and putting them in a new location is not appealing to me at all.  I want my family back. 

I'll never understand why every Disney show feels the need to include an annoying younger child. Even if they are going along successfully without one, they jam one into the mix during the last season (Kickin' It).  Spin is horrible.  He's so annoying, and the actor who plays him yells almost everything he says.  He's like season one Leo was, but without the charm and the desire to help his family out.  Also, Spin brings out the worst in Leo.  I mean, Leo has progressed so much as a character, but in "First Day at the Academy" (or whatever it was called), it felt like he went all the way back to who he used to be.  It's not fair to wipe out all that character growth.

"Adam Steps Up"- OK, I will admit that Adam mentoring Bob is kind of sweet. Bob also reminds me of first season Adam- goofy but kind and well-meaning. Unlike later season Adam, who is way too dumb and kind of mean.  And mentoring Bob has made Adam become a bit more responsible and smart, and I'm OK with that. 

Janelle....wow.  I literally had to fast-forward some of the scenes with her, Spin, and Leo.  She and Leo's relationship makes no sense.  She won't commit to him and treats him horribly.  I wish they would do an episode where he breaks up with her and tells her that he deserves better than her, because he does.  She's one of those girls who thinks it's cool to make guys grovel and serve her when they commit some supposed wrong. And it's not cool or funny.  At all.  This episode was so bad that I had to immediately go and read some of my favorite fics after watching, to remind me what I love about this show. 

The finale was better.  I like that Leo didn't hold Spin and Bob's mistakes over their heads and just went straight to helping them.  And Sebastian being evil was a nice twist.  I was wondering who the villain would be now.  I predict that someone (one of the younger kids, but maybe Leo) will figure it out and try to tell the others but they won't believe him.  Shades of Leo and Marcus there. 

Overall, I'm not exactly looking forward to season 4.  I'm sure it will have some good moments, but I don't really like the direction they are taking things at this point.  We shall see.

Edited by 88Keys

I'm still only at "Bionic Houseparty" but now I'm dreading the rest 88.  

I still feel the Academy thing is spin-off time/territory if any of the regulars want an out, they have some new faces to replace...which I don't  want...I want strictly the Davenport's as well...

Edited by CyberJawa1986

Disney XD recently released a press news article about Season 4 stating that....

Leo Howard (Kickin It) will make a special guest star appearance on an episode.

And that there will be a crossover with Disney XD series Mighty Med.

Get's a new show title for its fourth season, called Lab Rats: Bionic Island

And a new story location – Davenport's Bionic Academy, a training facility on a remote island that brings higher stakes and over-the-top missions

Edited by MoonWalker
  • Love 1

And that there will be a crossover with Disney XD series Mighty Med.

Get's a new show title for its fourth season, called Lab Rats: Bionic Island

...I've been wanting a Mighty Med crossover since the end of TWOP...

Everything else is a bit meh to me, and sounds like they're heading into Pair of Kings territory, but I'll see it to the end.

Edited by CyberJawa1986

To me, at its core, Lab Rats has always been about the blended Davenport family. Adding in all these new characters and putting them in a new location is not appealing to me at all. I want my family back.

I agree with this. And if they had to move the show to a new location and add new characters, they could at least have followed the example of A.N.T. Farm. That show got rid of their annoying principal when they moved to a new location.
  • Love 1

Kelli's posted some BTS pics to her social media accounts of the Mighty Med crossover, she labels the show Lab Rats: Bionic Island.

ETA:

New Season March 18th, trailer's been released.  

Looks like Perry's back.  If I was a betting man, I'd be a rich man with that one...lol.

Edited by CyberJawa1986

No doubt Terri Cherry Perry is the price we have to pay for the show's more serious undertones.  At this point I think I'm resigned to...uh, used to her.  Not that I wouldn't prefer somehow getting Brooke Dillman or Mary Birdsong to replace her, but alas...

• Love 1

Finally watched "First Day of Bionic Academy", "Adam Steps Up" and "Unauthorized Mission".

Enjoyed the episodes a lot more than I thought I would.

New Character wise, I like S-3/Sebastian and shocked, but not too shocked he's the baddie.  I like Spin, he's a good foil to Leo.  It's Bob I can't stand.  The Bree first few Breezy comments were cute, but turning the kid into Adam 2.0 in the intelligence department was turn off for me.

ETA: Interesting Bree didn't get a sidekick or rival.  Adam has Bob, Chase has S-3/Sebastian and Leo has Spin.

Overall I enjoyed the transition to the Academy after kind of complaining I wouldn't since the news broke way back when.

ETA:

Didn't mind Perry but they can drop Janelle.  I think the writing...they just damaged the character/relationship beyond repair.  And like 88 mentioned, the dynamic just doesn't make sense.

