Type keyword(s) to search

Young Justice - General Discussion

• Start Topic

12 minutes ago, BaggythePanther said:

I liked how the season started with the originals as mentors to a few new kids. But I’m not going to be all that invested if the show becomes all about the younger generation.

Same here.  My favorites are mostly S1 characters, and Bart and Jaime. I do like most of the other characters, but my main interest is still mostly with the originals.

• Love 2

Exactly. Focusing on a tighter, smaller group isn't the only issue here. It has to be characters people WANT to see focused on.

I'm wary that this probably just means another group of new people altogether. From what I can see there's a lot of people who wish we could just see the originals again and don't care about any of the people they've brought in since. I agree with that. That original cast is what made me love the show and those characters.

But, if they're going to skip even more time then those originals will all be how old? I mean, right now they should be still "young," I think early or mid-twenties, but if the show has to be about heroes in their teens then they've already messed it all up, because it can never be about the original group again.

That's a mistake, imo. 

• Love 2
(edited)

Just saw "Elder Wisdom":

It was nice to see Jay Garrick again.  I had a hunch his wife was dying when we saw them at the hospital in a previous episode, but this is the first time her passing is mentioned.

Also seeing Barry again was nice surprise.

Where were Victor and Fred anyway?  I guess we'll find out next episode.

I was right that El Dorado and his dad still had issues, but it seemed to have been resolved a little too quick.  Same with the other parents who were right when they pointed out that with some members of the team having gone public, they put targets on themselves for various enemies. 

Brion and Tara now know about Gabrielle's role in their parents' deaths;  that had to be a tough pill to swallow but what now?  Even though it wasn't "Violet", she is the physical embodiment of the perpetrator and that could be hard to get past for both of them.

I liked that Batman pulled an arranged setup to make Lex look bad, as he was doing the same to the League and the kids.  However that Irish accent was the worst I'd ever heard.  It makes Dick Van Dyke's English accent seem authentic! 

I thought it was awesome to have all three Wonders in this episode, but bummed they all couldn't be in the same room at the same time.  

On 7/24/2019 at 10:52 AM, ruby24 said:

Focusing on a tighter, smaller group isn't the only issue here. It has to be characters people WANT to see focused on.

I'm wary that this probably just means another group of new people altogether. From what I can see there's a lot of people who wish we could just see the originals again and don't care about any of the people they've brought in since. I agree with that. That original cast is what made me love the show and those characters.

ITA.  I thought we had at least 2-3 seasons worth of storylines and development with the original team members and then add new ones slowly.  It would have been nice to have met Donna Troy (Troia) when she first joined (not that I don't like Cassie mind you) and see how her dynamic was with them.  I feel like the writing is a little less focused than in past seasons, and having these new characters in season 3 alone doesn't help.

Edited by magicdog
  • Love 2

I just got through with Quiet Conversations and I found myself really interesting how Garth and Kaldur

Spoiler

suddenly became lovers??!!  WTF????

Seriously, that had no history or buildup whatsoever!  It was nice to see that they resolved the plotline for the metahuman fish girl (who turns out to be an Indian - or Pakistani since she mentioned being a native speaker of Hindi) and we got to meet Kaldur's parents.

I do have an issue with the abuse plotline for Harper as that too seemed to come out of nowhere.  Her kissing Violet seemed to come out of nowhere as well and was never addressed since it happened.  

I thought the moment Violet had with Gabrielle's mother was actually quite tender and kudos to the mother being understanding about her daughter's death and knowing that seeing her daughter's form one last time was indeed a gift.

Nice cameo with Supes as the gang went through the boom tube to get help for Cyborg/Victor.  Funny how he reacted when Connor asked him to be his best man! 

• Love 1
Just now, magicdog said:

I just got through with Quiet Conversations and I found myself really interesting how Garth and Kaldur

Hide contents

suddenly became lovers??!!  WTF????

