Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E08: One Less Fish in the Sea

OnceSane
  • Start Topic

18 minutes ago, syzygy said:

Kelley on the other handed really needed to mind his own business. It's not that I don't agree that Kyle wasn't somewhat wronged, it's just that Kyle handled it just fine himself and I feel like Kelley was overly aggressive about it.

Yes, that whole "it affects my staff" was such BS. He's gotten called out for not being a good manager and he thinks this is the way to solve it. (BTW, why did Lee give him heck for being "too friendly" with the crew in the pool/snorkeling debacle, when it was not that, but rather poor planning on the part of Kelley? I don't think yelling at the crew would have been a more positive way to deal with it. The problem was the pool was in the way of the f'king boat)

Edited by dleighg
  • Love 2

I really aggressively dislike all of the romantic story lines this season. We know what happens with Kate's relationship. Kelly's crush on Emily was uncomfortable. Lauren's crush on Nico was uncomfortable. Nico trying to kiss both Emily and Sierra was uncomfortable. Sierra and Kyle were uncomfortable. Emily and Ben were  boring. I miss Kate and Ben.

Kelley's response to Sierra was mind-boggling. There was no reason to be that worked up on behalf of a short-term employee.

• Love 9

I really aggressively dislike all of the romantic story lines this season. We know what happens with Kate's relationship. Kelly's crush on Emily was uncomfortable. Lauren's crush on Nico was uncomfortable. Nico trying to kiss both Emily and Sierra was uncomfortable. Sierra and Kyle were uncomfortable. Emily and Ben were  boring. I miss Kate and Ben.

Kelley's response to Sierra was mind-boggling. There was no reason to be that worked up on behalf of a short-term employee.

"We know what happens with Kate's relationship."

Wait! I don't! What happens?

16 hours ago, syzygy said:

I think Sierra definitely acted really immature on the date. She really just should have not even agreed to go, or made it into a group thing if she wasn't actually interested in him.

I agree. FWIW (For What It's Worth ;-), Sierra did try to make it a group thing and it made Kyle angry. 

She told Emily while cleaning a bathroom, that in her mind it wasn't a date. She just wanted to hang out and get to know each other. She said she wished that Em and Kelley were going - to take some of the "heaviness out of the vibe".  She didn't know why it was "expected to be this full blown romantic thing."

She also said, twice, that she was uncomfortable with his persistence - and this was before she even stepped foot on the boat.  Said it again during this episode. All these things she's saying makes me believe he was moving too fast.  

Her mistake was going.  Yeah, she acted immature on the boat but maybe her defenses were up and the nervousness came out. Fleeing and texting a friend was the only way to escape him on a 40 foot fishing boat.

He gives me the heebie jeebies.  Maybe he sends money to his baby mama so she never has to work again because he's locked her in a cubby under the stairs.  Just kidding.  Sort of.

The other woman he was going to support, by juggling in the square, escaped by running away with someone else.  Smart bird.

• Love 6
19 hours ago, ryebread said:

I'm going to give Sierra a pass.  Probably because I think Kyle is creepy AF, but also because:

She was doing her due diligence and getting to know him better by going for the walk to the cash transfer place.  Agreed to go fishing, in her words, as "two mature adults trying to get to know each other."  She was uncomfortable going on the fishing trip alone but she went anyway.  Even after Kate had an 'intervention' and told Sierra that she had "to give Kyle a chance", Sierra was still somewhat resistant. I felt like Sierra was being pushed. 

I don't think the pushing stopped once she got on the fishing boat as evidenced by Kyle trying to sit on her/with her on the single fishing chair.  She said it made her uncomfortable that he was so persistent and adamant.  And then you can see him baiting her about baiting the hook.  By that point, it looked, to me like she'd had enough. 

Who knows how jerky he was being on that boat? The only place to escape him and his advances, was to go up on the flybridge.  So he follows her there.  Perhaps the only way to finally and completely shut him down after he showed his pushy self, was to say she had someone back home.  

BTDT.  Out with someone wanting to get to know them better and them becoming pushy/overbearing.  When young, I might've reacted exactly as Sierra did.  Nice at first, accommodating to the point of becoming uncomfortable and then making something up or just fleeing.

I also want to give Sierra some credit. I think that we only saw a few minutes of a date that could have lasted hours. She should not have been texting and ignoring him (what we saw) but she might have been attentive otherwise. She and Kyle just seemed to have very mismatched expectations. It's a tough situation when you know another person likes you but you don't reciprocate, especially if you live AND work together! She simply didn't know how to handle a situation that required nuance. Most of the time when we think our actions will prevent hurt feelings, they end up hurting people's feelings. 

