Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E06: Halloween Theft

LOL! Sandra dressing up as Dina was hilarious. SHUT UP SANDRA!

Oy! And then she returns with a costume so distracting that no one's listening. I can't stop laughing!

Whoa. There's a gag a minute. The old lady worker staring down the grim reaper....

Took me a minute to realize that Jonah is dressed as Brexit! LOL!

Cheyenne the gossip seeing the happy couple leaving at the end was just LOL :D

Edited by Big Mother
  • Love 8

This show is hilarious!!  I would love to be a fly on the wall during rehearsals.  

Sandra as Dina,  Dina as the slutty cop.  The grim reaper scenes were so funny! I think the weakest link on this show is Glen, or maybe it's just his annoying voice . 

• Love 2

On "After Midnight" a couple nights ago, they had Lauren Ash (Dina), Colton Dunn (Garrett), and Nico Santos (Mateo). Lauren looked very pretty (she has GORGEOUS skin) and her hair was very curly. And Colton Dunn is TALL, which surprised me, since we only see him sitting.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, juliet73 said:

This show is hilarious!!  I would love to be a fly on the wall during rehearsals.  

Especially this episode, with Garrett and Dina's boobs.   Both of them had to be cracking up. 

I'm still not feeling any chemistry between Jonah and Amy, but it looks like the show is going there. 

My favorite bit was Glenn realizing that the way Dina responds to him isn't standard behavior. 

• Love 3

Everyone's costumes were so spot on! I loved Amy's outfit, and of course Jonah goes with the "topical" pun costume, and gets annoyed when everyone isn't asking what he is.   

So many gags in this one. Dina and her sexy cop costume and Garrets inability to stop looking at her boobs, the old lady and the grim reaper outfit, Sandra dressed as Dinah, it was just great. 

• Love 1

The grim reaper thing happened so fast I had to rewatch those clips to see if what I thought was happening was happening!

In the first bit the grim reaper has its hand on an item while the old lady employee stares up in its eyes. She then reaches for its hand and it looks like she tries to hold it. (At first I thought the grim reaper was stealing stuff, but nope!)

The second scene we see the old lady chasing the grim reaper across an aisle. Presumably attracted to it, because, well, why wouldn't she be!

Moments later an exceptionally tall, skinny lady comes walking back in a Superstore vest carrying a clipboard. An employee, although I can't recall seeing her before and she's not in the group at the beginning of the episode.

Here's the second bit.

Did the grim reaper do a Superman outfit change? :)

Shut up Sandra!

• Love 1

OK, how long did it take everyone else to figure out Jonah was Brexit? I admit, it took me a few minutes. I wish he didn't feel the need to explain it at the end though.

What was Cheyenne dressed up as? Some sort of orange rabbit?

On "After Midnight" a couple nights ago, they had Lauren Ash (Dina), Colton Dunn (Garrett), and Nico Santos (Mateo). Lauren looked very pretty (she has GORGEOUS skin) and her hair was very curly. And Colton Dunn is TALL, which surprised me, since we only see him sitting.

I saw that too. Lauren Ash is really very pretty when she's fixed up. And whoa, mama - that costume! The hilariously absurd thing is that we saw her grab some sort of pre-packaged costume  off a peg. There's no way "slutty cop" is a pre-packaged costume like that in a big box store. I mean, the boots alone . . .

• Love 1

Pikachu! Hahaha! I didn't get either! But...it's so on point with what's going on in society! 

I WAS trying to figure out Jonah's costume...but I couldn't . And I should have...because that is totally a "topical pun" that I would pull! (And my family wouldn't let me live it down!)

Best episode of the season.  Sandra as Dina was gold.  

The employee dressed as a turtle (?) making the banging gesture with his hands as Ben listened to Amy was great.  

I use to want the show to do Ben & Amy, but now I hope its a slow 'Ben realizes he does have feelings for Amy, tries to suppress his feelings, tries to suppress his feelings, he finally admits his feelings, and she admits she likes him too, but theyre destined to just be a coulda been'.

