Type keyword(s) to search

Real Housewives in the Media

• Start Topic

Danielle doesn't have her own thread because she's a "friend of" but I was looking for some information about why she was dropped.

There are some articles that she was causing all kinds of drama and it's amazing to me that for once Bravo decided to edit that out.

http://radaronline.com/exclusives/2014/05/danielle-gregorio-rhoc-fake-college-degree/

Danielle wants to be famous and is willing to go to great lengths to accomplish that. She said she is going to create sh*t to make the drama for the show,” the insider told Radar.

“She even plans on bringing her dad on the show for a paternity test, which makes no sense really because there’s no question about whether he’s her father or not. It’s just all a ploy to make drama and make herself a central character on the show. She doesn’t even care if she’s loved or hated.”

Everytime there's a gathering, she's there. She seems so bland compared to all these reports about her.

Bravo never had a problem allowing someone like Gretchen to fake her entire life, career, and issues.

I would love to know more about what happened.

• Love 1

Danielle doesn't have her own thread because she's a "friend of" but I was looking for some information about why she was dropped.

There are some articles that she was causing all kinds of drama and it's amazing to me that for once Bravo decided to edit that out.

http://radaronline.com/exclusives/2014/05/danielle-gregorio-rhoc-fake-college-degree/

Everytime there's a gathering, she's there. She seems so bland compared to all these reports about her.

Bravo never had a problem allowing someone like Gretchen to fake her entire life, career, and issues.

I would love to know more about what happened.

So weird because besides the one interaction with Shannon, Danielle hasn't said anything eyebrow raise worthy.

So weird because besides the one interaction with Shannon, Danielle hasn't said anything eyebrow raise worthy.

It seems to be the problem if you believe this insider* : http://allthingsrh.com/exclusive-isnt-danielle-gregorio-full-time-housewife/

"Great" family drama but disconnected from the cast = who gives a shit about her I guess ?

*You gotta love "insiders" on those websites meaning probably the third cousin of the hairdresser on set.

So, a few more details from the reunion - Shannon apparently handled herself very well, Shannon and Vicki are still going strong, Lizzie apparently leaves the set in tears after a huge fight with Tamra. And, according to the article, apparently the women are all going to turn on Tamra in Bali - which leads to her mad sprint through the hotel. God, I hope Tamra does not come out on top somehow at the reunion.

(edited)

So, a few more details from the reunion - Shannon apparently handled herself very well, Shannon and Vicki are still going strong, Lizzie apparently leaves the set in tears after a huge fight with Tamra. And, according to the article, apparently the women are all going to turn on Tamra in Bali - which leads to her mad sprint through the hotel. God, I hope Tamra does not come out on top somehow at the reunion.

Ugh, I hope not, either. I think Tamra is vying for my number one most hated housewife right now. Between her and Brandi. Both of them are trash.

ETA: Tamra's FB post : http://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10152617557868708

Lol, she's stoopid.

Edited by SunTheen

Is it just me or does Vickie's right hand look like its under Shannon's butt?

Like a muppet? Shannon's right hand is behind her back - maybe they are passing notes.  Meanwhile Lizzie checks the inflation on her implants.

• Love 2

Ugh, I hope not, either. I think Tamra is vying for my number one most hated housewife right now. Between her and Brandi. Both of them are trash.

I was just discussing with a friend today how Tamra is my number one most hated housewife - even more so than Jill Zarin or Nene or Kim Zolciak or anyone. And the reason, for me, is simple: I think most of the other vile housewives act out of deep insecurity and deep wounding whereas Tamra seems to just take mean-spirited joy in taking people down. That is not to say that Tamra isn't wounded or insecure (because she is) or that housewives like Jill Zarin and Nene aren't mean-spirited (because they are), but Tamra's ratio of meanness is just off the charts. Some of these other women are truly kind of crazy. Tamra doesn't seem crazy, she doesn't seem broken. She just seems like a wicked, wicked woman who genuinely isn't happy unless she is tearing down others. I really think she is the most vile of all housewives of any season of any city.

