Type keyword(s) to search

Post-Election Fears & Anxieties

1 hour ago, Duke Silver said:

For those who don't know, McMullin is the 3rd Party candidate who was on the ballot in Utah.  There was some pre-election day buzz that he might win that state, but that ended up being far from the truth.  

I hope McMullin stays in the public eye, because it would be great to see conservatives as well as moderates and liberals continue to hold DT's feet to the fire.

• Love 14
13 minutes ago, dougfir said:

I hope McMullin stays in the public eye, because it would be great to see conservatives as well as moderates and liberals continue to hold DT's feet to the fire.

I'd have good money in him challenging Hatch  for his senate set in 2018.

• Love 2

It seemed better today between the Biden memes and the news that Pence is going to court in Indiana next week to keep some emails sent to him by a political ally.  There's speculation that more could come out that Pence doesn't want coming out, including both personal and policy matters.  Given his strong homophobia, it would rather rich if compromising emails had any gay content.  Some speculation is that some could be emails to former mistresses about procuring abortions.  Either way, the content just reeks of hypocrisy.  

I can't believe that both Comrade Orange and Pencey-Poo both have court dates planned before the end of the month.  I informed my father that there was some good news today and he started laughing.  He sobered up when he realized that his least favorite Congressman Paul Ryan is 3rd in line for the Presidency.  We both couldn't believe how absurd and surreal this all is.  It's hard not to rub it in to family members that insisted that the FBI investigation into Hillary's private server had some serious purpose.  I'm waiting until the court hopefully rules that he has to release the emails in question and start an investigation into his IN.gov email address and browsing history. 

• Love 14

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2016/08/22/steve-bannon-trump-s-top-guy-told-me-he-was-a-leninist.html

Then we had a long talk about his approach to politics. He never called himself a “populist” or an “American nationalist,” as so many think of him today. “I’m a Leninist,” Bannon proudly proclaimed.

Shocked, I asked him what he meant.

“Lenin,” he answered, “wanted to destroy the state, and that’s my goal too. I want to bring everything crashing down, and destroy all of today’s establishment.” Bannon was employing Lenin’s strategy for Tea Party populist goals. He included in that group the Republican and Democratic Parties, as well as the traditional conservative press.

Kill me.

• Love 13

6 days post-apocalypse random thoughts:

Twice in 20 years we have a president selected by the Electoral College that lost the popular vote. Both Republicans. Beginning of a trend?

Am really mad at the DNC. You were all in for HRC before the process started, blocking all other options. Dictatorial much? Lost a lot of people. Didn't you get it 8 years ago that people were just sick of Bush's and Clinton's? Especially when you saw what happened to Jeb????

Please tell me there are laws against a President with grown children running his mega empire getting top level security clearances. And what happened to daughter by Marla? Can't even remember her name ... Tiffany, Gucci, whatever.

Did no one want to vote for the winner so they could say "not my fault" these next 4 years and since media/polls called it in advance for HRC, they voted Trump. Is that how he won????? No, that's too weird ....

Thanks for allowing me to vent. Back to my merlot ?

• Love 5

I swear, with the appointment of Bannon, I'm sincerely baffled as to what the actual end game is in all of this.  First, we have a president-elect who is openly surprised by the scope of the job, has done everything but outright say he'll be resigning in six months, has bizarrely talked about splitting time between NYC and DC as if he's in some kind of salary and compensation negotiation.  

Then if the outright weird of it all hadn't captured the entire world's attention he names an infamous hate-monger, who is unhinged beyond the telling of it to his advisory board, as if daring people who were just starting to calm down to fling flaming shit bombs in response.  That's actually after naming cabinet members as if he was cataloging the dementor's closet in hell and ticking the fuckers off, one at a time.  

So ....this is not good.  This is intentionally inflammatory shit.  The "oh no you don't, don't you dare start to wind down the outrage....take this next thing, guaranteed to make even the most staid among us freak the ever living fuck out!"   

I'm absolutely not liking this trend. 

