Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E13: Bed And Baggage

Tara Ariano
  • Start Topic

Well we know how Zac spent the money he got from his stint on this show-Jewelry, designer bag and a gun for Ashleigh. " Let bygones be bygones" buy a gun!

he said the gun accident happened a couple of years ago. I thought it was more recent. They need a lot of work in their marriage. I wonder if they are still married   Zac was a real dick to her on each phone call

this season was much better  more info, details and reality

i really wish they showed more of their post interview 

Edited by Lion18
  • Love 5

Zac takes a call from his wife and actually says, "I'll step out of the restaurant if you want me to!" Dang, this guy is the worst. How on earth can he keep calling her names and telling her what a drag she is for not being thrilled with his stupid stories about posh living on the outside. It's like he didn't know her at all before she went in. Last week he tells her it's not that bad- it isn't like war.... It was stupid to even compare the two, but really, I would have begged Ashleigh not to even do this and threaten her recovery, but he loves money too much to want to worry about all of that. What kind of husband calls his wife an effing c*nt and still sleeps at night. Ugh. The monster is doing publicity rounds while showing his nasty self in the next series.

Edited by Chewy101
  • Love 8

Poor Ashleigh had the right to lose her mind a bit in a very maddening situation. I'm sorry she got out to go back to her crappy husband. Over and over she talks about wanting to see her child and be away from drugs. She never once said she missed her husband. I don't blame her.

His gift to her, being a pistol, seemed controlling, as if to remind her who the screw-up is, but I guess jewelry makes it all better. Even when she admits that she feels not good enough for him and they are painting a hallway, she says, "this won't be perfect," and his response was, "I know." He is fishy to me.

I wish they had filmed after Sheri and Ashleigh left to see if they, too, were recognized as plants. Pick up the phone, ladies!

Mona Lisa needs to stop comparing jail to prison, and start remembering that her daughter was in both for committing a crime. I understand a mother's love and forgiveness, but Mona seems to want her daughter to serve her time in a spa, and it's weird.

Edited by Chewy101
  • Love 8

Most men are so uncomfortable about women's reproductive cycles and feminine hygiene products and I don't understand why.  It is a natural process it is not a big mystery.  A CO should be man enough to inspect anything, including tampons and maxi pads.  

• Love 11

Oh, Ashleigh... if a man calls another woman the c word, walk away.  If your HUSBAND calls YOU the c-word, run, run, run, run away, and take that baby with you!

On a lighter note, your "yeah, that was great" deadpan when he fished for compliments on his sexts was awesome.

Funny how quick one's impressions can change.  I really liked Zac  in his "season" but damn if he didn't completely blow that on the basis of a handful of sentences.  Seriously -- he was barely featured, and came off so terribly, terribly poorly!   Even if they cherry picked bad stuff and left hours of sweetness and support... calling your wife a c*&^?  Hell, no.

I really hope that she gets an outpouring of support, some strong female mentors (not a big Shelli fan, but I thought she did an excellent pep talk there), and a path away from feeling like Zac is the best she can do.

Cant wait to see the sheriff lay into Ryan.  I presume it's because he wouldn't rat mid-project.  Yeah, so he treated it like a game.  Everything's on film, you got it, and you'll do something about it, or you won't.   The punk thinks he's smarter than you?  Is that it?  Well, sorry... he probably is. 

Why do the women get lights out (even if they're permitted to keep them on in individual rooms and scream all night), but the men are daylight 24/7?  

So the women were kept up for days at a time by the tweakers, but the jail staff had no idea that this was going on?  They have cameras in the pods (not talking production cameras, but regular surveillance cameras) - we know they seldom actually look at them, but even if they looked at them once every two hours, would they not see that the lights in that particular room never went out?  Or that the noise level never dropped below xxxx decibels? They really do appear to throw them in there and just slam the door.

I'm sure the solution to female smuggling will be that they have to use rags or something.  And yeah, maybe the THIRD time somebody gets arrested you should take a second look at whether they get an automatic trustee slot.  WTF?  Or, wait a sec... how about the SECOND time?

Edited by kassa
  • Love 14
18 minutes ago, kassa said:

Funny how quick one's impressions can change.  I really liked Zac  in his "season" but damn if he didn't completely blow that on the basis of a handful of sentences.  Seriously -- he was barely featured, and came off so terribly, terribly poorly!   Even if they cherry picked bad stuff and left hours of sweetness and support... calling your wife a c*&^?  Hell, no.

