Type keyword(s) to search

Teen Mom OG Reunion

honeydo7
  • Start Topic

I have a mental illness (PTSD). It is a legitimate medical issue. I'm honestly tired of selfish, trashy assholes like Amber using things like BPD, a very painful mental health disorder usually resulting from childhood sexual trauma, to excuse their disgusting behavior and outbursts. It hurts the many actually suffering people with these disorders, the vast majority of whom are victims of others' cruelty, not abusers and horrible parents. And I hate Drew 10x more for not only enabling and perpetuating but actually instigating that crap. 

• Love 16

I actually really felt for Cate when Drew (that poser) was asking April what she regrets about Cate's childhood.  The fact that April point blank refuses to apologize for the horror show that was Cate's childhood was really fucking sad.  What kind of mother has zero remorse for being an addict during the majority of her child's life, resulting in a steady stream of abuse of that child by both herself and her steady stream of addict partners?  I have serious doubts about April's sobriety after that . 

• Love 18

The sad thing is, Cate is now neglecting Nova. Cate may not be a full blown addict like April was, but there are issues there pertaining to alcohol and pot use that is beyond recteational use and it interferes with Cate's overall well-being. That affects Nova. Nova gets tossed aside to April the addict much like April the addict dumped her son with Catelynn. The dysfunction continues with the next generation.

No sympathy for April 2.0

• Love 11
On 11/29/2016 at 11:04 PM, AhFillAck said:

I laughed at how the segment went on, Cate squashed down into the couch more, resembling Jabba the Hutt in quicksand. I'm not sure what was happening but it amused me.

Maybe it was a 600-Pound-Life thread, where there were discussions about people who actually grew to their couch.  I wondered if that's what I was seeing.

23 hours ago, GreatKazu said:

Well, to be fair, Drew asked them about having more kids due to those two clowns having mentioned it in the anniversary scene. There were at least two other mentions of them talking about having more kids. So, chances are they will be asked about those comments. 

The conversation continued where Cate pointed out it was Tyler who wanted more kids, which Tyler acknowledged was true. The three continued talking and Drew then mentioned he got the feeling Tyler wants a son, and there was Tyler acknowledging that fact as well.

The last thing C&T need is another kid, so I don't see why Drew would say anything other than, "You're young, you still have lots of time to think about that."  Reminded me of when he was trying to get, was it Adam and Chelsea?, back together.  This man knows no limits when it comes to bad ideas.

Plus, I hate it when people express a preference for a certain sex in a baby.  I don't think it's going to scar the young one for life or anything, but any child of C&T has enough strikes already--no sense in adding "I'm not what he wanted" to it. 

I know a couple who recently had a baby and they didn't know what sex their baby was until it came out.  I thought it was cool.

• Love 6
9 hours ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

The last thing C&T need is another kid, so I don't see why Drew would say anything other than, "You're young, you still have lots of time to think about that."  Reminded me of when he was trying to get, was it Adam and Chelsea?, back together.  This man knows no limits when it comes to bad ideas.

Plus, I hate it when people express a preference for a certain sex in a baby.  I don't think it's going to scar the young one for life or anything, but any child of C&T has enough strikes already--no sense in adding "I'm not what he wanted" to it. 

I know a couple who recently had a baby and they didn't know what sex their baby was until it came out.  I thought it was cool.

Absolutely agree with this comment. all of it.  My daughter just had a baby and did not find out the gender. Most people were shocked at that, and I think didn't believe it (they thought she was keeping it a secret). I have always had a problem when someone says they want boy or a girl. I have known so many people who had problems having children- would have been delighted to have any- and then to hear someone say oh I want x or y is just scary to me. You want a healthy baby is what you want. 

But Dr D really seems to have lost his way - bad judgement bad comments all around.

Edited by mayvenne
  • Love 7
26 minutes ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

Maybe it was a 600-Pound-Life thread, where there were discussions about people who actually grew to their couch.  I wondered if that's what I was seeing.

Knowing that this show is highly edited, Drew may have mentioned that to them. The splicing of that scene was obvious. One moment Cate was sitting upright discussing the heifer comment and then suddenly  Drew brought up the baby question.Suddenly,  Cate was shown slouching and lying deep into the couch.

