Type keyword(s) to search

Quantum Leap - General Discussion

Kromm
  • Start Topic

31 minutes ago, friendperidot said:

Quantum Leap is on the Roku channel. I don't think I'm going to watch the entire series, but I am going to see a couple of episodes that I keep missing.

Watching Season 1, Episode 1 right now, and Scott Bakula was so darn cute.

And he still is!!  I watch QL on Comet, don't have Roku.

• Love 1
On 6/10/2014 at 7:38 AM, Prevailing Wind said:

As I recall, each show ended with Sam having leapt into a new, different body, and saying, "oh, boy."  The next episode would pick up from there.  He never went back to a previous body, so you're seeing the episodes out of order.

Actually, he returned to Jimmy's body in Deliver Us From Evil.

On 10/1/2015 at 1:14 PM, saber5055 said:

I was a huge fan of this show when it originally aired. I'm watching all the reruns now, on Cozi, and I like them just as much now, they hold up. Except now that I'm older, I really notice Sam getting kissed by someone (male or female!) every episode. Too funny. I remember being so disappointed in the finale, though.

Scott Bakula ... wow, he really holds up too, through the years. *shallow*

I *love* watching Sam kiss all the ladeeez. Because I too am shallow. He is foinnnnnne....

On 3/30/2014 at 7:28 PM, Everina said:

I just got my husband to watch this show with me.  He likes the show well enough, but he dislikes the character of Al.  I've never met anyone who didn't love Al, so this is all very weird to me.

I like Al a lot but there are elements of his personality that do not stand up to scrutiny today. I just finished watching Miss Deep South (the beauty pageant one) and Al trying to spy on Connie as she's changing would be gross under any circumstances but especially so when the theme of the episode is how young women are creeped on and exploited by men!

On 6/30/2016 at 11:48 AM, magicdog said:

It doesn't bode well when a show breaks its own rules without a good reason.  Reaching for additional storylines isn't one of them.  It also bugged me when Sam became a chimp in the space program!  IIRC there was an article during the show's original run in which the writers were working on storylines in which Sam would leap into a baby and a dog!  Yikes!!  Was Donald Bellisario still running the show at that point?  

Some people love the chimp episode but IMO it's good for only one reason--we get to see Scott Bakula run around mostly naked. *rowr* And a baby--seriously?

On 6/18/2020 at 9:32 AM, Chaos Theory said:

Of course the show tended to run thin as it ran on.  Most shows do.  I still say this was an incredibly well plotted show for what it was.   I am in the minority and really liked the Lee Harvey Oswald episode.  I thought it was well plotted and got around a sensitive topic in an interesting way.   However to this day my favorite episode is still the one where Sam leapt into the possibly gay cadet and the entire story revolved around whether it actually even mattered if he was gay or not.   

I LOVE the Lee Harvey Oswald episode, love it. Probably my favorite of the entire series. Fun fact--Donald Bellisario himself is a character in LHO--he's the Marine who meets Oswald and asks him about reading the Communist newspaper. (Bellisario actually knew Oswald from the Marines and wrote the episode because he thought it was very plausible that an anti-social nutcase like Oswald could've acted alone.)

And I think the show mostly does hold up, because of its unabashed progessivist attitudes. 

• Love 3

Despite all its weirdness, I love this show! The premise is mind twisting and in a weird way believable.  And who can in any lifetime not love Scott Bakula in a dress/swimsuit/ Carmen Miranda dress/space suit...oh my goodness Scott Bakula is deelish in anything he wears...the stories are fun too!!  Not that big a fan of Al he seems a bit of a voyeur...maybe today's pervert but a great foil to the honesty/innocence of Sam.

Edited by Gramto6
  • Love 1
17 hours ago, methodwriter85 said:

What a beautiful, long life he lived. The very definition of a "long star." R.I.P. Dean.

My cousin got to spend some time with him and Dennis Hopper. He said they had a blast together. 

Don't know how reliable this site is...

MEET THE KEY CHARACTERS IN THE ‘QUANTUM LEAP’ REBOOT
Posted by Jessica Lancaster | Feb 3, 2022
https://www.thathashtagshow.com/2022/02/03/meet-the-key-characters-in-the-quantum-leap-reboot/ 

With casting currently underway for the NBC pilot, let’s take a look at the characters bringing this reboot to life.
The following characters are described as series regulars and key players in the new Quantum Leap series.

Dr. Ben Prassad – Ben is a first-generation American, a world-renowned physicist, and a man of faith. He’s also working on Quantum Leap, a time travel project. But when he uses the project on himself, he’s transported back to the late 80s and struck with a bout of amnesia – forgetting what made him time travel in the first place.

The casting for Ben calls for a man in his mid 30s to early 40s, of AAPI or MENA descent.

Addison – Addison is a smart, witty, fearless ex-military operative who now serves as a project lead at Quantum Leap HQ. She’s in charge of the technology they use to communicate with the past, and tries to rescue Ben from his time-flung existence.

The open-ethnicity casting for Addison calls for a woman in her 30s.

Ian Wright – Quantum Leap’s nonbinary chief architect of the AI program, who prefers the company of computers to that of other people.

The open-ethnicity casting calls for a person in their 20s, and encourages non-binary actors to submit.

