Type keyword(s) to search

Vicki Gunvalson: Her Love Tank Runneth Over

Message added by PrincessPurrsALot,

No politics.  That means none.  Zero. Zilch. Nada. 
See the Primetimer Politics Policy

• Start Topic

I'm convinced Vicki needed a sympathetic story line last year and she and Brooks concocted the cancer story. It was something Books had used before. Vicki just didn't expect so much scrunity from her cast mates/producers. Then when questioned she doubled down with more details, e.g. the tabbed notebook.  Next she began to yell, and finally she declared herself a victim. 

AND she still has contact with him. That's the most damning detail. 

• Love 6

I rewatched some of last season and I don't think Vicki knew the cancer was fake as of Heather's construction site luncheon. She gets way too upset both during and after the lunch, and I don't believe for a moment that Vicki is that good of an actress. Also compare it to her behavior at Shannon's Aries party and showing the "test results" to Tamra - there is almost a withdrawn, sullen quietness to her. She never blows up like that again. It feels like her behavior takes a turn somewhere between the luncheon and the Aries party.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, PhilMarlowe2 said:

I rewatched some of last season and I don't think Vicki knew the cancer was fake as of Heather's construction site luncheon. She gets way too upset both during and after the lunch, and I don't believe for a moment that Vicki is that good of an actress. Also compare it to her behavior at Shannon's Aries party and showing the "test results" to Tamra - there is almost a withdrawn, sullen quietness to her. She never blows up like that again. It feels like her behavior takes a turn somewhere between the luncheon and the Aries party.

That's so interesting because I thought she was so fake during that episode. I felt as though her reaction was a result of her feeling somewhat panicked that people were figuring it out. Her anger at the top of the mountain or the winter wonderland party the previous season had a different energy- that felt real. This one, not so much (to me). I thought it was convenient that she brought up her mother (again). She did that all season for sympathy or for people to just back off.

• Love 4

But I think that is sooooo Vicki to bring up her mother. She is always doing shit like that. For me, I was more convinced by her behavior after the fight - she was practically crying when she was just with Heather, Tamra and Shannon. I just can't believe she is that good of an actress.

• Love 2
On 6/26/2016 at 9:21 AM, PhilMarlowe2 said:

But I think that is sooooo Vicki to bring up her mother. She is always doing shit like that. For me, I was more convinced by her behavior after the fight - she was practically crying when she was just with Heather, Tamra and Shannon. I just can't believe she is that good of an actress.

I hear you, I just think she was crying because she didn't want to have to lose/ break up with Brooks, and admitting the truth would mean she would have to do just that.  

• Love 2
(edited)
On June 24, 2016 at 9:43 AM, beaker73 said:

Good.  I'm thrilled that the fake site is down.   

So many things wrong with what she tried.  I'll start with the new "coming" website page )a stock photo of hands) doesn't have people wearing the magical bracelets.

the original site?  All we needed to know to confirm this was/is a scam is that is a ".com" website.  Real not for profits use ".org".  Then of course the incredible idea that real charities would go under her umbrella, yeah, the American Cencer Society and the like will rush to the umbrella of a reality tv star with no medical experience and a history of bullshitting about fake cancer.

although now that I think about it, the insurance tab makes me think that when Icki used the term "umbrella", maybe she meant she wants to sell insurance to all the charities?  Yeah, that's the ticket.  This is really all about selling more insurance.....

i am also assuming a new boyfriend has an interest in a business that sells these cheap-ass bracelets, because she won't do something without getting some profit out of it.  Or maybe that is Brooks' new business.

did her son move to Scottsdale? The start of the article said she met with him there.

[edited to add] I decided to check if she has a Scottsdale office.   Not per her business web page.  Though hysterical in other ways.  The "blog" section just has 3 placeholder spots, specifically for where she could (but hasn's) put content.   Seriously - they are called "this is the title of your first entry," etc.. The text is 'here is where you can put in sip On my way! Inspirational text'.  She isn't even trying anymore.

Edited by Mrs peel
Add info
  • Love 1

So what is brianna's latest health crisis? And what, Icky bought them a house? Oh she won't run their lives at all now lol.

