Type keyword(s) to search

2016 LIVE SHOW 4: Fright Night

I'm moody after the results this week. Oh wow, Fright Night for Halloween? Shocker.

I predict a good week for Emily if they find the right moody ballad. Saara could have a good night depending on the song. Gifty will probably do well and might get Thriller or maybe that'll go to 5 AM. I don't see Matt, Ryan, or 4 of Diamonds having a good week and Sam will probably be fine but mediocre. I will only comment on Honey G if she performs a rap that incorporates Monster Mash.

I'm also expecting the Jackson 5AM to get Thriller, with the choreography, and so on... but i'm really hoping they'll be going all out with Saara, and give her something as theatrical & excentric as this week's Bjork.

(edited)

Someone in the youtube comments was listing possible Halloween songs. I'm now thinking someone (probably 4 of Diamonds) will get Little Mix's Black Magic.

I wonder if someone will sing Ghost by Ella Henderson. My money is on Sam Lavery if it does happen.

Edited by aradia22

I think I'll repeat my comment from last week : I'm so glad Saara's there to put on a memorable performance.

Jackson 5AM's Thriller was okay, but a bit dodgy here and there ; Gifty's song was bland ; I wasn't a huge fan of Matt's version of I put a spell on you, but that wasn't on him, that was on the orchestration ; Honey G was... she was there ; Ryan's Backstreet Boys cover was a huge MISS ; Sam was okay, but a) the song had nothing to do with Halloween, and b) her voice just doesn't really work for me ; I've already forgotten what 4 of Diamonds were singing ; and Emily's Radiohead cover was fine but didn't leave much of an impression, overall. A bit too static, maybe.

My regular source for X Factor vids on youtube is being blocked by SME. All of the performances. So the most I can do this week is see Sam and Ryan on the regular X Factor channel. I'm not that excited about it so I'll leave it for tomorrow.

18 hours ago, aradia22 said:

I still haven't watched but Re: Results... WHAT IN THE FUCK, X Factor? Guys, I might quit. I don't think I can do this. It's only week five and I don't really like anyone left. 

I can tolerate Matt, but everyone else can go home. Immediately! Give him the title now!

Doubly ironic the person who went... because it was the first time that performer actually sang "straight" and didn't horribly oversing. Consequently I actually thought it was that person's best performance on the show. 

As someone watching from the outside, I feel like I have to ask......who is actually voting for Honey G? Is there something equivalent to Vote For the Worst (which was huge for American Idol back in the days of Sanjaya)? Or is there some other organized online presence that's actively trying to drum up votes for  her? Or is it all old Brits who think she is making a mockery of Hip Hop/Rap and they are encouraging her to keep doing it by voting for her? I honestly would love some insight..

As for the fright nighters, I kind of love Saara. I'm pretty sure she didn't think she was signing up to be the weirdo contestant this season when she gave her blind audition.....but she's like "if being weird is going to keep me here a few extra weeks, I'm game af"...I thought the Thriller guys for the first time in the entire competition justified their place in the finals. That was pretty entertaining. Emily and Sam were pretty solid as usual.

I missed whether the judges went 3-1 in favor of 4 of Diamonds for a second week in a row or was 2-2 and the fan vote decided it. The girls should be capable of better performances than what they've given the last couple weeks. They need to rely on just two of the girls for the heavy lifting on the solos (the blonde who solo'd last on their sing off song and the taller dark haired one)....cause when the other two sing solos it's like the all the potential energy in the song is deflated. Gifty was just middle of the road for me so I'm not crushed she's out.

Edited by PhD-Purgatory15

Do I think Gifty is Beyonce? No. But in the context of this show, and this series in particular, taking into account her singing ability, consistency, stage presence, dancing, and look? Hell yeah, she's so far ahead of the others. She's like a normal contestant whereas with the others I'm spending my time critiquing the various ways they're incompetent. Hitting all the notes, keeping your eyes open, being able to perform a song... these are the basics. The bar is so low this year and yet they knocked out Relley C and Gifty early.

Who do they honestly think is going to sell albums? I know Matt's a favorite and Simon thinks he can get Sam to shape up but they're both pretty average/bad in some ways right now. But aside from that... Emily? Emily doesn't work with a Syco recording contract and I don't know if she writes her own stuff or if it's any good which is how people who don't have great singing voices usually get by. 5 After Midnight are no JLS. I'm tired of hearing about 4 of Diamond's "potential" especially when they're just a Frankengroup. Saara's obviously not going to win.