I do appreciate how upfront Kyle can be. He very simply expressed that he felt hurt later in the evening. But he did let Kelley get on her case, which was so inappropriate. 

• Love 3
49 minutes ago, indiscutable said:

I also want to give Sierra some credit. I think that we only saw a few minutes of a date that could have lasted hours. She should not have been texting and ignoring him (what we saw) but she might have been attentive otherwise. She and Kyle just seemed to have very mismatched expectations. It's a tough situation when you know another person likes you but you don't reciprocate, especially if you live AND work together! She simply didn't know how to handle a situation that required nuance. Most of the time when we think our actions will prevent hurt feelings, they end up hurting people's feelings. 

I do appreciate how upfront Kyle can be. He very simply expressed that he felt hurt later in the evening. But he did let Kelley get on her case, which was so inappropriate. 

Agree on all points.  I appreciate Kyle being straight about his feelings after the disastrous fishing trip.  He did admit to falling in love too fast with women, which, in his words, always ends badly for him.  He seems like a hapless, lost soul.  Since he was 15 and 8 months.

That said, Sierra said she was texting with a girlfriend.  Just because Kyle said she was on the phone with a guy doesn't make it true.  Either he assumed or flat out lied that it was a guy she was texting with and tells Kelley it was so.  Then Kelley calls her a dick and acts like her dad on the dock by telling her she wasn't going to mess with Kyle.  When she smiles (like she does all the damn time) he says, "Keep smiling"? 

To me that was so aggressive.  If I was Sierra I would have interpreted that like, 'Keep smiling' or what?  You're going to wipe it off my face?  Gross.  Roid rage?

Right after that, Sierra decides she's not going for dinner. The guys start walking to the restaurant but Kelley follows her.  Kate tells him to mind his own beeswax so he starts leaving the boat. When Lauren is hanging back with Sierrra, Kelly barks, "Lauren. Come."

Seriously, dude?  She's not your dog.

• Love 11
57 minutes ago, Giselle said:

Why is Kelly even on the boat when the Captain has a radio and writes up Kelly's "To Do List".

I'd bust Kelly down to "senior deckhand" and let one of the off-camera crew be Bosun.

I believe the 2 guys off-camera are senior to Kelley anyway.  The First Mate and the second officer - I could be wrong, though.  

• Love 2
20 hours ago, dleighg said:

Yes, that whole "it affects my staff" was such BS. He's gotten called out for not being a good manager and he thinks this is the way to solve it. (BTW, why did Lee give him heck for being "too friendly" with the crew in the pool/snorkeling debacle, when it was not that, but rather poor planning on the part of Kelley? I don't think yelling at the crew would have been a more positive way to deal with it. The problem was the pool was in the way of the f'king boat)

Exactly. It was none of Kelley's business, but I would have respected him more if he was just honest about why he was pissed. The bad date in no way effected his crew, especially given how maturely Kyle told Sierra about his feelings later. I think it was handled, done with, the end. 

4 hours ago, ryebread said:

I agree. FWIW (For What It's Worth ;-), Sierra did try to make it a group thing and it made Kyle angry. 

She told Emily while cleaning a bathroom, that in her mind it wasn't a date. She just wanted to hang out and get to know each other. She said she wished that Em and Kelley were going - to take some of the "heaviness out of the vibe".  She didn't know why it was "expected to be this full blown romantic thing."

She also said, twice, that she was uncomfortable with his persistence - and this was before she even stepped foot on the boat.  Said it again during this episode. All these things she's saying makes me believe he was moving too fast.

But Sierra said this twice to other people. Not to Kyle. He was very direct when he asked her out. I don't remember his exact words, but it was something like - "I really fancy you and I love to take out on a date". Nothing he said sounded like just two co-workers kicking it, to me. THAT was the time to say you'd be more comfortable in a group setting, didn't want a romantic date, etc. By accepting (and she seemed quite happy about it at the time), that led him to believe she was interested in what HE was interested in. 

But then the kid was mentioned, and THAT'S when she tried to change it into a group date. Behind his back, no less. She never went to him and said, "Kyle, I'm starting to feel too much pressure, can we invite a few others along?" No, she heard that Kelley wanted to tag along on his date with Emily and she jumped all over it without consulting Kyle. Not only was that rude to Kyle, but it was rude to Emily who has expressed being uncomfortable with Kelley. And then Kyle had to find out about this from others, all crammed in a bathroom together laughing. It likely hurt. 

