Type keyword(s) to search

Real Housewives in the Media

• Start Topic

This is in today's Daily Mail:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-3254249/Brooks-Ayers-parties-friends-set-tell-cancer-diagnosis-Bravo-s-Andy-Cohen.html

RHOC's Brooks Ayers 'films tell-all interview' but keeps it secret from ex Vicki Gunvalson... as cancer-stricken star is seen 'drinking and partying in Florida'

By Heather Waugh For Dailymail.com

Published: 19:47 EST, 29 September 2015  | Updated: 01:12 EST, 30 September 2015

It's the never-ending saga that threatens to tear apart the cast of Real Housewives Of Orange County.

But it seems that Brooks Ayers may be finally ready to reveal the full story about his cancer diagnosis that has had many of his RHOC co-stars accusing him of faking the illness.

Radar has revealed that the ex-boyfriend of Vicki Gunvalson has filmed a bombshell interview with Bravo's Andy Cohen which is set to air during the show's reunion episodes next month - but has not revealed to his former lover what was said.

Brooks reportedly flew to New York on the TV network's dime earlier this month and stayed in a five-star hotel, a source told the website.

They said 'Andy interviewed Brooks about his cancer diagnosis and all of the questions surrounding it.'

The insider added that Brooks didn't want to have to deal with the women of the show - especially Meghan King Edmonds, who has always suspected he was lying - so decided to film separately.

However, Vicki, 53, reportedly isn't happy about the interview and is panicking about what Brooks has told the Bravo host.

'Vicki was completely blindsided by Brooks’ decision to do the interview with Andy,

'She has no idea what was said, or if he threw her under the bus!'

• Love 4

'Vicki was completely blindsided by Brooks’ decision to do the interview with Andy,

'She has no idea what was said, or if he threw her under the bus!'

If you haven't lied Vicki, then you shouldn't have anything to worry about!!!!

• Love 5

But doesn't this come up every year with Vicks?  Wasn't it a couple of seasons ago when she said at the reunion she wasn't sure if she was going to come back?  My bet is on her returning.  She likes the 'orange' income and despite what she claims about her business, I don't think she's making what she'd like everyone to believe.  After her divorce from Donn, she was selling the house because she couldn't carry the mortgage after the settlement.  Apparently, she worked it out but I think the 'orange' income had a lot to do with it.

• Love 7

As far as I'm concerned, all Shannon did at the USC game was make herself look like an ass. First of all, during the eight month affair, does she really think David and Nicole only slept together "three or four times"?  I assume that's what David told her (lol).  It's great that she forgave David, the person who betrayed her, but how long is she going to continue to trash the woman involved?  And shame on David for not trying to shut the harpy up.  Of course if he did, she'd probably accuse him of still caring for the other woman.

I'm having a hard time believing that marriage is as rosy as Shannon is trying so hard to convince everyone it is.

• Love 9

I agree Parisprincess, there's no way things are wonderful if, she is acting out like this and drinking like a fish in her videos. I still find the time line of the ex girlfriend going after them at the football game odd with, it happening right when, it fits so perfect with the reunion.

• Love 3

I am glad the OC is doing well because it's my favorite franchise. It also makes it likely that Vicki isn't going anywhere. I might be in the minority, but I don't want my OG of the OC going anywhere. But, more importantly, it will stick in the craw of the rest of the women trying to railroad her off the show. I don't agree with Vicki's actions this season but I just can't deal with the self-righteousness of people like Meghan, Tamra, Heather and now even Shannon (though I don't put Shannon quite in the same category as the others).

• Love 6

Interesting article about Evolution Media, the RHOC production company. The article was written right after the tenth season wrapped up. It's about the 8 production challenges of making RHOC.

Ross_Baskin.jpg?13743d

http://realscreen.com/2015/06/08/making-real-housewives-of-oc-top-8-production-challenges/

Excerpt:

3. A best friend and arch nemesis: social media.

In the first few seasons of Orange County, when social media was either non-existent or still in its infancy, it was difficult to gauge the extent of audience reaction to the series outside of individual comments made to the women or on the housewives’ personal blogs. With the evolution of Twitter and other real-time platforms, however, Ross explains that his cast is more sensitive to negativity online, and has grown increasingly self-conscious about its behavior.

