Type keyword(s) to search

Teen Mom OG Reunion

honeydo7
  • Start Topic

Amber, don't flounce if your ass can't make it through the door.

Meaning: Don't "quit" when you know you have nothing else to rely on. You'll be back faster than Maci was after her "protest."

Amber knows Gary is telling the truth so she tries to get Dr. Drew to feel sorry for her and because he is too empathetic, he goes running. Those seasons of Celebrity Rehab taught him nothing as far as manipulation goes. If Amber pretends she can't handle life, it directs attention away from the fact that she's a shitty mother.

Edited by Meatball
  • Love 18

Amber was so right about Farrah and about Drew not calling her out, but Amber is so, so gross.  (When she was talking about how she rescued all those dogs as if she's some kind of saint, I rolled my eyes so hard they almost stuck that way.)  I am so torn!  I think I'll just hate them both.  Matt and Simon are disgusting also.  

• Love 5
2 hours ago, GreatKazu said:

Amber needs to be committed. She is whack. She is all over the place. She harbors such animosity towards Gary. I can see her seething with anger as she sat there. That girl is unstable. 

See I don't think so.  I think she's fine; she's just lazy.  Similar to when Dr. Drew asked Cate why she seemed to be slacking off on aftercare, and she said something about being mentally fucked up, and he said no, I don't think so.  These girls always use anxiety and depression to excuse their neglectful or bad behavior, and they usually get away with it ("Monkey!). Dr. Drew was probably tougher on Cate this time because he did an intake with her before she went to rehab (and might have been somewhat involved with her care), whereas with Amber, who simply does not care about parenting Leah, because Drew doesn't watch the show, he doesn't know any of this.  I think Amber's animosity towards Gary was fear of being exposed.  Gary is Leah's full-time parent, and Amber didn't want Dr. Drew to hear how neglectful she is as a mother, so everything she said and did - yelling and sneering at Gary, crying, walking off - was a tactic of deflection.  She did everything she could to change the subject from her absentee parenting towards more sympathetic-sounding subjects like her martyred stance as a convict (?) and how mean and unfair Gary is.  And it seemed to work.  Responsible, father-of-the-year Gary was sidelined, and Amber came back out, hand-in-hand with Christina, relating and bonding over being mothers.  

Edited by LotusFlower
  • Love 23
32 minutes ago, LotusFlower said:

See I don't think so.  I think she's fine; she's just lazy.  Similar to when Dr. Drew asked Cate why she seemed to be slacking off on aftercare, and she said something about being mentally fucked up, and he said no, I don't think so.  These girls always use anxiety and depression to excuse their neglectful or bad behavior, and they usually get away with it.  ("Monkey!). Dr. Drew was probably tougher on Cate this time because he did an intake with her before she went to rehab (and might have been somewhat involved), whereas with Amber, who simply does not care about parenting Leah, because he doesn't watch the show, he doesn't know any of this.  I think Amber's animosity towards Gary was fear of being exposed.  Gary is Leah's full-time parent, and Amber didn't want Dr. Drew to hear how neglectful she is as a mother, so everything she said and did was a tactic of deflection.  

I don't believe the mental issues. I have mentioned that before.

I am pointing out Amber is whack and unstable. My committment comment is about Amber needing to be put back in jail. Not that she needs a mental facility. Amber looked like she wanted to go after Gary. Her anger towards Farrah just shows her instability and lack of anger control. 

Amber has no control over Gary anymore, and she cannot handle the fact he holds all the cards. He can out her at anytime, and he nearly did but not because he wanted to.it was Amber pushing the issue over and over that Gary had to point out facts. That was the trigger.

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 16
9 minutes ago, LotusFlower said:

See I don't think so.  I think she's fine; she's just lazy.  Similar to when Dr. Drew asked Cate why she seemed to be slacking off on aftercare, and she said something about being mentally fucked up, and he said no, I don't think so.  These girls always use anxiety and depression to excuse their neglectful or bad behavior, and they usually get away with it.  ("Monkey!). Dr. Drew was probably tougher on Cate this time because he did an intake with her before she went to rehab (and might have been somewhat involved), whereas with Amber, who simply does not care about parenting Leah, because he doesn't watch the show, so he doesn't know any of this.  I think Amber's animosity towards Gary was fear of being exposed.  Gary is Leah's full-time parent, and Amber didn't want Dr. Drew to hear how neglectful she is as a mother, so everything she said and did was a tactic of deflection.  