(those poor kids look way too much like their father)

• Love 2
On ‎7‎/‎18‎/‎2016 at 8:37 PM, Bebecat said:

So what is brianna's latest health crisis? And what, Icky bought them a house? Oh she won't run their lives at all now lol.

(those poor kids look way too much like their father)

Poor Ava looks like her rapey eyed father.

On June 22, 2016 at 8:57 AM, Pollock said:

For fuck sake.... 

Somebody with a twitter account should forward that to the other housewives. Should be fun for reunion!

I've already alerted Shannon Beador.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, Snarky McSnarky said:

Briana's house in OK sold for $415K on July 8th.  She bought it for $400K in 2014.

https://www.redfin.com/OK/Choctaw/2712-Forest-Glen-Cir-73020/home/72025389

So 6% to the realtors (plus probably some closing costs) and they actually lost money on it.  I don't understand why someone in the military, who didn't want to settle permanently there, would buy such an expensive house for a family (at the time) of 3. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, lilmarysunshine said:

So 6% to the realtors (plus probably some closing costs) and they actually lost money on it.  I don't understand why someone in the military, who didn't want to settle permanently there, would buy such an expensive house for a family (at the tim e) of 3. 

Because Vicki held the purse strings and they wanted her to shut up. They hate Mommy's controlling nature but love the money she has. It was expensive because Breanne and Vicki wanted and OC house (or close to it) in OK.

• Love 2
(edited)

Here is my thing with Briana and Vicki.  Instead of making it sound like Briana makes all this money "working two jobs" as nurse be honest, a foreign concept to both.

I would have no problem with Briana saying, "six figures, shooting a reality show, home with my kids, near my mom, win, win."  As long as she was also ready to admit two house payments for seven  months, away from my husband because I took the job in OC, travelled when I should not have and wasn't such a great idea but the money was great.

Am I the only one who hears they are going to pick up the boys?  It always sounds like Briana is tasked with taking care of the kids.  Twice I have heard she and Vicki say, I have to go pick up the kids.  I realize in the OC world nannies are more popular but some people still rely on daycare.

ETA:  I do think Briana had the added burden of saving her mom's million dollar salary.  As Vicki said, "they had a plan."

Edited by zoeysmom
  • Love 2
On 6/26/2016 at 0:26 AM, PhilMarlowe2 said:

I honestly don't know what to think of Vicki.   At the end of the day, I think Vicki is generally on the up and up - or at least aims to be.  I do think she has trouble identifying the line though.  She just doesn't understand how certain things are/can be perceived by others.

I think this is true in business, men, and Brook's cancer issues.   I think she turned a blind eye to Brook's behavior 99.9% of the time and simply took him at his word.  I don't think she lied the way most of us think of the word, but I don't think she allowed herself to see the facts to know better one way or another.  On some level, I believe she knew.  She just didn't dig deeper to confirm.

I think Vicki needs psychological help.   She's stubborn and desperate and completely unable to process the opinions of others as valid.

• Love 3
(edited)
43 minutes ago, Jextella said:

I honestly don't know what to think of Vicki.   At the end of the day, I think Vicki is generally on the up and up - or at least aims to be.  I do think she has trouble identifying the line though.  She just doesn't understand how certain things are/can be perceived by others.

I think this is true in business, men, and Brook's cancer issues.   I think she turned a blind eye to Brook's behavior 99.9% of the time and simply took him at his word.  I don't think she lied the way most of us think of the word, but I don't think she allowed herself to see the facts to know better one way or another.  On some level, I believe she knew.  She just didn't dig deeper to confirm.

I think Vicki needs psychological help.   She's stubborn and desperate and completely unable to process the opinions of others as valid.

I disagree. One of Vicki's biggest/worst/most glaring lies was the lie about Terry coming over to give Brooks an IV at home after his "first" chemo treatment. She told both Shannon and Briana that very same lie and she told it well before filming began for last season. It was a blatant lie, not some small little white lie but a big, bold lie and she didn't expect that Shannon/Heather would become friends with her lie coming out as a result of them talking or that Briana would tell Tamra about that lie as well.

Vicki repeatedly lied about going to Dr. appointments with him, going to chemo treatments with him and that she organized his medical/treatment binder.....all of which were deliberate lies told by her, not by Brooks. Vicki admitted that it was her idea to bring Brook's "cancer story" to the show, that he didn't want it on the show at all but that he finally gave in to her.

