Type keyword(s) to search

Shannon Beador: Magic Crystals and Nine Lemons

• Start Topic

Another difference between the Shannon/Vicki and the Heather/Vicki talk was that Heather addressed how this affected VICKI, how the other HWs were worried about VICKI and how any confusion made it look bad on VICKI, in other words, Heather made the conversation ALL about VICKI. Shannon on the other hand, made the conversation ALL about Brooks and herself! Big mistake when dealing with Vicki, it must be about her, even over Brooks. Oh, and Tamra did the same as Heather, keeping Vicki/feelings first and foremost, while Briana put Brooks and herself before her mother. Heather/Tamra, all about Vicki = good response from Vicki, Shannon/Briana, all about Brooks/themselves = angry response from Vicki! LOL

I don't know if it was intentional or not but Shannon finally got Vicki to say, "what do you want me to do?"   Shannon made some practical suggestions but Shannon has been the only one to say that the continuing doubt casts a shadow on Brooks' character.  I think that is what got to VIcki. I believe, Tamra probably passed on Shannon's sentiments that if Brooks were lying, Vicki would know.  Only Shannon knows if that meant Vicki is too smart to have the wool pulled over her eyes and therefore Brooks has cancer OR Vicki is complicit in continuing the Brooks has cancer scenario.  Interesting that Vicki claims, "Shannon is drinking the Kool-Aid."  

Vicki had no issue leaving Shannon TWICE once at dinner and once leaving her party.  Maybe Vicki needs to take a look at what kind of friend she is.  Not once did she apologize for leaving Shannon's party.  It is always about how Vicki feels.

• Love 4

Just caught WWHL with Shannon and Gretchen. Wow Shannon is totally smitten with Tamra...says their "very close right now." she also said her friendship with Vicki is over, no chance of reconciliation.

It looks like Tamra is getting along with all the ladies and Vicki is hated by Meghan and Shannon.

• Love 2

I know, Right Talula?!

Something is so off...the understatement of the year! It's the Ricky Santana thing to me as well. How can Ricky & Tamra not be friends anymore?! Does it have to do with what is going on with Brooks? Shannon was clear on WWHL that Ricky was the bad guy and Gretchen was insisting its Tamra. Just have to think, based on history, that Tamra is the ultimate pot stirrer, more so than even Meghan. Ricky was Tamras best man, he was standing next to her & Tamras mom when Tamra threw wine in Jeanas face. He's been also seen at Vickis side almost as often as Tamras. Is he no longer friends with Vicki either? Did we see him this season? He was at Tamras scary party and Hoe down but was he at the sex party? I thought I saw him there...why would Shannon stand by Tamra, not Vicki but Tamra and Vicki are still BFFs, or are they?

Shannon was so steadfast, as you pointed out, Talula, that Ricky is the bad guy. I find that the hardest thing to believe. Is Ricky disposable because he knows all of Vicki & Tamras dirty laundry?? Is it because of Tamras new found faith? I'm wondering if he will be at the Baptism.

Shannon was definitely not amused once Gretchen started with the Kool Aid line.

• Love 2

Just caught WWHL with Shannon and Gretchen. Wow Shannon is totally smitten with Tamra...says their "very close right now." she also said her friendship with Vicki is over, no chance of reconciliation.

It looks like Tamra is getting along with all the ladies and Vicki is hated by Meghan and Shannon.

Did Shannon not learn her lesson about Tamra last season?  Tamra had the ladies (sans Vicki, who stood by her and called Tamra out), thinking Shannon needed to be locked up in the nearest insane asylum, while also spreading all the personal info Shannon had confided to her.  Vicki may be a narcissistic shrew, but Tamra is a manipulative sociopath.

By the way, isn't this Tamra's third attempt at a coup d'etat a la Vicki (last one I recall was with Gretchen)?  I think Tamra wants to be the only OG of the OC.

Edited by cherry slushie
  • Love 5

I know, Right Talula?!

Something is so off...the understatement of the year! It's the Ricky Santana thing to me as well. How can Ricky & Tamra not be friends anymore?! Does it have to do with what is going on with Brooks? Shannon was clear on WWHL that Ricky was the bad guy and Gretchen was insisting its Tamra. Just have to think, based on history, that Tamra is the ultimate pot stirrer, more so than even Meghan. Ricky was Tamras best man, he was standing next to her & Tamras mom when Tamra threw wine in Jeanas face. He's been also seen at Vickis side almost as often as Tamras. Is he no longer friends with Vicki either? Did we see him this season? He was at Tamras scary party and Hoe down but was he at the sex party? I thought I saw him there...why would Shannon stand by Tamra, not Vicki but Tamra and Vicki are still BFFs, or are they?

Shannon was so steadfast, as you pointed out, Talula, that Ricky is the bad guy. I find that the hardest thing to believe. Is Ricky disposable because he knows all of Vicki & Tamras dirty laundry?? Is it because of Tamras new found faith? I'm wondering if he will be at the Baptism.

Shannon was definitely not amused once Gretchen started with the Kool Aid line.

Shannon was also saying she's anti anything Ricky says about Tamra because she knows Tamra has "changed." Gretchen says Ricky has given her lots of stories about Tamrat. Tamrat sure doesn't want Andy to bring back Gretchen. I think Gretchen may be holding off her marriage to Slade believing she might be asked back to RHOC. I agree the Kool Aid line really shook Shannon up. Oh well Andy needs to stir things up for next season and it might just include Gretchen with some new revelations about Tamra. No wonder Tamra is circling all the ladies around her...she sees the writing on the wall!!! As soon as she told Andy that she wouldn't want Gretchen back, Gretchen became a more valuable commodity.

Did Shannon not learn her lesson about Tamra last season?  Tamra had the ladies (sans Vicki, who stood by her and called Tamra out), thinking Shannon needed to be locked up in the nearest insane asylum, while also spreading all the personal info Shannon had confided to her.  Vicki may be a narcissistic bitch, but Tamra is a manipulative sociopath.

