Type keyword(s) to search

Shannon Beador: Magic Crystals and Nine Lemons

• Start Topic

(edited)
1 hour ago, PhilMarlowe2 said:

Complaining about Vicki for three seasons in a row doesn't make for entertaining television. I really hope she gets a lot of backlash for it this season so that she'll finally move on or leave the show.

As been said many times before, Vicki's the original "OG" and she's going nowhere! ;-)

Edited by Avon.Blakes7
  • Love 1

I may have other issues with Shannon, but when it comes to Vicki vs Shannon, I support Shannon 100%.  I just recently watched last season's reunion, and Vicki's behavior was awful.  She really thinks Shannon should apologize to her, unbelievable.  Shannon owes Vicki nothing. Vicki is a liar, and a con woman.

• Love 5
(edited)

The thing is, I know this is just a show, but I think Shannon really did get close to Vicki. So I can believe she is genuinely hurt by what transpired between them. Shannon was really trying to be a good friend and help Brooks and Vicki totally turned on her and made it appear like Shannon was the bad guy. I'd feel shocked and betrayed, myself. But she needs to learn some better coping skills. If the dissolution of this friendship is effecting her so badly that she's experiencing rapid weight gain, she really needs to reprioritize her life - get in therapy and/or get of the show. It may have been in another thread, but someone described Shannon as being too fragile, and I think that's fairly accurate. It doesn't take much to get her all worked up. I do believe living with her must be emotionally exhausting. 

Edited by ghoulina
  • Love 10
(edited)
1 hour ago, Sew Sumi said:

I blame her weight gain on menopause. It happens to almost all of us unless you're built teeny tiny like Carole Radziwill or my 95 lb. MIL. 

More Shannon BS and buck passing; "it's not my fault I'm a big, fat heifer!" She's been hanging around Tamra too much to think she should be running around in a bikini or something! She's a mother of at least 3 little monsters I've noticed! My mom was one of those people who stay petite; size 6 and is losing weight and size as she approaches 80! 

Edited by Avon.Blakes7
(edited)
36 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

The thing is, I know this is just a show, but I think Shannon really did get close to Vicki. So I can believe she is genuinely hurt by what transpired between them. Shannon was really trying to be a good friend and help Brooks and Vicki totally turned on her and made it appear like Shannon was the bad guy. I'd feel shocked and betrayed, myself. But she needs to learn some better coping skills. If the dissolution of this friendship is effecting her so badly that she's experiencing rapid weight gain, she really needs to reprioritize her life - get in therapy and/or get of the show. It may have been in another thread, but someone described Shannon as being too fragile, and I think that's fairly accurate. It doesn't take much to get her all worked up. I do believe living with her must be emotionally exhausting. 

I agree with a lot of this - namely, that Shannon really considered Vicki a good friend and that she felt legitimately betrayed by what happened with Vicki and Brooks. Unfortunately, I think that Shannon's sense of betrayal brought out the worst parts of her personality that have since been on display for two seasons going strong -

