Type keyword(s) to search

Lab Rats - General Discussion

• Start Topic

"Trent Gets Schooled" has some pretty good lines.

Chase:  "I don't have to outrun him.  I just have to outrun you."

And later, from Trent:

"I'm going to chop you down like Sir Isaac Newton's cherry tree."

• Love 1

Marcus was ultimately a henchman, though an evolved one, to Douglas's supervillain (who wasn't really supervillainous, or at least never got the chance to be).  And then Victor Krane, at least after Taken, definitely took the supervillain mantle...and now he's got an army of bionic henchpeople.  (That said, I think you pegged it: the setup is definitely there for some of his army being turned to the side of good and, boom, S4.)

I have to admit, though: the possibility of whatever-it-is between S-1 and Chase is kind of appealing.  Bonkers, but appealing.

• Love 1

For Krane…He's already gone toe to toe with the "Rats" a couple times, I think the next logical step is for him to create a bionic or super powered "family" of his own to take on the kids.

…I love having a crystal ball…

I have to admit, though: the possibility of whatever-it-is between S-1 and Chase is kind of appealing.  Bonkers, but appealing.

…I've been waiting for Adam and/or Chase to have a romantic interest…that didn't turn out to be Bree's creepy friend…if they keep S-1 around, hopefully it's not a throwaway comment.

Dying to know what you thought of it, CyberJawa.  ;)

Anyone know when we are getting a new episode?

…I enjoyed the episode…I wasn't too sure if anything could surpass Bionic Showdown…or even Mutant Rain from AS…but It was awesome.  I didn't mind Perry…and her last couple appearances didn't bother too much…I prefer caring Perry to the zany principal.  The episode itself was the perfect compliment of action and emotion…I didn't like the army reveal…I would have rather cut and tease to a smaller group…and Krane's become a truly awesome villain…I can't add too much 88, I agree with your entire post…I just thought it would be too much to quote…

Favorite moment…even in a press conference, the brothers have to horse around…

I think Agent Graham is interesting.  I hope they don't turn him into a baddie/villainous character…or a truly bad character.  I think they set up a conflicted character who might use the kids bionics to achieve what he thinks is for the ultimate good at the time…with a touch a fame wanting…

I'll see if I can find anything on upcoming episodes…

ETA:

I think we all knew the Leo gets bionics was coming at some point…it was just a matter of when…I didn't think I would like it, but it didn't bother me too much…

Once they transition to the academy…I still call Perry as headmistress…let's see if my crystal ball is right with that prediction :)

ETA:

Also started watching Season 2...I remember sounding like I was complaining back on TWOP, but the second time through...so far certain elements aren't as annoying as I seemed to recall them, I actually lol's at many things I remember disliking back on twop...  Robot Fight Club and Bionic Showdown...hands down my favorite Season 2 episodes...

Edited by CyberJawa1986

…and the DC film "How To Build A Better Boy" featuring Kelli premieres August 15th…I'm not usually one for the TV films, but I might check it out…

...quick reminder for anyone interested, I think I'm the only one so far...this is on tonight!

Hey guys,

I was a bit worried at first, my DVR picked up a recording for Friday and it's mistake---it seems like it rerecorded "You Posted What?" under a different episode name and description (not even LR) for some reason, I was a bit worried for a sec...

...on the positive, I did see one episode date floating around here and there.

"Armed and Dangerous" on September 29th.

I actually really liked the beginning of season 2.  I've never understood why so many seemed to dislike it.  I think most of the episode leading up to "Bionic Showdown" are decent to good.  "Speedtrapped, "Parallel Universe," and "Leo vs. Evil" in particular.  Maybe people don't like season 2 because it featured Leo so much?

• Love 1

I saw bits and pieces of HTBABB and was pleasantly surprised.  I thought it ended up being pretty cute, and Kelli did a good job.

What I came here to post is that Billy Unger has come back to Twitter and Instagram.

BACK for more!! Missed you guys. (; #Season4 #LabRats #ChaseTheDream

I have no idea what all this means or why he was quiet for so long, but it looks like he will be back for season 4.  Or at least, he is under the impression that he will. 

• Love 1

Forgot to add I really liked "Spy Fly" (mostly for Adam and Chase's baby subplot), "Bro Down", "Spike's Got Talent" and "Avalanche" in addition to the ones you mentioned.  

ETA:

For some reason I thought the alternate universe episode was from Season One.  LOL...Adam's still my favorite portion of that episode.

