Type keyword(s) to search

Commercials/Ads on Alternate Media: aka "Lame Internet Ads"

Kromm
  • Start Topic

I play solitaire on MSN games. I'm not paying for ad free, so I get ads every couple of games. Most of the ads are for other free to download games, but there are a few others, One for AAA Insurance, it's graphics are color background, the words FAAAmily and In$$$urance, lots of letters and numbers. It doesn't appear to be a very expensive ad. At one point in the ad, the screen has "Hello Insurance!" The other day, the screen froze and it had on "Hell  Insurance!" I laughed and laughed and refreshed the screen.

• LOL 8
21 hours ago, friendperidot said:

I play solitaire on MSN games. I'm not paying for ad free, so I get ads every couple of games. Most of the ads are for other free to download games, but there are a few others, One for AAA Insurance, it's graphics are color background, the words FAAAmily and In$$$urance, lots of letters and numbers. It doesn't appear to be a very expensive ad. At one point in the ad, the screen has "Hello Insurance!" The other day, the screen froze and it had on "Hell  Insurance!" I laughed and laughed and refreshed the screen.

More crappy Chinese clothing  ads.... Have you gotten the  ads for the bras that cross over IN FRONT and hook on the  sides? (Think of crossing yours arms under your boobs when you're  cold or pissed off). I nearly PMLd when one of the lines was "support your lousy." 

• LOL 3
  • Love 3

Lately my Facebook feed has exploded with ads for really bizarre video games. One involves a very pregnant woman in jail who awakes one morning to find rats romping in the water from her overflowing toilet. The game player has to help her find the appropriate tools to kill the rats, mop up the water and fix the toilet. It's like "Orange is the New Black" meets "Choose Your Own Adventure."

• LOL 4

l still keep a list of the bizarre Chinese Clothing company names.

Latest batch:

Hawalili (Hawaiian Shirts)

Clothmyths (Face Masks)

Floryday

Ellebabe (Face Masks)

Kukaus

Babecloth (Face Masks)

Upustyle

Antiagemart (Bras)

• Love 4
On 7/5/2020 at 8:34 AM, mmecorday said:

Lately my Facebook feed has exploded with ads for really bizarre video games. One involves a very pregnant woman in jail who awakes one morning to find rats romping in the water from her overflowing toilet. The game player has to help her find the appropriate tools to kill the rats, mop up the water and fix the toilet. It's like "Orange is the New Black" meets "Choose Your Own Adventure."

Those ads RARELY have anything to do with the actual game play.  I get ads for games that I play, and none of the ads reflect the game in any way.

There are tons of videos on YouTube where people watch the ads than load the games and compare them.

• Love 2

After a long time of not seeing anything new, I found a whole new batch:

NEOFITPRO (Masks)

Locostylish

Zolucky

Tesyhnet (Masks)

Bellapick

Comfyrs

Milamode

Sheshow (Generic shirts with catchphrases on them)

Blastgift

LightInTheBox (Weird T-shirts)

• Love 2
(edited)

Yes! I did a search and they are waving good-bye. Goebel Hummel Auf Wiedersehen Goodbye.  I see prices from $25 to $175.20! Yikes! Better shop around!

Edited by Gramto6
Additional info
  • Useful 2
9 hours ago, Madding crowd said:

Thanks, that makes sense. My grandmother collected Hummels and I inherited a few after she died. I do think these are odd looking and I showed this picture to a few coworkers and they thought the same thing I did!

That is strangely hilarious and disturbing. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 4
18 hours ago, Madding crowd said:

I do think these are odd looking and I showed this picture to a few coworkers and they thought the same thing I did!

I thought they had hooves for hands.

Yeah, hankies make more sense.

• LOL 4
  • Love 3
On 10/23/2021 at 10:08 PM, zoey1996 said:

I’ve recently been seeing VRBO ads on YouTube. I don’t like any of them, but the one that mentions a fabulous kitchen “where everyone can chef” is particularly grating.

Maybe they mean "where everyone can chafe", which would be pretty grating, I guess?

• LOL 4

I play a lot of games on my phone, and some of the games are so ad-laden as to be almost unplayable. Unfortunately, the same ads run multiple times. There's one that makes me want to hurl. It's one of those role-playing/make-over games where you have to help the heroine (presumably) get her man or get revenge on him for cheating on her. Except that the main character (I think her name is "Jane") is so disgustingly drawn it makes me want to hurl. She's got straggly hair, excessive facial and leg hair, untrimmed pubic hair (my objection is that the ad shows her sprawled on a couch with the top of her daisy dukes undone so you can see the top of her pubic hair), and putrid green stink lines emanating from her body. How on earth is that enjoyable? 

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

There is also one of this same girl sitting on the toilet and she makes a grunting sound. Then her date which she forgot about is outside and you have to get her ready for the date. I would not be interested in that game. It might be a different game but still gross.

Edited by Madding crowd
53 minutes ago, Madding crowd said:

There is also one of this same girl sitting on the toilet and she makes a grunting sound. Then her date which she forgot about is outside and you have to get her ready for the date. I would not be interested in that game. It might be a different game but still gross.

Yikes!  Do players earn points wiping her butt?

1 minute ago, zoey1996 said:

Currently running on this site is an ad about toenail fungus (?) treatment. The toenail is disgusting!

I blocked it. Yes, it was totally gross! Hit the X in the corner if the ad and it asks you why you want to block it . I usually say not interested and it goes away.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

This could also go under the commercials that annoy column, but I have been seeing this ad for Country Crock featuring Kris Jenner and Khloe Kardashian online (in that case, should the product now be called Kountry Krock?) Kris is talking enthusiastically about how much she looooooves making rice crispy treats and they are making the treats in the course of the kommercial, erm, commercial. They each take an itty bitty bite of the treats because God knows they really don't eat. 

Please bring back the chatty couple who we never actually saw who used to make commercials for Country Crock. 

• Like 1
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 3
On 4/25/2023 at 12:25 PM, mmecorday said:

This could also go under the commercials that annoy column, but I have been seeing this ad for Country Crock featuring Kris Jenner and Khloe Kardashian online (in that case, should the product now be called Kountry Krock?) Kris is talking enthusiastically about how much she looooooves making rice crispy treats and they are making the treats in the course of the kommercial, erm, commercial. They each take an itty bitty bite of the treats because God knows they really don't eat. 

Please bring back the chatty couple who we never actually saw who used to make commercials for Country Crock. 

Well, with the Kardashians in the ad then it probably really is a crock.

• Like 1
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 3

The Kraft mayo commercial, where the guy with a straggly mustache is sniffing mayonnaise. "Let your mayo freak flag fly."  And there are "Mayo rituals"? Who knew? I just know I'll avoid Kraft mayo as long as the ads are running.

• Like 1