Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E03: Shogun

• Start Topic

If this episode was supposed to endear me to Nate, it failed miserably. This is when I started actively disliking him. This was also when what they said his character was didn't match what we were seeing. We were supposed to be seeing a sheltered, intelligent historian but what we got was a idiot dudebro frat boy that was using modern colloquialisms which he should've known not to use. Then he endangered Masako by revealing himself when she just told them she hadn't seen any foreigners. There was no reason for him to show himself at that time. It wasn't heroic it was stupid. 

Amaya complaining about Mick the whole time and then bringing him a ninja star is what makes me wish they went with Mick/Amaya instead of Amaya/Nate. They were really trying to show him as some kind of stud and it was annoying. Amaya and Mick getting together would've been far more interesting. 

Then we have the secret armory that hasn't been mentioned or seen since this season. Those weapons would come in handy during the crossover guys. 

This episode had Sara's best fight scene of the entire series. She really got to show off her skills as a fighter and as an assassin. I really miss getting to see that. I also wish we had more of Sara and Amaya bonding because I love that Sara just being herself gets people's respect. 

I think I vaguely recall them mention of the Japanese family being related to Katana. I liked the talk Ray had with Masako's father about the armor not making the hero, but also needing armor when fighting a stronger opponent. Lol 

Besides Sara's fight scene, this was one of the weaker episodes of Season 2. 

• Love 1