Seriously, that had no history or buildup whatsoever!  It was nice to see that they resolved the plotline for the metahuman fish girl (who turns out to be an Indian - or Pakistani since she mentioned being a native speaker of Hindi) and we got to meet Kaldur's parents.

I do have an issue with the abuse plotline for Harper as that too seemed to come out of nowhere.  Her kissing Violet seemed to come out of nowhere as well and was never addressed since it happened.  

I thought the moment Violet had with Gabrielle's mother was actually quite tender and kudos to the mother being understanding about her daughter's death and knowing that seeing her daughter's form one last time was indeed a gift.

Nice cameo with Supes as the gang went through the boom tube to get help for Cyborg/Victor.  Funny how he reacted when Connor asked him to be his best man! 

Apparently that's not garth but a character named leede or something like that 

1 minute ago, UNOSEZ said:

Apparently that's not garth but a character named leede or something like that 

It sure looked like Garth.  But even so, it still came out of nowhere!!  We never had any buildup since Kaldur was so desperately in love with Tula, then may have had a romance with Rocket, and possibly other female characters during the time skips, but this is totally out of left field.

Edited by magicdog

I also wonder if that will ever be mentioned or referred to again. I have a feeling that was all we get to see of it.

We haven't even seen any more Dick and Barbara, besides that one scene. 

I remember when they spent the entire first season building up the Superboy/Miss Martian romance, and also Wally/Artemis.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, ruby24 said:

I also wonder if that will ever be mentioned or referred to again. I have a feeling that was all we get to see of it.

It's not my imagination that writing seems to have taken a downturn overall this season.  It's very unfocused and seems to prefer to throw various situations at us (Harper kissed Violet!  Kaldur kissed a guy!!  Harper's being beaten by her DAD!!) rather than tell a proper story or develop the characters they have. 

• Love 1
24 minutes ago, magicdog said:

It's not my imagination that writing seems to have taken a downturn overall this season.  It's very unfocused and seems to prefer to throw various situations at us (Harper kissed Violet!  Kaldur kissed a guy!!  Harper's being beaten by her DAD!!) rather than tell a proper story or develop the characters they have. 

To me its a bit like slice of life..  Especially this last episode its just Viut what's going on in these heroes life... I do hope they expound on kaldur now being with a dude.. Nothing major just explain he's bi and keep it moving.. He's always been pretty private so it lends to us being surprised.... In the comics this Aqualad is just 100% gay.. But he's Jackson Hyde so it seems they kinda meshed the Jackson Hyde Aqualad and the kaldur aquaman... 

• Love 2

How many episodes are left? This felt like the penultimate one to me for some reason. I guess that unless we get a hint that he's somewhere else in the final episode, Wally is just plain dead this season. Perhaps this series will end with a hint that Wally isn't actually dead and then next season will focus on the original Team and maybe a few others like Bart and Jaime, maybe Barbara due to her relationship with Dick, searching for him. Granny and Gretchen as two separate women who are both the same person and not the same person, could be an introduction to an alternate universe.

I like the current line-up just fine, probably because I only watched Young Justice S1 and 2 at the end of last year, so haven't been waiting years for my favourite characters to return only to end up with stories focussed on Violet and the Markovs. But I do feel that once this storyline is over Brion will need to return to Markovia. Tara will either be dead, mostly offscreen as a villain or with Brion. Violet will either be dead, somewhere off earth or with Brion. Apart from brief appearances their stories will be done and the show really should focus on the established characters rather than introducing more.

Edited by AllyB
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, AllyB said:

How many episodes are left? This felt like the penultimate one to me for some reason. I guess that unless we get a hint that he's somewhere else in the final episode, Wally is just plain dead this season. Perhaps this series will end with a hint that Wally isn't actually dead and then next season will focus on the original Team and maybe a few others like Bart and Jaime, maybe Barbara due to her relationship with Dick, searching for him. Granny and Gretchen as two separate women who are both the same person and not the same person, could be an introduction to an alternate universe.

