Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E06: Dark Waters

• Start Topic

Emma tries to convince Aladdin to work with Jasmine to help Agrabah, while Regina teams up with Snow and David to free Archie from Zelena. The Evil Queen sows suspicion between Henry and Hook, even as Mr. Gold reminds her of his most important lesson. Meanwhile, in the past, Hook finds himself kidnapped by the mysterious Captain Nemo and held captive inside his legendary submarine, the Nautilus.

Wasn't Liam 2.0 about eight years old when Hook killed their father?  How does the timeline match up at all?

So, Regina has always wanted Snow's heart?  Why didn't she use it any of the times she could've--back in the Forest?  

I'm really, really tired of this storyline.

• Love 7

OK, So when I saw the spoiler interviews on this one my gut feeling was that Liam 2.0 was on board.  But then I read the wiki on the show and it basically said that Hook went from killing his Father to Wonderland to dispatch Cora and then got frozen shortly thereafter when the Cora protected her land from the curse.  So I disregarded it.

So WTF show…  How did Liam 2.0 grow up and Hook get kidnapped to the Nautilius in that time?

• Love 2

I liked the story with Hook, Liam and Nemo. Although I don’t understand why Nemo wanted Hook to join him in the first place.  At least the show is consistent in its messages about family and forgiveness. 

I felt sorry for Henry.  Hook’s attempt to babysit and develop a relationship with Henry was pretty clunky.  Not to mention the breakfast offering.  Boiled mackerel and grapefruit?  Yuck. 

Poor Doc, his Miata was a target again!  That car is a trouble-magnet.

Why did EQ adopt a southern belle accent in her scene with Rumple?  It was odd and took me out of the scene for a few seconds.

Dear show writers:  please do not give me any more kissing scenes between EQ and Rumple.  I’d rather eat the grapefruit and boiled mackerel.

• Love 16

Henry is the fucking worst.  You helped Hook pick out the house! You went to the Underworld to help your mom save him!  Quit being a sanctimonious little prick.  “You’ll never be a part of this family”...to the man that actually helped you deal with losing your dad.

Again, the whole situation was a lot of manufactured angst.  They could have easily had Henry helping Hook with getting some stuff on the Jolly Roger to bring home and be kidnapped off the docks that way and have the story continue on as it did.

I am glad Emma was reasonable about the sheers.  

If this the best the EQ can come up with, I really do not know what they are all worried about it. Next week looks like it might have some actual movement though.  

Edited by gik910
  • Love 11

I'm finding it difficult to put pen to paper on this episode. I didn't hate it, and some parts I actually found enjoyable. There were two points in the episode I burst out laughing - Regina flirting with Rumple over the "house call", and then when Belle was walking over to Gold's shop. I legit thought she was going to walk in on EQ and Rumple making out. That cracked me up so much for some reason. (Whenever I watch this show by myself, I'm very animated. I laugh, punch pillows, shout at the TV...)

What the heck is even going on next week?! I don't even know what I'm watching any more.

Edited by KingOfHearts
  • Love 7

I shouted "GROSS!" when EQ kissed Rumpel.  To think Regina had that simmering under the surface all this time ... ew.

I am a little confused about whether or not Nemo knew in advance that Hook was Liam 2.0's brother/the one who killed his father.  I assumed that was why Nemo picked him up in the first place, but then it almost seemed like Nemo didn't know.  (I would prefer Nemo knowing over him just randomly picking up revenge-bent people, especially with all his pointed talk of "family.")  I wonder if Liam 2.0 will be sticking around -- if so, I hope he shows a little more depth (heh).  I am glad Nemo actually got saved because of coming to Storybrooke (modern medicine, yay).

Belle's ambivalent feelings about her relationship with Rumpel but uncertainty about how she wants their son to relate to him were really good, I thought.  (Also kinda glad she didn't see the EQ/Rump kiss because, like I said, ew, and I'm glad she doesn't have a reason to get jealous over him or something.)  I've been liking her this season.  I also really liked that Emma immediately understood and accepted Hook's reasons.  Though obviously from the last scene, they should've just held on to those shears ...