By the way, isn't this Tamra's third attempt at a coup d'etat a la Vicki (last one I recall was with Gretchen)?  I think Tamra wants to be the only OG of the OC.

I think Shannon truly believes Tamra will protect her next season. IMO Tamra is ecstatic that Shannon and Vicki ended their friendship. Now it's easier for her to manipulate both ladies and control next season's storyline. No doubt Tamra is in the drivers seat right now. I agree that Tamra takes over by knocking Vicki out of the ball park. Vicki really played her hand rather badly this season. She underestimated Meghan and her behind the scenes guidance from Tamrat. All the ladies accept for Lizzie have asked her to show them Brooks' medical treatment history. Vicki sure is dumb not to see this coming, unless she's playing them all for a surprise ending at the Reunion show?

• Love 4

Geesh, our armchair quarterbacking is becoming my new home occupation. Pre reality TV, there was no after show activities except reading TV guide or the critics.

I had to go back and re-watch a clip from WWHL during Vickis last appearance, the one with Jeff Lewis. When was that filmed? Vicki was asked about defending Shannon, she said she did and Jeff said that Vicki needs to do it more! Tamra was in the audience. Does anyone remember all the things Vicki has said regarding Shannon besides that they had hit a bump?

Does anyone remember what she said the visit before that?

Edited by IKnowRight
  • Love 2

Jeff said he was good friends with the Beadors I remember that. Vicki may have hoped that Shannon would back off Brooks...but it got worse. It appears things go downhill for Vicki/Brooks and Shannon doesn't want anything to do with Vicki or Brooks any more. I also believe when Shannon first met Brooks she had no idea of his background. Now that she does she doesn't want him in her life, though she's gotten used to living with a lying adulterer. At this point I'd say adultry for 9-months is at least equal to not paying child support?!? If Brooks lied about having cancer, that's another matter.

Edited by talula
  • Love 1

Jeff said he was good friends with the Beadors I remember that. Vicki may have hoped that Shannon would back off Brooks...but it got worse. It appears things go downhill for Vicki/Brooks and Shannon doesn't want anything to do with Vicki or Brooks any more. I also believe when Shannon first met Brooks she had no idea of his background. Now that she does she doesn't want him in her life, though she's gotten used to living with a lying adulterer. At this point I'd say adultry for 9-months is at least equal to not paying child support?!? If Brooks lied about having cancer, that's another matter.

Shannon claimed to be a big fan of the show prior to joining the cast. There's no way she didn't know about Brook's background.

• Love 2

First off, I love Shannon's disdain for Gretchen. Because, well, Gretchen is a joke of a human being and Shannon does give good side-eye.

I am truly baffled that Shannon could declare no chance of reconciliation with Vicki when she has forgiven Tamra of all people for her behavior last year. Tamra who tried to paint her as a crazy alcoholic who needed to be hospitalized! That was forgivable? But Vicki is somehow beyond reconciliation?

Ricky and Tamra deserve each other. To me, this is just like Tamra and Simon. That guy has always been awful - sticking his nose where it doesn't belong - and the fact that Tamra chose to keep him around as a friend/lapdog says tons about her. Don't swim with sharks and complain when you get bitten. It's like Lisa Vanderpump being so "hurt" over Brandi turning on her. I am sure the same thing will happen with Adrienne and her horrible chef Bernie. Why do these people think that these shallow, catty, horrible people will remain loyal to them? If you want the gratification of spending time with a sycophantic, mean-spirited hanger-on, don't be surprised when they eventually show their true colors.

• Love 8

First off, I love Shannon's disdain for Gretchen. Because, well, Gretchen is a joke of a human being and Shannon does give good side-eye.

I am truly baffled that Shannon could declare no chance of reconciliation with Vicki when she has forgiven Tamra of all people for her behavior last year. Tamra who tried to paint her as a crazy alcoholic who needed to be hospitalized! That was forgivable? But Vicki is somehow beyond reconciliation?

Ricky and Tamra deserve each other. To me, this is just like Tamra and Simon. That guy has always been awful - sticking his nose where it doesn't belong - and the fact that Tamra chose to keep him around as a friend/lapdog says tons about her. Don't swim with sharks and complain when you get bitten. It's like Lisa Vanderpump being so "hurt" over Brandi turning on her. I am sure the same thing will happen with Adrienne and her horrible chef Bernie. Why do these people think that these shallow, catty, horrible people will remain loyal to them? If you want the gratification of spending time with a sycophantic, mean-spirited hanger-on, don't be surprised when they eventually show their true colors.

Oh Shannon's just as big an idiot as any of these ladies so why not? This is a woman who sold her marriage counseling for 15 minutes of fame and a golden orange. Of course she is going to side with Tamara if the tide is turning against Vicki. Shannon wants to be famous and loved and adored. At this point she'll do what she has to do.

• Love 5

Watch out Shannon! You know that vulnerable thing about yourself you wish to keep hidden. Tamrat will skilfully extract it, then exploit it for public consumption. Just when Tamrat knows she has you eating out of her hand she'll spring it on you! Then you'll see just how much Tamra has changed. She's cozying up to you for a reason...and it's not friendship!

• Love 6

Watch out Shannon! You know that vulnerable thing about yourself you wish to keep hidden. Tamrat will skilfully extract it, then exploit it for public consumption. Just when Tamrat knows she has you eating out of her hand she'll spring it on you! Then you'll see just how much Tamra has changed. She's cozying up to you for a reason...and it's not friendship!

There is certainly one thing you can count on when it comes to Tamra. She's a snakey Tamrat that will strike when she has you at your most vulnerable place.