Edited by CyberJawa1986

Finally watched "First Day of Bionic Academy", "Adam Steps Up" and "Unauthorized Mission".

Enjoyed the episodes a lot more than I thought I would.

New Character wise, I like S-3/Sebastian and shocked, but not too shocked he's the baddie.  I like Spin, he's a good foil to Leo.  It's Bob I can't stand.  The Bree first few Breezy comments were cute, but turning the kid into Adam 2.0 in the intelligence department was turn off for me.

ETA: Interesting Bree didn't get a sidekick or rival.  Adam has Bob, Chase has S-3/Sebastian and Leo has Spin.

Overall I enjoyed the transition to the Academy after kind of complaining I wouldn't since the news broke way back when.

ETA:

Didn't mind Perry but they can drop Janelle.  I think the writing...they just damaged the character/relationship beyond repair.  And like 88 mentioned, the dynamic just doesn't make sense.

I like Spin too. I hate Bob as well. We don't need two idiot characters, Adam is already annoying enough and speaking of Adam he's slowly turning into a smug doucebag.

If anybody needs to go away it's Perry and Janelle. Perry quit her job and following them to Bionic Island is ridiculous. I could care less about Janelle and her Leo's relationship is poorly done. They may as well drop Tasha too. Her character is useless.

But overall, I really enjoyed these past three episodes and I like new direction this show is going. Can't wait for Season 4.

Edited by MoonWalker
  • Love 1

I wish we just got a bit of backstory for Spin and Bob.  We go from seeing the teen/adult army in Rise of the Secret Soldiers and Bionic Houseparty to being introduced to bionic kids (Spin, Bob) with no explanation.  Unless I missed it, all I need is a quick throwaway line to where they came from...or why they weren't with their "brothers/sisters" as part of Krane's army...

They said that Krane had these kids stashed all over the globe, and the ones who were there early on, from the attack and all, were summoning the others, back when they were following Adam around and "hiding out" at the Davenport house.  My guess is that the younger kids weren't part of the army in the attack because they still weren't fully trained and ready. 

I just still want to know where Douglas is.  I miss him. 

Edited by KerleyQ
  • Love 1

They may as well drop Tasha too. Her character is useless.

I'm surprised they haven't dropped Tasha.  She seems like such an afterthought sometimes.  I'm waiting for her to be Mrs. Landers'ed (from Aaron Stone, she had a few appearances then was dropped but they still made references to her).

A sad story on Billy Unger and his father:

http://www.tmz.com/2015/03/03/billy-unger-dad-stole-money-girlfriend-suing/

If true, I hope it works out to Billy's favor, poor guy's had a rough 2014, and now 2015.

Wow, that is crazy!  I didn't even know his parents were divorced.  That's pretty scuzzy, assuming it's true.  And the life insurance policy is...kinda creepy.  Maybe that's why he seemed to go a little off the rails last year. 

haven't watched the whole "rebellion" episode yet but I'm just jazzed that they finally made new and improved opening credits (that include the shot of Chase with a partially shredded uniform.Please say that we'll finally get to see Billy shirtless. Especially since we got Spencer last season)

• Love 1

So, what did everyone think?  I thought it was decent, but not their best work.  I couldn't quite put my finger on what bothered me about it at first (other than Spin- good Lord, someone please shut that kid up).  It had all the elements that should make up an exciting episode.  But something felt off.  After some thought, I've decided it was the pacing and backstory.  I mean, we had no build-up to this rebellion at all, other than the one scene with Sebastian at the end of the last episode.  I had no idea that the kids didn't remember Krane, or that any of them wanted to know more about him.  If we could have seen more of that- Sebastian and the other wanting to learn more about their father and being shut down by Davenport, Sebastians growing dissatisfaction with the whole situation, the plotting by the three rebels- I think it would have felt more intense, and like more was at stake.  They could have devoted some of the last few episodes to that instead of the Janelle/Leo crap. 

Also, the dialogue and acting felt a little stilted at times, though I think that was probably because of the new cast additions.  You could really tell a difference between the originals who have worked together for a long time and the new kids.  Sebastian did a decent job, but I feel like he's a little lackluster as a villain compared to Krane.

And Leo...I feel like they don't know what to do with him now that he is bionic.  Is he a member of Davenport main team or not?  Why does he have to sleep on the couch?  And why is he still a beginner when he's been on missions and been around this stuff for a long time?  He deserves better than what they've been giving him.

All in all, I would probably give it a 6.5 or 7 out of 10 

And finally, did anyone else think Lexi kind of looked and sounded like Caitlyn, or was it just me?

• Love 1

Finally caught Bionic Rebellion.

Loved the new opening, though, a season or two too late.

