Type keyword(s) to search

Shannon Beador: Magic Crystals and Nine Lemons

• Start Topic

Hopefully I'm not late to the party. I haven't seen this posted elsewhere in the RHOC Forum. From the Daily Pilot, a local OC newspaper:

There was a funny little incident with one of the housewives that I'd like to share. At the USC game, a few weeks ago, my three girlfriends and I went to the Coliseum Club for a libation at halftime. There was a line to get in so we waited patiently at the front of the line. Then to my immediate left I saw the housewife and her husband cut in the front of the line. It wasn't going to happen.

I said, "No, you can't cut in line." The husband went straight back to the back of the line. By the way, nice move, dude.

But the housewife didn't. So I said, "Sorry lady [wrong word, I know], you need to back off and get in the back of the line" Blank look. Then I said, "You're not that special." Her response was, "Ah, ya, actually, I am.

Coincidentally, Shannon Tweeted from the USC game a few weeks ago. I don't think any other HW would have gone to that game unless they were with Shannon, since she is the only one who attended the school. The whole commentary is here:

http://www.dailypilot.com/opinion/tn-dpt-me-0920-commentary2-20140919,0,2276446.story

I'll be honest, I don't buy this story. It sounds like she's one of the locals that has an axe to grind with the show. The writing or description of what happened seems weird to me. They were patiently waiting for their libation? Come on.

I bet what happened was Shannon & David did look like they were cutting, she said something to David, he went to the back, Shannon probably lingered bc she wasn't paying attention and

Stared blankly at the comment because she was spaced out. The writer said the rude "special" comment and Shannon retorted. If I was spoken to that way, I'd probably say the same thing, honestly. Anyway, that's just my take on it.

ETA: sorry to break it to the writer, but there are plenty of OC locals who are just as shallow, fake and overly made up as the housewives. Is all of OC like them? Of course not. But, they still exist.

Edited by DeeplyShallow
  • Love 3

Well "libation" sounds like Heather got into the thesaurus again.  I wonder if she is smearing Shannon on the boards anonymously.  I can totally see the Dubrows trying to take the Beadors down anyway they can! Lol.  Really just kidding.

But Tamra also went to the game with Tamra and Heather McDonald.  So anything is possible. 

• Love 2

Well "libation" sounds like Heather got into the thesaurus again.  I wonder if she is smearing Shannon on the boards anonymously.  I can totally see the Dubrows trying to take the Beadors down anyway they can! Lol.  Really just kidding.

But Tamra also went to the game with Tamra and Heather McDonald.  So anything is possible.

I think you could have something with that theory. I absolutely believe that comment was made. I can totally see Miss Terry giggling with Tamra over how their stuff is better, then actually saying, "WE are gonna take the Beadors doooooowwwwnnnn", then squeeeing like a little girl while rubbing his hands together. I also believe he included Tamballs in that WE and that's why they were so surprised to hear it come out of Shannon's mouth. And, their dumbfounded looks for a sec when TAMRA brought it up at the dinner.

• Love 1

Thanks for the explanation on her last name.  What I was lipreading was not matching up with how I thought the name was pronounced and I just could not figure it out.  I think that a lot of people might be mixed up on the name going by the responses here, so I'm far from alone in this!

• Love 1

seeing all the other posts, I think we're going to need to break out the schwas if we're going to get the "Beador" pronunciation guide written correctly.  Like if I'm being more super precise I think I'd say it's like B'dor, like someone upthread said, emphasis on the dor, or like Buh-DOOR.  Someone else wrote bed-door, and I thought that was good enough.  But if we need to get it like nuclear science accurate, I'm saying it needs a schwa.     

Edited by OhGromit
  • Love 2

I think it would an interesting twist if the next season started with Shannon and Heather as BFFs. It may sound ludicrous, but it's not impossible on these shows, that sworn enemies become allies.

Of course, Heather may not come back.

But yeah, since a large part of Shannon's storyline was her troubled marriage (and the gossip around it), what is she going to do if that's no longer an issue?

I would love seeing Shannon and Heather bffs. It would make Vicki's and Tamra's heads explode.

I think Shannon has more in her than just a troubled marriage. I hope so anyway. I'm sure they taped other things, but the Bravo elves zeroed in on the troubled marriage. I'm sure they made sure we saw every scene in which Shannon was nagging the fuck out of David, so hopefully next season will be new material. I'm hoping for a take down of Tamra, myself.

• Love 1

Yes, filler under eyes and in cheeks, possibly in laugh line areas & lips. Along with being darker, her eybrows begin closer to the nose with the help of brow powder or pencil. Which is weird because her nose looks a bit thicker in the picture. Usually the further apart the eyebrows start, the wider the nose looks. Just my opinion, of course.

