Type keyword(s) to search

Real Housewives in the Media

• Start Topic

Lydia may have intentionally been stirring the pot, but it is ultimately up to Shannon how she reacts to what is happening on the show. The fact that Shannon is already storming out of yet another event proclaiming, "I'm done!" is a testament to how f-ing dramatic she is at all times. It is possible to calmly say, "I have major issues with Vicki and I'd appreciate it if you don't compare me to her because it really gets under my skin" rather than admonishing, "I am NOTHING like Vicki! How dare you say that?" What amused me most about the exchange was seeing Tamra's wheels desperately turning, "No, no, no, Shannon, don't alienate Lydia - we need more allies on our side now that Heather is gone..!!"

• Love 11
30 minutes ago, PhilMarlowe2 said:

Lydia may have intentionally been stirring the pot, but it is ultimately up to Shannon how she reacts to what is happening on the show. The fact that Shannon is already storming out of yet another event proclaiming, "I'm done!" is a testament to how f-ing dramatic she is at all times. It is possible to calmly say, "I have major issues with Vicki and I'd appreciate it if you don't compare me to her because it really gets under my skin" rather than admonishing, "I am NOTHING like Vicki! How dare you say that?" What amused me most about the exchange was seeing Tamra's wheels desperately turning, "No, no, no, Shannon, don't alienate Lydia - we need more allies on our side now that Heather is gone..!!"

This is also the reason I love watching Shannon on RHOC. I find her dramatics quite entertaining. :)

• Love 4
On 6/19/2017 at 8:44 AM, ghoulina said:

I don't love Brianna, but I don't loathe her the way a lot of people do. I think the deck was majorly stacked against her, being raised by Vicki. I think she really struggles as an adult to have a relationship with her mother, with appropriate boundaries. I do think she seems like a good mother, and I was very sorry to hear her about Lupus diagnosis. 

Yeah, I agree.  I think she's a humorless snooze, but I also know she's Vicki's daughter, so cut her some slack.  I hope she regains her health, and doesn't let Vicki monetize it.  Girl needs to get far away from Her mother. 

• Love 1
On 6/14/2017 at 1:17 PM, ghoulina said:

Why does OC get to go to my dream places???? Last year it was Ireland, and I was lucky enough to take my first ever overseas trip to the Emerald Isle just 2 months ago. But I don't have any current plans to visit Iceland (or even the next town over) any time soon, so I'm going to get seriously pissed watching them act like a pack of wild hyenas in such a beautiful place. Ugh. 

These are the same heifers who thought West Palm Beach was swanky, and went on a cheesy Billie Swamp Safari tour.  No shade on BSS, but that's strictly middle class yokel stuff, not something a Lisa Vander pump would be caught dead doing.

though seeing Lynn Curtain all strung out and passed out on a couch at BSS will never get old.  klassy hoes, I tell you.

• Love 2
7 hours ago, ghoulina said:

But Shannon needs to really check herself. She's been one of the few I actually kind of liked/could tolerate on OC, but I don't think this show and the exposure has been good for her at all. She's coming apart at the seams. 

It does look like she is coming apart, but then I've always thought her entirely too fragile and emotionally needy to be on this show. I just don't think it is good for her. And now she is going to blame Vicki for her weight gain? Please. In theory, I dislike Vicki enough to want to blame her for everything. I would blame her for Climate Change if I could, but I cannot. And Shannon cannot blame Vicki for the fact that she has gained weight. I have wondered what it is like in their home when they are alone. If David has to do a lot of the "can you girls please be extra good and quiet tonight? You mom has had a rough day". People always tiptoeing around her for one reason or another for fear she is going to erupt. 

• Love 10
23 hours ago, motorcitymom65 said:

I dislike Vicki enough to want to blame her for everything. I would blame her for Climate Change if I could, but I cannot.

Well one theory about climate change is that a major contributory factor is methane gas produced by cow farts.

Now I ask you. Who is a bigger cow than Vicki?

