Type keyword(s) to search

Post-Election Fears & Anxieties

Bannon and Conway are tortured dissemblers of the truth, using circuitous, doublespeak word salads and blatant hypocrisy to present their lies and obfuscations. They are Goebbels to Trump's Hitler.  And we will see and hear them every single day in a T administration.

When they make the "based on a true story" movie or miniseries, I hope the Conway character realizes she'd have to do this for years to come and starts sabotaging the campaign and helping the opposition.

• Love 1

I've had a thought about the accuracy of the 538 and other projections that have made me feel better. My (admittedly limited) understanding is that they use a set of formulas to create their projections, and that their calculations have to be (somewhat) based on previous campaigns. So, someone like Trump with such an atypical campaign is probably causing the projections to be off by quite a bit. And off in the favor of any sane American. For example the Democrats normally increase their voting total with their GOTV operations. However, in most elections most of this increase would be offset by the Republican's GOTV operations. However, Trump has done little to nothing along those lines. So, GOTV will probably influence the election more than ever, and I doubt that people know how to quantify that for these projections.

22 minutes ago, parisprincess said:

I've never used the mute button on my TV as much as over the past few weeks.....I cannot look at or listen to that disgusting piece of shit or his minions, especially that moron Kelly Ann.

Me too! The last few days I've just watched with the sound off and read the headlines - even the phony high-low cadence of Trump's speeches sends me into a rage, let alone what he's saying in them.

• Love 11
39 minutes ago, backformore said:

This is me as well.   I keep reading, in so many places, about "college-educated suburban white women"  and sometimes the added "over age 50"  and how we are traditional and tend to vote Republican.   WHO SAYS SO?   A college education and a house in the 'burbs didn't change me!  Not me, not my sisters, not my friends.  I get so angry when I am seen as a demographic -  I am an individual. 

I've never understood the stereotype of college-educated suburban white women over 50 supposedly being traditional and voting Republican. Yes, I'm sure those women exist and maybe there's hard data to back it up, but way back when I was in college and then grad school, the conventional wisdom was that as women got older, they became more liberal because they saw the status quo was screwing them over in terms of jobs, pay, etc., while as men got older, they became more conservative because they were reaping the benefits of the status quo.

One of the few things that is keeping my election anxiety somewhat under control is my conviction that there are a ton of women out there like me, who have embraced the positive changes in society that occurred during our lifetimes, and are more than ready for the ultimate glass ceiling to shatter. I understand full well that stereotypes are often based on some truth. But in the last decade, my parents (who were both elderly white Christians living in Mississippi) voted for Obama. Hell, my father hated Bush so much he bought multiple copies of Michael Moore's Fahrenheit 9/11 and gave them to friends from church. My father died a few years ago, but my mother is still alive and voting for Hillary. So, stereotypes exist but they are not absolute. Even if this election turns out badly, I still have some hope that enough people in this country will be appalled that four years from now, we won't have a repeat of this fuckery.

• Love 18

The one thing that I'm trying to keep in mind, as my husband is ready to strangle me and really wishes I'd stay away from Twitter, is how they've both been acting this weekend.

Hillary has been, dare I say it, having fun.  And Trump, I think, has been acting desperate.

I just can't believe either would be acting the way they are if they didn't have a pretty good idea of what's about to happen.  Maybe that's just projection and wishful thinking, but I don't think so.

• Love 4
5 minutes ago, BookWoman56 said:

but way back when I was in college and then grad school, the conventional wisdom was that as women got older, they became more liberal because they saw the status quo was screwing them over in terms of jobs, pay, etc., while as men got older, they became more conservative because they were reaping the benefits of the status quo.

One of the few things that is keeping my election anxiety somewhat under control is my conviction that there are a ton of women out there like me, who have embraced the positive changes in society that occurred during our lifetimes, and are more than ready for the ultimate glass ceiling to shatter. I understand full well that stereotypes are often based on some truth. But in the last decade, my parents (who were both elderly white Christians living in Mississippi) voted for Obama. Hell, my father hated Bush so much he bought multiple copies of Michael Moore's Fahrenheit 9/11 and gave them to friends from church. My father died a few years ago, but my mother is still alive and voting for Hillary. So, stereotypes exist but they are not absolute. Even if this election turns out badly, I still have some hope that enough people in this country will be appalled that four years from now, we won't have a repeat of this fuckery.

My bolding.  This is exactly what Gloria Steinem was saying way back last winter during the primaries on Real Time when the ardent Bernie folks lost their shit.