Edited by Tiger
  • Love 1

I loved this one. The different pairings of characters are always fun. Jonah and Cheyenne bonding over their mutual love of gossip was great and her face at the end when she saw Mateo and the DM was perfect. Everyone knows that kind of stuff goes on in retail, but you can pretend to ignore it until you see it in person. At one time, I was the assistant manager at a small store. The store manger was transferred to another store and I was promoted. The other assistant manager and I always were sure the store manager had something going on with one of the cashiers. Imagine my surprise when I was having dinner with a friend and I look up to see the store manager walk in with the cashier. My friend and I were finished and were just sitting there bullshitting. I handed her my money and told her I'd meet her outside and explain and all but ran out the door. LOL! After I explained to her, the first thing I did when I got in my car was call the assistant manager and tell her all about it. She was still my cashier! The DM at the last chain I worked for looked like a blond Tom Cruise. He was rumored to have something with a store manager. We were going to the annual meeting and it was a mess from the start. A major storm had shut down a good chunk of the east coast and we were trying to get from Ohio to Philly. Our original flight out of a smaller airport was cancelled, then we were told to get to the major airport instead in like 45 minutes. We drove like maniacs to get there on time, only to have like  6 hours of delays because of the weather. We hit the bar and the DM got piss drunk. I don't really drink and knew I'd be drinking the next night and stuck with Diet Coke at the airport. At one point, I looked over and the DM had his hand down the back of the rumored store managers shirt and was rubbing her back. Everyone else was easily on their 4th or, in his case, 8th drink and didn't notice. 

The little old lady chasing the Grim Reaper away was brilliant. She's so sassy! The guy making the hand gestures thru the window was so real in any job when that kind of thing is known, especially in a more casual work setting like a store. Halloween was always fun in a store that went full on costumes. Some did, some didn't. And honestly, you know it's your last fun, kind of easy day for a while. Pretty much that night or the very next morning, you know it's Christmas 24/7 until after the new year. And if your music system is controlled by the home office, you start living in fear for the music change. It might not be the next day, or the day after that, but you know it's coming. Scarier than anything you saw on Halloween. Soon you'll be hoping that Grim Reaper comes for you. 

• Love 3

I hate it when someone asks what my costume is. To me, it means the costume isn't working. So I didn't understand why Jonah wanted them to ask. Besides, I thought it was fairly obvious. British flag + Exit sign = Brexit. If you know what Brexit is, you recognize the costume. If you don't know what Brexit is, you have no chance of understanding the costume.

• Love 2
23 hours ago, possibilities said:

I hate it when someone asks what my costume is. To me, it means the costume isn't working. So I didn't understand why Jonah wanted them to ask. Besides, I thought it was fairly obvious. British flag + Exit sign = Brexit. If you know what Brexit is, you recognize the costume. If you don't know what Brexit is, you have no chance of understanding the costume.

Remember when Jim was Facebook on The Office?

Jonah didn't want people to ask what he was. He wanted people to comment on how clever the Union Jack shirt + exit sign = Brexit costume was. I like Jonah, but if I had to work with him, I would ignore that kind of thing too just to make him insane.

Edited by fishcakes
  • Love 6
3 hours ago, fishcakes said:

Jonah didn't want people to ask what he was. He wanted people to comment on how clever the Union Jack shirt + exit sign = Brexit costume was. I like Jonah, but if I had to work with him, I would ignore that kind of thing too just to make him insane.

I DID work with someone much like Jonah , and we did exactly THAT..drove her nuts hat no one noticed.

• Love 1

I'm five minutes in and the only thing I can focus on is how GREAT Dina looks in that cop costume. God, the shirt and pants they usually put her in do her no favors. I always thought it was a nice, true to life touch that the workers were stuck in those shapeless polo shirts and slacks, particularly her.

Jonah WOULD dress up as Brexit.

• Love 1
On 11/4/2016 at 11:56 PM, EarlGreyTea said:

I'm five minutes in and the only thing I can focus on is how GREAT Dina looks in that cop costume. God, the shirt and pants they usually put her in do her no favors.

My eyes popped comically and I actually uttered, "YOWZA!"  And I'm a straight female.  She was indeed rockin' that outfit!

• Love 1
6 hours ago, Lovecat said:

My eyes popped comically and I actually uttered, "YOWZA!"  And I'm a straight female.  She was indeed rockin' that outfit!

I follow Lauren Ash's (Dina) instagram and she posted about how grateful she was for the positive response she got from that costume. She said she loved the opportunity to look hot for the week. And, going by other photos on her instagram, she is stunning IRL. Dina's overall look really frumps her down.

• Love 2