• Love 6

You know, one of the things that bugs me about this show is the consistent message that you should stay with abusive, controlling parents/spouses because your continual forgiveness will change them into who they are in your imagination.

No, Henry shouldn't be living with/spending time with the Reginas.

No, Snow shouldn't be spending so much time with the Reginas.

No, Belle shouldn't go back to Rumple.  Again.

No, Damian probably shouldn't be raised by Rumple.

No,  . . . 

Edited by Mari
LL and TH are actually different letter combinations. Huh.
  • Love 10
On 10/27/2016 at 5:20 PM, Souris said:

Focus for this ep will likely be on Hook/Henry coming to some sort of understanding. Emma will be off with Aladdin the whole time except for perhaps a short scene in the beginning. Hook/Emma will NEVER get to have the conversation about her vision/dying.

I brought this over from the Spoiler thread to congratulate Souris for his/her predictions. ???

• Love 7

So, I guess the show is going with the whole, people weren't LITERALLY frozen inside the bubble during the curse, just didn't age. But then Liam 2.0 is older somehow... ARGH! This show, I swear.

And I lolled at "Who are you?" "I am... no one." Because if Finding Nemo taught me anything, it's that Nemo means 'no one'.

• Love 3

You know, one of the things that bugs me about this show is the consistent message that you should stay with abusive, controlling parents/spouses because your continual forgiveness with change them into who they are in your imagination.

Major *facepalm* to Belle's ambiguity over Rumple. He just threatened her and she's still unsure about their future. I was so terrified that after Snow said "You hope?" she would give a speech about loving Rumple like she did with Stepmother!Regina. 

Though obviously from the last scene, they should've just held on to those shears ...

Those shears are just the Author Pen from 4B. 

So, I guess the show is going with the whole, people weren't LITERALLY frozen inside the bubble during the curse, just didn't age. But then Liam 2.0 is older somehow... ARGH! This show, I swear.

Cora said: "You won't even notice. You'll be frozen, like all those in this corner of the land."

Edited by KingOfHearts
  • Love 5

The episode was good, and kind of cohesive actually.

But the timeline took me out of it. The second that note about it being during the time of the Dark Curse came up, I was basically done. Because WTF! How large was that damn bubble? I get that it was probably like Storybrooke where people could move, come and go as they please, but man.

Also, 2.0? I rolled my eyes hard at the whole thing. Glad those who wanted closure on that got it, but it made zero sense timeline wise. 

• Love 2
1 minute ago, snarkastic said:

And I lolled at "Who are you?" "I am... no one." Because if Finding Nemo taught me anything, it's that Nemo means 'no one'.

I hope Nemo wasn't involved with Jaqen H'ghar and that silly Game of Thrones storyline ...

• Love 3

This episode was weird mix bag for me. Some good, some eh, some yuck. 

The EQ making out with Rumple? Talk about a Halloween horror. I think I am forever traumatized. Sooooo thought Belle was going to walk in and witness that. Yoooo. lmao

Timeline Whimeline. Whatever, I give up trying to maintain the timeline on this show. 

At least it was nice to see Hook and Liam at the end civil with each other. Then of course Liam and Nemo reunited. Aaawww. 

Henry annoys me.

The stuff with Aladdin and Jasmine just bore me. 

• Love 4

Finally a Captian Hook episode I LOVED after some bad ones. 

LIAM 2.0!!!! Liam 2.0 is bit of a moron. He stabbed Nemo, and blamed it on Killian. But I am sooo sooo happy that Liam 2.0's story got resolved. Those Jones boys sure got some good genes. ;-) I loved Captain Nemo, and I'm glad he made it out of the episode alive. The timeline is shit, of course, but we're going to have to ignore that. Sigh

Poor Snow got relegated to the C plot again. 

The manufactured angst with Henry in the beginning was stupid, but am glad it was over by the end of the episode.

