Type keyword(s) to search

Kindred Spirits - General Discussion

• Start Topic

I just discovered this show recently and am enjoying it.  It does crack me up though how they will land on a theorty then treat it as if it were fact throughout the investigation, even if they don't get any evidence to back it up. 

• Love 1
On 3/15/2019 at 9:24 AM, Cranky One said:

I loved last night's episode! Probably one of the best ones they ever did. When the train warning went off and then stopped with no train was nuts and then the homeowner saying that trains never go through town that time of year. Crazy!

Agreed. I was creeped out by that as well. And then once they explained to the ghost that she was dead, she appeared to move on. That's a pretty intelligent haunting. 

On 3/15/2019 at 7:24 AM, Cranky One said:

I loved last night's episode! Probably one of the best ones they ever did. When the train warning went off and then stopped with no train was nuts and then the homeowner saying that trains never go through town that time of year. Crazy!

The new show took awhile but now I'm dign it. When I saw this latest ep I thought another Lizzie ep?  Blaaaaaaaah.  But they did have a new twist on it and it creeped me out hugely LOL!

On 3/22/2019 at 11:29 AM, wlk68 said:

Agreed. I was creeped out by that as well. And then once they explained to the ghost that she was dead, she appeared to move on. That's a pretty intelligent haunting. 

I don't think I saw that ep.  Will have to look it up. Trains are super creepy!

On 3/21/2019 at 3:12 PM, Cowgirl said:

I just discovered this show recently and am enjoying it.  It does crack me up though how they will land on a theorty then treat it as if it were fact throughout the investigation, even if they don't get any evidence to back it up. 

You know what makes me laugh, and it happens everytime...

Question to witness: will you take us to the haunted place where you had the experience?

Witness: sure, I'll  take you to the front door but I am NOT going in!  Not for a million dollars, no way no how.

Question to witness: will you go in with us?

Witness:  okay

LOLOLOLOOOL kills me every dam time.  And usually only takes once to ask

• LOL 4

In the episode with the train warning, I was even more creeped out about the light crackling on and off when Adam was in the hallway about to link up with Amy at the train crossing.  Creepy deepy!

I'm finally getting Season 3 episodes on DTour. The last one I watched was the one with the plantation. The third season definitely has a different feel to it. Amy and Adam are going to well known haunted locations ala Ghost Adventures, rather than family homes. I don't like how they claim to see stuff, but their static cameras seem to catch nothing. Like it's great that you saw a figure standing in the hallway, but maybe try pointing your camera toward it? Just a thought...

• Love 3

I watched the Villisca Ax Murder House episode. It was good. Definitely a different feel than when Ghost Adventures and other shows have investigated. Chip Coffey always makes everything a little more creepy, heh. I definitely would have liked more info on who he believed was the killer. A name? Was the man someone who knew the family? Inquiring minds want to know...

Anyone can tell me how many episodes are left this season? I feel like it took forever for DTour to air season 3 and I don't want it to end too soon. 

On 7/27/2019 at 10:18 PM, jewel21 said:

Anyone can tell me how many episodes are left this season? I feel like it took forever for DTour to air season 3 and I don't want it to end too soon. 

There are at least 10 episodes in S3.  The episode you mention is S3 ep 9, so if you're seeing them in order you only have one left.  

I couldn't find anything about the show being renewed for a fourth season. 

• Love 1
13 minutes ago, lu1535 said:

Are these new episodes being shown? Tv just isn't as easy as it used to be.😕

You can say that again.  I haven't been following the show that closely, but I do know it's on, and I know that it's doing something a lot of Discovery/History/Travel Channel shows have been doing.  They'll take 2 old 1 hour episodes, combine them into a 2 hour show and label it as "New".   With shows that don't have particularly distinct episodes, like KS, Dead Files and Forged in Fire, sometimes you can get taken in.  Now I'm suspicious of any 2 hour episodes. 

• Love 2
8 hours ago, jewel21 said:

No new episodes sadly. And I'm not sure when, and if, we'll be getting more. I hope so though; I quite like this show. 