• Love 13

If David has to do a lot of the "can you girls please be extra good and quiet tonight? You mom has had a rough day"

"No silly, mommy has vodka for that!" ;)

• Love 2
On 6/20/2017 at 6:26 PM, motorcitymom65 said:

It does look like she is coming apart, but then I've always thought her entirely too fragile and emotionally needy to be on this show. I just don't think it is good for her. And now she is going to blame Vicki for her weight gain? Please. In theory, I dislike Vicki enough to want to blame her for everything. I would blame her for Climate Change if I could, but I cannot. And Shannon cannot blame Vicki for the fact that she has gained weight. I have wondered what it is like in their home when they are alone. If David has to do a lot of the "can you girls please be extra good and quiet tonight? You mom has had a rough day". People always tiptoeing around her for one reason or another for fear she is going to erupt. 

There are times I start to feel bad for David for having to deal with Shannon,  and then I remember how he apparently had one of his daughters deliver his cast-aside wedding ring to Shannon on his behalf, and I realize this is just a really weird, off-balance couple. If you watched their live Facebook videos after episodes in Season 10, you could see how much they loved bonding over their contempt for Vicki - it felt like David loved being out of the dog house!

• Love 5
On 6/21/2017 at 8:48 PM, the killer said:

Well one theory about climate change is that a major contributory factor is methane gas produced by cow farts.

Now I ask you. Who is a bigger cow than Vicki?

I blame Vicki for cow sharts. 

• Love 3
On 14.6.2017 at 5:17 PM, ghoulina said:

Why does OC get to go to my dream places???? Last year it was Ireland, and I was lucky enough to take my first ever overseas trip to the Emerald Isle just 2 months ago. But I don't have any current plans to visit Iceland (or even the next town over) any time soon, so I'm going to get seriously pissed watching them act like a pack of wild hyenas in such a beautiful place. Ugh.

Iceland is so packed with tourists these days, they´re all over every street, every cave, waterfall etc. It´s just ridiculous. If I were you I´d wait a few years until it´s not so popular anymore.

I´m really sad that the housewives were here and I didn´t know about it. They´ll probably experience all the richiest stuff my country has to offer. I can´t wait to see where they go and what they do, hopefully there will be some locals mixed in, with shocked faces (most tourists I´ve seen are the polar opposites of these drunk, screaming banshees). I´m sure it will be wonderful.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, halkatla said:

Iceland is so packed with tourists these days, they´re all over every street, every cave, waterfall etc. It´s just ridiculous. If I were you I´d wait a few years until it´s not so popular anymore.

I´m really sad that the housewives were here and I didn´t know about it. They´ll probably experience all the richiest stuff my country has to offer. I can´t wait to see where they go and what they do, hopefully there will be some locals mixed in, with shocked faces (most tourists I´ve seen are the polar opposites of these drunk, screaming banshees). I´m sure it will be wonderful.

If you have reindeer, Tamra will screech about the size of their balls.  If you have dried/pickled fish, Vicki will fake puke it up. Kelli will tell unfunny Iceland jokes, possibly about Bjork.   Finally, insufferable Megan will ask every last person in Reykjavik if they are related to her.   

It all just sounds like a worse time than when the Kardashians visited, if you can believe that.  

• Love 17
33 minutes ago, Mu Shu said:

If you have reindeer, Tamra will screech about the size of their balls.  If you have dried/pickled fish, Vicki will fake puke it up. Kelli will tell unfunny Iceland jokes, possibly about Bjork.   Finally, insufferable Megan will ask every last person in Reykjavik if they are related to her.   

It all just sounds like a worse time than when the Kardashians visited, if you can believe that.  

AWESOME post!!  SO true!!!!

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Mu Shu said:

I couldn´t care less when the KKlan was here, they were all over the news all the time, but there wasn´t one single mention anywhere about the housewives. I guess I´m one of the very, very few people in Iceland that actually knows who they are. (I don´t know if that´s sad for me or for the other people, oh well)

There actually aren´t that many things that could offend Icelanders, and we welcome the opportunity to see people get shocked at our local "cuisine".  I think some over the top argument will be the thing to actually get people to "omg" in the background. My dream is for one of them to see an elf. It´s sad that Vicky and Kelly weren´t captured by trolls...

• Love 7
4 hours ago, Mu Shu said:

You forgot to mention that Shannon will trot out a tacky, overly done, wooly sweater to celebrate local Icelandic tradition!

• Love 6
7 hours ago, Mu Shu said:

Finally, insufferable Megan will ask every last person in Reykjavik if they are related to her.   

Too funny, I am picturing her running around, tapping people on the shoulder and asking, "are you my cousin? Cause, you know, my family is from Ireland, and if you replace the C with an R, we are practically from the same country!