Keeping it short since I do agree quite a bit with 88, and don't want to regurgitate 88's response.  Although, we disagree on Spin.  :)

I know the overacting probably was thought to be a good idea at the time for a villainous character, but I found Sebastian cringe-inducing and laughable at times.  I did like the two "evil" additions, and I was especially humored by Adam and Tank grunting to communicate during their fight.  The power displays and selections of abilities were pretty good.  Is Sebastian and the rebellion one and done?  Will Seb be redeemed?  I honestly thought the rebellion could be a season long arc, but wow, one episode.  But, we're still in the beginning, we'll see how things shape up.

Bob didn't quite grate as usual.  He's still dumb, but I think pairing him with Spin is a better contrast of personalities than pairing Bob with Adam, dumb and dumber.  

Still like Spin.

I take the formula will be The Rats and Davenport/Perry in the main plot, while Leo gets saddled with Bob and Spin, and the Academy in the secondary plot. 

Honestly, overall I enjoyed it, but I'd rather have one or two "students" (like just Spin or Bob and/or Sebastian) over the "Academy" aspect.

I agree with 88, why does Leo all of a sudden have an outsider or "student" role after everything his he's been through, how his characters been developed.  We see clips in uniform, obviously he goes on missions, but he's still a "student".  

Also, I take Tasha's been dropped and now a mention here and there.

Much like Season Three, (stone me as I type), Perry hasn't grated on me since Season Two.

Edited by CyberJawa1986

I'm shaking my head.  HOW CAN ANYONE LIKE SPIN?!  :)  <just playing with you, Jawa.  Milage varies and all that>

Tank and Adam grunting was kind of funny, but all I could really think was that it was a way for Disney not to have to pay the actor so much.  Non-speaking roles get paid a lot less than speaking ones. 

I forgot to say that I thought the fight scenes were pretty good.  Some of the best they've done.  They seemed more one-on-one and intense.  I mean, Tank and Adam was kinda brutal, by Disney standards.

I'm sick of them giving Chase so much crap, too.  He probably latched onto and trusted Sebastian so quickly because he has never had a close friend before.  Which is incredibly sad.  Also, it's not like he knew he was a bad guy- they all trusted him and the other students.  And he didn't give Sebastian the password, IIRC.  He left the computer open and Sebastian took it.  Which, yeah, not smart, but it's not like he invited him to poke around Davenport's files or anything.

I know the overacting probably was thought to be a good idea at the time for a villainous character, but I found Sebastian cringe-inducing and laughable at times.

I think Sebastian would have come off (a bit) better if he was not coming in on the heels of Krane and Douglas.  Getting decent, grown-up actors to fill the villain roles made the teenaged villain look worse.

Does anyone else think we wil see Krane again?  I mean, we didn't actually see where he went in the end.

• Love 1

I'm sick of them giving Chase so much crap, too.  He probably latched onto and trusted Sebastian so quickly because he has never had a close friend before.  Which is incredibly sad.  Also, it's not like he knew he was a bad guy- they all trusted him and the other students.  And he didn't give Sebastian the password, IIRC.  He left the computer open and Sebastian took it.  Which, yeah, not smart, but it's not like he invited him to poke around Davenport's files or anything.

...I knew I was forgetting something!  I felt the same way, and I'm hoping they don't replace the Chase "bullying/bashing" with the "Rats" and others feeling justified by things somehow being Chase's fault.  I felt that's the direction the season took somewhat towards the end of last season in some scenarios.

The writers must have an infinite list of possibilities to torture the poor kid.  

I've been catching the Season and most of last season on iTunes so I don't catch previews and such, but I'm assuming the students, Bob, Spin, etc. will all get a go at Chase going by the show history...

Also, I need more Douglas!  Where'd he go all of a sudden!  It looked like they set him up as a member of the team with Rise of the Secret Soldiers...and boom, gone once we head to the academy.  

Either I get Tasha or Douglas, but I'm not losing both!

Edited by CyberJawa1986

I'm back!

So, saw "Left Behind" last night and enjoyed it for the most part.  Looking back to the "Bionic Week" from a while back, I just don't think they incorporated the new cast well with the old cast, with the exception of maybe Sebastian, but for the moment, he's gone.

Spin and Bob play off each other well, but it feels like I'm watching two different shows...one with the old cast...then one with Spin and Bob.  My opinion at least.  I did like seeing Bob and Spin taking out the robbers.

Adam's cry face was the best moment for me.  

Edited by CyberJawa1986

Looks like Billy's Twiiter is blowing up with #BillyUngerForSpider-Man...he's campaigning hard.

I'm a member of a forum which does comic book films and his names popped up in the discussion for Spider-Man casting.  Myself and a few others could see him in the role.  

