Type keyword(s) to search

Vicki Gunvalson: Her Love Tank Runneth Over

Message added by PrincessPurrsALot,

No politics.  That means none.  Zero. Zilch. Nada. 
See the Primetimer Politics Policy

• Start Topic

The area that Vicki grew up in is not far from where I grew up. It is a small town that once had a lot of family farms- nothing like the OC. I think it was a hoot when she wondered what people in Oklahoma ate. Wonder how many people who she went to HS with are now up to her 'standers"? I think that Vicki is a good example of how money can change a person..  

• Love 3
(edited)

I can't stand her but she is my favorite. The woman is comedy freaking gold. From the FAMILY VAAAAN moment to the YOU ARE A PIECE OF TRAAAAASH Whistler mountaintop massacre, I laugh everytime she freaks out.

ETA: I have an idea for the title: Vicki Gunvalson: here's to not being fake... Lol

Edited by SunTheen
  • Like 1
  • Love 4
(edited)

I dislike Vicki a tad more than I dislike Carlton (HoBH), and believe me, I detest Carlton.

Vicki needs to leave the show.  Snoring while someone's talking is no longer funny.  It's rude, and IMO, she does it for attention.  Everything MUST be about her, or she wants to be involved in all the dramas.  When she told one of the newbies this past week that she doesn't yell, I laughed.  Her yelling, particularly at Gretchen, sounds like a screeching banshee. 

VICKI:  Leave your daughter, husband, and their baby alone.  (How smart they were to move to Oklahoma!!) Wait for an invitation to visit.   If Brooks is still in the picture, hold hands with him, and skip into oblivion or into the nearest alcoholic rehab center!!

Edited by Sharon825
  • Love 5

So, is Vicki one of those small town people who say they're from Chicawwwwgo because it's the nearest large city when they really live 100 miles away?    All this sturm and drang about Oklahoma being BF Egypt when she's a hick from the Prairie state herself?  

• Love 2

Wow. Vicki's blog said that Michael and Brianna's half brother was killed in an accident two weeks ago. Apparently, he was only 14. I didn't know her ex husband had other children. Does anyone know how many other siblings Michael and Brianna have?

Wow. Vicki's blog said that Michael and Brianna's half brother was killed in an accident two weeks ago. Apparently, he was only 14. I didn't know her ex husband had other children. Does anyone know how many other siblings Michael and Brianna have?

I wonder if they had a r'ship with him? (I ask because I had a half-brother that I never knew, even though I knew he existed, though he doesn't now, RIP.)

(edited)

I wonder if he had insurance..........

Edited by bosawks
  • Love 8

Vicki's ex Wolfsmith used to have a blog- not sure what happened to it but it wasn't kind to Vicki or the kids.

The kids? Man. Say anything you want about Vicki, but your own kids? That's cold. Leave the Brianna bashing to us professionals.

• Love 9
Vicki needs to leave the show.  Snoring while someone's talking is no longer funny.  It's rude, and IMO, she does it for attention.

Apparently it was/is funny to Vicki.  She thinks it was funny to Donn and her family.  NO ONE else appreciates it.  I haven't determined if it's more stupid or rude.  In any case, Heather tried to tell her it was rude and she won't listen.  The World According to Vicki is over.  Stick a fork in her and let her fly away.

• Love 2

Apparently it was/is funny to Vicki.  She thinks it was funny to Donn and her family.  NO ONE else appreciates it.  I haven't determined if it's more stupid or rude.  In any case, Heather tried to tell her it was rude and she won't listen.  The World According to Vicki is over.  Stick a fork in her and let her fly away.

It certainly shows Vicki's lack of social graces...to say the least.  Some people never learn how to behave in their childhood, so the behavior only continues.  She seems to have little to absolutely no awareness. 

• Love 4

NO ONE else appreciates it.  I haven't determined if it's more stupid or rude.

Ah, but I don't think that this is an either/or question. It's both rude AND stupid.

Candy mint or breath mint? It's both!

• Love 4

Vicki's ex Wolfsmith used to have a blog- not sure what happened to it but it wasn't kind to Vicki or the kids. 

I've been watching RHOC since day one and I remember that blog that Vicki's ex had. Very interesting. But as we know, Vicki portrays herself not realistically, just as she sees herself in her magic mirror.