Edited by stillshimpy
  • Love 23

Keep the discussion going.  Keep hammering your Congressional representatives, national & local media/press.  We can't sit back & let the machine normalize the Trump clown car.  We just can't.  Write letters to the editor of your state's most influential, most widely distributed newspapers.  Do more than just tweet statements that will only draw "#butthurt" responses from the trash humans who are relishing the advancement of a hateful agenda.  I have never felt this moved to action before in my life.

Edited by Duke Silver
  • Love 11
50 minutes ago, Duke Silver said:

:prayingThatSomeoneHacksPenceEmails:  We know the damn Russians won't be of any help.  Anyone here have any friends/family with the needed computer skills?

Where is Anonymous when you need them?

• Love 13

Was talking to an older relative earlier, who is extremely upset about the Election and now the appointment of Bannon (plus the other motley crew).  They were trying to put blame on others, when I think the HRC campaign strategy was weak in some points.  After they saw that nothing stuck with Trump, she needed to come out harder on what she would do, rather than focus on the Orange.  Anyhow, the relative, who was not a Bernie fan, said well he didn't campaign hard enough for her.  Uh, no.  Lots of things were not in her favor, but I think her strategists made some bad choices.

Anyhow, then the relative was saying how they thought something was rotten about the election.  That's what they were trying to say, but used an old, old racial slur to describe it.  I said you shouldn't say that, it's bad.  Well, I just said it to you, and I said I didn't want to say it.  I said I don't care how old the saying is, it's wrong.  Dead silence.  I swore I wasn't going to put up with any shit from anyone, so yeah, now I've pissed off an older relative.  Ironically, they were saying how can you have a white supremacist in the White House.   Well, you can't oppose Bannon and then speak ill (even if you're uninformed) and then get all butt-hurt about it.  "We said it long ago."So, it needs to stop now.  Especially now.  Only thing I got then was a hang up and hurt feelings, but I feel it's bigger than hurt feelings now.   Guess it shows that this will probably not be easy.   

I still say those that protest too much, like Pence, have something to hide.  Oh, I want to see those emails  

• Love 10
36 minutes ago, stillshimpy said:

I swear, with the appointment of Bannon, I'm sincerely baffled as to what the actual end game is in all of this.  First, we have a president-elect who is openly surprised by the scope of the job, has done everything but outright say he'll be resigning in six months, has bizarrely talked about splitting time between NYC and DC as if he's in some kind of salary and compensation negotiation.  

Then if the outright weird of it all hadn't captured the entire world's attention he names an infamous hate-monger, who is unhinged beyond the telling of it to his advisory board, as if daring people who were just starting to calm down to fling flaming shit bombs in response.  That's actually after naming cabinet members as if he was cataloging the dementor's closet in hell and ticking the fuckers off, one at a time.  

So ....this is not good.  This is intentionally inflammatory shit.  The "oh no you don't, don't you dare start to wind down the outrage....take this next thing, guaranteed to make even the most staid among us freak the ever living fuck out!"   

I told my husband earlier tonight that this is like the Reichstag on the Potomac. I'm not only horrified, I'm terrified.

• Love 10

Every day, I keep hoping we can go one day without some sort of horrible news, and every day, it doesn't happen.

Rudy for State. I don't even know what to say. Didn't see that one coming before today. Figured AG, even though he thinks laws don't apply to the president.

I went looking to see what all of my elected representatives have said about Bannon, and came across this Breitbart gem in the search results. (I refuse to give them the clicks.) I can't believe people are going to believe this crap. Friend of the Jewish people. Such BS.

Screen shot 2016-11-14 at 11.32.12 PM.png

• Love 1

At least Rudy wouldn't get involved in a sex scandal. Thanks to 9/11, he cannot get sprung unless a large building implodes. When an erection of at least fifty stories goes down, only then does his pop up.

ETA: I don't even think Adele can help for Thanksgiving. And she solves everything.

• Love 2

Rudy for State. I don't even know what to say. Didn't see that one coming before today. Figured AG, even though he thinks laws don't apply to the president.

