Type keyword(s) to search

Vicki Gunvalson: Her Love Tank Runneth Over

Message added by PrincessPurrsALot,

No politics.  That means none.  Zero. Zilch. Nada. 
See the Primetimer Politics Policy

• Start Topic

I'm not an OC real estate expert, but I looked at the recent sale of the house across from Vicki's late last year.  It is a 5 bedroom, 7 bath, 6,500 square foot house that sold for $2.5 Million.  That works out to $384 per square foot.

Vicki has a 5 bedroom, 6 bath, 5,400 square foot house that she wants $2.9 Million for.  That is $537 per square foot.  I don't know how she expects to get $400,000 more for her house, which is 1,100 square feet smaller than her neighbor's.  Her house's market value may be closer to 2 Million than 3 Million.

Vicki probably thinks because she lived in it, the house is worth more than market value.  

Ah well, the rest of us peasants will have to satisfy ourselves with drinking our  cheap Folger's out of a "Whoo-hoo!"  mug. 

• Love 4
(edited)

Vicki probably thinks because she lived in it, the house is worth more than market value.  

Ah well, the rest of us peasants will have to satisfy ourselves with drinking our  cheap Folger's out of a "Whoo-hoo!"  mug. 

Vicki...She really is the Bravo gift that just keeps on giving.  

I'd better get my middle-class ass back to work so I can earn enough to invest in the Vicki Gunvalson LITERAL Signature Collection.  

Such motivation and inspiration...

Edited by Persnickety1
  • Love 1

This is going to sound so stupid but please be kind, as I've always been poor.  When a house has five bedrooms and six bathrooms, what generally would be the placement of the bathrooms?  They wouldn't have a bathroom in each bedroom, would they?

• Love 1

This is going to sound so stupid but please be kind, as I've always been poor.  When a house has five bedrooms and six bathrooms, what generally would be the placement of the bathrooms?  They wouldn't have a bathroom in each bedroom, would they?

I'm going to assume one of the bathrooms is out by the pool so people who are wet don't track pool water through the house when they need to use the bathroom.

This is going to sound so stupid but please be kind, as I've always been poor. When a house has five bedrooms and six bathrooms, what generally would be the placement of the bathrooms? They wouldn't have a bathroom in each bedroom, would they?

It's possible that each bedroom does have a bath and then there's a common bath on the first floor. That did get to be a popular building style for a while. Of course generally speaking then the common bath is really only a powder room. Unless they have a den downstairs that doubles as a guest room, then they might have put a full bath there. I don't know. I grew up McMansion crazy California too and the amount of wasted space always drives me up the wall. It got popular to have a separate room with private bath for every damn thing you do in a day! Craft room, anyone? One particularly ugly house I went to once had a TV room, a den, and a media/movie theatre room. Cause those are all different things apparently.

This is going to sound so stupid but please be kind, as I've always been poor.  When a house has five bedrooms and six bathrooms, what generally would be the placement of the bathrooms?  They wouldn't have a bathroom in each bedroom, would they?

I've lived in a condo that had 2 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms.  Each bedroom (which were upstairs) had it's own bathroom, and then there was a bathroom on the first floor off of the kitchen area.  Maybe it's the same way for large houses?

I know one thing.  My ass tends to be lazy, so I was delighted I didn't have to traipse up and down the stairs every time my bladder came to life.  

Next time I have a residence with more than 1 floor, I want an elevator just like the DuBrows.  With my initials inlaid in the floor of it, too.  

• Love 1

I know one thing.  My ass tends to be lazy, so I was delighted I didn't have to traipse up and down the stairs every time my bladder came to life.

You could always hold it all day like Tamra and Vicki, LOL.

• Love 5

For years we've seen Vicki criticize RHs for not working. She has had nothing but terrible things to say about the RHs that don't work. This season we have the laziest, non-workingest blob of a RH ever and Vicki becomes her champion?

I think Vicki's anger at the previous RHs had more to do with looks than how much they worked. Since Shannon is unattractive, Vicki is best buds with her.

• Love 2

One thing about Vicki... She works hard but she plays just as hard. She's got her issues but damn she knows how to have fun!

Ooooh!  Another business...Vacations by Vicki! 

