Type keyword(s) to search

Vicki Gunvalson: Her Love Tank Runneth Over

Message added by PrincessPurrsALot,

No politics.  That means none.  Zero. Zilch. Nada. 
See the Primetimer Politics Policy

• Start Topic

Vicki's mother seemed very "normal" and grounded in the scenes I remember.  I will always be grateful for her telling Vicki that her hair looked yellow.  Vicki was incensed, and told her she spends a LOT of money to make it look the way it does. 

One of my favorite Vicki scenes EVER (and there's a lot to choose from). 

"I pay a lot of money so my hair doesn't look yellow!"

"It's the color of those arches over there!" (presumably meaning McDonald's).

I think the show is filming right now.  I hope Bravo handles this death with at least some modicum of dignity.  

Edited by Persnickety1
  • Love 3

That is going to be very difficult for Vicki. It was a troubled relationship in Vicki's eyes and a lot of unresolved issues. Of course Vicki can never get enough anybody so all of her relationships are that way.

• Love 3
Vicki's new hairstyle inspired me to go get a lot of mine chopped off this weekend.

Lol! Wednesday I got my haircut and took a pic of Vicki's new hairstyle to the salon with me.  I guess Vicki's hair is the new "Rachel" cut!

She really does look great in her talking heads, and I dare say, this is the best I've ever seen her look!

• Love 4

Lol! Wednesday I got my haircut and took a pic of Vicki's new hairstyle to the salon with me. I guess Vicki's hair is the new "Rachel" cut!

She really does look great in her talking heads, and I dare say, this is the best I've ever seen her look!

LOL

I got the "Vicki" cut as well.

Yes, she looks great this season

• Love 2

Am I coldhearted because I can't believe Vicki's reaction to hearing about her mother's death was spontaneous and genuine?  Was a lot of it "acting" for the cameras? Then when she was going to call her (deceased) mother about something.   I don't know what explanations can ever convince me.  Spare me the psychic!

• Love 5

What kills me about Vicki's reaction to her mother's death is that even after the funeral, Vicki is going on about her mother was supposed to have a long, lingering death so everybody had a chance to say goodbye. Been there, done that. What I would have given for either one of my parents to have laid down beside my golden retriever and died without ever suffering.

• Love 16

Oh, Bronzedog, I do agree! We've had both kinds of deaths in our families. Watching a loved one fight cancer and linger in pain is the worst thing that can happen. Sudden heart attacks, as shocking as they are, are easier to get accept and recover from in my personal opinion. Watching my dad die of cancer for three years nearly did us all in. My father-in-law died quickly of a heart attack when we lived in Germany in the military. As hard as it was to fly back with our children to attend that funeral, it was somehow easier than watching my dad waste away and my mom trying everything in her power to keep him alive. I don't ever want to live through that again in my life. 

• Love 6

Quote from Wire Wrap (sorry, I couldnt figure out how to move a quote from one thread to the next proberly)

Wire Wrap:

"How many times did we see Briana do what Vicki wanted instead of what she wanted. Joining the military, working overseas as a nurse, the school/college she wanted, she always gave way to Vicki's demands and never did what she wanted. Yes, both Briana and Michael were spoiled brats but that is what Vicki taught them and there was always a rather steep price for it with their mother dictating their every move, which eventually they both stepped away from. 

As for her marriage to Ryan being "ill advised", IMO, the jury is still out on that and I can understand why she didn't want a standard wedding because it would have been all about Vicki and Vicki's needs/wants, not Briana's/Ryan's.

Not too many viewers supported Vicki and Brooks as a couple, yet got upset that Briana spoke out against him even though she saw first hand what was going on, the games he, Brooks, played. I, myself, question why and how Vicki can rationalize being with a man that suggested to her son in-law to beat his wife (her daughter). IMO, that is sick and I could never be with a man that told someone to hurt my child, EVER!