“It doesn’t only happen when the show is airing but it also happens during production, because even though it’s against the rules, the women are constantly tweeting about what’s going on and some of the conflicts, and they’ll get feedback from their fans and their haters, but mostly the haters, so they start over-correcting based on people who have very negative things to say,” says Ross.

The producer points out that Bravo did a study on social media in relation to the Real Housewives franchise and discovered that only one percent of viewers are active on Twitter during the show, but this is the percentile that generally does the most damage. “Those are the ones who freak the cast out and we’re left to pick up the pieces afterwards because they’re so devastated by what one person in their basement in Des Moines has to say about them,” he adds.

Edited by talula
  • Love 5

Thanks for the story.  They must be hating this year with all the post season Brooks interviews.

ITA they must be upset with all the interviews and after chatter going on that they can't put their imprint on. The horse is out of the barn, the cast has turned on Vicki and they don't want to work with her next season.

Evolution Media may have believed a part 3 reunion shift by Vicki would be enough to get things going in the right direction for next season...surprise!

• Love 2

Thanks for the story.  They must be hating this year with all the post season Brooks interviews.

Andy has to be furious that Brooks gave E his "proof", fake as it is, he still gave it to them and allowed them to investigate it. I doubt that he gave Andy anything to keep and verify. LOL

• Love 2

Speaking of Housewives in the media, this is about the RHONJ but is really interesting. If you have watched NJ, everything this guy says makes sense and I now believe these shows are not what they seem. Not much reality at all.  ;-(

https://famewhorgas.wordpress.com/2014/11/01/reality-tv-producer-shares-shocking-behind-the-scenes-secrets-about-the-real-housewives-of-new-jersey-exclusive/

Edited by freeradical
  • Love 1

Speaking of Housewives in the media, this is about the RHONJ but is really interesting. If you have watched NJ, everything this guy says makes sense and I now believe these shows are not what they seem. Not much reality at all.  ;-(

https://famewhorgas.wordpress.com/2014/11/01/reality-tv-producer-shares-shocking-behind-the-scenes-secrets-about-the-real-housewives-of-new-jersey-exclusive/

This site, FW, is at best questionable. LOL They are very pro Teresa and very anti Melissa/Jac/Caroline, to the point that anything they write/post has to be taken with a grain of salt, OK, a TON of salt. LOL If you noticed, they didn't put any blame on Teresa and skipped over known facts, like Caroline was mad at Teresa because she started the fight in PC that got her, Caroline's, sons in legal trouble, but this article failed to mention that and only says there were "other reasons" for their fight.

It has been know for years that the producers ask each HW what is going on in their lives that they want to share on film, they can NOT force anyone to reveal/talk about something private such as health, legal issues, work, ect and the producers then set up the individual HWs "storyline" based on that info and then make a show storyline combining the previous season and their current lives/stories. Yes, the producers do things to amp up the drama like telling HW X that HW Y said something unkind/nasty about them and they do invite outsiders to up the drama as well but they don't make up/invent things about the HWs.  JMO

• Love 4

I apologize in advance for my lack of knowledge on this, but what exactly is Andy Cohen's role in the Housewives franchises? If he's not one of the producers, is he just the host for the reunions and WWHL? Did andy come up with the "real housewives" idea?

And what exactly is involved when one is the "producer" of a tv show?

Thanks

Edited by chenoa333

I apologize in advance for my lack of knowledge on this, but what exactly is Andy Cohen's role in the Housewives franchises? If he's not one of the producers, is he just the host for the reunions and WWHL? Did andy come up with the "real housewives" idea?

And what exactly is involved when one is the "producer" of a tv show?

Thanks

Scott Dunlop came up with the Real Housewives idea/show in 2004 and worked as a "Producer" on the OC show and several other HW shows/cities. Andy was an excutive/Head of Development at Bravo at the time and Bravo bought the rights to the show and took over. Jeana was THE first HW.....NOT Vicki! LOL Andy is still THE Excutive Producer over the RHW franchise and of course the host of WWHL show.