Last season, I think someone mentioned Zac's mentioning how Ashleigh had a substance abuse problem, and that seemed wrong because, did Ashleigh want people to know she had that problem?  I sense that Ashleigh felt pretty bad about herself, then she met Zac and saw him as her savior, her knight in shining armor; problem is, he sees himself that way too, and probably still sees Ashleigh as that "poor unfortunate druggie."

• Love 11
44 minutes ago, kassa said:

Oh, Ashleigh... if a man calls another woman the c word, walk away.  If your HUSBAND calls YOU the c-word, run, run, run, run away, and take that baby with you!

You know she's called her that before, because she didn't seem to even skip a beat.  Hell, she didn't even hang up the phone!

• Love 4
11 hours ago, Chewy101 said:

Even when she admits that she feels not good enough for him and they are painting a hallway, she says, "this won't be perfect," and his response was, "I know." He is fishy to me.

I'm pretty sure they're talking about the painting they are doing while they are literally touching backs (so dumb), not their marriage. But, they do have a long, hard road if they decide to stay married. 

1 hour ago, bethster2000 said:

I did want to see what kind of bag he gave her, but that's because I am a handbag fanatic.

Yes, someone, please help us with the brand of bag she got (not a fanatic but I was wondering if it was a Birkin or something of the sort...no way though, right....super expensive???).  He looked like he went to town (!!!) in Vegas.

• Love 1
55 minutes ago, GenL said:

I don't know tons about handbags, but I really like that one. I'm sure it's waaaaaaay out of my price range. Here's  a blurry screenshot. Maybe someone can tell us what it is. 

IMG_0349.JPG

If I had to guess its either a Michael Kors or a Coach bag.

33 minutes ago, jadecorleone said:

If I had to guess its either a Michael Kors or a Coach bag.

I was thinking Michael Kors, which is a little more reasonable price-wise. Still expensive but not thousands of dollars expensive. 

11 hours ago, kassa said:

I use the term as a unisex indicator for someone who I don't feel the term asshole can quite express my disdain.  I'm not trying to defend Zac because he was acting like a self-absorbed c***, but I am a fan of George Carlin. 

Ashleigh and Zac have the worst communication skills I've seen in a relationship or a lot of the conversation was cut.  Zac can't take a second to realize that his wife is locked up and doesn't want to hear about limo rides?  Ashleigh can't seem to tell Zac that she's been deprived of sleep for four days and that's because of people doing drugs upstairs, so she's in a bad mood?

I know Ashleigh feels like Zac deserves someone better because of the accidental discharge incident, but that's both their faults.  If you're not going to secure your gun and someone else has access, teach them basic gun safety.  That means telling them to never put their finger on the trigger unless they're going to shoot.

4 hours ago, slasherboy said:

How do inmates get/send emails in jail?  When/where/why/how do they have access to a computer?

If I were to guess, they get to use email on the screen they order commissary from.  I'm also willing to guess that they charge the inmates to use the internet.

• Love 5
5 hours ago, GenL said:

I was thinking Michael Kors, which is a little more reasonable price-wise. Still expensive but not thousands of dollars expensive. 

Zac probably considers it expensive and more than he'd normally pay for something for his c$nt of a wife.

• Love 3

Apologies if I misunderstood, but the gun-as-gift thing felt super patronizing and weird to me.... Zach got her the pistol as part of her "welcome home" gifts because (and I'm veeery loosely paraphrasing here) "A few years ago, Ashleigh had an accidental discharge with my weapon which resulted in me losing my job. By gifting her a pistol, I'm showing her that I forgive and trust her enough to have a gun of her very own now."

That's, like, icky and possessive, right? The sudden and unexpected job loss was no doubt devastating for their family and I'm sure she has not even *considered* forgiving herself for costing Zach his job, but A) It's weird that she was still unforgiven until now for the discharge incident and, B) She doesn't need your permission or endorsement to own a gun.  I am not condoning guns or gun ownership or the idea that Ashleigh should have just gotten her own dang gun by now because I frankly find the whole fetishization of firearms to be terribly offputting, but if carrying a gun was important to her? She didn't need to wait for her husband's approval to get one. "This shows her that I trust her enough now to have a gun of her own" (or whatever) felt really squicky to me.

• Love 15
48 minutes ago, AllisonWonderland said:

Apologies if I misunderstood, but the gun-as-gift thing felt super patronizing and weird to me.... Zach got her the pistol as part of her "welcome home" gifts because (and I'm veeery loosely paraphrasing here) "A few years ago, Ashleigh had an accidental discharge with my weapon which resulted in me losing my job. By gifting her a pistol, I'm showing her that I forgive and trust her enough to have a gun of her very own now."