According to Vicki, it was her idea for Briana and Ryan to move in with her because Ryan was about to be deployed for the 5th time to Afghanistan, an active combat zone, not theirs. Yes, they agreed but so did Vicki and she also agreed to their conditions about no Brooks and I don't blame them. It was Brooks that sold the story about Briana being pregnant to the tabloids, so he had already betrayed them and I wouldn't want him around either. So, Brooks sells private info about Briana, then Brooks tells Ryan he needs to beat Briana and people wonder why Briana/Ryan have issues with Brooks? LOL

Oh, and I believe he suffers from PTSD, I do not think it is an excuse. What we saw on the show, Lydia's mom, happened after 4 tours of duty in an active combat area."

I agree and disagree (shocking, right?)  I think Vicki is a nighmare of a mom, but I also think Brianna has grown into an amazingly codependent person.  I have noticed a real habit of hers to rewrite history so that she is not responsible for any of the desisions she had made. For instance: coolege.  IMO Brianna went to exactly the college she wanted and then regretted it. I think Brianna feels very controlled by Vicki, but I don't think Azuza was Vicki's idea.  Mostly because Vicki never seemed terribly pleased about it.  I think it wasnt prestigiouse enough for her and she expressed a lot of dumb Vicki concern with Brianna being a nurse instead of going the pre-med route.  I got the impression Vicki was probably pushing Brianna to UCSD or UCLA or something like that, but Brianna wanted to stay in OC become a nures and marry her boyfriend right after college.  Nothing wrong with that plan, but it didnt work out.  I noticed that after Colby broke up with her suddently to felt like to me Brianna was looking to blame every decision she made on him. Right after the break up her staying in OC and not traveling or going away to college was Colby's fault.  It became Vicki's fault aften she married Ryan and things became tense between Vicki and Ryan.  My take is that Brianna is attracted to strong willed, take charge personalities (no big surprise there) who demand control of every situation.  She makes huge life decisions to make these people happy and when things dont work out she blames them from it.  I'd bet that if her and Ryan divorce (I say if. I think Ryan is an ass, but I dont think Brianna will leave him) we will hear a whole slew of things that were suddenly forced on her that she didnt want to do, even though we have footage of her saying she wants all of these things.  I'm not saying she lying or that there isnt a lot of truth to Brianna spending her life feling backed into a corner.  But I do think she this is a pattern with her.  She makes decisions that aren't really that well thought out and then blames whoever for forcing her to do so.

PS. please pardon the spelling.  I can't get my spell check to work.

• Love 3

Quote from Wire Wrap (sorry, I couldnt figure out how to move a quote from one thread to the next proberly)

Wire Wrap:

"How many times did we see Briana do what Vicki wanted instead of what she wanted. Joining the military, working overseas as a nurse, the school/college she wanted, she always gave way to Vicki's demands and never did what she wanted. Yes, both Briana and Michael were spoiled brats but that is what Vicki taught them and there was always a rather steep price for it with their mother dictating their every move, which eventually they both stepped away from. 

As for her marriage to Ryan being "ill advised", IMO, the jury is still out on that and I can understand why she didn't want a standard wedding because it would have been all about Vicki and Vicki's needs/wants, not Briana's/Ryan's.

Not too many viewers supported Vicki and Brooks as a couple, yet got upset that Briana spoke out against him even though she saw first hand what was going on, the games he, Brooks, played. I, myself, question why and how Vicki can rationalize being with a man that suggested to her son in-law to beat his wife (her daughter). IMO, that is sick and I could never be with a man that told someone to hurt my child, EVER!

According to Vicki, it was her idea for Briana and Ryan to move in with her because Ryan was about to be deployed for the 5th time to Afghanistan, an active combat zone, not theirs. Yes, they agreed but so did Vicki and she also agreed to their conditions about no Brooks and I don't blame them. It was Brooks that sold the story about Briana being pregnant to the tabloids, so he had already betrayed them and I wouldn't want him around either. So, Brooks sells private info about Briana, then Brooks tells Ryan he needs to beat Briana and people wonder why Briana/Ryan have issues with Brooks? LOL

Oh, and I believe he suffers from PTSD, I do not think it is an excuse. What we saw on the show, Lydia's mom, happened after 4 tours of duty in an active combat area."