You know what Lotusflower, you may be right.  That's why she was getting so angry trying to shut Gary down by resorting to tears and saying she gives up and leaving the stage.  Gary was trying to be respectful and not sound accusatory but he wasn't about to lie.  Amber truly can't handle the truth, not about her spending time with Leah, not about Matt, not about anything real.  

She wants everyone to love her and that is never going to happen.  There will always be people who think she is wonderful and people who think she is a fool.  Stop trying to convince the viewing public you and Matt are something you are not.  Own your shit, we might have more respect for you if you did.  

• Love 10

When Amber said, " I am the mother!"  I thought,"biologically, yes you are, Amber but Christina is Leah's mother in every way that counts"

Matt's book needs to be catergorized under fiction. And those cover photos...really?

Ryan in the preview...OMG, he looks like some supernatural creature sucked 20 years of life out of him! I know he isn't obligated to share his entire life with the public, but can we please get some type of explanation for his current appearance and behavior. 

Edited by FlowerofCarnage
  • Love 20
4 minutes ago, lasandi said:

You know what Lotusflower, you may be right.  That's why she was getting so angry trying to shut Gary down by resorting to tears and saying she gives up and leaving the stage.  Gary was trying to be respectful and not sound accusatory but he wasn't about to lie.  Amber truly can't handle the truth, not about her spending time with Leah, not about Matt, not about anything real.  

She wants everyone to love her and that is never going to happen.  There will always be people who think she is wonderful and people who think she is a fool.  Stop trying to convince the viewing public you and Matt are something you are not.  Own your shit, we might have more respect for you if you did.  

Exactly.  She is terribly insecure.  And so, so defensive about everything, from her parenting skills/non-parenting skills, to Matt, to plastic surgery, er, I mean body contouring.  You are so right about respecting her more if she owned her shit.  In fact, I think the only time I truly liked her was when she consented to an interview with Dr. Drew while in prison, and maybe because of the surroundings and her attire (I think she was literally wearing prison stripes), she was honest and real, and it was refreshing.

23 minutes ago, GreatKazu said:

I don't believe the mental issues. I have mentioned that before.

I am pointing out Amber is whack and unstable. My committment comment is about Amber needing to be put back in jail. Not that she needs a mental facility. Amber looked like she wanted to go after Gary. Her anger towards Farrah just shows her instability and lack of anger control. 

I'm not exactly sure what you mean, but I did appreciate Dr. Drew's comment to Gary about this.  After she stormed off, Drew seemed to connect her emotional outbursts and instability with Gary's concerns about providing stability for Leah, so that was a positive.

• Love 2

She also acted like Teen Mom was on hiatus because she was in gel -while Farrah sold her vagina- and they were just waiting for Amber's release to restart it. She's absolutely no less of a narcissist than she thinks Farrah is. She's even a worse mother than Farrah and she needs a reality smack. She said she doesn't care how many reality "stars" Gnat tried to get with before her, she loves him and he loves her. The "lady" doth protest too much, methinks. Oh, and she's an idiot.

• Love 22
6 minutes ago, Brooklynista said:

Did I hear Matt tell on himself and say Simon will be long gone from the show and "we'll" still be here. That man ain't going anywhere and he'll be damned if he let's Amber walk away from that MTV check.

Gary should call Amber's bluff .  "Ok bitch. What days do you want? You want her now while we're in LA? Do you and Matt want to skip the LA parties and dinners so you can parent? Want to represent at the next PTA meetings?  Take Leah for her next doc appointments ? Perhaps sit at the kitchen table and go over spelling words? Make her a real dinner? Which part do you want?"

And what are you willing to do without Matt hanging off of your new fake tits? Call her out right there so we can watch Drew spin some more BSandy about Amber trying so hard to be a good mom.

Asshole.