• Love 5
9 hours ago, millennium said:

If Trump wins, will this be the first Presidential victory by lies and dirty tricks?   I can't think of another example from history offhand.

Well, the Thomas Jefferson / John Adams election was pretty nasty.  Jefferson hired a writer that said Adams was a hermaphrodite (false)   Adams campaign spread the word that Jefferson was dead (false) and that he was sleeping with slaves (true.)  And some historians say the John Quincy Adams/ Andrew Jackson was the worst.   Until now of course.   There is even a book dedicated to the subject : Anything for a Vote

But I don't really see this election as a contest about two ideologies as much as about being qualified to hold the office and being completely unqualified.  

• Love 3

Like some others here, I followed 538 as long as Hillary was in the 80% range for winning, but now I don't even look at it. I just read on another forum that some people have switched from Nate Silver to Sam Wang because they feel his figures are more accurate. I haven't checked him out yet, but plan to. I think that right now I just want someone who will tell me what I want to hear - LOL!

• Love 6
3 hours ago, aradia22 said:

Oh, that reminds me. Early on, I think it was still warm out but Trump had definitely emerged as the Republican pick whether or not he'd actually secured the nomination, I saw a pro-Trump homemade sign tacked up when I was out walking my dog. I surreptitiously ripped it down, crumpled it up, and threw it in the garbage. That was a good day.

You're my hero! I have 2 Trump signs on my street and it's been really hard to restrain myself.

1 hour ago, NewDigs said:

The thing that makes the most anxious is that this kind of won't end. I didn't think a clusterfuck bigger than 2000 was possible.

I didn't think we could be more fractured. 

I'm more of a rat person but I admit to being now swayed by bats.

giphy.gif

Aren't they adorable? It's really my kid that got me into bats. She's kind of obsessed. We've checked out every single bat book out of our local library. Multiple times. I now know a LOT about bats…

• Love 3
19 minutes ago, BookWoman56 said:

I've never understood the stereotype of college-educated suburban white women over 50 supposedly being traditional and voting Republican. Yes, I'm sure those women exist and maybe there's hard data to back it up, but way back when I was in college and then grad school, the conventional wisdom was that as women got older, they became more liberal because they saw the status quo was screwing them over in terms of jobs, pay, etc., while as men got older, they became more conservative because they were reaping the benefits of the status quo.

I'm 52, white, female, college-educated, very rural, and I am a proud liberal.  If I exist, I have to believe more of me exist out there.  

• Love 19
1 hour ago, MulletorHater said:

Exactly.  I just don't buy the "good guy forced to do something or else" narrative.  The damage has already been done, and he knew exactly what he was doing.  He needs to be held accountable and should resign.  At the end of the day, he still violated the Hatch Act.  He, along with Chaffetz, Ghouliani, and whomever in the bureau leaked those faked emails and the Rich pardon files need to be investigated.

And, talk about trying to put a genie back in the bottle.  No, Ghouliani, you don't get to gloat on national television about having a couple of more tricks up your sleeves and then try to walk it back after the shit backfires on your asses.

I don't think he's a good guy either, or that he was necessarily forced to release the letter.  If he was worried about the rogue NY agents leaking the information, which I do think was his motivation, there are others things he could have done to prevent that from happening.  That he thought an ambiguous (and so damning) letter to Republicans was the way to handle the situation shows a clear lack of leadership and common sense.  FBI supervisors knew for months that these Breitbart-believing, anti-Clinton agents existed and didn't do anything.  Again, that's a complete failure of leadership and common sense.  Anyway, I agree he should resign - he has shown over the last few months that he doesn't really think about the consequences of his words or, apparently, his or his agents' actions.

• Love 3
9 hours ago, car54 said:

Comey sent a letter to Congress saying the email review was done and no change to their July finding of no criminal activity found.

Hallelujah!

This was me when Pete what'shisface "predicted" that we wouldn't know until after the election what was in those emails:??????

Because he (and other morons) apparently thought that the FBI were going to sift through them manually. I said in another forum that this was ridiculous because all they would need to do is use an electronic review platform/program like Summation or Relativity or whatever the fuck they use with key words, and they would finish in a week if not earlier.  And here we are, about a week later AND before Election Day.

I wasn't worried over these emails because it seemed the only ones getting any attention and trending, were those emails of Hillary and Huma talking about Bollywood star Amitabh Bachchan. And not about his politics, either.??

