Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E06: Wear It

Tara Ariano

4 hours ago, topanga said:

thank you for clearing this up.  I replayed that scene several times and couldn't get the first name.

While yes, Mamie played professional baseball for a men's team, at least in this show, Ginny is still the first woman to play in the MLB and most people would not consider Mamie's playing in the Negro leagues to be the same thing. 

• Love 2
33 minutes ago, Hanahope said:

thank you for clearing this up.  I replayed that scene several times and couldn't get the first name.

While yes, Mamie played professional baseball for a men's team, at least in this show, Ginny is still the first woman to play in the MLB and most people would not consider Mamie's playing in the Negro leagues to be the same thing. 

I agree. I think it was another example of Ginny saying, "I'm not that special. I don't deserve or want all of this media attention."

• Love 1

Lindsy Fonseca! Makes me miss Nikita a lot. Glad she ended up being a good person and gave the video to the Padres. 

Also loved seeing Rita Wilson. Good episode seeing Ginny break down, but yikes with how this screwed her reputation. 

Love love love Elliot. And Mike ex's fiancé is smoking hot. 

Edited by twoods
  • Love 2

@twoods I don't think it screwed her reputation all that much. Amelia said that the fans loved it and it put her on the hot seat with Nike, but they're still endorsing her. And Rachel is Mike's ex wife. Now, the pictures on the other hand, we'll have to wait to see what happens. 

• Love 1

Both of Evelyn and Blip's unconvincing "Whaaaaaaaaaat?" were hilarious.

I liked Ginny's night out; sure it wasn't pure Vegas debauchery, but like she said that it felt so great to just be around normal women her age. The only people she has been close to that aren't related to her are a fellow teammate (whose father ended up being responsible for her own father's death), the ex-boyfriend who also plays in the MLB whose phone just got hacked, and Blip and Evelyn. ALL baseball-related people. Her entire life has revolved around the sport since she was like three, she had to sneak out of the house with her own mother just to pierce her ears, and her father made her choose between baseball and a school dance. It was so sad to see Ginny sadly look on with envy at the other girls who got to be all giddy and giggly over who they might go with to the dance, but she wasn't allowed such a simple thing that many take for granted. Her night out may seem boring and low-key, but that's the point. She's always has to be "on" and has had so little, if any, time to just hang out and play video games and just be silly and blow off steam.

I loved how management were all concerned about her mental well being. I'm also pleased that Cara turned the video over to them, but in the real world that would have been on the internet about two seconds after the pool dunk.

• Love 4
On 11/5/2016 at 3:54 PM, possibilities said:

Wait... when I was a kid I think there was a show about a high school basketball team. I was very young and my mother watched it. But I don't remember the details.

On 11/5/2016 at 4:58 PM, Moose135 said:

Being in a South Central LA high school at the time with the exception of ignoring white flight to have two white kids, in the school much less  on the team The White Shadow was the most true to life high school show for me. Much more so than Freaks and Geeks or Room 222 from when I was in elementary. Our football team even made a worst to first one year turn around that Carver basketball team made in the first two seasons of the show.

• Love 1