Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E14: The Knockouts, Part 3

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, ProudMary said:

The logistics of this performance/voting/results episode are ridiculous.  So, 20 contestants are going to perform, America is going to vote, and eight eliminations are all going to be announced in a much less than two hour time period (allowing for commercials)?  I guess it's possible if only the coach for the team competing at the time gets to speak.  Personally, I think this could be a disaster.  Thumbs down from me.

I would guess that America voting will happen during commercial breaks.  Similar to how twitter saves work in results episodes.  

Back in season 7, the show did a wildcard round where they fit in 9 performances in 1 hour.  I think all the coaches got to comment on each performance.  I don't remember them showing any pre-taped rehearsal footage.  Also no live voting.

On 11/3/2016 at 1:26 PM, bluepiano said:

Especially when it's a singer from a completely different genre than the mentors. There's probably some element of, gee, there's a big name, successful person, but if you're an r&b singer, are you really that bowled over to meet Faith Hill and Tim McGraw?

I always have this vision of take after take when the singers meet the mentors.  "You weren't excited enough when you saw Joan Jett.  Let's do it again. Come ON!"

• Love 1