• Love 1

Thanks for the link. I found this paragraph very telling:

A: (laughing) “Oh come on, at the start of the season the production team sits down and gives a general overview of where we want the storyline for the show to go. ALL of the wives are in on this. We discuss popular storylines from the season before, storylines that need tying up, and also ways of threading in new storylines that look organic to the story. Do you really think we spend hundreds of thousands of dollars on just following these woman around with no plan? No, the season and the storyline has a basic outline from the first day.”

• Love 1

This site, FW, is at best questionable. LOL They are very pro Teresa and very anti Melissa/Jac/Caroline, to the point that anything they write/post has to be taken with a grain of salt, OK, a TON of salt.

Right. It's not the website that's believable so much as the insight. This is specifically a former producer being interviewed, not a blog. What he had to say about the behind the scenes info seemed to have no agenda and the story he's telling isn't really about Teresa. It about that season in general. I find the interviewee totally credible. JMO

Edited by freeradical
  • Love 2

Scott Dunlop came up with the Real Housewives idea/show in 2004 and worked as a "Producer" on the OC show and several other HW shows/cities. Andy was an excutive/Head of Development at Bravo at the time and Bravo bought the rights to the show and took over. Jeana was THE first HW.....NOT Vicki! LOL Andy is still THE Excutive Producer over the RHW franchise and of course the host of WWHL show.

Yeah, wasn't it Jeana's son that came home with the flyer asking for women who fit the description of the kind of "housewife" they were looking for? Vicki really elbowed Jeana out of the way to claim the show.

• Love 2

Right. It's not the website so much as the insight. This is specifically a former producer being interviewed, not a blog. What he had to say about the behind the scenes info seemed to have no agenda and the story he's telling isn't really about Teresa. It about that season in general. I find the interviewee totally credible. JMO

It's not the whole interview though, FW edited it down. It has been known for a long time that the shows do not happen "organically" but they do NOT make stuff up out of thin air. They talk to each HW before filming begins to see what is going on in their lives and what they want to share on camera, then all of the producers for that show get together and combine the individual HW lives together with fights/disagreements from the seson before to map out the show storyline, again all before filming begins. Things can be added in after this is done as the season progresses if needed, like Vicki's mom passing. When I read the FW article, it came across/read as if it is all made up, fake and it is not.

Yeah, wasn't it Jeana's son that came home with the flyer asking for women who fit the description of the kind of "housewife" they were looking for? Vicki really elbowed Jeana out of the way to claim the show.

At the time, Scott Dunlop lived in the same area/gated community as do Jeana and Vicki but he knew Jeana from parties in the neighborhood. Jeana was the first hired and then Michael got the information and gave it to Vicki. It was rumored that Vicki and Tamra were the cause of Jeana loosing her job/contract but I am not sure how true that is, although I wouldn't put it past either Vicki or Tamra pulling something nasty like that.

• Love 2

No.  Jeana was friends with Scott Dunlap the creator of the whole RH franchise.  He saw her life with her kids and they were going to do a show "Behind the Gates".  Vicki et al, auditioned and from there the show sprang.  Slade and Jo actually paid $3,500.00 at a charity auction for a guest role.  The OG of the OC is Jeana not Vicki.  Michael is the one who suggested his mom audition.

• Love 5

It's not the whole interview though, FW edited it down. It has been known for a long time that the shows do not happen "organically" but they do NOT make stuff up out of thin air. They talk to each HW before filming begins to see what is going on in their lives and what they want to share on camera, then all of the producers for that show get together and combine the individual HW lives together with fights/disagreements from the seson before to map out the show storyline, again all before filming begins. Things can be added in after this is done as the season progresses if needed, like Vicki's mom passing. When I read the FW article, it came across/read as if it is all made up, fake and it is not.

At the time, Scott Dunlop lived in the same area/gated community as do Jeana and Vicki but he knew Jeana from parties in the neighborhood. Jeana was the first hired and then Michael got the information and gave it to Vicki. It was rumored that Vicki and Tamra were the cause of Jeana loosing her job/contract but I am not sure how true that is, although I wouldn't put it past either Vicki or Tamra pulling something nasty like that.

Sorry Wire I said basically the same thing about Scott Dunlop.  There is a blog called B Side Blog and years ago they interviewed Jill Zarin and she was the one who relayed VIcki and Tamra screwing Jeana over.  At the time they were making very little money and Jeana was campaigning for bigger dollars.  The three originally stood firm they wanted more.  Tamra and Vicki then went behind Jeana's back and negotiated their own raises leaving Jeana out.