She had nothing else to offer the show, outside of Brooks living with her and, IMO, she feared that would not be enough to keep her as a full HW. Remember, Luann (NY) had been downgraded to FOH the season before because she refused to share her/Jacques relationship ending on the show and Vicki would have been well aware of that and would fear getting downgraded to FOH herself. I don't think she initially knew he, Brooks, was lying about having cancer but she knew the truth before filming began but decided to use/run with it anyway.

ETA.... IMO, Vicki keeps tabs on the other HW shows, especially the OGs of each city. She saw Luann, 1 of the 2 remaining NY OGS get downgraded and feared it would happen to her. And she is now using the OG, Teresa G, of NJ excuses...."I made a MISTAKE", "I didn't lie" "I believed what Joe (Brooks for Vicki) told me" and "It isn't my fault" ! LOL

Edited by WireWrap
  • Love 8

Personally, I don't know that the IV lie is necessarily because Vicki knew Brooks was faking cancer. By her own admission, Vicki was hoping Brooks' sickness would elicit sympathy from the other women and help him to belong. I could totally see Vicki lying about the severity of his condition, and him needing an IV, in order to get those casseroles. The fact is that Vicki lies a lot. I think she lies impulsively (kind of like Lisa Rinna impulsively agrees with whomever she is talking to at the time). I still think she was embellishing simply because it made him sound sicker, not because she knew he was healthy. But then I am one of those people who simply cannot fathom she would knowingly go in on a con like that.

• Love 4

The problem with the IV lie was that she potentially could have put Terry's career in jeopardy. Even though she told it off camera, there was always the possibility of it being brought up, and therefore is a very destructive fallacy. 

• Love 5

Also, Vicki admitted later that she had never seen his medical records despite the that she told them all she had made him a binder with all of it and had accompanied them on at least one appointment and had to back track.

Not to mention she is still giving quotes to People saying it breaks her heart what the other women did to her relationship with Brooks.

• Love 7
(edited)
8 hours ago, Jextella said:

At the end of the day, I think Vicki is generally on the up and up - or at least aims to be.  I do think she has trouble identifying the line though.  She just doesn't understand how certain things are/can be perceived by others.

Perhaps but, as with Lynn Curtain blaming their foreclosure/eviction on her husband 'lying', she--as an adult--has an obligation to educate herself regarding important issues, be they finances or illness and not casting herself as a victim simply because she was a trusting, desperately needy or naive or stupid head in the sand denier. You're supposed to be an intelligent grownup--own that and leave the endless excuses elsewhere.

I disagree. One of Vicki's biggest/worst/most glaring lies was the lie about Terry coming over to give Brooks an IV at home after his "first" chemo treatment. She told both Shannon and Briana that very same lie and she told it well before filming began for last season. It was a blatant lie, not some small little white lie but a big, bold lie and she didn't expect that Shannon/Heather would become friends with her lie coming out as a result of them talking or that Briana would tell Tamra about that lie as well.

Vicki repeatedly lied about going to Dr. appointments with him, going to chemo treatments with him and that she organized his medical/treatment binder.....all of which were deliberate lies told by her, not by Brooks. Vicki admitted that it was her idea to bring Brook's "cancer story" to the show, that he didn't want it on the show at all but that he finally gave in to her.

She had nothing else to offer the show, outside of Brooks living with her and, IMO, she feared that would not be enough to keep her as a full HW.

And this, too--in spades. Seriously--own it, bitch.

Edited by Beden
  • Love 4
9 hours ago, PhilMarlowe2 said:

Personally, I don't know that the IV lie is necessarily because Vicki knew Brooks was faking cancer. By her own admission, Vicki was hoping Brooks' sickness would elicit sympathy from the other women and help him to belong. I could totally see Vicki lying about the severity of his condition, and him needing an IV, in order to get those casseroles. The fact is that Vicki lies a lot. I think she lies impulsively (kind of like Lisa Rinna impulsively agrees with whomever she is talking to at the time). I still think she was embellishing simply because it made him sound sicker, not because she knew he was healthy. But then I am one of those people who simply cannot fathom she would knowingly go in on a con like that.