• Love 1

Motorcitymom65, that photo you posted of Vicki, Heather and Shannon is remarkable. All of their faces look alike! Same cheeks same mouth, etc. I think there are plastic surgery prototypes, and these three all chose the same one.

I don't think Shannon looks any different in that pic other than normal variations that occur in any pictures. Shannon has stated that the only thing she did was change her hair style. I believe her. She has proven herself to be a straight shooter.

• Love 1

I like Shannon. She's tightly wound, but I don't see that being a quality she developed late in life. Not that it wouldn't wear on you over time, but I don't think David married her and was surprised to find out she wasn't a mellow midwestern gal who likes baseball and hotdogs from street vendors.

But. While a lot of couples can survive an affair, I don't think David and Shannon are one of those couples, and for that the onus lies on Shannon. Not that I blame her...she is the victim in this situation....but I don't think she is capable of being happy with someone who was unfaithful. I see it almost like an OCD person who is unable to wash their hands. It will always bother her.

• Love 4

Lucille, I think I love you almost as much as I loved Butchie Yost for that quote!

There are dozens of us!

Here's Shannon getting her Ballbuster Booster Shot [/Kai]!

0161_std.original.jpg

I liked her more last season, even though she was the same insufferable nag.  Familiarity and Bravo editors breed contempt!

• Love 2

There are dozens of us!

Here's Shannon getting her Ballbuster Booster Shot [/Kai]!

0161_std.original.jpg

I liked her more last season, even though she was the same insufferable nag.  Familiarity and Bravo editors breed contempt!

I'd like to see someone put Shannon into a peaceful trance of self-awareness like the "See God, Kai" trick.  :-)

Of those dozens, Lucille, I'm the one that stuck around to talk to the real denizens of the actual El Camino Motel when I went on my own little JFC vision quest.  Seriously - I've never done anything like that before or since (and if you're also a Deadwood fan, I might love you even more!).

(edited)

Gotta say... Shannon's closet tour, on the Bravo website, kinda makes me really love her.  Not sure if this link we'll work, but here goes: 

http://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-orange-county/videos/playlist?clip=2876258

She's just so refreshingly honest and real.  It's actually kind of just fun and relaxing to watch her.  I could totally watch more videos like this, of just her showing us stuff around her house.  Like here's my kitchen, here's my fridge, here's my lemons... 

Edited by OhGromit
  • Love 3

My husband, of all people, pointed out to me that Shannon's nagging gives many rise to blame or forgive David for the affair. The way my husband views it is say David instead had made a bad business investment and Shannon had always engaged in a lot of consumerism. Things got so bad they filed bankruptcy.  There would be daily reminders of what the didn't have any longer, or how they had to change their lifestyle.  (Look at Joe and Teresa Giudice they ended up getting prison-but she never nagged him) no more dinners out with friends,  kids college fund gone.  So post bankruptcy  it would not be unexpected for David to be set off if Shannon spent money or Shannon to be upset and nag if David began doing things that reminded her of what  led to the bad business investment.  Or instead David was a sports gambler who gambled away the kids' college funds.  During their rebuilding period Shannon might be very uncomfortable with David watching sporting events.  Shannon might also be resentful of having to give up season tickets to USC games-something they enjoyed socially. 

My husband is a no divorce type of person so he agrees with them working things out and think David needs to listen to what he does that hurts Shannon.

My husband, of all people, pointed out to me that Shannon's nagging gives many rise to blame or forgive David for the affair. The way my husband views it is say David instead had made a bad business investment and Shannon had always engaged in a lot of consumerism. Things got so bad they filed bankruptcy.  There would be daily reminders of what the didn't have any longer, or how they had to change their lifestyle.  (Look at Joe and Teresa Giudice they ended up getting prison-but she never nagged him) no more dinners out with friends,  kids college fund gone.  So post bankruptcy  it would not be unexpected for David to be set off if Shannon spent money or Shannon to be upset and nag if David began doing things that reminded her of what  led to the bad business investment.  Or instead David was a sports gambler who gambled away the kids' college funds.  During their rebuilding period Shannon might be very uncomfortable with David watching sporting events.  Shannon might also be resentful of having to give up season tickets to USC games-something they enjoyed socially. 

My husband is a no divorce type of person so he agrees with them working things out and think David needs to listen to what he does that hurts Shannon.