I would LOVE this. I hope it's the case, I really do.

Not to be a Debbie Downer, but each season the writers have added new characters. I don’t see them suddenly going back to stories just featuring the season one characters. I just hope they don’t add anymore next season. And there are other fans who do like the new additions.

Unpopular opinion here, but I like the new season three characters and I liked how the first part of season three was set up, where the original characters were mentoring the new characters.  The storylines were split between both groups. This second half of the season the original characters have almost disappeared because the new characters are being featured more.

One of the characters said that the originals were too old to be part of a Young Justice League. I feel like they’re too young to be part of the actual Justice League. Is there any way the originals could get their own spinoff?

• Love 2
On 8/21/2019 at 10:20 AM, wingster55 said:

Seeing the originals (with a Wally fever dream) all together for the first time since....season 1 I think was amazing.

I, for one LOVED it!  It felt like season one all over again in every way!  I miss that season and incarnation of the team.  I still think TPTB could have done 2-3 seasons with them before moving into the current format.  

Sadly, I find season 3 overall to be rather convoluted and not as engaging as the first 2.  I think they're adding too many characters before we better develop what we have.

I also like the idea of an alternate universe - maybe we'll get a grand finale featuring several versions of the team and JL members fighting to save the, well, universe!

On 8/22/2019 at 3:07 PM, BaggythePanther said:

One of the characters said that the originals were too old to be part of a Young Justice League. I feel like they’re too young to be part of the actual Justice League. Is there any way the originals could get their own spinoff?

If they wanted, they could focus on the Outsiders exclusively but I personally would prefer to see more of the original team.

5 minutes ago, magicdog said:

I, for one LOVED it!  It felt like season one all over again in every way!  I miss that season and incarnation of the team.  I still think TPTB could have done 2-3 seasons with them before moving into the current format.  

I never understood why the writers didn’t do this. I find it really strange that the show moves in real time. It’s an animated show, there’s no reason to keep aging the characters. 

On 8/2/2019 at 4:33 PM, magicdog said:

It feels like they’re trying to give all the characters a plot line but because there’s so many characters, they but don’t have time for the follow through.

• Love 1
58 minutes ago, BaggythePanther said:

It’s an animated show, there’s no reason to keep aging the characters. 

Agreed!  They could have aged the characters later on when new storylines were needed and to show the original team members graduating to bigger and better things (or as was the case with Wally & Artemis, retiring from the biz). 

• Love 1

We never even got to see Wally and Artemis's relationship that apparently lasted five years.

I don't understand why they felt the need to jump so far in time after that first season. And even so, the original guys were still young, so they could have stuck with the same group that the audience had become attached to.

If you dump all of your characters like that it can't help but feel like a different show. There was plenty more storylines with the same core group they could have done, while bringing in some new people who had a connection to one of the group, like Barbara or the other Flashes. 

It's really hard to care about all these other new people.

• Love 3

Okay, they're officially dragging out this Wally thing too long. That could have been a really nice sendoff for him IF he was really dead, but then they have to tease it out again by telling us it wasn't him at all, it was all in Artemis's mind.

If they're going to bring him back, it's way past time to do it.

• Love 3

Well.  Was it just me or was that kind of a letdown of a finale?  😕  It wasn’t terrible, but....I guess I just feel like this whole second half of the season has been a disappointment, in several ways.  

What was the ring they did a close-up on at the end? ETA: Never mind, found out it’s Legion of Superheroes.  

10 hours ago, ruby24 said:

That could have been a really nice sendoff for him IF he was really dead, but then they have to tease it out again by telling us it wasn't him at all, it was all in Artemis's mind.

Yeah, I reaaallly didn’t like that.  If they wanted to have her say goodbye and move on, great, have her do it.  But finding it was a trick felt cheap.  I guess it was supposed to be in keeping with the theme of the season, but still.