I do give her credit for building a successful business on her own. But that's all the credit I'll give her. I called her insurance company one day to get quotes on auto insurance (really didn't need it but was hoping I could talk to the Vick so I could make fun of her later!) Got an answering machine, left a message with my name, number and reason for calling. Nobody ever returned my call.

• Love 1

I called her insurance company one day to get quotes on auto insurance (really didn't need it but was hoping I could talk to the Vick so I could make fun of her later!) Got an answering machine, left a message with my name, number and reason for calling. Nobody ever returned my call.

That's because Coto doesn't sell auto insurance.  

• Love 3
(edited)

So Vicki's been very active in social media lately.

https://www.facebook.com/vickigunvalsonhousewife

A couple of times in the past week she has randomly chosen people from her followers and posted on their pages.

I love to snark on Vicki but even I must admit, this new (probably PR-related) strategy of hers is pretty damned entertaining.  I found myself LOL'ing yesterday watching a string of her posts come through my newsfeed and the delighted responses from those whose pictures she commented on and shared.  

I've been watching RHOC since day one and I remember that blog that Vicki's ex had. Very interesting. But as we know, Vicki portrays herself not realistically, just as she sees herself in her magic mirror.

I do give her credit for building a successful business on her own. But that's all the credit I'll give her. I called her insurance company one day to get quotes on auto insurance (really didn't need it but was hoping I could talk to the Vick so I could make fun of her later!) Got an answering machine, left a message with my name, number and reason for calling. Nobody ever returned my call.

Mr. Persnickety called Coto for a health insurance request (we were legitimately looking for a policy).

Vicki personally called us...twice.

Make no mistake, if nothing else, Vicki is a hustler.  

Edited by Persnickety1
  • Love 1

The Vickster has a business called Woo Hoo Productions, which is supposedly a "full service entertainment and management company."  I guess it was Woo Hoo that planted internet stories about Vicki and Florida attorney John Pankouski being an "item."  Nobody bought that story, though.

In addition to managing make-believe clients, Woo Hoo produces promo videos and "shows" like a little gem called "Bad, Bratty, Bradshaw."  Warning:  Watching their promo videos may induce Vicki-style snoring.

http://www.vickigunvalson.com/#!woo-hoo-productions/c1c0i

AuntieDiane6, the Coto Insurance website says they sell auto insurance.

http://www.cotoinsurance.com

• Love 1
(edited)

First time poster. Long time lurker at TV without Pity. Saw Vicki and Brooks last night. They were at Lake Mission Viejo seeing the Pointer Sisters. (Good concert!) They were guests of another couple-since she obviously lives behind the gates in Coto! They sat a few feet in front of us. When they arrived, Vicki positioned her chair so she was sitting directly in front of Brooks. She never turned around, and barely spoke to the other couple. After an hour or so, Brooks finally moved his chair so he was sitting right next to her. I must say, it's the best I've seen her look. Shorter hair looks much better on her. Pretty loud so can't say if she "Woo Hoo'd" or not!

Edited by Sugarbear
  • Love 7

Maybe the timeshare community can have a pageant and she could run for Timeshare Queen.

Or she could just invent an award and pay for it herself like that LeTip award when she missed the step and landed on her ass.

• Love 2

There's been so much discussion about Vicki's body over the years, with many people saying she's too heavy. I gotta say, I just don't see it. She appears to be at a perfectly healthy BMI. She's not a stick figure like Heather, but IMO she's not fat by any means. I've seen her around town a few times, and she looks tall, thin, and well proportioned to me in person.

That said, she often doesn't dress in a way that flatters her figure, but the same can be said for Lizzie, another HW who isn't overweight but doesn't look great in her too-tight clothes. I do agree with posters who have said that Vicki's office wardrobe is much more flattering than her party wardrobe.

(edited)

Maybe the timeshare community can have a pageant and she could run for Timeshare Queen.

wonderful idea, lol!

Edited by tulip555

It looks like Vicki is selling her house. As much as I don't like Vicki, her house has always looked warm and welcoming to me.

