Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E16: And Then There Were Four

• Start Topic

On ‎10‎/‎31‎/‎2016 at 7:08 AM, zoeysmom said:

I believe he did cheat.  I believe the money he gives her is called child support and spousal support.  They make it seem as if it is such a rarity.  It is nice they can some business interests going.   

I think it goes way beyond that.  He paid for her to remodel her kitchen.  She said multiple times on the show that he paid ALL her bills and he pays them directly.  She said on the show that she doesn't even OPEN her bills, she just hands them to him.  They weren't married that long, she said they divorced when her youngest was a baby, if I recall correctly, so I don't think he'd be on the hook for 18+ years for spousal support in an amount that she could live the lifestyle she lives without holding down an actual job.   I think he supporters her WAY beyond was is customary in situations such as theirs.  It's very strange. 

Edited by lezlers
  • Love 2

She learned that from her loving Juicy husband.

Or, vice versa - Teresa has said it more times on the show than Juicy. (She also has the distinction of saying it in the presence of her fourbeautifuldawters).

Edited by jaync
1 hour ago, lezlers said:

I have SO MANY QUESTIONS about Delores' relationship with Frank.  Basically, the only thing they're NOT doing is sleeping together.  They're still friends, confidents, co-parents and he still financially supporters her.  So they're married without living together or having sex.  So how does that effect Frank's relationship with his girlfriend?  I would NOT be able to hang with my partner financially (and let's be real) emotionally supporting another woman with whom he shares children.   I'm also curious how Delores' ex-fiancee dealt with it.  Was he really cool with his fiancée being supported by another man?

The whole thing is just SO strange.

I don't know; I think I'd personally be more worried about getting involved with a man who'd cheated on his wife than I would about the fact that they managed to get along like adults. 

• Love 10
11 hours ago, MsTree said:

She learned that from her loving Juicy husband.

Clearly, tre is and always has been nothing but a vulgar lowlife grifter felon. Why Bravo thinks she is in any way entertaining or worthy of airtime is beyond me.

I will never watch NJ as long as her nasty attitude and sluttish lack of morals are showcased....and as much as reading all the posts on this forum entertains me, I am equally horrified that this horrible woman is in charge of raising 4 children...with all the 'family' she supposedly  has around her, presumably  supporting her child-rearing efforts, I would hope those kids have a fighting chance, but every time I see a pic of Gia in one of her hooker-in-training outfits, or catch a glimpse of Milania's most recent nastiness, I lose all hope for the other two....I can only hope that NJ Child Services is well staffed and compassionate once they become involved, those kids are gonna need it.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, becauseIsaidso said:

Clearly, tre is and always has been nothing but a vulgar lowlife grifter felon. Why Bravo thinks she is in any way entertaining or worthy of airtime is beyond me.

Because she brings in the ratings. Andy and Bravo care about nothing more than that.

• Love 4
6 minutes ago, Otherkate said:

I love watching that felon!

I do too, she's good tv.

I realize it's not fair, because it feels  like she's being rewarded. But she's just entertaining as far as the Housewives franchises go. I don't watch any of these housewives shows to admire any of these women, they all come off cheap to me. They're a cheap laugh, when I'm not rolling my eyes at their bullshit.  Except, there are a few that genuinely seem to be trying to use the show to further another career and a few of them have used the platform wisely. If Tre and Joe weren't so damn greedy I would have put them into that category, because Tre definitely has the golden touch but seems like she'll always cancel that touch out if she doesn't change her shady ways.   Now she's taking up yoga and if she can just slow down the pace and soften her voice a little bit, she'd be a good instructor. It's got to be a soothing environment and that includes the voice of the instructor in setting that mood. 

So, I continue to watch her because she still makes me laugh. She's still fucking up the English language and saying that people are dead to her, it's good reality tv..

• Love 13
5 hours ago, abbottrabbit said:

I don't know; I think I'd personally be more worried about getting involved with a man who'd cheated on his wife than I would about the fact that they managed to get along like adults. 

Continuing to support your ex-wife for decades after you divorce goes beyond "acting like adults."  I mean, it's great that they get along and aren't at each other's throats like many other divorced couples, but she would just hand him her bills every month without even opening them?  The woman admitted she had no idea about her finances at all.  She was basically continuing to live as a housewife snugly under her husband's financial thumb, despite being divorced.  That's neither smart nor mature, as all of her friends tried to explain to her.  He could've, at any moment, just decided to no longer finance her (her youngest is 17 I believe so he'd only be legally obligated to pay child support for another year.) Then what would she have done?  I'm glad she finally realized it and took her actual job and finances seriously. 