I just did some research and found there will be 10 new episodes beginning Friday, January 3, 2020, at 9 p.m. ET/PT on travel channel. 🥳 Yahoo!

• Love 1

Season 4 airs in a couple of days! I'm so excited 😄

S04.E01: School Spirit 

The Farrar Schoolhouse in Maxwell, Iowa, closed years ago, but a dark paranormal force recently seized control of the building. Witnesses claim a massive 14-foot entity now runs rampant through the four-story schoolhouse, prompting the caretakers to call in help. Amy Bruni and Adam Berry crack into the haunted space in search of answers. When shocking details regarding a cold-case murder align with information gathered during the investigation, there’s no choice but to call on the help Chip Coffey. Where did this massive entity come from? And why is it so angry?

Airdate: 01/03/2020

• Love 1

Is no one watching the new season?

New episodes haven't aired in Canada yet, but I managed to catch the first two episodes. I noticed Chip was on both episodes. I'm not sure if this is a regular thing or if it was just the first couple of episodes. 

I saw the one with the house from The Conjuring. The woman who was tormented the most as a child looked so terrified to be there. I'm not sure you can fake that kind of fear. I felt bad for her. 

6 hours ago, jewel21 said:

Is no one watching the new season?

I've tried, but I think after 15 years of watching this and various other ghost hunting shows, I'm out.  (Which probably means I never have to turn on the Travel Channel again.)   

• LOL 2
On 1/23/2020 at 10:53 PM, Quilt Fairy said:

I've tried, but I think after 15 years of watching this and various other ghost hunting shows, I'm out.  (Which probably means I never have to turn on the Travel Channel again.)   

Same here. Surprisingly Ghost Hunters (with Grant) was my favorite of the reboots. I admit I only watched a few episodes but it seemed the most even-handed with a logic / skeptic / open mind approach.

Kindred Spirits totally lost me with Chip Coffey and having every darn show with amazing EVPs and spirits banished with positive energy or whatever they are doing now. I get that other people love that, but I really prefer a show with a glimmer of skepticism. Too bad, because I love the two of them as a duo. Thanks for nothing, Travel Channel! Wasn't having Ghost Adventures enough?

Edited by CrazyDog
  • Love 1

Kindred Spirits is middle of the pack for me. My favourite are the skeptical shows, which are sadly few and far between. Then the more positive shows like Ghost Brothers (humour) and Kindred Spirits (sympathetic to the ghosts and trying to help them). My least favourite are the demons, demons, everywhere! shows like Ghost Adventures or The Dead Files. I'll admit, the drama and what I see as overacting is kind of fun, but I often feel like a good proportion of the homeowners have a fair amount of non-supernatural issues and are being taken advantage of by these shows. 

Ghost Nation is going to begin its second season this month, On Demand their summary episode of the first season...it will save you the tedium of the full shows...

I would rank it middle lane on the ghost highway.

The cast member named Tango is irritating, too jumpy for his own good.

• Love 1

DTour my Canadian station for airing supernatural stuff is finally showing the current season of Kindred Spirits. I saw the first 4 episodes on YT but it's nice to be able to see the rest of the season on my big screen TV, even if the channel is not in HD. 

I'm still not sure how I feel about Chip joining the show. At least his role is pretty small. 

The episode I saw was with a woman living in a big house where shadows and something outside hated men. Her dad wouldn't even mow her giant back yard. Apparently Native spirits were upset that a pipeline had been put in disturbing the water source. 

@humbleopinion, your post might be better served in the Ghost Nation thread found here.

• Love 1

I like Chip Coffey well enough, but I really hate how Amy and Adam will seem to glom onto a theory and that's it!  They won't consider anything else or if they have a bias.  I wish I could think of an example right now, but the past two seasons seemed full of this.

It also makes my eyes roll at how much people shoult and cuss in these ghost shows.  If you're looking for older ghosts, many people in prior eras were very offended by cussing.  Try to be more respectful.  If I were a ghost, I'd push the hunters down the stairs for their potty mouths!