That Regina/Gold kiss almost made me throw up. The EQ wants Snow's heart. Ho hum...

Jasmine/Aladdin romance is still blah. Agrabah is perhaps the kingdom in the snowglobe in Gold's shop.

It's ridiculous EQ knew where Hook had hidden the shears (really, Killian?), and how she knew where to get it back. What deal with sea-creatures? Nonsense.

So glad the secret-nonsense is done. I thought Emma looked sad that the shears were really gone. 

• Love 7

So if the Evil Queen wants Snow's heart does that mean she needs Charming's part of it too?  I hope there is something new here because this is getting old. 

Thumbs up to not going the cliche route of having Belle see the kiss.  Thumbs waaaaaaaaaay down on making me see the kiss.  Shudder.

I am glad the game of hide the scissors ended quickly but how does Regina know everything that happens everywhere?  I admit I tend to zone out when she is monologue-ing so perhaps I missed the explanation of this new found skill.

The Henry and Killian angst would have been better if we had seen any hints before this that Henry had issues with Hook.  And Henry's line about how important it is for Emma to be the Savior did not make me happy.  How about she is important because she is your mom and loves you?  Not sure if it is intentional or just poor writing but the love Emma's family gives her seems pretty conditional - which might be why I dislike most of them most of the time.

• Love 10
4 minutes ago, ParadoxLost said:

So WTF show…  How did Liam 2.0 grow up and Hook get kidnapped to the Nautilius in that time?

All I can figure is that the Nautilus was outside the Coradome when the curse was cast, then about ten years into the curse, it somehow got into the Coradome.

5 minutes ago, Worsel said:

Why did EQ adopt a southern belle accent in her scene with Rumple?  It was odd and took me out of the scene for a few seconds.

Yeah, all I could think is when/why the Evil Queen turned into Blanche Dubois.

5 minutes ago, gik910 said:

Henry is the fucking worst.  You helped Hook pick out the house! You went to the Underworld to help your mom save him!  Quit being a sanctimonious little prick.  “You’ll never be a part of this family”...to the man that actually helped you deal with losing your dad.

That really did come out of nowhere. Yeah, Henry said a couple of things back in season 4, but since then, while he hasn't exactly been all "Dad!" with Hook, Hook eventually becoming a part of the family shouldn't be any kind of surprise to Henry, and he's had plenty of opportunity to object before now, or even to not make it happen. Instead, he's been facilitating it, with picking out the house and trying to help bring Hook back to life.

5 minutes ago, Senna said:

Though obviously from the last scene, they should've just held on to those shears ...

That's why I didn't have a problem with Hook keeping them last week. It was the sensible thing to do, though he should have secured them better. And how did the Evil Queen know where they were?

4 minutes ago, snarkastic said:

And I lolled at "Who are you?" "I am... no one."

I thought that meant that Nemo was an assassin.

If Belle had walked in on Rumple with the Evil Queen, it would have been such a cliche, but at the same time, I was hoping she would because it might have put an end to any wavering about him.

So, are we going to be seeing little brother again, or will we assume he's there in town but we never see him again?

I'd say that overall, this one wasn't bad, but it was sort of lackluster. I wanted a bit more out of Nemo, but he didn't really do anything.

• Love 4
6 minutes ago, snarkastic said:

That's what Nemo means though, No One. 

How did he even get on the ship without anyone noticing? And was Hook doing cake runs for Cora during the dark curse?

• Love 1

Well that last line....Snow's heart is not entirely her own anymore.

I don't know how it fits in the timeline, but I was glad to see a follow-up story about Liam 2.0! So, will we see Liam in Storybrooke now, or will he disappear never to be seen again?

I liked the Henry/Killian interactions. I'm trying not to blame Henry too much for acting like a teenager.

Yay for domestic scenes.....finally! More please!

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, Mrs. de Winter said:

Henry's line about how important it is for Emma to be the Savior did not make me happy.  How about she is important because she is your mom and loves you?  Not sure if it is intentional or just poor writing but the love Emma's family gives her seems pretty conditional - which might be why I dislike most of them most of the time.