I agree and disagree (shocking, right?)  I think Vicki is a nighmare of a mom, but I also think Brianna has grown into an amazingly codependent person.  I have noticed a real habit of hers to rewrite history so that she is not responsible for any of the desisions she had made. For instance: coolege.  IMO Brianna went to exactly the college she wanted and then regretted it. I think Brianna feels very controlled by Vicki, but I don't think Azuza was Vicki's idea.  Mostly because Vicki never seemed terribly pleased about it.  I think it wasnt prestigiouse enough for her and she expressed a lot of dumb Vicki concern with Brianna being a nurse instead of going the pre-med route.  I got the impression Vicki was probably pushing Brianna to UCSD or UCLA or something like that, but Brianna wanted to stay in OC become a nures and marry her boyfriend right after college.  Nothing wrong with that plan, but it didnt work out.  I noticed that after Colby broke up with her suddently to felt like to me Brianna was looking to blame every decision she made on him. Right after the break up her staying in OC and not traveling or going away to college was Colby's fault.  It became Vicki's fault aften she married Ryan and things became tense between Vicki and Ryan.  My take is that Brianna is attracted to strong willed, take charge personalities (no big surprise there) who demand control of every situation.  She makes huge life decisions to make these people happy and when things dont work out she blames them from it.  I'd bet that if her and Ryan divorce (I say if. I think Ryan is an ass, but I dont think Brianna will leave him) we will hear a whole slew of things that were suddenly forced on her that she didnt want to do, even though we have footage of her saying she wants all of these things.  I'm not saying she lying or that there isnt a lot of truth to Brianna spending her life feling backed into a corner.  But I do think she this is a pattern with her.  She makes decisions that aren't really that well thought out and then blames whoever for forcing her to do so.

PS. please pardon the spelling.  I can't get my spell check to work.

I still have hope that with Vicki kept at arms length there is hope for Briana to develop into a more mature woman, wife and mother. As for Ryan, I am willing to give him a pass because I do believe he has PTSD and got help so until we see differently I will hold out hope. Both Briana and Ryan are young and still have a chance to learn, develop and change for the better. Vicki on the other hand, I have seen no real growth in her as a person, that someone her age is incapable of it but I really don't ever see Vicki ever looking past "ME" (herself). JMO

• Love 3

Interesting that Michael was the one who signed Vicki up for the show and he's barely around. I wonder if he's still online gambling.

I wonder if Vicki has been to his apartment yet? LOL

• Love 2

Interesting that Michael was the one who signed Vicki up for the show and he's barely around. I wonder if he's still online gambling.

Can you blame him? What kid wants to be around a crazy mother?

• Love 2

Vicki isn't happy with a blogger who pointed out that the "successful businesswoman" image she tries to portray isn't quite accurate.  When he listed all of her business failures, from jeans to diamonds to vodka, she accused him of being vindictive because she didn't respond when he tried to contact her.  She Tweeted that her vodka and Wines by Wives failed because of her partners, not her.

http://realmrhousewife.com/2015/07/29/vicki-gunvalson-business-ventures-fail-exclusive

• Love 2

This may not be the appropriate place to post this but I'll do it since it involves Vicki's boyfriend Brooks Ayers. I have found it pretty repulsive the way some of the housewives have behaved regarding Brooks health. Meghan believes he's faking his cancer and Shannon is certain that she can help him by referring him to alternative medicine 'healers' who treat cancer with hot rocks, herbs and meditation. These women live in a bubble where the most tragic thing that happens is that their husbands cheat on them. Of course they know that cancer is a very bad diagnosis for anyone, no matter what type of cancer it is. All cancers are different, but, Non-Hodgkins lymphoma is the type of cancer that chemotherapy has little effect on once it infiltrates into a major organ. Chemotherapy is very effective on soft tissue cancers like breast and ovarian cancer, but liver, pancreas and kidney cancers are only shrunken for a while and not cured. When revision or removal of the cancer from an organ isn't possible, chemo will shrink it giving a person some added months of life but not a cure.

The important thing to remember as far as Brooks goes is that the man is very ill and should, at the very least, be treated with some respect and kindness. He needs support from everyone in his life, not stress. He will need strength to transition to the next phase of his illness and to accept what will come. Vicki will be there for him and for that I give her an immense amount of credit.