That's, like, icky and possessive, right? The sudden and unexpected job loss was no doubt devastating for their family and I'm sure she has not even *considered* forgiving herself for costing Zach his job, but A) It's weird that she was still unforgiven until now for the discharge incident and, B) She doesn't need your permission or endorsement to own a gun.  I am not condoning guns or gun ownership or the idea that Ashleigh should have just gotten her own dang gun by now because I frankly find the whole fetishization of firearms to be terribly offputting, but if carrying a gun was important to her? She didn't need to wait for her husband's approval to get one. "This shows her that I trust her enough now to have a gun of her own" (or whatever) felt really squicky to me.

No apologies needed, I don't understand the fetish thing but all the gifts were really patronizing to me.  Serious and legit animosity brought up between two spouses?  Ah, let's just buy our way back into her heart.  It makes me sad that Ashleigh was shallow enough to forgive him for materialistic things when the two are raising a child and seem to have legit issues.

I've been taught basic gun safety since I was 8.  I have a friend who is paralyzed from the waist down because as a young teenager, another friend decided to lift his dad's gun and my friend played around with it and shot himself with it.  I've always felt guilt about it because I feel like if I was there, then maybe that wouldn't happen.

My issues aside, forgiving someone who cost you a job isn't something you should be lording over them.  It isn't something that can be forgiven with handguns.  That is a c*** being emotionally abusive to an orphan who went through the system and has very poor self-worth.

• Love 1
16 hours ago, kassa said:

On a lighter note, your "yeah, that was great" deadpan when he fished for compliments on his sexts was awesome.

I really hope that she gets an outpouring of support, some strong female mentors (not a big Shelli fan, but I thought she did an excellent pep talk there), and a path away from feeling like Zac is the best she can do.

Cant wait to see the sheriff lay into Ryan.  I presume it's because he wouldn't rat mid-project.  Yeah, so he treated it like a game.  Everything's on film, you got it, and you'll do something about it, or you won't.   The punk thinks he's smarter than you?  Is that it?  Well, sorry... he probably is. 

Why do the women get lights out (even if they're permitted to keep them on in individual rooms and scream all night), but the men are daylight 24/7?  

So the women were kept up for days at a time by the tweakers, but the jail staff had no idea that this was going on?  They have cameras in the pods (not talking production cameras, but regular surveillance cameras) - we know they seldom actually look at them, but even if they looked at them once every two hours, would they not see that the lights in that particular room never went out?  Or that the noise level never dropped below xxxx decibels? They really do appear to throw them in there and just slam the door.

I'm sure the solution to female smuggling will be that they have to use rags or something.  And yeah, maybe the THIRD time somebody gets arrested you should take a second look at whether they get an automatic trustee slot.  WTF?  Or, wait a sec... how about the SECOND time?

I don't get the trustee issue, or an automatic trustee slot.  It seems a strange term for people in jail, or even repeat offenders.  Are these inmates performing tasks, therefore having more freedom.  When they were talking of a trustee getting drugs into tweak girl's hands, I was picturing a man in a suit who sits on the board.  Obviously he wouldn't be involved with the laundry, but that's where my mind went. 

This jail reminds me of that crazy sheriff in Texas, who keeps inmates out in tents in 110+ degree weather, and humiliates the men by providing only pink underwear.  There are also some prisons that only provide two meals a day, but the total calories are just enough to avoid accusations of abuse.   I remember Jodi Arias, while she was being tried, was fainting and losing weight from being fed only two meals a day.  The warden flat out refused to provide a third meal (even the judge recommended it) and her attorneys were bringing in snacks to keep her going. 

Edited by RedheadZombie
I hate autocorrect.
  • Love 2

so ashleigh is giving birth any second to her second son...so i think they are both trapped in this marriage. Im still floored by how he speaks to her.

the gun incident was very sketchy and was brought up in the end of last season and was done in a very wierd way. supposedly she was home alone and felt threatened by some men outside and instead of calling for help she took the gun and fired it. crazy.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, nlkm9 said:

so ashleigh is giving birth any second to her second son...so i think they are both trapped in this marriage. Im still floored by how he speaks to her.

the gun incident was very sketchy and was brought up in the end of last season and was done in a very wierd way. supposedly she was home alone and felt threatened by some men outside and instead of calling for help she took the gun and fired it. crazy.