• Love 4

Bravo is playing the very first ep at 5:00 PM today.

Watching it. 

Matt Keough, is that his name?  Jeanna's husband?  Anyway, it reminded me when my husband and I met them at Hannah's in Rancho Santa Margarita.  Jeanna asked me where my son went to high school then Matt blurted away that anyone who lives in Southern California knows the Keoughs.  Found out his brother went to high school with my dad.  I called my dad later.  Dad said they were assholes. 

Funny to watch the first episodes.  Oregon is kicking butt so, this has been a fun NY Day.

Happy New Year my friends!

• Love 1

I'm torn on this.  On one side of the boxing ring there's bad mother Tamballs - on the other side of the boxing ring is controlling Simon.  I think Eddie is slicing Tamball's eye lid open with a razor and telling her to sit her ass down in the corner chair.  He doesn't want any of those kids, he only wants the boxer and his bike.  Then there's Simon....what a freaking mess.

Tough age for Sydney. Tough age and then add the reality bullshit she has to hear about from her friends in high school.  Girls are mean.  Tamballs should let it go and Sydney will get tired of controlling Simon and beg to come live with her.  Who knows.  Just sad all the way around.  Next up in the ring, Sophie (is that her name?)

Everyone must know how much I dislike Tamballs, but I would never ever want her daughters to go down the Curtin girl's way.  It's like that show...I won the lottery and then my life sucked.  Something like that.

Edited by Lablover27
  • Love 3

I'm torn on this.  On one side of the boxing ring there's bad mother Tamballs - on the other side of the boxing ring is controlling Simon.  I think Eddie is slicing Tamball's eye lid open with a razor and telling her to sit her ass down in the corner chair.  He doesn't want any of those kids, he only wants the boxer and his bike.  Then there's Simon....what a freaking mess.

Tough age for Sydney. Tough age and then add the reality bullshit she has to hear about from her friends in high school.  Girls are mean.  Tamballs should let it go and Sydney will get tired of controlling Simon and beg to come live with her.  Who knows.  Just sad all the way around.  Next up in the ring, Sophie (is that her name?)

Everyone must know how much I dislike Tamballs, but I would never ever want her daughters to go down the Curtin girl's way.  It's like that show...I won the lottery and then my life sucked.  Something like that.

When I see Tamra with her demon seed Ryan I think Sydney is probably better off with Simon.  I do think they should work at developing a relationship, unfortunately for Tamra that means acting like an adult.  Obviously the money is very important to Tamra but she needs to take a page from Vicki's book last season and dial back the drama.  Obviously Bravo feels  she is an integral part of the show because she is such a drama queen.  If she wasn't for one season would Bravo have her back?  I see a lot of insecurity in mean Tamra and only she can weigh her life's priorities.   If a child telling you they can't bear your public persona, although well paying, isn't enough, maybe she needs intensive therapy.  Another season of Tamra explaining, as she ruins the lives of others, it is an act, it is for the show, that is what I am paid to do, may be her swan song.

• Love 1

I thought when Shannon and Vicki became friends..and had comical adventures.. it made me fondly remember Vicki and jeana as bosom buddies. I'm intrigued to.see how jeana and Shannon would interact. Plus to see all three as friends.

• Love 1

From that article Jim Edmonds is NOT in the Baseball Hall of Fame.  I am a baseball fanatic and could not stand him as a player  as he always played shallow in the outfield so he could make unnecessary diving catches to get on the highlight reel.  Had he positioned himself correctly he could have easily made routine catches, but doing that doesn't get people talking about you.

• Love 2

here's an interesting tidbit about one of the rumoured new housewives, who husband is Jim Edmonds.. apparently, Jim's ex-wife Allison was suppose to have joined the show in season 8 but backed out at the last second.. thus we had to have Alexis back.

