Type keyword(s) to search

S33.E06: The Truth Works Well

Tara Ariano
  • Start Topic

Upset! Figgy will get lots of attention from Probst at the Reunion, but she is out of the game. Thanks, Ken!

Still not that invested in this season. We still have fourteen of these fools left, ranging from challenge beast Michaela to challenge s*** David. Like the guy a lot, but he's lucky to have an idol.

Hannah gets a scare on the sideline of a challenge? Between that and Michaela chewing her out, this was not her episode.

"Figtails"? That's almost clever. How long did it take for them to come up with that?

• Love 7

Ssooooooooo.  Apparently I'm psycho in love with Ken?  Out of nowhere?  Because my reaction when he was on the chopping block tonight was EXTREMELY embarrassing.  All these women cut from the show.  Oh dear.  I was cheering for Ken's LIFE tonight - usually I want the woman saved but not today ladies, I really apologize.  I think I'm in love.  I'm such a weirdo. 

This episode was so good.  Michaela is the Queen of Everything and my Everything.  I CRIED when Brett said "There's nothing you can't do."  God, I love her.  And she was so cute when she grabbed the cookies.  That Immunity challenge was awesome.  I loved it, and I barely care about the challenges or can follow them.

I think I'm in love with most of the Millennials.  Either way tonight, we were going to lose someone very good-looking.  I might even like Taylor.   I might even like Jay.  The guy who cried about his mother.  Who's the sad sack guy?  Will?  (Sorry about all the names.  Sincerely.)  I'm very very happy right now.

I continue to be a huge fan of Zeke, I'm still a fan of Adam, and now, begrudgingly, I have to admit that Michelle is just so sick at this game.  (I resisted the Cool Kids for so long.  Everyone's appeal is going to really go up without Figs around I think.)

What was Michaela's quote?  "Yeah, but there's 3 of them.  If they can't get along, then they deserve to go home."  Something like that LOL

adam.jpg

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 12

Bye Figaroo! I won't miss your smugness and big mouth. Thanks Adam for saving Ken. 

Michaela killed it again but I think the snarky remark she made to the Millennials on the other team might come back to bite her in the ass later. 

• Love 10

Well hopefully now that Figgy is gone the target that she drew on Michelle's back will be lessened.   Tht was one of the more dumber things I have seen on Survivor when they met up at the reward challenge.

• Love 7
6 minutes ago, Lamb18 said:

Adam cried about his mother. She has stage 4 cancer.

No, the guy who found the idol, is the one I am speaking of. I believe he cried about wanting to be a provider for his family.  Jay.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 2

Squeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

I sat here and said:  Oh, this is just stupid Survivor stretching out a foregone conclusion. . .  Adam's too scared to have "all the mils be mad" at him. . . A million to one it's going to be Ken. . .

Gasp!  YAY!!!  My sincere apologies, Adam; you da' man!

• Love 14

Michaela killed it again but I think the snarky remark she made to the Millennials on the other team might come back to bite her in the ass later. 

I'm kinda surprised that neither that nor Figgy acting like a freak over Michelle came up at tribal.

So if Taylor had taken the hint and played along, how much farther would that marriage talk had gone?  I sorta think Jeff is oily enough that he might very well had pushed it.  (Or at least pretend married them just to see if they thought it was real.  And that would had been hilarious!)  

Edited by vb68
  • Love 6
1 minute ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

No, the guy who found the idol, is the one I am speaking of. I believe he cried about wanting to be a provider for his family, yes?

Yep that's Jay.  He has a mother and a sister he wants to help take care of and grew up without a father.  I liked him for a minute when he did that confessional.

• Love 7

Jeff was TOO in the wedding stuff.  It was almost like poisoning the tribal council against "Fig Tayls".  It was weird.  I don't know.  He went so far with it.  Yes, Figgy was right there, but uh.... I don't know.   Figgy kind of ended up not being good at this game, like at all.  I appreciate her passion but her head got lost in the game I guess.  Now we see what Taylor does.  Please nobody call him Tayls.  LOL.  (What is Figgy's real name?)