Edited by CyberJawa1986

Spike is only supposed to come out when Chase is mad and feeling threatened.  And he's supposed to defend Chase and the others, if necessary.  In "Spike's Got Talent," he's just a big angry bully who picks on people who have nothing to do with what is going on. The only part of SGT I will watch is the beginning, because I get a kick out of seeing Billy Unger's sister on the show.

Also, every episode Julia Miranda writes seems to have a "massively humilate at least one character" section in it.  And usually it's Chase, which I think is unfair.

• Love 1

I'm still saying...and agree with your earlier post that Mission :Mission: Creek High" is still the worst.

I need to double check some sources...with all the Spike talk I remember hearing Spike was supposed to make an appearance at some point during the season.  We're a good way through now...and I kinda doubt we'll see Spike with some of the recent developments in the series...Spike's a tool of and rooted in humor, with the story atm and probably the transition to the dreaded "Academy" I just don't see how Spike can fit.  

"Armed and Dangerous"  random thoughts:

- they really need to change some of the opening credits. The pink and black spandex uniforms are so over. They need to show off the new uniforms and Leo needs a new tagline now.

- this was definitely a filler episode

- it's obvious that Billy(love the new haircut) and Spencer have been working out, a lot. Helloooo  tight t-shirts. I don't know who has better pecs now and I'm going to enjoy deciding and watching the eye candy.

- No Perry (thank God)

- but also no Tasha (darn)

- Adam has a new power!! Super breath will be quite handy and even I can see the "bad breath" jokes coming. Now they need to give Bree some new abilities.

- we have to wait almost another month now till then next new episode. Goddamnit.

Edited by madhacker
  • Love 1

"Armed and Dangerous"  random thoughts:

- they really need to change some of the opening credits. The pink and black spandex uniforms are so over. They need to show off the new uniforms and Leo needs a new tagline now.

- this was definitely a filler episode

- it's obvious that Billy(love the new haircut) and Spencer have been working out, a lot. Helloooo  tight t-shirts. I don't know who has better pecs now and I'm going to enjoy deciding and watching the eye candy.

- No Perry (thank God)

- but also no Tasha (darn)

- Adam has a new power!! Super breath will be quite handy and even I can see the "bad breath" jokes coming. Now they need to give Bree some new abilities.

- we have to wait almost another month now till then next new episode. Goddamnit.

Haven't watched yet but read the few descriptions floating around...

-Opening Credits...agreed, I'm still going through Season 2 and it feels severely outdated...

-I hope Billy and Spencer don't Hulk out too much...

-I'm always afraid Tasha's going to get Mrs. Landers'd (Aaron Stone) and they'll eventually just drop her...

-I hope they don't develop too many new powers...just something to be forgotten about later...

-Waiting for episodes...I just realized I haven't forgotten about the series like last year...I caught Season completely...Season 2 I watched the first chunk and once they started doing the long breaks during the summer, I forgot about the series until I noticed my DVR full of episodes I didn't watch...So so far...Season 3, good on me for remembering...

Side note:  Based on the last episode, I thought the series was going to get busy with an ongoing arc but it seems like we'll have filler...probably until the Season Finale...What I mean is, I'd like to see an ongoing arc...not something that's introduced and wrapped up in an episode...then have an onslaught of filler...I don't want to sound like I'm nitpicking...

Edited by CyberJawa1986

Caught the episode...enjoyed it...which I always seem to say after going off on a tangent about the show.  I've grown to like Leo and he was originally our view to the bionic world, but he seems regulated to side character / b-plots now, I think I'm saying he also feels separated from the Rats, I know this current arc their somewhat separated, but in general I feel the Rats do their thing and Leo's doing his thing and occasionally they intertwine. I found the resolution to Graham (and again done in one episode) underwhelming but I guess they do leave his ending opened for him to return...probably to join forces and release Krane.

Edited by CyberJawa1986

We're about 2/3 through the season, it appears, and after You Posted What!?! we were definitely due for some relative filler.  At least this episode also served to put a button on Agent Graham's story, and it did it in a pretty sensible way (Graham always was portrayed as a glory hound from the moment we met him, so that being his downfall was nice).  The side story of Leo ultimately nearly killing Janelle yet again by trying to show off...the show's good at it, but it's certainly familiar territory at this point.

• Love 1

Looks like I was wrong...Alien Gladiator's is tonight...my guide has it at fifteen minutes(?, say what?)...and in between an hour of Phineas and Ferb and a movie...the premise sounds like filler so, if it's interrupted by the other programming doesn't sound like we'll (I'll) miss much.

you're rightit was a filler episode, but any episode that has Leo kicking Perry's ass is a winner to me.

they started filming season 4 today and it looks like Spencer's gotten a new haircut:

10703699_778274935572842_630728970189350

Also Billy's definitely been hitting the gym:

billyunger-t1OqootSFQ_zpse33ae8f7.jpg

Is it too much to ask that they have a bionic shirtless face-off between Adam and Chase? Even David Hienrie got shirtless on a Wizards episode before it's run was over......

