Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E09: Elua Iā ma Nowemapa (Two Days in November)

• Start Topic

Interesting episode.  I'm glad that the conspiracy turned out to be something other than a Kennedy cover-up, but I was a little sad at how disappointed Jerry was at the end.  I did like the flashbacks portraying 60s Hawaii.

Once again, Five-O gets away with things that should have landed them in much trouble, this time detaining an FBI agent.  Even though the guy did sit by and do nothing while Jerry's friend got shot, IRL I'm sure McGarrett and the others would have still been arrested.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, BooksRule said:

I did like the flashbacks portraying 60s Hawaii.

I liked that too.  But they really fell down on the job with Tiny Bubbles being sung by Don Ho - it wasn't even released until 1966.

• Love 3
10 hours ago, Trey said:

I liked that too.  But they really fell down on the job with Tiny Bubbles being sung by Don Ho - it wasn't even released until 1966.

The writers, in their weekly Twitter Chat for the ep, admitted they used creative license in the Tiny Bubbles scene, using the song 3 years before it was actually released. I think they thought it added to the atmosphere, which I think it did.

• Love 5
On 11/19/2016 at 5:40 AM, BooksRule said:

I'm glad that the conspiracy turned out to be something other than a Kennedy cover-up

Me too. I thought it was a nice twist.

16 hours ago, SweetTooth said:

This show is not doing itself any favors by constantly reminding the viewer they don't care about the law or human rights.

I agree. Other than the usual crap, it bugged me that he just left the FBI agent there in the bunker after everything was solved. Also, another bug. The bunker's 4 stories of concrete underground, and the cell phone works?

What happened to Jerry's girlfriend? Did I miss a line where they broke up? When she was originally introduced, she was a conspiracy enthusiast as well.

• Love 2
13 hours ago, BW Manilowe said:

The writers, in their weekly Twitter Chat for the ep, admitted they used creative license in the Tiny Bubbles scene, using the song 3 years before it was actually released. I think they thought it added to the atmosphere, which I think it did.

Also it was a good way to show that the singer was Don Ho without being obvious about it. Although I did think the actor playing him was a little too high-energy. The real Don Ho was the sleepiest singer ever. He could barely raise his microphone above stomach level.

• Love 3

The playing up the Kennedy assassination plot was great. I loved that it gave Jerry something central to do right in his wheelhouse and Made good use of Chin running support.

This is serving as a good reminder that if anyone associated with 5-0 asks to do something with you, politely decline, it's a sure fire way to ensure you'll be killed or taken hostage.

• Love 1

I agree that it was a bit odd that McGarrett would assault an FBI agent and detain him for questioning, without any repercussions.  I recognised Matt Battaglia (one of those "hey it's that guy" guys and probably best known as the fireman boyfriend of Phoebe Buffay) as the FBI agent.  

I loved seeing the scenes of Old Hawaii.  The JFK plot was mildly entertaining but I guess I didn't pay close enough attention because I don't know who killed that girl and why.  Did the FBI kill her to prevent her from uncovering the plot to kill Fidel Castro?  I thought it was widely accepted that the U.S. contemplated doing just that.  Plus, any conspiracy would be 50 years old, why go to such lengths?

the girl was killed because she was investigating an energy company or something, and had incriminating evidence against the CEO. So it had nothing to do with the conspiracy. But the FBI knew she was a target and did nothing to stop the hit. The agent also was there when she got shot and took pictures instead of rendering aid.

• Love 1

FBI: We have you on obstruction of justice.

Me: Ha ha ha ha ha. Bitch, please. 

*FBI agent then bent over the hood of his truck in cuffs*

The series end is going to be Steve arresting the governor, declaring martial law, and seceding from the US.

Edited by ganesh
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4