See, this is what I wish would happen, but Gary doesn't want Leah to screw up her perfect attendance. He knows Amber and Matt would sleep in late because Amber goes to sleep at 4 in the morning. They would surely cause Leah to be late for school. 

I feel that needs to happen though in order for it to be pointed out that Amber is not responsible. Much like what hapoened with Leah Messer when the girls were continuously late. If it shows on a school record that Leah is late for school on the days she is with her mom, then Gary can make his case about Leah needing to be with him throughout the week. 

• Love 12

Just to add a few more thoughts- 

Even if Leah stayed over and was late to school, you know Amber would have  big reason why she was late. (big reason -whatever- power outage at their house, traffic incident on the road--- the school changed location) and she'd be in tears saying it wasn't her fault.

I did think Dr Drew was a bit more fair and firm with Cate and Ty and I also thought Tyler was pretty with it. I thought Drew was off when he took issue with Tyler for giving Cate a glass of wine to celebrate their anniversary. I mean I see where he is saying she has an addictive personality but really, at least from what I see(and admittedly I am not the most devoted viewer) alcohol does not seem to be around much.

I thought it was telling that Nova went to April (or April put her on her lap as opposed to CATE). I am trying to think of how to state this without sounding harsh, but man April really shows the hard life she has lived on her face. How old is she? I know she is younger than me by a good deal and man oh man she looks so ravaged.

• Love 8
32 minutes ago, mayvenne said:

I thought it was telling that Nova went to April (or April put her on her lap as opposed to CATE). I am trying to think of how to state this without sounding harsh, but man April really shows the hard life she has lived on her face. How old is she? I know she is younger than me by a good deal and man oh man she looks so ravaged.

April looks like Skeletor. I notice there's a fine line with crackheads. Some can pull out of the drugs early enough to not show the signs of the hard living, but stay in the life a bit too long? You wind up with that hard druggie face forever.

Edited by Brooklynista
  • Love 4

It's very subtle, but I think Amber loves to imply that Christina is doing all the work with raising Leah and Gary gets the credit. She doesn't live in that house, so how would she know. And even if that WAS true, if Amber cared about Leah she would be happy that she was being taken care of while she was in her father's care. Is it really Gary's fault that he chose a stable and loving partner who treats Leah like she is her own girl?

• Love 16
6 hours ago, LotusFlower said:

Gary "triggers" her?  Let's bring Christina out to substitute for Gary?  That was so unfair.

No shit. Amber didn't lay down with Christina and have a child. I applaud Christina for being an awesome step-mom, and I'm all for co-parenting. But Amber has to learn to get along with the father of her child. Period. 

See, this is what I wish would happen, but Gary doesn't want Leah to screw up her perfect attendance. He knows Amber and Matt would sleep in late because Amber goes to sleep at 4 in the morning. They would surely cause Leah to be late for school. 

Amber and Matt know it too. The day they picked Leah up because Christina was at the hospital, Matt said - "we made it on time!" when they arrived. As if he was surprised. 

• Love 14

27 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

Amber and Matt know it too. The day they picked Leah up because Christina was at the hospital, Matt said - "we made it on time!" when they arrived. As if he was surprised. 

How is it that Amber and Matt can be on time for flights out of town and she can get to the hospital for her specified surgery time, but getting Leah to school in the morning seems like an impossibility? She's apparently able to pull herself out of her depression funk long enough to get her nails done and her hair dyed blonde. As a parent, I have a hard time understanding her laziness and selfishness.

• Love 20

Hey Amber, grow the fuck up and quit blaming Gary for your problems. The site of him just pisses you off, so what. Learn to deal with it. You will have to deal with him for a long time. Grow the fuck up, since you have supposedly come soooooooo far. 

And grow up and be a mom. I'm do glad that Leah has Christina and confides in her.

• Love 16
7 hours ago, MitaJo said:

I want more time!

But you don't use the time you already have.

Because I'm depressed! But I still want more time!

You can have more time, anytime you want. Just ask.

But you won't let her spend the night! 

Round and round in circles, just so that she can play the victim. The only victim is Leah. Baby steps Amber, damn! How about you actually perfect your actual routine before you start trying to do other shit. She just wants to see Leah when she feels like it, to hell what a court order says. How many visits did she miss on that messed up plastic surgery and the recovery?