• Love 1

One thing about Vicki... She works hard but she plays just as hard. She's got her issues but damn she knows how to have fun!

Ooooh! Another business...Vacations by Vicki!

As much as I love her as a TV character, I think Vicki is an ignorant, white trash fool. All that being said I would so book a Vacation by Vicki! She could hook me up right! A condo/hotel room with a great view in a beautiful area, walking distance to a beach of some sort and a cute little town with great dinning and shopping. Vicki may not know grammar, but she knows vacation. I am there. Who wants to come?

• Love 9

Ooooh!  Another business...Vacations by Vicki!

With the slogans....Vacations by Vicki:

Let the pee begin.

It's not a vacation until you wet yourself

When in Mexico......let your bladder down

• Love 4

I am getting one of the Men's Woo-Hoo shirts. And my ass beaten, I'm pretty sure.

…Is this really a thing…I have to have one.  Sign me up, point me in the right direction…it still kills me I didn't get a "Who Gon' Check Me Boo" Shirt when I had the chance…

I'm normally a lurker who really enjoys reading y'all's snark, but I had to come out of lurkerdom to give an update from the forgotten state of Oklahoma.  My friend texted me super excited because she was at the clinic on base when who should she see?  Yup, Ragey Ryan!  Brianna and the kids weren't with him, but she managed to get a pic of him.  She didn't say anything because her daughter threatened her life if she embarrassed her, but she was able to get in a Woo Hoo as he passed by.  Is it awful that I want to go and sit outside the BX and Commissary to catch a glimpse of Brianna....yeah....a little too stalkerish :)

• Love 7

Well, we're really only allowed to disclose that type of information to people who are residents walnut queen, but I'll break the rules just for you.  We pattern our diet on the ladies of Michigan and eat lots and lots of potatoes.  And, of course, testicles from farm animals.  Only after they're deep fried though and we insist on eating them with an extra side dish of potatoes!  Our appetizers are chips and salsa so David would be happy.  Hope that helps :)

• Love 5

I'm normally a lurker who really enjoys reading y'all's snark, but I had to come out of lurkerdom to give an update from the forgotten state of Oklahoma. My friend texted me super excited because she was at the clinic on base when who should she see? Yup, Ragey Ryan! Brianna and the kids weren't with him, but she managed to get a pic of him. She didn't say anything because her daughter threatened her life if she embarrassed her, but she was able to get in a Woo Hoo as he passed by. Is it awful that I want to go and sit outside the BX and Commissary to catch a glimpse of Brianna....yeah....a little too stalkerish :)

This hits so home for me; I was in NYC with my daughter and was so excited to see Zarin Fabrics! But my daughter was so afraid I'd embarass her that I didn't go in. Children... such a blessing.

• Love 2

Well, we're really only allowed to disclose that type of information to people who are residents walnut queen, but I'll break the rules just for you.  We pattern our diet on the ladies of Michigan and eat lots and lots of potatoes.  And, of course, testicles from farm animals.  Only after they're deep fried though and we insist on eating them with an extra side dish of potatoes!  Our appetizers are chips and salsa so David would be happy.  Hope that helps :)

Kindred spirits, Sooner Smiles!  I might live in sunny SoCal, but I'm a Germanic meat and potatoes girl at heart, and unlike the OC insulars, am curious about ALL cultures and walks of life.  (You had me at potatoes; chips&salsa were superfluous!).  Bali, Oklahoma - I'm Canadian, so it is all foreign to me.  :-)

• Love 1
I always tell myself to live life like I am Vicki Gunvalson on vacation.

So basically you go around shrieking wildly at anything that comes into your line of vision, peeing on furniture, and getting hit in the head by footballs?

• Love 10

Price Reduction!  Vicki dropped her asking price by $200,000 after less than a month.

http://www.zillow.co.../25617245_zpid/

Much thanks, Bella Roche, for posting the listing for Vicki's house. I've seen most of it before, but it was interesting to look at all the pix again. And funny to see all the rooms we've seen on camera over the years. 

I know at the beginning of last season, she said she had much of he house redone, updated to be more "California casual". While I do see elements of that style, .....I still see leftover OLIVE GARDEN (faux Tuscan). Tee hee. 

