Type keyword(s) to search

Teen Mom OG Reunion

honeydo7
  • Start Topic

8 hours ago, ghoulina said:

I agree. I would refuse to be complicit in this mess if the network was tightly controlling what I could say and do. This man has been on multiple shows. He likes the fame and validation it gives him as a "doctor". 

Dude is such a famewhore I keep forgetting that he IS a doctor and used to be a legit one. 

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, mamadrama said:

Dude is such a famewhore I keep forgetting that he IS a doctor and used to be a legit one. 

LOL agree. He does it have right now and then, but it gets drowned out by all the other crap he spews. I bet he really needs the MTV check now that his own show was removed from HLN.

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, mamadrama said:

That's my always problem with Dr. Drew.  He wants people to think of him and treat him as a addiction specialized physician when it suits him....but when he doesn't want them to, he's just a talk show host.  I feel like Dr. Drew does damage on this show and more so on his previous show Celeb Rehab.  I felt like as a doctor he was asking people to engage in things on camera that he knows is harmful, but he's a fame whore and can convince himself he is helping people.....so he jumped full force in.  

I also basically want to ring his neck when he gives compliments to people like Uncle Dave and Nathan and Matt when in reality....they should be questioned and questioned hard.  Or his interactions with Amber this time around.  Dude, you are a doctor and this is your advice....you don't realize Amber is out of control and not mentally stable?  Your advice is that Amber and the step mom should interact and side step the bio dad?  You're a professional.  Shut it.  If I counseled people the way he does on camera ALL THE TIME...they'd take my license.  But then he just barks....I'm not their doctor, I am just a talk show host.  

Can't have it both ways Dr. Hack.  

Hate him.  

• Love 8
6 minutes ago, shelley1005 said:

I feel like Dr. Drew does damage on this show and more so on his previous show Celeb Rehab.  

That's funny in an unfunny kind of way. Considering how many people on Celeb Rehab died... But yes, he's definitely not adding any value to the show or to the  girls. And his comment to Farrah was just so that he could have his cake and eat it too-I can play therapist to you all but not REALLY be a therapist, that way I am able to talk shit about you whenever I want and it won't be unethical. 

• Love 6
2 minutes ago, mamadrama said:

That's funny in an unfunny kind of way. Considering how many people on Celeb Rehab died... But yes, he's definitely not adding any value to the show or to the  girls. And his comment to Farrah was just so that he could have his cake and eat it too-I can play therapist to you all but not REALLY be a therapist, that way I am able to talk shit about you whenever I want and it won't be unethical. 

Yep.  Pisses me off.   I worked in addiction treatment for most of my career and believe the damage he did was a part (albeit a small one) to the demise of some of those tragedies.  As a doctor he should know it unethical to show active therapy on television even if the participant consents.  You see that same mentality in TM as well with all the girls going to therapy and showing the sessions.  The cameras should shut off when they go in and turn back on when they come out.  

• Love 2
2 hours ago, mamadrama said:

The most recent death being Chyna from WWE. I remember when she appeared on his rehab show.

An article about Drew's controversial career: http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2016/08/30/where-did-dr-drew-go-wrong.html

40 minutes ago, GreatKazu said:

The most recent death being Chyna from WWE. I remember when she appeared on his rehab show.

An article about Drew's controversial career: http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2016/08/30/where-did-dr-drew-go-wrong.html

Poor Chyna. :-( I was friends with Mindy McCready in "real life." She was also on his show and later passed on. Mindy had troubles even before she was an addict; the drugs didn't help. And then Dr. Drew didn't help HER. 

It seems to me that if Drew were only acting in a "talk show host capacity" here, then Cate wouldn't have felt like she could call him for help earlier in the season. He absolutely has been making these women feel like he's their unofficial (and maybe even official) doctor-or he was until Farrah called him out on it. 

• Love 8
3 minutes ago, mamadrama said:

Poor Chyna. :-( I was friends with Mindy McCready in "real life." She was also on his show and later passed on. Mindy had troubles even before she was an addict; the drugs didn't help. And then Dr. Drew didn't help HER. 

It seems to me that if Drew were only acting in a "talk show host capacity" here, then Cate wouldn't have felt like she could call him for help earlier in the season. He absolutely has been making these women feel like he's their unofficial (and maybe even official) doctor-or he was until Farrah called him out on it. 

First, I am sorry you lost a friend.  Truly.  