Tamra, upon re-watch, is clearly the one stirring the ladies up...like Heather said, "doubt from the power of suggestion"

Shannon tries to warn Vicki, as someone said, without filling Vickis narcissistic love/friend tank, and Vicki lashes out at the one HW that was originally in her corner with the Brooks story.

• Love 5

I agree, Ricky is no prize and snakes like to play with each other in the dirt. Friend selection is very important, but I do think that many times people innocently trust the wrong snake in the friendly grass. I was just floored because Ricky has been by Tamras side for several years and was her Best man. That's a tight friend.

• Love 2

Who thinks Shannon was set up?

Many people have noted these points before. Tamra is the one who brings up, not present Vicki to the Psychic, Vicki doesn't get mad at her. Tamra is the one who informed Vicki of the details of that convo, because Vicki had previously shut off Shannon and Shannon never got to discussing it. Tamra was the one who told Vicki things and Shannon was unaware Vicki & Tamra chatted between the Cut Fitness convo & the bday dinner. Vicki was all ready for a fight at Brooks bday dinner as soon as Shannon mentioned Brooks in the restroom. She escalated a blow up while Brooks was calm. Tamra specifically asked Shannon questions at Cut Fitness asking if she questioned Brooks cancer. Meghan told Shannon the Psychic said Shannon said Brooks was faking, but only Tamra, Heather & Meghan had the entire conversation with the Psychic in context. Shannon misinterpreted Meghan's words because she wasn't there to hear the exact discussion. Vicki was very calm when Tamra was having her public meltdown about Brooks at the Aries party and appears to ignore Shannon's concern and only listens to Tamra & Heather.

Edited by IKnowRight
  • Love 4

Who thinks Shannon was set up?

Many people have noted these points before. Tamra is the one who brings up, not present Vicki to the Psychic, Vicki doesn't get mad at her. Vicki was already for a fight at Brooks bday dinner as soon as Shannon mentioned Brooks in the restroom. She escalated a blow up while Brooks was calm. Tamra specifically asked Shannon questions at Cut Fitness asking if she questioned Brooks cancer. Meghan told Shannon the Psychic said Shannon said Brooks was faking, but only Tamra, Heather & Meghan had the entire conversation with the Psychic in context. Vicki was very calm when Tamra was having her public meltdown about Brooks at the Aries party and appears to ignore Shannon's concern and only listens to Tamra & Shannon.

I see your point and it's done in the name of entertainment and higher ratings, lol!

• Love 2

There is certainly one thing you can count on when it comes to Tamra. She's a snakey Tamrat that will strike when she has you at your most vulnerable place.

Tamra, upon re-watch, is clearly the one stirring the ladies up...like Heather said, "doubt from the power of suggestion"

Shannon tries to warn Vicki, as someone said, without filling Vickis narcissistic love/friend tank, and Vicki lashes out at the one HW that was originally in her corner with the Brooks story.

Each word they say is measured and weighed among the cast. They all know why their being filmed and Brooks' cancergate was just too good to pass up. Edited by talula
  • Love 1

Interesting Andy is doing a special "One on One with Shannon and David Beador", somebody is getting a little something extra in their Reunion paycheck.  It airs October 5th at 11:00 pm. http://www.bravotv.com/watch-what-happens-live/season-12/one-on-one-shannon-david-beador

Hmmmm, Maybe Andy is looking to replace Vicki with Shannon? Vicki has very little to offer the show anymore, no more BF to film with, grown kids that do not live nearby and that most viewers could care less about. On the other hand, Shannon has her odd struggling marriage, 3 young daughters they are more than willing to put on camera despite how questionable it is and the money for the lifestyle Bravo wants. Then...maybe next season will be Tamra's last if they keep Meghan! LOL

• Love 2

Hmmmm, Maybe Andy is looking to replace Vicki with Shannon? Vicki has very little to offer the show anymore, no more BF to film with, grown kids that do not live nearby and that most viewers could care less about. On the other hand, Shannon has her odd struggling marriage, 3 young daughters they are more than willing to put on camera despite how questionable it is and the money for the lifestyle Bravo wants. Then...maybe next season will be Tamra's last if they keep Meghan! LOL

Why I like Shannon-so far she has resisted the urge to sell anything.  Bless her heart.  I think the "odd struggling marriage", just as Shannon's nagging and less than perfect hair and klutziness is more relatable to viewers than say a grifter boyfriend, involvement in a few multi-level marketing schemes, lawsuits or a third marriage to a pretty boy.  I like Shannon's kids, although I do cringe when the discuss the "relationship" I think they are kind of fun.  The not shown scenes were pretty funny of dinner at Restaurant Beador.  There is a chance we might get to see kids enjoying life and times in junior high and high school reminiscent of season's past.  Heather's kids would probably be a lot of fun if less guided. 

• Love 2

Say what! In this video Shannon says Brooks NOT going to the doctor she recommended is OK with her. What happened to Shannon to make it part of her storyline that she's so angry, suspicious and judgyeyed about him refusing to go to the doctor she recommended? Inquiring minds don't really give two shits, but Shannon you are a liar to use this as a reason to turn on good friend Vicki. Or were you mad Vicki wouldn't let you deliver your lines about what Meghan said the phychic said about Brooks in the bathroom scene? IMO Shannon's dislike for Vicki is because Vicki embarrassed Shannon by shutting her down and leaving her blithering in the restaurant on international TV! Didn't Shannon say something like, Shannon made a mistake bringing it up at Brooks' birthday dinner, lol?