First, as someone who went into Season 10 really liking Shannon, I ended up hating how she colluded with the others against a common enemy. In the first part of Season 10, I loved Shannon for being the only voice of reason that spoke out against Meghan's invasive nosiness. The other women clearly loved that Meghan was taking the ball and running with it, doing the dirty work of bringing this all out on the show, but Shannon had the decency to see Meghan for going way across the line (I know MMV, but personally, I don't care if Vicki and Brooks were lying, the fact that Meghan went so far as to call ex-girlfriends and doctors, and further used LeAnn's illness as her justification, was flat-out gross). But once Shannon fell out with Vicki, she suddenly saw a "new side" to Meghan. It also just felt disingenuous to me that she could similarly so deeply forgive Tamra for trying to label her a crazy alcoholic on national TV (one who was suffering a "psychotic break") - it just felt like Shannon, in her justifiable anger, was dead set on Vicki being the new bad guy, and she would align with all of her former enemies in order to make it happen (remember at the start of Season 10, Shannon was bitching to Lizzie that it looked like Vicki was making up with Tamra? She did not want that happening at all). I also disagreed with her assessment that Vicki was "too smart" to not be in on the cancer scam from the beginning. Vicki may be a hard worker, and good at insurance, but she is clueless as fuck when it comes to personal relationships. I personally think Vicki was "willfully blind" to what Brooks was doing for a long time in order to keep the relationship going, and while there is no way any of us will ever know what really happened, it just felt like Shannon was dead set on Vicki being this conscious co-conspirator from the beginning. Even when Tamra and Heather were trying to give Vicki an out, Shannon would not budge an inch. There was like this vendetta she had against Vicki, this pleasure she seemed to take in wanting to bring her down and expose her. And it is hard for me to forget that Vicki was Shannon's ally long before Shannon got voted Most Popular Housewife. Vicki welcomed her into the group and stood by her side. This is just all my way of saying that, yes, I think Shannon  initially had the moral high ground, but once she got set off, she would not let up, and it showed an ugly side to her. The same side that really wanted to see Kelly fall by the end of last season. When Shannon doesn't like you, she holds on to a grudge (unless of course you now have a common enemy - then, she will cozy back up to you). And with Vicki, it's just getting so toxic.

Edited by PhilMarlowe2
  • Love 8

All very good points. I tend to agree. I want to like Shannon, I really do. I find her zaniness and her insecurities to be a lot more relatable than these other women. She WAS the voice of reason for quite awhile there. But yea, I also am not a fan of the "enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap that goes on on these shows. It does make them all seem incredibly fake, Shannon included. 

• Love 5

It's interesting because I think she can come across as the voice of reason - sometimes she says just the right thing - but in so many cases I think she is unhinged, and I always have. I will never forget that trip to Mexico at the condo with Vicki and Brooks. She kind of freaked out about the small room. So many people defended her freak out because they said they would not have been able to sleep in a room close to the highway either. But the thing that always struck me was the way that David approached her. He said that he thought they should go to a hotel because he was worried that she wouldn't be able to handle it. And he seemed really worried. It was a super strange dynamic, and then of course she freaked out at the restaurant later and ran from the table.  I think she is super needy and has very poor coping skills.

And this season she is going to show us her belly again. She got huge kudos a couple of seasons ago when she did that (we have already been through the "Shannon needs to shed some pounds" storyline). Folks thought her courageous and brave for being so willing to show something so unflattering. Honestly, that is nothing compared to sitting your girls down on camera to discuss their father's infidelity.  Now she is going to do it again, and I guess some will find her brave. It seems all kind of pathetic to me, but weight issues are real-life struggles, so at least she is keeping it real. I think she is just a mess in about a million ways and is always trying to find a source for her misery. A couple of seasons ago she gained weight because of David's affair. Now it is because of Vicki. She is just exhausting to watch and has to be exhausting to live with. 

• Love 11
15 hours ago, motorcitymom65 said:

It's interesting because I think she can come across as the voice of reason - sometimes she says just the right thing - but in so many cases I think she is unhinged, and I always have. 

I think she is super needy and has very poor coping skills.

She is just exhausting to watch and has to be exhausting to live with. 

I kind of put her in the same category as Jacqueline Laurita from RHONJ  (save for the shit-stirring, of course...on the OC that's Lydia's job!)

They're probably what I'd be like if someone threw me on a RH set..just this normal, regular lady who is like THIS IS FUCKING BATSHIT INSANE and then getting really stressed and being all emotional about it...but kind of just reacting as one normally would, not calculated at all

(if that makes sense?  also I know everyone really hates Jac but for some reason I just can't!)

• Love 2
1 hour ago, teapot said:

I kind of put her in the same category as Jacqueline Laurita from RHONJ  (save for the shit-stirring, of course...on the OC that's Lydia's job!)

They're probably what I'd be like if someone threw me on a RH set..just this normal, regular lady who is like THIS IS FUCKING BATSHIT INSANE and then getting really stressed and being all emotional about it...but kind of just reacting as one normally would, not calculated at all

(if that makes sense?  also I know everyone really hates Jac but for some reason I just can't!)