Am I coldhearted because I can't believe Vicki's reaction to hearing about her mother's death was spontaneous and genuine?  Was a lot of it "acting" for the cameras? Then when she was going to call her (deceased) mother about something.   I don't know what explanations can ever convince me.  Spare me the psychic!

I had that same thought initially also, that it was for the benefit of the camera but realized that these rich California Orange County wives live all their lives inside in a parallel reality to ours. They're used to having things the way they want them and getting what they want. They may go through the trials and tribulations of cheating husbands, divorces and children that get in trouble and they may stress and cry about it and get relief of their stress with Xanax or Valium. But really, when is the last time any housewife on any show has gone through the death of a parent while filming? Bethenny Fankel lost her father while filming RHONY but they had been estranged and feuding for years, so it was a different circumstance. Vicki was very close to her mother. I would expect such a reaction from a young child or teenager, not a 53 year old woman. Apparently the death of someone close to her hasn't touched her life before her mother's death. The display of total hysterics and the inability to process the facts and accept her death even weeks after the funeral demonstrates the denial she was in. But, denial doesn't change death and she eventually had to go through her denial and mourning period to get to the acceptance stage.

Edited by HumblePi

Shannon is certain that she can help him by referring him to alternative medicine 'healers' who treat cancer with hot rocks, herbs and meditation.

Actually the doctor Shannon wants to recommend combines both western and alternative medicine because Brooks has decided already to just go with juicing and forest showers. I will say that Brooks is the only cancer patient i have seen who appears to be celebrating the weight loss.

• Love 4

I'm not a Brooks apologist by any means but what I've seen from him this season seems to be a sort of resignation. He comes across as a private person who is just dealing with the situation as well as he can. Maybe a serious illness has led him to consider his past bad behaviors and actions and feel sort of guilty about them?

• Love 2

In this morning's news there's a story about a Pennsylvania beauty queen who has been charged with faking cancer. Apparently her scheme was so elaborate she fooled people for two years. She benefitted financially from several fundraisers.

The details sound suspiciously like Brooks' story, especially that the beauty queen would have friends drive her to the hospital for treatments and make them wait in the lobby while she "hid" in other parts of the hospital.

Brooks isn't having fundraisers, but he seems to be benefitting financially from Vicki. I'm still leaning toward believing that he has cancer and can't wait to see if the truth will come out.

• Love 4

In this morning's news there's a story about a Pennsylvania beauty queen who has been charged with faking cancer. Apparently her scheme was so elaborate she fooled people for two years. She benefitted financially from several fundraisers.

The details sound suspiciously like Brooks' story, especially that the beauty queen would have friends drive her to the hospital for treatments and make them wait in the lobby while she "hid" in other parts of the hospital.

Brooks isn't having fundraisers, but he seems to be benefitting financially from Vicki. I'm still leaning toward believing that he has cancer and can't wait to see if the truth will come out.

He didn't need cancer for Vicki to support him, and, by the way, he earns those pennies! Bitch is a full-time job. As long as he isn't asking others for money or nursing care, it is no one else's business what his health situation is. Vicki is the one talking about it, because it burnishes her -- the caring "spouse." If anything, she is the con artist here, brandishing her man's health as a way to show her empathy and all-around wonderfulness. And using it as an excuse to behave badly in the future, I have no doubt. Edited by SFoster21
  • Love 4

But she doesn't seem that empathetic or deeply concerned about him, that's the weirdest part of this whole Cancer story line. He no longer seems like the "love of her life" and she's not freaking out like she did with Brianna's thyroid surgery. She even did a TH saying she sort of regrets divorcing Don, as if Brooks won't see that! Maybe she's over him but doesn't know how to dump him now thst he's allegedly sick.