Edited by talula

Interesting Andy is doing a special "One on One with Shannon and David Beador", somebody is getting a little something extra in their Reunion paycheck. It airs October 5th at 11:00 pm. http://www.bravotv.com/watch-what-happens-live/season-12/one-on-one-shannon-david-beador

Surely this is a joke. The David/Shannon storyline is not the least bit interesting on the show at this point. How in the world are they going to fill an hour? Unless they intend to reveal more sordid details, and surely they are not that stupid/fame hungry/shitty parental figures, to reveal any more than they already have. Honestly, this makes me more ill than the cancer story, because they are in 100% control and they have chosen to do this. It is so frustrating to me. As I've always said, there is so much to like about Shannon, but I can never get past that she is willing to do this to her kids. As much as I hate the Ho'wives who try to sell me stuff, at least I understand their willingness to do almost anything to make a buck. She isn't trying to sell anything. She isn't trying to better her financial situation or set herself up for some type of future success. She is just doing it to be on TV. It's truly the most disturbing thing I've ever seen on any of these shows.

Edited by motorcitymom65
  • Love 7

Surely this is a joke. The David/Shannon storyline is not the least bit interesting on the show at this point. How in the world are they going to fill an hour? Unless they intend to reveal more sordid details, and surely they are not that stupid/fame hungry/shitty parental figures, to reveal any more than they already have. Honestly, this makes me more ill than the cancer story, because they are in 100% control and they have chosen to do this. It is so frustrating to me. As I've always said, there is so much to like about Shannon, but I can never get past that she is willing to do this to her kids. As much as I hate the Ho'wives who try to sell me stuff, at least I understand their willingness to do almost anything to make a buck. She isn't trying to sell anything. She isn't trying to better her financial situation or set herself up for some type of future success. She is just doing it to be on TV. It's truly the most disturbing thing I've ever seen on any of these shows.

Infidelity in marriage is one of the leading causes of divorce and break ups in general so I think it will garner attention. At this point the success rate for vow renewal is not impressive Ramona divorce, Vicki divorce, Lisa and Ken still together, Peter and Cynthia still together.  Getting back together after an affair Ramona struck out and Shannon is far okay.  Sometimes people are misguided by "experts" who tell them there story will help others.  The cat is out of the bag as far as the kids are concerned. From what we have learned recently the woman was part of the parents group surrounding the twins' basketball team.  Maybe there was a source of pride in their parents overcoming what is something that certainly rocked their world.  I think the downside is this was an ensemble cast and we have not heard from any of the other cast members on the David Shannon journey.  So is the first half of the Reunion going to be what did you think of Shannon and David involving their children in their marital issues and when did you know about the affair and do you know the other party?  I think they missed the boat on not having some discussions about marital infidelity and divorce-of course the longest running characters are both adulterers so maybe it would have been hard to sell.  I would have preferred the usual talking behind the couple's back than the cancer stuff.   

Maybe that is what Heather meant by her comments earlier this week.  I can't say I found it at the top of the disturbing list.  We had people go to prison, victims of severe domestic violence, commit suicide and their children were featured on the show.  I think the kids that probably had it the roughest and surprisingly came out fairly normal were Danielle Staub's.

• Love 3

Say what! In this video Shannon says Brooks NOT going to the doctor she recommended is OK with her. What happened to Shannon to make it part of her storyline that she's so angry, suspicious and judgyeyed about him refusing to go to the doctor she recommended? Inquiring minds don't really give two shits, but Shannon you are a liar to use this as a reason to turn on good friend Vicki. Or were you mad Vicki wouldn't let you deliver your lines about what Meghan said the phychic said about Brooks in the bathroom scene? IMO Shannon's dislike for Vicki is because Vicki embarrassed Shannon by shutting her down and leaving her blithering in the restaurant on international TV! Didn't Shannon say something like, Shannon made a mistake bringing it up at Brooks' birthday dinner, lol?

Thanks for the link.  Shannon has never said she was angry about Brooks not going.  I think she offended over the two flat tires excuse.  I don't think she has turned on Vicki.  Vicki pushed Shannon out of her life on three occasions this season. Brooks does not want Shannon or anyone else filling Vicki's head full of questions. I don't think the friendship was at all important to Vicki or she would be about fixing it.  She has made up three or four times with Tamra who has done far worse.  I think Shannon's friendship was necessary until it wasn't for Vicki.  Vicki likes Tamra not Heather or Shannon with their huge houses and rich husbands.  Like Tamra said Vicki is use to supporting the men in her life.

Just for the sake of this referral business say instead of Shannon, Andy Cohen had given Vicki and Brooks the referral and Brooks blew it off.  Or Terry Dubrow, who went to UCLA, said his med school roommate had the connection Shannon discovered.  What I think is unfortunate is if the doctor would have had something that would have helped Brooks.  For whatever reason be it financial or disinterest Brooks will never know.  Vicki denouncing Shannon's referral was unnecessary. Vicki and her smart mouth telling Shannon you are not an oncologist-same thing she said to Meghan.  The only difference is perhaps Shannon as a friend was coming from a different place.  I can understand why Vicki does not want Brooks' illness as her storyline and the whole thing could have been prevented had Brooks not given an interview to Reality Tea or kept his treatment decisions to himself.   That is on Brooks, people with cancer everyday formulate a response to questions regarding their progress or treatment.

What is unfortunate for Vicki and her mental health is once again being challenged, according to her, this man she is in love with has caused her turmoil because he is unable or unwilling to be straightforward.  I just hope he is more direct with her and she can make decisions to stay with him.

• Love 4

Of all the things I've seen on all of the RH franchises, Shannon's storyline this season is hardly the most disturbing thing ever shown. Holy hyperbole Batman.

IMO it is really, really close - again because it is all entirely by her decision.  This is not about editing, or about what others are saying about her. She has decided to do this to her kids all by herself.  To put them on camera and have them listen to an apology from their father for being unfaithful, and all the other things we have seen this season. This isn't about a throw-a-way comment made by a HW or one scene. This is her entire storyline and she is the one who made it so. 

I am always the most troubled by the gals that are willing to do things that might harm their kids or expose them to ridicule by their peers. I didn't like Brandi way before the rest of the world because I couldn't believe that she would say the things about the father of her children on national TV that she did. That she would talk about threesomes, or many of the other things she did. How in the world could she not think of her children and how this would embarrass them? I thought the same thing about Teresa on the NJ show. What about your kids asshole? I feel the same way about Tamra, but at least her kids are not on the show, which I think would make it so much worse.  