• Love 6

I found it highly satisfying to watch Figgy's (whose real name is Jessica, BTW) smug expression disappear with the very first vote against her.  I mean, who did she think Jessica and Ken were going to vote for?  Didn't it even occur to her that her name could be written down?!  And then her sniffling stroll away from TC...ahhhh, what a joy to see her torch snuffed and her toothy, Julia Roberts-ish smile leave my screen.  Thank you, Adam!!

• Love 23
6 minutes ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

Jeff was TOO in the wedding stuff.  It was almost like poisoning the tribal council against "Fig Tayls".  It was weird.  I don't know.  He went so far with it.  Yes, Figgy was right there, but uh.... I don't know.   Figgy kind of ended up not being good at this game, like at all.  I appreciate her passion but her head got lost in the game I guess.  Now we see what Taylor does.  Please nobody call him Tayls.  LOL.  (What is Figgy's real name?)

I think Jeff thought "Fig Tayls" might actually say yes and they'd be able to have a "Survivor first" with a wedding onscreen.  Jeff loves having Survivor firsts and being able to promote them.

Edited by KaveDweller
  • Love 8
4 minutes ago, Marmiarmo said:

I found it highly satisfying to watch Figgy's (whose real name is Jessica, BTW) smug expression disappear with the very first vote against her.  I mean, who did she think Jessica and Ken were going to vote for?  Didn't it even occur to her that her name could be written down?!  And then her sniffling stroll away from TC...ahhhh, what a joy to see her torch snuffed and her toothy, Julia Roberts-ish smile leave my screen.  Thank you, Adam!!

That was priceless.  Like, how dare they vote for me!  Ken should have voted for himself, and Jessica should have voted with us.  she isn't the first one to have that reaction at seeing her name pop up, but really, did people not realize it's part of the game?  Also, Jeff has become more unbearable this season.  Which I didn't think was possible.  I didn't know if the wedding talk was because he thought it would be a great Survivor moment, he's trying to seem young and hip like he knows what's going on, or if he was trying to put a target on Figgy's back.

I was surprised Michelle and Figgy pretty much outed their alliance.  Not sure if it'll hurt Michelle.  No one this season seems to have loyalty (give or take), and a lot of playing for themselves, which is refreshing.

• Love 6

I think Jeff thought "Fig Tayls" might actually say yes and they'd be able to have a "Survivor first" with a wedding onscreen.  Jeff loves having Survivor firsts and being able to promote them.

That's exactly what I was getting at.  I think that was at least partly why Jeff was pushing it as hard as he did. 

No one this season seems to have loyalty (give or take), and a lot of playing for themselves, which is refreshing.

I think Ken is coming across very well because he seems like such a solid, loyal guy.  I notice he included David's name in his pitch to Adam. I know he needed to say he had some numbers, but I totally buy that he's loyal to David, Jess, and now with Adam.

Edited by vb68
  • Love 12

Got to laugh at you Taylor...you didn't even get a kiss goodbye....tells you how shallow that relationship was at least on her part.

As for him I can honestly picture him trying to get voted out in the future so he can go make hay with Figgy at the Ponderosa.

I knew Ken was not going home...I feel there is much more story for him ahead. The thing I didn't get was...with all due respect to Jess...why was he the target? Why would you vote out your powerhouse at challenges?

The very sight of David is starting to annoy me. He was dead to me when he said "We would have lost if CeCe were here.". Excuse me but YOU SIR are the one who would have lost that challenge for you team if Michelle hadn't been able to shot call the puzzle to make up for your dismal performance. We get it SURVIVOR...you want to have this seasons TAI or this seasons COCHRANE but you are trying too hard with this guy and he doesn't make the cut.

Ending on a positive note....I believe since last episode that Michaela is getting the winner's edit when they had that confessional about her and her family. I am even further convinced tonight when they chose to air the heavy set cop saying "There's nothing you can't do." I don't think that was random...I think it was there to telegraph that everything includes winning this season of SURVIVOR. I hope so anyway.