We also watched how much Cate and Tyler cut each other off and throw the conversation into a different direction. They rattle on and on.  The editors are likely hard-pressed with what will air versus what ends up on the floor.

Tyler did say they have plenty of time to have another kid and how they have "a lot of emotional bullshit to figure out."

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 4
16 hours ago, mamadrama said:

@guilfoyleatpp not that I do not agree with you but I recently learned something about the white wedding dress...

It was NOT meant to signify purity or anything like that. Peeps used to get married in ordinary dresses because they only had a few to start with and all had to be recycled. When one of the queens wore a white wedding dress, however, it became all the rage because, being white, it obviously could not be worn again-they just did not have the means to keep them clean. After that, the white wedding dress became a sign of wealth cause it meant you could afford a dress you could only wear once. The purity thing came later.

Yes, it was Queen Victoria who wore a white wedding dress. A white silk dress was way beyond the reach of most. Though Victoria did use lace and other pieces of her wedding gown over and over again (an early re-purposer!). She also wanted to support British industry-her dress was completely British made. The popular press at the time ran with the image of their pretty, young girl Queen and lauded her choice of white as emblematic of purity and simplicity, which is probably where the "only a virgin should wear a white dress" trope comes from. 

See, Teen Mom is educational! 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Lm2162 said:

I have a mental illness (PTSD). It is a legitimate medical issue. I'm honestly tired of selfish, trashy assholes like Amber using things like BPD, a very painful mental health disorder usually resulting from childhood sexual trauma, to excuse their disgusting behavior and outbursts. It hurts the many actually suffering people with these disorders, the vast majority of whom are victims of others' cruelty, not abusers and horrible parents. And I hate Drew 10x more for not only enabling and perpetuating but actually instigating that crap. 

This 100%.  I could not omit a word.  I have bipolar disorder with the even-more crippling Generalized Anxiety Disorder.  These chumps try on mental illnesses the same way they get stupid tattoos.  It does the truly mentally ill such a tremendous disservice.

• Love 4
On 11/30/2016 at 2:07 PM, AirQuotes said:

Carly's bio sibling's pitiful existence is well documented.  If anything Carly will some day see these episodes and be even more grateful to B&T for her family.  She will not go running to C&T as they fantasize.  Maybe Nova will get old enough and run away to B&T. lol

We can hope so!  (Regarding Nova running to B/T!). Hell, come here Novalee...you're adorable!  I'd pay attention to you.

• Love 4

I enjoyed Amber calling out Farrah but she 100% ruined it for me when she couldn't even be mildly accountable for factual, inarguable things she does. Honestly she reminds me of my narcissistic parent. Every conversation with Amber is the same: Someone enters into a normal human dialogue with her about normal human things. Gary wasn't saying a single insulting word. He specifically said he knew she was depressed and he understood she couldn't be there for Leah. Ok, fine. But until you get that more under control enough to spend more time with your daughter and be reliable, I can't just give you 50% custody. I mean, I don't understand what Amber wanted. For him to just say on the stage right then, you know what, just take primary custody, you are a perfect angel? ...? 

Then Amber hears a FACT about herself she doesn't like. She doesn't always pick Leah up when it's her time, for instance. Cue the IMMEDIATE emotional meltdown, threats, rage, and victimized performance. She was asked multiple times why she was upset. No rational answer. Not even an irrational one. Just "I'm done." Honestly like my hormonal meltdowns as an anxiety ridden 13-14 year old, but from a 26 year old self righteous mother. And on national television. And in response to zero provocation. Zero. 

Then she comes back and treats Christina condescendingly (also, shut the fuck up Dr. Drew with your "mom to mom" bs, you are not only an actively awful therapist but offer deeply harmful advice), shoving it in her face that she was with him before and somehow "knows" he doesn't help the poor dear and insinuating that that's why she's trying to take the burden off of Christina's shoulders. Thereby insulting Christina as an intelligent person and her husband as well. What. The. Fuck. Manipulative as hell.

Second delusion of the night was Cate thinking B&T don't want Carly around them not because their father is a woman beater and addict, they openly talk shit about them on TV and break the adoption agreement rules regularly, and still discuss Carly like she's their daughter, but because Carly might love them more because she idolizes them and that just be "hard for B&T as parents." No, sweetie. No. 