All of the other ladies I mention had one thing in common, however. They all needed the show like air and water because without it they had no money. They needed it to sell their shit. To change their lives and their economic realities. As much as I detest each an every one of them, I get their desperation to make a better life. They probably justified all kinds of things because it would mean a better life for their kids. Shannon is different from almost any HW that has come before her. She is beyond rich. She has said she watched every single episode. She was a fan. She wanted to be on the show because she knew her marriage was spiraling out of control and said she thought that watching it play back on TV would be beneficial. I cannot even wrap my head around someone who would think like that. Someone who would expose their kids to this kind of thing for such a reason. Yes, folks have committed suicide, there has been violence and prison sentences.  All of these are things that happened to the people on the show. Yes, they deserved it and should have seen it coming, but they didn't plan on those things happening. They didn't join the show because they were going to go to prison and wanted it documented. It's what happened to them as a result of their behavior. She joined the show with her children to document her shitty marriage. To watch it and to have other people watch it. To have the people who teach and coach her children watch it. To have the parents of her children's friends watch it. The people in her neighborhood. The people at Safeway. Not because she needs the money, or is trying to get into a new business. Because she wanted to be famous and on TV and this was the thing she had to offer the world about herself. Disturbing doesn't even begin to describe it. 

• Love 7

IMO it is really, really close - again because it is all entirely by her decision.  This is not about editing, or about what others are saying about her. She has decided to do this to her kids all by herself.  To put them on camera and have them listen to an apology from their father for being unfaithful, and all the other things we have seen this season. This isn't about a throw-a-way comment made by a HW or one scene. This is her entire storyline and she is the one who made it so. 

I am always the most troubled by the gals that are willing to do things that might harm their kids or expose them to ridicule by their peers. I didn't like Brandi way before the rest of the world because I couldn't believe that she would say the things about the father of her children on national TV that she did. That she would talk about threesomes, or many of the other things she did. How in the world could she not think of her children and how this would embarrass them? I thought the same thing about Teresa on the NJ show. What about your kids asshole? I feel the same way about Tamra, but at least her kids are not on the show, which I think would make it so much worse.  

All of the other ladies I mention had one thing in common, however. They all needed the show like air and water because without it they had no money. They needed it to sell their shit. To change their lives and their economic realities. As much as I detest each an every one of them, I get their desperation to make a better life. They probably justified all kinds of things because it would mean a better life for their kids. Shannon is different from almost any HW that has come before her. She is beyond rich. She has said she watched every single episode. She was a fan. She wanted to be on the show because she knew her marriage was spiraling out of control and said she thought that watching it play back on TV would be beneficial. I cannot even wrap my head around someone who would think like that. Someone who would expose their kids to this kind of thing for such a reason. Yes, folks have committed suicide, there has been violence and prison sentences.  All of these are things that happened to the people on the show. Yes, they deserved it and should have seen it coming, but they didn't plan on those things happening. They didn't join the show because they were going to go to prison and wanted it documented. It's what happened to them as a result of their behavior. She joined the show with her children to document her shitty marriage. To watch it and to have other people watch it. To have the people who teach and coach her children watch it. To have the parents of her children's friends watch it. The people in her neighborhood. The people at Safeway. Not because she needs the money, or is trying to get into a new business. Because she wanted to be famous and on TV and this was the thing she had to offer the world about herself. Disturbing doesn't even begin to describe it.

18wi3ccr8dipwjpg.jpg

• Love 4

Yes, folks have committed suicide, there has been violence and prison sentences.  All of these are things that happened to the people on the show. Yes, they deserved it and should have seen it coming, but they didn't plan on those things happening. They didn't join the show because they were going to go to prison and wanted it documented. It's what happened to them as a result of their behavior. She joined the show with her children to document her shitty marriage. To watch it and to have other people watch it. To have the people who teach and coach her children watch it. To have the parents of her children's friends watch it. The people in her neighborhood. The people at Safeway. Not because she needs the money, or is trying to get into a new business. Because she wanted to be famous and on TV and this was the thing she had to offer the world about herself. Disturbing doesn't even begin to describe it.

Dead-on, motorcitymom65.  I like Shannon even though I've become very critical of this particular choice and the kinds of ramifications it has on different people.  To consciously and deliberately choose to be on this show for no economic benefit to specifically 'work on the marriage' and then sign on for a second season specifically in order to document counseling, the children being aware of the degree of dysfunction - I completely, completely disagree with the idea posited that this 'teaches' children to protect the sanctity of relationships in a healthy way.   (I've struck the obscenities I'd ordinarily use to describe that thought process and will be a mincing, dainty lady like Vicki and just call that excrement from a bovine creature.) 

The show isn't the show it's supposed to be, meaning, the 'behind the gates/a look into privilege' is not the actual conceit, and really hasn't been even on RHOBH, where Maloof and Vanderpump and Grammar showed off houses on or above Shannon's level.  It's all about caterwauling maniacs and selling stuff, and it has been for years and seasons and seasons.  Even those Housewives were trying to do something - resurrect acting careers, sell houses.  Kristen (ugh I hate Josh.  And I hate David a hell of a lot) was trying to restart a career as an older model, and has marketed an actual, sold-in-stores product.  Even if it seems nuts I really see her behavior - whatever she chooses to do in the wake of idiot Josh's idiot scandal - as being one of trying to secure a future after a SAH spell.  I don't think Shannon's behavior has any justification and I think it's bewildering to think that maybe she shouldn't grip to this storyline so desperately because she's got a house full of tweens is somehow blaming Shannon for the affair or victim-blaming.  That's completely ridiculous.  I think Shannon is wrong for doing this and putting her children in a terrible position they absolutely don't need to be in, with the ins and outs of their parents' marriage so terribly exposed.  It's manipulative and just damned wrong to me.