• Love 6

IDK what's going through David's mind when he's doing challenges because his performances have been dismal. When Probst says strategize it doesn't look like they're doing that when it comes to David. It would be best to put him where the least amount of effort is made, preferably sitting on the sidelines cheering but then I think he'll manage to mess that up.

• Love 2
46 minutes ago, LadyChatts said:

That was priceless.  Like, how dare they vote for me!  Ken should have voted for himself, and Jessica should have voted with us.  she isn't the first one to have that reaction at seeing her name pop up, but really, did people not realize it's part of the game?  Also, Jeff has become more unbearable this season.  Which I didn't think was possible.  I didn't know if the wedding talk was because he thought it would be a great Survivor moment, he's trying to seem young and hip like he knows what's going on, or if he was trying to put a target on Figgy's back.

I was surprised Michelle and Figgy pretty much outed their alliance.  Not sure if it'll hurt Michelle.  No one this season seems to have loyalty (give or take), and a lot of playing for themselves, which is refreshing.

That was all Figgy. Once she said that there was was really not much Michelle could say at the point.  It definitely hurt her game because Zeke immediately went into "I need to get Michelle out because she is dangerous" mode. The question is with Figgy now out of the game is still Zeke still going to target her.

• Love 5

I don't know if the Survivor editors are getting worse or I'm getting better at reading them, because I found all that extremely telegraphed. I mean, Ken got barely any screen time compared with Figgy's massively disproportionate amounts. I didn't even have much suspense watching the challenge because we'd gotten so little of the orange tribe compared to the purple tribe (and there had to be a reason The Hook-Up that Dare Not Speak Its Name was revealed other than to make my eyes roll into the back of my head).

My completely unspoiled feeling is this is a millennial's game to lose, but they're starting to remind me of the massive alliance Russell Hantz took down on his first loss. The minute you start acting mob-like about your numbers is the minute you start losing. Unless your name is Boston Rob, on the fourth try.

• Love 9

Such a satisfying boot.  I loathed Figgy pretty much from the start.  But just when I thought she couldn't be any more smug, she proved me wrong.  Openly flaunting her alliance with Michelle.  Nodding along when Jeff said Millenials looked in charge.  Being so confident that she wasn't going home.

I loved that she lost both challenges for her team.  I loved that Adam didn't cave in the wake of Taylor's threat.

I think the show wants me to root for Hannah, but I just can't.  So there was nothing physically wrong with her at that reward challenge apparently.  She just got a panic attack... while sitting on the sidelines and doing absolutely nothing.  Then Michaela had the right idea at the immunity challenge and Hannah was all hurt and offended.  Get over it.

David and Hannah are the two most physically useless contestants left.  They really just can't do anything.

• Love 12

I didn't even have much suspense watching the challenge because we'd gotten so little of the orange tribe compared to the purple tribe (and there had to be a reason The Hook-Up that Dare Not Speak Its Name was revealed other than to make my eyes roll into the back of my head).

Heck, I got a feeling when they stressed so heavy on the "previously on Survivor" recap that Adam said he knew he was the deciding vote between two duos.

• Love 3

Zeke is annoying me no end.  First off, fanboying over Chris, then gloating how he's in the power seat.  I so hope he's out early.

Probably not a good idea for Figgy to say she's friends with somebody on another tribe.

You can't call yourselves a power couple. God, Figtails is annoying.

Damn, Michaela, calm down!

So they had a woman that had just had a massive panic attack, working on that maze?  Jeez.

Bye bye, Figgy. Though they should have voted for Taylor, not Figgy, Taylor is going to be out for revenge.

Aw,  cry, cry, cry.

• Love 5

They pretty much had to put Hannah on that maze. Do you really think she would have done better climbing up that pyramid, knocking the bags off and then carrying them to the beach?  She should have been the one sitting out the immunity challenge rather than sitting out the reward challenge.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, vb68 said:

That's exactly what I was getting at.  I think that was at least partly why Jeff was pushing it as hard as he did. 