If you look back at the episodes where Meghan originally outed her doubts about Brooks with cancer, people were extremely sympathetic towards Brooks and Meghan was the worst person ever for doubting him-even though Eddie had done the "bullshit" cough early on.  Brooks early on-way before filming began in October was posting signs of City of Hope and thanking them for their care of him.  He and Vicki were travelling and picked up a juice account and Brooks was using it to tout his success with cancer.

I believe Vicki and Brooks were trying to negotiate $$$$$$$ for Brooks to appear on the show if Vicki was going to be forced to film with him (since he lived with her).  He had a perfect excuse for not filming if he were undergoing "chemo".  His last chemo treatment just happened to be right after he and Vicki returned for Puerto Vallarta. 

Vicki knew at the Aries party that she was losing her battle of plausible deniability regarding Brooks not having cancer.  She chose to strike out at Shannon instead of admitting it.  People were furious with Shannon for making Vicki cry and badgering her about Brooks' cancer.  If Brooks had not have dumped Vicki she would still be with him.  Her pathetic phone call from the limo-well Vicki perhaps had you not gotten in David's face after attacking his wife you would not be hearing what the others' feel about you.  David was clear admit it and you have a clean slate.   David had to admit to dishonesty and it keeps being thrown in his face.  First by Vicki's kin and now by her new BFF.

• Love 4

I heard a story today that brought to mind Troy's reaction to Owen taking his things.  A few thought this meant Troy's a brat, while others thought it was perfectly normal. 

So my cousin's four year old is running high temps from a virus.  She told me he slept poorly because he had bad dreams all night.  What was the bad dream?  His two year old brother was stealing his Spider-Man cup.  Poor little dude. 

• Love 5

Just dial twisted past an old (2009) Dr Phil and stopped when I saw Vicki, Jeana and Lynn sitting there discussing how they'd had to downsize after the housing crash on 2008. Jeana and Lynn were talking about selling excess cars, downsizing and all that, Vicki smugly announced that since she's a Financial Advisor (or was it Financial Planner? It was pre caffeine, sorry) and so she and her family are just fine and dandy, thank you. Her son drives an old car, her daughter is paying the monthly charges for her new Mercedes and how she keeps track of every dollar going in and out, bless her heart.

Financial Planner? You're an Insurance shill, you lying, cheating two-faced bitch. Who was schupping Brooks about this time.

• Love 10

Yep, Beden, I saw that too and it really underscored to me what  a dumb ASS Vicki clearly is!!  She almost stood up and gave herself a high five after telling Jeana no to a loan.  She also didn't even MENTION that Brianna's MERCEDES was HER doing.  Sort of like her gifting a house to Brianna now.  I figure if Brianna wanted to buy herself a CAR, she ought to be able to pick it out herself.  JMHO.

• Love 6

Real talk my mom has gifted me a surprise SUV also (that she bought outright) and then told me I'd have to pay her back (which I did in less time she requested).

Maybe Brianna was complaining about wanting a specific car? But it makes no sense really since Brianna has bragged about making 6 figures plus her husbands check so they easily could afford a Yukon or used Escalade. 

• Love 2
On ‎6‎/‎20‎/‎2016 at 3:48 PM, LIMOM said:

in all fairness to Vicky, she looks so much prettier and softer than she ever looked. Her surgeon is a magician. her personality still sucks though.

And she is still hung on Brooks, huh?

He must be an incredible sex machine that one.

There must be a reason some call him "Girth Brooks".

Ugh, I need to soak my fingers in bleach for a day or several.

• Love 2
On ‎8‎/‎6‎/‎2016 at 5:04 AM, Beden said:

Just dial twisted past an old (2009) Dr Phil and stopped when I saw Vicki, Jeana and Lynn sitting there discussing how they'd had to downsize after the housing crash on 2008. Jeana and Lynn were talking about selling excess cars, downsizing and all that, Vicki smugly announced that since she's a Financial Advisor (or was it Financial Planner? It was pre caffeine, sorry) and so she and her family are just fine and dandy, thank you. Her son drives an old car, her daughter is paying the monthly charges for her new Mercedes and how she keeps track of every dollar going in and out, bless her heart.

Financial Planner? You're an Insurance shill, you lying, cheating two-faced bitch. Who was schupping Brooks about this time.