Interesting. Personally, I would bet my life that both Jacqueline and Shannon have temper tantrums when cameras aren't there as well. Especially Jacqueline.

• Love 8
(edited)
On 6/21/2017 at 0:04 PM, Avon.Blakes7 said:

More Shannon BS and buck passing; "it's not my fault I'm a big, fat heifer!" She's been hanging around Tamra too much to think she should be running around in a bikini or something! She's a mother of at least 3 little monsters I've noticed! My mom was one of those people who stay petite; size 6 and is losing weight and size as she approaches 80! 

On what planet is Shannon a "big fat heifer"? Maybe she put on weight but she's hardly Gwyneth Paltrow's "Shallow Hal" character.

I don't think it's all that unheard of to put on weight on stressful situations, and if she feels betrayed by Vicki--in a very public way--well, I'm not surprised. (Though she should probably have better self-care rituals.) 

Edited by ivygirl
  • Love 8
9 hours ago, ivygirl said:

On what planet is Shannon a "big fat heifer"? Maybe she put on weight but she's hardly Gwyneth Paltrow's "Shallow Hal" character.

I don't think it's all that unheard of to put on weight on stressful situations, and if she feels betrayed by Vicki--in a very public way--well, I'm not surprised. (Though she should probably have better self-care rituals.) 

True, she is absolutely no heifer. 

It's not unusual to gain weight during times of stress. Lots of folks eat too much to compensate. But still it is not Vicki's fault, anymore than I would blame my boss for work stress if I put on a few pounds. It is Shannon who needs to learn to cope better. 

• Love 7
2 hours ago, motorcitymom65 said:

True, she is absolutely no heifer. 

It's not unusual to gain weight during times of stress. Lots of folks eat too much to compensate. But still it is not Vicki's fault, anymore than I would blame my boss for work stress if I put on a few pounds. It is Shannon who needs to learn to cope better. 

I agree with that -- and besides, Vicki can be blamed for so many things, it's not necessary to saddle her with Shannon's weight gain ;)

• Love 5
(edited)
1 hour ago, ghoulina said:

Maybe Vicki brought her one too many casseroles? 

...and the dish probably thrown into the back of one of those closets since the B. family seem to be severe "pack rats!" lol

Edited by Avon.Blakes7
  • Love 1

I don't think Shannon is overweight at all. I think she looks great. I did however find her constant complaints about her weight tiresome. But I find Shannon tiresome in general. She has way too much passive aggressive in her for me.

• Love 4

The problem with Shannon is that she's not fun without Vicki.  Yes I loathe Vicki, but Shannon sucks without her.  

She can try to hitch herself to Tamra's wagon, but she'll just get dragged.  She's too square for that probably a former pole dancer hellcat. 

• Love 3
7 minutes ago, Mu Shu said:

The problem with Shannon is that she's not fun without Vicki.  Yes I loathe Vicki, but Shannon sucks without her.  

She can try to hitch herself to Tamra's wagon, but she'll just get dragged.  She's too square for that probably a former pole dancer hellcat. 

I never thought of that as a friendship; more an alliance against Vicki! How long will it last is the question! The previews show quite a bit of shrieking at one another so the drama will be brought! When Shannon ends up alone again, who will take her in? If I were Vicki, the cold shoulder would be more than a fashion statement after how long Shannon's dragged this stuff out! Brooke's been out of the picture for quite a while now! ALL concerned need to get over it! 

• Love 2

I agree that Shannon was so much more fun with Vicki! They seemed to genuinely get along. Her friendship with Tamra just feels toxic. What will Shannon do when Tamra eventually becomes friends with Vicki again (as she always does)?

• Love 5
12 hours ago, PhilMarlowe2 said:

I agree that Shannon was so much more fun with Vicki! They seemed to genuinely get along. Her friendship with Tamra just feels toxic. What will Shannon do when Tamra eventually becomes friends with Vicki again (as she always does)?

A natural alliance would be with Lydia and her mom, imo.

they have the most in common. 