Oh. And we got the answer on whether they understood the Bethany adoption agreement. Yes, they did, and they were not manipulated in any way. Came straight from their mouths. They didn't even sign up for in person visits. That was just extra kindness from B&T. 

• Love 24
57 minutes ago, Lm2162 said:

I enjoyed Amber calling out Farrah but she 100% ruined it for me when she couldn't even be mildly accountable for factual, inarguable things she does. Honestly she reminds me of my narcissistic parent. Every conversation with Amber is the same: Someone enters into a normal human dialogue with her about normal human things. Gary wasn't saying a single insulting word. He specifically said he knew she was depressed and he understood she couldn't be there for Leah. Ok, fine. But until you get that more under control enough to spend more time with your daughter and be reliable, I can't just give you 50% custody. I mean, I don't understand what Amber wanted. For him to just say on the stage right then, you know what, just take primary custody, you are a perfect angel? ...? 

Then Amber hears a FACT about herself she doesn't like. She doesn't always pick Leah up when it's her time, for instance. Cue the IMMEDIATE emotional meltdown, threats, rage, and victimized performance. She was asked multiple times why she was upset. No rational answer. Not even an irrational one. Just "I'm done." Honestly like my hormonal meltdowns as an anxiety ridden 13-14 year old, but from a 26 year old self righteous mother. And on national television. And in response to zero provocation. Zero. 

Then she comes back and treats Christina condescendingly (also, shut the fuck up Dr. Drew with your "mom to mom" bs, you are not only an actively awful therapist but offer deeply harmful advice), shoving it in her face that she was with him before and somehow "knows" he doesn't help the poor dear and insinuating that that's why she's trying to take the burden off of Christina's shoulders. Thereby insulting Christina as an intelligent person and her husband as well. What. The. Fuck. Manipulative as hell.

Second delusion of the night was Cate thinking B&T don't want Carly around them not because their father is a woman beater and addict, they openly talk shit about them on TV and break the adoption agreement rules regularly, and still discuss Carly like she's their daughter, but because Carly might love them more because she idolizes them and that just be "hard for B&T as parents." No, sweetie. No. 

Oh. And we got the answer on whether they understood the Bethany adoption agreement. Yes, they did, and they were not manipulated in any way. Came straight from their mouths. They didn't even sign up for in person visits. That was just extra kindness from B&T. 

Thank you for that last paragraph. I kept forgetting to comment on that part of the show.

Yes, C&T have confirmed what some of us had pointed out - they understood the agreement and did not feel coerced.

That bullshit at the coffee house was due to their misunderstanding of what exactly B&T were requesting.

Still, I think there is more to it, such as visits being limited to maybe a two hour visit once a year or cut out completely for now, but C&T are not going to tell us that truth.

• Love 5
16 hours ago, Lm2162 said:

I feel like every time Amber and Cate especially ,open their mouths about their mental illness, it's like they're parroting whatever some hack therapist said them in regards to the subject or whatever they read on the internet. There is no deep understanding of what they've been diagnosed with; they just know all they have to mention their diagnosis  and it will absolve them of any responsibility.

Edited by FlowerofCarnage
  • Love 12
On 11/30/2016 at 11:59 AM, poeticlicensed said:

Everyone involved in TM is a whiny little bitch (except for the kids)

There are no winners in these twitter fights, they're all douchebags. Sure, some of what Simon says is funny, but it's like cheering on the mean girl in high school when she tells off the less popular kid, except it's adults. Simon is with Farrah for the fame and money, no different than Matt and Amber, the only difference is Simon doesn't have the age difference or the kids. They're all shitty people and choosing one over the other is like deciding if I'd rather cut off my right arm or my left.

• Love 10

Catelynn and Amber are very much like my estranged sister (I cut her out of my life because she is toxic).  It is very odd to me how they throw out their psych diagnosis anytime something isn't going their way or they are in a situation they don't like.  Anytime they are called out on their bullshit.

Like Catelynn with her weed.  Not that Dr Drew is a good doctor but even a broken clock is right twice a day.  When he was telling Catelynn how weed exacerbates panic attacks and anxiety and she ignored him.  I would have to go back and watch to see exactly what she said but it was along the lines of "Yeah, I've been told that but I want to "smoke a pin" some I'm going to."