It was her first attempt at a binder. It was color coded, tabbed and everything. She reused it for Brooks

• Love 8
On 8/5/2016 at 6:05 PM, Petunia13 said:

Why the hell is Black Forest Candy USA (which makes gummy bears, worms, fruit snacks, ect) using VICKI as a spokesperson in ads?!? 

? ???

Because she's the official Witch of the Black Forest (complete with Evil Eye)?

witch.jpg

• Love 1

According to Ad Age:

Ferrara Candy Co. is using ideas from reality TV, specifically from "The Real Housewives of Orange County," to promote new organic gummy bears.   The campaign stars four CGI bears with a bit of an attitude about being organic:

"They're a little pudgy, a little judgy, and a lot delicious."

As part of the push, the bears will recreate some iconic moments from "The Real Housewives of Orange County" that will run on Bravo's web site. Also, the Mrs. Organic gummy bear character and RHOC's Vicki Gunvalson are set to have a back and forth engagement on social media.

http://adage.com/article/cmo-strategy/ferrara-reality-tv-approach-organic-gummy-debut/304473/

Edited by Snarky McSnarky
6 hours ago, Snarky McSnarky said:

According to Ad Age:

Ferrara Candy Co. is using ideas from reality TV, specifically from "The Real Housewives of Orange County," to promote new organic gummy bears.   The campaign stars four CGI bears with a bit of an attitude about being organic:

As part of the push, the bears will recreate some iconic moments from "The Real Housewives of Orange County" that will run on Bravo's web site. Also, the Mrs. Organic gummy bear character and RHOC's Vicki Gunvalson are set to have a back and forth engagement on social media.

http://adage.com/article/cmo-strategy/ferrara-reality-tv-approach-organic-gummy-debut/304473/

If I were going to use a housewife as a pitchman, I would go to Kelly Killoren Bensimon first. Al Sharpton! Al Sharpton!! Next would be Carole "I ate some gummy bears laced with something and then I threw up" Radziwill. Not a housewife, but Caroline Stanbury would be next just based on how she hoovered those jelly tots while her business crumbled. After that, Phaedra Parks, Taylor Armstrong, and Kyle Richards just based on their ability to put on a child's birthday party. Last would be Brandi Granville and Yolanda because both of them have demonstrated the ability to drive traffic to their sites and sponsors.

• Love 5
On ‎8‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 6:06 PM, Snarky McSnarky said:

According to Ad Age:

The only REAL gummi bears are Haribo Goldbaren. The grapefruit bears are the best.

• Love 6

I just read upthread  (sorry for this kind of type-have no idea what I accidentally hit-tech challenged for sure) that Briana sold her house at a likely loss. We were in the Army for twenty years and never bought a house because we moved every couple of years and spent a total of 7 years in Germany. We didn't buy a house until we retired. We couldn't afford to buy one and couldn't afford to sell one until we had retired. I see these young couples on "House Hunter's" who are in the military and buying houses. I just want to shout "Dont' do it!". BTW, my parents and my husband's parents were also retired military and didn't buy their first houses until they'd retired too. It makes no financial sense to us to buy these houses that you'll only live in for a couple of years. 

• Love 4
29 minutes ago, Gam2 said:

I just read upthread  (sorry for this kind of type-have no idea what I accidentally hit-tech challenged for sure) that Briana sold her house at a likely loss. We were in the Army for twenty years and never bought a house because we moved every couple of years and spent a total of 7 years in Germany. We didn't buy a house until we retired. We couldn't afford to buy one and couldn't afford to sell one until we had retired. I see these young couples on "House Hunter's" who are in the military and buying houses. I just want to shout "Dont' do it!". BTW, my parents and my husband's parents were also retired military and didn't buy their first houses until they'd retired too. It makes no financial sense to us to buy these houses that you'll only live in for a couple of years. 

I think Ryan/Briana though they would be there for a much longer time but he got hurt, bad enough that he is in the process of getting a medical discharge, which is why they sold the house. I believe that they made about 15K on the sale which wouldn't leave much after RE commission/taxes are paid unless they put a big down payment on the house when they bought it (which is what I suspect they did as Briana made really good money nursing and from this show). My nephew (then a Marine)/his wife (ex AF) bought when he was stationed in DC and had to sell about 4 years later when he left the Military. They did well enough to have a decent down payment on their next house. I guess buying a house makes sense if there is no base housing readably available or if their off base housing allotment is large enough, in addition to a second income from the non military spouse, to cover all the expenses. 