I will say, however, that I’m relieved that Artemis and Will decided they were better as friends, and that dating was too weird.  

Edited by Starfish35
  • Love 4

The only "newbies" I cared about this season were halo and cyborg... I'm interested in how The "grandchildren" will develop.. But the whole markovia family stuff just never resonated with me... If those two just wanna quit the outsiders and join up with the team.. I'd be down to watch that... Beastboy blue beetle.. Kid flash they were meh in season 2 and still meh

• Love 1

The ‘heroes don’t kill’ trope is one of my biggest pet peeves. The uncle made it clear he would spend the rest of his life trying to kill the Markovs. I think Brion was justified in his decision to end it now.

I thought Brion’s heel turn was pretty quick but at least they explained that he wasn’t totally himself. I generally like Brion and Brion/Violet but their angst is getting exhausting.

I laughed a little too hard at Lex Luthor quoting Donald Trump.

20 hours ago, Starfish35 said:

Well.  Was it just me or was that kind of a letdown of a finale?  😕  It wasn’t terrible, but....I guess I just feel like this whole second half of the season has been a disappointment, in several ways.  

Looking back on the second half of the season it feels like we wasted a lot of time to get to this point. I was expecting more to happen in the finale. But it turns out the show spent a lot of time on a bunch of characters who didn’t end up being relevant. At this point I don’t mind a Young Justice B-team. I just hate that the B-team seems to have 30 people and is constantly adding new members. Just pick 5 new characters and stick with them.

ETA: The character with the Legion ring is Supergirl right? I only say this because I saw a flash of blonde hair and Supergirl is the only female Legionnaire I know.

Edited by BaggythePanther
Added an additional thought
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, BaggythePanther said:

The ‘heroes don’t kill’ trope is one of my biggest pet peeves. The uncle made it clear he would spend the rest of his life trying to kill the Markovs. I think Brion was justified in his decision to end it now.

I totally agree.  That really irritated me.  I was on Brion’s side, at least until he went all “I’m the king now”, and I guess that was the ambassador influencing him.

Here’s another (what I presume is going to be an) unpopular opinion.  Jefferson Pierce’s self-righteousness really started getting in my nerves by the end of the season, and I wasn’t all that thrilled that he was made leader of the Justice League.  Yes, Team Bat took their plans too far; I agreed with that.  But I’m not on board with the whole “we must never have any secrets from each other” “all secrets are bad” message the season seemed to be pushing.  I’m not sure what they were going for there, but I think that’s probably a good part of the reason I wasn’t all that thrilled with the finale.  I didn’t really feel like I agreed with what they were saying.  

1 hour ago, BaggythePanther said:

The character with the Legion ring is Supergirl right? I only say this because I saw a flash of blonde hair and Supergirl is the only female Legionnaire I know.

I think Saturn Girl is also typically blonde in the comics?

• Love 2
On 8/28/2019 at 7:13 PM, BaggythePanther said:

Mine as well!  When you have a vicious psycho who would kill you, your loved ones and countless innocent people, better to put down the rabid dog.  

I thought Brion’s heel turn was pretty quick but at least they explained that he wasn’t totally himself

Ditto, but I give the writers props for not making this turn out exactly like any previous adaptation of The Judas Contract storyline.  I was hoping Bats, et al were aware of Tara's manipulation although I figured they would have known about her texts via Cyborg's ability.  

On 8/28/2019 at 9:10 PM, Starfish35 said:

Here’s another (what I presume is going to be an) unpopular opinion.  Jefferson Pierce’s self-righteousness really started getting in my nerves by the end of the season, and I wasn’t all that thrilled that he was made leader of the Justice League.  Yes, Team Bat took their plans too far; I agreed with that.  But I’m not on board with the whole “we must never have any secrets from each other” “all secrets are bad” message the season seemed to be pushing.  I’m not sure what they were going for there, but I think that’s probably a good part of the reason I wasn’t all that thrilled with the finale.  I didn’t really feel like I agreed with what they were saying.  