• Love 1

not dead yet, since we have 2 new episodes this week!!!

tonight was again a filler but any episode with Adam/Chase face-offs are great for me!!

maybe it's because SW:Rebels is on right afterwards, but when Chase first used his new laser-boa staff I swore I was hearing "Duel of the Fates" from Episode I. Hey i just like it when they give Billy a chance to show off his athletic skills.

I love the new powers the trio got especially Bree's. That new invisibility power should come in pretty handy especially when she also uses her vocal manipulation skills (not to mention getting even whenever her brothers start getting on her nerves).

The b-plot was the only bad part. Why didn't Leo just blast Perry with his bionic arm?  Oh well at least this Friday brings back one of my favorite plot devices : SPIKE!! Please oh please, let there be some trash talking Perry put downs!!

Edited by madhacker
  • Love 1

I'm kind of surprised they were, ultimately, so blase here about giving all three of the Rats new abilities (let alone skewering the whole "hidden abilities" thing, though they somewhat lampshaded it by saying that their bodies could only handle so many abilities at once).  Conversely: between this and the previous episode, they've been trying to establish that they do want some semblance of a normal life even now--and that, presumably, is the one reason why Leo hasn't used his bionic arm in public around anybody except Janelle.  Which likely goes to hell once S4 starts, but hey.

• Love 1

Still working my way through season two but this is still hands down my favorite moment:

tumblr_mrth9cNqEW1szibqxo1_500_zpsac1196

ETA:

...I miss the naive and gullible iterations of the characters from Season One.

Edited by CyberJawa1986

The Spike episode had one very bright spot: Chase (aka Spike) kicking the crap out of Adam. I guess when he's Spike his strength goes up to close to Adam's level since he finally gave Adam the bionic brother toss across the room.

The B-plot: boring since it involved Perry (I just wanna say I have nothing against Maile Flanagan who's an very gifted actress, i just can't stand the Perry character. But since we're supposed to hate her it just shoes how good she's playing her)

• Love 1

Finally saw Brother Battle...I always love seeing episodes with the parallel between Adam and Chase...and Douglas and Donald.  I'd rather the "Rats" discover their abilities on their own...but this was probably a device to bring something new, so I'll overlook it.

Still slugging through Season Two.

As far as characters...Season One, Adam was my favorite...Season Two, obviously Chase if anyone remember my ranting on the Chase bashing...and surprisingly I've really liked Adam in Season Three he has the favorite Character crown for me this Season...

ETA:

I still feel Season One is the pinnacle of the series and thoroughly enjoy Season Two, I feel each season has slowly devolved, saying that I still enjoy the show.  I feel like the show doesn't know the type of show it wants to be.  

Edited by CyberJawa1986

Finally saw "Spike Fright".  Pretty fun episode.  I enjoyed both a and b stories.  Perry being a killer...because of course, loved the flashbacks.  Best moment:  Chase giving Adam the business.

Please...please...revisit Chase's romantic interest.  Bree's had a couple boyfriends, Leo has his love interest who he unintentionally harms...I've been waiting for Adam and/or Chase to have one that wasn't Bree's creepy friend.

Quick question...I'm blanking...going back to the previous episode...with Bree and TechTown...did Chase quit?  I'm still slugging through Season Two and a few other films and shows to get through before restarting Season 3...but I remember they had the staff competition...and Bree was annoyed with Chase working as well...it sounds plausible...and familiar Chase quit...but watching Brother Battle, I kept thinking...wasn't Chase working too?

Edited by CyberJawa1986

I'm still here!  Just had a weird month and spent a lot of it sick.  Got kind of behind.  I'm caught up now, except for the most recent episode.  My thoughts:

1) Armed and Dangerous- coming on the heels of a big dramatic episode, I didn't expect much.  But this was pretty good.  I tend to love any episode that involves the kids and their relationship to Davenport, so this was right up my alley.  I've never liked Graham, but I kind of wish they had done a little more with him before getting rid of him.  (I wonder if he might come back at some point?)  I liked that the kids weren't ridiculed and mocked when they went back to school.  I also like that they showed that bad guys aren't always outright evil like Krane, but can be bad/exploitative in a more subtle way (Graham).  Oh, and that they showed the downside of fame.