But then she STILL didn't sit down with him and frankly state her feelings about the situation. She still went on the date. And he did flirt, as most people do on a date. And she was rude and immature, and I was actually pretty pleased to see how mature and straightforward he was when he finally addressed it once and for all. 

Kyle is a bit of an odd duck and I can certainly see how he'd be offputting to some. But I didn't see him do anything that made him not deserve an honest conversation from Sierra. 

• Love 12
1 hour ago, ghoulina said:

But Sierra said this twice to other people. Not to Kyle. He was very direct when he asked her out. I don't remember his exact words, but it was something like - "I really fancy you and I love to take out on a date". Nothing he said sounded like just two co-workers kicking it, to me. THAT was the time to say you'd be more comfortable in a group setting, didn't want a romantic date, etc. By accepting (and she seemed quite happy about it at the time), that led him to believe she was interested in what HE was interested in. 

But then the kid was mentioned, and THAT'S when she tried to change it into a group date.

I still think that it wasn't the kid that turned her off, it was that this hapless juggler said that he was supporting the mother and that she'd never have to work again.  I mean, it could have been the kid that scared Sierra.  Anyone who chooses a yachtie lifestyle probably wouldn't chose that scenario, I get that.  Personally, a child wouldn't scare me - however, a guy that, seemingly, doesn't have 2 nickels to rub together who supports his baby mama so she doesn't have to work would make swim to shore and then run for the hills.

And then we find out he lived on the streets to try to earn money for another woman (who had a good job) and it makes me think he's not so much generous as he is a dum dum. 

He, himself said that he takes a woman to dinner, falls in love and it ends up badly for him.  He also said that on a first date he took a woman to the dumpster, impregnated her and he now supports the child (as he should) but also the mother for who-knows-how-long.  So here are two examples that he admits he moved fast and we're not supposed to believe he made Sierra feel that?  Maybe she told him 25 times on the fishing boat how she felt and when he still insisted on sitting on her, that's when she headed to the flybridge.

I absolutely agree that she should have just shut him down the minute she started to feel uneasy.  And I also agree it was on that walk to the cash transfer place.  I just don't think we agree on if it was the kid, or the kid's mom that made her feel that way.  Might've been, but we'll never know.  Looks to me that as soon as the cat is out of the bag that he's bi, she's over it anyway.  Now there's something he should have been upfront about.

• Love 5

Oh yea, it could have been the comments about the kid's mom instead. I have no idea. I just meant that it was after that little outing that she seemed to change her tune. And, again, I'm not saying I blame her. But I just think a lot of trouble could have been saved if she was as honest with him about how she was feeling as he was with her. 

• Love 5
5 hours ago, ryebread said:

That said, Sierra said she was texting with a girlfriend.  Just because Kyle said she was on the phone with a guy doesn't make it true.  Either he assumed or flat out lied that it was a guy she was texting with and tells Kelley it was so.  Then Kelley calls her a dick and acts like her dad on the dock by telling her she wasn't going to mess with Kyle.  When she smiles (like she does all the damn time) he says, "Keep smiling"? 

To me that was so aggressive.  If I was Sierra I would have interpreted that like, 'Keep smiling' or what?  You're going to wipe it off my face?  Gross.  Roid rage?

Right after that, Sierra decides she's not going for dinner. The guys start walking to the restaurant but Kelley follows her.  Kate tells him to mind his own beeswax so he starts leaving the boat. When Lauren is hanging back with Sierrra, Kelly barks, "Lauren. Come."

Seriously, dude?  She's not your dog.

(bolding mine)

Just wanted to point out, on the boat Kyle saw her texting and asked if she had a guy back home (I forget what he phrased it as - a male interest? some weird turn of phrase) and she muttered "mmhmm" or something like that. That's when he got the impression that she was texting a guy back home and that's what he told people when they came back from the trip. Sierra later claimed she was texting a (girl) friend.

I think probably Sierra didn't understand what he asked at first, or maybe later she saw that he seemed hurt and denied it. Either way, it really didn't warrant Kelley's response. I totally agree, he had a very aggressive/demanding manner and people who have that kind of attitude can end up being scary to deal with. At least in my personal experience.

• Love 3
7 hours ago, ryebread said:

In the real world that's the order of rank.  But in reality TV world, who knows?

That's very true, but they DO have to have actual accredited crew or they couldn't be in the open water with charters.  I have no doubt that some are valid.

• Love 1
11 hours ago, OnceSane said:

I don't think Kyle "let" Kelley get in her face, Kelley did that on his own.

Kyle did let Kelley confront Sierra by not stepping up and telling him to mind his own business and not to fight his battles for him. 