I do wonder what will happen to the Beador marriage.  I think people can come back from most anything but WTFWTFWTF to telling your wife you had sex with your girlfriend on not just her birthday but a major, milestone birthday.  WTFWTF.  No.

Edited by Midnight Cheese
  • Love 7

I think Shannon so wants to really, really, really be "real" and since the affair and its aftermath it's what's really happening in her life, she feels that is what she needs to show. I like Shannon and I appreciate that she's willing to let us see her "real" life, but I don't think it's in her childrens' best interest. I hope that it doesn't cause too much harm though there is the saying.....If you have nothing to hide, then hide nothing.

As for Shannon not selling anything, I think one of The Beadors objectives for going on the show is to showcase and sell their home. But at what price is it worth selling your soul to Bravo?

Edited by Grneyedldy
  • Love 5

I don't believe I've read one positive comment about David and Shannon's decision to publicly work through the aftermath of infidelity in front of their daughters. Shannon's been the only one voraciously defending the decision.

tumblr_ns6003MDEa1rlafseo1_400.gif

shannon.gif

rhoc-903-09.gif

rhoc-909-04.gif

1434326676_rhooc_3.jpg

tumblr_n59t9jdehk1qk08n1o2_250.gif?w=640

20150617_182557.png

david-beador_o_5619681.jpg

SHANNON-POOR-BEADOR.jpg

Edited by talula
  • Love 6

I don't believe I've read one positive comment about David and Shannon's decision to publicly work through the aftermath of infidelity in front of their daughters. Shannon's been the only one voraciously defending the decision.

I have, Talula, along with the comments that criticizing Shannon is somehow 'victim blaming' the casualty of David's deliberately, clearly premeditated decision to step out while filming was going on with someone they knew.  When I type it out like that Josh Douchebag Fedora Taekman somehow seems the less awful husband.  How's that even possible?

I love your GIFs and images in your posts!  You lively up the threads so much!

Edited by Midnight Cheese
  • Love 1

Shannon is...a hot mess. I think on her best day she is a deep pit of need and we haven't been seeing very good days.

My theory about S1 has always been that she knew or suspected David was cheating (for the record I doubt this is his first affair) and was angry and looked at the show as some sort of vengeance plan. I think she pictured them sitting down to watch and her coming across as a gentle, put upon saint and David coming across as a selfish asshole. Plus I'm sure she thought the cameras would catch some sort of proof of the affair. Then David would see the error of his way and finally shower her with enough love and attention. Instead she came across as sort of a nag and David came across as worn down and there's no real proof of anything. So they do the "happy in love" press tour and Shannon finally gets all the love and approval from her fans she has wanted her whole life. So there's no way she's going to say no to S2, even though it means dragging The Affair in front of cameras. Why David is doing this, I'm not sure. My guess is financial. Shannon may own a part of his business and I'm guessing her money is in a trust making it hard to touch so David may come out the looser in a divorce. Either way I think they are now and probably always have been that exhausting game playing couple who ruin every wedding by getting in a huge fight and dragging everyone down. They're both just exhausting.

Edited by FozzyBear
  • Love 6

I think Shannon so wants to really, really, really be "real" and since the affair and its aftermath it's what's really happening in her life, she feels that is what she needs to show. I like Shannon and I appreciate that she's willing to let us see her "real" life, but I don't think it's in her childrens' best interest. I hope that it doesn't cause too much harm though there is the saying.....If you have nothing to hide, then hide nothing.

As for Shannon not selling anything, I think one of The Beadors objectives for going on the show is to showcase and sell their home. But at what price is it worth selling your soul to Bravo?

I always thought the same thing about Beadors selling their home but apparently it was on the market before they started filming.  Since we are into the second season of filming and there has been two seasons without it being a plotline I figure I was wrong.  I have enjoyed seeing more of the home this year.  I like the craft room with apple green cabinets.

I look at it this way if her children turn out to be well adjusted citizens of our planet then it worked. If they end up like Tamra's son then they have a built in excuse.  I have kind of racked my brain and the only thing I could come up with is Shannon and David are showing us what you do when your kids are asking you to please fix it. Apparently, they decided to fix it as a family.  Contrast that with Jim Edmonds and his daughters and not being able to fix their situation.  We have seen some pretty obnoxious behavior from Hayley and there is always a little mental asterisk-she is about to lose her mother  . . . forever.  Jim's money and prestige can't change that situation.  He can't fix for his children even with a cool new stepmom. Tamra trying to fix things for Ryan with a home nearby so she can help with her grandchild, Vicki buying a grumpy, lonely  Briana a new vehicle. This to me has been parents trying to fix things.  Unlike showing T&A or throwing parties and having mom holding a pink plastic penis (that would be Tamra or Brandi) I don't think this talking about affairs and marriage counseling are all that titillating for fifth graders and eighth graders so I question how much peer pressure there is.  Don't most kids want to see there parents together at that age?  Who I would feel bad for our the friends of Beador girls whose parents split and the kids left wondering why  their parents didn't try to work it out.  I am going to say The Affair's kids probably have had a pretty big eyeful.

To me the difference is of all the RH I think Shannon is a bit more introspective.  I found her comment about women wanting love and men wanting respect a pretty big step forward in resolving issues and evolving her marriage.  She also jumps on a scale shows her muffin top, tells Vicki she is finally back into an old dress (a lot of honesty with Shannon) goes out to dinner and struggles with a calorie laden appetizer menu.  I laughed when the server suggested edamame and Shannon went back to talking about Coconut Shrimp with sauce. We don't see her dropping her clothes to have a spray tan, she and David skinny dipping or getting it on in the bathtub. To me that makes her a little more real.  The nagging thing is also a very real part of her.