Not unpopular - certainly not with me!  Secrets are necessary in many facets of life - superheros need protected identities (especially if you're living in a world in which information travels faster than at any other time in history!), people need private space with secret thoughts and desires and potentially dangerous intel needs to be protected.  I am NOT happy with Jefferson, his being shoved as new leader of The League and I definitely don't like this stance of openness.  I also can't buy Batman (a man all about secrets) going along with this;  it's totally out of character.

Looking back on the second half of the season it feels like we wasted a lot of time to get to this point

Ditto!!  I knew at some point Tara would be discovered (and how it would be handled), but everything else was jammed in like a messed up recipe with too many ingredients.

I was really pissed at the Wally closure bit!  I wasn't sure what to be more annoyed with - that Wally was being confirmed as dead (until Zatanna confirmed he wasn't), or that we STILL didn't get any clue as to where he really is.  NOW, we get the addition of a Legionnaire in the mix!!  We still don't even know what positive changes (if any) happened in Bart Allen's alternate future.  All we saw was that the devastation still remained despite the changes for the radioactive meta he was with in Season 2.  Maybe someone thinks the Legionnaire (me thinks it's Saturn Girl) is supposed to help answer that, but that was Bart's original storyline.

I'm sorry but Season 3 was just sloppy.  I hadn't even heard if there will be a season 4 to answer these questions brought up by the events of this season. 

• Love 3

Season 4 is happening. It's already been confirmed, though I'm guessing it will probably be more than a year before we see it.

It's sort of hard for me to believe the people behind the show don't realize that the original main characters are who fans want to see the most of. The last few episodes did even put some more focus on them, so I think they must know this.

Hopefully they'll turn back in that direction next season? I know we'll get some more new people with the Legion coming (and hopefully Supergirl? seems like she's overdue for an appearance) but the first half of this season was better to me, because it centered Nightwing as the leader and we still saw a lot of Superboy and Artemis at least. Miss Martian and Kaldur came back to a little more prominence in this last part, but for a while there all that focus on the Outsiders was really boring imo. I just wasn't invested in any of those characters, really.

• Love 1
Just now, ruby24 said:

It's sort of hard for me to believe the people behind the show don't realize that the original main characters are who fans want to see the most of. The last few episodes did even put some more focus on them, so I think they must know this.

I'm curious if that is due to interference from the suits at Netflix.  None of this season was up to Wiseman's and Vietti's previous standards.  Or perhaps they're distracted by other projects?

On 8/30/2019 at 2:12 PM, ruby24 said:

Some fans want to see the original main characters. I'm not that wedded to them even though I truly love many of those characters. For one, I HATE Miss Martian. I understand what they were doing with her character and her arc over seasons 1 and 2, but I never found enough compelling about her to get invested in watching that arc. She was such an immature, manipulative, superficial, and self-absorbed character for most of the series that I'm left with an "...and?" when it comes to her.

Ourside of Miss Martian, I loved every other main.

My biggest bit of curiosity regarding Dick is that he was pretty sure he never wanted become "Batman" in season 1. But by season 2, he's pretty much "Batman." The process of that evolution is the least clear to me. I don't have a great need to watch the other stories in between season 1 and 2 because it's really easy to fill in on your own. I don't need to see Kaldur snd Rocket date because that looked like some really tokenist shit. For the most part, I'm happy the show sticks with the big things.

I liked most of the Outsiders arcs. Most people thought that Brion and Violet were a poor analogue to Superboy and Miss Martian. Brion's anger would make you think he's supposed to the Superboy analogue. He's not. He's Miss Martian's analogue. Both know the regular human world, but don't really understand it in a material way. They're both unbelievably self-absorbed and more than willing to hurt others or put people in danger to accomplish their goals. Violet is the Superboy analogue. They are powerful naifs who have to learn to be people, struggle with relationships, and struggle with the limitations of their abilities.