Just read Vicki's blog.  Man, she is a piece of work.  A REALLY unlikable piece of work.  Bravo, this cast member has run her course.  Now she just makes many of us labile (thank you Redheaded Zombie!).  

• Love 4
10 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

Just read Vicki's blog.  Man, she is a piece of work.  A REALLY unlikable piece of work.  Bravo, this cast member has run her course.  Now she just makes many of us labile (thank you Redheaded Zombie!).  

She is such a piece of garbage! She refused to discuss Brooks cancer last season even though he was on the show but has no problem claiming her BIL was just diagnosed with prostrate cancer and can't get insurance because of it in her latest blog! Last week she claims a close friend of hers died without having any life insurance! Because of all her lies last season, I would not put it past her to be lying about these men in her blog! Garbage, she is slimy, rotten garbage. 

• Love 6

Wow.  From the blog...

I can't continue to talk about what happened last year, I just simply don't have the energy. It's done, it's over and I've moved on. I was the one who was hurt by my past relationship, but somehow they continue to make it about them. It's mind-boggling.

Mind boggling indeed, but not in the way Vicki thinks.

And the gross insurance pitch...

Lastly, this week I found out my brother-in-law who applied for life insurance recently was declined and diagnosed with prostate cancer from the life insurance exam. This goes to show you how important it is to apply for coverage when you are healthy and not after a diagnosis as he is now uninsurable. Please visit my website atwww.cotoinsurance.com for a free quote.

• Love 11

It makes no financial sense to us to buy these houses that you'll only live in for a couple of years. 

Don't forget, Brianna is a CELEBRITY and people who are fans of the show may pay MORE to live in a celebrity home.  

And they might have sold it furnished.  And you know that nobody put their feet on the couch.

Edited by AuntieDiane6
  • Love 7

From what little I've seen of OC this season (since trampy, especially with her fake christianity firmly in place, remains too vomitously nasty for me to waste any time on) bicki has nicely positioned herself to lose her crown to Heather, who has legitimate bucks (albeit it via terry), had a legitimate career (albeit as a second rate actress), and is clearly salivating over the possibility of having her own 'show'; whereas bicki is pretty much smoke and mirrors, dubious 'business' ventures and the utter stupidity of keeping crooks in the picture....

• Love 3

It pains me to say this because I cannot stand Vicki, but she looks fantastic! She lost a lot of weight and seems fit and toned. Her face is still a mess but I don't think her body ever looked so good! 

A while back when Vicki was filmed in her bedroom I noticed several bottles of body lotion in her bathroom- got me wondering how they all get such soft glowing skin- do they body scrubs and wraps? I'm sure they all get their legs laser'ed or waxed and spray tans but even the skin on the rest of their body looks smooth. 

• Love 1

Of course it would be Vicki who is "hurt" at Glamis.  

New Bravo show, Queens of Bravo starring Vicki and Bethenny (RHNY). Just the two of them. And we get a remote, with a fast forward and mute button.

Or better yet, we get a bottle of champs and a plastic toy dart gun and we can shoot the tv every time the decibels reach 10.

• Love 5
On ‎8‎/‎17‎/‎2016 at 8:09 PM, bosawks said:

Vicki's just a couple of bad decisions from being an ID network episode.

On this episode of "Evil Kinsurance"......

Co-workers embark on an off road trip that ends in disaster when the ATV they are riding in flips sending two women to the hospital and the rest of the group  drinking champs in the after math. Later on, other co-workers are dragged into case when their allegiance is questioned by the survivors.

Monday at 9 Eastern 8 central.

21 hours ago, itsadryheat said:

Of course it would be Vicki who is "hurt" at Glamis.  

New Bravo show, Queens of Bravo starring Vicki and Bethenny (RHNY). Just the two of them. And we get a remote, with a fast forward and mute button.

Or better yet, we get a bottle of champs and a plastic toy dart gun and we can shoot the tv every time the decibels reach 10.

I USED to do that when I had a tube TV and my Nerf gun, DONT even try it if you have a flatscreen, it doesn't like it.

• Love 5