I think Ken is coming across very well because he seems like such a solid, loyal guy.  I notice he included David's name in his pitch to Adam. I know he needed to say he had some numbers, but I totally buy that he's loyal to David, Jess, and now with Adam.

I guess what I mean is, people aren't just automatically siding with the majority for the sake of numbers.  Some people seem to be weighing pros and cons going into TC and doing what they hope will be in their best interest.  Whether it helps long term, I don't know.  Figgy/Taylor had no real loyalty to Adam.  After the Mari vote it was clear where he stood.  David I'm iffy on, because while I think Ken will be loyal to him, I don't know if David will continue to be loyal to Ken in the long run.  I still question if David really is such a doofus, or if he's just doing one hell of an acting job because the show convinced him the viewers love the nerdy, fish out of water types.  That said, I still like the guy.  Right now, there's no one I actively dislike, which I believe is a first in a long time.

Hannah can go next.  She adds nothing, and I see her just being dragged around the game.  I guess she might make a good goat in the end.

• Love 5
28 minutes ago, mishap said:

I don't care that Michaela was rude,  or abrupt or anything.  They won, so she did what she needed to do.  I don't think Hannah was too hurt by it.  It was working.  Do you remember that episode when Hannah was trying to tell the boys why she did what she did. They just needed some time to process, and repeatedly asked her, nicely, to please be quiet, and that they wanted to talk about it later.  And she would not stop.  So maybe Michaela knows she needs to talk to Hannah in a very abrupt manner,  to get through to her. 

And meanwhile Hannah was overcompensating, trying to prove her worth after her panic attack. It was inevitable that those two would butt heads.

Michaela is great at challenges but she could use a little diplomacy. And Michelle is pretty darn good at challenges too, leading her tribe to two come-from-behind victories despite her team's (i.e. DAVID's) incompetence. Too bad she's in such a precarious position within her tribe.

David, how bad can you possibly be??? I'm beginning to believe Zeke's suggestion that he's throwing the challenges for some reason. It's unbelievable he's so bad.

But it looks like we could end up with a mega-alliance of outcasts at the merge: David, Zeke, Adam, Jess, and Ken, along with Chris. If only we could get Michaela in there too.

Edited by Lingo
  • Love 12

I think when the merge happens if they're still in that Michaela, Ken, and Chris will be targeted first because they're threats physically. So I think that they might be on the outs and nobody will want to form an alliance with them. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Bryce Lynch said:

Michaela was a bit rude but I think Hannah needed to be shushed and bossed around.  Michaela knew what she was doing and Hannah didn't.  Sometimes results are more important than feelings.

I loved how Probst tried to stir up trouble, saying she was "barking orders" at Hannah.  She said "I love Hannah, but sometimes people need to shut up." (Probably aimed at Probst as much as Hannah).  She also told Hannah, "I'm trying to make you win."

Hannah, much too her credit, seemed to understand and took it well and did her part to get the win.  

And I think it speaks well of Michaela that the first thing she did after they won was to grab Hannah in a hug and apologize. I think Michaela is awesome, like Bret said, there's nothing she can't do, and she can say sorry too. I think it might end up being her downfall, but she's such a straight-shooter as well, her remark about there being three Millenials and if they couldn't figure out how to stick together then they deserve to go home made me laugh a lot given it was in response to Tayls's whiny pouty complaint about how there are Millenials on the purple tribe too.

Happy to see Figgy leave. Not because I hate attractive women who are adored by men or I'm a bitter loser still mentally stuck in high school or I can't understand the pain of the pretty athletic people, because she is annoying as fuck and would be just as much so if she were an ugly loser man. See ya and your ginormous wart-mole that was all I could see when you were onscreen, Prom Queen!

Ken seems to trust David a lot by mentioning him to Adam and wanting Adam to trust in people he's never spent time with before. I hope it doesn't come back to bite him because David is so oily and sneaky I'm surprised he's not slithering and sliding down the beach.

I don't even know what Bret and Sunday are doing in this game, they seem to do so little in the way of strategizing or gameplay. On a positive note...they seem nice?