Additionally, I suspect that Brion and Violet were always designed to fail much like Miss Martian and Lagoon Boy. He was designed to be her rebound and it was going to end in failure. I think Brion and Violet might have been intended to be a failure from the beginning too. The things both do with their new powers is a tip off. Brion tries to murder people and Violet tries to protect people. His desire to protect some lives, but not others almost always ends up nearly killing someone else. I think that was the tip off to viewers.

I thought there was slightly too much focus on Beast Boy's pre-Outsiders dithering. I kind of wish we'd spent more time with The Team, but overall I'm pretty satisfied. I truly don't need to see more of Nightwing, Miss Martian, Superboy, Aquaman, and Tigress. I'm good.

• Love 1

I take out DVDs from the library all of the time, but I never get around to watching. At this point, I’d like to thank Warner Bros for collecting Season 3. I’m four episodes in, and I don’t have to return the set for at least two weeks.

There was a Jim Harper? The Bowhunter stuff was pretty funny, though. I’m also liking Halo, and I’m surprised we haven’t gotten her on Black Lightning yet, given her canon Outsiders connection. Maybe YJ got Halo and Brion, while Black Lightning got Looker? 🤷‍♂️

Finally got to finish "Outsiders." It's nice that we get a plus-sized animated universe, but it's more or less overshadowed by other properties. And I didn't think there could be a fourth season until I stumbled into the link @AnimeMania provided. The good news: since I have HBO at home, I currently get HBO Max, and that's where "Phantoms" would probably land. If it gets made, of course.

Am I a dumbass for thinking Baron Bedlam isn't dead? Or that he can't be conventionally killed, and Brion was putting on a show for his people? Yeah, that is naive, especially since it didn't look like he looped in Tara, Gregor and/or Violet. And I don't think any of them are good enough actors to express outrage at a faked murder. All Tara did in this incarnation was feed information to Deathstroke.

I'm not sure if a fourth season warrants so many episodes. It gets hard to remember stuff, and I forgot a lot about the first two seasons. As much as I'd want a spotlight episode on, say, Arrowette (one of the first members of Young Justice in the comic book), I know she hasn't gotten enough "camera time" to warrant it. The possibilities are numerous. After S2, I figured Wally would "land" in Bart's original time, the two speedsters essentially switching places. But it looked like Wally was really, truly, undeniably dead. Cue Zatanna: "Yeah, me and Megan put a whammy on Artemis. I don't have the juice to raise the dead, and she really needed closure." Even though Artemis and Whashisname (I can't keep up with the Roys) decided not to progress, Wally coming back would rock her world.

Anyone else think Beast Boy's Doom Patrol arc on Teen Titans Go! was inspired by Doom Patrol Go!?

On 8/28/2019 at 10:13 PM, BaggythePanther said:

I laughed a little too hard at Lex Luthor quoting Donald Trump.

Is "crash" a good thing or a bad thing on this show? If it is, then I'd use the word "cringe." Putting aside how Lex could be Secretary General of the United Nations (maybe they have more pull in that world?), I would think he'd be a lot smarter. Or at least that the writers wouldn't make him say "fake news" and "both sides." Damn near every incarnation of Lex has been a Magnificent Bastard. Having him crib lines from real life is just . . . no.

I liked how Violet and Forager were translated into this show. Aside from a brief appearance in Batman: The Brave and the Bold, I don't think we've gotten a Halo. Her story and origins mirrored the comics canon to a degree, but it was unique on its own. Forager's inability to use pronouns did grate, but the guy was adorable. I went to a small comic/geek show yesterday, and I printed out references of those two characters. I met an artist (this is his IG page), and here's what I got in my sketchbook:

Halo-YJO.jpg.47fa8394a5ad0cffdfd79c170743d1bf.jpg

Anyone else hoping Desaad got to torture Godfrey? I blame Tim Curry . . . with his voice, this mouthpiece of Apokolips brings too much smarm to the party. And watching hm and Lex go at it, I kept awaiting for an inevitable sex scene.

