Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E06: Episode 6

• Start Topic

That 6000 pounds won't last long if Caroline keeps giving it away in 1400 pound chunks by investing in unproductive mines.  She likely will have kids to think about, and their future prospects, so she might want to put most of that away and live within her means on the interest if she ends up with a doc husband who makes less than no money treating the poor.

• Love 3

Unless this show shifts to other characters or moves on to future Poldark generations, I think the show should end its run in the next season. The Warleggans'  mustache twirling and the Ross-Demelda-Elizabeth triangle is already getting tedious, as is all the loping of thunderous hooves along the cliffs, the constant threat of imprisonment, the squalor,  I've appreciated many British shows for their short seasons and for knowing when to call it quits. For me, this show's getting stale rather quickly.

• Love 6
23 hours ago, Clawdette said:

I know this is not the comparing book to show thread but I just want to try to make Candall feel a little better about Ross' gift to Demelza. He had noticed that she wasn't wearing stockings lately and thought it might be because she had no garters to hold them up. He was worried she might be cold and bought garters to remedy that situation.  Ross was concerned for Demelza, honestly. 

Interesting perspective.  And I guess that the stockings made him horny -- that didn't give him any motivation for this gift?  Mmmm, kay.  Still think Ross has been really thoughtless & jerky lately.  That ain't Ross hate.  Just calls 'em as I sees 'em.

What I'm liking about both Caroline & Dwight is how they're both showing some rather surprising depth I wouldn't expect of either of them.  On the surface they both seem predictable & boring.  And yet . . . they've both shown unpredictable sides of their characters -- and THAT makes them inherently interesting.

OK, so how will they be as a couple?  I haven't read the novel so Idk, but I want to see more.  To me, right now, they aren't boring in the least -- as a couple, or separately, but that might change.

If I'm finding anyone boring & predictable, it's George.  I hope his schemes become more fun to watch because he is a snooze.

Edited by ScoobieDoobs
  • Love 3

I froth NOW!

That was funny! Me too.  I think we all were agape at the sight of Ross on the verge of debtor's prison leaving every bit of cash he could get his hand on to Elizabeth and her son while leaving nothing to his own wife and child. wow.....wow.

It's gotten to a point now where I am actively rooting for George.

• Love 5

I thought I was doing a good job of keeping up with the episodes but this week just totally confused me. So PBS has episode 6 up. But everyone seems to still be talking about last weeks episode. So this week was the very sad break up of Dwight and Caroline and finding out who the informer was etc. So is this episode 6 or 7?

• Love 2

My DVR has the Dwight-Caroline drama listed as 06. I think PBS is counting Episodes 1 and 2 and Episode 1, as it aired the two together (though they recorded separately on my DVR as Episodes 1 and 2). Now my DVR deletions list has the 1 and 2 episodes listed as one episode lasting 1 hour and 59 minutes. So it seems PBS has changed the numbering after the fact. 

So then, if I might be so bold as to ask, what happened to the recap and forum for the episode (whatever number it was) that aired this Sunday (11.6.16)? The one jah1986 describes upthread?

So this week was the very sad break up of Dwight and Caroline and finding out who the informer was etc. So is this episode 6 or 7?

• Love 2

No thread for ep 7????  Pretty exciting ep.  Oh, I NEVER trusted that Charlie character.  He was always way too smiley & "friendly".  

Is that the end of Caroline?  Really?  Sheesh, have a little patience, hun.  Dwight is worth waitin' a few extra minutes (or hours or days) for.

So was Ross playing Superman in this ep (well, ep 7) & Demelza playing Supergirl or what?  Ross still makes such dopey decisions.  Boy, even that hot soldier who'd been eyeing Demelza turned out to be a stinker, eh?

Oh Jeez, Elizabeth, you useless dumb-dumb, you really don't know George just wants you for your dresses?

Edited by ScoobieDoobs
  • Love 3

OK, but a new episode aired last Sunday, so I'm completely confused.  Or did I imagine that Charlie was the informer & Dwight stood up Caroline & she wrote him a blow-off letter?  Was this a dream I had?  Anyone?  Maybe I dreamed Trump got elected too?

• Love 3
2 hours ago, ScoobieDoobs said:

Or did I imagine that Charlie was the informer & Dwight stood up Caroline & she wrote him a blow-off letter?  Was this a dream I had?  Anyone?  Maybe I dreamed Trump got elected too?

The bad news is that you didn't dream the election bit. The good news is that you didn't dream the Poldark developments either. I've started an Episode Seven thread for that episode. Go forth and post in it!

• Love 3
7 hours ago, ScoobieDoobs said:

OK, but a new episode aired last Sunday, so I'm completely confused.  Or did I imagine that Charlie was the informer & Dwight stood up Caroline & she wrote him a blow-off letter?  Was this a dream I had?  Anyone?  Maybe I dreamed Trump got elected too?

If only.  

I don't know how you saw this, Scoobie.  Our PBS station apparently didn't show an episode on 11/6.  (I was looking for it on Demand on Monday and there was no listing.  That's why I asked above if episode 6 was the season finale.)  I checked ahead on the schedule and it shows episode 7 will be shown on the 11/13.  I'm very confused too!  

• Love 1
32 minutes ago, Haleth said:

I checked ahead on the schedule and it shows episode 7 will be shown on the 11/13.

Okay, that means the date on my new episode thread for ep7 has the wrong date on it. But still, the thread's there for whoever wants to use it.

• Love 1