And another thing, I disagree that we can tell that Matt loves you just by looking at him. I see a man trying using you for fame and as soon as this show is over, he'll likely be gone.

We having a saying in my neck of the woods Amber.  You can wish and want in one hand and then take a shit in the other and see which one fills up first. Amber was hammered on something that was obvious.  Again, Drew makes a fool of himself by looking into her eyes and proclaiming her sober.  Drew, you could not read a road map leading to your his ass even if it was drawn on your ass fool!!!!!

• Love 18
3 hours ago, Brooklynista said:

Did I hear Matt tell on himself and say Simon will be long gone from the show and "we'll" still be here. That man ain't going anywhere and he'll be damned if he let's Amber walk away from that MTV check.

Gary should call Amber's bluff .  "Ok bitch. What days do you want? You want her now while we're in LA? Do you and Matt want to skip the LA parties and dinners so you can parent? Want to represent at the next PTA meetings?  Take Leah for her next doc appointments ? Perhaps sit at the kitchen table and go over spelling words? Make her a real dinner? Which part do you want?"

And whiChat of these things are you willing to do without Matt hanging off of your new fake tits? Call her out right there so we can watch Drew spin some more BS about Amber trying so hard to be a good mom.

Asshole.

I wish, wholeheartedly, that I could give you a thousand likes so that your post ends up highlighted in green. 

This!!!

I wish Gary would've said, okay, Amber take Leah during our LA stay here so that Kristina and I can get a dinner date out since we're ALWAYS home with kids and never get time to ourselves and Kristina deserves it after her child has been sick in the hospital. Or take her to her next dentist appointments and visit the teacher for an open house meet and greet. Instead of, um, trips to the park for the cameras, and expensive clothing stores for the cameras.

Amber, you sure tell the world "Gary does it for the cameras" a lot - guilty conscious? Usually, when a person is paranoid about their spouse cheating it's because they're the one's cheating and this could work the same. Are you playing for the cameras?

I used to always defend her (search my content on this forum if you all want) and after watching that filthy display - screw her to the tenth power. I've battled postpartum depression with all three babies and never had the luxury to hide in bed as my husband and I had full-time jobs and three kids to raise. I cried in the shower. Done.

Edited by Calm81
  • Love 21

Terrible advice for Dr. Drew to tell Christina to run interference between Gary and Amber regarding decisions about Leah.    Christina is on the exact same page with Gary when it comes to how he feels about Amber and with good reason.   If Drew actually watched the show, he would understand that Amber is a deadbeat and her waterworks was all for show.  Christina looked lovely.   Felt so bad for her when Drew as trying to play up their Mom to Mom connection when she knows Amber is no Mom.   What he should have done is give Amber a reality check about her priorities and taking responsibility for her choices.

• Love 19

It makes me sad to see Nova being neglected by Cate and Tyler. Its especially sickening after the way they cried about giving up Carly and now that they have this beautiful little girl, they ignore her and continue to  lament the loss of  Carly. I feel for them, having to gove up their daughter, but do they not see how they're harming Nova? I can see it, 15 years in the future, they will be comparing Nova to Carly and if Nova doesn't live up to her older sisters accomplishments we'll see Cate and Ty scratching their heads wondering what went wrong. Not realizing that Carly had supportive, attentive parents while Nova was raised by April and the dogs.

• Love 18
1 hour ago, Calm81 said:

Are Catelynn's  ugly ass reunion pants an homage to Carol Brady passing away? Because I see no other reason.

I am going for the I Love Lucy reference here. 

I thought they looked like Ethel Mertz's birthday gift - hostess pants.

• Love 4
27 minutes ago, Ljohnson1987 said:

Amber: The real question is... Will Matt be with you when the MTV money stops? I doubt it.  How can we see that Matt loves Amber? He's using her for money and fame. Amber is so naive.

You saw how quickly Matt got to the side of the stage when Amber stormedo off screaming she was done? WHOA MULE!!! He quick to talk her off that ledge . Let's not get ahead of ourselves.