I wonder why she is selling?

https://homes.yahoo.com/news/real-housewife-vicki-gunvalson-selling-redecorated-home-183659992.html

She's probably just finally ready to let go of the dream that house was to her. That and maybe finally not be upside down on the mortgage, being divorced, kids living in different cities so no family using that great backyard and finally having an iffy SO that isn't contributing to the expenses. I'd say its financially probably a wise decision that was a long time coming.

• Love 3

Good for Vicki. She could purchase a lovely townhouse.

Hopefully, she's not selling this to buy something even bigger to keep up with the Joneses. Or Leakes. Or DuBrows.

• Love 2
(edited)

Of all the HW homes, I like Vicki's the best. You can tell she put her heart into decorating it. Shannon and Heather's houses look like museums. Vicki should have gotten out years ago when the kids moved out, but my guess is that the market was bad and she would have taken a bath financially, plus she probably couldn't do anything until the divorce from Don was final anyway. That grotto thing in the back yard is a bit weird, but the main house is nice. 

I just wish Vicki would dump Brooks, She is the classic example of a woman who wants to be with a man, as part of a couple so badly that she will accept any man, even a loser to share a bed with.  

Edited by poeticlicensed
  • Love 2

She's probably just finally ready to let go of the dream that house was to her. That and maybe finally not be upside down on the mortgage, being divorced, kids living in different cities so no family using that great backyard and finally having an iffy SO that isn't contributing to the expenses. I'd say its financially probably a wise decision that was a long time coming.

I agree, and I actually applaud Vicki for doing this.

She's now a single woman.  What with the way Michael acts as if he can't stand to share the oxygen she breathes and Briana moving off to Oklahoma, she really doesn't need that large house (which is probably a financial albatross as well).  We've already heard her say on the show she doesn't like rambling about in it alone and even if Brooks da Crooks moved in with her, it would still be way too large for both of them and I doubt he could offer any financial assistance in it at all.

Good for Vicki.  Maybe making apparently sound decisions like this are the reason she seems so much more relaxed this season and actually seems to be enjoying herself.  Maybe she's thinking forward a few years and realizing at some point she'd actually like to at least semi-retire and realized she couldn't do that comfortably and maintain the current home.  

Even though I just love to snark on Vicki and find her over-the-top ridiculous most of the time, I'm always happy to see one of these housewives make what seem to be good personal decisions in their lives.

Of course, now that I've said that, it will probably turn out that Vicki is moving into a much more grandiose abode and she'll lose her financial shirt in 5 years or less.  I'm curious to see how long it takes to sell this place and her future new home.  

• Love 3

Vicki's house looks lovely. Although the furnishings are a little chi-chi for my tastes (I don't like all those little wrought-iron tables), it's a house you could move straight into - the decor is neutral and tasteful.  I thought I wouldn't like the 'grotto', but it's really nice. I bet there's been some fun times in that house. I'm sure Vicki will be sad to leave it, but the cost of the upkeep must be huge and for just one person it's far too large. Brianna is never going to live with her again (unless things go totally pear-shaped with Ryan) and Michael is old enough that he should have his own home by now.

Vicki's house looks lovely. Although the furnishings are a little chi-chi for my tastes (I don't like all those little wrought-iron tables), it's a house you could move straight into - the decor is neutral and tasteful. I thought I wouldn't like the 'grotto', but it's really nice. I bet there's been some fun times in that house. I'm sure Vicki will be sad to leave it, but the cost of the upkeep must be huge and for just one person it's far too large. Brianna is never going to live with her again (unless things go totally pear-shaped with Ryan) and Michael is old enough that he should have his own home by now.

I wouldn't say I ever liked Vicki's taste or her house. It always had the bastardized Tuscan/Olive Garden look that is so absurdly popular in upscale CA planned communities. I will say that it looked like people lived a life there. So many of the other OC homes look like hotels or sound stages. This season is really bad in that way. Lizzie always looks like she's on a Burbank soundstage. Heather's house has a similar "filmed before a studio audience". Tamara and Eddie look like they moved into the display model for a condo complex. Shannon's house looks like a hotel that's about 2 weeks away from opening. All the bedrooms look like they were empty 5 minutes before the filming crew showed up. At least Vicki's house looks like a home. How did Vicki get to be the good one? What are you doing to me, Show?