• Love 5
3 hours ago, LIMOM said:

A natural alliance would be with Lydia and her mom, imo.

they have the most in common. 

I like that part of Shannon - the kooky, New Age woman who thinks she has lost an enema cap inside of her. That Shannon is funny and offbeat. It's the stomping, swearing, "You're deplorable!" self-righteous Shannon I can't stand!

• Love 4
1 minute ago, PhilMarlowe2 said:

I like that part of Shannon - the kooky, New Age woman who thinks she has lost an enema cap inside of her. That Shannon is funny and offbeat. It's the stomping, swearing, "You're deplorable!" self-righteous Shannon I can't stand!

She needs that good weed that Lydia's mom will provide. ;-)

Shannon is not happy right now. She is not able to move on from David's betrayal. Not a dig, I could not do it either.

Do you remember Lydia's mom name?

• Love 3
1 minute ago, LIMOM said:

Shannon is not happy right now. She is not able to move on from David's betrayal. Not a dig, I could not do it either.

I don't blame Shannon in that instance! She will never move on concerning this "David" situation due to all that went on! We probably don't know the half of it concerning the other woman that her MIL accepted more readily! The distance she must have felt with this fool living an alternate life, going to bed early just to avoid her; I can't imagine "letting that go!" She's overcompensating IMO, defending him when he's little more than a sleaze who makes my skin crawl! That's one reason I have little sympathy for the woman! She's of "means," supposedly college educated, and shouldn't have put up with all that crap for as long as she did! Staying to "save a family" is selfish at times since those kids will probably have issues with all that drama going on in the house for years behind the scenes! ...

• Love 5
Just now, Avon.Blakes7 said:

I don't blame Shannon in that instance! She will never move on concerning this "David" situation due to all that went on! We probably don't know the half of it concerning the other woman that her MIL accepted more readily! The distance she must have felt with this fool living an alternate life, going to bed early just to avoid her; I can't imagine "letting that go!" She's overcompensating IMO, defending him when he's little more than a sleaze who makes my skin crawl! That's one reason I have little sympathy for the woman! She's of "means," supposedly college educated, and shouldn't have put up with all that crap for as long as she did! Staying to "save a family" is selfish at times since those kids will probably have issues with all that drama going on in the house for years behind the scenes! ...

I don't see it that way. I really think that she is trying to save her family. Remember, she  was traumatized by her parents divorce and she wants different for her daughters.

I agree with you that her daughters would be better served by a divorce. What troubled me the most, is when he used his daughter as an intermediary. It was awful.

At the end of the day, we all have issues, lol. 

• Love 3
(edited)
52 minutes ago, LIMOM said:

I don't see it that way. I really think that she is trying to save her family. Remember, she  was traumatized by her parents divorce and she wants different for her daughters.

I agree with you that her daughters would be better served by a divorce. What troubled me the most, is when he used his daughter as an intermediary. It was awful.

At the end of the day, we all have issues, lol. 

I was lucky enough to miss most of that! I do remember the kids creating a "date night" for Shannon and David so this had obviously been going on for a while to get the kids involved! At least they'll have money to pay for the future therapy! 

Edited by Avon.Blakes7
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, Avon.Blakes7 said:

I was lucky enough to miss most of that! I do remember the kids creating a "date night" for Shannon and David so this had obviously been going on for a while to get the kids involved! At least they'll have money to pay for the future therapy! 

We only know about the intermediary part because Shannon told us about it - we didn't see it. If memory serves David dropped off his wedding ring at the house and gave it to one of the girls to give to Shannon. A total dick move if ever there were one. 

• Love 7
36 minutes ago, motorcitymom65 said:

We only know about the intermediary part because Shannon told us about it - we didn't see it. If memory serves David dropped off his wedding ring at the house and gave it to one of the girls to give to Shannon. A total dick move if ever there were one. 

She's still with him so my sympathy's for the kids, not Shannon! 