LOL, he's so pathetic, this is about having the same title that Hillary Clinton has.  He could never get the NYS senate seat, he acts like she stole it from him, but his ass dropped out.  But now he can be SOS like Hillary.  He is obsessed with that women, well all her enemies on the other side are, but Rudy is "special."

Edited by Keepitmoving
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, hoosier80 said:

I said I don't care how old the saying is, it's wrong.  Dead silence.  I swore I wasn't going to put up with any shit from anyone, so yeah, now I've pissed off an older relative. 

Yeah, I'm done with diplomacy too. I used to think "well they're ancient and from a different time and upsetting them might kill them," blah blah blah. But I neglected to take into account that those bastards could still haul their arthritic asses into a voting booth.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, hoosier80 said:

I still say those that protest too much, like Pence, have something to hide.  Oh, I want to see those emails  

Ok -  which rumor do you like:

Pence is a Russian spy?  (nah, too boring)

How about -

Pence has been sexting with Anthony Weiner?

Pence's emails detail a long-standing affair he has had with a woman, including 3 abortions he has arranged and paid for?

Pence's  involvement in a dating site for men who only date transgender women?

Pence is a secret brony and attends comic-cons in full costume? 

FYI - there is a rumor started online which cracked me up :  Does Mike Pence eat sticks of deodorant?

• Love 12
5 hours ago, random chance said:

Anyway. Someone upthread said they felt like they had fallen into an alternate timeline - that is a great description for how I feel. Like I was watching some time travel sci-fi show and suddenly I realized I was actually the character, not the viewer. (Someone on Twitter: "I'm convinced that this is the result of the Krenim trying to fix the timeline.")

I expect that in the future, a lot of sci-fi novels and TV shows will center around this election.

We are truly in the darkest timeline. I've always loved alternate reality fiction, and this election has made me realize that I enjoyed it because most of the time, the alternate reality centered around events much worse than what happened in our reality or in that fictional universe's reality. I've usually viewed it as a device to show how good our current reality (or the fictional reality like in Buffy's The Wish, for example) actually is. Not anymore. There could be fictional works that come out in a few years time envisioning what the world would be like if Hillary Clinton had won, and for the first time ever, I think I'd rather be in the alternate reality instead of this one. 

• Love 14

The Daily Beast story in the link given by Duke Silver above reminded me that Bannon OFTEN uses the excuse that he "doesn't remember" saying this or that, or doing that or this, or lashing out at him or her.  On its face, that excuse seems phony, ridiculous and self-serving, right?

But look at the photo of Bannon accompanying the Daily Beast piece.  The man is a heavy drinker.  He's bloated, bloodshot, rheumy-eyed, overweight and, often in other pictures, sloppy and dressed like a homeless person. His skin is often mottled, with sores and scabs.    So maybe it's TRUE that he seldom remembers what he says or does?  Maybe he's often one shot away from Bannon Blackout Bonanza?

Makes his appointment as Chief Strategist for the WH all that more comforting, doesn't it?  Blech!

• Love 5

Hey everyone I would stop wearing a safety pin because it's already been co-opted by the right wing nut jobs. I'm still trying to comprehend the hell that we'll be in starting next year. He clearly has no clue what he's doing. Also, I'll never understand the haters who want to see their country/world slide into ruin. Like what sickness do they have in their head to want this to come to fruition.

People keep mentioning the Ruth Bader Ginsburg and the Supreme Court. A reminder that the liberal justice Stephen Breyer is over 80 years old and so is the centrist Anthony Kennedy (pro-LGBT rulings) so we're fucked if any one of them die.

• Love 9

Sadly I really believe the normalization of DJT is moving full speed ahead. Even people of facebook who were so upset about it have now joined the "come on guys, he was elected let's move forward" train.  Feels like were stuck in The Twilight Zone.

I'm kind of dreading Thanksgiving but I am really thankful that 2 of my brother in law's brothers moved to another state. They would have started in for sure.  Maybe I can close my eyes and pretend I'm at this dinner:

Edited by windsprints
  • Love 6
11 hours ago, stillshimpy said:

The majority of you don't actually like him but because you clustered together  geographically -- no doubt for safety -- there's a sweeping mandate about level of fuckeditude you are likely to experience because proximity canceled out preference, ain't that awesome fucking sauce?"