• Love 7
14 hours ago, PhilMarlowe2 said:

You forgot to mention that Shannon will trot out a tacky, overly done, wooly sweater to celebrate local Icelandic tradition!

And badly attempt an accent. 

• Love 6
(edited)
On 6/26/2017 at 10:46 AM, halkatla said:

I'm so sorry the OC housewives came to your country and most likely: didn't appreciate its beauty, didn't respect the culture and left there with not one iota of gratitude for anything. That is just a prediction on my part. We'll see. Heather Dubrow was typically the ONLY OC housewife who truly appreciated these experiences in foreign places and different cultures.

Edited by chenoa333
  • Love 7
16 hours ago, chenoa333 said:

I'm so sorry the OC housewives came to your country and most likely: didn't appreciate its beauty, didn't respect the culture and left there with not one iota of gratitude for anything. That is just a prediction on my part. We'll see. Heather Dubrow was typically the ONLY OC housewife who truly appreciated these experiences in foreign places and different cultures.

I apologize when the OC wives go anywhere--Napa or Naples. Their behavior is awful no matter where they go. Though didn't we learn that Tamra secretly does a lot of the more culturally adventurous parts of their trips too. I think I remember Heather mentioned Tamra often did those activities with her.

• Love 2
(edited)
17 hours ago, chenoa333 said:

Thank you, but I must tell you guys that Iceland is not the typical place where people need to worry about offending the culture or something. We didn´t really get a chance to be proud of some high civilization like the rest of Europe, it´s basically a miracle that people could survive here.* And like I said, we are never offended when people scoff at our food, the more horrified someone is the more fun we will have. If you hate 9 things about Iceland and love 1 thing it will be enough to make us happy. That´s basically how most of the nation feels (except for the nature and horses, those are loved by all). If they just stayed in some really exclusive, far out place they wont get a chance to mix with the locals. The people that get shocked around them are probably other foreigners :) I personally can´t wait to see Tamra and Vicky drink brennivín with shark meat. It´s very them. I would have loved to see Heather trying to stay civilized when all of that wonderful weirdness is happening (if I get my wish)

* Don´t get me wrong, we have an amazing history but the housewives are exempt from knowing or understanding anything about that.

Edited by halkatla
  • Love 4

Bahahaha, "farts and superheros" - that's MY life too, Briana. 

It's pretty sad that all it takes is a job and not hitting on you in order for you to like your mom's boyfriend. Brooks really lowered the bar, didn't he? I know Steve is shady in his own way, but I think this new relationship proves that Briana isn't just an entitled brat trying to vie for her mother's attention. She just REALLY REALLY hated Brooks. (deservedly so)

• Love 7

It's pretty sad that all it takes is a job and not hitting on you in order for you to like your mom's boyfriend

And not having your mom's boyfriend advise your husband that it's ok to beat you.

God, Brooks was the worst.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, BBHN said:

Not the most exciting sneak peek for season 12...

I don't know what Brianna's husbands military schedule is as far as coming home but Ryan was clearly there with Brianna and the boys when they were in line behind me at Target last month. And just an FYI Brianna: you're not the only spouse of a military person who is raising children on their own while their husband/wife is away on active duty. At least your spouse is still ALIVE and actually coming home when he can. Quit whining and bitching. You are almost completely identical to your mother who you criticize all the time. Ryan (your husband) IS already married to the next generation of Vicki's: YOU. And your mom needs to fire that pu$$y ass therapist that the two of you had/have. 

Oh yeah...you're right BBHN..that clip was (as Vicki would say) ZZZZZZZZZZZ!

• Love 1
(edited)
On 6/26/2017 at 6:50 PM, halkatla said:

I couldn´t care less when the KKlan was here, they were all over the news all the time, but there wasn´t one single mention anywhere about the housewives. I guess I´m one of the very, very few people in Iceland that actually knows who they are. (I don´t know if that´s sad for me or for the other people, oh well)

There actually aren´t that many things that could offend Icelanders, and we welcome the opportunity to see people get shocked at our local "cuisine".  I think some over the top argument will be the thing to actually get people to "omg" in the background. My dream is for one of them to see an elf. It´s sad that Vicky and Kelly weren´t captured by trolls...

I would pay fifty bucks to see Vicki and Kelly captured by trolls and poked with sticks.  Even if the trolls are fake.  But with real sticks.  