• Love 2
9 hours ago, LIMOM said:

Mom. ;-)

IIRC I think it was Judy.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, motorcitymom65 said:

Yes, Shannon dropped that little tidbit on Access Hollywood or some other tabloid news show. With David sitting right there next to her. That was one of the major moments for me where it really started sinking in that there is a very dark, angry underbelly to Shannon. I get she was hurt by David, but she chose to stay with him, and there was no need to drag such details out in the midst of a tabloid interview. It really felt like she wanted to punish and embarrass him. And you could see he was not happy with the disclosure.

• Love 5
(edited)
18 hours ago, LIMOM said:

Shannon lives in California. She could get a prescription if she wanted to, but she won't. I'd hate for someone to slip her something, but she'd never willingly take medical marijuana. She couldn't smoke it because...her lungs. It couldn't be an edible because Shannon would freak out over the fat and sugar. Maybe there's a tea or bitters for her vodka.

I don't get the sense that Shannon would take antidepressants or anti-anxiety medication either.

Watching her bare knuckle her way through her life is really sad and unpleasant.

Edited by HunterHunted
  • Love 6
38 minutes ago, HunterHunted said:

Shannon lives in California. She could get a prescription if she wanted to, but she won't. I'd hate for someone to slip her something, but she'd never willingly take medical marijuana. She couldn't smoke it because...her lungs. It couldn't be an edible because Shannon would freak out over the fat and sugar. Maybe there's a tea or bitters for her vodka.

I don't get the sense that Shannon would take antidepressants or anti-anxiety medication either.

Watching her bare knuckle her way through her life is really sad and unpleasant.

Maybe if her natural doctor would gently suggests it, she might get on board.

like an ancient secret Asian thingy.

Come on girl, a couple of gummies ;-)

• Love 6
11 hours ago, PhilMarlowe2 said:

Yes, Shannon dropped that little tidbit on Access Hollywood or some other tabloid news show. With David sitting right there next to her. That was one of the major moments for me where it really started sinking in that there is a very dark, angry underbelly to Shannon. I get she was hurt by David, but she chose to stay with him, and there was no need to drag such details out in the midst of a tabloid interview. It really felt like she wanted to punish and embarrass him. And you could see he was not happy with the disclosure.

I think that was what did it for me as well. I have all the compassion in the world for Shannon about David and his infidelity. I think he is a total dick. Here she had gotten this great gig on a TV show (something she had apparently wanted for a while) and he starts an affair the same week. Dickhead, Dickhead, Dickhead. But he is her dickhead and she seems to want him. I just can't with the way she gave out all of those details, months after the events had occurred and they were all trying to move on. Can't with it because of how hard it all must have been for the kids at the time the shit was actually going down, but then to have to relive it all months later in the media and on TV.  When hopefully they had found a way to cope and move on. It just seemed incredibly cruel to me, and looked like Shannon was trying to stick the knife in David a little bit deeper. And I get that she wanted to, but man, she should have done it away from the cameras IMO. Or just left. She seems miserable either way. 

• Love 4

I don't blame Shannon for not getting over David's affair but she really needed to put the needs of her children first. Exposing unnecessary and hurtful details of David's affair was probably painful and humiliating for her children. David, though, was worse because he actually did the act that shouldn't have been disclosed. Giving his wedding ring to his child to give to her mother was horrible for the children and for Shannon.

I know Shannon thinks she's doing what's best for the kids by staying with David but really it's about her and her childhood wounds. She's actually doing the worst thing for the kids by having them live in conflict, which studies have shown is more damaging than divorce is. Shannon needs to realize that it wasn't her parents' divorce that was the real problem for her but the choices her parents made after the divorce. I think she said her father wasn't around much but the divorce didn't cause that. Plenty of divorced parents stay in their children's lives. He made the decision to be absent and that was the real issue. Divorce can be a really healthy thing for a family, and even though most children of divorce aren't happy with it consciously, on some level they feel relief, at least when they are aware of the conflict between their parents prior to the separation, which they are in the vast majority of cases. 

I really liked Shannon her first season but the affair and her alliance with Tamra changed my opinion of her. 