Herbert “Magic” Williams – A Vietnam vet and current head of the time travel project at Quantum Leap. Herbert “Magic” Williams uses his no-nonsense personality and aura of control to keep the Pentagon at bay while the team tries to rescue Ben.

The casting calls for a black man in his 60s.

Jenn – Head of security at Quantum Leap HQ. Described as quirky but formidable, she makes it her mission to figure out how Ben could have both leapt back in time and erased all evidence of the leap in the future.
In addition to the series regular roles, the show is also casting the following key guest stars:

Janis – A mysterious woman who was working with Ben in the present before his leap through time, whose true motives remain unknown. The role is described as a recurring guest spot, casting a white woman in her 40s.

Naomi – A wife attempting to ask her husband for a divorce. Unfortunately, she doesn’t realize Ben currently occupies her husband’s body. The open-ethnicity casting calls for a woman in her late 30s.
Production on the Quantum Leap pilot begins in Vancouver this March.

Edited by tv echo
3 hours ago, tv echo said:

Don't know how reliable this site is...

MEET THE KEY CHARACTERS IN THE ‘QUANTUM LEAP’ REBOOT
Posted by Jessica Lancaster | Feb 3, 2022
https://www.thathashtagshow.com/2022/02/03/meet-the-key-characters-in-the-quantum-leap-reboot/ 

Hard pass.  It looks like the only link to the original is through Magic.  I guess that could be interesting except we never got to know Magic since he's the person Sam leaped into.  And the character is only in his 60s?  If the reboot is set in the present day then he should be at least 70.  I'm also curious if Ben is stuck in the 80s or if that's just the first time period he leaps to.  But honestly I don't care enough to check it out.

• Love 2
(edited)

‘Quantum Leap’: Raymond Lee To Headline NBC’s Reboot Pilot
By Nellie Andreeva    March 4, 2022 
https://deadline.com/2022/03/raymond-lee-star-quantum-leap-nbc-1234971138/ 

Raymond Lee has been cast as the lead in NBC’s hourlong pilot Quantum Leap, a reboot of the beloved 1990s sci-fi drama. He will play Dr. Ben Seong, a spiritual successor to Scott Bakula’s Dr. Sam Beckett from the original series.

Lee’s Ben Seong is both a scientist and man of faith. He’s a world-renowned physicist working on a time-travel project known as Quantum Leap.

In the reboot, it’s been 30 years since Dr. Sam Beckett (Bakula) stepped into the Quantum Leap accelerator and vanished. Now a new team has been assembled to restart the project in the hopes of understanding the mysteries behind the machine and the man who created it.

Written and executive produced by La Brea EPs Steven Lilien and Bryan Wynbrandt and executive produced by Blindspot creator Martin Gero as well as Quantum Leap creator/EP Don Bellisario and EP/co-narrator Deborah Pratt, the follow-up series is set in present time though there is a nod to the original, which launched in 1989.

Using the Quantum Leap technology on himself, Ben Seong gets stuck in the late 1980s with amnesia, with the last part also reminiscent of Gero’s Blindspot.
Bakula has been in talks for a possible involvement but he is not attached to the project at this time.

Raymond-Lee.jpg

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

How big is this cast going to be? It seems like every other week they're announcing someone joining the show. For a reboot/sequel, it's starting to feel a bit bloated.

• Love 1
(edited)

NBC Fall Schedule: ‘La Brea’ Takes Over ‘This Is Us’ Tuesday Slot, ‘Quantum Leap’ Gets ‘The Voice’ Lead-Out
By Jennifer Maas   May 16, 2022
https://variety.com/2022/tv/news/nbc-fall-schedule-2022-la-brea-the-voice-quantum-leap-1235267433/ 

NBC revealed its fall 2022-2023 lineup Monday, which includes “La Brea” occupying the current Tuesdays at 9 p.m. home of “This Is Us,” as well as the “Quantum Leap” reboot series taking the coveted post-“The Voice” launchpad. On a season that includes new coach Camila Cabello, that’s an even nicer slot to occupy as the broadcast network’s splashy new drama.

Mondays in the fall will begin with the two-hour episode of “The Voice” at 8, followed by “Quantum Leap” at 10.
MONDAY

8-10 P.M. — The Voice

10-11 P.M. — QUANTUM LEAP

Edited by tv echo
On 3/18/2021 at 8:39 PM, CeeBeeGee said:

trying to spy on Connie as she's changing would be gross under any circumstances but especially so when the theme of the episode is how young women are creeped on and exploited by men!

Especially since he was such a Chivalrous Pervert--he was a womanizing horndog, but he made it abundantly clear that he considered those who abused women to be absolute scum.

• Love 2

I am watching the new series and had a question about the original series. I need some help with an episode. In the original series, there is a scene where Al and Sam have a passionate argument about whether or not the devil/hell exists. I cannot remember which episode it is from, but hopefully someone here can help. 

On 11/3/2022 at 7:28 PM, Sarah 103 said:

I am watching the new series and had a question about the original series. I need some help with an episode. In the original series, there is a scene where Al and Sam have a passionate argument about whether or not the devil/hell exists. I cannot remember which episode it is from, but hopefully someone here can help. 

One of these episodes, maybe?

The SyFy Channel had a QL (original recipe) marathon all day today (Leap Day). It was so wonderful. I really wish SyFy or Comet would start airing episodes again. I was literally acting out the theme song.

• Like 3