Yeah--that made me roll my eyes so hard.

1 minute ago, Shanna Marie said:

All I can figure is that the Nautilus was outside the Coradome when the curse was cast, then about ten years into the curse, it somehow got into the Coradome.

Hmm... I can go with that. 

8 minutes ago, Mrs. de Winter said:

And Henry's line about how important it is for Emma to be the Savior did not make me happy.  How about she is important because she is your mom and loves you?  Not sure if it is intentional or just poor writing but the love Emma's family gives her seems pretty conditional - which might be why I dislike most of them most of the time.

This annoyed me, too.

What is it about "saviors" in Onceverse that makes the people in their lives love them so conditionally?  Because if it's accidental, it's pretty consistent.

What does Jasmine want from Aladdin?  His "saviorness."  What does everyone (but maybe Hook) want from Emma?  Her "saviorness."

So, being one of those means a short, miserable life where you never get to be happy yourself, and the people in your life are more interested in what you can do for them and others, than in you, yourself?

Yeah.  Most of the people in this episode should just never be allowed to talk to Aladdin or Emma again.  

• Love 2

I'm not going to get on the show for having a realistic character driven episode because they almost never do it and griping when they do one would be hypocritical of me since I gripe when they don't.

Its normal to have an adjustment period when a BF moves in with your Mother no matter if you liked him before.

Teenagers are annoying.

I did LOL when Henry came around to helping Hook when he admitted to killing his father.  Because Henry (eyerolll)

• Love 4

I was busy making cake pops so I didn't pay super close attention, but I liked parts of this one. 

Wet Hook without a heavy jacket? More please.

I don't know what Aladdin and Emma were doing. Didn't seem important. Emma's dress was kind of hideous.

Henry confuses me, but that's nothing new. Glad he came back to help Hook. I cheered when Hook pushed him in the water.

I was actually surprised when Liam showed up, but his story was wasted. I can think of a dozen more interesting ways to have that character appear. Of course the writers decide to resolve Hook's family issues in two scenes.

This show does not know how to build suspense. Hook lies about the shears at the end of an episode, and his lie is discovered within the first ten minutes of the next one. At least Emma understood why he did it, but that shows how unnecessary it was for the writers to have Hook hide the shears in the first place.

Evil Queen kissing Rumple had me shouting "My eyes! My eyes!" Do. Not. Want.

• Love 10

I got interrupted near the end of the show and once saw parts of everything after Hook knocked Liam out.

How did they get to the point where Liam no longer (I presume) wanted Hook dead in the hospital scene?

Hook said Nemo would be in Storybrooke.  I thought Nemo was dead.  Did he make a reappearance by the end?  Or was that something Hook said to try to stop Liam from killing him.

Did they reveal who David found in the woods?

• Love 1

I have a hunch that the Regina and Gold kissing and flirting scenes were filmed well before they had any idea how badly fandom would be skeeved out by it. I predict that they will disappear sooner than later (I hope).

Edited by Jul 68
Proper grammar is a good thing.
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, ParadoxLost said:

I got interrupted near the end of the show and once saw parts of everything after Hook knocked Liam out.

How did they get to the point where Liam no longer (I presume) wanted Hook dead in the hospital scene?

Hook said Nemo would be in Storybrooke.  I thought Nemo was dead.  Did he make a reappearance by the end?  Or was that something Hook said to try to stop Liam from killing him.

Nemo was in the land of untold stories presumably in stasis and was transported with the others to Storybrook - and found bleeding in the forest, brought to hospital and saved by Dr. Whale.

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, XrystalPond said:

As for dislikes...I am never a Regina/EQ fan, but seriously...the acting and direction choices with the fake southern accent were horrible. Who thought that was a good idea? What would the EQ even know about that accent? And we should have gotten a warning label before that kiss. I don't need that negativity in my life. 

I thought that they were doing more than a Southern accent.  It seemed like they were going for Scarlet O'Hara specifically.  But if they were, I didn't really get whatever the point of it was.

