Type keyword(s) to search

Kindred Spirits - General Discussion

• Start Topic

From the TLC website:

It's fright or flight on Friday nights! The world of the unknown debuts on TLC with Kindred Spirits. This show follows renowned ghost hunters Amy Bruni and Adam Berry as they help real families who are tormented by paranormal activity in their homes. Scared by the mysterious happenings, but hesitant to pick up and leave their homes, these families have turned to two of America's leading paranormal investigators to capture evidence, guide the spirits into the light and bring closure to family. Kindred Spirits premieres on Friday, October 21 at 10/9c immediately following the premieres of one-hour special Ghosts of Shepherdstown at 8/7c and a new season of paranormal fan favorite A Haunting at 9/8c.

With the added stress that the spirits may be their own late family members, each episode ofKindred Spiritsintroduces a new family that seeks help from Amy and Adam. In the premiere episode, the paranormal experts meet Catherine and her daughter, who live on a 34-acre property in Little Meadows, Penn. They've been experiencing multiple things that they cannot explain - smashed light fixtures, being woken up in their sleep and inexplicable scratches. It takes Amy and Adam multiple investigations to figure out who is bothering them, but more importantly, can they figure out why? It's up to the experts to help this family reach closure by facilitating contact with the other side.

• Love 1

I just seen the premiere episode the other day. It kind of got me when Amy and Adam said they both seen something moving in the woods. It would have been nice if they got footage of that though.

I caught this by accident the other day. The shoe box murder, was that the first episode? In any case, I'm in. I love paranormal shows. And I like that I recognize the female paranormal expert. She was on Ghost Hunters, if memory serves.

• Love 1

I used to be a regular Ghost Hunters watcher, and always liked Amy and Adam so really wanted to like this show. But after watching the first episode it just came across as so fake to me. (Maybe one of the reasons I stopped watching Ghost Hunters.)

Adam & Amy were in the house with the homeowner at night listening for spirits and didn't hear anything. Then they played back a hand-held recorder which captured voices that were supposedly two different deceased children. I can believe that a spirit's voice wouldn't be heard, but would be captured in a recording. But the show is recorded!! Why would the hand-held recorder pick up the spirit's noises when the TV production recording at the same time didn't? It makes no sense to me.

4 hours ago, Darian said:

Yeah, I liked Amy and Adam so well on Ghost Hunters that I broke my TLC boycott to watch. I'll probably give it more time, but it's not working for me at all. 

ITA.  I thought I might enjoy this more than any of the current ghost hunter type shows because they're focusing on people's private homes rather than estates, prisons, mental hospitals and other historical places, and I like Adam and Amy.  But I think I'm just Ghost Hunter-ed out.

I like it, and will keep it on my DVR (I just binge-watched the season). I like it because it's so pared down in comparison with GH. Amy and Adam seem like decent people, and the interactions seem very compassionate. They don't seem very bogged down in their own importance or "mythology."

• Like 1
  • Love 2

So TLC has been playing a bunch of repeats that my PVR has picked up and one ep where they're in the Lizzie Borden house and Chip Coffey makes an appearance. I'm assuming this was a new episode? I hate that I don't get episode and season numbers next to the descriptions. They're using more equipment that has been appearing on Ghost Adventures for awhile now, including that camera that picks up stick figures and a device that uses white noise for ghosts to speak through. I've never liked these particular devices and have voiced my displeasure in the past about their use and authenticity on the Ghost Adventures board. I'm not thrilled they're being used on this show either. Thoughts?

Lizzie Borden was the first episode of Season 2. It's funny, I remember liking Amy and Adam together, but I totally blanked on the name of the show, so when it popped up in my DVR, I was puzzled.

I don't like the electronic equipment. I keep thinking, and actually had a discussion with friends a couple weeks ago, people have claimed to have seen ghosts forever. (Including myself... I do believe in ghosts but am a skeptic of most of these shows!) When people have talked about hauntings, they didn't have the Spectral Speak & Spell or the Hangman/Stick Figure device. Why -- when teams go into these "highly haunted places" -- are they depending on these rather than plain old witnessing ghosts, the things that made people say the place was haunted in the first place?

The electromagnetic measuring thing -- that I can understand. Ditto for the thermometer to document cold spots. But the rest seems to me to be foolish. I see my comment above that I liked this show because it's pared down. Not if they start with all the fancy (and to me, unnecessary) electronics.

• Love 1

The EVPs were interesting and I like that they stuck to simple technology and none of the fancy stuff that I see on Ghost Adventures. A camera and recorder work for me. The EVP of the female spirit saying she has five children was freaky.

That house is super creepy though, ugly, and in the middle of nowhere. No way would I live in it, haunted or not, lol.

• Love 2
On ‎9‎/‎17‎/‎2017 at 0:33 AM, jewel21 said:

So TLC has been playing a bunch of repeats that my PVR has picked up and one ep where they're in the Lizzie Borden house and Chip Coffey makes an appearance.

Just caught this one too.  I really do not like Chip Coffey (esp from his Paranormal State days) but I really hated that he told that poor woman to "let go" of her dad.  I can't believe he said that to her!!!  I would have told him to f*ck off.  His attitude reminded me of how Sylvia Brown got on Montel after her popularity went through the roof.  Geez, man, be a little sympathetic.  Anyway, I've caught about 5 or 6 episodes so far, and, agree with you all that they are cute together and I thoroughly enjoy their reactions to the "responses."

• Love 1
1 minute ago, QuinnInND said:

I agree. And her daughter Charlotte is 5 years old today. Seems like yesterday Amy was pregnant on GH. 