8 hours ago, maraleia said:

I hate this election so much and what it's done to my psyche and physical well being. Also, Susan Sarandon is dead to me and that sucks because I really wanted to watch Ryan Murphy's Feud miniseries but she's in the cast and I will not watch anything she does anymore after her stupid Jill Stein endorsement, especially when Stein has been found to invest in the very things she rails against. She's a hack and Sarandon is a lunatic.

Ever since Sarandon appeared on...I can't recall which show, and said she wanted Bernie to be president so HE could overturn Citizen United, for one, I realized how intellectually stupid she is.  So she's been dead to me since then, and now another actor who I've always been indifferent to, Viggo Mortensen, is voting for Stein because apparently, she's the only one who cares about Climate Change and our Foreign policy, and that Stein is the ONLY ONE talking about it. My finger couldn't hit the fast forward button fast enough. Oh, and he doesn't care what people or his fans think, or that they criticize him for his choice. Bully for him.  Because that Hitler-esque Megalomaniac becoming President won't affect him OR Sarandon. 

I'm not sure ? if I'm making any sense, but it made sense in my head. 

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 11

I took too long to head over here, but I'm glad I finally did it.

This article explains 538's methodology. Whether or not anyone wants to read 538, or whether anyone likes or dislikes Nate Silver's personality, I take no position on. But I thought the "model is failing" article needed some follow up: http://www.dailykos.com/story/2016/11/05/1591728/-There-is-Nothing-Wrong-With-the-538-Model

I used to read 538 faithfully, when they were all stats and no chats. But this year they have been doing a lot of pundit type commentary, and whenever they veer off statistics and into speculation, I find them annoying and not very smart. I still read them for data sometimes, though.

I like the animal vids for morale boosting. I have been dosing myself also with humor, to keep my sanity.

After the election, whatever the outcome, I am still really worried about the way that this year has emboldened the more extreme factions of hatefulness, bigotry, and general evil to come out of the shadows and be validated. I am concerned that we will see more of them running for office and influencing those who are elected, because they now think they can win, and know that a lot of people passionately support them, and that means this dynamic is not going to fade away even if Trump himself should disappear completely.

The USA Today suggestions for those whose candidate loses were surprisingly good. I hope people will take them to heart and follow through. In case anyone missed them:

8 hours ago, BW Manilowe said:

USA TODAY has a (serious) 12-step plan for people whose presidential candidate loses on Tuesday.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/elections/2016/11/06/12-tips-if-your-presidential-candidate-loses-trump-clinton-healing-america/93170124/

• Love 4
1 hour ago, starri said:

The one thing that I'm trying to keep in mind, as my husband is ready to strangle me and really wishes I'd stay away from Twitter, is how they've both been acting this weekend.

Hillary has been, dare I say it, having fun.  And Trump, I think, has been acting desperate.

I just can't believe either would be acting the way they are if they didn't have a pretty good idea of what's about to happen.  Maybe that's just projection and wishful thinking, but I don't think so.

The NYT says that Trump's campaign people have finally wrested away his Twitter account, so he's not going to be able to shoot himself in the foot in the next 48 hours - at least not that way.

• Love 2
7 minutes ago, maraleia said:

Has anyone here not made any plans past Tuesday because they are afraid of what could happen because that's me right now?

I'm getting my teeth cleaned, & no election is going to stop me. You have to take care of your gums :-)

• Love 2
10 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Ever since Sarandon appeared on...I can't recall which show, and said she wanted Bernie to be president so HE could overturn Citizen United, for one, I realized how intellectually stupid she is.  So she's been dead to me since then, and now another actor who I've always been indifferent to, Viggo Mortensen, is voting for Stein because apparently, she's the only one who cares about Climate Change and our Foreign policy, and that Stein is the ONLY ONE talking about it. My finger couldn't hit the fast forward button fast enough. Oh, and he doesn't care what people or his fans think, or that they criticize him for his choice. Bully for him.  Because that Hitler-esque Megalomaniac becoming President won't affect him OR Sarandon. 

This is like all the Republicans who say they won't vote for Trump but they can't vote for Hillary so they're either going to write in a name or not vote for President.  Bunch of f*cking pussies.  Cast a vote that counts!

Edited by Quilt Fairy
  • Love 13

So for anyone who needs a bit of a laugh, r/politics has a thread reporting that  Fox have been made aware of an upstart conservative news network that's being planned (which is most definitely not Trump TV. Absolutely not).

https://www.reddit.com/r/politics/comments/5ay0xp/fox_news_obtains_casting_notice_for_upandcoming/

Anyway, there are some pure gold suggestions for potential shows on it. Naptime with Ben Carson is one I would absolutely watch.