ETA: Watching Jefferson lose his shit at having Batman work him AND getting seduced by Dr. Jace was painful. It's like seeing Black Lightning getting shit dropped on him on the CW, only different. And animated. Does that make sense?

Edited by Lantern7
  • Love 1

I've been following this guy named Ace Van on YouTube. He does a lot of fun stuff. Best example: redubbing episodes of Young Justice and centering the plot on the Pandemic. He just started collecting them on one playlist. Funny. As. All. Hell. Warning: a certain six-letter word (sometimes five) gets thrown around a lot. I just don't want anyone too shocked by that. You can wait for him to add onto the list, or you can seek out more episodes . . . like this one where Wonder Girl (voiced by Leslie Jones) and El Dorado "cancel" Superboy. Fun shit.

• LOL 2

I've been watching this since it was added to HBOMax, and while I never cared much about the teenage angst (especially the romantic relationships), I found some of the darker themes interesting.  I wish we could have seen more of the psychological fallout from the meta-human trafficking.  

I also thought the League going covert vs The Light was very smart and strategic.  After all, it was how they were able to simultaneously take down multiple operations.  I found the "save our ideals vs save people" argument dumb and pedantic.  It'll be interesting to see how season 4 handles Jefferson Pierce leading the team because I found him annoyingly self-righteous (Diana too but she's barely around).  The only real problem I had with the divide and covert tactics from season 3 was keeping other team members in the dark.  I would think Dick and Kalder, more than anyone, would understand why that doesn't work.        

• Love 2

Thanks to HBOMax, I watched season three over the weekend, and boy am I glad that I didn't waste money on getting DC Access when it was released two years ago.

A whole bunch of rinse/lather/repeat with Connor and M'ghan's trust issues, but hey, happily ever after in the end, eh? Until something else comes up. One of the things that aggravates me is the "mental" talking these two do when it's just them in the room together. I guess it's cheaper to not make the 'toons move their mouths and speak?

But as other have stated up thread, this was one big giant mess; there was no cohesiveness to this, and then the out of blue/makes no sense kisses between Harper and Halo and then the WTFuckery with Kaldur and Wyndde? Was it just to check off the boxes?

And I really, really, really could have done without the real life shit that went on being shoved into this series, especially with the "nice people on both sides" and "fake news" bits.

Wally IS NOT DEAD! Do you hear me? NOT.DEAD. Like Zatanna said, whatever that dream thing was, Artemis created what she wanted. Zatanna didn't do anything.

And whoa---was that Jason Todd in the league of shadows/assassins? Who, hesitantly said "Jaaa-son?" 

Just give me more of R'as because the yummilicious Oded Fehr is portraying him, thankyouverymuch.

I don't give any bluedilly fracks about the newbies, but damned if Brion didn't grow on me. So of course Show had to turn him "evil" because plot?

This season certainly drove home the fact this is not a show for kids, what with all the murders, deaths and BLOOD! Even back in season two, when they faked Artemis' death, I don't recall blood pooling around and over her. Seeing Victor crushed and all that blood was a bit too much for me.

But Jefferson/Black Lightning can just STFU with his self-righteousness already.

So of course I went back to watching the first season--even with Supes acting like a dickish asshole. Because Dick/Robin and Wally/Kid Flash's friendship is EVERYTHING!

• Love 1
On 2/8/2021 at 9:02 AM, GHScorpiosRule said:

there was no cohesiveness to this, and then the out of blue/makes no sense kisses between Harper and Halo and then the WTFuckery with Kaldur and Wyndde? Was it just to check off the boxes?

That was my thought.  What I don't know is if that came from Wiseman/Vietti or if they were ordered to throw that stuff in by some exec upstairs.