Edited by RedHawk
  • Love 3

I'm on the fence regarding Brook's cancer(real vs.not real.) Vicki would never do anything that nefarious (take part in lying about Brooks having cancer) since it would definitely jeopardize her job with Bravo. What i find interesting,is Brooks does appear a bit sick looking, but jim edmonds ex (leanne?) looked (to me) absoloutely beautiful andd healthy at the giraffes fund raiser. I know she definitely had cancer but she wasn't emaciated looking. so my point is this: if she had end stage cancer, and looked so good, why can't it be possible that Brooks has cancer and doesn't look bad? (Sorry can't get myself to say "Brooks has cancer and looks good") Bravo always likes to take their preview clips and housewives comments out of context so everyone will think there's something exciting to watch for. Then you watch it when it's all in correct context

I'm on the fence regarding Brook's cancer(real vs.not real.) Vicki would never do anything that nefarious (take part in lying about Brooks having cancer) since it would definitely jeopardize her job with Bravo. What i find interesting,is Brooks does appear a bit sick looking, but jim edmonds ex (leanne?) looked (to me) absoloutely beautiful andd healthy at the giraffes fund raiser. I know she definitely had cancer but she wasn't emaciated looking. so my point is this: if she had end stage cancer, and looked so good, why can't it be possible that Brooks has cancer and doesn't look bad? (Sorry can't get myself to say "Brooks has cancer and looks good") Bravo always likes to take their preview clips and housewives comments out of context so everyone will think there's something exciting to watch for. Then you watch it when it's all in correct context and it turns out to be nothing at all.

I must say one more thing: I HATE MEEGAN. But I'm loving all the fabulous giraffe snarking posted by all of you very witty PT folks!

And this just in....Straight from the horse's mouth on her FB page:  https://www.facebook.com/vickigunvalsonhousewife?fref=nf

After much prayer, thought, counseling, and consideration, we have decided to end our four year relationship. We both wish nothing but a great future for each other. We have come to realize that one can indeed love someone in their heart, but that the time may come for their lives to take separate paths. Though the remaining episodes of Season 10 of The Real Housewives of Orange County will show us as a couple, the filming took place in January 2015 through May 2015. There will be no further statements or interviews regarding our relationship as we choose to move on with our lives. Though we choose to live our lives in the public eye we thank you for your understanding and ask privacy during this difficult time.
Vicki Gunvalson and Brooks Ayers
443 Likes64 Comments11 Shares
  • Love 7

I can't wait for someone to leak the gory details on this breakup.

Bye - Bye Brooks!  Don't let the door hit you in the ass!

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 3
Maybe she's over him but doesn't know how to dump him now thst he's allegedly sick.

It's so hard to backtrack and admit one's wrong after fighting with everyone for years on the topic...or a grifter.

The important thing to remember as far as Brooks goes is that the man is very ill and should, at the very least, be treated with some respect and kindness.

Wait!  So the diagnosis has been confirmed by accredited and licensed physicians in the State of California?  

• Love 2

I was prepared to heartily dislike Meghan from what I saw in the previews vis-a-vis her contentions that she's an expert by proxy on Brooks's situation thanks to her experience with Lee Ann (may she RIP). I would still personally be uncomfortable tackling the subject as aggressively as Mrs. Edmonds the third. But you know who Brooks can blame for the current attention he's commanding? Himself and his sugar mama for advancing those particular circumstances as a storyline. Brooks and Vicki are adults as well as veterans of the reality rat race; both are aware of the fact that what one puts forth on the show is subject to critique, deconstruction, and opprobrium. Shannon is making every effort to put Brooks in contact with her (I would assume extensive) rolodex of health professionals - professionals who combine alternative/Oriental therapies with mainstream Occidental ones (the very fact that remission is not synonymous with total recovery would, I'd argue, make esoteric avenues all that more appealing). What could you call that other than "support"? But instead of "thank you," what her consistent, repeated attempts have yielded from Vicki are a sneering talking head about Shannon not being a "professional" (yeah, I think she knows that since she's trying to put Vicks in touch with . . . the professionals she personally knows) and, this forthcoming week, some banshee-like screaming.

Brook doesn't have a job so I doubt he has any health insurance. I wonder if Vicki has been footing the bill for his treatments and then found out it was all a lie.