And the bolded.  Exactly.  He plays the doctor when it suits him and retreats to the talk show host when things heat up.  I think Dr. Drew is reckless and callous with people's experiences and lives.  

• Love 7
1 hour ago, mamadrama said:

Poor Mindy. What a loss. Sorry. (((hugs)))) I was rooting for her.

I think that scene was staged (Cate calling Drew). I am sure MTV set that up. It doesn't negate Drew's role in all of that, just that I believe MTV had Cate talk to Drew. Cate was not at all honest during that phone call.  MTV knew she was dealing with more than just what she was proclaiming was an anxiety problem. Bringing in a "doctor" is just their way of showing the viewing public they care about these girls just like when they paid for rehab for Jenelle, Leah, and Amber. MTV was covering their ass.

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 6
18 hours ago, GreatKazu said:

I think that scene was staged (Cate calling Drew). I am sure MTV set that up. It doesn't negate Drew's role in all of that, just that I believe MTV had Cate talk to Drew. Cate was not at all honest during that phone call.  MTV knew she was dealing with more than just what she was proclaiming was an anxiety problem. Bringing in a "doctor" is just their way of showing the viewing public they care about these girls just like when they paid for rehab for Jenelle, Leah, and Amber. MTV was covering their ass.

Yeah, I kind of doubt Drew would hand out his number to all the girls, or even encourage them to call him through MTV. I believe nothing I see on TV anymore. Unless it's bad of course, and then I totally buy that shit!

And thanks Shelley, and Kazu for the Mindy comments. Hers is a totally tragic story and one of the reasons I left the music business back in the 90s. There was personal accountability to be taken there, for sure, but she was absolutely abused by the industry in just about every way possible. The Rehab show was kind of a halfhearted last effort to "save" something that should have been taken care of years and years ago. Actually, watching the Teen Moms reminds me a lot of her. A young damaged girl, not even 18, brought into a glamorous world where money and fame were thrown at her and then taken advantage of. Everyone else in her life had various agendas, from the producers to the labels to her own family. Not that much different than Cate or Amber. When you're valuable to someone like that, they elevate you to the top of the world: money, cars, houses, photo shoots, TV appearances, magazine interviews...When you start to lose that value to others, you're discarded to the side like you don't matter and you lose all of those things that were giving YOU value in the first place. That's why I worry about these ladies-what are they going to do when they are no longer bringing in the cash for others? When you take a young woman with self-esteem issues and other problems to begin with, convince her that the only reason she's important is because she's entertaining to others, and then take that platform away...it ain't pretty. 

Edited by mamadrama
  • Love 12

Oh Mama.  That just breaks my heart.   And mainly because of how true it is.  I do think that fame, especially when someone is young and/or vulnerable is so toxic.  Not only do people think they are only valuable as a form of entertaining others.....those who are supposed to be protecting them as people, instead protect the business and their brand.   I think of the stage moms....like Lindsay Lohan's suck of a mom, etc.  I don't think it negates any and all responsibility from the person, however when the person is exposed to fame as a child, I am a firm believer it often stunts their development at that age.  

I worry about that with all the Teen Moms.  They got fame for basically nothing.  They are in for a rude awakening when that fame goes away and they have to find what their actual value is in the world.  I think one or two of them will be okay....maybe.  

• Love 5

Intervention and Celebrity Rehab are responsible for changing my and my friends opinions on addiction. There is still a scene on Intervention where the interventionist turned to the girl's mom and said, "Of course she's an addict! How could she be anything else?" that is seared into my brain. The mom's boyfriend had been raping her daughter and the mom blamed the daughter for it, and then left and ran away with him. She, like most abused children, then proceeded to be abused by others. It was really defining to me, because losing herself in drugs to get through the day does seem to be the only option she had. You would think therapy, but her parents didn't press charges and the dad didn't realize it was necessary to have her in therapy. Completely screwed up family situation.

On Celebrity Rehab it became clear that the lives those people were living wasn't possible without the drugs. You have musicians touring who could only keep going with drugs, because the schedule wasn't humanly possible. There were people who had parents who forced them into every acting class, modeling shoot, music lesson, and anything else to try and make them stars, even though it was clear they were going to be abused. Once they became the primary breadwinner, they got to call the shots, which isn't a great idea for most teens. The partying starts, people love them, the leeches move in, the chemical dependency takes control and they are on a roller coaster with no grounding force because they had been used all their lives by people who didn't truly care about them.