Regarding the storylines, I think they have always had to have some sort of direction.  Heather said something interesting in her Podcast about when castmembers decide to be their own producers it becomes inauthentic.  I thought that be directed at the great Gretchen Slade proposal.  To me, the Briana trip to OKC was a little contrived.  No offense to Briana's kids but because they are essentially non-verbal they are of little interest.  I believe Briana worked very hard to work Brooks into the conversation or we would have no Oklahoma footage.  Briana wasn't exactly a bundle of emotion over her new car.  Short of Briana getting divorced or cooking up some reason to move back to OC (like Ryan seems to do during filming) there is an excellent chance Vicki is going to have a tough road.

I predict for Vicki there will be a new man come January if  she has to go and laboratory and create her own Frankenstein.  Her only other alternative would be to try and mend fences and that is just not a role she is equipped to play as it would not be all about her.

Sorry Wire I said basically the same thing about Scott Dunlop.  There is a blog called B Side Blog and years ago they interviewed Jill Zarin and she was the one who relayed VIcki and Tamra screwing Jeana over.  At the time they were making very little money and Jeana was campaigning for bigger dollars.  The three originally stood firm they wanted more.  Tamra and Vicki then went behind Jeana's back and negotiated their own raises leaving Jeana out.

Regarding the storylines, I think they have always had to have some sort of direction.  Heather said something interesting in her Podcast about when castmembers decide to be their own producers it becomes inauthentic.  I thought that be directed at the great Gretchen Slade proposal.  To me, the Briana trip to OKC was a little contrived.  No offense to Briana's kids but because they are essentially non-verbal they are of little interest.  I believe Briana worked very hard to work Brooks into the conversation or we would have no Oklahoma footage.  Briana wasn't exactly a bundle of emotion over her new car.  Short of Briana getting divorced or cooking up some reason to move back to OC (like Ryan seems to do during filming) there is an excellent chance Vicki is going to have a tough road.

I predict for Vicki there will be a new man come January if  she has to go and laboratory and create her own Frankenstein.  Her only other alternative would be to try and mend fences and that is just not a role she is equipped to play as it would not be all about her.

I don't buy Brianna was working hard to work Brooks into the conversation when Vicki was in OK.  Vicki brought it up when she said that Brianna was going to stay with them.  I think Brianna made it very clear before we saw that conversation that she had no intention of staying at the house.  Vicki also made it very clear that she didn't want to talk about it on camera but it was Vicki who brought it up.  Even without that convo, I think the scenes in OK would have been shown just because of Vicki's ridiculous reactions about tornadoes and needing her mother and plus her asking Ryan if it was ok to move the baby to give Brianna a break.  Oh, and then there was the SUV present.  Nothing about the scenes were any more questionable than scenes with Meg and her step daughter or Heather discussing the special tree window with Terry.

• Love 3

I don't buy Brianna was working hard to work Brooks into the conversation when Vicki was in OK.  Vicki brought it up when she said that Brianna was going to stay with them.  I think Brianna made it very clear before we saw that conversation that she had no intention of staying at the house.  Vicki also made it very clear that she didn't want to talk about it on camera but it was Vicki who brought it up.  Even without that convo, I think the scenes in OK would have been shown just because of Vicki's ridiculous reactions about tornadoes and needing her mother and plus her asking Ryan if it was ok to move the baby to give Brianna a break.  Oh, and then there was the SUV present.  Nothing about the scenes were any more questionable than scenes with Meg and her step daughter or Heather discussing the special tree window with Terry.

Sorry Breezy but Briana was the one working Brooks into the conversation.  Briana raised the issue and pursued her mother.  Briana knows she won't get a paycheck or two trips back home for just showing the grandkids.  I know when I am being played, no Brooks no paycheck for Briana. 

I will give you the SUV present because Vicki needed a reason to go to Oklahoma.  Checking out the storm cellar does not pay for a trip.  Nor does eating dinner at Mickey Mantle's.   Briana knows what pays the bills.  My suspicions were raised when Briana was prattling on about chemotherapy and travelling-Brooks hadn't had chemo since the third week of January, the conversation took place the first week of April.  Brooks had also publicly announced on March 20th, he was giving up chemo.   