Edited by pamplemousse
  • Love 15

I couldn't help feeling like Adam is TV-aware enough to be giving the producers and editors options to work with in his interviews - like, "here's what I can say to make it seem like I'm siding with FigTayls, but here's an alternate interview where I mention I'm tempted to work with Ken and Jess instead." 

• Love 3
58 minutes ago, Silver Raven said:

Bye bye, Figgy. Though they should have voted for Taylor, not Figgy, Taylor is going to be out for revenge.

Aw,  cry, cry, cry.

Taylor seems a lot dumber than Figgy. He may be out for revenge, but I doubt he'd be able to pull it off.

9 minutes ago, Fiftyninth said:

I couldn't help feeling like Adam is TV-aware enough to be giving the producers and editors options to work with in his interviews - like, "here's what I can say to make it seem like I'm siding with FigTayls, but here's an alternate interview where I mention I'm tempted to work with Ken and Jess instead." 

I feel like the producers or whoever interviews them during confessionals prompt them to do stuff like that. They must ask, "tell me everything on your pro/con list about each option you have." Even in some final three votes they get the person to say something about voting out the person they will obviously not be voting for.

• Love 4

I continue to love and root for Michaela. I think most of the other tribe members, old and new, just know that it's who she is and don't take it personally. I mean, she had that fight with Figgy in the first (or second?) episode, but everything was cool after. She could tone it down during the challenges, but I totally get the frustration in the heat of the moment and as long as she comes through in the end, they'll probably get over it.

Which, I'm loving that she's the clear comp beast this season. It'll make her a target later on, I'm sure, but for now, I'm enjoying her dominating all the comps.

• Love 7

Ha.  Stupid and obnoxious is no way to go through life, and fortunately will not be on my TV anymore.  Plus Ken is one of the few entertaining people in this cast, so glad he dodged the vote.

Also: someone who brags about kicking ass at puzzles was actually good at a puzzle.  That's like the third ever.  Welcome to Eliza and Penner's puzzle club, Michelle.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, Lamb18 said:

I remember now. I was thinking he was Figgy's boyfriend until I realized the bf is Taylor, not Jay. I guess FigJay doesn't go as well as FigTayls.

Pretty sure Jay was thinking the same thing at the beginning. I remember him getting really upset that Taylor had kissed Figgy. It seemed like more than poor strategy upsetting him.

Very glad Ken is still around. My ideal final 5 are Ken, Michaela, David, Michelle, and Jay. Don't really care about the order that everyone else goes.

• Love 2
5 hours ago, ShadowSixx said:

She needed to go and it brought me such joy, what a beautiful episode.

Agreed, this was even better than if we saw them draw different colored buffs since this was permanent. Hah.

Michaela may be the Challenge beast and her tribemate (couldn't tell who said it?) was right when they said "You can do anything!" to her. But, Michelle, she is like the silent wreckingball. Which makes Figgy the anti-Michelle. Figgy actively screwed up both challenges tonight. That is why I would have voted her off, girl is useless. And yeah this result gave me a good laugh!

We also got a bonus Bushbaby Jessica response shot too. Win win.

Edited by Wandering Snark
  • Love 8

I love Ken and didn't want him to go, but I don't think getting rid of Figgy helps Adam any. It helps GenX, but not Adam.

Wasn't Ken bottom of his tribe before merge? I don't think Adam's move was smart, Ken's supposed to keep him safe in a merge? Has Adam thought of the Millennial's aligning after the merge and where he'd fall? He'd fall with Ken, who the Gen-X'ers were going to vote out. 

Adam just watched Michaela help 2 Millennial's win immunity. He should have stayed at the "cool kids" table until they picked off everyone else. Adam now put himself in a target position.

• Love 2

Don't like Figgy but I legitimately can't stand Taylor. I have absolutely no clue what he's doing out there. The life that kid must live is so far removed from my little sphere of reality, even his mundane comments irritate the living shit out of me. Despite all that, I'm sure that if he and Figgy weren't a "power couple," Adam would have voted with them. They hastened their own demise with their nauseating behaviour and probably took spots away from two far better players in casting.