These shows love to show contrasts this year we had Vicki's birthday dinner on a ship and Shannon's at a sports bar on stools with fatty short ribs.  Shannon and David's relationship vs. everyone else's.  To me Shannon has come a long ways this season from being upset over Newlywed Game questions to giving an interview.

• Love 3

The other people you describe did these things after they were already on their respective RH franchises or maybe they were just plain shady to begin with.  So what they are doing is just as bad as what Shannon has done or worse, because they do these things and exhibit extreme hubris thinking what they are doing off camera can never be brought into the light of day and exposing their children to the fall out.  They knowingly did this.  And ALL of the people who come on these (sometimes multiple reality shows..cough, Terry, cough...cough Meghan cough...cough Bethany cough...) do so because they are chasing fame and looking for some sort of payoff, yet Shannon gets singled out in a hysterically hyperbolic fashion.

And while I don't agree with Shannon's and David's decision to air out the things happening in their marriage and exposing their daughters to this, I don't think Shannon was planning to this all along and was why she came on the show.  That's some major parsing.

Edited by Lyra Angelica
  • Love 5
Unlike showing T&A or throwing parties and having mom holding a pink plastic penis (that would be Tamra or Brandi) I don't think this talking about affairs and marriage counseling are all that titillating for fifth graders and eighth graders so I question how much peer pressure there is.  Don't most kids want to see there parents together at that age?  Who I would feel bad for our the friends of Beador girls whose parents split and the kids left wondering why  their parents didn't try to work it out.  I am going to say The Affair's kids probably have had a pretty big eyeful.

I've also felt that it's not that likely that the kids' peer group is spending their time watching RHoOC and then teasing the Beador girls about it. Really, who cares at that age what someone's 50-something parents are doing, unless it IS handling giant penises or the like? I don't think they're the world's worst parents or the worst RH parents by any means. The decision to be on TV and have their kids filmed as well isn't a great one, IMO, but it's not child abuse, at least not in my eyes.

• Love 3

And while I don't agree with Shannon's and David's decision to air out the things happening in their marriage and exposing their daughters to this, I don't think Shannon was planning to this all along and was why she came on the show.  That's some major parsing.

Except that Shannon did say she knew that her marriage was in crisis when she joined the show last season and they did so to see what was wrong and fix it. She  talked about it in several TH's, blogs and interviews during the season and after, both at the reunion and in separate interviews. As for this season, it is the same thing, she knew about the affair before filming began and they, as a couple/family, made the decision to use it as part of their current storyline. Of course, it is their choice to do so but then they have to be willing to take viewer feedback, both the good/positive and the negative/harsh, that comes with baring it all on a "reality" TV show for the world to see. I also don't see Shannon upset that she has gotten the feedback she has from either side, which is uncommon with most Bravo HWs IMO.

• Love 2

Did Shannon not learn her lesson about Tamra last season? Tamra had the ladies (sans Vicki, who stood by her and called Tamra out), thinking Shannon needed to be locked up in the nearest insane asylum, while also spreading all the personal info Shannon had confided to her. Vicki may be a narcissistic shrew, but Tamra is a manipulative sociopath.

By the way, isn't this Tamra's third attempt at a coup d'etat a la Vicki (last one I recall was with Gretchen)? I think Tamra wants to be the only OG of the OC.

You know, I think long time viewers have learned to see through Tamra's and Vicki's manipulations so well that they forget how good they are at it. I started watching mid last season, and it took me awhile to see it. I liked Vicki and Tamra and didn't understand the hate. I also despised fan favorite Heather. I have seen the light, but it took many episodes.

• Love 4

Except that Shannon did say she knew that her marriage was in crisis when she joined the show last season and they did so to see what was wrong and fix it. She  talked about it in several TH's, blogs and interviews during the season and after, both at the reunion and in separate interviews. As for this season, it is the same thing, she knew about the affair before filming began and they, as a couple/family, made the decision to use it as part of their current storyline. Of course, it is their choice to do so but then they have to be willing to take viewer feedback, both the good/positive and the negative/harsh, that comes with baring it all on a "reality" TV show for the world to see. I also don't see Shannon upset that she has gotten the feedback she has from either side, which is uncommon with most Bravo HWs IMO.

Yes, I do know this.  However, I said I doubted that that was the only reason she was on RHOC.  She also said she wanted to show her life as it was; she didn't say she only wanted to show her marriage. 

I think to pigeon-hole her reasons for being on the show to just her marriage is a distortion.

• Love 4

Yes, I do know this.  However, I said I doubted that that was the only reason she was on RHOC.  She also said she wanted to show her life as it was; she didn't say she only wanted to show her marriage. 

I think to pigeon-hole her reasons for being on the show to just her marriage is a distortion.

Fair enough! LOL I am sure there were other reasons but that was the main reason she gave for coming on the show. Sadly, production ran with it.

• Love 2

I don't think the Beador girls' friends are watching RHOC but I think a lot of the friend's parents are and I would be totally  surprised if there haven't been comments to or in front of their children.  And I don't doubt that some of these comments have gotten back to the Beador girls.  They're in middle school, probably the toughest years for most kids.... and the most vicious.  I can't give their parents a pass on this.  They don't need the money from the show.  They don't 'need' the fame.  I'm not calling it abuse but it's so not necessarily in any way, shape or form.  And I don't think this is the format to show the world about coping with extra marital affairs - it's a reality show, not a documentary.

And then, as a result of this being on the show, the details of who David was having an affair with, is coming out.  Say what you want about David but this isn't helping their children.  It's just more for them to deal with and I don't think they don't 'know' about who the person he had the affair is.

It's just screwed up.  Period.  It's putting yourself before the welfare and what is best for your children.   

• Love 3

Wow, Shannon is not letting up on Vicki. You can tell Heather and Tamra are kind of leaving the door open for Vicki to somehow claim she was a victim in all of this - even if they know it's a total lie - but Shannon is not having any of it and stands by her thinking that Vicki has to be in on it if Brooks is faking. It is hard to see how they could ever come back from this.