Oh, and is that shark meat the kind where they bury a dead shark, then dig it back up and eat it?  

Still beats squirrel head gumbo.

Edited by Mu Shu
  • Love 4
41 minutes ago, Mu Shu said:

I would pay fifty bucks to see Vicki and Kelly captured by trolls and poked with sticks.  Even if the trolls are fake.  But with real sticks.  

Oh, and is that shark meat the kind where they bury a dead shark, then dig it back up and eat it?  

Still beats squirrel head gumbo.

Yes, I think that´s the way they make it, more about it here: Hákarl

• Love 1

That's it.  I'm coming to Iceland for the harkarl.  I've eaten worse stuff in Cajun country.  The good news is that we're sure to see it served to  Vicki.  I hope she gets a heaping helping of it.  I hope she chokes on that rotten ass shark.  

• Love 4
19 hours ago, Mu Shu said:

That's it.  I'm coming to Iceland for the harkarl.  I've eaten worse stuff in Cajun country.  The good news is that we're sure to see it served to  Vicki.  I hope she gets a heaping helping of it.  I hope she chokes on that rotten ass shark.  

I don't know if I have it in me to watch another instance of Vicki gagging like a cat trying to cough up a hairball.

• Love 4
On ‎7‎/‎1‎/‎2017 at 10:40 PM, Snarky McSnarky said:

I don't know why the spoiler box is there, but Meghan sold her house:  

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-4657564/Meghan-King-Edmonds-offloads-Newport-Beach-home.html

Reveal hidden contents

Her house was lovely and looked comfortable and very much like pages 2 - 47 of a Restoration Hardware catalog.  Seriously, I could move right on in.

On ‎6‎/‎30‎/‎2017 at 8:50 PM, Mu Shu said:

I loved the food in Iceland, the nature is amazing too.  Vicki would not be on my guest list for any trip or meal I plan, she is classless, rude and reminds me of the unwatchable East Coast version of Ramona.

• Love 2
6 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Her house was lovely and looked comfortable and very much like pages 2 - 47 of a Restoration Hardware catalog.  Seriously, I could move right on in.

I loved the food in Iceland, the nature is amazing too.  Vicki would not be on my guest list for any trip or meal I plan, she is classless, rude and reminds me of the unwatchable East Coast version of Ramona.

I have said several times on both sites that Ramona and Vicki are very similar and that's not a compliment at all!!  If forced to choose who to spend time with I would choose Ramona.  She still has (though getting fewer and fewer) moments of normalcy but Vicki has been a mess for years and getting worse too.  

• Love 4
3 hours ago, crgirl412 said:

I have said several times on both sites that Ramona and Vicki are very similar and that's not a compliment at all!!  If forced to choose who to spend time with I would choose Ramona.  She still has (though getting fewer and fewer) moments of normalcy but Vicki has been a mess for years and getting worse too.  

I was thinking about the very same thing about Romona and Vicki the other night while watching New York. 

I am a firm believer that Vicki should have been dropped " from her show " which is why  I will not be watching but checking in here to see what's what!!  

• Love 9
3 hours ago, athousandclowns said:

I was thinking about the very same thing about Romona and Vicki the other night while watching New York. 

I am a firm believer that Vicki should have been dropped " from her show " which is why  I will not be watching but checking in here to see what's what!!  

AGREED!!  OC would be sooooo much better!  I wonder if Bravo even considers it?  She doesn't have many fans- especially after the Brooks debacle.  

• Love 10
(edited)
2 hours ago, PhilMarlowe2 said:

LESS THAN A WEEK TO GO! CAN I GET A WOO-HOO?

I'm ready for it but not ready to give it a "WOO HOO". Everyone is hoping for the demise of Vicki & Kelly. I'm giving a big "born again Christian" prayer for Tamra to go away forever. Maybe then she can devote more time to her Christianity....help the homeless, deliver meals on wheels, provide free transportation to poor elderly folks who can't drive themselves to doctor appointments etc. Oh wait, Tanra is too busy working on her middle age body. She has no time to be a real Christian. 