I had a good laugh at "Blonde Women Talking Over Each Other" for the obvious reasons but also because there's no way they'd let a panel of women have their own show unless it was a beauty pageant. 

Not to belabor the point, but I'm listening to "Hamilton" again.  And again.  It helps.

After my co-worker left I spent the last hour at work belting along to showtunes on Spotify until my voice got raspy enough for jazz. No regrets.

• Love 7
22 minutes ago, maraleia said:

Has anyone here not made any plans past Tuesday because they are afraid of what could happen because that's me right now?

I have reservations for an Italian wine tasting on Wednesday night.  Because...wine...

• Love 5
28 minutes ago, maraleia said:

I have a colonoscopy scheduled for a week from Thursday, so if the world ends before then it might not be too bad.  Just sayin'.

• Love 10
40 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Ever since Sarandon appeared on...I can't recall which show, and said she wanted Bernie to be president so HE could overturn Citizen United, for one, I realized how intellectually stupid she is.  So she's been dead to me since then, and now another actor who I've always been indifferent to, Viggo Mortensen, is voting for Stein because apparently, she's the only one who cares about Climate Change and our Foreign policy, and that Stein is the ONLY ONE talking about it.

Sarandon was on The Young Turks YouTube show the other day and said pretty much the same thing about why she's now voting for Stein. The host even tried to confront her with the angle about how this might help Trump get elected and how easy it is for Sarandon from a position of extreme privilege to take this pointless stand, and then Sarandon went into some really stupid rants that sounded straight out of Trump-land (about Syria, and "corruption" and other nonsense of that kind). 

Michael Moore was on the same episode and I have to wonder if they crossed in the hallway what THAT conversation was like, since he also started for Sanders but is now firmly for Clinton for the very reasons Sarandon poo-pooed. 

Edited by Kromm
  • Love 6

I am going to see "Fun Home" Wednesday night after driving home from the swing state where I've been canvassing. I may be exhausted to the point of collapse after my 13 hours of poll watching, but yes, I'm making plans.

If Sarandon and Mortensen live in California then they can throw their votes away for all I care...

• Love 6

I have come across two people recently - one from work, one a long-time online friend. who have no plans to vote.

I've been going through this thing for a while trying to register in NYC because it's more convenient for me. The short version is nothing panned out but thankfully I'm still registered from that time they let us do it way back in high school. I didn't vote in the last two elections (or the nonpresidential elections) because my parents wouldn't take me back to the suburbs. I sprained my ankle on Tuesday and I still can't walk very far. I still demanded that we go back "home" Tuesday. Whatever happens, I will be voting for the first time this Tuesday. And then I will get this nonsense sorted out so I can vote in city elections and state elections instead of running back to the suburbs.

• Love 8

I hope that after Tuesday I can go back to not giving a shit about politics.  I normally am bored to tears by elections. This whole being pants-shittingly terrified is new. 

Yes, but also Keepin' it 1600 has made me realize I need to start paying more attention to Senate and House elections and NPR has made me realize I should know more about the judges we're electing. Though I did try and if anyone can tell me a damn thing about the judges in my area besides their educational backgrounds, I'd be surprised.

I guess one way I'm luckier than a lot of you is that my entire family is for Hillary, so I don't have to put up with family conflict over others' stupidity. They are all nervous, too. I guess jerky Curt Schilling should ask us why we support Hillary and previous Democrats, since we fit with his observation that Jews tend to vote for the Democratic party.

If you're not in the Fox News thread, you might not know this... my parents are both Republicans. Pretty much all their friends are Republicans. I have non-Republican family members but I don't see them a lot. They're out in California, etc. The crazy lady emailing me is not a member of my family (Thank God). I used to be more comfortable with Republican positions. I'm actually registered Republican from back in high school. But I've seen how this has all become corrupted from the inside. Which is why I laugh in the face of someone who accuses me of liberal bias or being ill-informed. I might bow out once in a while to preserve my mental health but I know the Republican POV very well, trust me. Also, in case you're curious, college-educated millennial Asian American feminist female voter. :)

• Love 3

Saradon, Mortensen and their followers need to grow up.  Do they not recall the 2000 presidential election?  Because of people using their votes as a protest and voting for Nader, we got George W Bush.  GWB's thirst to get Sadam lead this country into getting us into the Iraq war which destabilized the entire region.  He was convinced that Iraq was responsible for 9/11 when it wasn't.  Cheney et al went about fabricating evidence to "prove" Sadam guilty.  We started a war that resulted in thousands of US troops and HUNDREDS of thousands of innocent Iraqi citizens wounded and killed.  GWB is a stupid and easily lead man with major daddy issues.  He surrounded himself with hawkish and corrupt people. It was a recipe for disaster.