I still can't decide on David, he seems to change from stupid to savvy one week to the next. I'll leave it to you to guess which one next week is. Michaela kicked ass yet again, but if she's not careful she will rub someone the wrong way, that's just the way it is.

"Figtales", yuck. Pray I never have to hear that again.

• Love 4
Just now, Artsda said:

I love Ken and didn't want him to go, but I don't think getting rid of Figgy helps Adam any. It helps GenX, but not Adam.

Wasn't Ken bottom of his tribe before merge? I don't think Adam's move was smart, Ken's supposed to keep him safe in a merge? Has Adam thought of the Millennial's aligning after the merge and where he'd fall? He'd fall with Ken, who the Gen-X'ers were going to vote out. 

If Adam had gone with the Millennials until the end, he'd have been at the bottom. Figgy already said, "Anyone who writes down Figgy is gone," and Adam was one of the two who wrote her name down. If the tribes hadn't shuffled, Adam or Zeke would already be voted out.

Michelle, Taylor, Jay, and Will are all that's left of the original Millennial alliance. Adam, Zeke, Michaela, and Hannah were never really part of that. (Despite what Michaela says, she helped Michele and Zeke, not Figgy, on purpose.) Adam and Zeke have both made alliances with Gen Xers, so they have a shot in a remix. Unless the others all end up on the same team, they're likely to be picked off.

• Love 9
3 hours ago, KaveDweller said:

Unfortunately for us, there's always the reunion show, the perfect setting for a faux wedding.

• Love 1

Just remembered that while they can't compete with the horror that was the bad tattoos alliance/bro-ship (the owners of whom I won't give the glory of naming) last season, Jessica when you can see her back shows she has some really bad coverage of huge tattoos that have been hiding most of the season.

Today it was easier to see them and it looks like she has some kind of a really kindergarten looking panda scene tattoo on her lower back and then a rather large cherry blossom branch(?) on her upper right of her back. They in no way 'work' together either. It just looks a mess. What are these people thinking, ever heard of planning and/or going to someone who might, I don't know, do a good job?

• Love 7

As Figgy said her final words and mentioned that FigTayls was no more, SimplyMom glanced up from playing card games on her laptop and said, "I'm devastated" in perfect no affect Ken tone. 

I don't think tribal fractures in the Millennials are as clear cut as some people think. Yes, Adam and Zeke were, in theory, on the bottom due to the Mari vote, but Figgy (the catalyst for those fractures) is now gone and I suspect there are way more pressing people to vote out. Also, from secret scenes it seems Jay and Zeke get along well, and Michaela seems to get along okay with most people despite her sometimes abrupt personality. They seem to understand and appreciate her.

Bret is the one who said to Michaela that she "could do anything." He also said, "Wow, this guy can do everything!" about Jay when they were building the new camp and was super-appreciative of Michaela starting the fire. (Well, they all appeared to be.) The glimpses of Bret that we've gotten in Ikabula have all been pretty tribe and player positive. Granted, they haven't had to go to TC yet. He mostly strikes me as fodder, but he seems fairly genial in the Ikabula setting. I feel like his personality and game are both driven by the people around him based on the tiny, tiny bits we've seen.

Damn, Figgy. Way to put a target on your ally. Michelle handled it the best she could, but that was damaging.

Ken actually showed me he had a real sense of humor this episode! He laughed! It was awesome and made my heart sing. Go, Ken.

Glad Jay has the idol. I can't really see how people mix up Jay and Taylor. Jay is the one who thinks and appreciates people (and in a secret scene referred to Michaela as a Greek goddess after she made fire.) Taylor is the golden retriever in human form.

• Love 14

I can't stand Michaela.  She's got a chip on her shoulder a mile deep and she has absolutely zero social game.  I'm guessing she's never watched this show before.  I'm looking forward to post-merge when her athletic prowess makes her threat #1.  Sorry, I know you mostly all love her.  

I was thrilled to see Ken survive.