Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E12: Blood, Debt And Tears

Tara Ariano
  • Start Topic

Oh, the "bitch, please" look on Quintin's face when the Sheriff and his toady tried to handwave the plumbing fiasco away as "this sort of thing has never happened before."  We hadn't had a flood in my neighborhood during my lifetime (in fact the last 80 years), but when it happened, people took it upon themselves to make sure elderly people they didn't even know had water.  In any kind of organization, let alone one that has the responsibility of utter control of incarcerated human beings, that just showed unconscionable lack of leadership at every single level.  I would have expected the COs to band together and get water if their command failed to do so.  

I must believe that more was said on that topic and the producers are continuing to try to pacify the powers that be so that they can remain in there, or get access to other prisons by not totally throwing them under the bus (though that seems doubtful).

I liked that Dion said that some of the COs were professional and respected.  This matched the pleasant tone of the guy who came to collect Quintin, asked who he was, said "God bless" and chatted pleasantly with him about what a happy day it was, instead of screaming at him to get his things and hurry.

I appreciate Monalisa wanting to distance herself from Ashley losing her damn mind in the final days over that baby beater, but I don't know what she thought she was doing talking to her about her charges -- what answer was she expecting? And even if she found the woman sincere -- why would the other women believe her, or care? 

Sheri is like a crazed Nancy Drew.

Edited by kassa
  • Love 5
40 minutes ago, kassa said:

Oh, the "bitch, please" look on Quintin's face when the Sheriff and his toady tried to handwave the plumbing fiasco away as "this sort of thing has never happened before."  We hadn't had a flood in my neighborhood during my lifetime (in fact the last 80 years), but when it happened, people took it upon themselves to make sure elderly people they didn't even know had water.  In any kind of organization, let alone one that has the responsibility of utter control of incarcerated human beings, that just showed unconscionable lack of leadership at every single level.  I would have expected the COs to band together and get water if their command failed to do so.  

I think Quintin said a lot more to them, that scene was so obviously edited.  Quintin probably gave them an earful. 

When Dion saw Quintin get released, did he realize he was in the Program too?  When Dion first saw Quintin, he thought he was a serial killer.  I think a lot of the inmates stayed away from Quintin as well.  I remember when he first came in, one of them said, "look at that big black guy," and the other made a comment about the movie, "The Green Mile."  If Quintin is THAT big, I'd be scared of him too.

• Love 6

That was my impression at the beginning, but by the end we saw Quintin chatting quite amiably with Dion and others -- whether that was the anomaly or whether they simply chose to portray him as the silent, looming, broody type because he didn't give them anything dramatic to hang storylines on, I have no idea.  

• Love 1

I was so relieved that Dion was one of the first inmates released; I actually breathed a sigh of relief!

I still don't understand how the sheriff doesn't already know these things about his own COs.  Most of them are terrible at their jobs and really don't care to do better.  I understand how he doesn't know what the inmates are doing (other than the bathroom/shower power trips because last season's inmates gave that exact feedback) because his COs are so crappy he never hears about it.

As I sit here, listening to my office mate loudly biting and crunching her apple, I understand a tiny bit how hard it must be to keep from losing your mind day after day with nothing else to do.

• Love 8

Dion fleeing the pod is exactly how our retirees behave when they sign their retirement papers after 30yrs.  "Y'all can have alla this shit on my desk! Damn that stapler, screw that mouse pad.  Keep all of it! Just get out of my way and let me at that door"!

Edited by Brooklynista
  • Love 7

Any thoughts on why Quintin was so adamant about not wanting to leave any of his stuff for the other inmates?

Does anybody know if there will be a third installment?

How is Ryan surviving if he doesn't eat?  I know I couldn't eat that crapola they serve.  Maybe I should get locked up for a month or two to drop a few.

I'd like to see the participants when they first meet their fellow fake inmates to see if they say, "WTF?!?! You're one of us?  Damn!"

Finally, as soon as Monalisa left the real inmates were all like, "She was a plant.  A fake!"  How did they know this and why didn't they confront her while she was still locked up?

So many questions.....

• Love 4
3 hours ago, slasherboy said:

Any thoughts on why Quintin was so adamant about not wanting to leave any of his stuff for the other inmates?

Does anybody know if there will be a third installment?

How is Ryan surviving if he doesn't eat?  I know I couldn't eat that crapola they serve.  Maybe I should get locked up for a month or two to drop a few.

I'd like to see the participants when they first meet their fellow fake inmates to see if they say, "WTF?!?! You're one of us?  Damn!"

Finally, as soon as Monalisa left the real inmates were all like, "She was a plant.  A fake!"  How did they know this and why didn't they confront her while she was still locked up?

So many questions.....

Just a guess here, but it might have something to do with none of the other inmates doing anything for him. I could have missed something.