Amber throws out her bipolar and borderline personality when it is convenient.  They never do anything to help themselves.  If they do go to counseling or therapy, they don't use it to gain insight.  They pick up just enough of the psych talk to turn it around on other people.

Edit:  Also with Amber she wants it both ways.  She wants to say not having time with Leah is what is making her so unstable, but who in their right mind would trust a person like her with their kid.  Get it together and stop making excuses or leave Leah and her family alone.

Edited by AirQuotes
  • Love 10
13 hours ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Yes, it was Queen Victoria who wore a white wedding dress. A white silk dress was way beyond the reach of most. Though Victoria did use lace and other pieces of her wedding gown over and over again (an early re-purposer!). She also wanted to support British industry-her dress was completely British made. The popular press at the time ran with the image of their pretty, young girl Queen and lauded her choice of white as emblematic of purity and simplicity, which is probably where the "only a virgin should wear a white dress" trope comes from. 

See, Teen Mom is educational! 

I believe this is also supposed to be the "Victoria" in "Victoria's Secret." Well done Pepper. 

• Love 3

@AirQuotes I was with Dr. Drew for a couple of things but then he always descends into crazy. He was actually encouraging Cate & Ty to have ANOTHER child. What the hell?!?!

I hate him even more than the girls. They're very dim witted. He is supposedly educated and experienced. What a douchebag. 

• Love 8

I'm not saying that Cate or Amber don't have the mental illnesses that they claim to have, I do think something is wrong with both of them. However, I think both of it has to do with being lazy couch loving food gorging women. Hey I love my couch and food too, but I work and work between two jobs anywhere from 60 to 70 hours a week. I'm constantly on the go. Yes I get depressed but guess what, I don't have the time or money to lay around and act like either of them. I think their diagnoses are by bullshit doctors. Seems they have one thing after another and use that shit as excuses to not exercise, not take care of their kid, lay around in bed or on the couch and eat. 

I'm not knocking anyone that has any of what they say they have been diagnosed with. It just seems funny to me they both constantly are diagnosed with a different disease. Just like fucking Jenelle. Then they use that excuse for the reason they act the way they do. No they are both shitty people who fucking lie and don't get up and be active of play and active roll in their dhildrens lives. 

And did anyone else catch Cate saying she had postpartum? So which the fuck is it postpartum or some other shit she looked up on WebMD on her fucking phone. And it seems funny like others have said, her anxiety and depression never hindered her from riding horses, smoking weed, going to Comic Con, walking on the beach, etc. 

Next month both will be diagnosed with something else. 

• Love 6
On ‎11‎/‎29‎/‎2016 at 7:32 AM, ghoulina said:

So yea, I was averse to theory that Cate was doing something stronger than pot, but now I'm not so sure. Dr Drew was throwing around a lot of "addiction" talk last night, but we were led to believe she only went away for help with her depression and anxiety. He kept talking about her needing to be sober - even mentioned alcohol. This seems like something pretty serious was going on, but what do I know? 

Dr. Drew is a big proponent of the 12 steps program.  In that program, if you are an alcoholic or addict, you are not to drink or take any drugs.  So, even if you do not have a problem with alcohol, just with drugs, you still can never take a drink.  It seems weird, but it goes with the whole "addictive personality" stuff - basically Cait needs to be totally sober, and Dr. Drew knows that she and Tyler know that and he is wondering why Tyler would give her alcohol.

I have a little bit of experience with this...

Also, Dr. Drew doesn't believe April is sober.  Neither do I, actually.  For her to say that after a lifetime of hardcore addiction, she is able to stay away from drugs by simply staying home, it does not add up. 

On ‎11‎/‎29‎/‎2016 at 8:15 AM, Quita said:

How is it that Amber and Matt can be on time for flights out of town and she can get to the hospital for her specified surgery time, but getting Leah to school in the morning seems like an impossibility? She's apparently able to pull herself out of her depression funk long enough to get her nails done and her hair dyed blonde. As a parent, I have a hard time understanding her laziness and selfishness.

It looks like she dyes her hair at home.  And it looks like shit. 