Actually, its the opposite.  Winning the EC and losing the popular vote means the Democrats clustered together, in Callifornia, New York, few other states where the HRC votes far far far outweighed the DJT votes and the Republicans were more spread out, making states like Wisconsin and Michigan competitive (in addition to Florida, NC, PA, Ohio), where the votes were closer, but DJT eeked it out.

• Love 2
7 hours ago, backformore said:

Pence's emails detail a long-standing affair he has had with a woman, including 3 abortions he has arranged and paid for?

They won't care about the affair, but they will about the abortion, so this one.

1 hour ago, maraleia said:

Hey everyone I would stop wearing a safety pin because it's already been co-opted by the right wing nut jobs.

Details? Link?

• Love 3

Actually, its the opposite.  Winning the EC and losing the popular vote means the Democrats clustered together, in Callifornia, New York, few other states where the HRC votes far far far outweighed the DJT votes and the Republicans were more spread out, making states like Wisconsin and Michigan competitive (in addition to Florida, NC, PA, Ohio), where the votes were closer, but DJT eeked it out.

It's early and I'm under-caffeinated so maybe I'm not clicking with this because of that but....that's the same thing, Hanahope.  Sheer numbers: HRC won the popular vote:  so the fact that her voters were too proximate to each other canceled out the majority's preference. 

• Love 2
7 hours ago, InsertWordHere said:

We are truly in the darkest timeline. I've always loved alternate reality fiction, and this election has made me realize that I enjoyed it because most of the time, the alternate reality centered around events much worse than what happened in our reality or in that fictional universe's reality. I've usually viewed it as a device to show how good our current reality (or the fictional reality like in Buffy's The Wish, for example) actually is. Not anymore. There could be fictional works that come out in a few years time envisioning what the world would be like if Hillary Clinton had won, and for the first time ever, I think I'd rather be in the alternate reality instead of this one. 

I recently finished Philip K Dick's The Man in the High Castle.  I'm waiting to wake up and find that the past week has all been a PKD-induced nightmare.

7 hours ago, backformore said:

Ok -  which rumor do you like:

Pence is a Russian spy?  (nah, too boring)

How about -

Pence has been sexting with Anthony Weiner?

Pence's  involvement in a dating site for men who only date transgender women?

Pence is a secret brony and attends comic-cons in full costume? 

FYI - there is a rumor started online which cracked me up :  Does Mike Pence eat sticks of deodorant?

I like them all, but the more I think about it the more I kind of wish that it's the most mundane thing that has Pence all panty-bunched.  Like that he regularly underpays his landscaper or something.  Except not really: I want it to be a combo of at least three of what @backformore listed, but I can't figure out what combo.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, maraleia said:

I would stop wearing a safety pin because it's already been co-opted by the right wing nut jobs.

http://www.snopes.com/2016/11/14/safety-pin-solidarity/

A tweet by Zoé Samudzi began circulating this weekend with screenshots, one from a 4chan board, calling for white supremacists to wear safety pins as a way to trick people looking for a safe space, or as a symbol of their racist beliefs, thus confusing the safety pin’s meaning.

On Reddit, Trump supporters have started multiple threads about wearing safety pins on their “Make America Great Again” hats or on their guns.

The safety pin movement spread on social media, so there are plenty of marginalized people and allies who aren't glued to Twitter who probably don’t know what it means. And perhaps that niche is why it's so easy to co-opt.

All this confusion regarding the meaning and efficacy of the pin is another reason to take active measures to step in when you see injustices happening. That will mean more than a safety pin ever could.

• Love 5
13 hours ago, Duke Silver said:

Oh, and of course I expect no GOP leaders to condemn anything Trump does.  Those cowards let that clown car roll on, unimpeded.  They've convinced themselves that Trump discovered the electoral secret sauce, so no, they won't oppose him anytime soon.  I wish Paul Ryan especially would STFU & stop w/ his blatant over-reaching....a President who won the electoral college but not the popular vote cannot claim some sort of sweeping mandate.  FFS.