• Love 3
19 minutes ago, indiscutable said:

Kyle did let Kelley confront Sierra by not stepping up and telling him to mind his own business and not to fight his battles for him. 

Agreed, but Kyle stirred the shit by whining to a drunk Kelley about it in the first place.  Dude, you had a date go shitty, maybe don't share tears and cig drags with your "boss" over it.

• Love 5
4 hours ago, Adultosaurus said:

That's very true, but they DO have to have actual accredited crew or they couldn't be in the open water with charters.  I have no doubt that some are valid.

Though again one of the crew who isn't featured is the one who put the guests in danger a few episodes ago.

Has no one on this boat ever heard of sexual harassment? If a co-worker of mine stripped off his shirt and layed on top of me he's need a ambulance! And fast. These guys are all out of there little minds if they think this the way to get a woman's interest.

• Love 10

It's rich when Kelly is bad mouthing Ben to Kyle saying he bags someone every season. Kelly was all over Janice 2 seasons ago and struck out. He struck out again with his juvenile behavior. Sour grapes in my opinion.

• Love 2
43 minutes ago, Giselle said:

It's rich when Kelly is bad mouthing Ben to Kyle saying he bags someone every season. Kelly was all over Janice 2 seasons ago and struck out. He struck out again with his juvenile behavior. Sour grapes in my opinion.

He didn't strike out, once he got her he found her clingy and broke up with her by being super passive agressive. 

• Love 2
13 hours ago, biakbiak said:

He didn't strike out, once he got her he found her clingy and broke up with her by being super passive agressive. 

It was more like he pursued and pursued and pursued her (she had a bf) and once he finally won her over he was over her and acted accordingly. I never got that she was clingy; it seemed more that she finally showed some reciprocation for all the feelings he acted like he had for her and then he used that against her. Seems Kelley likes the chase only. He'd probably be "over" Emily too about 5 minutes after she showed interest in him. He's not into these women as people; he's looking to feed his ego only.

Edited by Rebecca
Typo OCD
  • Love 12
15 minutes ago, Rebecca said:

It was more like he pursued and pursued and pursued her (she had a bf) and once he finally won her over he was over her and acted accordingly. I never got that she was clingy; it seemed more than she finally showed some reciprocation for all the feelings he acted like he had for her and then he used that against her. Seems Kelley likes the chase only. He'd probably be "over" Emily too about 5 minutes after she showed interest in him. He's not into these women as people; he's looking to feed his ego only.

The season was recently on a marathon and she was painfully clingly after their first date. She talked about moving in with him not only to his sister but to others and him. When he and Eddie where talking about Eddie and his girlfriend visiting Kelley in Ft. Lauderdale she jumped in the conversa6 to say they could go on double dates, she wasn't living there before the charter. Kelley said he could help her find a place if she wanted to move there independently of him and than she got sad and morose and bitched to Kate that she had nothing in life and no where to go and didn't understand why he rejected her.

Kelley was a passive agressive douche bUT she went from I have a boyfriend to wanting to plan theor lives together in a hot minute, 

• Love 3
On October 28, 2016 at 9:24 AM, eurekagirl mOo said:

Has no one on this boat ever heard of sexual harassment? If a co-worker of mine stripped off his shirt and layed on top of me he's need a ambulance! And fast. These guys are all out of there little minds if they think this the way to get a woman's interest.

This x 1000 likes.    Creepy.  And, not all of us are attracted to the muscle-proud guys.

• Love 2
17 hours ago, BogoGog24 said:

Don't forget sex. Because it's been 5 months.

........And "Lil Kelly" needs a place to dock!

I view the "relationships formed on these charters" more as hook ups. So Kelly calling Ben on it is pot meet Kettle. Kelly did, in my opinion, strike out with Jenice. He was looking for a screw and all he got was a clingy woman who played mind games. Served him right.

I have to remind myself again that this is a produced show where writers give direction or edit scenes to make people look a certain way. One of the reasons abusive drunks like Kate get such a good edit is because she does exactly what the production team wants.

Early on, the story was that Captain Lee chooses his own 1st mate and engineer who stay off camera. The rest of the regular crew get time off with pay and Bravo charters the boat for a couple of months. The guests and stars of the show are all part of the Bravo "charter."

• Love 3

Shut the fuck up Kelley.

I think Sierra was rude. She shouldn't have gone. 

I don't find Kyle physically attractive but think he's nice, funny & candid. Yikes Kate when she smiles or laughs ... sitting by Lauren and the other fresh faced curvy girls.....hate to say it but I think of Rachel Zoe when they called her raisin face and made fun of her rail frame and straw hair.