Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E08: Welcome to Murphytown

(edited)

Wow !! The Man continues to amaze me with his commitment and his power to quickly adapt.  The fake arm trick to circumvent the vaccination, slicing that guys head open and subsequently eating an entire brain to prove that Murphy was controlling him, and then cutting off his own hand to escape.  Plus you had to like that 'The Man' left his hand behind with the FU finger fully extended.

But 'The Man' made one critical error, and that was guessing that that little girl was Lucy.

Kaya has some mad rapping skillz, and thanks to an assist from Uncle and Nana Citizen Z is back on the air.

Poor 10K, he really is between a rock and a hard place.  I'm glad he's feeling much better from last episode.

Doc and Addie are off to Springfield, Illinois to find the real Lucy, while Roberta, Hector, and Sun Mei are going to need some help but where are they going to get numbers from ?  Are they going to hook up with the Red Hand ?

Edited by ottoDbusdriver
  • Love 1

I think they are going to hook up with the Red Hand.

I'm glad the gang finally knows 10k's secret because I was afraid they were going to drag it out until the end of the season. 

I kinda like "The Man" and I find him to be an interesting character, but he really messed up.  I don't know why he so quickly assumed the child was Lucy. 

Also, I found it interesting that they mentioned Vasquez so I'm wondering if we might see him again.

Edited by Ohwell
  • Love 1

Got a laugh from that satellite reception joke. Am amazed I'd never heard it before.

I'm glad Citizen Z is back in business. And he's got a girlfriend who can spit mad fire, lol.

Wonder why spiders went zombie but crickets didn't? Would it be because crickets don't bite humans?

The Man may be a bad guy but dang if he isn't hot. I'll bet he does have a very particular set of skills, wocka, wocka. Even with only one hand.

they mentioned Vasquez so I'm wondering if we might see him again.

Yes! Vasquez and The Man in the same episode? Be still my heart. And maybe Roberta can finally get her some of what Vasquez is cooking. (Perhaps Matt Cedeño had a break in his work on Power. I don't think their new season starts until early next summer.)

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
  • Love 1
9 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

And maybe Roberta can finally get her some of what Vasquez is cooking. (Perhaps Matt Cedeño had a break in his work on Power. I don't think their new season starts until early next summer.)

I so wish Vasquez would come back. When they mentioned him this episode and said that he probably walked off into a hoard of Zs, however, I had my doubts. They made it seem like his mission was done and, since his family was gone, there wasn't anything left for him.

Power and this show both have fairly short seasons, so I would hope that, if he wanted to come back, filming schedules would somehow allow it, but based on the comment in this episode, I just don't see him returning. I definitely hope I'm wrong, however, especially since Power just hasn't been that great lately, at least in my opinion. This show needs another sexy man in the regular cast. 10k is nice looking, even though he needs a bath, but to me he's more cute than sexy. The Man has some nice muscles and good body definition, but otherwise he really doesn't do it for me either. Whenever I see "El Scorpion"/Hector(?), I just keep thinking of him as head of the Mayan's in Sons of Anarchy and I don't really find him attractive either. He's got a good build, but I'm not a fan of the facial hair. Citizen Z doesn't qualify either - he's cute, but thin as a rail, though I do like DJ Qualls in general (he used to be a model before he started acting - I think for Versace?), so might be part of why he's fairly thin/lanky.

I'm kind of bummed that the gang reunited only to separate again right away and that just two went off in search of Lucy. I hope 10k comes back - especially as they have his booster shots that he needs to keep from being controlled by Murphy. I wish he would have trusted Warren more, but I kind of get his reaction to run given the way they confronted him, which was a little hostile, especially since he didn't know who the Asian Scientist was at all (can't remember her name). It seemed as though Roberta suspected something was off with 10k as soon as 10k and Doc returned, so she should have tried to keep him with Doc rather than risk scaring him away and having him run off, which is what happened.

• Love 2

I'm hoping the mention of Vasquez was sort of a Chekhov's gun thing. Why bring him up for no reason? His absence doesn't figure into the current storyline in any way. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
  • Love 2

Wonder why spiders went zombie but crickets didn't? Would it be because crickets don't bite humans?

I was under the impression that it was zombies covered in spiders, not zombie spiders. 

Now that Murphy is eating brains, his skin seems to be shining through the blue. I would have thought that he was turning back to human except for the brain eating.  Are brains the only thing he can eat now? 

• Love 2
51 minutes ago, holly4755 said:

Now that Murphy is eating brains, his skin seems to be shining through the blue. I would have thought that he was turning back to human except for the brain eating.  Are brains the only thing he can eat now? 

Yeah, I wondered about the skin showing through, too.  I guess that has to do with him eating brains?

2 hours ago, holly4755 said:

I was under the impression that it was zombies covered in spiders, not zombie spiders. 

I thought it might be due to the meds/injection that the doctor made just for him rather than eating brains. If I remember right (and I may not be), I thought he started turning less blue when she started giving him the injections, which is before he started eating brains. Perhaps even a side effect of the injections could be part of what is making him crave brains?

Also, I thought they were talking about Zs covered in spiders as well and not Z black widows, or whatever type of spider they were.

Edited by Rapunzel
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, holly4755 said:

1 hour ago, Rapunzel said:

Also, I thought they were talking about Zs covered in spiders as well and not Z black widows, or whatever type of spider they were.

It was definitely zombies covered in black widow spiders.

Though you never know -- remember the zombear at the all-women compound in Utah in Season 1 ?  So, the zombie virus has jumped cross-species before.

I double-checked to see if 'The Man' was wearing shoes since he normally goes barefoot or wears sandals -- he was wearing shoes, even after Murphy recognized him.

I'm still on Team Murphy.  Keith Allen is so good.

On 10/29/2016 at 8:39 PM, Rapunzel said:

I hope 10k comes back - especially as they have his booster shots that he needs to keep from being controlled by Murphy. I wish he would have trusted Warren more, but I kind of get his reaction to run given the way they confronted him, which was a little hostile, especially since he didn't know who the Asian Scientist was at all (can't remember her name). It seemed as though Roberta suspected something was off with 10k as soon as 10k and Doc returned, so she should have tried to keep him with Doc rather than risk scaring him away and having him run off, which is what happened.

I agree.  Plus they are fun to watch together.  And I'm with Doc, I hate when they split up.  I'm not very enthusiastic about Hector or Dr Sun. ( I think that's her name)

• Love 1

Murphy is beginning to wear me down and his shtick is getting on my nerves.  At this point, I don't know if he's "good" or "bad" and I just don't care anymore.  I think The Man is beginning to be a much more interesting character. 

On 10/30/2016 at 2:44 PM, holly4755 said:

Now that Murphy is eating brains, his skin seems to be shining through the blue.

I think that's more an effect of the recently deceased doc's keep-Murphy-fresher-longer shots, than anything to do with the brain eating.

The cerebral snacking, however, does seem to give Murphy some impressive boosts in brain power.  Wonder if the actual effect is chemical, or psychosomatic?

15 minutes ago, Nashville said:

I think that's more an effect of the recently deceased doc's keep-Murphy-fresher-longer shots, than anything to do with the brain eating.

The cerebral snacking, however, does seem to give Murphy some impressive boosts in brain power.  Wonder if the actual effect is chemical, or psychosomatic?

I think the brain power boost is chemical -- as there's no way Murphy knew all the details about Dr. Merch's cure.  I wonder what he will learn from eating these other brains.  And just to note -- the brain Murphy ate was the partially snacked on brain that The Man carved out of the Murphy follower (who had either been bitten by Murphy or taken the injection).

• Love 1