Yes and No.  Yes, David has earn back respect and trust from Shannon BUT harping endlessly does not help, in fact, it can push that person away for good. I think Shannon punishes David all the time, 24/7, and never lets go of it no matter how long ago it happened or how often he apologizes. It's almost as if she is daring him to leave her so she can justify her behavior. JMO

• Love 3

I don't even know how to explain this, you guys, but there's just something about Shannon that I *want* to like.  There's some kernel of something that's endearing there.  I mean, she drinks straight vodka!  She makes self-deprecating lemon jokes!  That's my kinda gal!  But then she acts all uptight and unlikable... sigh. 

• Love 4

Im in the "Pooor David" camp too. Even though I do like Shannon she IS making it just impossible for him with anything.

IMHO it's not David buying sunglasses or doing anything specific that reminds her of the affair.....it's just seeing David!!

I mean heck she seems kinda happy and normal (well Shannon normal anyways) and then David simply walks in or calls and  "click"

How does David fix that??

• Love 3

Yes and No.  Yes, David has earn back respect and trust from Shannon BUT harping endlessly does not help, in fact, it can push that person away for good. I think Shannon punishes David all the time, 24/7, and never lets go of it no matter how long ago it happened or how often he apologizes. It's almost as if she is daring him to leave her so she can justify her behavior. JMO

We don;t see harping 24/7 we just see a few sentences.  I rewatched and Shannon essentially said she had been shut down and she had had a bad day. If alcohol was the trigger to the affair, then  every time he starts doing "shots' may be a trigger for her to worry.  What I see is Shannon having to be happy and make sure David doesn't have to deal with her moodiness because if he isn't happy then it is okay to cheat or leave she and the girls.

I don't think she has to justify her behavior. . . she gave him and  their marriage second chance.  To me maybe Bravo doing a disservice by showing these snippets if they are isolated or small part of the bigger picture.   Granted the entertainment values for all the couples is either salacious talk, (Tamra & Eddie), money talk (Heather & Terry), talking down to Meghan (Jim & Meghan,) nagging (Shannon towards David).  As far as really bad fighting I think Christian and Lizzie probably had the worst fight and in many ways I think Lizzie talks down to Christian.  I just can;t whip out the violins for David, he screwed up and should not be rewarded with rainbows and unicorns and his family walking on eggshells so he doesn't leave or cheat nor do I think he has to be constantly scolded.

I don't think he has to be forced to join in on Shannon's latest food/diet craze-because with Shannon at some level life is always about deprivation. Perhaps because she has always been surrounded with wealth, she needs to prove to herself she can exercise control a yeast free diet is the latest ticket.  These are the foods she is to avoid:  http://www.thecandidadiet.com/foodstoavoid.htm I would be beyond grumpy if this is  what I had to look forward to each day-and it is a choice. 

• Love 5
(edited)

I really liked Shannon last season. I almost wish she hadn't returned. I don't blame her for being angry and hurt by the affair, it really is a terrible thing and can feel like death. David did betray her and needs to hear her anger and hurt till she feels good with them again, if he really wants the marriage to work. If not then leave. Shannon is Cleary still very angry and that is to be expected. I hope they can move past this if they want the marriage to work.

Saying that, it looks and sounds horrible to be them right now. Why the hell do they want to do this on camera with everyone watching and judging.

Edited by imjagain
  • Love 6

Maybe I missed the info somewhere along the way but how long ago did David have the affair? 

It was discovered by Shannon on April 1, 2014. The duration of the affair unknown, nor if this was a first occurrence.  So after filming had wrapped and shortly before the premiere.  David moved out for two weeks.  By the time they filmed the Reunion last year in July, they had reconciled and taken an extended vacation to Hawaii.  Something wasn't working as they ended up at that terrific marriage counsel session and Shannon packed on 20 pounds.  This all happened between August and January.

I really liked Shannon last season. I almost wish she hadn't returned. I don't blame her for being angry and hurt by the affair, it really is a terrible thing and can feel like death. David did betray her and needs to hear her anger and hurt till she feels good with them again, if he really wants the marriage to work. If not then leave. Shannon is Cleary still very angry and that is to be expected. I hope they can move past this if they want the marriage to work.

Saying that, it looks and sounds horrible to be them right now. Why the hell do they want to do this on camera with everyone watching and judging.

best I can guess is they are still relatively new and don;t realize how raw they come off.  I will say it is better than vow renewals when it is pretty clear the marriage isn't working.

• Love 1

It was discovered by Shannon on April 1, 2014. The duration of the affair unknown, nor if this was a first occurrence.  So after filming had wrapped and shortly before the premiere.  David moved out for two weeks.  By the time they filmed the Reunion last year in July, they had reconciled and taken an extended vacation to Hawaii.  Something wasn't working as they ended up at that terrific marriage counsel session and Shannon packed on 20 pounds.  This all happened between August and January.

best I can guess is they are still relatively new and don;t realize how raw they come off.  I will say it is better than vow renewals when it is pretty clear the marriage isn't working.

