Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E05: The Daughter

Eric discovers that Danny is not who he appears to be, and it may cost Cornell her job. Meanwhile, Cornell reveals more of Kate’s secrets to an unsuspecting Eric, who begins to question the motives of even those closest to him. In a desperate search for answers, Eric and Patrick take a trip to visit someone from Kate’s past, who reveals an astonishing secret. Finally, Danny makes a last-ditch effort to secure Eric’s support, as he pursues his own agenda,

12 hours ago, mertensia said:

So Eric found out a couple of useful facts but Jesus, buddy, time to lay off the trash comments about your brother's wife. 

Considering he doesn't know a thing about his own wife, he's in no place to judge, but I guess she's the next red herring according to the promo.

• Love 2

Strangely I don't really care who killed the wife. I don't know what it is, but I have zero interest or investment in her. It's not because Kate died right after being introduced as I have watched shows where the victim was already dead, but the writing and the way the character is acted is so compelling I care as if I had actually experienced the character.  I think the characters they have now with Terry O'Quinn and company would work on a modern-day prime time soap. Every time something interesting happens with them, we get interrupted by the Who Killed Kate show.  At this point, I don't know what it is, but the format for the show is working agains it this season as I'm tired of Juliette Lewis, who I know I should be rooting for as the detective, but I'm just not.

• Love 4
7 hours ago, Texasmom1970 said:

Was I the only one who was bored by this episode?

Me too, it was very boring, the cliched red herrings don't help since the mystery and characters are so basic and uninteresting.

1 hour ago, Happytobehere said:

Strangely I don't really care who killed the wife. I don't know what it is, but I have zero interest or investment in her. It's not because Kate died right after being introduced as I have watched shows where the victim was already dead, but the writing and the way the character is acted is so compelling I care as if I had actually experienced the character.  I think the characters they have now with Terry O'Quinn and company would work on a modern-day prime time soap. Every time something interesting happens with them, we get interrupted by the Who Killed Kate show.  At this point, I don't know what it is, but the format for the show is working agains it this season as I'm tired of Juliette Lewis, who I know I should be rooting for as the detective, but I'm just not.

It is like a soap, Cornell was never an interesting character, so trying to format the show around her was a misfire as most of her 'development' was kept in the Cornell Confidential webisodes so that certainly didn't help.

Kate just isn't an interesting dead character either, she's just full of cliched 'twists'/mysteries that make her more into a 2 d plot point than an actual character.

S1 at least had a more interesting protagonist who was labeled as a child killer and had to deal with the repercussions around him with the media and people hounding him.  Eric just meanders from 1 red herring suspect to another.

Edited by Free
  • Love 1

To me, this season only makes sense if Eric is basically trying to find out who the real baby daddy was, not who the killer was. He seems so disinterested in that question I believe the show is playing him as already knowing who that was...himself. And his obsession with Kate's secrets lies more in regret and guilt. If the show pulls out another perp, I'd be strongly tempted to accuse them of cheating.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, sjohnson said:

To me, this season only makes sense if Eric is basically trying to find out who the real baby daddy was, not who the killer was. He seems so disinterested in that question I believe the show is playing him as already knowing who that was...himself. And his obsession with Kate's secrets lies more in regret and guilt. If the show pulls out another perp, I'd be strongly tempted to accuse them of cheating.

Exactly, Eric is so 'separated' from his wife's killer, it's more about her never ending secrets.

• Love 1