The fact that he cheated on her really has nothing to do with their financial situation.  At all.

Edited by lezlers
  • Love 5

I've been away from this for a while but I have to say Siggy has to be the most draining person to ever be on a show.    No way she can be a relationship expert at all. This was no ringing endorsement for her at all.  What kind of idiot tells one of the parties that their ways will be followed and not the other.  This show should put her out of business.    I would have acted the same way as Theresa did when Jacqueline said - you sit here, i'm talking to you alone, etc.  Her behavior is what started it all.  I don't care for Delores either.  Your ex moved on and he is still paying your stuff?  Why.  Kids I can see but you?  No way, especially if its decades.  You're lazy..get a job - that's just me though. 

• Love 4

Bravo's biography of Delores:

FOLLOW DoloresCataniaNJ DoloresCatania DoloresCatania

SHOWS The Real Housewives of New Jersey

BLOGS The Real Housewives of New Jersey

Dolores Catania redefines what it means to be a Housewife. The Paterson-born Jersey native is the quintessential modern day Renaissance woman. This corrections officer-turned-surgical technician-turned realtor and owner of multiple fitness centers is not only a mother of two, but also an active executive member of several charities, a pastime fueled by her devout faith. Though divorced for 15 years, she and her ex-husband and business partner, Frank, maintain a close friendship. Their two kids, Gabrielle (20) and Frankie (17), keep Dolores on her toes by making sure there is never an empty house. Whether it's the multitude of kids or array of stray animals they bring home, the Catania household is never dull, and Dolores is mom to all. Known lovingly as the "real deal" by her friends, Dolores is not one to sugarcoat anything and always brings blunt honesty to the table, along with unwavering loyalty and a great sense of humor to match.

The Frank and Dolores thing is a bit unusual. She's referred to him as her "best friend" and maybe he's just figured that he's in a position to help the mother of his kids, so why not help? Maybe he offered a while ago and it just became habit. Did it continue while Dolores was living with someone else? Or did he only resume taking care of her/the bills when she was single again?

Maybe Frank feels responsible for cheating on Dolores...maybe they discussed her being a SAHM while Frankie was still at home, and Frank making it possible for that to happen. It's worked for them and I didn't think too much about it, but agree with the other women that Dolores should be more independent. 

She's still fucking up the English language and saying that people are dead to her, it's good reality tv.

As long as Teresa is confusing "edamame" and "enema" and making over-the-top pronouncements about the kiss of death, I'll watch her.

• Love 5

I think Dolores and Frank believe once you marry someone you are always united. They may not live or sleep together, but neither has remarried, and they coparent their kids very well. He married her and feels responsible for her well being. Kind of old school and different but it works for them and is better than a contentious divorce. 

• Love 12
20 hours ago, happykitteh said:

Because she brings in the ratings. Andy and Bravo care about nothing more than that.

Well - she hasn' been bringing the ratings. RHNJ is like the 10th highest rated cable show on Sunday night now.

IMO - that's why she's sucking up to crazy Danielle Staub (aka Beverly Merrill?). I'm an awful person cause I'd love to see Danielle back. I stopped watching (even DVR and On Demand) four episodes ago. I tell myself it's OK cause Danielle needs the money. 

My handbasket to Hell is no longer decorated with flowers and ribbons, it's now sharp knives that may likely stick me in the eye.

• Love 2

I agree! I don't think they'll cancel the show.

But I always thought it was a joke the salary Teresa claimed she was making. The indictment said she was getting paid $120K for Season 2 (fraudulent BK docs they filed had the $40K from Season 1). So I always found the $1M hard to believe. IDK - her salary depends on ratings - hence bringing back Danielle for a potential boost.

I'll be curious to see what happens re ratings if they do bring Danielle back. I don't think they'll get rid of Jaq. Ratings were highest this season when she went nutters.

• Love 1

History Lesson:

Diana is Carolines sister. She had a charity called "Ladybug" Caroline was part of that.There was some big falling out over the charity and Diana and Caroline  weren't speaking. Diana is one of Theresa's best friends.

Jac is Carolines SIL. They has a big fight and Jac HIT Caroline. They don't get along. 

Melissa and Joe were not happy with Theresa when they came on the show. A lot of speculation but jealousy over Tre being a "star" seemed to be the main point. They now get along.