Myself, he's my personal pick, but I don't think he's a realistic possibility with some of the contenders supposedly up for the role.

I also think the Twitter campaign could work against him.

(edited)

Slowly catching up on episodes.  Just watched "Under Siege" and "Bionic Dog".

"Under Siege"...you know where it's going in a few minutes...didn't like Perry's niece the first time, didn't like her this time...

"Bionic Dog" was fun, a few good moments, love "dog" Adam...

ETA: still prefer Lab Rats, but I've been enjoying Mighty Med as well, but I might say Might Med beats LR in the writing...

Edited by CyberJawa1986
(edited)

Just finished "Mission Mania" and "Simulation Manipulation".  Loved the stories for both, and both had a lot of fun moments.  Thought they were an improvement over the prior two episodes.  Especially loved the idea, and the gags for "Simulation Manipulation".  Didn't like Chase's characterization in "Simulation..." but he tends to go overboard in rival/contest/task/competition themed stories...

ETA: Totally forgot about Bob and Spin until they popped up in "Mission Mania".

Edited by CyberJawa1986

---July 8th "Spider Island"

---July 15th "Spike VS Spikette" ...(I've mentioned before, I enjoy Spike episodes, the only downside, the commando app concept is just poorly executed from a story standpoint...no rhyme or reason to how it's triggered outside of the introduction episode way back in Season 1, and technically, shouldn't the app triggering be a normal occurrence given some of the situations Chase has been put through...)

---July 22nd "Lab Rats VS Mighty Med" ...(can't wait for this one)

---July 29th "Space Elevator"

Yes, I'm still around, and still watching Lab rats.  I know I've been quiet lately, mainly because of real life stuff. 

Anyway, I'm not really sure how I feel about the "new" Lab Rats.  The beginning of the season left me pretty cold.  Too many new (boring) characters, too many wacky hijinks, and no missions or drama.  The only episodes I really enjoyed were "Under Siege" and "Spider Island."  Probably because they focused on the Davenports and not on the new students.  To me, at it's core, "Lab Rats" is a show about the Davenport/Dooley family, and I hate how seperate everyone has felt this season.

However, just when I was about ready to give up on this show, they do something like "Lab Rats vs. Mighty Med."  I loved this episode.  It was a treat to see the regular cast interracting with new (but already established) characters.  The actors worked well together.  The story was good (Chase whump!) and the fight scenes were pretty well-done.  Actually, watching the battles made me realize what else has been missing from this season.  Missions!  Even when they are a part of an episode, we usually just hear about them and don't actually see them.  And the missions they have gone on have been kind of silly.  There hasn't been a decent bad guy either, since they got rid of Krane. 

My only complaint is that they had a good story going with the conflict between Donald and Chase, but they never resolved it.  Seriously, did they not want to pay Hal Sparks for the Mighty Med episode or something? 

Also, the rest of the season looks promising.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=yDUuAbfpZM8

Especially this- Bionic Action Heroes.  Holy crap!  Speaking of Chase whump...

• Love 1
(edited)

Haven't seen "Spike vs Spikette" or the Mighty Med crossover but so far Spider Island is my favorite just for the fact it focused on the Davenport's--no Bob, Spin, or students--just the gang on a mission, which they created but that's typically the usual.  

Edited by CyberJawa1986
  • Love 1

Haven't seen "Spike vs Spikette" or the Mighty Med crossover but so far Spider Island is my favorite just for the fact it focused on the Davenport's--no Bob, Spin, or students--just the gang on a mission, which they created but that's typically the usual.  

That's exactly why I liked it as well.  It seems like they've backed off on focusing on the new students recently, for which I am grateful.

The Mighty Med crossover was fab.  Spike vs. Spikette was stupid.  Just mindless Chase humiliation, basically.  I didn't even watch the whole thing.

• Love 1

Didn't catch last nights episode but read the premise, doesn't sound too interesting, especially for an extended episode...still a few weeks behind, hopefully I'll catch up this weekend.

Edited by CyberJawa1986

Caught up to "Spike VS Spikette" and "Lab Rats VS Mighty Med".  Wow...they really enjoy making Chase the lynchpin for the issues that arise lately...and for "Lab Rats VS Mighty Med"...not only is he the cause...but he's out of action a good chunk.

Overall, I thought the crossover worked, I wondered how they'd explain the groups meeting, and the "Rats" existence, or lets say the superheroes existence and vice-versa...although the character's initial introduction to each other was definitely convenient.  Thought Skyler and Bree's "resolution" was a bit tacked on though...I didn't feel there was really any build up to that.

...and Donald's absence the second half.  Not even a quick line about what he's up to...or even Douglas to tag along?

ATM, I enjoy both series, but might give MM the edge.

Edited by CyberJawa1986