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, Worsel said:

Nemo was in the land of untold stories presumably in stasis and was transported with the others to Storybrook - and found bleeding in the forest, brought to hospital and saved by Dr. Whale.

Didn't he also say something about Hyde? I didn't catch that part.

• Love 1
Just now, Rumsy4 said:

Didn't he also say something about Hyde? I didn't catch that part.

Hyde somehow intercepted them and took them to LoUS instead of them going to Mysterious Island.  I think.

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, ParadoxLost said:

Little Liam woke up in the hospital to find Hook beside him and realized that Hook didn't kill him when he could have, and was surprised that Hook was sitting there, watching over him. 2.0 said that he realized that if he'd killed Hook in front of Henry, he'd have done the same thing to Henry that Hook did to him. Then he learned that Nemo was still alive -- he was the man David found in the woods, and he was saved by Dr. Whale in surgery. There was also the fact that the way Hook was with Henry, which made Liam realize Hook had changed, and Hook said he was looking after Henry to make up for what he'd done to 2.0.

I've got to wonder why Evil Queen needs Rumple's help to get Snow's heart. Maybe if she didn't spend her time sitting around at the spa, she might get more done.

• Love 5
1 minute ago, snarkastic said:

I think my fave part of the timeline shenanigans will be watching A&E try to explain it away.

As Once fans, we often have to take our joy where we can find it.  Hopefully their contortions are especially entertaining, because the season hasn't been, so much.  :)

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, Worsel said:

Hyde somehow intercepted them and took them to LoUS instead of them going to Mysterious Island.  I think.

I thought the Mysterious Island was the Land of Untold Stories. The key they found looked like the other keys that have been used to get to the LoUS. I guess Nemo stayed in stasis that whole time. What Hyde did was send them to Storybrooke, so Nemo was no longer in stasis and would likely die.

• Love 4

Have not watched yet but I'm glad Emma wasn't upset and understood Hooks actions. If she'd been upset with him she'd be a hypocrite. Hello she did the exact same thing to him last season by turning him into a DO and then erasing his memories.

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, mjgchick said:

Have not watched yet but I'm glad Emma wasn't upset and understood Hooks actions. If she'd been upset with him she'd be a hypocrite. Hello she did the exact same thing to him last season by turning him into a DO and then erasing his memories.

Which is why I (and you will) appreciate her saying that she would have done the same thing.

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, Shanna Marie said:

I thought the Mysterious Island was the Land of Untold Stories. The key they found looked like the other keys that have been used to get to the LoUS. I guess Nemo stayed in stasis that whole time. What Hyde did was send them to Storybrooke, so Nemo was no longer in stasis and would likely die.

Which makes no sense either.  On the one hand they are saying that in the LoUS the stories stopped and Nemo was in stasis.  On the other hand, people from Storybrooke went there and stuff happened and Hyde did stuff to people.

And they loaded the wounded guy onto the dirigible and then abandoned him, why?

• Love 3

The fake Southern Belle stuff from the EQ was awful and totally took me out of every scene. that was some bad acting, writing and acting , I found it awkward a hell.

I liked the Hook parts a lot but I wish the writers would make up their mind about Hook and Henry. Right now i feel its Henry likes Hook unless the plot calls for him to be a brat. 

• Love 4

That's Henry and David about Hook in a nutshell.

Thry never did that with Henry and Robin because they didn't care to write that nor did they make David be all caveman over protective Dad over the guy who actually screwed his daughter over because they just didn't care to do it.

Edited by mjgchick
  • Love 1

I kind of give Henry leeway because he has Rumple's genes and was raised by Regina, so of course he'd have these moments.

Also, the timeline stuff was fine at first, since Hook killing his father came before Regina made her first failed attempt at casting the curse, so there was plenty of time for Nemo to come in and adopt Liam 2.0 and get out of range of the curse so that Liam 2.0 could grow up in the ensuing years.  But THEN we get to the people in the Cora dome suddenly being able to move around and not be frozen in place like was suggested before, and even IF we were willing to accept this retcon, how did the Nautilus make it back through the Cora dome!?  I know, I know....the MST3K mantra applies here.