• Love 7

I don't think the Beador girls' friends are watching RHOC but I think a lot of the friend's parents are and I would be totally surprised if there haven't been comments to or in front of their children. And I don't doubt that some of these comments have gotten back to the Beador girls. They're in middle school, probably the toughest years for most kids.... and the most vicious. I can't give their parents a pass on this. They don't need the money from the show. They don't 'need' the fame. I'm not calling it abuse but it's so not necessarily in any way, shape or form. And I don't think this is the format to show the world about coping with extra marital affairs - it's a reality show, not a documentary.

And then, as a result of this being on the show, the details of who David was having an affair with, is coming out. Say what you want about David but this isn't helping their children. It's just more for them to deal with and I don't think they don't 'know' about who the person he had the affair is.

It's just screwed up. Period. It's putting yourself before the welfare and what is best for your children.

We can all speculate what "hell" Shannon's girls are going through because their parents are on RHOC but the truth is we don't know what goes on IRL. Every single mother and father that go on RH or any reality show put their kids in a tough situation. If people look down on this so much, stop watching.

• Love 4

I don't think the Beador girls' friends are watching RHOC but I think a lot of the friend's parents are and I would be totally  surprised if there haven't been comments to or in front of their children.  And I don't doubt that some of these comments have gotten back to the Beador girls.  They're in middle school, probably the toughest years for most kids.... and the most vicious.  I can't give their parents a pass on this.  They don't need the money from the show.  They don't 'need' the fame.  I'm not calling it abuse but it's so not necessarily in any way, shape or form.  And I don't think this is the format to show the world about coping with extra marital affairs - it's a reality show, not a documentary.

And then, as a result of this being on the show, the details of who David was having an affair with, is coming out.  Say what you want about David but this isn't helping their children.  It's just more for them to deal with and I don't think they don't 'know' about who the person he had the affair is.

It's just screwed up.  Period.  It's putting yourself before the welfare and what is best for your children.   

I have to ask-did you make fun of kids whose parents were getting divorced or heard from your mom the husband was cheating?  I sure didn't and I don't recall  any of my class mates making fun of kids whose parents were going through a divorce.  So this great wall of mean kids out there watching RH and having people make fun of them remains a mystery to me.  I would say the kids face much tougher criticism not having cell phones.

I don't think just because of this show the identity of David's "affair" was made public to those close to the issue.  I am quite certain the basketball team and the women's family (who are neighbors with David and Shannon) all knew.  Obviously the daughter that found the text messages knew and I am sure she told her sisters.  David's actions aren't all because of the show.  Usually in situations like this the inner circle of family and friends of the parents and the children know.  This circle just got larger because of the show.

The screw up is having an affair.  The fall out would not be an issue if there was no affair. David and the woman knew before they jumped in the sack Shannon was on a reality TV show.  David filmed for the show as did his children.  This family is now in the "fix and repair" phase.   

• Love 3

We can all speculate what "hell" Shannon's girls are going through because their parents are on RHOC but the truth is we don't know what goes on IRL. Every single mother and father that go on RH or any reality show put their kids in a tough situation. If people look down on this so much, stop watching

Yikes, so if you disagree with what someone does on a reality show, then don't watch?

• Love 2

I have to ask-did you make fun of kids whose parents were getting divorced or heard from your mom the husband was cheating?  I sure didn't and I don't recall  any of my class mates making fun of kids whose parents were going through a divorce.  So this great wall of mean kids out there watching RH and having people make fun of them remains a mystery to me.  I would say the kids face much tougher criticism not having cell phones.

I don't think just because of this show the identity of David's "affair" was made public to those close to the issue.  I am quite certain the basketball team and the women's family (who are neighbors with David and Shannon) all knew.  Obviously the daughter that found the text messages knew and I am sure she told her sisters.  David's actions aren't all because of the show.  Usually in situations like this the inner circle of family and friends of the parents and the children know.  This circle just got larger because of the show.

The screw up is having an affair.  The fall out would not be an issue if there was no affair. David and the woman knew before they jumped in the sack Shannon was on a reality TV show.  David filmed for the show as did his children.  This family is now in the "fix and repair" phase.   

Did I personally make fun of kids whose parents who were getting divorced?  No.  But this is much larger than that.  It's being played out on national TV.  And I don't doubt for a minute that there are kids who are making fun of it and mocking it.  Not every kid is nice.  The bullying that goes in our society proves it.  And I don't think everyone knew until this all unfolded on the show. 

The screw up may have been the affair but it doesn't justify the aftermath being played out on TV. This isn't about David - and who said David's actions were because of the show.  I didn't.  It's about these children.   The affair doesn't justify the extra collateral damage that is being done to these kids by putting it on a reality show.  Yes, the kids did film.  As ten and twelve year olds (IIRC), do they have the capacity to understand what it means?  I don't think so.  They're children. 

• Love 2

Did I personally make fun of kids whose parents who were getting divorced?  No.  But this is much larger than that.  It's being played out on national TV.  And I don't doubt for a minute that there are kids who are making fun of it and mocking it.  Not every kid is nice.  The bullying that goes in our society proves it.  And I don't think everyone knew until this all unfolded on the show.

See, I would actually lean in the other direction - I don't doubt for a minute that most of the kids around the Beador offspring are going to be enamored of their proximity to fame/being on TV/being bravolebrities. Especially in Orange County. If anything, I would imagine kids would be sucking up to them out of the sheer excitement of TV fame being in the vicinity. There were a few kids in my high school who had been in movies and I know there was definitely a "special light" we ascribed to them. Maybe there would be one or two mean kids who take jabs, but I definitely would not predict any kind of "systematic bullying" (TM Kelly Bensimon) going on toward the Beador kids.

• Love 5