• Love 7
(edited)
4 hours ago, motorcitymom65 said:

I think that was what did it for me as well. I have all the compassion in the world for Shannon about David and his infidelity. I think he is a total dick. Here she had gotten this great gig on a TV show (something she had apparently wanted for a while) and he starts an affair the same week. Dickhead, Dickhead, Dickhead. But he is her dickhead and she seems to want him. I just can't with the way she gave out all of those details, months after the events had occurred and they were all trying to move on. Can't with it because of how hard it all must have been for the kids at the time the shit was actually going down, but then to have to relive it all months later in the media and on TV.  When hopefully they had found a way to cope and move on. It just seemed incredibly cruel to me, and looked like Shannon was trying to stick the knife in David a little bit deeper. And I get that she wanted to, but man, she should have done it away from the cameras IMO. Or just left. She seems miserable either way. 

Exactly. I know Shannon likes to say that they put it on TV because it was really happening and as an inspiration to other couples - but it just felt hollow to me. I think she wanted to still be on the show. Kind of like how she now won't leave the show even though she can't stand Vicki. And I think she wanted to punish David. I do respect that there is a way in which Shannon does "keep it real," but I think she uses that as a shield to deflect some really questionable choices. How crazy is it that that one moment was a turning point for both of us?

Edited by PhilMarlowe2
  • Love 6
4 hours ago, PhilMarlowe2 said:

Exactly. I know Shannon likes to say that they put it on TV because it was really happening and as an inspiration to other couples - but it just felt hollow to me. I think she wanted to still be on the show. Kind of like how she now won't leave the show even though she can't stand Vicki. And I think she wanted to punish David. I do respect that there is a way in which Shannon does "keep it real," but I think she uses that as a shield to deflect some really questionable choices. How crazy is it that that one moment was a turning point for both of us?

Glad to know I am not alone. But the other thing that bothered me - really bothered me - was when they sat the girls down for David's apology. On camera. I thought it was so uncomfortable to watch him apologize to his tween girls for his affair, and for us all to watch. Because these were girls at an age when everything is hard and dramatic and life altering. But then after taking heat for it, Shannon said that they had actually done that weeks earlier off camera, and they were just doing it on camera to show us what had taken place. For me, that was worse. For the girls to go through it once had to be agonizing, but to go through it again? How do you even set that up for the family? Hey, we need to do this whole horrible thing again for the cameras? I know you are starting to heal a little, but we need to relive it just for a minute. Maybe the girls don't even mind. They are on TV, and probably minor celebrities at school because of it. It just doesn't seem prudent to me and smacks of a kind of desperation that makes me queasy. 

• Love 9
On 6/25/2017 at 2:46 PM, PhilMarlowe2 said:

Couldn't she just write a book like other "normal" people???????

• Love 3

In my opinion, children want to see their parents happy, whatever the living arrangement or marital status. David has looked totally checked out since the first time we met him, and Shannon is misery itself. I think it is wrong to stay together for the kids when the situation is as unhappy as it seems to be. I would like to know what the girls think of their parents' relationship and what it says about marriage in general. I would hate to think that they would grow up and get into bad relationships/marriages but stay in them no matter what because that's what they saw their mother do. Or actively seek out men who are emotionally unavailable and distant, because that's how they saw their father treat their mother.

• Love 5

Shannon and Vicki are more alike than not.  Both are shrill, dramatic, and self centered.  That's probably why they gravitated to each other.  Both are exhausting, but I don't think Shannon is mean.  However, I would rather someone be mean such as Tamra.  It's less energy to deal with that the Trials and Tribulations of Shannon.   

David and Shannon together is as bad as Brooks and Vicki.  They're all toxic.  As bad as I think living with Vicki would be, it wouldnt be worse than digging stuff out of Shannons ass.  At least Vicki would be gone all day, because she does this rare thing called WORKING.  

• Love 2
On 6/25/2017 at 9:56 AM, motorcitymom65 said:

For the girls to go through it once had to be agonizing, but to go through it again? How do you even set that up for the family? 