I really felt for Ashleigh. She seems very young like 21? I agree Zac seems to contro her and because she has low self esteem she takes it

i also thought he was so wonderful last season. Not any more. I also believe he forced her to do the show for money

as an addict being in jail with drugs all around that was extremely difficult 

so they are having another child?  I pray they are doing better

• Love 5
13 hours ago, placate said:

Ashleigh and Zac have the worst communication skills I've seen in a relationship or a lot of the conversation was cut.  Zac can't take a second to realize that his wife is locked up and doesn't want to hear about limo rides?  Ashleigh can't seem to tell Zac that she's been deprived of sleep for four days and that's because of people doing drugs upstairs, so she's in a bad mood?

Ashleigh never seemed to say what was going on, she would say hi and just sit there, waiting for Zack to say something----which he took as a cue to start discussing his latest limo ride. But I think it'll be easier for her to learn to express herself than it will for her husband to quit being a douche.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, Pandora said:

Ashleigh never seemed to say what was going on, she would say hi and just sit there, waiting for Zack to say something----which he took as a cue to start discussing his latest limo ride. But I think it'll be easier for her to learn to express herself than it will for her husband to quit being a douche.

I think she was waiting for him to remember he had been there, and relate to her based on experience. Yes, she should speak up, but the way he talked to her, it was like he had never done it himself. He was wretched.

If he is willing to call her those things knowing he is on television, how bad is it in private? He even said she knew he was a jerk when she married him. Ugh. I can't imagine how she has hung on to her sobriety living with that garbage of a relationship.

Edited by Chewy101
  • Love 4
4 hours ago, nlkm9 said:

by the way, anyone think its odd that their first son is named Ryker, like the jail??:)

I don't.  I've heard it a bit and think it's cute.  In a four year old article, I read that the name evolved into a surname in Denmark, and the Netherlands.  Riker's Island was named by a Dutch settler named Abraham Rycken. 

There was also a commander named Riker in one of the Star Trek series.  At least I read that - not a Trekkie. 

• Love 1
13 hours ago, RedheadZombie said:

I remember Jodi Arias, while she was being tried, was fainting and losing weight from being fed only two meals a day.  The warden flat out refused to provide a third meal (even the judge recommended it) and her attorneys were bringing in snacks to keep her going. 

Little Miss Can't Tell the Truth is not someone I would ever listen to. Only two meals a day? Which is two more than a multitude of innocent people in other countries get, and they didn't slaughter another human being. 

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Chewy101 said:

Little Miss Can't Tell the Truth is not someone I would ever listen to. Only two meals a day? Which is two more than a multitude of innocent people in other countries get, and they didn't slaughter another human being. 

It was actually reported on by the court tv attorneys.   I have no interest in defending JA, but I think three meals a day should be basic human rights in prison.  They're already eating processed, high salt and fat garbage.   In part I feel like it's a scam to force inmates to buy commissary.  In this Indiana prison, they should be able to improve conditions on the sales of e-cigarettes, honey buns, and the feminine products women are forced to buy - alone. Since the male COs are so horrified by natural female functions, the women should protest by showing exactly what happens when they menstruate with only two damn pads or tampons a month.  I'm surprised they don't have raging PIDs, or even toxic shock.  But then I'm sure when the CO eventually showed up to scream about someone pushing the button, they'd hand over an aspirin or two.

And yes, even the compulsive liar who killed a grown man should get three meals, when a habitual beater and torturer of her own six month old gets to eat.  

• Love 6

This is usually my favorite episode, but this one had so many layers to it. Ashley and Zac's relationship is just so sad...he was my fav last season, but not anymore!  I think the production should have let her have her own hotel room for the night to allow her to emotionally process being free without Zack being there. You can tell that she felt really overwhelmed and she was trying to stick a happy face on. They should've let her have a quiet moment in the hotel room by herself like everyone else got and maybe have Zack the ass bring the baby later on in the day or the following morning. Ashley looks completely different with make up on, when she went in for the debrief I almost didn't recognize her. It's really sad that she is so insecure to be married to such a jerk like that. 

I honestly do not believe that Ashley accidentally discharged Zack's gun. I think that Zack discharged it himself but Ashley took the fall for it. They probably thought that lying about it would make him get to keep his job but the company that he works for fired him anyway.   I don't know if this puts a black mark on his record and maybe this is why it's been so hard for him to get a job.  He needs to be careful that she doesn't use the new gun and shoot him for being a douche bag. How much did the show pay them for being on it?

Also, I don't believe that it was Ashley's idea initially to appear on this show. Zac definitely did it for the money and the career boost, but what woman in her right mind chooses to leave her newborn and go away for two months? I feel like that Zach coerced her into doing it to double their windfall. It must piss her off that he is traveling, spending money, and having a good old time while she was locked up. She probably isn't even going to get spent much of the money, Zac seems very controlling to me and the only perks she is getting is the ring, bag, and gun. 