Paul Ryan...PFFT!!  I feel like spitting every time I see that smarmy Eddie Munster face on my TV screen or elsewhere.  As someone else so eloquently stated, he's like the nephew who steers clear of his uncle because he knows the old geezer can't stand him.  Then one day, said uncle wins the Powerball.  Then, all of sudden, he's always around trying to assert himself as his uncle's favorite nephew.

Meanwhile, Drumpf called that fool everything but a child of God in the last days of the campaign and the white supremacist, Bannon, has written some scathing pieces on Ryan, as well.  For all his weight lifting, Ryan has always been a profile in cowardice and self-interest.  I will always remember that he was one of the co-conspirators who met at the Caucus Room Restaurant in D.C. the night of President Obama's first inauguration.  During that meeting, Ryan was one of several who agreed to obstruct everything Obama wanted to do--mandate be damned.  

Now, he wants to sit here and play the Jedi mind trick and convince Americans that Drumpf has a mandate.  FOH.

• Love 15

That Snopes piece about the safety pins was written from the perspective of someone who has no respect for "slacktivism" as it's called. I normally hate slacktivism but I don't view the safety pins as slacktivism. I see it as similar to wearing a pink ribbon for breast cancer. It's a symbol, it's a reminder. It doesn't HAVE to be more than that, and there's plenty we can do in addition to that. For me, it's a way of saying to people "hey, don't gloat about Trump to me, because I don't want to hear it. If you do gloat, it'll be an argument. If you didn't vote for Trump, it's safe to talk to me about your fears." There's no other way to say all that without wearing a damn sandwich board around town.

• Love 7
27 minutes ago, editorgrrl said:

Thanks! I take the various points in the article, except that I don't believe Oranganistas will actually wear a safety pin, out of the fear that their Oranganista brethren will mock or menace them. And I'll keep wearing mine.

Bannon looks like he should be drinking out of a paper bag with one hand, and holding out a tin cup with the other. Did they find him behind a dumpster? (IN a dumpster?)

Edited by random chance
clarity
  • Love 9

Bringing this over from the DJT thread because it's really more about my wild, impossible hopes.

2 hours ago, candall said:

There's still that Hail Mary play available in December when the EC votes and they could end this insanity.  Everyone says it absolutely will not happen, but I keep thinking, "There's still one more Emergency Exit!  PULL THE HANDLE."

This article gives a good explanation for why it won't happen, but I think it still leaves open the (extremely tiny and wholly theoretical) possibility that

• there are at least 37 faithless GOP electors who vote for neither Donald nor Hillary, but instead another Republican
  • the states with those faithless electors don't send in the votes of their alternate slate of electors, or
  • the states do send in the alternate slates, but the House accepts the original slates
  • the election then goes to the House, who have to choose from among the top three vote-recipients of the EC: Donald, Hillary, and whatever R the faithless electors gave the most votes to
  • On January 20, we witness the inauguration of President Mitt Romney
  • Later that afternoon, I go buy a PowerBall ticket because obvs.

It's just so weird to me that I find myself, a lifelong Democrat, thinking about how wonderful a Romney administration sounds right now.

But the main reason it won't happen is that electors are just regular dumbass voters who happen to have supervotes in that particular election cycle. We like to think of them as persons who have some extraordinary qualification for choosing the leader of the free world, but nah. Here in Washington state, we had two Democratic electors who said they would be faithless and cast their electoral votes for Bernie and not Hillary, meaning that she would have needed 272 EC votes rather than 270. One of those guys I know nothing about, and the other one is a local talk radio host from a dirtbag family. So I assume the GOP electors are no different from this, er, ... person:

sfskZ4v.jpg

• Love 2

Wanna know how bad Steve Bannon is? Even Glenn Beck wants nothing to do with him:

http://www.thedailybeast.com/cheats/2016/11/14/glenn-beck-steve-bannon-is-a-terrifying-man.html?via=desktop&source=copyurl

Now, there is an argument that Beck is seeing more money to be made from stoking the fears of lefties now, after spending most of his career stoking the fears of the right wing. But I don't know. He seems to have found a genuine moderate streak in recent times. Hell, with the people that are going to be in Trump's White House, it's entirely possible that everyone else will be pushed towards the centre, just through sheer horror at what's unfolding.