• Love 1

here's an interesting tidbit about one of the rumoured new housewives, who husband is Jim Edmonds.. apparently, Jim's ex-wife Allison was suppose to have joined the show in season 8 but backed out at the last second.. thus we had to have Alexis back.

Yea, it is a great backstory. I always heard that Alison backed out right on the eve of shooting because she was ill, but I wonder if it wasn't because she didn't want to be on a reality show after all. Her marriage must have been already in trouble because they divorced not long after that happened and Jim wasted no time in marrying Meghan. I also always thougth this was part of the issues with Alexis when she did come back. She had been fired and had been saying some pretty hateful things in the press, never realizing she would be working with any of those ladies again. Bravo called her the night before they wanted her to film and suddenly she was working with ladies who honestly could not stand her. Heather was also probably disappointed because she is really close to Jim and was probably excited that he and his wife were going to be on and instead she got Alexis.

I said last year that I believed Bravo would try to exploit any insecurities that Shannon felt about David with regard to his flirting when they came back for this season. It was just too big of a deal at the reunion. They were careful to show us Shannon's hurt face when the topic came up. Now I am even more certain. Meghan is the gal that David was flirting with at Heather's party, when Shannon told him it was rude to not have introduced her. Now she is going to be a regular, and she is close to Heather. Interesting to say the least.

• Love 1

Yes, bring on Megan cuz Andy CoWhore is allllll about exploiting insecurities. A mean girl himself. I can't help thinking that there's a special place in hell for him with a torture specific to each Ho'Wive franchise.

• Love 2

So no Lizzie...shame.  The rumored cast and Jeanna sounds interesting.

I'm still trying to get down to last seasons biggest mystery: Danielle!

But the original article says that all of the current HWs are coming back, so presumably that would include Lizzie. And wasn't that the rumor (that everyone was asked back) when it was leaked the Tamra wasn't fired? 

• Love 1

If the Katie Hamilton name-checked in the article is the wife of Josh Hamilton, I like her already based on this local paper article: http://m.ocregister.com/articles/josh-382246-katie-going.html. It also suggests she and her husband are by far the wealthiest couple ever to appear on this installment . . . Evidently, as well, Jim Edmonds just started following Alexis Bellino on Twitter in the past couple of days. Maybe Meghan's not going to get along especially well with Heather after all. . .

Yes, bring on Megan cuz Andy CoWhore is allllll about exploiting insecurities. A mean girl himself. I can't help thinking that there's a special place in hell for him with a torture specific to each Ho'Wive franchise.

Andy only does what they let him do. I like Shannon, but she came on the show and showed us the shitstorm that was her marriage right away. She seemed to not regret it, although it was cringeworthy at best. She said it made them stronger. It sounds like she is up for folks seeing the underbelly of her marriage, which makes it hard for me to blame Andy.

• Love 1

If Lizzie remains in the mix and Jeana contends for expanded screen time, it should be interesting to see if any post-production shuffles are made a la Atlanta since that's a starting roster of seven plus one (with Jeana poised to make guest appearances). I'd say production is also clearly building upon the trend of greater wealth started by Heather, Lydia, and Shannon with Meghan and Katie, so I wonder what the implications of that will be for someone like Tamra . . . will she finally turn on Heather for a gamble at extended relevance? Will Shannon have a storyline this year since she seems to have ironed out the ones from last year? I'm also kind of curious what Lauri's up to and what impact she would have, if any, on Jeana's return.

According to this, it is confirmed that the two Baseball wives are joining, and that Lizzie will be back as well.

And not to say "I told you so", but the article also mentions tensions between the Edmonds chick and Shannon. Could have seen the setup for that showdown a mile away.

https://tv.yahoo.com/news/real-housewives-orange-county-adds-two-cast-members-144801768.html

So two brand new cast member, Lizzie coming back, and Jenna Keough? How big is this cast going to be?