Relapse and overdoses are part of addiction. Once, after someone who had been on Celebrity Rehab died, someone posted about how bad Dr. Drew was since so many of his clients died. Someone else posted the statistics for successful rehab treatment, with how long before someone relapsed after leaving. I don't remember what it was, but it was abysmal. The thirty day programs had the worst success rate, with small improvements for 3 month and 6 month programs. It was still under 50%, I think, and the type of drug you were using and length of time you had been using also played a factor. Yet health insurance will typically only pay for 30 days, and they will only pay once every few years. 

The mental health system in America is horribly broken, and often drugs are involved. The substance abuse programs in America are horribly broken, with jails handling the majority of it, even though programs that exist allowing ER docs to provide methadone have shown to have a positive result in the community, but we still criminally charge addicts for possession. The pain relief medication statutes do way more harm than good, and people who are unable to get their needed medications have turned to illegal drugs to treat their pain. There are cancer patients who have to beg for medicine, because the hoops that doctors have to go through to prescribe an appropriate dose act as a deterrent for them to do so, especially in light of doctors being charged criminally for over prescribing. The pain clinics where they were writing prescriptions for anyone and anything are obviously a problem that needed dealt with, but an oncologist having to undergo several audits a year because of their prescription writing practices only result in those patients not receiving proper care. 

I think Dr. Drew is a crappy host of these reunions and has been since the first one. He doesn't watch, he sounds stupid, and even though he doesn't have any control over the show, him sitting there while Amber is acting high and saying how he can tell she was clean, congratulating her on being down to Tylenol (no, she wasn't) when he had to know she was lying, is frustrating to watch. I don't like Nessa either. I don't blame him for being mad that security didn't step in, because they should have and that is bull, too. But to get mad that people are criticizing his hosting duties? Have a seat, cash your paycheck, and shut up.

• Love 15
9 hours ago, GreatKazu said:

Drew, like the rest of the cast, can't seem to quit MTV.

MTV is like a drug addiction to the cast. Of course they are not going to kiss off those six figure checks. 

The cast are in an awkward position. They hate the invasion of privacy but love the admiration from fans.

They hate doing the reunion shows but love the free trip. 

They hate having to answer the same questions over and over again by the producers but love the producers like family.

They hate their lives being scrutinized but they love their paycheck.

They want to get out of filming their lives (they just want to act and have privacy) but know that they will NEVER make this much money in their lives again.

It is like a drug. MTV is their dealer that won't let them get sober because the next high (increased paycheck) will be better than the last.

Do you know what irks me the most aside from all the crap they do? I hate when they talk about the producers etc as their production crew.

" our producers are our friends," "we love our crew of people" "my cast members" I just hate how they talk like they're on a REAL tv show and they're stars. Ugh. I really can't wait until the day their D-list fame can't even get them a super sized meal at Mickey-d's.

• Love 10
On 12/28/2016 at 4:55 PM, MyPeopleAreNordic said:

I wish the Tm girls realized that having co-workers you dislike is part of life when one has a "real" job. I've worked with (not currently) people I really disliked. I just tried to avoid them except when work called for us to interact. It's part of adult life. They only have to see and work with Farrah a day (or maybe a couple of days) per year. That's nothing. How would any of these chicks handle working with a "Farrah" 40 hours a week? They only need to tolerate her vile behavior one or two days a year to get those fat checks. They have no idea how easy they have it. Sit down, girls. 

Winner! The real world is going to hammer that down. We are just going to have to wait. 

• Love 6

I may be showing my age here, but anybody who was a fan of Beverly Hills 90210 will tell you that the best era was the Brenda years. We all loved to hate that bitch and MTV knows that Farrah is their Brenda Walsh.

• Love 9
1 minute ago, butterbody said:

I may be showing my age here, but anybody who was a fan of Beverly Hills 90210 will tell you that the best era was the Brenda years. We all loved to hate that bitch and MTV knows that Farrah is their Brenda Walsh.

Tyler is Brian Austin green? Quirky, not ugly but not a Luke Perry.

• Love 4
7 hours ago, GreatKazu said:

Matt would say he owned the Peach Pit.

When he was only just the assistant manager of the Peach Pit After Dark.  Barenaked Ladies wouldn't let him hang out with them at the after party. 

• Love 5
On 2/15/2017 at 3:41 PM, Snarky McSnarky said:

At 0:54, Farrah says, "I mean, over the extension of trying to have a relationship with somebody who I do a show with and I share comality through the years..."

Love it.

Did she mean "calamity"? lol

• Love 2