It seems like this Bannon appointment is already a step too far for a lot of people. And if the story about some of the Democrat electors trying to convince their Republican counterparts to be faithless is true, then who knows what's going to happen over the next two months.

• Love 5

Bannon looks like he should be drinking out of a paper bag with one hand, and holding out a tin cup with the other. Did they find him behind a dumpster? (IN a dumpster?)

Thank you for saying this, random chance because it has been driving me absolutely bonkers (more so! Some more!) that on top of every other vile thing about this man he hasn't even conquered personal hygiene.   I'm truly not that superficial of a person but even if I wasn't aware of his politics (and I am, oh Jesus and the other dinner guests wept, I am) I'd recoil from his appearance.   

I apologize in advance for my decidedly 9-year-old take on this one, but the guy looks like he smells like pee.   What the ever living fuck?  

• Love 13
11 hours ago, stillshimpy said:

I'm certain that Bannon went through Drumpf's "extreme vetting" process.

1)  Right person to make America hate again?  Check!

2)  Replaces my good friend, the late Roy Cohn, as a despicable piece of human refuse?  Check!

3)  Has a media outlet that can help me disseminate the big lie?  Check!

4)  Wants to dismantle the whole system?  Check!

5)  Despises the establishment Republicans like I do and thumbs his nose at them?  Check!

6)  Even more demented than am (and that's saying something)?  Check!

7)  Wants to make America white again?  Check!

8)  Gets everyone so outraged that they won't pay attention to the fact that I have no policies?  Check!

9)  Is a shameless mysogynist?  Check!

10)  Makes it fashionable to be racist and anti-Semitic again?  Check!

• Love 17
15 minutes ago, stillshimpy said:

I'm truly not that superficial of a person but even if I wasn't aware of his politics (and I am, oh Jesus and the other dinner guests wept, I am) I'd recoil from his appearance. 

If he were an actual homeless person I'd be the first to hand him a sandwich, but he's not, so I feel no guilt whatsoever in saying that he does indeed look like he smells of pee and I would bet good money that he's drunk most of the time.

• Love 8

Not sure exactly where this belongs, but I guess here is as good as anyplace.  So just as a follow up, I called pretty much all of my Congressmen, my governor and Speaker Ryan's office.  Here are the results:

Speaker Ryan's mailbox is full (LOL.)  He has a numbered directory per issue, but you can just leave a general message (when the box is not full I guess.)

My governor is Larry Hogan a Republican who did not endorse Trump.  (Although he is angling to get the FBI HQ in MD so we'll see how that goes). Anyway, they were relatively polite and told me that they would pass on my message and concerns.

My congressman is Elijah Cummings and I know that he is working hard to keep Trump in line so I pretty much just offered my concerns and my support for his efforts.  They seemed to be thrilled to hear from me and told me to keep up the good work.

The other congressmen/women in my state are Democrats except one.  They were all nice and thanked me for calling.

Now the office of the lone Republican, Andy Harris, was not quite as thrilled to hear from me.  I started in on my spiel and the female staffer interrupted me and asked where I got the idea to call the office from.  She asked me if I got it online off of some partisan website.  I told her that no, I was very concerned and was calling Speaker Ryan, the Governor and all of the Maryland representatives.  She then said that this was about the 17th call she had gotten about Bannon and Trump today.  I started to explain that as MD's lone Republican that Harris had a responsibility to his state, but she cut me off, thanked me for my call and disconnected.  Now, this particular district is home to the Klan seat in Maryland so I am not shocked, but wow.  I now encourage all Marylanders out there to call and make their opinions heard.  

• Love 21
33 minutes ago, random chance said:

If he were an actual homeless person I'd be the first to hand him a sandwich, but he's not, so I feel no guilt whatsoever in saying that he does indeed look like he smells of pee and I would bet good money that he's drunk most of the time.