I've never seen her anywhere else, but I like her.  Adam, too, but it seems like Amy is totally in control.  Just as Nick is in control over Katrina on Paranormal Lockdown.

• Love 2

I definitely like their more laid back approach to things. They're not hysterical or barking out commands. They're very calm and respectful when asking questions. Was Amy's psychic friend, who came to help out in the last episode, also from Ghost Hunters?

• Love 1
On 10/11/2017 at 8:40 PM, jewel21 said:

I definitely like their more laid back approach to things. They're not hysterical or barking out commands. They're very calm and respectful when asking questions. Was Amy's psychic friend, who came to help out in the last episode, also from Ghost Hunters?

Chip Coffey?  No was from the old show PRS (paranormal state)  out of Penn U

Kindred spirits is my favorite show!  Love how amy and adam work. What baffles me though is why do all the lights have to be cut? And why do they only see ghost as anomaly on their laptop stick figure?  The people who live in the house see ghosts as apparitions day or night and dont use such equipment.  I guess I've never heard of this new technology they're using but do they not see the spirit in tge room without it? Confused but love love tge show!!

• Love 1
On 10/14/2017 at 5:09 PM, RedheadZombie said:

Chip was also on Psychic Kids:  Children of the Paranormal.  I really liked that show.

I did too.  They didnt give it a chance, it could have gone farther

On 10/11/2017 at 8:18 PM, QuinnInND said:

I agree. And her daughter Charlotte is 5 years old today. Seems like yesterday Amy was pregnant on GH. 

Happy Birthday Charlotte!  5 yrs!  It does seem like not that long ago.  Lost time!!  Kidding :)  seriously, Have a great Birthday Charlotte!

• Love 1

I'm glad that they make cases with children top priorities.  This last one with the little boy was good - and a completely surprise haunting (IMO, at least!).

On ‎10‎/‎15‎/‎2017 at 2:14 PM, CarlyC said:

Kindred spirits is my favorite show!  Love how amy and adam work. What baffles me though is why do all the lights have to be cut? And why do they only see ghost as anomaly on their laptop stick figure?  The people who live in the house see ghosts as apparitions day or night and dont use such equipment.  I guess I've never heard of this new technology they're using but do they not see the spirit in tge room without it? Confused but love love tge show!!

Agreed!!!  It is really good.  Now, granted, I'm speculating, but I think they do that because that way they can get documented proof of the hauntings.  I don't like that stick-figure camera thing - too creepy for me.

• Love 1
On 10/30/2017 at 8:37 AM, TheGreenWave said:

I'm glad that they make cases with children top priorities.  This last one with the little boy was good - and a completely surprise haunting (IMO, at least!).

Agreed!!!  It is really good.  Now, granted, I'm speculating, but I think they do that because that way they can get documented proof of the hauntings.  I don't like that stick-figure camera thing - too creepy for me.

Yeah, tis the next progression of an investigation.  They had the personal experiences,  maybe got pix of some.  Then call in the big boys.  Rotar Router if you will hah.  They will try to validate the personal experiences and get documented proof..  Then if it can be exorcised it will.  So they do do a lot more than people think

Last night was the new episode on the Destination America Channel.

Amy and Adam helping a Floridian family with entities affecting several members of the family including a couple of the kids.

This was probably one of their most successful show in terms of EVPs, research and results.

Try to find it and enjoy!

Adam Berry's Twitter....

Ok so it’s official! Kindred Spirits is now on @travelchannel !! So those of you who’ve not been able to watch can now catch seasons 1 & 2 starting 6/22 at 11/10c right after #DeadFiles IF YOU WANT NEW EPISODES you must WATCH these repeats ? #ratingsmatter

I've only watched the first episode of the new season, and I like Amy and Adam...but what happened to this show? It's turned into Ghost Adventures and that's not a good thing. I don't remember the constant dramatic music, the special effects like the hand in the hallway, and Amy and Adam getting caught up as much, so quickly. I always thought they were a bit more level headed in how they approached things.

I'll check out one more ep and hope it's better and a bit more toned down.

Edited by CrazyDog
  • Love 5
13 hours ago, CrazyDog said:

I've only watched the first episode of the new season, and I like Amy and Adam...but what happened to this show? It's turned into Ghost Adventures and that's not a good thing. I don't remember the constant dramatic music, the special effects like the hand in the hallway, and Amy and Adam getting caught up as much, so quickly. I always thought they were a bit more level headed in how they approached things.

Yeah I think all came into play when they moved to Travel Channel.  It definitely  has the Hollywood effect right now.  Jury is still out.

• Love 2

Grant Wilson (who I still like even after that whole Halloween show mess on Ghost Hunters), is on tonight, so I'll probably check out the episode, then I'm out. The first two episodes were just ridiculous, with the effects, and the total reaches they were doing to make a story. I wonder if Amy and Adam are really happy with the direction the show is going. Such a bummer.

Edited by CrazyDog

I watched last night and im done with the show...it was nothing...and the kid who stated he saw a large shadow standing on the water was shifty...while Amy and Adam were relating what they found that kid was glaring at them...shit my old farm house is more haunted that they are...and I dont have any ghosts...

On ‎1‎/‎31‎/‎2019 at 12:42 AM, CrazyDog said:

I have only seen a few episodes of S3 and couldn't agree more. What I loved about this show was that they went into people's homes in S1 and S2 instead of the usual spots other ghost shows investigate. I don't care about some abandoned insane asylum or old building. I hope they go back to the old format.

Edited by Cranky One
  • Love 4

I loved last night's episode! Probably one of the best ones they ever did. When the train warning went off and then stopped with no train was nuts and then the homeowner saying that trains never go through town that time of year. Crazy!

• Love 3