• Love 13
1 hour ago, Brooklynista said:

Gary gets it. He just does. Gary said he had one shot at raising Leah. One. And what he is mature enough to know is that playing into Amber's moms entitlement bullshit will serve no positives for Leah.

That was my absolute favorite line of the reunion. Here we have a parent who realizes just how little time we have our kids for. We all make mistakes, but he is making an active effort to try and do the best he can - because once she's raised, that's it. It's over. Amber is wasting away her daughter's childhood, laying in bed and letting a greasy old man take care of her. 

• Love 20

Amber remains trashier than ever. 

This is the same girl who plays the victim and cries for more time with Leah and then proves Gary right by exclaiming that she was quitting the show 2 minutes later. 

• Love 5
10 minutes ago, Snarky McSnarky said:

I love how Amber minimized Matt's total disregard for the women he impregnated and the children he abandoned and left to fend for themselves:  "He was a little Ho back then.  Tee Hee."  No, Amber, he was a worthless piece of shit who conned his way into their lives the same way he conned his way into your life.

Right? I chide my husband for being a bit of a "ho" before me. He was. It's okay. But guess what? He was adamant about protection and does not have any abandoned children strewn across the country. Not even one. No one is begrudging people a wild youth, but you have to be responsible for your actions and/or show you learned from them. I mean, how long was Matt's "ho" period? He has grown kids and young ones alike!

• Love 17

Gary is right, why give Amber more time when she doesn't see her the days she is scheduled to. And why say Oh momma is going to get you these days and then Amber doesn't show up. Disappointing Leah even further. Amber only thinks about herself and wants to cry and bitch to get her way. Meanwhile, Gary thinks of Leah's well being first and foremost and wants her to have stability, which Amber does not have or give to Leah. Gary tries not to cause a fight with Amber and tries to not get her all riled up, but Amber being all about herself, instead of about Leah, makes everything about herself and anything Gary says, no matter what he says, she always takes it as a slight against her snd never sees his side. All Gary wants is for Leah to be happy, healthy and stable. And I understand because of the choices I made with my daughters dad. I watched my friend's daughter's dad call and tell her he would come see her and never show up and the little girl would be devastated. So I decided no way for my daughter. Yes she has grown up without a dad, but we made it without him. So I can see where Gary is coming from because he has to deal with the disappointment when Amber doesn't show up,  Amber doesn't because Gary is always there when he says he will be. So for her to want more time, she needs to be there the time she is suppose to be, but she's too busy with Matt and being up until 4 and laying around and getting plastic surgery.

• Love 10
21 minutes ago, TaxNerd said:

So in Amber's world, being a Ho irresponsibly (Matt) is hilarious, but being a Ho responsibly (Farah) is worthy of throwing punches.

I know, right?

And just how many guys has Amber been with who got the benefit of her "vagina" for FREE? 

Nah girlfriend. You had no problem being friends with Farrah AFTER the sex tape. You had no problem NOT going along with Maci in her desperate attempt to oust Farrah from MTV forever. You supported Farrah. Suddenly,  you hate her and frown upon her porn only because Matt mentions to you how he feels about Farrah being an instigator and trying to feed you lies about what he really tweeted her.

Amber, eat shit!

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 16

Team Gary!

although Amber did say that she does ask to pick up Leah and Gary always says no... so who knows... but his reasoning is totally legit about her not using the time she already has.  Of course she doesn't see how reasonable that is. 

And NO, Kristina should not get in the middle of them.  Amber is already trying to use Gary against her "I know he does a lot.... you know he does a lot..." oh shut of Amber.  Who did everything when you went jail and kristina wasn't in his life yet????? 

I think it's normal for a guy to take a step back and let a woman fulfill the mother role.  My brother did the same thing.  He raised two boys by himself for 5+ years and yea, now their step-mom does the majority of the parenting.  I think it's just more natural for a woman to step up and do that. It doesn't mean Gary is a terrible father!

• Love 8
7 minutes ago, gunderda said:

Team Gary!

although Amber did say that she does ask to pick up Leah and Gary always says no... so who knows...

He should say no.  They have a court order in place.  Amber doesn't get to upend Leah's world because a different day works better for Amber.