I think Vicki and her boyfriend and daughter are all a little bit of actors, stretching the facts and creating drama.  Buying my silence was the icing on the cake.  Obviously Vicki had asked Briana not to talk about Brooks. 

• Love 1

Buying my silence was the icing on the cake.  . 

Why would anyone on this -- or really any HWs show, eg, let me ponder, well, gosh, Beverly Hills -- possibly want to buy your silence? 

Why would anyone on this -- or really any HWs show, eg, let me ponder, well, gosh, Beverly Hills -- possibly want to buy your silence? 

My reference was to Briana saying the car was her mother buying her silence about Brooks.  So I really don't get your reference.

My reference was to Briana saying the car was her mother buying her silence about Brooks.  So I really don't get your reference.

O. tha-a-at's what you meant. Darn pesky "" marks make all the diff when it comes to context, I guess. Now as for my reference, well, I'm not sure why you're befuddled. It seems remarkably clear to me.

Sorry Breezy but Briana was the one working Brooks into the conversation.  Briana raised the issue and pursued her mother.  Briana knows she won't get a paycheck or two trips back home for just showing the grandkids.  I know when I am being played, no Brooks no paycheck for Briana. 

I will give you the SUV present because Vicki needed a reason to go to Oklahoma.  Checking out the storm cellar does not pay for a trip.  Nor does eating dinner at Mickey Mantle's.   Briana knows what pays the bills.  My suspicions were raised when Briana was prattling on about chemotherapy and travelling-Brooks hadn't had chemo since the third week of January, the conversation took place the first week of April.  Brooks had also publicly announced on March 20th, he was giving up chemo.   

I think Vicki and her boyfriend and daughter are all a little bit of actors, stretching the facts and creating drama.  Buying my silence was the icing on the cake.  Obviously Vicki had asked Briana not to talk about Brooks. 

Hey, we can agree to disagree.  Vicki brought up missing Brianna and Brianna said I'll see you in two weeks in OC. The conversation could have ended but Vicki brought up about staying at the house, not Brianna.  I place this all on Vicki because Brianna said that she and her mother had already discussed this and Brianna made it clear she was going to stay at a hotel.  Then Vicki brought up that Brooks would be 'out of town' and there was no reason for Brianna not to stay at the house. 

Vicki's trip to OK and having a film crew wasn't out of the ordinary if the show was being filmed.  Heck, they went to Minnesota to film Heather and Terry.  

• Love 2

I liked that we saw the housewives being filmed while away from the group this season...Vicki in oklahoma...heather in Minnesota. .and tamra in northern california. I did read thst meghan and jimmy were filmed in st. Louis but i guesd they were shown bring affectonate thus not fitting in the narrative the show has established for themm. It's one of the things that makes this show the one that has stayed closest to its original roots.

Edited by JAYJAY1979

Different source for what ZM posted - Brooks is sowwy for faking his bill. 

http://dlisted.com/2015/11/11/brooks-ayers-of-rhoc-is-sorry-for-faking-his-chemotherapy-bills-still-claims-he-has-cancer/

And Vicki will nevah evah speak to Brooks again!

http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/vicki-gunvalson-vows-to-never-speak-to-brooks-ayers-again-20151111

Someone needs to give trashbag Gunvalson endless therapy and a giftcard to Babeland.   What a heinous loser. 

• Love 9

Heather caving in and speaking with Vicki.  http://www.starpulse.com/news/index.php/2015/11/11/is-heather-dubrow-giving-vicki-gunvals

I just wonder how the others feel about going on Heather's show and then Heather turning around and doing this type of thing.  I doubt Vicki will give her the ammo-Heather is just a little too close to Tamra.

Heather said that she also invited Vicki to be on her first Podcast along with Tamra/Shannon and that Vicki declined. Vicki contacted Heather after the show was aired, not the other way around, to tell Heather she wasn't pleased with what Heather, Tamra and Shannon said.

• Love 3

Heather said that she also invited Vicki to be on her first Podcast along with Tamra/Shannon and that Vicki declined. Vicki contacted Heather after the show was aired, not the other way around, to tell Heather she wasn't pleased with what Heather, Tamra and Shannon said.