And the falseness of making them play it out all over again ("This horrible thing Dad apologized for in private, that was so awful? We're going to replay it -- do a rewind! -- and all for total strangers watching us on tv!") What a way to teach your kids that nothing is sacred or intimate; it's all just fodder for the camera.

• Love 3
On ‎6‎/‎26‎/‎2017 at 2:14 PM, crgirl412 said:

Couldn't she just write a book like other "normal" people???????

Shannon's an attention HO! Any normal person would have dropped this show with all that was going on with her family life! She obviously didn't need the money, she's not dependent on David, and she does have kids to worry about concerning their emotional health! I've already said the funds are set aside for their future therapy needs! Besides that SOAP opera with David and his mistress, Shannon was trying to maintain on a nationally syndicated TV show with the tabloids fueling it all! Then she starts gaining weight last season under all that stress, but hung in there, allowing Vicki to torment her to her face on a regular basis; having it filmed to be relived again and again! Who's forcing her to do this? The woman needs help and I still have no sympathy for her! Her Hell is of her own making and she obviously doesn't mind sustaining it this way for all to comment on! ;-)

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Avon.Blakes7 said:

Shannon's an attention HO! Any normal person would have dropped this show with all that was going on with her family life! She obviously didn't need the money, she's not dependent on David, and she does have kids to worry about concerning their emotional health! I've already said the funds are set aside for their future therapy needs! Besides that SOAP opera with David and his mistress, Shannon was trying to maintain on a nationally syndicated TV show with the tabloids fueling it all! Then she starts gaining weight last season under all that stress, but hung in there, allowing Vicki to torment her to her face on a regular basis; having it filmed to be relived again and again! Who's forcing her to do this? The woman needs help and I still have no sympathy for her! Her Hell is of her own making and she obviously doesn't mind sustaining it this way for all to comment on! ;-)

I find myself having sympathy for her, because I think that she is so deeply damaged from something - I am just not sure what. But she still exhausts me, and she is the kind of HW that I like the least in general. The thing is, she came on the show (and has said as much) knowing that she had a beyond shitty marriage and hoped that watching it play out on TV would be good for them in some way. That is by far the most asinine thing I have ever heard, and I have heard a lot of dumb shit from these gals. There is a little conversation on the NY thread about HW's that come on with something to promote (or hoping that this gig will lead them with something to promote because of increased opportunities) and those that just come on because they are fame whores and want to be on TV. I have always appreciated the first group of gals, because I can actually understand this. I have at times put the needs of my family second due to my career (not in the big picture, but in small ways). Traveled too much, missed too many events, etc., because I had my eye on the end game. Things had to be juggled because I saw that sacrificing some things would reap benefits in the end for all of us. That is the way I see the gals who put it all out there because they have something else going on that they need to promote. They are willing to put up with the lack of privacy for their families, constant judgment, and people like us posting about them because they are trying to grow something. A person like Shannon had nothing she was trying to promote (except it seemed Grey Goose in the first two seasons). She was willing to put her family on display and show us the nasty underbelly of her life with what looked to be zero reward except to become slightly famous on a reality TV show. How on earth could that be worth it? I tend to give gals like this the side-eye, although there are exceptions. 

• Love 1

I was bored and recovering from the flu so I watched a few episodes from Shannon's first season on the show. Shannon has changed a lot. I keep watching David's behavior to see if I can detect any guilt or anything since we all know that he started his affair shortly after filming began.

13 hours ago, Mu Shu said:

Shannon and Vicki are more alike than not.  Both are shrill, dramatic, and self centered.  That's probably why they gravitated to each other.  Both are exhausting, but I don't think Shannon is mean.  However, I would rather someone be mean such as Tamra.  It's less energy to deal with that the Trials and Tribulations of Shannon.   

David and Shannon together is as bad as Brooks and Vicki.  They're all toxic.  As bad as I think living with Vicki would be, it wouldnt be worse than digging stuff out of Shannons ass.  At least Vicki would be gone all day, because she does this rare thing called WORKING.  