• Love 15

Jesus, can Dr. Drew be any more useless and unapologetically, openly biased?  He really is the most asinine "doctor" and host I've ever seen.

I'm close to being done with Catelynn and Tyler.  Tyler came off very, very douchey, acting like he was juuuust fiiiiiine with not seeing Carly for over a year.  Asshole, no, you're not.  Catelynn's comment about how Carly "idolizes" them made me shout with laughter.  Brandon and Teresa are so, so right to shield their daughter from this mess.  It will be a cold day in hell before they allow Catelynn and Tyler to see her again- as it probably should be.  Poor Nova will bear the brunt of their shitshow as she grows up while Tyler gets another tattoo and Catelynn takes another nap on the couch after a long day of snacking and tweeting.   

Poor Gary.  Yes, he's a schmuck, but at least he seems to take care of Leah and focus on her needs.  Frankly, I'm sick to death of Amber and Dr. Drew ganging up on Gary about the time she gets with Leah.  My ex-husband is the same way, always complaining about how "little" time he has with his daughter, but taking only a fraction of the court-approved visitation that he already has.  I loved Gary's way of neatly, politely summing up the situation: fulfill what you're already allowed without fucking things up too badly for a while, then we can talk about adding more.  You only have to watch your little girl staring out the window for an hour, watching for a parent who isn't coming, a couple of times before you get really pissed off and vow to protect them even more.  Also, I'm no Christina fan by any means, but it was wrong to bring her out to sit in the hot seat with Amber after Gary was banished.  She looked scared to death to say anything beyond cosigning (with wide, terrified eyes) everything Amber said.  Both Christina and Gary have learned over time that smiling stiffly and nodding vaguely are the best, safest ways to deal with the emotional powder keg that is Amber Portwood.  And Dr. Drew's catty little line: "Damn, that boy really triggers you!" made me want to vomit.  No exaggeration, I wanted to lose my dinner on the floor.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: These young people do not need yet another disposable pet, mental illness diagnosis, horse therapy appointment, or extravagant home purchase.  They need attainable goals, plans for what to do when the cameras go away, responsibilities, structured family time with their children, and gainful employment (for the love of God, JOBS).  And, to Catelynn in particular, it's amazing what a little fatigue at the end of a long, hard day's work (there's that scary word again) will do to someone's sleep schedule, self-esteem, and depression diagnosis.  Trust me, I've been there, done that and it's absolutely true.  I'm not saying it's a cure-all, but it sure does help to clear the mind of extraneous bullshit.  Okay, I'll stop before I sound too much more like my (very hard-working, dearly departed) granddad, who wouldn't have been able to comprehend this show or these people on any level.

Looking forward to the big blow-up next week.  The girls and their oafish boyfriends will tussle on stage while Dr. Drew and crew clutch their pearls, pretending to be oh-so shocked at the inappropriate, violent outburst, having secretly fed and encouraged the animosity all along.  It's manipulative shit like that that both turns me off from watching and tempts me to watch just ooonnnnee more episode.  

Edited by SuzyLee
  • Love 19

Finally watched this mess and Amber is a huge piece of shit. She is a horrible mother and her crocodile tears dont fool anyone, except maybe Panda since he doesnt watch the show. She doesnt care about Leah, she just wants to use Leah as an accessory. Gary was so calm and stated calmly that Leah is his priority and he needs to raise her right, and Amber goes off on a tantrum yelling "who cares!" Well, Amber, Gary and Christina care thank God. Her surgery was a waste, because she looks warped. I hate that Panda kept saying that Gary was implying Amber was a bad mother, I wish Gary had just gone off and said well, yes because she is!

• Love 11
37 minutes ago, TaxNerd said:

He should say no.  They have a court order in place.  Amber doesn't get to upend Leah's world because a different day works better for Amber.

Plus, I think Gary knows that with Amber - you give her an inch, she'll take a mile. If he lets Amber pick her up after school, she's going to be BEGGING for an overnight. (Lord knows why, it's not like she spends any time with her even when she DOES have her. That's Netflix's job.) Leah may have homework many nights, and we all know Amber ain't doing homework. 

• Love 8