No idea if there will be a third one. At this point, the only way they could pull it off is to film at another jail. I bet we will find out soon.

Im guessing that he does eat, but is trying to put on a show that he doesnt. 

As far as Monalisa goes, I asked a few friends who have each taken multiple trips to the county jail. They both said once you have been in awhile, you can tell when someone first walks in if its their first time in jail for anything. When you have nothing to do but watch others, as they put it, you learn to read people. They said you also learn to mind your own and keep as much as you can to yourself. Last thing an inmate wants is another inmate they dont get along with finding out personal info.

Again these are guesses

1 hour ago, Mamarazzi said:

I must have completely missed it. When did Monalisa find out that Ashleigh and Sheri were also in the program?

If I remember correctly, Ashleigh and Sheri figured it out and pulled Monalisa aside and told her they knew

• Love 3
On 10/28/2016 at 0:18 PM, Neurochick said:

I think Quintin said a lot more to them, that scene was so obviously edited.  Quintin probably gave them an earful. 

When Dion saw Quintin get released, did he realize he was in the Program too?  When Dion first saw Quintin, he thought he was a serial killer.  I think a lot of the inmates stayed away from Quintin as well.  I remember when he first came in, one of them said, "look at that big black guy," and the other made a comment about the movie, "The Green Mile."  If Quintin is THAT big, I'd be scared of him too.

I love Quintin!

Edited by Lion18
  • Love 4

Surprisingly inept writing. Seems the writer either has no background in police, DOC, or first response or has not watched entire series.
Jeff Cty Sheriff took over a corrupt prison. Knew CO's involved, which is why outsiders brought in to evaluate. He did not expect perfection from his staff. Not at all. He is disappointed by many.
Ashleigh has a new baby at home, has been emotional, understandably the charges of abuse against the new Conner would hit her hard. She wanted the new inmate in isolation for her safety. Agreed. She should be. I felt like I could take out aggression, confusion, and general craziness of sewergate out on a child sbuser. I, for one, do not believe people are put in jail pending trial unless there is sufficient evidence against them. And the way it looks? She is guilty of abuse or allowing abuse.
The exit interviews last for an hour, minimum. We see about 60 seconds.
If you check out Ryan's social media, he is doing just fine and has many fans. Transitioned well and successfully.
Dion unraveling? Because he didn't flush the toilet? Hmm. Well, he seems to be doing quite well also, gained valuable perspective.
The only downfall of Season 2 (besides there not being a Season 3 in Jefferson County), is Sewergate. It's never happened before, everyone suffered. MonaLisa, who despises authority, was given a thick mattress upon her arrival, and she was shocked. But she is back to disliking the system because of the emergency.
No doubt the Elected Sheriff will have P&P's in place in case of another emergency. The CO's will eat a lot of crow, many handled it poorly. The Sheriff makes no apologies for them (do you watch the pre/after show?)
Yes, good information learned by the Sheriff. He expected it. The jail he took over was corrupt to the highest power. He deserves props for putting these issues in the public eye.
Great guy, he wants to make it better.
As for Ryan, the point you seem to be missing, he is doing dangerous things, and if backstabbed, would be expected to retaliate against inmate(s) which would land him in jail. He was advised not to have a store, Ryan found a loop-hole. Dangerous. I like him. But if I was responsible for his wellbeing, he would frighten me.

• Love 1
On 10/29/2016 at 11:20 AM, PoshSprinkles said:

In two seasons I can't believe none of the guys have figured out that there were other participants while the women figured it out almost right away. 

It might just be motivation. Women seek safety in numbers, and the men could not have used the same tactics to sniff out other plants.

On 11/3/2016 at 10:08 PM, Chewy101 said:

It might just be motivation. Women seek safety in numbers, and the men could not have used the same tactics to sniff out other plants.

What's funny to me is that they all grouped together regardless of if they knew they were in the program or not. 

A true sign of crazy is when someone does a real life 180 for no apparent reason. And, the craziest girl in the unit flip-flopped on Vega for no reason whatsoever. The others, intimidated, followed her lead. (I'm referring to that young girl, the queen of the upper tier inmates ~ clearly the angriest in the bunch ~ and of course she became her BEST BUDDY! At least it distracted her from beating up Ashleigh.)

As for Ashleigh, I understand where she was coming from. She had enough street smarts to realize that Vega had lied like a rug and was most likely guilty. OF COURSE she was going to lie. Let's sit down and find out this girl's story... if she's not beyond hurting her own baby, she's not beyond lying. (Brain injuries like the ones allegedly inflicted by them are SO devastating and will affect that baby for the rest of his life!) Ashleigh was missing her own new baby like crazy so the sight of this mother pushed her over the edge. Then watching everyone treat her like royalty for no reason truly made her feel as though she had fallen down the rabbit hole.