I have the same sheet set and duvet as the guest bedroom with the large four poster bed and matching dark wood armoire. They are from Pottery Barn ! Woo Hoo ! (all solid white with minimal choc brown edging).  

Edited by Bossa Nova

I am going to say a few nice things about Vicki. She may be the only HW who loves being a granny and she does seem to know how to cook.

Yes, I was really feeling her pain when her grandbaby was leaving. I've been babysitting my grandchildren for the past five years while the parents work, and they're moving away next year. It's gonna kill me, and I'm sure I'll stand in the driveway weeping just like Vicki.

• Love 3

I think Vicki should come back next season with Jeanna helping her look for a fabulous by the sea bachelorette pad. Bring back several different wives for an episode or two to have coffee chats, mani/pedis, lunch dates etc to sort of check-in with the past. Keep Tamra, Heather and Shannon as the rest of the full time housewives and finish out their stories. At the end of the season show Vicki in her fabulous new home and then show the closing of the Coto de Caza gates for the last time. Eleven seasons is a great run, Woo, Hoo!

• Love 4

I just finished re-watching Season 2 and am making my way through Season 3. I'd totally forgotten this Vicki gem: picking out a new car for Brianna, driving the thing to her house (with a big red bow on the hood), honking wildly, whooping and commenting that Brianna seemed underwhelmed. (Well, she'd just gotten woken up from a nap.)

Vicki (shrieking excitedly): I got this for you!! Isn't this exciting?? Whooo-hoo! I got this car for you, honey…you just need to make the monthly payments.

I almost fell out of my chair when she delivered that kicker without a trace of self-consciousness. Brianna was a nursing student at the time! Why would Vicki ever think that Brianna would be psyched to be taking on car payments while in college? And what hell kind of gift is that? I got you a new car…well, kinda sorta…it's going to be on you to pay for it.

Then again, that same obliviousness made Vicki think Michael would be thrilled to see her on game day. 

It IS pretty poignant seeing her comment on the sadness in Jeana's marriage, knowing what's coming down the pike for her and Donn.

Edited by archer1267
  • Love 4

My mom is addicted to RHOC.. she text messaged me after watching season 4 on Hulu PLus about Vicki's falling/tripping down the stairs after getting her award.. stating 'karma is a b***ch' thought she laughed at Vicki's talking head about rescuing strippers from a line of stripping one pole at a time :)  She loved Don and felt bad for him being married to Vicki... I asked her about Brooks.. she had no comment LOL

• Love 2

My mom is addicted to RHOC.. she text messaged me after watching season 4 on Hulu PLus about Vicki's falling/tripping down the stairs after getting her award.. stating 'karma is a b***ch' thought she laughed at Vicki's talking head about rescuing strippers from a line of stripping one pole at a time :) She loved Don and felt bad for him being married to Vicki... I asked her about Brooks.. she had no comment LOL

Lol, I love that your mom is enjoying these crazy women. You seem to be loving experience through her eyes, thanks for sharing.

I'm sure as she heads into the later seasons she will agree that the show changes quite abit.

I might have to go over and watch a few old episodes. I'm stuck in bed with a terrible cold and no voice.

• Love 1

Lol, I love that your mom is enjoying these crazy women. You seem to be loving experience through her eyes, thanks for sharing.

I'm sure as she heads into the later seasons she will agree that the show changes quite abit.

I might have to go over and watch a few old episodes. I'm stuck in bed with a terrible cold and no voice.

Oh yeah.. she had watched season 6 back when it was on.. and was so lost because of all the references to history between Gretchen/Tamra plus how toxic the show was that she tuned out.  She actually liked it better in these earlier seasons because they were shown in their own lives and not with each other as much..  Plus, has developed a love/hate relationship with Vicki LOL  She loves the trainwreck potential of Vicki, yet hates when she is mean to some of the other women especially Jeana (her fav housewife).

Regarding the season 9 reunion, I do think Vicki might have actually made mention to the Dubrows by mistake about the flirting with David and her underwear.  This after all is a woman that kept telling her old high school frend's husband in season 4 that her girls wanted to come out and play LOL  Plus, didn't she chase her old boyfriend at her high school reunion once?

• Love 4