The Leo/Janelle subplot was OK, but I don't really get them as a couple.  She always seems annoyed with him.  I kind of wish Leo would break up with her and find someone who actually seems to like him.  Or else, I wish the writers would show them getting along at some point.

I also liked the Leo/Douglas interactions.  It's very interesting to me that Douglas seems closer to Leo than anyone else.

2)Alien Gladiators- silly filler, but I liked the Donald/Leo scenes.  Ron Rappaport always writes their relationship well.  And we don't see them interact as much as we used to, so I'm glad they brought that back.

3) Brother Battle- I love the Adam/Chase and Donald/Douglas relationship and parallels and stuff, so this was a pretty strong episode for me. I do with they had gone a little deeper with it, though.  The B-plot was...weird.  It felt disconnected from the rest of the episode, and the dialogue felt off.  I kind of wish they had just spent the whole half-hour on the brother stuff.  Maybe had Leo and Bree comment on it from the outside.

And Leo, you've got to stop telling Perry your dreams or letting her know when you're entering a contest. 

4) Spike Fight- haven't watched this one yet, except for the preview clip.  Not sure I will.  It has two things I hate- Spike, and Adam humiliating Chase.  Their relationship isn't even fun anymore.  I get that brothers pick on each other and stuff, but the show seems determined to ruin everything for Chase all of the time. 

As far as characters...Season One, Adam was my favorite...Season Two, obviously Chase if anyone remember my ranting on the Chase bashing...and surprisingly I've really liked Adam in Season Three he has the favorite Character crown for me this Season...

ETA:

I still feel Season One is the pinnacle of the series and thoroughly enjoy Season Two, I feel each season has slowly devolved, saying that I still enjoy the show.  I feel like the show doesn't know the type of show it wants to be.  

I don't know how to break up the quotes, so I will reply to both of your paragraphs.

I loved Adam in season one, but he is a different person now.  He just seems like big, dumb, and arrogant, with none of the sweetness he had before.  I blame the writers.  I've seen it happen before.  Once a character is deemed "dumb comic relief," they write them that way all the time.  (See Max on WOWP).  I wish they would give him some more depth like they used to have.  I think at this point, my favorite characters are Donald and Douglas.

I think Season One was the most consistent in tone.  Most of the plots involved wacky hijinks at school that stemmed from the kids not really knowing much about the world of high school.  I think that was OK at the time, but the show has moved beyond that.  It had to- I mean, the premise was kids with superpowers, so we needed to see them go out and save people and fight enemies and stuff.  I do miss the kind of sweetness the first season had, though, in terms of how the siblings related to one another.

The more dramatic episodes started in Season Two.  They've proven very popular, and again, it needed to happen.  But at it's core, this show is still a comedy and a kids show, so I think they are always going to return to that formula in between the serious episodes.  I think that's why it feels kind of disjointed at times now.  Personally, I enjoy the dramatic episodes more than the silly ones.  And the dramatic episodes are good enough that I'm willing to wade through the filler eps to get to them.  My absolute favorite thing about this show is the way the characters interact as a family and grow in those relationships.  Those little nuggets tend to show up even in the silly eps, so again, I'm willing to make my way through them for that. 

And hey, there is always dramatic fan fiction to tide me over.  :)

Quick question...I'm blanking...going back to the previous episode...with Bree and TechTown...did Chase quit?  I'm still slugging through Season Two and a few other films and shows to get through before restarting Season 3...but I remember they had the staff competition...and Bree was annoyed with Chase working as well...it sounds plausible...and familiar Chase quit...but watching Brother Battle, I kept thinking...wasn't Chase working too?

As far as I know, he has not quit.  I do wonder if he got fired after the "Cheddy" fiasco. 

Getting towards the end of Season Two...watched "Adam Up" and "Llama Drama"...I enjoyed "Adam Up" and as far as a bionic hijinks type episode, I enjoyed it.  "Llama Drama", well, I do like any Adam/Chase "team-up" plots, so I did enjoy it for that, for me that's the only thing the episode had going for it...and Chase almost saying Adam's a genius. 

*Sidenote...Would anyone be up for a Season 1 and Season 2 thread(s)?...Then after Season 3 we can have a Season 3 thread...just keep this one with "current" eps?  Just don't want to feel like I'm derailing the thread with past episodes/seasons.

Thank you, CyberJawa.  You don't have to worry about me- I'm most likely in it for the long haul with this show.