So two brand new cast member, Lizzie coming back, and Jenna Keough? How big is this cast going to be?

It sounds like J Keough is just going to make a few appearances, sort of like Adrienne on the BH show. 

Edited by motorcitymom65

Per the sentence structure in the article, I think the "potential rivalry" cited might refer primarily to the possibility of friction due to the hoedown history rather than to any new developments. Shannon does seem to harbor some insecurities about David's, um, flirtatiousness (as Tamra would call it, though I didn't really find any of his behavior inappropriate excepting the drunken "spread your legs" outburst, which was too ridiculous to be genuinely offensive, imo), but she mostly directed her frustration and anger toward her husband, from what I recall. If she's shrewd, she'll flip the script and buddy up to Meghan. I don't know if she's calculating enough to plan that; I wouldn't be surprised if she still hadn't checked out any previous seasons of the show. But she is demonstrably smart and intuitive; her recovery of her wits mid-gaslight last season is one of the most impressive displays of canniness I've seen across the franchise.

• Love 1

Per the sentence structure in the article, I think the "potential rivalry" cited might refer primarily to the possibility of friction due to the hoedown history rather than to any new developments. Shannon does seem to harbor some insecurities about David's, um, flirtatiousness (as Tamra would call it, though I didn't really find any of his behavior inappropriate excepting the drunken "spread your legs" outburst, which was too ridiculous to be genuinely offensive, imo), but she mostly directed her frustration and anger toward her husband, from what I recall. If she's shrewd, she'll flip the script and buddy up to Meghan. I don't know if she's calculating enough to plan that; I wouldn't be surprised if she still hadn't checked out any previous seasons of the show. But she is demonstrably smart and intuitive; her recovery of her wits mid-gaslight last season is one of the most impressive displays of canniness I've seen across the franchise.

Oh agreed.  If she has any smarts at all, she knew when she saw the footage they showed at the reunion where they were going to go this year. They often do that at reunions - give us a sly sneak peek at what the drama will be next year. I think that is how they edit the 12 or so hours of reunion footage. Try to show us things that will be relevant the following year.  It was obvious that this was where we would go. Hopefully she will flip that on Bravo and not go there. We saw enough of her marriage last year and it was beyond sad. I liked that they seemed in a better place and would look forward to them having more fun together this year. I firmly believe that the setup last year was for Heather to have big issues with Tamra and Vicki, but I don't think Heather was willing to play ball and flipped it on them after some mild issues. Shannon could do the same. 

• Love 1

The unexpected is what makes a housewife season pop.  The reason season 6 of NY failed was because it was so manufactured and scripted while season 9 of OC had some scripted moments, but a lot of it was unexpected.

For instance, I think the script set out for Heather to feud with Vicki/Tamra while Shannon was to become buddies with Heather.  However, Shannon quickly bonded with Vicki and to a lesser extent Tamra thus leaving Heather out in the cold.  So Heather turned on Shannon especially since she was a newbie, appeared gullible, and already thought she was kind of weird to begin with (remember her facial reactions to Shannon doing a DNA test on her twins, and believing she was a warrior who saved a nation in the past LOL).  Plus, the fact that Heather and Terry had trouble switching scripts whenever Shannon and her husband went against the script was also priceless. 

Tamra might have been more sloppy in season 9, but she certainly knows how to switch gears when someone veers off the script.  Unlike Brandi, she doesn't drink all the time so there are moments when she is sharp and has an occasionally funny one liner.  I do think with her being a first time grandma, we'll be spared her trying to get pregnant in season 10.. and see her spoiling her first grandchild.  It might make her a little less bitter if she has something positive to focus on.

Vicki and Shannon have enough quirkiness to have fun individual scenes on their own and together.. that they don't need to manufacture drama.  Also, Shannon was quoted as saying that she had watched the show.. but only the first 4 or 5 seasons, back when the show was more documentary-drama. and less scripted or fighting for camera time.