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

Travel Channel wraps up Ghostober on Halloween night with the ultimate series crossover featuring superstar paranormal investigators from two of the network’s hit shows, Ghost Nation and Kindred Spirits. The ghost-hunting teams reunite for the first time in nearly a decade to explore frightening activity inside an illustrious Newport, Rhode Island, mansion in Ghost Nation: Reunion in Hell, premiering Saturday, October 31 at 8 p.m. ET/PT. 

https://www.travelchannel.com/shows/new-on-travel-channel/ghostober-2020-lineup

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

What I liked about the Salem show was that they realized part way through the investigation that it was their own prior shenanigans that caused everything to get all negatively stirred up again, then spent the rest of the show trying to fix it. I have a feeling that happens more often than a lot of "ghost hunters" would like to admit, especially crews that come in and do a lot of provoking.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

I keep wondering if the Discovery + channel is proving to be successful or not.

I do like how they do the exercise where one listens to the spirit box or whatever with a blindfold on, and the other asks questions. I still hate how they glom onto a theory and then act as if it is fact.

It cracks me up when Chip does the long distance readings over the computer.  I do like Chip though, and am happy he's still on the show. 

• Love 1
On 4/16/2020 at 4:29 PM, Cowgirl said:

I like Chip Coffey well enough, but I really hate how Amy and Adam will seem to glom onto a theory and that's it!  They won't consider anything else or if they have a bias.  I wish I could think of an example right now, but the past two seasons seemed full of this.

It also makes my eyes roll at how much people shoult and cuss in these ghost shows.  If you're looking for older ghosts, many people in prior eras were very offended by cussing.  Try to be more respectful.  If I were a ghost, I'd push the hunters down the stairs for their potty mouths!

Unfortunately time is a factor.  Damn ads eat it all up.  Chip always cracks me up when he has an epiphany.  Love him.  Wonder when he will start investigating in person again. Plus i dont know much about this but theres something Mecum's rule, or law.  About how the easiest answer is the right answer.  Man i butchered that.  Just that it doesnt have to be some grand scheme. Sometimes the easiest works best.  Blah some one quick, stop the filibuster!! Baahaaaaaammmuaa losing it.

• Love 1

Fantastic!  I've been wondering when when when.  And dropping them both at the same time is doubly fantastic!  They all should do it that way.  I think they've been experimenting with different ways of doing it, but this way is BEST.

Just got my friend hooked on this show.  I was trying to find the episode where Amy is at a train crossing and Adam is getting answers to her questions while he's back at the haunted house.  That episode was called Ghost Train but I picked the wrong episode and it was pretty boring. It also had "Train" in the title, but I can't remember which one it is. Glad my friend still likes it anyway!  I found Ghost Train next and we watched that one. 

• Love 2
On 1/24/2022 at 4:33 PM, Cowgirl said:

Just got my friend hooked on this show.  I was trying to find the episode where Amy is at a train crossing and Adam is getting answers to her questions while he's back at the haunted house.  That episode was called Ghost Train but I picked the wrong episode and it was pretty boring. It also had "Train" in the title, but I can't remember which one it is. Glad my friend still likes it anyway!  I found Ghost Train next and we watched that one. 

Hahaha yeah that's one of my favorite eps.  Amy gets so shook up, but in a good way, not like crying or  anything.  Shes excited that it happened 

• Love 1

I'm glad this show is back. I can't remember at all if I actually watched last season. 🤔g *the g won't delete*

Edit - I remember now. I was saving the episodes in the DVR until the season ended so I can binge watch. The DVR was glitching real bad so I had to hard reset, so everything deleted.

Edited by falltime
I remember why
  • Sad 1

I no longer have access to the travel channel.😞   I would say the Nancy bird lover episode was a nice place to leave off at. I  did get a bit emotional when Amy started to tear up.

I was able to finally watch S6 and my favorite episode was the one where the mother and daughter don't know they are there together.

1 hour ago, Quilt Fairy said:

Where are you reading this?  I can't find any confirmation.

I hope you're right.  I didnt see it anywhere, that's just been the speculation on the Destination fear board and the GA one