Edited by chenoa333
  • Love 5
On 7/4/2017 at 0:32 PM, charming said:

There's no redeeming Vicki...ever. I don't care how Bravo tries to spin it. I don't care how much it's going to be discussed as Shannon not being able to "get over it" or "move on" or "let the past in the past" or whatever the fuck. I can already anticipate the comments from viewers who are tired of "the cancer storyline" and don't want to hear about it anymore. Tough shit. What that woman and her scammer boyfriend tried to do was one of the most morally offensive low down dirty stunts that I've ever seen. The gall to try to take advantage and profit off of people suffering from cancer is incomprehensible to me. Vicki should not be given a platform on this show. No cute scenes with her grandsons. No Vicki being Vicki Woo Hoo whooping it up. Nothing. She deserves to rot. There are lines that no decent human being would ever dream of crossing.

What makes it even worse, beyond her knowing (at whatever point she knew) that he was faking it, is that she set up that stupid life insurance policy. That's more of the same: taking advantage of and profiting from people who's very lives often hang in the balance. If she'd wanted to do something to actually make amends, she would have simply promoted an actual (and reputable) cancer research charity. The one she chose to get involved with didn't even have their non-profit designation at the time!

• Love 9

Not sure if these have been posted already, but here are the new tag lines:

"I'm living the American dream, one sports car at a time." - Peggy Sulahian 
"If you can't take my sparkle, then stay off my rainbow." - Lydia McLaughlin 
"I can handle a baby, and women who act like one." - Meghan King Edmonds 
"The truth is organic, but lies are just artificial." - Shannon Beador 
"I go big or go home, and I'm not going home." - Vicki Gunvalson 
"If I want your opinion, I'll give it to you." - Kelly Dodd 
"I'm pint-sized, baptized and highly prized." - Tamra Judge 

• Love 2
(edited)
11 minutes ago, Snarky McSnarky said:

Meghan's is the only decent one.

Peggy's ... yuck. The "American dream" never said anything about sports cars.

Lydia's makes her sound like a 7 year old hippie.

Shannon's is .... grammatically incorrect (and also stupid). It should be "and" instead of "but".

Vicki's is, essentially, just "I go big". I mean, if she either goes big or she goes home and she's not going home, then it's just "I go big".

Kelly's should be "If I want your opinion, I'll beat it out of you." That's much more appropriate and accurate, after all.

And Tamra? First, she is not "pint-sized". Stop insulting little people and children, please. The only thing true in her tag line is that she's baptized because she certainly isn't highly prized. "I may be short, but I stand tall" would have been better (and equally meaningfulless).

I don't know who writes the tag lines, but whoever it is should be fired. Or at least "redistributed" so they are no longer responsible for writing (or brainstorming for) tag lines.

Edited to add: For Vicki's tag line, they would have been better off plagiarizing/para-phrasing the movie Stand Up Guys: "It's time for kicking ass or chewing gum - and I'm all outta gum."

Edited by MrSmith
  • Love 3
9 minutes ago, Snarky McSnarky said:

Not saying the first 3 ladies tag lines are very witty or unique but compared to Vicki, Shannon and Tamra, they sound like Harvard grads. And Tamra, the only place you might be "highly prized" is an old folks home at Friday night Bingo. 

• Love 3
17 minutes ago, Hockey Addict said:

Looks like Yelly Dodd got in a brawl on the fourth. Booze was present of course. Jolie and Michael were nowhere in sight. Which is good because it mighta been 2014 all over again

Supposedly it was a party crasher who was stealing drinks, etc.  The video just shows the aftermath (no kicking and punching).

http://www.tmz.com/2017/07/05/real-housewives-orange-county-kelly-dodd-fight-guy-4th-of-july

On ‎7‎/‎4‎/‎2017 at 1:32 PM, charming said:

There's no redeeming Vicki...ever. I don't care how Bravo tries to spin it. I don't care how much it's going to be discussed as Shannon not being able to "get over it" or "move on" or "let the past in the past" or whatever the fuck. I can already anticipate the comments from viewers who are tired of "the cancer storyline" and don't want to hear about it anymore. Tough shit. What that woman and her scammer boyfriend tried to do was one of the most morally offensive low down dirty stunts that I've ever seen. The gall to try to take advantage and profit off of people suffering from cancer is incomprehensible to me. Vicki should not be given a platform on this show. No cute scenes with her grandsons. No Vicki being Vicki Woo Hoo whooping it up. Nothing. She deserves to rot. There are lines that no decent human being would ever dream of crossing.

The worst part of it that the following season, Vicki tried to act like nothing had happened and denied ever admitting she had done it.

• Love 11