In the year 2000 to throw away your vote as a protest seemed like it was no big deal, but now things are too serious to play these childish games.  Donald Trump is a dangerous man.  He has surrounded himself with conspiracy theorist (who are actually running his campaign), White Supremacists and the extreme right wing.  He has yet to disclose his tax returns thus keeping his financial holdings overseas a secret.  We still don't know how much he owes Russian, Chinese and other foreign interests. How can we trust him to look after America's interests and not his own financial interests?  He has an unnatural love of all things Putin, who will be Trumps puppet master.  Trump has not announce any plans to put his holdings in a blind trust.  I will not get into how emotionally unstable and perverted the man is.  Is Donald Trump the type of personality who should have the military and nuclear codes under his control?  His aides can not even trust him to control his own Twitter account for fear of him starting a late night Twitter war with a Miss Universe from the 1990's.  So, for those that think that using their vote to protest the system , you need to get over yourselves, this is not the year to be doing it.  A vote for anyone but Hillary is a vote for Trump.  If you still want to issue a protest vote, for the love of all that is decent, wait until 2020.  

• Love 20

I have bought a lot of tickets in advance so if I want to go to all those events, I have to make it at least until June.

On 11/6/2016 at 0:31 AM, GHScorpiosRule said:

Well, I've got myself stocked with Johnnie, Robert Mondavi and Moet Rose. The first two, I'll be glugging like crazy Tuesday evening. I hope to pop the cork on the Moet Tuesday night.

Oh, bubbly is a good idea. I'm adding that to my booze list.

• Love 3

Good news which should ease the minds of some worriers a bit - the transit strike in Philadelphia has been settled which means there will be public transit for election day.

• Love 11
7 hours ago, aradia22 said:

Yes, but also Keepin' it 1600 has made me realize I need to start paying more attention to Senate and House elections and NPR has made me realize I should know more about the judges we're electing. Though I did try and if anyone can tell me a damn thing about the judges in my area besides their educational backgrounds, I'd be surprised.

Also: school board elections.  Even if you don't have school-age kids this is important b/c it determines what's taught and how it's taught. 

6 hours ago, movingtargetgal said:

In the year 2000 to throw away your vote as a protest seemed like it was no big deal, but now things are too serious to play these childish games.  Donald Trump is a dangerous man.  

And we know this now, before election daty.  In 2000 GWB was thought of as harmless.

• Love 5
8 hours ago, maraleia said:

Only by timing and a fluke I'm on a flight to Massachusetts Thursday afternoon, which in retrospect I think is a good thing.  It wasn't supposed to be this week as my lass was in the Smith College cast (next week) but got switched back to Mt Holyoke as nobody from MoHo was originally in the MoHo cast (it's a Bill T Jones Arnie Zane piece - Story/Time that was double cast for the Five College Dance Department), I even lost $300 bucks on the deal (shhh... don't tell the lass) because my plane ticket was non-refundable.  

7 hours ago, Kromm said:

The host even tried to confront her with the angle about how this might help Trump get elected and how easy it is for Sarandon from a position of extreme privilege to take this pointless stand,

This is exactly why she's dead to me.  Even Robbins has come around and is trying to persuade BoB's to voted Clinton.

7 hours ago, movingtargetgal said:

Saradon, Mortensen and their followers need to grow up.  Do they not recall the 2000 presidential election?

Sarandon should know better - she was a co-chair for Nader.  Some jerks never learn.

• Love 1
7 hours ago, aradia22 said:

Yes, but also Keepin' it 1600 has made me realize I need to start paying more attention to Senate and House elections and NPR has made me realize I should know more about the judges we're electing.

I think electing judges is one of the stupidest things this Democracy does. Outside of incumbency it's close to a zero information situation.

• Love 4

I am feeling somewhat better at the numbers.  But I do worry how much higher that spite and rage is going to be after Comey tried his inept hand at kingmaking in the eleventh hour only to see him have to stumble through an admission of nothing being there (I hope having to admit that before the election has given Comey the most uncomfortable case of constipation for days to come -- constipation that hurts like all hell).  I mean there had to be this lift even among the most practical of his campaign staff when that ploy was attempted and to add to the already arrogant beyond belief delusions of grandeur, "maybe" was able to squeeze in and I have to think his outrage at losing is going to be even more bitter than it already was.  