• Love 4
(edited)

Well, love her or hate her, I gotta had it to the Vickster.

She's off on another PR campaign tonight and plucking random pictures from her FB followers to share and comment on their pictures.

For some reason, this busts my shit up every time she does it.

I gotta hand it to her, it's a whole new Vicki this season.  Well, more or less.  With Vicki, less is always more.  

Edited by Persnickety1
  • Love 1
(edited)

Of all the HW homes, I like Vicki's the best. You can tell she put her heart into decorating it. Shannon and Heather's houses look like museums. Vicki should have gotten out years ago when the kids moved out, but my guess is that the market was bad and she would have taken a bath financially, plus she probably couldn't do anything until the divorce from Don was final anyway. That grotto thing in the back yard is a bit weird, but the main house is nice. 

I just wish Vicki would dump Brooks, She is the classic example of a woman who wants to be with a man, as part of a couple so badly that she will accept any man, even a loser to share a bed with.  

It was on the market for a year, but even with a couple of price reductions there were no takers.  She claimed a lot of people wanted it but nobody could afford it.  Typical Vicki spin.  Plenty of people have more than enough dough to buy one of those Coto houses if they want, but they aren't going to overpay.

07/04/14 Listed for sale $2,899,000

03/04/12 Listing removed $2,395,000

07/12/11 Price change $2,395,000

05/29/11 Price change $2,495,000

03/28/11 Listed for sale $2,695,000

12/10/01 Sold $1,100,000

http://www.zillow.com/homedetails/7-Shire-Coto-De-Caza-CA-92679/25617245_zpid/

Edited by Bella Roche
(edited)

Gorgeous home- not too crazy about her furnishings though. I always loved that beautiful backyard.Remember the good ol days with Donn back there BBQing ?

Thx for posting the zillow link Bella Roche!

Edited by jnymph
  • Love 1

@stewedsquash ~ To maybe answer your questions: Vicki is much more aware this season and is playing the middle of the road as opposed to being part of the dominate mean girl team. She has always reminded me of NYC Ramona in a love hate her housewife character way BUT Vicki is better this year and Ramona is nastier. Vicki doesn't have the whole building for her offices. In fact I'd bet she doesn't have as much as has been shown, just a feeling.

Vicki has this weird family like place in my heart. It's ok for us (TWOP/PTV posters) to give her a hard time, but I get very defensive when the castmembers are mean to her. I can't really explain it. She's just that crazy aunt that you snark on with your siblings and cousins but when you see other people being mean to her you get mad and protective.

• Love 5
(edited)

Ohmagod, I need a Vicki Gunvalson iphone case in my life, like, yesterday.

Right?  I'm thinking I most definitely need the Vicki Gunvalson Official Signature tote bag.  Maybe the matching coffee mug as well.

OMG, I'm still cackling like a chicken ready to lay an egg over this shit she has for sale.

If it all only had her signature "Woo Hoo" tag line, it would be one thing....But her freaking signature is so obnoxious.  It's so typical narcissistic Vicki that I'm just dying here...  

God, I hope this woman never totally changes.  Things like this are just snarking GOLD.  

Edited by Persnickety1
  • Love 2

Could it be that Vicki heard the term "Signature Line" and assumed it literally meant a line of products with a signature on them?

Also, didn't she dump on Gretchen for her "GC" handbag line?  This collection of Chinese-made crap comes mighty close to being the same thing. 

• Love 3

I want the one where she's curtseying daintily in her red eyelet schoolgirl/whore dress. 

Yeah, she did rank on Gretchen.   At least Gretchen kept it modest in comparison.    My thought is that G wanted to make money first and foremost, and that Vicki's first thought was to get her mug and name out there because she's just so wonderful.   Money is secondary to her black hole of an ego.

• Love 2

I want the one where she's curtseying daintily in her red eyelet schoolgirl/whore dress. 

Yeah, she did rank on Gretchen.   At least Gretchen kept it modest in comparison.    My thought is that G wanted to make money first and foremost, and that Vicki's first thought was to get her mug and name out there because she's just so wonderful.   Money is secondary to her black hole of an ego.

Or her name ON a mug, even...  

Pure gold, this woman, pure freaking gold.  I'd love to see the sales stats on that crap she's hawking.  

• Love 1