I really believe it happened when they were filming last season, it would explain why David moved out then and her visit to Heather's house in the state she was in. I know they are trying to say it happened after filming ended but I don't buy it. At 1 point during that last season, Tamra said he, David, wanted a divorce and Heather alluded knowing to a deeper secret about all of that. IMO, they decided to keep that all a secret from production and not film any of it when it was happening but then decided they would use it for their storyline this season in case the other woman came forward in the press.

Either way, they should not be on TV airing this because of their children, David has to make up his mind, commit to the marriage/Shannon or leave for good and Shannon has to decide if she really forgives him, IMO she does not/will not, or leave him.

• Love 5

I really believe it happened when they were filming last season, it would explain why David moved out then and her visit to Heather's house in the state she was in. I know they are trying to say it happened after filming ended but I don't buy it. At 1 point during that last season, Tamra said he, David, wanted a divorce and Heather alluded knowing to a deeper secret about all of that. IMO, they decided to keep that all a secret from production and not film any of it when it was happening but then decided they would use it for their storyline this season in case the other woman came forward in the press.

Either way, they should not be on TV airing this because of their children, David has to make up his mind, commit to the marriage/Shannon or leave for good and Shannon has to decide if she really forgives him, IMO she does not/will not, or leave him.

ITA, suspicions were there, even if David didn't come clean until that day in April. I think Shannon was tightly wound and felt all of Newport was aware of their problems and why she was so angry with Heather, Tamra and now weary of Meghan. Meghan has now stated: a pink elephant in the room, I think Shannon thinks I was flirting with David, rumblings around Orange County, friends that overlap, etc. Shannon thinks Meghan is also trying to gaslight her after her experience with Tamra, Heather and the email chatter last season.

Meghan certainly is full of herself to think Shannon's should be acting according to her demands.

I do hope and I'm going to guess that the mess with David will appear more amenable as the season progresses. I agree with those who think editing will eventually improve on the Beadors.

• Love 2

I really believe it happened when they were filming last season, it would explain why David moved out then and her visit to Heather's house in the state she was in. I know they are trying to say it happened after filming ended but I don't buy it. At 1 point during that last season, Tamra said he, David, wanted a divorcearrow-10x10.png and Heather alluded knowing to a deeper secret about all of that. IMO, they decided to keep that all a secret from production and not film any of it when it was happening but then decided they would use it for their storyline this season in case the other woman came forward in the press.

If we go by what Shannon said, this season, essentially David was telling her she was crazy for suspecting he was having an affair.  So when she got the e-mail probably in January or February, it was him expressing he had had it with all the innuendos and accusations and if he was moving out finding happiness away from all the suspicion. Couple that with a very short time later they (Tamra, Terry and Heather) gaslit Shannon for sport at Lizzie's house.  I do think Shannon probably told Tamra she suspected David was having an affair but after lying with a straight face to Shannon, there was just no way she was going to throw that in the mix-on camera. if it turned out to be false it would put Tamra in the unforgivable not to return box.   I do think at Heather's lunch she might have implied an affair and that is why Shannon got the bum's rush out of Heather's.  At the end of it all it we learned Heather and Terry knew Shannon was coming over - more production magic.  I don't know that production would risk saving something like this for next year.  Shannon was new, no guarantee she would be back, she might have Peggied (Peggy Tanous)*on them and just quit if it got too rough.  They may or may not have previously in NY and it makes for a screwed up season. 

I am thinking they are leaving details out to protect the kids but one thing about signing up to do the show is had it blown apart in the middle they would have a Katie Hamilton situation where once it hit the fan for her she hit the road.  Shannon was just too good of material last year to let that happen.   To me, if David has committed to remaining in the home and repairing the marriage, committing himself to God, then he should stop thinking of the exit option ad see how to make it work.   Same with Shannon if she is committed to God and repairing the marriage she needs to loosen the reigns and enjoy what she is trying so hard to repair.

*One just knows the producers wanted to make that a story line and between the Tanous' financial problems and Peggy dating Jim-Peggy elected for the exit option.  They can't show what they don't have on film.  Jim was smart he smelled a trap and went to a concert that night instead of dinner at Tanous' where the trap had been set.