Speaking of debriefs, I wish that they had showed us the entire debrief in more detail and not just the edited segments. I wanted to hear the full feedback that the participants gave the sheriff. It would also be good to see how the new changes would be implemented. I found it interesting that they let us see the meeting that the sheriff had with his staff after the program was over. It looks like there were  no more than 50 people in that room, so the jail seems to be really understaffed. Even if half the staff were working during that meeting it still seems to be not a lot of people for 300 to 400 inmates.  That explains the crap fest that is this jail. Some of his staff members were pissed! This is self could've been a whole hour, just having a little expose of the advice given by the participants vs the changes made. Did everyone see the sheriff make an appeal for more funding for his jail? You can tell that he really does care on improving the conditions but even so I think many of the suggestions by the participants will be left undone. 

Ryan turned out to be one of my favorite participants. It was nice how he gave that guy seven dollars worth of goods to pay off his debt. Probably because he knew his time was almost up. He played the game a lot more like survivor than an undercover agent, that's probably why he assimilated so well.  I think contrary to what the sheriff believed, Ryan actually was the best type of participant. Although it seems that in his real life he is somewhat of a loner and does not have a huge social circle. He went home to his mom and stepfather, no kids, no girlfriend, no one else besides essentially his parents. 

You could tell Scherri was so proud of herself that she figured out where the drugs were coming from. People who participated in this show, it seemed that they will need a lot of personal therapy just to get over the experience that they have and to deal with the culture shock of reentering normal society.  It's doubtful that the show will provide free therapy for them but you can tell that some of them (Ashleigh, MonaLisa, older black guy), they need it. 

I feel that Mona Lisa will use this experience to justify every single interaction that she has with her daughter moving forward. It was sweet how she apologized to her daughter but at the same time she still needs to work on improving communication and rebuilding her relationship with her daughter. Doing the show doesn't automatically fix everything and make everything all hunky-dory. 

Can't wait until the reunion. Now that the show is over will A&E move on to another jail in order to have season three and four? Did I read somewhere that the sheriff ended up getting fired? 

Will you be watching next season if there is another season? 

Edited by Spiderella2
Spelling, extra points
  • Love 4
19 hours ago, RedheadZombie said:

And yes, even the compulsive liar who killed a grown man should get three meals, when a habitual beater and torturer of her own six month old gets to eat.  

Respectfully, I don't agree. Three meals a day is not a human right. She took away someone's human right to breathe, I don't care if she only eats twice a day. Noone is starving her. Her lawyers certainly tried to throw that in there, but I am fine with two meals a day coming out of my tax pocket. 

I complete agree with you about the pads and tampons. Two a month? That blew my mind. 

• Love 2
20 hours ago, RedheadZombie said:

Wait, what did I miss. I thought she was charged with neglect and/or endangerment?  Where did habitual beating and torture come into it. Did I miss something?

22 minutes ago, Chewy101 said:

Wait, what did I miss. I thought she was charged with neglect and/or endangerment?  Where did habitual beating and torture come into it. Did I miss something?

I think they were talking about Jodi Arias.

8 hours ago, Spiderella2 said:

Did everyone see the sheriff make an appeal for more funding for his jail? You can tell that he really does care on improving the conditions but even so I think many of the suggestions by the participants will be left undone. 

The sheriff made a good point, he said people want to lock folks up, but if you want to do that you need more money to fund the prison. If you want more prisons, you have to be willing to pay for them.

My problem with Ashleigh was they referred to her as "Recovering addict/Mom," while everybody else's professions were listed.  Why was it so important to keep bringing up that Ashleigh was a recovering addict?  

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Chewy101 said:

The baby had varying degrees of healing broken ribs.  It's hard to break a baby's ribs because they're still pretty pliable.  The father admitted to shaking it, and throwing a glass of water in its face when it was struggling to breathe.  They waited a day to seek medical care when it was in extreme distress.  This baby was beaten many times in its life, and then would be beaten again while its ribs were healing.  I wouldn't be surprised if it was stomped.  That's habitual beating and torture, in my mind.  Especially when you consider the force required to break a baby's ribs often results in internal damage.  It's one of the worst child abuse cases I've heard of with a baby.   

• Love 2
On ‎11‎/‎5‎/‎2016 at 2:48 AM, RedheadZombie said:

This jail reminds me of that crazy sheriff in Texas, who keeps inmates out in tents in 110+ degree weather, and humiliates the men by providing only pink underwear.

That's actually Joe Arpaio in Arizona.

• Love 4