On ‎11‎/‎29‎/‎2016 at 8:19 AM, Trace said:

We having a saying in my neck of the woods Amber.  You can wish and want in one hand and then take a shit in the other and see which one fills up first. Amber was hammered on something that was obvious.  Again, Drew makes a fool of himself by looking into her eyes and proclaiming her sober.  Drew, you could not read a road map leading to your his ass even if it was drawn on your ass fool!!!!!

Amber was ABSOLUTELY not sober.  She may not have been on painkillers, but she was on something.  She was doing that thing she does where she squints her eyes, and does sort of a side-eye.  And she was getting way defensive; AND when called out for being defensive, she got SUPER angry.  The now "usual" Amber is not normally like that.

Also, she was slow on the uptake a few times, and her speech was a bit off.

We can all tell when she is on something.

• Love 16

I put off until yesterday watching what I knew would be a complete shitshow. It did not disappoint. I also think Amber was on something. She was just off, especially when the camera zoomed in on her when she was complaining about Farrah. That part also seemed rehearsed. I think she and Matt wrote down some lines for her to say to bash Farrah. There's no way she would be that articulate without some help and coaching (not that she was that well spoken, but for her, not bad). 

I also don't understand why she's so confused about Gary's reluctance to leave Leah at her house on school night and give her more time. You suck at adulting, Amber. No reason for Leah to suffer because of it.

Oh, Cait. You try so hard to look hip, and you look like a clueless cougar trying to blend in at a college bar. She reminds me of some girls I grew up with. Their clothing and makeup is some sort of white-trash phenomenon. They take a popular trend and do it as badly as possible. Red lipstick is very in right now, and Cait managed to find the most garish shade she could. Girl, stop. Use some of your munchie funds and get a makeover and learn what clothes work best on your body. I'm short and a little overweight, so I get it, but we just can't wear whatever we want and expect it to look good. AND FOR THE LOVE OF EVERYTHING HOLY BUY A GOOD BRA!!!

Last thing. Caitlynn saying Carly idolizes them and thought she looked like a princess made me think of my own wedding. A little girl and her brother who were there told their mom the same thing about me and all that weekend talked about my dress, saying I was like a princess, etc. etc. They saw me two weeks later at a rodeo and neither one of them even recognized me. That's about as important at Princess Cait is to Carly right now.

• Love 17
19 hours ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

Yup. He is notorious for pushing dumb shit upon these girls. He's supposed to be a doctor. No matter what Tyler or Catelynn said about it, why is he pushing a woman who supposedly had severe PPD, and is STILL struggling with depression, to have another baby???? She doesn't even care for the one she has. He's an idiot. And dangerous, quite frankly. 

• Love 9

As if Cate and Tyler would listen to Drew anyways. He advised Cate to not drink or smoke pot, did she listen to that information? No. He advised her about needing meds and med adjustments, but she does not care. Those two do what they want, when they want. I don't care who advises those two yahoos, they will still do their own thing. The only people who can tell these two shits anything are B&T, and we saw how well that played out. At this point, Drew is just as useful as Nessa. To think he has any hand in what any of these girls should do or that his words penetrate their skulls, is sorely mistaken.

Drew could scream at them to never have babies again or never smoke pot again, we know they will.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, ghoulina said:

Yup. He is notorious for pushing dumb shit upon these girls. He's supposed to be a doctor. No matter what Tyler or Catelynn said about it, why is he pushing a woman who supposedly had severe PPD, and is STILL struggling with depression, to have another baby???? She doesn't even care for the one she has. He's an idiot. And dangerous, quite frankly. 

Yup. He always wanted Ryan and Maci to make it work for Bentley. And he wanted Kail of TM2 and her husband Javi to stay together and also was pushing another baby on her. 

Edited by WhosThatGirl
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, GreatKazu said:

As if Cate and Tyler would listen to Drew anyways. He advised Cate to not drink or smoke pot, did she listen to that information? No. He advised her about needing meds and med adjustments, but she does not care. Those two do what they want, when they want. I don't care who advises those two yahoos, they will still do their own thing. The only people who can tell these two shits anything are B&T, and we saw how well that played out. At this point, Drew is just as useful as Nessa. To think he has any hand in what any of these girls should do or that his words penetrate their skulls, is sorely mistaken.