And I say go for it.  I never really got to discuss the early episodes with anyone, so those threads sound like fun.  Maybe we can have an episode re-watch party or something.  :)

• Love 1

It's never been explained, other than the fact that he isn't really their dad biologically.  My head canon is that he took them from Douglas to protect them but never really intended to permanently adopt them.  So he wouldn't let them call him "Dad" because he didn't want to get too attached to them, and vice versa.  Of course, that didn't really work.  I'm kind of fascinated by the idea of Donald as this reluctant father who doesn't realize how important the kids have become to him.  Or at least, he didn't realize it at first.  I've even written a couple of fics about it.

I do long for the day when one of the kids calls him "Dad" to his face. 

• Love 1

December 1st "Merry Glitchmas"...

Missed the last few, but I've checked around this time...hopefully this ones the right date...

ETA: Still haven't seen "Face-Off"...don't mind any spoilers at this point...

Edited by CyberJawa1986

It's taken a while but I'm almost done with Season Two.  I think I finally saw an episode I never saw before with "My Little Brother".  I enjoy episodes where Adam gets his...so I was pleased.  Okay humor...and Bree's subplot was okay too, any chance she gets to anything I'm happy.

Did anyone see "Merry Glitchmas?"  I usually don't care for the Christmas episodes, but I quite liked this one.  It made me laugh and had good Donald/Leo interractions in it.  I loved Leo standing up to Grandma Rose, too.

Also, I found info about the upcoming season finale.  It will air on January 26th and will be an hour long.

Yes, I know the Lab Rats wiki isn't the best source, but I've seen this elsewhere, too.

Plot

As Adam, Bree and Chase become celebrities, fame begins to tear them apart. The friction among the group becomes evident when a reality show follows them on a mission and things go awry. However, they must put aside their differences to stop Krane from his evil plan of taking over the planet.

Sounds like a good one.  There are some promo photos here.

http://www.gettyimages.com/search/2/image?family=editorial&phrase=Lab+Rats+%22Rise+of+the+Secret+Soldiers%22+&excludenudity=false

• Love 1

Not sure I understand what the difference is, CyberJawa. 

Hey 88, I guess there isn't really, but I mean, I hope they don't turn the kids into fame hungry type characters...I guess more the characterization of the characters and how they handle "celebrity"...

ETA:

Still behind on the last couple episodes.

Edited by CyberJawa1986

Did anyone see "Merry Glitchmas?"  I usually don't care for the Christmas episodes, but I quite liked this one.  It made me laugh and had good Donald/Leo interractions in it.  I loved Leo standing up to Grandma Rose, too.

Also, I found info about the upcoming season finale.  It will air on January 26th and will be an hour long.

Yes, I know the Lab Rats wiki isn't the best source, but I've seen this elsewhere, too.

Plot

As Adam, Bree and Chase become celebrities, fame begins to tear them apart. The friction among the group becomes evident when a reality show follows them on a mission and things go awry. However, they must put aside their differences to stop Krane from his evil plan of taking over the planet.

Sounds like a good one.  There are some promo photos here.

http://www.gettyimages.com/search/2/image?family=editorial&phrase=Lab+Rats+%22Rise+of+the+Secret+Soldiers%22+&excludenudity=false

...I've seen "Rise of the Secret Soldiers" as the finale...but a source is listing the following episodes as Season 3 also:

February 2nd : "Bionic Houseparty"

February 3rd : "First Day of Bionic Academy"

February 4th : "Adam Steps Up"

February 5th : "Unauthorized Mission"

...I'll keep looking up dates for accuracy, but they list Rise of the Secret Soldiers as the same date as you 88 so I'm thinking the others are accurate, but I've had a few misses in the past so I'll keep snooping around to verify, just think it's weird if those are true...unless they're rushing through them to get to season four.  Still not to keen on the celeb aspect, and a little more open to the academy aspect than previously...it's still an overused "device" with young heroes.

It's been a while since I checked the LR wiki...need to check it out again...and I still need to watch the last two episodes.  Hopefully before the finale.

Edited by CyberJawa1986

"Bionic House Party" has been listed for a long time.  I was guessing they would push it back to season 4, but iMDB is saying that it will aired on February 2nd.  We will see.  Seems it would be strange to follow up the hour-long episode with something like that.  Maybe it will end up being the season 4 premiere?

The others sound, well, not real to me.  The iMDB synopsis for "Unathorized Mission" is definitely not real.  Someone is messing with them. 

I've searched Showfax a couple of times.  There is an episode called "Left Behind" that is listed as 401.  There is also one called "Bionic Action Heroes" that is listed as two parts.  There were several other titles listed at one time but I forgot what they were.