I do wonder at what the strategy is going to be so he can make as big a mess to distract he LOST in the days to come.

RE: Educated White Women are usually Republican.  Nate Silver was on Morning Joe and he and Jonathan Capeheart talked about whether the actual numbers that are so often quoted are accurate to the numbers of votes cast for candidates in the general election.  Even though the polls claim to be solid, the math doesn't seem to be as sound in the face of the wins of Jimmy Carter, Bill Clinton and Barack Obama.    These women are registered as Republicans but it would seem by the ballots themselves many more are voting for Democratic Presidential Candidates than what they claim in post-voting polls.  Scarborough had hissy fit and almost spit on Jonathan Capeheart because he put forth some predictions that President Obama would win by certain higher percentages that had him on the edge due to that very demographic.  Scarborough was in full arrogant mode and claimed Romney would win by a decent margin in those needed states (Ohio and Florida were two of them).  Of course Scarborough was wrong but once again white women of a certain age and background did not support him according to polls.  Because there is no way that suburban women of a certain segment might for whatever reason, vote their conscience and values but keep it to themselves when peers and family members are around.  Even if it means saying something to an exit pollster that might be incorrect. 

10 hours ago, 33kaitykaity said:

I'm 52, white, female, college-educated, very rural, and I am a proud liberal.  If I exist, I have to believe more of me exist out there.  

If Trump wins, you'll be re-located to a remote area where his sons can hunt you. 

9 hours ago, Quilt Fairy said:

The NYT says that Trump's campaign people have finally wrested away his Twitter account, so he's not going to be able to shoot himself in the foot in the next 48 hours - at least not that way.

My mind cannot accept that a candidate for the most powerful position in the world has to have handlers revoke his twitter privileges. 

@Moose135 - thanks for sharing those pictures!  Wow!

I happily immersed myself in another viewing of Deadpool last night.  It was a great way to push all the awfulness of the election away. 

• Love 15

I may be liberal, but I do read conservative opinion and pundit websites just to keep in touch with another mindset. Some aren't too bad, but some pundits really  make me want to light myself on fire. One of my favorite hate reads is Chicks on the Right. Ugh, what harpies. And I am happy to say I gave their ridiculous book, Right for a Reason, a scathing review on my blog.

https://thebookselfblog.wordpress.com/2016/11/06/taking-one-for-the-team-right-for-a-reason-life-liberty-and-a-crapload-of-common-sense-by-miriam-weaver-and-amy-jo-clark/

• Love 2

@car54, ever since I read your username last night I've had "there's a traffic jam in Harlem that's backed up to Brooklyn(?) Heights/there's a scout troop short a child/Kruschev's due at Idlewild/Car 54, where are you" stuck in my head. So today's stress relief is looking up theme songs to old shows. Both Peter Gunn and The Virginian hold up well, I think. Maybe because there aren't any lyrics. Also, Peter Gunn is just one of the best TV theme songs ever.

• Love 6

Attention, champagne connoisseurs: I am going liquor shopping tonight and was hoping someone could direct me to a decent, $30-range bottle, if such a thing exists. I don't drink champagne much and have no idea what I'm doing beyond avoiding the $3 pink stuff. I need one bottle to pop for an HRC win. If HRC wins and the Dems win control in the Senate, I think we'll drink the champagne we got as a wedding gift. 

(By the way, are you supposed to store champagne in the fridge or in a cool, dark place like a bottle of wine?)

This trip to the liquor store will occupy a good chunk of time on Election Eve.

For today, I've been watching vid clips of the David Pumpkins and Space Pants skits from SNL. I need silly. Plain old silly. I'm beyond being calmed by cute at this point, I'm so spitting mad at the BS that's gone down the last week.

But, for the record, thumbs up for the big cat sanctuary. I visited one a few months ago and the guide showed us how to "chuff" at a tiger. Beyond awesome. 

Ha ha - and two of us at work have taken the day after Election Day off as a "mental health" day. 

Edited by potatoradio
  • Love 1

If I may add, I think it's:

There's a holdup in the Bronx

Brooklyn's broken out in riots

There's a traffic jam in Harlem

That's backed up to Jackson Heights

There's a scout troop short a child

Kruschev's due at Idlewild

Car54, where are you?

Did you know that show only lasted one season?

• Love 3