51 minutes ago, stillshimpy said:

Thank you for saying this, random chance because it has been driving me absolutely bonkers (more so! Some more!) that on top of every other vile thing about this man he hasn't even conquered personal hygiene.   I'm truly not that superficial of a person but even if I wasn't aware of his politics (and I am, oh Jesus and the other dinner guests wept, I am) I'd recoil from his appearance.   

I apologize in advance for my decidedly 9-year-old take on this one, but the guy looks like he smells like pee.   What the ever living fuck?  

Ok I'll admit I'm a child, because I can't stop laughing at both your comments.  Because he does.  Wiping tears away, I needed that laugh.

• Love 4
12 minutes ago, NinjaPenguins said:

We accept the results of the election. We accept that Clinton lost. We accept that Orange won. That is why we're sickened, horrified, and heartbroken. Why is this so difficult for you to understand?

Exactly! We accept it, that's why we are so upset. If we were in denial, we'd be skipping around merrily, or whatever the fuck.

• Love 18
8 minutes ago, Danny Franks said:

Every day, new reasons are coming out as to why Americans should not accept the results, and why they should express their disdain, disgust and anger as loudly as humanly possible.

• Trump wants to overturn Roe vs Wade "immediately".
  • Trump has appointed a white nationalist racist as his chief strategy adviser
  • Trump wants top secret security clearance for his kids
  • Trump is not going to disengage from running his business
  • The Russians have admitted that they had dealings with the Trump campaign during the election
  • Trump intends to appoint men who are horrendously unqualified and unfit for the offices of govt
  • Trump lost the popular vote by a significant margin
  • Trump has pending lawsuits that must be dealt with, and if they don't go his way, he may not be in any position to take office
  • Mike Pence is embroiled in a legal fight to keep some emails of his own a secret
  • Hate crime rates are skyrocketing, reportedly with Muslims being the worst targets
  • City and state governments are already saying they will not cooperate with some of Trump's plans (New York, Denver and LA already. In fact, the whole of California)
  • Trump doesn't even know what the job of president is

These are all reasons, just off the top of my head, for Americans to be scared shitless of Trump becoming president. Legally elected or not, they shouldn't be ignored or swept under the rug just because it looks bad to be outraged.

Don't forget his climate change denial and his stance on repealing every single environmental policy and regulation designed to keep the earth from fucking exploding, all in the interest of "bringing back jobs" (which it won't anyway).

Edited by Chicken Wing
  • Love 16
1 minute ago, Chicken Wing said:

Don't forget his climate change denial and his stance on repealing every single environmental policy and regulation designed to keep the earth from fucking exploding, all in the interest of "bringing back jobs" (which it won't anyway).

See, and I did forget those. I probably forgot a whole raft of other reasons that he's unfit to be president. Take just a couple of these, and people should be out protesting at the idea of him in office. All together? Well, those Californians talking about seceding from the Union might just have the right idea.

In fact, that looks like a great idea. Washington, Oregon, California, New England and the Eastern Seaboard down to Baltimore all secede and join Canada. Instantly, Canada becomes the most powerful country in the world and the USA becomes an irrelevant dustbowl of ignorance and intolerance.

• Love 19

Now the office of the lone Republican, Andy Harris, was not quite as thrilled to hear from me.  I started in on my spiel and the female staffer interrupted me and asked where I got the idea to call the office from.  She asked me if I got it online off of some partisan website.  I told her that no, I was very concerned and was calling Speaker Ryan, the Governor and all of the Maryland representatives.  She then said that this was about the 17th call she had gotten about Bannon and Trump today.  I started to explain that as MD's lone Republican that Harris had a responsibility to his state, but she cut me off, thanked me for my call and disconnected.  Now, this particular district is home to the Klan seat in Maryland so I am not shocked, but wow.  I now encourage all Marylanders out there to call and make their opinions heard.   

I don't live in MD. I also know that twitter, etc. isn't the preferred method. But, I think it should be shared on twitter, facebook, etc. how Mr. Harris' office is treating his constituents. People should be sharing the names who don't care what Americans have to say. There's only 2 years until the midterm elections.

• Love 8