Drew could scream at them to never have babies again or never smoke pot again, we know they will.

Fair point. These idiots clearly don't listen to reason. But I still think as a supposed medical professional his behavior is often inappropriate and reckless. 

• Love 7
1 hour ago, ghoulina said:

Fair point. These idiots clearly don't listen to reason. But I still think as a supposed medical professional his behavior is often inappropriate and reckless. 

I can't even take Drew seriously anymore. He has it right now and then such as with the weed, anxiety, addiction, and those sort of things but overall, watching him and these reunion shows, it is just a farce. It has turned into a Real Housewives type of show including the reunions. They might as well bring Andy Cohen to host instead of Drew. 

• Love 13
3 hours ago, GreatKazu said:

I can't even take Drew seriously anymore. He has it right now and then such as with the weed, anxiety, addiction, and those sort of things but overall, watching him and these reunion shows, it is just a farce. It has turned into a Real Housewives type of show including the reunions. They might as well bring Andy Cohen to host instead of Drew. 

Yes. Regardless of what the girls would do, he is hugely embarrassing. He is an embarrassment to mental health care. I feel sad that some people might watch him and think he's a professional. He gives such horrible advice, it's basically an abuse of his profession. He's a reality star, not a doctor, educator, academic, etc. 

I really do think Cate has some unresolved major trauma (well, we do know she was abused multiple times for a fact) and is actually depressed. That doesn't excuse her behavior, at this point I can't stand her and I'm still angry at her for increasing the stigma against mental illnesses AND adoption. I'm really sorry to say this and I know it's just my unfounded opinion, but Amber, I don't believe it for a second. She does not have BPD or bipolar disorder. She's just an awful person. 

Edited by Lm2162
  • Love 9

Exactly @Emmierose! I hate Farrah but her porn career is not one of the reasons. I don't shame sex workers but regardless of your opinions on porn/sex work, Farrah was making money perfectly legally and not in the vicinity of her daughter. Many moms have to make money stripping, etc. That is not in any way comparable to abandoning your daughter because you went to jail after being on drugs for her ENTIRE life, neglecting her to the point of criminal neglect, and beating her dad. Who do Cate and Amber think they are when they make those kinds of comments? I'm sorry, are you so fucking high and mighty? What the hell have you done? At least Farrah and Maci have associates degrees and SOME form of paid work besides MTV. 

• Love 14
1 hour ago, mayvenne said:

I totally thought Amber was not sober.

And one more point- compare and contrast how Amber was dressed and how Christina was dressed.

So on point.

Very good point. Christina was dressed to chase after children.  Amber was dressed to chase after Matt.

• Love 24

Christina is a class act, honestly. Gary grew on me, he used to have some issues with passive aggression and he seemed very immature. I also didn't like that he flirted with Amber after getting with Christina. Disrespectful. But I think she's had a good influence on him. 

• Love 12

Why was Amber acting like they HAD to live in the fancy neighborhood? Poor Leah had to ask her mother to move to Anderson. Then they said all that mattered was that they were closer to her school. Don't they ever get her or drop her off at home?  We've seen it plenty of times. I'd move my ass to the house next door if that were my kid. If I had all the money they claim to have I'd buy out someone on Gary's street. I think Amber is using. It's tough to get a taste of the old opioids and claim that you felt nothing for them. 

Seriously? Where is this young woman? With all that stupid lipo she can get back to looking like she's under 50 and not playing Bette Davis as Baby Jane.

IMG_1211.JPG

IMG_1213.JPG

• Love 5

And she loves to make the excuse that she will never look like that again because she was on drugs. Well, people lose weight (especially with her lipo - although there wasn't a damn thing wrong with her regular boobs). And she had pretty healthy hair with a little red tint to it, and gorgeous blue eyes. She looked her age. She does not now at all ... she looks like a bad cartoon character. Hell I didn't even mind the fake tan. Until she got really bad - she was orange, loaded with zits, and discovered the horrendous eyelashes. And I STILL think that was a better look than now.  