• Love 3

If we go by what Shannon said, this season, essentially David was telling her she was crazy for suspecting he was having an affair.  So when she got the e-mail probably in January or February, it was him expressing he had had it with all the innuendos and accusations and if he was moving out finding happiness away from all the suspicion. Couple that with a very short time later they (Tamra, Terry and Heather) gaslit Shannon for sport at Lizzie's house.  I do think Shannon probably told Tamra she suspected David was having an affair but after lying with a straight face to Shannon, there was just no way she was going to throw that in the mix-on camera. if it turned out to be false it would put Tamra in the unforgivable not to return box.   I do think at Heather's lunch she might have implied an affair and that is why Shannon got the bum's rush out of Heather's.  At the end of it all it we learned Heather and Terry knew Shannon was coming over - more production magic.  I don't know that production would risk saving something like this for next year.  Shannon was new, no guarantee she would be back, she might have Peggied (Peggy Tanous)*on them and just quit if it got too rough.  They may or may not have previously in NY and it makes for a screwed up season. 

I am thinking they are leaving details out to protect the kids but one thing about signing up to do the show is had it blown apart in the middle they would have a Katie Hamilton situation where once it hit the fan for her she hit the road.  Shannon was just too good of material last year to let that happen.   To me, if David has committed to remaining in the home and repairing the marriage, committing himself to God, then he should stop thinking of the exit option ad see how to make it work.   Same with Shannon if she is committed to God and repairing the marriage she needs to loosen the reigns and enjoy what she is trying so hard to repair.

*One just knows the producers wanted to make that a story line and between the Tanous' financial problems and Peggy dating Jim-Peggy elected for the exit option.  They can't show what they don't have on film.  Jim was smart he smelled a trap and went to a concert that night instead of dinner at Tanous' where the trap had been set.

I don't think the producers knew for sure that he cheated last season. They may have suspected something but everyone kept their mouths shut out of respect for Shannon/David and that includes both Tamra and Heather. I think Shannon told Tamra in that late night phone call that was not on camera but both ,T&S, talked about the phone call on camera when Shannon confronted Tamra about telling Heather. Tamra told Heather and Shannon told Vicki but no one told the producers and that was the right thing to do. IMO, there is no real reason for them to talk about the affair this season unless they were worried about the other woman coming forward and they should never have filmed David's apology to their daughters on camera.   JMO

• Love 2

Gotta say... Shannon's closet tour, on the Bravo website, kinda makes me really love her.  Not sure if this link we'll work, but here goes: 

http://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-orange-county/videos/playlist?clip=2876258

She's just so refreshingly honest and real.  It's actually kind of just fun and relaxing to watch her.  I could totally watch more videos like this, of just her showing us stuff around her house.  Like here's my kitchen, here's my fridge, here's my lemons...

I kinda liked that too but boy did she sound like Patricia Heaton's character from In the Middle.
(edited)

Shannon talks a bit about the affair.  Apparently unnamed other RH knew about the affair before Shannon .  She also said  that early on an argument resulting from the affair would last two days, now it is down to 10 minutesarrow-10x10.png.   http://podcastone.com/pg/jsp/program/episode.jsp?programID=781&pid=516578 I think this interview was about eight days ago.  Heather McDonald is friends with a lot of RH and this is her first Podcast. I only listened to the first half.  

Edited by zoeysmom
  • Love 1
(edited)

So I wonder who David had the affair with? No, I don't want it to come out on the show because I don't want anymore suffering for Shannon and her daughters.

Yet.......one can speculate. Somebody through his work?

Edited by Bossa Nova

So I wonder who David had the affair with? No, I don't want it to come out on the show because I don't want anymore suffering for Shannon and her daughters.

I was wondering too.

Yeah I don't want her on the show. I'm surprised it hasn't been leaked.

When he said in that therapy weekend that the affair gave him life, I was like yikes! (he was talking to the therapist not Shannon)

Makes me wonder if the affair was not just some random fling, but maybe he fell in love.

• Love 6

I was wondering too.

When he said in that therapy weekend that the affair gave him life, I was like yikes! (he was talking to the therapist not Shannon)

Makes me wonder if the affair was not just some random fling, but maybe he fell in love.

I'm guessing someone thru his work too.  That's where most affairs happen.

Whoever it is, I'm sure let him be himself. 

• Love 2

Someone into fitness.  I am wondering if it is someone from the gym or connected with the football team he was coaching last year.  I wonder if he is still coaching a team?  Shannon on the Podcast said David got very cocky during the affair.

Someone into fitness.  I am wondering if it is someone from the gym or connected with the football team he was coaching last year.  I wonder if he is still coaching a team?  Shannon on the Podcast said David got very cocky during the affair.

I was wondering too.

I am imagining someone who lets him eat starch, and doesn't need to drink vodka straight from the bottle before having sex with him. 

• Love 11