Edited by Mathius
  • Love 4
3 minutes ago, Tiger said:

It takes true effort to be that bad.

Evil Queen going after Snow White = this is the last season.

Wait, what's that bad?  The episode, or the EQ going after Snow White again?

25 minutes ago, Worsel said:

20 minutes ago, Shanna Marie said:

I thought the Mysterious Island was the Land of Untold Stories. The key they found looked like the other keys that have been used to get to the LoUS.

I too think the Mysterious Island was the LoUS. It probably has different names. 

I guess Nemo stayed in stasis that whole time. What Hyde did was send them to Storybrooke, so Nemo was no longer in stasis and would likely die.

Hmm... Wouldn't Liam 2.0 know that Nemo was in Storybrooke now? Did Hyde bring the Nautilus over too? It was poorly thought of as usual. But I'm not nitpicking as I normally do becasue I liked the episode. ;-)

Edited by Rumsy4
  • Love 1
Just now, Mathius said:

Wait, what's that bad?  The episode, or the EQ going after Snow White again?

The episode.  It was boring, had terrible acting from the guest and regular cast, and didnt make any sense.

Though I will say, the cgi for the kraken was good.

Well, if nothing else, this episode at least gets point for going ahead and having Hook admit he tried to keep the magical shears and Emma forgive him for it.  So didn't want to drag out forever and make their relationship take a hit for it.  Of course, even after he (and Henry) finally get rid of it, it is back in play thanks to the Evil Queen getting it to bribe Rumple.

That said, this seemed like a strange time to suddenly have Henry be jealous over Hook and his relationship with Emma and the idea of him being his new "dad."  Wouldn't that have been something that should have been addressed a long, long time ago?  Because they're at the point now where Hook sacrificed his life for her and she took a family trip to the Underworld to get him back.  Henry should know that their relationship is serious and that Emma is important to Hook.  The entire thing just felt out of place.

Flashback wise, I figured the officer was going to end up being the other Liam (really, how does the age thing even work?), but I loved seeing Faran Tahir as Captain Nemo!  He's one of my favorite actors, and it was extra nice seeing him play a character who was decent, and not evil, since he's usually the go to guy to play some variation of a terrorist, gangster, shady businessman, or, really, anyone up to no good.  I'm glad he's still alive, but with this show, he could never be seen again.

So, now The Evil Queen's plan now is to take Snow's heart, which I guess make sense (for her), and maybe that might actually require Snow to do more then just hang out and give various characters advice, which she currently seems stuck doing at the moment.  But it requires her making out with Rumple, which, ew.  Also, I know her fake southern accent thing was her being jokey, but it was kind of weak.  I was more amused my Rumple's non reaction to that entire bit.

All the stuff with Aladdin and Jasmine was pretty much a nonentity, although I'm not going to complain about more Jasmine.  Karen David is so gorgeous.  But Jafar has to be in Storybrooke somewhere, right?  

• Love 2

There was really no point for Zelena to be in this episode.

I don't understand what Rumple is planning to do to Belle and why he needed the shears. I thought he had the power of all the Dark Ones. He seems to have less power than he did before.

For all the hype, the Aladdin and Jasmine story isn't amounting to much. 

• Love 6
13 minutes ago, Rumsy4 said:

I too think the Mysterious Island was the LoUS. It probably has different names. 

Yes, the Mysterious Island was the LoUS, Hook flat-out said it was in the episode. 

I don't understand what Rumple is planning to do to Belle and why he needed the shears. I thought he had the power of all the Dark Ones. He seems to have less power than he did before.

It would certainly help if we know how the damn shears even worked!

But Jafar has to be in Storybrooke somewhere, right?  

Well, he certainly can't be in Agrabah, now that we know there is no Agrabah anymore!

Edited by Mathius
  • Love 1