• Love 8
5 hours ago, EmeraldGirl said:

If I had all the money they claim to have I'd buy out someone on Gary's street

Well I guess that's kind of the problem, since she doesn't have anything and can't legally own anything under her name with all the taxes she owes . It's all just for the show with her, showing off how much money she has, showing off with cars and house in a nice area, showing off how much she wants to be a mom, but the mean Gary doesn't let her, I bet as soon as the camera stops rolling it will all be gone, money, cars, house, Matt and her "motherly love"

Edited by FakeAccount
  • Love 2

I think Cate was probably abused by the people April brought around and is running from those feelings. No one around her seems aware that that might be an issue. As far as I know it's never been brought up but I do watch this show out of the corner of my eye while doing chores. The people I know that suck on weed vapes all day have pretty obviously untreated PTSD.

• Love 7

I wonder if April said the saddest thing Cate had to say in her treatment was her dad leaving was because Cate didn't say anything about April really. Cate has a tendency to protect April and not go into the past. April can't even watch old teen mom episodes. I understand it's not fun to look back at the awful things you said and have to rehash it but it's for sure a way to deflect situations. Amber has done the same thing refusing to watch cold episodes on specials.

• Love 5
35 minutes ago, WhosThatGirl said:

I wonder if April said the saddest thing Cate had to say in her treatment was her dad leaving was because Cate didn't say anything about April really. Cate has a tendency to protect April and not go into the past. April can't even watch old teen mom episodes. I understand it's not fun to look back at the awful things you said and have to rehash it but it's for sure a way to deflect situations. Amber has done the same thing refusing to watch cold episodes on specials.

Actually, she was very much enjoying some old clips of herself at her worse during the recent "Ask the Moms" special two weeks ago.  

I found it in very poor taste and very disgusting to watch that bitch sit there and laugh as an old clip of her was shown. It was a scene of her cussing out Gary and resorted to name-calling. The old Amber who once professed to Dr. Phil her regrets for behaving in such a manner, no longer exists. Instead of feeling sorrow for physically abusing her ex, she now seems to take great joy at watching how abusive she was to him.

Edited by GreatKazu
was not is
  • Love 10

Really? I didn't see the special. I just remember the special before the first OG season and all moms watched past episodes. April left when they got to the episodes of teen moms first season and said he would come back, she never did. And Amber on her special refused to watch any teen mom. Gary I remember said something about how he was watching them but she didn't have to and he thought that wasn't fair. He was also watching them with his mom who looked upset when watching Amber berate her son. 

• Love 1
19 hours ago, WhosThatGirl said:

Really? I didn't see the special. I just remember the special before the first OG season and all moms watched past episodes. April left when they got to the episodes of teen moms first season and said he would come back, she never did. And Amber on her special refused to watch any teen mom. Gary I remember said something about how he was watching them but she didn't have to and he thought that wasn't fair. He was also watching them with his mom who looked upset when watching Amber berate her son. 

I think it depends on the circumstances. Amber is not going to sit there and watch old episodes of herself being abusive if she is then going to have to then discuss it. During the "Ask the Teen Moms" special, Amber is there with Nessa, not someone like Dr. Drew who will surely ask her about what was shown. Amber may have felt it was light-hearted, nothing where she would have to respond to any questions about her behavior and receive backlash.

Watching episodes on my DVR, it just dawned on me why Gary seemed at times to be a bit hesitant during the reunion when giving his reasons as to why Leah is not in Amber's care all that much. I know his reasons and they are legit reasons, but I just watched the scenes where Leah mentions to Gary how she is not too enthusiastic about  wanting to be at Amber's home. She mentioned how they sleep in, she is bored, etc.  Then, there was the other scene where Gary mentioned to Leah that at any time she wants to spend more time with Amber, all she has to do is let him know and he will let her go.

It seems Gary was trying to not mention those facts to Amber. I bet it was because Amber watched those scenes and was livid. We know Amber is paranoid and suspicious. She must have called Gary and blamed him for Leah saying such a thing. If Leah doesn't say "I love you" it is some sort of conspiracy. If Leah doesn't want to spend time with Amber, it must be Gary's doing.

Gary did a great job at just pointing out the facts without having to mention how Leah has feelings and her feelings are that she doesn't want to be around Amber all that much.