And whoa---was that Jason Todd in the league of shadows/assassins? Who, hesitantly said "Jaaa-son?" 

Apparently so.  I preferred he remained dead, but they chose to bring him back in this universe too.  

I don't give any bluedilly fracks about the newbies, but damned if Brion didn't grow on me. So of course Show had to turn him "evil" because plot?

I'll give them credit for doing what I didn't expect!  Although Brion was under someone's influence, and not "evil" technically. 

Jefferson/Black Lightning can just STFU with his self-righteousness already.

Ditto.    

• Love 1
On 2/8/2021 at 10:02 AM, GHScorpiosRule said:

I think he said “Grayson?”, not “Jason”.  He recognized the name when Ra’s said it.  

• Useful 1
1 hour ago, Starfish35 said:

I think he said “Grayson?”, not “Jason”.  He recognized the name when Ra’s said it.  

Thanks! It seems HBOMax doesn’t enable closed captioning! Even though it’s in the settings and it used to work! I’ve uninstalled and reinstalled the sucker; restarted my stick and updated the app, still not working!🤬🤬🤬

I won’t lie-I’ll forgive these writers a LOT because of the romance between Babs and Dick.

And WALLY IS NOT DEAD!!!!

• LOL 1

This has me hyped. Can't see how much more of YJ that Ace can milk.

On 2/8/2021 at 12:02 PM, GHScorpiosRule said:

But Jefferson/Black Lightning can just STFU with his self-righteousness already.

I'm thinking that a big part of writing Black Lightning is for Jefferson to take chair shot after chair shot upside his soul. Friggin' brutal to watch.

On 3/7/2021 at 4:17 PM, GHScorpiosRule said:

And WALLY IS NOT DEAD!!!!

My headcanon says he's in the future. I mean, I like Bart a lot, but he'll always be Impulse to me.

Just realized I didn't share this sketch I got shortly after I got Halo. This is Forager, by Christian Espiritusanto.

Forager.JPG.ec9fba01b9e1862009b52357c741c536.JPG

What can I say? The bug grew on me.

Young Justice Season 4 Has 9 Episodes Finished & More In The Works

Status Update: Mar 25, 2021

Greg Weisman, who developed Young Justice alongside Brandon Vietti, provided the update on Phantoms. When asked for news about the upcoming season, Weisman revealed nine episodes are already complete, while several others are in various stages of production.

9 episodes in the can. Five more in post. Twelve being animated overseas. Pre-production is virtually done.

• Love 1
(edited)
On 3/26/2021 at 3:04 PM, AnimeMania said:

9 episodes in the can. Five more in post. Twelve being animated overseas. Pre-production is virtually done.

I hope they are more focused!  Season 3 overall was scattershot IMO. 

I also hope they tone down the wokeness that seemed to have been turned up to 11 in Season 3.  

@Lantern7:  The YT video you posted is set to private.  What was it?

Edited by magicdog

Season 4 is 26 episodes long, eighteen episodes in the can, six are in post-production and the last two are still being animated.

The voice actors of Young Justice read an original Young Justice script entitled (Season 3.9, Episode 1 "The Prize" written Greg Weisman) at the DC FanDome panel in 2020 if you haven't already seen it.

Edited by AnimeMania
  • Useful 1

Watched the first two. Agree on the denseness, and I also forgot that the show likes to play out a whole story arc, meaning we can't see anyone else on the show before we go through this whole Marzz storyline. I would prefer some back and forth.

• Love 2

Are we gonna get away from Mars M’arzz anytime soon? I mean, we’ve gotten insight into Martian culture, we found out why Gar has been out of sorts, and we got the Legionnaires sneaking around. But I want to go back to Earth soon, even if it means seeing Superman’s kid get poop on the ceiling. That was a funny bit to run during credits. Clark really sounded shook.

• Love 1