It was more of the way the article was written about there being a gang up and Heather saying she taking Vicki's side ( I assume against Brooks).  I doubt Vicki will go on as I see her making the rounds with like ET or even WWHL with a very sympathetic talkative co-guest.  At this point the less she says the better. 

• Love 2

Different source for what ZM posted - Brooks is sowwy for faking his bill.

http://dlisted.com/2015/11/11/brooks-ayers-of-rhoc-is-sorry-for-faking-his-chemotherapy-bills-still-claims-he-has-cancer/

And Vicki will nevah evah speak to Brooks again!

http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/vicki-gunvalson-vows-to-never-speak-to-brooks-ayers-again-20151111

Someone needs to give trashbag Gunvalson endless therapy and a giftcard to Babeland. What a heinous loser.

Omahgahd!

Michael K has spoken and Babbling still says he has cancer.

There are several things not on the level and it ain't only Babbling Brooks.

I give up.

No more Bravo for me.

• Love 1

God I have such a sick love-to-hate relationship with Kara Keough and Briana.

I predict Briana will make her way back on the show. For all her talk about hating drama, she created a lot of it this season. I'm sorry to even doubt her accusations about Brooks because of their severity, but I just can't trust someone who smiles as they chew someone out and humiliate their mother on national television. Whenever she brings him up she gets this shit-eating grin on her face. I'm sorry but if I thought someone was physically abusing my mom I would certainly not be smiling!!

Edited by misschung
  • Love 3

I mostly believe what Brianna has to say about Brooks, but I think her smile comes from a lot of her misdirected rage which really should be pointed at Vicki. Brianna clearly does stand up to Vicki a lot, but there is a way that the two are still enmeshed that leads me to believe that Brianna has never fully allowed herself the full extent of her rage at Vicki's controlling, narcissistic, manipulative ways and the effect that it has had on her (Brianna's) life. I think there is a way Brianna is still in denial about just how fucked up her upbringing with Vicki often was, and rather than really getting true separation from Vicki (for a time, anyway), Brianna stays close with her, makes a lot of excuses for her but then gets her passive "revenge" by exposing Mom's dysfunctional relationship with Brooks. I feel like it's the place where Brianna finally gets to have her say - but without completely severing the relationship. I think Brianna has a lot of damage from childhood she is not really dealing with on a deep level.

Edited by PhilMarlowe2
  • Love 12

Totally agree with you.  I remember thinking that it was very telling when she said in a talking head that her disliking Brooks was a way to get back at her mom and say, "you're not perfect, either." 

Agree, and she does it on the show because her mom doesn't listen to her otherwise.    

Edited by OhGromit
  • Love 3

Just stumbled on an article about Jerry Falwell Jr. who is is now president of the conservative Liberty University succeeding his father. 

He looks like Slade. 

Yechh to both of them. 

http://crooksandliars.com/cltv/2015/12/jerry-falwell-jr-tells-students-arm

I mostly believe what Brianna has to say about Brooks, but I think her smile comes from a lot of her misdirected rage which really should be pointed at Vicki. Brianna clearly does stand up to Vicki a lot, but there is a way that the two are still enmeshed that leads me to believe that Brianna has never fully allowed herself the full extent of her rage at Vicki's controlling, narcissistic, manipulative ways and the effect that it has had on her (Brianna's) life. I think there is a way Brianna is still in denial about just how fucked up her upbringing with Vicki often was, and rather than really getting true separation from Vicki (for a time, anyway), Brianna stays close with her, makes a lot of excuses for her but then gets her passive "revenge" by exposing Mom's dysfunctional relationship with Brooks. I feel like it's the place where Brianna finally gets to have her say - but without completely severing the relationship. I think Brianna has a lot of damage from childhood she is not really dealing with on a deep level.

THIS^^^^. Really excellent analysis of Brianna, PhilMarlowe 2. One of the best I've ever come across on this forum.

• Love 5

Shannon and David Beador on The Steve Harvey Show tomorrow discussing infidelity along with several other reality tv star couples.

I thought I'd post this info for the 2 or 3 people who might want to watch. Lol!

• Love 2