• Love 14

Late to the party, I read all comments and then watch so I can pay attention to the good stuff. Sad Panda is such a hack. Predicting now that Ambie will continue to see less and less of Boo Boo and that will only be good for Leah. Gary has stepped up and made a good home for his two daughters and Christina seems like a great mom and partner. Why is Ambie so pissed at Farrah from the get go? I was always rooting for Farrah before the porn and unneeded surgeries, and I still think in some ways she is the most self-aware of these group besides Maci. Can we please hold Amber to quitting?

• Love 1
3 hours ago, jacksgirl said:

Late to the party, I read all comments and then watch so I can pay attention to the good stuff. Sad Panda is such a hack. Predicting now that Ambie will continue to see less and less of Boo Boo and that will only be good for Leah. Gary has stepped up and made a good home for his two daughters and Christina seems like a great mom and partner. Why is Ambie so pissed at Farrah from the get go? I was always rooting for Farrah before the porn and unneeded surgeries, and I still think in some ways she is the most self-aware of these group besides Maci. Can we please hold Amber to quitting?

Amber has misdirected anger at Farrah. It is Matt who is really pissed at Farrah for talking to Amber about how he contacted her on Twitter and tried to make moves on Farrah, the same way he did with Jenelle and eventually Amber. Amber took the bait. I can see Matt getting on Amber for even talking to Farrah about that Twitter shit. He likely took it to an abusive level. Now, Amber has to defend Matt at all costs, which is pretty damn sad.

Gary had to have concerns about that whole mess with Matt's son living with them because of Leah's safety.  Going by the Cray Gardens episode, Gary does ask Amber "What about Matt's son?" right after he asks her if she can pick up Leah from school and take her to her home. Amber says he has moved out with his girlfriend and "we don't see them much anymore" to which Gary responded, "good".

None of that was mentioned on the reunion show, although I chalk it up to either editing or Gary was just being careful because we know Amber takes everything so damn personal and is so quick to erupt.  I bet Gary didn't allow Amber to have Leah over her house while that other scumbag was there, but Amber made it all about her depression.

• Love 7
8 minutes ago, jacksgirl said:

Thanks Kazu, I think I  know lots more about these people than I should. Gary really does think hard before he speaks to and about Amber and Leah. He has matured over the past years.  

Your welcome. By the way, Amber did give her reasons as to why she is mad at Farrah. She mentioned some things in the beginning of the reunion about what Farrah supposedly said and tweeted. I don't remember the details.  Bottom line, Amber is siding with Matt because she has to. She is also pissed that Matt went after Farrah and Jenelle. She will never admit it and she denies it all the time that it doesn't bother her, but we can see how she is bothered and is insecure of her looks. She is now doing what Farrah has done - plastic surgery, going blonde, getting implants, trying to look glamorous.

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, GreatKazu said:

Your welcome. By the way, Amber did give her reasons as to why she is mad at Farrah. She mentioned some things in the beginning of the reunion about what Farrah supposedly said and tweeted. I don't remember the details.  Bottom line, Amber is siding with Matt because she has to. She is also pissed that Matt went after Farrah and Jenelle. She will never admit it and she denies it all the time that it doesn't bother her, but we can see how she is bothered and is insecure of her looks. She is now doing what Farrah has done - plastic surgery, going blonde, getting implants, trying to look glamorous.

I'm positive it pisses her off that Matt went for the skinny ones first and she was the last choice. The chunky choice. The only dummy that bit.  So now she has to convince us that the other two missed out on the man of every girls dreams.

• Love 9

I haven't seen this first part of the finale yet since I didn't know or forgot it was on last week so am recording tonight. Sounds juicy based on everyone's comments. But holy fuck, what the hell has Amber done to herself? I wonder if Matt actually finds that attractive.

As for the BS about buying that house from an investor. OMG. She really thinks people are stupid.

• Love 1
On 12/2/2016 at 9:31 AM, toodywoody said:

Seems they have one thing after another and use that shit as excuses to not exercise, not take care of their kid, lay around in bed or on the couch and eat.

This.  I belong to a terrific bipolar/depression support group and common topics of discussion are how to DO the types of things you mention (exercise, take care of your kid) in spite of the illness.  

Edited by bethster2000
Noun/Verb Agreement: it's important.
  • Love 2