The first time Vicki and Shannon met they were even gushing over how they are both Aries and other women don't understand them. They hit it off right away.

• Love 3
(edited)

I don't understand Shannon.  

She chose to stay with David and work it out, yet she continues to be bitter, bitchy and combative.    I agree David is a dickhead, but damn ......... I can't help but see that she's got plenty of fault in their marriage woes. 

When she turned to the side in the kitchen I found her weight gain startling.  I'm not body shaming by any means, but she was BIG.  It just seems like a short time period for that amount of weight on her petite frame. I know she doesn't like to exercise, but it seems to me she always ate healthy.   Maybe she did A LOT of drinking?  

Edited by jnymph
  • Love 10
5 minutes ago, wheresmypizza said:

I think Shannon suspects David's cheating again, hence the weight gain. Even if he's not, I think he's a few quinoa bowls away from it. Dude looks miserable and she's completely unhinged.

They both looked like miserable zombies didn't they?   Pretty sad scene. 

I decided to blame the vow renewal.  It's the marital kiss of death.  

• Love 17

Shannon reminds me of some women (to be fair, some men, too) I’ve met throughout the years who have never quite found their niche in life and always seem a bit rudderless because of this. I know it’s been much discussed in the past that Shan did or did not 1) go to law school, 2) pass the bar and 3) work for a trucking company. Whatever is the reality, clearly none of this brought her any fulfillment.

It may be why she reacts so strongly when she feels attacked – because she doesn’t have anything concrete and (in her mind) impressive enough upon which to draw. She certainly can’t promote her happy and solid marriage.

I’ve liked Shannon from the beginning but I don’t like her victim demeanor and am perplexed that she still blames Vix for her life’s woes -- yet claims friendship with Heather and Tams, 2 people who seemed to rather enjoy the pain they caused her. Heather, I think, attacked Shannon because  Heather operates from her inflated sense of I am always right; Tams, conversely, attacks because she is that thing one scrapes off one’s shoe.

• Love 8
31 minutes ago, jnymph said:

She chose to stay with David and work it out, yet she continues to be bitter, bitchy and combative.    I agree David is a dickhead, but damn ......... I can't help but see that she's got plenty of fault in their marriage woes. 

I remember watching Shannon for the first time during her first season and thinking: This woman obviously signed up for this show to prove that the problems in her marriage were totally her husband's fault, and now that she is watching it back it is starting to dawn on her that she is also at fault for the obvious issues in that marriage. That was before the affair came out. But after the affair, it seemed that she reverted back to all of the issues in their marriage being David's fault, which is fair. She had every right to be angry and bitter about that. Then she said she wanted to work it out, but it seemed like she was much more interested in making David grovel and publicly humiliating him than looking at ALL of the dysfunctional aspects of the marriage.

• Love 13
43 minutes ago, steelcitysister said:

Shannon reminds me of some women (to be fair, some men, too) I’ve met throughout the years who have never quite found their niche in life and always seem a bit rudderless because of this. I know it’s been much discussed in the past that Shan did or did not 1) go to law school, 2) pass the bar and 3) work for a trucking company. Whatever is the reality, clearly none of this brought her any fulfillment.

It may be why she reacts so strongly when she feels attacked – because she doesn’t have anything concrete and (in her mind) impressive enough upon which to draw. She certainly can’t promote her happy and solid marriage.

I’ve liked Shannon from the beginning but I don’t like her victim demeanor and am perplexed that she still blames Vix for her life’s woes -- yet claims friendship with Heather and Tams, 2 people who seemed to rather enjoy the pain they caused her. Heather, I think, attacked Shannon because  Heather operates from her inflated sense of I am always right; Tams, conversely, attacks because she is that thing one scrapes off one’s shoe.

I have always believed that Shannon wasn't quite the victim she claimed she was her first season with regards to Heather/Shannon. I really believe she got the good edit then and as she continued on the show, her more true self is being shown, she is fun at times but she is also neurotic, whiney and she like to blames others for her own failings. In other words, she is no better than her co-HWs. LOL

• Love 6