• Love 1

The timing of this is . . .  er, interesting.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-3200576/Real-Housewives-Orange-County-star-Vicki-Gunvalson-splits-boyfriend-Brooks-Ayers.html

Will the next ep reveal he's faking cancer or confirm everyone's suspicions of it?  Even Heather said his behavior wasn't adding up.  So was Vicks in on the fakery or did she finally realized she was being conned?  Whatever.  So what's Vicks gonna do now?  She's so terrified of being alone.  How about getting one of those blow-up  man dolls, Vicks?  Better companion than Brooksie, hun.

• Love 1

So Vicki and Brooks "break up" right when the fake cancer storyline starts to air. What a coincidence. Vicki then gets to ask for privacy, and states they will issue no further statements or interviews. How convenient.

Nice try, Vicki. But we've got your number.

• Love 10

I hate even having to question if a person is lying about having cancer..... But Brooks is obviously a grifter, and supposedly lied about having cancer at least once before to a different woman. I don't think Vicki would go along with a ruse like that, so it really makes me wonder if she got the goods on Brooksie?! Vicki is greedy and self centered, but I don't think she would break up with someone while they battled cancer- even more reason to think maybe she found out he was lying. I hope the truth is revealed at some point.

• Love 1

Vicki may refuse to to make any further statements or give interviews about her breakup with Brooks but that doesn't mean the other HWs won't have something to say. Now the question is who will it be? Tamara, Meghan or Shannon?

They haven't filmed the reunion yet. Let's hope it comes up then.

• Love 1

What crazy timing.

I'm scratching my head that I (we?) are Debating if his cancer is being faked because a PSYCHIC said so..... Is a psychic the source of this allegation ? Boy, bet this psychic gets asked back if he's created this much buzz! $$$$$

ps It wouldn't surprise me if Brooks is TOTALLY faking it. I'm just surprised that the rumor got legs because a psychic says so.

Edited by Alonzo Mosely FBI
  • Love 4
Vicki may refuse to to make any further statements or give interviews about her breakup with Brooks

...but that doesn't rule out that Andy Cohen has Big Plans in store for Brooks...or a new Brooks and Vicki show.

Come to think of it, wouldn't BRAVO have the regular/routine normal medical exams and stipulations for their "performers" that other ongoing television shows have?  

• Love 1

...but that doesn't rule out that Andy Cohen has Big Plans in store for Brooks...or a new Brooks and Vicki show.

Seriously tho, don't count on it.  Satan Andy knows a liability when he sees one & would distance himself immediately from one.  Faking cancer is something viewers would vehemently hate.  Buh-bye, Brooksie.  I suspect even Vicks finally realized he was a liability & could directly affect the status of her employment on the show.  

Keep in mind, Vicks makes a shit-ton of dough now from Bravo -- I bet way more than she does shilling insurance.  She wouldn't wanna lose this gig or be demoted to friend status merely cuz of her association with Brooksie.  Are she & Brooksie really over with?  Me doubts it.  Vicks is hooked on Brooksie like a junkie to drugs, but she don't wanna lose the Bravo dough.  Me thinks she's playing Bravo, Satan Andy & us so she can still keep that Bravo dough rolling in.

Edited by ScoobieDoobs
  • Love 5

I wonder if Vicki made the decision because of losing her mom? I know when I lost my parents (12 years apart) after each death I re evaulated my life and made changes regarding things I no longer wanted to put up with. I found especially after losing my second parent and feeling like an orphan - even though I was almost 50 (and apparently this feeling is quite common) - I took stock of my life and in that case left a job I had not been happy with for some time.

So Vicki's decision may have had something to do with finding out that Brooksie really didn't have cancer. Or maybe she just admitted to herself that he was not the great love of her life but rather someone in her life only because she is incapable of being alone. Maybe she decided that she deserved someone who would love her unconditionally as her mother had, and no longer wanted to settle for less.  

Regarding Brooksie, did Vicki never go with him to his 'chemo' sessions, or any legit doctors? I know we never saw anything on camera, but one would think at some point she would have some idea if he was indeed scamming her. But then again, this is Vicki. So maybe not.

Edited by UsernameFatigue
  • Love 5