I'm still surprised Lizzie was asked back, but hopefully there will be more focus on her company and her extended family.. and less manufactured drama.  I kind of wish the show had shown more of her angry drunk rant in the limo, certainly seems like the facade of pretending everything was perfect was removed.  Darn Danielle being in that scene, or else we might have seen it fully.

• Love 1

Peggy in the news-she has missed the last 75 house payments so the bank is going to foreclose.  http://allthingsrh.com/former-rhoc-peggy-tanous-facing-home-foreclosure/

If true, it is about damn time.  She and her smarmy husband are always tweeting pictures of their bling and new car purchases.  I'd love to see a photo of their household possessions piled up at the curb and a notice on their front door. 

• Love 2

I think Peggy and Micah dissolved their marriage for legal/financial reasons. She has never acknowledged the filing from what I recall reading, and she has consistently posted social media images that suggest they're still romantically together . . . The Tanouses always struck me as weirdly sinister. The revelation that Peggy had been involved with Jim was odd in that I'd think it would have organically arisen prior to the moment when it served maximum narrative drama on a national television show. Like, wouldn't most people note upon meeting Alexis, "Oh, you're his wife? I know him." And in retrospect, it's difficult to believe that production was unaware of that entangled history upon her casting, which makes the whole enterprise kind of creepy. Micah also behaved in a strangely aggressive manner toward Alexis's assistant at the dinner where she locked herself in the Tanous bathroom. I did think Peggy's introduction was really well done and exemplified why I watch this series. Extended footage of her home, her interactions with her children, and the characteristics that made her unique (the homeopathy). OC seems to do this better than any other city in the franchise while BH and Atlanta often fare the worst in the same respect.

• Love 1

If Lizzie remains in the mix and Jeana contends for expanded screen time, it should be interesting to see if any post-production shuffles are made a la Atlanta since that's a starting roster of seven plus one (with Jeana poised to make guest appearances). I'd say production is also clearly building upon the trend of greater wealth started by Heather, Lydia, and Shannon with Meghan and Katie, so I wonder what the implications of that will be for someone like Tamra . . . will she finally turn on Heather for a gamble at extended relevance? Will Shannon have a storyline this year since she seems to have ironed out the ones from last year? I'm also kind of curious what Lauri's up to and what impact she would have, if any, on Jeana's return.

Tamra did try to turn on Heather last season. She just knew she was in over her head and retreated so that she could leave Shannon as odd woman out. Remember she started out befriending Shannon by talking about Heather having a stick up her ass, and there was also that stuff about Heather featuring her gym on the show. I think the one smart thing that Tamra did was she took Vicki to heart when Vicki told her that if she went up against Heather she would lose. That's one thing about Tamra, she has street smarts for days.

• Love 1

I wonder how Jeana will get along with the two pro baseball wives, especially since her genetically perfect son (insert eye roll) washed out of semi pro ball? 

• Love 3

I tend to think Jeana will be fine with them. She had her faults, but she never really had trouble getting along with the other women, as far as I can recall. If anything, she was always one of the most welcoming to the newbies. I recall her being the most receptive to Quinn, Lynne and even Gretchen, whereas a lot of the other women were not...

Yeah I recently saw an Instagram photo posted by one of the baseball wife newbies Meghan. She was out to dinner with her husband and Jeana, all smiles. I figured she would get on with the new baseball wives as she herself was one (or is she still technically one? I never remembered if she ever got officialy divorced from Matt).

Edited by georgekush

Ok I never thought I would say this...but Andy C. just brought tears to my eyes. Watching the World Dog Awards, and he talked about his dog Wacha, how his life has changed since adopting him, that the dog is the most important thing in his life, etc... And he definitely meant it.

I am picking up my new adopted doggie tomorrow, so I am a little emotional anyway lol...

But now I can't hate AC.