When Melissa came on she was often accused of being a stripper and that caused even more problems. That has NEVER been proven. Melissa said she was the bartender and not a stripper. Lots of accusations of Tre setting her up, etc. 

I've watched since Day One & I love Tre. She's just reality tv gold. 

• Love 4

Also, I believe when Jac hit Caroline it was shortly after CJ was born, no? I think it pre-dated the show, and they got along alright when the Manzos were on. If there is a falling out between Caroline and Chris/Jac it would have to be more recent. 

• Love 3

I think you're right. The Caroline/Jaq slapping incident was before the RHNJ ever happened. Hell (see Handbasket - when it still had flowers) - I can see me slapping self-righteous Caroline too.

I think both Chris and Jaq appeared on Manzo'd With Children? Never watched - but Vicki from the NJ Star Ledger thought Chris was the funniest thing on the show. I can see that. Also see I'm an unfortunate Juicy fan...

I won't get into Teresa likely fueling the unsubstantiated rumors Melissa was a stripper.

• Love 1

I will never watch NJ as long as her nasty attitude and sluttish lack of morals are showcased....and as much as reading all the posts on this forum entertains me, I am equally horrified that this horrible woman is in charge of raising 4 children...with all the 'family' she supposedly  has around her, presumably  supporting her child-rearing efforts, I would hope those kids have a fighting chance, but every time I see a pic of Gia in one of her hooker-in-training outfits, or catch a glimpse of Milania's most recent nastiness, I lose all hope for the other two....I can only hope that NJ Child Services is well staffed and compassionate once they become involved, those kids are gonna need it.

Meanwhile, many of us (I hope) find it beyond nasty to assign a slut/hooker label to any woman because of what she wears, much less an adolescent girl--not that I assign any credence to those labels (hey, "sluts" and hookers, as long as you're hurting no one, do what you want to do with your wardrobe and body). 

• Love 14
6 hours ago, ghoulina said:

Also, I believe when Jac hit Caroline it was shortly after CJ was born, no? I think it pre-dated the show, and they got along alright when the Manzos were on. If there is a falling out between Caroline and Chris/Jac it would have to be more recent. 

The slap/hit was shortly after CJ's birth and Jac had postpartum depression. Caroline was berating Jac about not keeping the house clean, not cooking every meal for Chris, and just generally dismissive of Jac's depression. But it was before the show. I don't think that Chris and Jac are on the outs with any Lauritae other than Dina. I believe Dina is feuding with most of the other siblings.

• Love 2
On 10/31/2016 at 9:11 AM, MrsPatrickBateman said:

I really cannot stand Siggy.

When Dolores and Siggy were having the mom lunch and Siggy said something about how both the mothers we re so similar and so selfless, I was really expecting her to say and that's why we planned a nice day just for you. But no, just whining some more.

I have to fast forward thru their scenes.

• Love 3

Re Teresa's salary: I thought I heard $1M in relation to the "Teresa Checks In" 3-parter.

Whether or not that's true, I'm sure she negotiated good compensation for Bravo filming not only her emotional reunion with the kids and Joe, but Joe's departure. I'm sure both were Bravo exclusives.

• Love 1

Maybe I'm mistaken - but I believe the $1M was her "reported" salary for RHNJ for 16+ (?) episodes. I can't believe she'd get $1M for only three episodes of Teresa Checks In (where she only "checked in" via phone). As I said before - I never believed the $1M anyway. Only her and Nene Leake's claimed to be making that much money - the two biggest RH wannabes IMO.

Speaking of checking in - this board seems to not be. Come over to 90 Day Fiancé...we're having a rollicking good time in our Handbasket's???.

• Love 1
37 minutes ago, Jennifersdc said:

Maybe I'm mistaken - but I believe the $1M was her "reported" salary for RHNJ for 16+ (?) episodes. I can't believe she'd get $1M for only three episodes of Teresa Checks In (where she only "checked in" via phone). As I said before - I never believed the $1M anyway. Only her and Nene Leake's claimed to be making that much money - the two biggest RH wannabes IMO.

Speaking of checking in - this board seems to not be. Come over to 90 Day Fiancé...we're having a rollicking good time in our Handbasket's???.

Bethenny gets paid $1M and seems to have the ability to prominently feature her piss water, Skinnygirl, all season. I wish I could remember where I saw that Lisa Vanderpump gets $2.2M for RHoBH, Vanderpump Rules, and the Vanderpump Rules after show. 

• Love 1